The Dire GM's [SFS] #1-01: The Commencement (PbP Gameday VI) (Inactive)

Game Master CanisDirus

SFS PbP: #1-01 - The Commencement (Tier 1-2)

GM Notes:
Perception
[dice=Kima]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=Mikkazuki]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=Kaylee]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=Dart]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=Charli]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=X]1d20 + [/dice

Initiative
[dice=Kima]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=Mikkazuki]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=Kaylee]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=Dart]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=Charli]1d20 + [/dice
[dice=X]1d20 + [/dice

The Commencement Maps

My "Parent" Lodge - The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge - where you can find a TON of resources about playing PFS PbP!


101 to 150 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Pointing at the Feather Stalker, Charli shouts, "Get 'em!"

As her standard action, she casts Dancing Lights up near the catwalk level so that her whole party can see to help them fight better! "Also, does anyone need my gun who can shoot better than I can?"

As a move action, you can choose one enemy within 60 feet. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies gain a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls made against that enemy. The bonus persists even if the enemy moves beyond 60 feet or out of line of sight or hearing.

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta (Damaya), Mystic-Empath (Priest) /2 | SP: 12/12 HP: 16/16 RP: 4/4 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Sp Lv 1- 3/3 | Lashunta: DT: 1/1 | Re-roll 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Attack+1 Bonus+1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

It's a Pulsecaster Pistol, so it's non-lethal.

"I don't know if that is me, hopefully I can stun it a bit."

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Dart dances out of the way of the stalker's attacks, but misses with both of his own.

BOB, however, is able to land a strike with its assault hammer!

Charli offers encouragement to the party, as Kima's shot grazes its side.

Round 1!
Kaylee (5 damage)
Ch'aya

Round 2!
Feather Stalker (5 damage 1 is NL)
Dart (7 damage)
Charli
Kima
Mikkazuki

Kaylee and Ch'aya are up!

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

Kaylee cries out in pain as she's hit but she grits her teeth and focuses her exocortex's combat tracking as she tries to shoot the thing!

Pistol attack!: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6 (dex + ct + envoy)


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

BOTTING CH'AYA

Seeing how dire the situation is, and knowing that her laser won't be as effective and her team is in trouble, Ch'aya centers her arcane energies and sends everything she has against the feather stalker.

Full Round Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) + 3 = 10

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

The creature rears back in what you can only assume is rage, as it has no vocal chords with which to make sound! Unable to reach the person who damaged it the most, it goes for the Bucket of Bolts instead!

Feather Appendage Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 vs KAC
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round 2!
Dart (7 damage)
Charli
Kima
Mikkazuki & BOB (8 damage)
Kaylee (5 damage)
Ch'aya

Round 3!
Feather Stalker (15 damage 1 is NL)

The whole party is up!

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

yay right before I leave for work!
Kaylee moves around to spread out from the others still wincing a bit from the stinger that hit her as she fires again!

Pistol Bang!: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage!: 1d6 ⇒ 1 P

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

"Get 'em again!" Charli calls.

Bang! (Semi-Automatic pistol)+Get ‘em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Mikkazuki moves up to the creature and slices at it with her knife.

Attack, Go Git ‘em: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 S


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Asexual N Combat Drone 4 | HP 25/40 | EAC 14 KAC 14 DR 1/- | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2 SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: prone

BOB has a huge hole in it’s armor where the creature hit it once. As it was hit, it calls out “This is all your fault, Mikkazuki!

Still, it swings again with it’s hammer at the creature.

Attack, flank, Go Git ‘em: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 B

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Such a complainer, BOB!” Mikkazuki says with a smile. “Your backup is up to date. Just keep streaming the data for later analysis!

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 7 |SP 56/56 HP 53/53|Force field 10/10 (10) OFF RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 21| Fort +6 Ref +5 Will +6|Init +3|Percep: +5 |Speed 60ft,fly 60ft (avg)| Current attunement: Photon 1 | Condition:

Dart swing mercilessly at the Stalker while it is distracted by the robot. "Too chicken to fight a real hero!"

Full attack: With flank and Git'em

Attack 1 (flank, Git'em): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 18
Damage 1: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Attack 2 (flank, Git'em): 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 10
Damage 2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Kaylee, Charli, BOB, and Dart all land blows on the creature, but it remains standing and thrashing!

