The City of Splendors

Game Master littlehewy

Current battlemap
Map of Ardeep Forest
Map of Waterdeep
Map of the Adventurers' Quarter
Reynwyn's Loot Tracker


1,601 to 1,650 of 1,779 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

"I could cast unseen servant, it can small objects. It's usually used for household and camp chores... but it's invisibly. We could have some smoldering cloth and use it to set the fire discretely from ranged.... Revjak could use the deck to distract those on guard. I think holding back would be better than closing unless Revjak thinks he can bottle them up."


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

"I can slay well, but the wretches would surely run outside my reach. I like the cunning of silencing their huts one by one."


So again, sorry for the extended absence, but now what are your plans? Tell me exactly what your characters want to do, and we'll get this totally easy encounter out of the way :)


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

If you can take the time to cast it on the huts, we can sneak down, attack them inside, and move to the next.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn nods to his companions and removes a book that is pitch black, as if it absorbs the very light that reaches it... As he flips open the pages, a wispy darkness seems to seep out to dissipate slowly like the mists around them. He leaves the book open to a certain page with the ritual instructions. ”This will take me 10 minutes if you want to get into position. I will message Revjak when it is complete.”

His fingers then begin to trace dark, glowing symbols in the air around him where they hang and drip liquid shadows. Each symbol is unique and complex taking several moments each to complete their pattern. Once they were all complete, Reynwyn points towards the first tent they designated as their target and swipes his hands through the arcane symbols! A cold wind whips up around him and then moves up around the tent, where it swirls around silently...


Okay, good plan! So Reynwyn has cast silence on the nearest hut as a ritual - let's have Revjak and whoever is travelling with him to the hut make Stealth checks.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Revjak messages back:

We move in for the kill!

He advances, quiet as a ghost but far deadlier, breathing through his open mouth so the gnolls cannot hear.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Carric joins Revjak.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

Arthur tries to move forward while focusing on his unseen servant spell, having the spectral figure carry a smouldering object to start a few fires about the tents, making it come in from an angle obscured to the guards.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Sorry folks, been trying to get a map together, I think I'll just find one online tonight. The three of you have reached the hut. Piety has remained with Reynwyn to protect him.

The three of you creep forward successfully through the gloomy camp, timing your arrival at the target hut to coincide with Reynwyn's completion of the spell. Arthur sends off his unseen servant to start making some fires away from the first hut.

Up against the side of the rough building, you look at each other grimly and nod slightly. Waiting for a moment when none of the gnolls out in the open are looking in your direction, you then rush around and into the hut entrance, weapons drawn.

Inside you see four gnolls, most of them lounging around, perhaps asleep. One, however, has just risen to its feet, apparently attempting to speak or growl, and gesticulating at its lack of ability to do so. It grabs for a weapon as you burst in.

Four gnolls, three of them surprised. Here we go!

GM's screen:

Arthur: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Carric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Carric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Piety: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Revjak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Reynwyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Gnolls: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

INITIATIVE - Round 1
Gnolls
Piety
Arthur/Carric
Reynwyn
Revjak

The gnoll grabs a spear and rushes forward to engage Revjak, its tongue flapping wildly and its eyes wide with fear. Thrusting with both hands, it nearly skewers the big man, but Revjak just manages to deflect the blow. The eeriness of fighting under the magical silence is at once apparent; weapons clash without sound, there are no shouts or roars, and neither your breathe nor your blood thunder in your own ears. The other gnolls begin to rouse, whether at the sudden movement or the smell of intruders you're not sure.

Everybody up! Reynwyn, obviously you can't see inside the hut, but you are aware that the other three have just entered, weapons drawn. Piety will follow you.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 1, Hunters Mark 1/10 Rds, Slayer's Prey

Carric slips inside the door and focuses his gaze on the closest Gnoll just rising, and he looses an arrow.

LB Att: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
LB Dam: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + (3) + (4) = 15


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak emerges from the shadows, now truly silent.

He yells wordlessly - and without noise - as he drives Azuredge towards a gnoll who has not had the quick wits to yet realise their doom is here.

Strike with surprise, so advantage without enemies getting advantage on him.

Divine Fury, radiant damage, added to first hit of turn: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15

Azuredge, advantage: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 3 = 26

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 17

Azuredge End: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Azuredge, advantage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 10

AOO:

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 3 = 10

Azuredge, if advantage applies: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 3 = 24

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 16


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

Arthur trusted Revjak to take down his target so moved forward to attack the next gnoll. The unseen servant continues to start to light fires.

