SR's - Silent Gods (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven


401 to 450 of 2,582 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Zarzanna gets a hard and set look on her sour face, "There's no need to be leaving, lest you're ready to go about your business. I've said all I will. The Bonesetter there don't talk about his visitors and neither do I." The implication is clear and hangs in the air... at some point a Strom had business with the hag.


Ezekiel Druiminn wrote:


His bed-side manners taking over at Lyrica's prodding of Zarzanna, as well as finding an excuse to leave the hut, Ezekiel makes a recommendation. "Perhaps the rest of us should wait outside and figure out our next step, unless someone else has any other questions for our hostess?"

Marcus nods, thinking the counsel wise. He chuckles as Jak struggles with his gear, picking up his own belongings before clapping Howell on the back.

We'll put some muscle on those bones yet!

Before leaving, he turns to their hostess (with the mostess):

I don't put much faith in magic or prophecies and the like, but you spoke plainly and true, so I thank you for that. I hope that we are the people in your legend, so we can set things right. And while you didn't ask for payment, honest counsel is worth gold. So if you ever have a tree needs felling, you send for me. Thank you again.

Marcus looks Zarzanna in the eyes, the good and bad, while extending his hand for a handshake.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Lyrica recognizes that the hag is obviously lying, but she does not know why and she still wants to be able to work with her. Thus, Lyrica continues to genuinely and persistently make an effort to make a connection with Zarzanna. She decides to approach the subject from another angle.

"Dear Zarzanna, I imagine you know just about everybody in the Dies Drear. Did you grow up here in the village? I imagine you have gained a great deal of wisdom over the years in watching the people of our town interact with each other. Do you think that children all grow up being just like their parents, or is this some other factor involved that makes them each unique? "


Jak stops and waits as Marcus thanks the old woman. Once finished, Jak dips his head as well, "Agreed. Thanks. And I get the feeling a woman as resourceful as yourself doesn't find herself in this situation often, but if you ever need anything from town or down-valley, please feel free to call on me."

Much as Jak really, really wants to watch the full exchange between Zarzanna and Lyrica, he follows Marcus out.


Marcus Braun wrote:

"I don't put much faith in magic or prophecies and the like, but you spoke plainly and true, so I thank you for that. I hope that we are the people in your legend, so we can set things right. And while you didn't ask for payment, honest counsel is worth gold. So if you ever have a tree needs felling, you send for me. Thank you again."

Marcus looks Zarzanna in the eyes, the good and bad, while extending his hand for a handshake.

The hag looks oddly at his offered hand, like it's something unfamiliar. Her glance shifts back and forth between his hand and face for a time, as if trying to divine if he'll retract the gesture at the last moment. She wipes her knobby, arthritic hand on her skirt to clean it and tentatively grasps his hand. For a withered crone, she has a decent grip. "For my part, I hope this ain't the time of the prophecy and you find nothin' more mysterious than bird-droppings at the Teeth. But if I'm wrong..." She retains his hand while twisting around to inspect her littered shelves. She paws through them one-handed, knocking down all sorts of odd bits onto the bench below. She comes up with her prize - three tiny waxed leather pouches strung off a single leather thong like a string of pearls. She smiles and puts them in Marcus' hands.

"If you come to trouble, smear these on any wound and it'll heal you right up. Or you can swallow'em, but they taste like sh!t. If you need more, I'll trade ya something for them. Can't expect an old lady to go around showing no profit, can ya? Heh heh heeeeeee."

(3) CLW potions @ 1d8+3 healing.
They can be carried separately or together... so divvy them out as you like.

Jak Howell wrote:
Jak stops and waits as Marcus thanks the old woman. Once finished, Jak dips his head as well, "Agreed. Thanks. And I get the feeling a woman as resourceful as yourself doesn't find herself in this situation often, but if you ever need anything from town or down-valley, please feel free to call on me."

The hag gives Jak a once-over look with her black eye... and smiles slightly. "Maybe there's more of your ma in you than I first reck'd, young Howell. Time will tell. You come back some time and we'll spin tales of your mother. I miss her company."


Jak simply nods, but his thoughts are as plain as the nose on his face. So do I.

As he and Marcus head towards the cave entrance, Jak can be overheard, "Seriously, though, I don't suppose you wanna help carry any of this stuff, do ya?"