Ch'aya and Kima can still take turns before the stalker goes again!

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta (Damaya), Mystic-Empath (Priest) /2 | SP: 12/12 HP: 16/16 RP: 4/4 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Sp Lv 1- 3/3 | Lashunta: DT: 1/1 | Re-roll 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Attack (Bab+Get'em): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage NL: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Will attempt to aim and fire again.

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

GM correction - Mikkazuki hit but BOB missed. Sorry about that!

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Ch'aya will try and take a shot with her laser!

Laser Pistol: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

However, the creature's reflective armor finally activates, forcing Ch'aya to make a reflex save!

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

And she manages to dodge the creature's dying laser-like reciprocity, as it falls to the ground, dead! (it had 1 hp remaining before Ch'aya's shot!)

Out of combat!

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

After checking the warehouse for any other dangers, and finding none, you return outside and inform station security. They start calling in dockworkers to remove the crates that belong to various persons and companies, and tell you that the building will be handed over to the Starfinders in a couple of days. No one cares about the flare or the medpatch, and station security tells you that you can keep those if you'd like to.

Zigvigix is waiting for you beyond the "police line" when you exit, and presents you with some gifts and funds they were authorized to bestow from the Exo-Guardians' budget: one set of basic iridshell armor, two mk 1 incendiary grenades, and a credstick with 400 credits on it. Ziggy is excited to examine the warehouse, but has one final word before departing - "Have fun with the grenades, but don’t blow yourselves up — I *like* you!"

~~~~~

Now, you head to the record store, only to find that you must...stand in line!

...for six
...hours

Everyone! DC 12 Fort Save or else:
You are Fatigued. You can neither run nor charge, and you take a –1 penalty to your Armor Class, attack rolls, melee damage rolls, Reflex saving throws, initiative checks, and Strength- and Dexterity-based skill and ability checks. The amount of bulk you can carry without becoming encumbered is reduced by 1. If you are fatigued, doing an activity that would normally cause fatigue causes you to become exhausted instead. After 8 hours of complete rest, you are no longer fatigued.

Even once you get inside, the crowd is trying to trample you to get at the records!!!

Everyone! DC 11 Reflex Save or else:
You take 1d4 ⇒ 3 Bludgeoning Damage.

Ziggy's original credstick had enough to buy 1 copy of the album. You got to the store early enough that you can choose to buy 1 copy for Historia-7 and one for each of you as well (plus one for Ziggy if you'd like to expend money to do so). If you are buying a copy for yourself, please indicate that you are in your next post (and also decide which mission you'd like to tackle next! Two down, two to go!)

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

Kaylee will ask if everyone's okay with taking a 10 minute breather before leaving the warehouse area since she got hit pretty hard by that one stinger thingie. If we can she'll spend 1 resolve to get all her stamina back before the record store.

Fort!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Reflex!: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 1 = 23

"Maybe we do the race last as a neat way to cap off our day? Also I'd totally chip in credits to buy Ziggy a copy of the record!" (at the store not when Ziggy is around)

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 7 |SP 56/56 HP 53/53|Force field 10/10 (10) OFF RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 21| Fort +6 Ref +5 Will +6|Init +3|Percep: +5 |Speed 60ft,fly 60ft (avg)| Current attunement: Photon 1 | Condition:

Dart agrees to the 10 minute rest at the warehouse to catch his breath. "A glorious fight by all." He turns to look at BOB. "That dent will tell a good story!"

After the rest and clean up at the warehouse Dart waits on line.

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

He has no problem offering to get Ziggy a copy and Kaylee's enthusiasm also encourages Dart to get his own copy.

"I suggest we might as well drop this copy off with Historia-7 and see what she wants"

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta (Damaya), Mystic-Empath (Priest) /2 | SP: 12/12 HP: 16/16 RP: 4/4 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Sp Lv 1- 3/3 | Lashunta: DT: 1/1 | Re-roll 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

While the group is taking a rest, Kima will heal them of their damage they encountered during the fight. Healing Touch

Fort+1: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Reflex+1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Seems like an interesting plan. Let's just hope he isn't having us deliver one because he already has one and likes it." She sounds a bit tired after standing in the line, and keeps rubbing on her shoulder after a well armored individual pushes her out of the way.

.

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 7 |SP 56/56 HP 53/53|Force field 10/10 (10) OFF RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 21| Fort +6 Ref +5 Will +6|Init +3|Percep: +5 |Speed 60ft,fly 60ft (avg)| Current attunement: Photon 1 | Condition:

Dart takes one of the grenades "The Drinkless God says that these are good against rats and other vermin that are too small for the sword." He tuns to Mikkazuki and holds up the armor. "I am not a fan of such bulky equipment, but looks like you could use this. Anyone else want the last grenade? How is BOB's trowing arm?"

Wayfinders

2 people marked this as a favorite.
820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 1 = 14

Charli is tired and grumpy from waiting in line, but she still nimbly avoids the big folk trying to trample her. But then she has the album in hand and all her troubles seem small. Spinning and dancing with the album, she belts out her favorite Strawberry Machine Cake song in front of the crowd.

♫ That’s great! Starts with a twist of fate
The Drift, the Gap, Triune
Tells us, ‘No need to be afraid’

The start of a new dawn, the Gods won’t let on
Where have our memories gone?
Hell with that, where the hell’s Go-lar-i-an?
Speed it up a notch, pawn, grunt, keep on
The shuttle starts to buckle with fear of flight, downsize
Wire in a fire, spin out the Pact Worlds
An alliance made for hire; unspoken conflicts rise
Tangled treaties fall and treaties form
With the Swarm breathing down your neck.

Team by team the Stewards baffled, feeling all alone
Look at that Star Stone! Fine, then.
Uh oh, the Armada grows; the lost generation
Comes in its own. Absalom Station!
Where have our memories gone
Where the hell’s Go-lar-i-an
Tell me with the rapture and the radioactive in the right, right
We’re quixotic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light
Feeling pretty psyched!

Golarian’s gone and we know it
Golarian’s gone and we know it
Golarian’s gone and we know it
And I feel fine... ♫

Source: "It's the end of the world as we know it" by R.E.M.

Grinning and giddy, she lays cash on the counter. "Of course we're buying an album for Ziggy! And if anyone else needs one, I'll help you buy one too." She grins at the others. "If you want to head to the races, I'm game!"

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Buying copy for myself and chipping in on a copy for Ziggy. Probably using some of the money earned here to do so. I’m fine with doing the races next.

When Kaylee suggests chipping in for a copy of the record for Ziggy, Mikkazuki says “Certainly! Since I hope to be working with them, think I will pick up a copy for myself! Can’t hurt to know your leader’s musical preferences.

While the rest of the group is resting, Mikkazuki takes out some tools and tries to fix the worst of the damage to BOB, but it is clear that one more solid hit will most likely take it out.

The armor looks very nice, much better than I was able to afford. As for grenades and BOB, it is usually in the area of active grenades rather than throwing them. I could use one though.

At seeing the line, Mikkazuki asks “Any good ideas how we might short cut this?

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Reflex: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 1 = 15

Mikkazuki is tired, but being a big lizard means not having to dodge quite as much. Her method of pushing through the crowd involves making sure her footing is always stable.

She looks curiously at the album, and then stores it for later.


| HP: 9/9 RP: 4/4 SP: 5/5 | EAC: 13 KAC: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+52 | Init +2 | Perc: +0 |

If funds are available, Ch'aya would pick up a copy for herself and pitch in for Ziggy's.

Ch'aya frowns a bit as the alien falls, but glad to be out of combat.

--

As they near the record store she looks a bit nervous seeing the crowd gathered outside.

"This is going to be crazier than that one time...", she mutters to herself.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

As she gets into the massive queue she gets jostled around a bit but manages to get up to the front of the line with her party, looking a bit winded. As they exit the record store she pipes up, "Perhaps a short rest is in order?"

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Somewhat perplexed, Mikkazuki says to Ch’aya “Wouldn’t it be better to press on and finish all our tasks before the day is out?

It takes 8 hours rest to recover from Fatigued and I can’t find any cost effective way at our level to get rid of it faster.

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

1 - Yes, you can take 10 minutes after the warehouse (or after the record store, your individual choice) to spend 1 resolve to get back all of your stamina.

2 - Yes, unfortunately Fatigue takes 8 hours of rest to get rid of (barring magic or boons or other things).

3 - I have down that Kaylee, Dart, Charli, Mikkazuki, and Ch'aya are buying copies for themselves and pitching in for Ziggy.

4 - Looks like 2 votes for Dataphiles and 1 for Acquisitives. Look for that post in a little bit!

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

You return to Starfinder HQ -

The Lorespire Complex, home and heart of the Starfinder Society, is a striking campus dedicated to knowledge. Communal labs and historical departments study the Archives’ massive collection of artifacts and texts, gathered by generations of agents from across the galaxy. A quick search of the directory indicates Historia-7 frequents the Archives’ Cortex, a computerized matrix containing digital records of the Starfinder Society’s most prominent discoveries.

The android you are looking for reclines on a raised chair and is plugged into the local infosphere when the doors open. The neural cables detach themselves from her neck as she swivels in her seat to address the new arrivals. “Greetings, Starfinders,” she says calmly. “I am Historia-7. If you are seeking a mission from me, please be aware that my request requires both discretion and speed. Do not accept it if you feel incapable of working within these parameters."