Rapier Vs Gnoll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Reynwyn tenses at the silence from within as his friends rush into the tent, he keeps watch for any attempt of a gnoll to exit and blast them with one of his shadowy bolts... He passes off his crossbow to Piety and nods towards the tent opening. "Use that if any of the gnolls make it out. We cannot let them alert the rest of the camp!"

I'm not sure if you'll allow me to Hold an Action of casting Eldritch Blast or not, but... I'll throw out an attack/damage roll if applicable.

Ranged Spell Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Force Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8


Piety take sthe crossbow from Reynwyn and nods. The warlock readies his blast and waits anxiously for any sign of enemies exiting the hut.

Yes Reynwyn, as it's a cantrip there's no downside to readying eldritch blast.

Given that you've all nominated prone targets in the hut, you should all have advantage. Carric hit already, so Arthur I'll roll again for you.

GM's screen:
Arthur Rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
@Revjak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
@Revjak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Carric's arrow strikes the nearest rising gnoll in the chest, and Arthur steps up to finish the job; his rapier slides in beside the elf's arrow, and the gnoll twitches on his blade. Revjak circles around the standing gnoll, then slams Azuredge, twice, into one of the surprised gnolls. It falls back, gurgling on its own blood.

Both remaining gnolls, now on their feet and holding weapons, converge on Revjak, stabbing at him with their spears, but neither can manage to land a blow on the young Northman. They also open their mouths widely, screaming for help. But of course, no sound rings out. The gnoll who was already standing has a chance to run for the door.

INITIATIVE - Round 2
Gnolls (acted or acting)
Piety
Arthur/Carric
Reynwyn
Revjak

Everyone up, but first can I get an AoO from Revjak and Arthur on the fleeing gnoll if you want to take it.


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 2, Hunters Mark 2/10 Rds, Slayer's Prey

Carric focuses on the Gnoll moving for the door, and he looses an arrow.

LB Att: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
LB Dam: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + (4) + (4) = 17


Just a heads up Carric, by the time it's your turn the fleeing gnoll will be d3ad or out of the hut. So when that's resolved I'll let you choose whether you want to follow that gnoll and shoot at him outside, or aim for one still in the hut.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak lashes out with his deadly blade at the fleeing gnoll!

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 = 10


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

Arthur steps forward and thrusts his blade between the ribs of the gnoll as he flees.
AOO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He follows up such grace by stabbing the tent... that was probably not what he meant to do.
Rapier Vs Gnoll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 3


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

I am looking to limit exposure outside of the tent. If the fleeing Gnoll still stands, please use my attack on it, and I will follow it. If he is down, then the closest to the door on the inside will work.


I typed up a massive post about an hour ago and posted, just returned to find a post that I'd already posted in another game here instead. Pretty frustrating... I think I must have hit edit in the wrong tab then pasted. Anyhow, I'll try to recreate what I wrote.

Also, map is up. Not exactly as I described, but it'll do the job :)

Okay Carric, so you'll move to the door of the tent to shoot at the fleeing one? Gotcha.

GM's screen:
P AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
P: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Revjak and Arthur swing at the fleeing gnoll as it passes, both delivering heavy blows, but in a fearful frenzy the creature ignores its wounds and barrels out of the hut.

Piety and Reynwyn see the burst of movement and release their ranged attacks, but Piety's bolt shudders into the door frame and Reynwyn's shadowy blast strikes the ground in front of the noiselessly screaming gnoll. It takes a few more steps... and then its cries ring out across the encampment. The gnolls out in the open all turn their attention to the disturbance. Piety hurriedly reloads and takes another shot with Reynwyn's crossbow, but misses again. Carric steps out of the hut, arrow drawn, and releases it at the bellowing gnoll. His arrow strikes it in the neck, and it falls to the ground, gurgling. However, it seems it is too late...

Arthur, meanwhile, attacks the last gnoll in the hut, although it knocks aside his attack with its spear.

Revjak and Reynwyn to go!


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak roars in frustration - albeit silently - as he swings at the gnoll who was not fast enough to flee the hut.