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Lyrica watches Marcus and Jak depart and she begins to hope that nobody else leaves until she is ready.

Come on Jak and Marcus! You don't need to leave me alone with this hag! She already likes both of you. However, she seems to hold some ill will towards me. Dear Sarenrae knows why!"


Lyrica Strom wrote:
Lyrica recognizes that the hag is obviously lying, but she does not know why and she still wants to be able to work with her. Thus, Lyrica continues to genuinely and persistently make an effort to make a connection with Zarzanna. She decides to approach the subject from another angle.

Not sure if you are going for Lyrica's reaction or a statement of fact here but - in case it is the latter - Zarzanna isn't lying. She was answering your exact questions honestly and you detect no falsehood in her assertion that someone from your family was a client. Although, based on the initial Q&A, it clearly wasn't Delanor.

Lyrica Strom wrote:
"Dear Zarzanna, I imagine you know just about everybody in the Dies Drear. Did you grow up here in the village? I imagine you have gained a great deal of wisdom over the years in watching the people of our town interact with each other. Do you think that children all grow up being just like their parents, or is this some other factor involved that makes them each unique?"

As the men file out of the cave, the chamber takes on a different air - two strong women equally determined: one fair and young; the other ugly and ancient; one soft and pleasant; the other hard as bone and bitter.

Zarzanna watches the Paladin as if her every word might contain a dagger. "First I'm a lady, now I'm a dear." She chuckles, "I wonder if I'm moving into or out of your affections?" She picks up another stick from the bench, swirls it in the cauldron, and takes a taste. Her face scrunches to become even more prunish. "Fah! TERRIBLE... it's almost ready! What were you saying now, young Strom? Ah... the village. You are near on 20, eh? In that time, you've seen me little, eh? Do you fancy I was once a pretty Miss like you with a beau and prospects?" She shakes her head ruefully and sits on the bench, stroking Burlap with a dirty foot. "No, young Strom, I didn't grow to womanhood in Drear and I know scant few people there. And the less I know of 'em the more I like it. What I get from most is averted eyes when I don't get shunned. And when you Drear-folk are feelin' your oats, why I get little girls throwing mud at me and callin' names."

"Havin' none, I can't say about children and their parents. But I hear the apple don't fall far from the tree... and my experience has been that is oft so."


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Stormy:
This was your original statement:

Zarzarra isn't lying. But it's clear she is being very specific in what she says. You have the feeling that she isn't is leaving much deliberately unsaid.

You then said that the isn't should be an is. So I thought the statement was:

Zarzarra is lying. But it's clear she is being very specific in what she says. You have the feeling that she is leaving much deliberately unsaid.

However, now I realize that you probably meant this:

Zarzarra isn't lying. But it's clear she is being very specific in what she says. You have the feeling that she is leaving much deliberately unsaid.

Is that last one the one you meant?

"Zarzanna, I admit that my mother warned me about you. I admit that I have always been nervous around you, but I also admit that I really do not know you at all. Although I am young, I do know that it is very easy to be critical of another when you do not know them. I also know when you isolate yourself out here in the woods, people become suspicious and perhaps even frightened of you. When people live with fear, especially children, they can be unkind and do things to harm others both with unkind words, and even with the throwing of mud. It is this fear and ignorance that causes parents to become extra protective of their children. Certainly you must realize that nobody ever wants anything ill to happen to their children?! I just don't believe they realized what pain they were causing you."

Lyrica pauses for a moment as she gathers her thoughts. "Zarzanna, I feel as if I have offended you by simply being here. I am sorry if I got off on the wrong foot. I am also sorry if we have intruded upon your solitude. Truly, we are grateful for all that you have told us. I did not know of the prophecy and although I still question it, it does give me some insight into what is happening to my world!"

"The one question that I still have for you is about my mother. She is now lost to me, and I am desperately missing her. She has set an example and lived a life that I have aspired to all of my life. I just want to know if you have something to tell me about her. Did any of the Strom family come and see you over the years? Were they ever unkind to you?"


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

This woulda been better before the Zarzanna/Lyrica talk. Pesky work getting in the way of my posting! ;)

Aerik watches the other leave as he regards the crone.

"Thank you for your kindness. I share your preference for solitude and nature, but times are dark. Especially if the prophecy you speak is true. Should you want to come to town, we can make sure you have a place."

Plenty of space in the Drear now, unfortunately.