“I discovered someone recently hacked into Bluerise Tower’s computer systems and stole a large amount of sensitive data from the resident corporations. I wish to be privy to this information. I managed to trace the hacker’s location through many proxies and erased the trail so that station and corporate security should be delayed in their pursuit. This deception will not fool them for long, so you must move quickly to retrieve the data before they can recover it. I will leave you to decide what to do with the hacker afterward, but should it be feasible, I believe that person would be an asset to the Society.”

With the touch of a button, she sends an address to your comm units, and awaits any questions you may have, so long as they are brief.

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Impressiive on the part of the hacker, embarrassing for Bluerise Tower. I wouldn’t want to be their security person right now.

Other than location and self-evident skills, is there anything you know about the culprit? Race, reason for the data theft, probable client, et cetera?

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

"The hacker was quite clever. All I was able to acquire through tracking protocols was the address."

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Mikkazuki checks the address to see where it is, giving others a chance to ask questions while she is doing so.

Historia-7 doesn’t seem to want any time wasted. Best to check what she sent and what is easily answered before asking her any more questions. I hope no one is looking for queries like this one!

First check what was sent, then find out what is there. If possible, do it in a way that wouldn’t easily show the query or include the exact address.

Computers: 10 + 9 = 19

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

The address is a ground-floor apartment in a complex called "Drifter's End" in a middle-income section of the station under the dome where there is grass and parks and an almost planetary atmosphere.

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

Kaylee nudges Charli forward with the thing to give to Historia 7 before they leave.

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta (Damaya), Mystic-Empath (Priest) /2 | SP: 12/12 HP: 16/16 RP: 4/4 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Sp Lv 1- 3/3 | Lashunta: DT: 1/1 | Re-roll 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

"Are we to apprehend the original copies or about what size of the information are we to bring back so we indeed to have the correct equipment with us. It would be a shame to transfer it from the hacker to hear even with proxies and such to have the authorities then trace it here -- so hard transfer on a device would be prudent and expedient. It would be helpful to have the proper device." Kima mentions.

"I could possibly see moving both equipment and useful operative here, but encase that proves harder than time allows I assume the data is more important at this juncture?"

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

"Um... Historia 7?" Charli says, "Ziggy from the Exo-Guardians wanted us to deliver this to you." She pulls out the album of Star Sugar Heartlove!!! She grins as she holds it out, showing all the holographic shooting stars and hearts on the cover. "It's the physical release of Strawberry Machine Cake's latest album. Ziggy says the music always makes them feel better, and they wanted to share their favorite music with you."

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 7 |SP 56/56 HP 53/53|Force field 10/10 (10) OFF RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 21| Fort +6 Ref +5 Will +6|Init +3|Percep: +5 |Speed 60ft,fly 60ft (avg)| Current attunement: Photon 1 | Condition:

Dart nods and smiles and follows along. Leaving the first part of the investigation to those that can and staying out of their way.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

♫ Sometimes things get out of hand
Maybe not the trip you planned
Like the Idarii you lost your way
Found some place strange to stay
But don't worry, it'll all work out
So it's time to scream and shout
The song the Cosmos's thinking of
Star Sugar Heartlove,
Yeah, Star Sugar Heartlove!!! ♫


| HP: 9/9 RP: 4/4 SP: 5/5 | EAC: 13 KAC: 14 | F:+0 R:+2 W:+52 | Init +2 | Perc: +0 |

Ch'aya reviews the notes that Historia-7 provided on the next task. As Charli hands Historia the album, she watches with a half smirk on her face.

"Does anyone know anything about this area? I would hate to walk in blind...not that it has stopped us today really...Plus since time is of the essence..." she trails off.

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

"I looked up the address. It is a ground floor apartment in a middle income residential area with parks. The complex is called 'Drifter's End'." Mikkazuki quickly says. She shares the data she found with the rest of the group.

Looking around to the group, she then asks "Any other questions? We need to move on this!"

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

Sorry wasn't feeling well and was in-bed most of the day

Historia-7 doesn't have any other information for you, really. Just that she wants the information - that is all.

When Charli hands Historia-7 the album she looks down at it...
Then she looks up at Charli, giving the gnome a long, unreadable stare...
Then back down at the album...
Finally she takes it, stating calmly, "I will enter it into the archives."