Strike with reckless attack, so advantage to hit all around

Divine Fury, radiant damage, added to first hit of turn: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15

Azuredge, advantage: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 3 = 28

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 18

Azuredge End: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Azuredge, advantage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 12

AOO:

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 3 = 26

Azuredge, advantage: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 18


GM's screen:
Reyn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Botting Reynwyn.

Seeing that the jig is up, Reynwyn steps up to the mouth of the tunnel of foliage and sends another blast at the nearest gnoll. However, the shadowy bolt merely rushes past its ears, startling but not injuring the creature. Revjak, meanwhile, smashes the butt-end of Azuredge into his opponent's stomach, then swings the glowing blue weapon in a horizontal arc, decapitating the gnoll with one swing.

All of the gnolls from the first tent are defeated, however the other six gnolls out in the open charge towards Carric, screaming as they do. The nearest to Carric steps inside the radius of the silence spell as it engages the elf, and its eyes widen in surprise.

Reynwyn:
All around the camp, you can hear the noises of more gnolls barking in alarm as they wake inside their lodgings. It sounds like many gnolls...

INITIATIVE - Round 3
Gnolls (acted)
Piety
Arthur/Carric
Reynwyn
Revjak

Piety growls and drops the crossbow on the ground, then rushes forward to aid Carric, banging his fists together as he does, causing sparks to fall to the sodden earth of the clearing.

The alarm has been raised. Fight or flight? Everyone up!


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 3, Hunters Mark 4/10 Rds, Slayer's Prey

Carric slips his shortsqord from its sheath and attacks.

ss Att: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
ss crit Dam: 2d6 + 4 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 + (2, 4) + (6, 5) = 27

If that falls the gnoll, Carric will move back into the tent a draw his bow.


GM's screen:
Count 5

Nice!

Carric draws his blade at the last minute and stabs forward into the onrushing gnoll's stomach. The gnoll's momentum slides it all the way along the blade, and it snaps at Carric's face, nearly taking off his nose, before it begins leaking blood from its mouth. Choking, it slumps to the ground. Carric then steps back into the shoddy dwelling to take cover from the charging hyena-headed creatures.

Arthur, Reynwyn, Revjak to go!


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Not knowing if the gnoll was silenced by the others or not, Revjak runs out.

It is silenced - or the gnolls rush anyway!

He emerges to see battle, but not hear it. A most bizarre occurrence for him, but he does not let it dissuade him.

The silenced, surprised gnoll is the next target of his wrath, at the end of a brutal charge!

Divine Fury, radiant damage, added to first hit of turn: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 3 = 16

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 3 = 17

Azuredge End: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

AOO:

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 3 = 12

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

What action would it take to drop a spell I cast?


No action required to drop a concentration spell, Reynwyn.


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Okay, perfect, just wanted to double check!

Reynwyn will sever his concentration to the ritual spell and immediately use the azure ring upon his finger to send a Message to Revjak. ”We must fall back! The gnolls have been alerted! The entire camp is rousing.”


GM's screen:

A: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

G@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
G@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

G@A: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

G@P: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Dmg: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7
P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Gnolls:
1:
2:
3:
4: -7

Okey doke, botting Arthur.

Arthur rushes outside behind Revjak, when, without warning, sound suddenly returns to the area. The gnolls' screaming and yammering fills your ears, and the Revjak meets the first charging gnoll head on. The hyena-man falls to the ground in a flash of blue light. Arthur stays close behind Revjak and Piety, ready to attack.

The rest of the gnolls continue to charge forward, and crash into the three Companions. Arthur attempts to stab the nearest one, but his blade is knocked aside. The lead gnoll's attack is likewise parried by Revjak, but the second manages to score the northman's ribs with its spear (6 halved to 3 damage). Piety grunts in pain from one of the gnoll's strikes, as does Arthur (5 damage to Arthur).

Piety strikes back, one of his huge fists slamming into the gnoll facing him, but the creature just cackles and continues to stab at the man-golem. You begin to hear hoots and yips from out in the darkness of the camp... it must be more gnolls coming to join the battle.

INITIATIVE - Round 4
Gnolls (acted)
Piety
Arthur/Carric
Reynwyn
Revjak

All up!


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 4, Hunters Mark 4/10 Rds, Slayer's Prey

Carric moves out of the hut 30 feet in the direction of Renwyn and fires at the southernmost Gnoll after marking him as his prey.

LB Att: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
LB Dam: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 + (5) + (5) = 21


I encourage you all to look at and move yourselves on the current battlemap :)


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Done


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

I will not fall! I will not let them slay the others!

"YAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!", roars Revjak, his fury building to breaking point as he slams Azuredge at the gnoll striking at Arthur!

RAGE, ATTACK

Divine Fury, radiant damage, added to first hit of turn: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 13

AOO:

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 3 = 22

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 18


Sorry Revjak, that was a full 6 hp of damage last round, as you hadn't raged... Sorry about that.

Carric wheels out of the hut and puts another gnoll down with one arrow, striking it in its left eye. Revjak turns north and strikes at the gnoll attacking Arthur, smashing Azuredge into its side. Arthur stabs at it too, but it manages to avoid his rapier, just barely.

Arthur and Reynwyn to go. Red-bordered gnoll is bloodied.


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Corrected now. :)


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

Gods damn the forums. this did not alert me there were new posts! Sorry everyone.

Arthur tries to finish off the badly injured gnoll knowing them must cut down the numerical advantage quickly.
Rapier Vs Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 1d8+3


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Arthur, you need another d8 for crit damage!


Male Half-elf 4th Level Warlock | HP 26/26 (THP 7/7) | AC 15 | Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +6 | Init +2 | PPerc 13/16 | HD 4d8 | Spells: 2/2 | Conditions: Mage Armor

Seeing that his companions are not falling back as he suggested causes Reynwyn to bite back a curse. Instead of wasting any more time, he calls upon the powers of his Lady and calls down a hex upon one of the gnolls engaged in the melee with Revjak! Suddenly the mists around the group suddenly darken and swirl as they streak towards one of the gnolls, clinging to it! Reynwyn then targets the beast with his ring and fires one of his inky black bolts at it!

Ranged Spell Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Force/Necrotic Damage: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (2) = 10

Cast Hex upon the gnoll outlined in the dotted blue as a Bonus Action. Then cast Eldritch Blast at the same one.


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

I missed the crit... and rolling even basic damage: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 8) + 3 = 16


GM's screen:

@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Archers:
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
@Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
@Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
@Piety: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
@Piety: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Piety
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 = 10

Gnolls:
9:
10: -22 X
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
H1:
H2:
H3:
H4:
PL: 61

Arthur lunges, sliding his rapier into the wounded gnoll's eye socket. It goes limp immediately, falling backwards off Arthur's blade and nearly tripping its fellow. Reynwyn then unleashes his magicks on the one before Revjak, striking it hard with his shadow blast. It howls in pain, but keeps thrusting its spear at Revjak, as does its fellow. While Revjak manages to deflect most of the blows, one does slip through his defences (9 halved to 4 piercing on Revjak).

Then, just when victory seems inevitable, a horde of gnolls appear from the shadows - eight more, led by a hulking alpha, emerge from the shadows and rush towards the conflict. Worse, the zing of arrows can be heard, the archers unseen somewhere in the shadows, firing on the very visible Revjak, Arthur, and Piety (you lot are within the radius of the fire near the tent).

Three of the arrows strike Revjak, all of them in his legs (after halving, that's 9 piercing, speed reduced by 30'), and one strikes Arthur in the thigh, beginning to bleed heavily (10 damage, speed reduced by 10'). Two arrows bounce of Piety, unable to penetrate his steely hide.

Piety methodically smashes away at the gnoll in front of him, and it falls under the cold fury of the warforged. Another one down!

INITIATIVE - Round 5
Gnolls (acted)
Piety (acted)
Arthur/Carric
Reynwyn
Revjak

It's getting real out there! Everyone up!


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 5, Hunters Mark 5/10 Rds, Slayer's Prey

Carric moves further back, past Renwyn, and fires at the alpha Gnoll after marking him as his prey.

LB Att: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
LB Dam: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + (1) + (3) = 17


Damn that's some nice damage you're pumping out there, Carric. Unfortunately that one doesn't hit...


Male CG Human (Reghed) Barbarian 4 (Zealot) | HP: 47/47, Temp: 0/0 | AC: 14 (currently: 14) | Per +2, Stl +3, Srv +2 | Saves: Str +6*, Dex +1, Con +5*, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha -1 | Init: +1 | Passive Perception 12 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: No| Hit Dice: 4/4, 1d12+3 | Rage: 3/3 | Active conditions: Rage 0/10

Revjak focuses on slaying the gnoll in front of him, rather than take heed of arrow stings.