~~~~~

You arrive at Drifter's End, an apartment complex that resembles a cement cube. From across the street you see the specific address - a ground floor unit. Outside the front door of said unit are several tomato plants in plastic barrels sitting on an otherwise barren porch. Boxes of nutrient broth, gardening tools, and various cultural knickknacks clutter the floor. A teenage boy is hand-pollinating the plants.

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

"Hello there!"' Charli smiles and waves from across the street. "Those are some really nice looking tomatoes. May I take a closer look? What's your secret for growing them? I'm from Castrovel, and I really miss being surrounded by growing things."

Diplomacy, Take Ten: 10 + 8 = 18

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

The kid looks left and right to make sure you're talking to him. "Uh...thanks? I dunno, just make sure they have the right amount of nutrient paste and spray them with mist every day?"

He looks at the lot of you, including the ones with multiple weapons. "Uhm...are you sure you're in the right place?"

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

While Charli is talking with the kid, Mikkazuki looks around for any indications that this might be the right place. She checks for unusual infosphere activity, signs of better than normal infrastructure, or anything else that might give a hint that this is the right place.

We are likely going to need to get in the apartment to find this out, but I’ll let Charli get us that.

Meanwhile, she has BOB take up a watch position where it could see someone trying to sneak out the back.

Computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

BOB has a camera.

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta (Damaya), Mystic-Empath (Priest) /2 | SP: 12/12 HP: 16/16 RP: 4/4 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc: +11, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft |
Tracked Resources:
| Sp Lv 1- 3/3 | Lashunta: DT: 1/1 | Re-roll 1/1
| Active Conditions: none

Kima will look around as if looking at the apartment numbers for a moment while Charli talks to him.

"Potentially," Kima mentions still dressed as if she walked out of the Abadarian complex in Bluerise Tower. "We were asked to offer a potential job opportunity to someone in this area, if this is the correct address. As you could expect it does indeed pay decently for services rendered."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 7 |SP 56/56 HP 53/53|Force field 10/10 (10) OFF RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 21| Fort +6 Ref +5 Will +6|Init +3|Percep: +5 |Speed 60ft,fly 60ft (avg)| Current attunement: Photon 1 | Condition:

Dart smiles and nods with Kima. "Yes, sources say that you are quite the computer whiz."

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Dart seems a bit over eager to help with the situation.

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

As the young man becomes more and more alarmed by the questioning by so many people, he drops the glass spray bottle he was holding, which breaks on the ground with a loud crash.

The door opens and a wizened old woman in a blue-and white abaya stands there looking at all of you. "Now, what's all this ruckus? Why are you bothering my grandson?"

The boy quickly says something about computers and jobs and how he's only still learning computer programming languages in school...and the old woman looks you over.

Sense Motive, Perception, or Computers DC 20:
You notice the old woman's left eye is moving very rapidly left-and-right for a second or two. Some might dismiss this as an eye twitch of some sort, but you recognize this as someone accessing a neural implant, recalling data.

After a moment, she gives you all a little smile. "Well, nothing's going to come of anything standing around out here. Would you like to come in for some tea? Jubair - please clean up out here while I put the kettle on, hm?"

Assuming you agree, you enter the small-ish flat and sit while she heads to the kitchen.

Perception or Culture DC 17:
The furnishings here are decent...but as you look closer you begin to notice that they are, in fact, very high quality - just designed to look like they are run-of-the-mill and ordinary.

(More coming momentarily)

Grand Lodge

| Skitter Shot (SFS) Maps | | Game 2 Maps & Handouts | | Game 3 Maps & Handouts |

The old lady, who introduces herself to you as Ceren, brings you all tea and joins you around the table as Jubair finishes cleaning up and comes inside as well.