Divine Fury, radiant damage, added to first hit of turn: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 15

Azuredge End: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 10

AOO:

Azuredge: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 3 = 23

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 10


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

Arthur does his best to help Revjak take down the gnoll before them.

Rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

If Revjak has that gnoll killed he'll swing south to attack the southern one


Arthur technically you're first, but it makes more sense tactically for Revjak to take out the near one and hold the line while you move south... I'll go with that if that suits everyone.

Edit: And actually Arthur, your speed's only 20' for this turn thanks to that arrow in the thigh... It's enough to get you out of the firelight though, and I'll let you hold that attack till one gets close enough, which it will.

Carric fires at the alpha, but the canny packlord rolls to the side as it charges, and the elf's arrow whizzes away into the trees. Revjak, ignoring the arrow bites, thrusts the haft of Azuredge into his foe's stomach, then swipes its head off with the glowing axehead. The decapitated gnoll falls, adding to the pile of felled enemies in front of the young northman.

Arthur wheels to the south, engaging a gnoll heading towards the battle. He meets its charge, turning aside its attack, then impales its left arm with his blade. Reynwyn, meanwhile (bot), turns his baleful eye on the enemy that charges towards him, but his blast fires just wide of the creature.

The rest of the pack descends upon you all, most following the packlord towards Revjak and Piety, although Arthur soon finds himself facing two gnoll spears at once, although they hardly get a proper thrust at him. One makes it close enough to Reynwyn to stab wildly at him, although it goes wide. The gnoll arrows continue to zing through the air, still targeting those near the fire.

Revjak takes some minor blows from the rank and file gnolls (total of 8 damage over three halved hits, and your speed stays at 10' for this round again as two of them were longbow strikes to your legs), and Piety takes a solid blow through his breastplate... but then the alpha descends on Revjak, glaive gleaming in the firelight. Revjak does his best to avoid the alpha's frenzied swings, although he does take a slash to the cheek (4 more hp, halved to 2). The packlord then screams out to the gnolls around him, exhorting them on, and one manages to strike Revjak again in the side.

Revjak, that's 15 total damage to you after halving this round, and speed down to 10'.

Piety ignores the alpha, bangs his metal fists together, and turns a devastating series of punches on the gnoll to the north of him. A flash of sparks, the smell of burnt fur... and another gnoll falls to the ground. One shot from Piety, two hits for 22 hp!

INITIATIVE - Round 6
Gnolls (acted)
Piety (acted)
Arthur/Carric
Reynwyn
Revjak

All up!

GM's screen:

Gnolls:
9: -23 X
10: -22 X
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
H1:
H2:
H3:
H4:
PL: 61

Piety: 30

Reyn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Bows
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

@Piety: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
@Piety: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
@Piety: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
@Piety: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Spears
@Reyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
@Piety: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
@Rev: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Packlord
Rev: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Rev: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Rev: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
@Incite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Piety: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
2d4 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + (5) + 3 = 14
2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 8
Piety: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Wood Elf Ranger Monster Slayer (Soldier)/4; AC: 16; HP: 36/36; Passive Perception 14; Init +4 (Adv); Saves: Str +2, Dex +6; HD Used 1/3

Round 6, Hunters Mark 6/10 Rds, Slayer's Prey

Carric focuses and fires at the alpha Gnoll.

LB Att: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
LB Dam: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + (5) + (5) = 23


Male HP: 33(Temp 7/7)/33, AC 17, Saves Str +0, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +0, Will +0, Cha +5. Bardic Inspiration 3/3 Day. 1st Level Spells 4/4. 2nd 3/3. Inspiration 1/1

"We just need to hold out, we've killed plenty of gnolls in the last few days. I'll keep these two tied up." Arthur pierces the thigh of a gnoll to drive home the point.

Rapier Vs Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Carric sends an arrow driving into the side of the packlord, and it howls in pain and anger, obviously wounded (although not yet bloodied!). Arthur stabs into his wounded opponent as he coolly talks his companions through the situation.

Revjak, Reynwyn, sic 'em!

GM's screen:

Gnolls:
9: -23 X
10: -22 X
11: X
12: X
13:
14:
15:
16:
17 Red: -14
18:
H1:
H2:
H3:
H4:
PL: 61 38
Piety: 30

1,601 to 1,650 of 1,779 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Splendors Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.