"It would seem, young Starfinders, that I have quite a few files from Bluerise Tower's computer systems, but I'm not quite sure when I got them." Her grandson almost does a spit-take with his tea at the revelation.

"You see, in my youth, I was an Operative - one of the best, really. I was a decent sniper, but hacking was my specialty. But, age is the great equalizer...and as I got older, I started having problems focusing. I hired the best doctors my money could buy - degenerative brain disease, they told me. Fortunately, my implants were good enough that as long as I retired from active duty, they'd keep me in my right mind far longer than someone without them...but I still sometimes have lapses in memory. I must have slipped into a younger mindset, performed the hack, then simply forgotten about it."

Her grandson again almost spits out his tea. "You were a spy?! ...That's so cool!"

She sips her tea calmly for a moment as she ponders the situation. "I can only conclude that if you found me, others will soon too, and they won't be recently promoted Starfinders whose personnel files are easy to find through a simple hack," she says with a kind smile. "So, I have a proposition for you - I will give you the data, but you have to do something for me. First, I want you to place Jubair under Society protection..."

Another spit-take. "I get to be a Starfinder?! ...That's *so* cool!!"

"...and second, I want you to help me fake my death then build me a new identity. No jobs that are dangerous or degrading, mind you. Do these for me, and I'll take care of getting myself and Jubair's affairs in order, and we'll meet you in Jatembe Park at this little secluded bridge I know near the southern end. So...do we have a deal?"

Wayfinders

| ES () | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive () | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Kaylee will whisper what she knows to the others before the woman talks then will shut up and let others take the lead on this one since she's a little out of her depth on faking peoples deaths and stuff.

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

"We would love some tea!" Charli perks up, suddenly alive with curiosity. "And we would love to have you as a Starfinder, though you'll have to train at the Lorespire Complex."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 4 + (4) = 20
Culture: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (3) = 17

Charli nods to Kaylee, as she also caught the rapid eye movements. This is our pro, she thinks to Kima. Did you see her eyes? She's still accessing data... Our personnel records, no doubt.

"Yes, of course. We'll protect both of you, though I've never helped fake someone's death before." Her voice perks up. No bleaching for this gnome today!

She grins. "That sounds exciting! And creative! And dangerous!" She pauses considering. "I even know a place where we can get hold of some corpses. I helped the Vat Garden clear out some unwanted thugs a while back. I bet they can find us a body."

Profession Tea Connoisseur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Charli sips the tea, assessing it professionally. Is it good? Because Charli really needs to know....

If it's good:

"Delicious! You have a talent for tea!" Charli raises her eyebrows.

"I have an idea for a profession and new identity. You know that I'm a newly promoted Starfinder. You also likely know that I run the Posh Kettle when I'm not on Starfinder gigs. It's a great business, but I want to branch out and get some coverage when I am out on assignment. How do you feel about learning the tea business and joining me as a partner?"

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Mikkazuki smiles when the teen gushes about becoming a Starfinder. “It will take training and hard work, but we have the training facilities in Lorespire Complex. You will have plenty of opportunities there.

I would be willing to bet our host already has an idea of how to accomplish much of that, Charli.All the old black ops people I’ve ever met seemed to have multiple escape plans and contingencies. I expect it is a requirement of surviving in the profession.

Looking to Ceren, she says “What help do you need from us on the plan? If you’ve read our records you already have a fair idea of our training.

When it comes time, Aid Another someone on Diplo, convince Ceren we can do this: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Exo-Guardians

Male Kasathas Solarian 7 |SP 56/56 HP 53/53|Force field 10/10 (10) OFF RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 21| Fort +6 Ref +5 Will +6|Init +3|Percep: +5 |Speed 60ft,fly 60ft (avg)| Current attunement: Photon 1 | Condition:

Dart takes in the information though slowly comprehends. "Real death is easy, but fake death is tricky. We will need at least a body, that looks like you. This is dangerous place and should be able to find some old man corpse. But not sure how to pull off the rest. Ideas?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Although somewhat careless in his choice of words, Dart is respectful.

"As for a new life, have you heard the word of the Drinkless God?"

101 to 150 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dire GM's [SFS] #1-01: The Commencement (PbP Gameday VI) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.