Aerik nods to Zarzanna and follows the others outside.


Rat Bastard

Lyrica:
The final version is what I meant. My correction was to the wrong "isn't is" bit of the sentence and I totally forgot the earlier "is". So:

Zarzarra isn't lying. But it's clear she is being very specific in what she says. You have the feeling that she is leaving much deliberately unsaid.


Lyrica Strom wrote:
"Zarzanna, I admit that my mother warned me about you. I admit that I have always been nervous around you, but I also admit that I really do not know you at all. Although I am young, I do know that it is very easy to be critical of another when you do not know them. I also know when you isolate yourself out here in the woods, people become suspicious and perhaps even frightened of you. When people live with fear, especially children, they can be unkind and do things to harm others both with unkind words, and even with the throwing of mud. It is this fear and ignorance that causes parents to become extra protective of their children. Certainly you must realize that nobody ever wants anything ill to happen to their children?! I just don't believe they realized what pain they were causing you."

Zarzanna raises a flinty eyebrow - both surprised and slightly pleased, it seems. "The truth will out, eh? Good. At least you show spine; you'll need it. And some of what you say rings true, as far as it goes. But let me give you an old woman's wisdom. Don't be laying all the blame on fear of the unknown. You think if I was pretty as you, they'd be slinging mud and hard words behind my back? Not on your life!" She cackles and does a passable imitation of the gossips in town "They'd be talking about the pretty, lonely sorceress what must have got her heart broke by a cruel man." She chortles again and returns to her raspy voice. "No, they fear this face, these hands, this life, this rat, and most of all this." She taps the cauldron with her stick. The hag looks to see if her words are sinking in before she continues. She leans conspiratorially toward Lyrica. The eyes - black and dead white - regarding the young woman candidly. She says quietly, "And they'd be right to fear what I can do if I put a mind to it."

The crone sits back, losing her sudden earnestness. "And some of them just plain hate. I've seen that all my days. They hate what's different, what don't fit into their small minds, and what don't bend to their ways. And they pass it along like mother's milk to their bairn." She pokes the fire for a moment, condensing her thoughts.

"Don't fret over what injustices they done and what pain they may have brung to my doorstep. What's done is done. You be lookin' towards what injustices they will do. Because if things get bad enough in Drear, someone, one of those good and kindly folks you think are the salt of the earth... They're gonna look to find a cause for this evil and they'll be lookin' to me first thing. Don't need to be an Oracle to see that. That's got the bloody stamp of history on it. And if those good folks come bringing death to my doorstep... that's what they'll get."

Lyrica Strom wrote:
Lyrica pauses for a moment as she gathers her thoughts. "Zarzanna, I feel as if I have offended you by simply being here. I am sorry if I got off on the wrong foot. I am also sorry if we have intruded upon your solitude. Truly, we are grateful for all that you have told us."

The hag grunts in amusement, "Girl, I'm not a housewife that's gonna shoo you nice from the door. If I wanted you gone... I'd a sent you packing."

Lyrica Strom wrote:
"The one question that I still have for you is about my mother. She is now lost to me, and I am desperately missing her. She has set an example and lived a life that I have aspired to all of my life. I just want to know if you have something to tell me about her. Did any of the Strom family come and see you over the years? Were they ever unkind to you?

The crone chews her words, "What I know of your ma is the hard looks she gave me and the words that others said she said. As for unkindnesses, I don't count'em. It'd take up too much of my day." She lets out a bubbling chuckle.

"As to the other matter... I've had a dealin' with one in your family. I ain't saying who, when, or what it was about. A confidence is a confidence. There are questions you don't want to know the answer to."


Tried to post earlier and the friggin' site was messing up on my computer again.

Zarzanna wrote:


The hag looks oddly at his offered hand, like it's something unfamiliar. Her glance shifts back and forth between his hand and face for a time, as if trying to divine if he'll retract the gesture at the last moment. She wipes her knobby, arthritic hand on her skirt to clean it and tentatively grasps his hand. For a withered crone, she has a decent grip. "For my part, I hope this ain't the time of the prophecy and you find nothin' more mysterious than bird-droppings at the Teeth. But if I'm wrong..." She retains his hand while twisting around to inspect her littered shelves. She paws through them one-handed, knocking down all sorts of odd bits onto the bench below. She comes up with her prize - three tiny waxed leather pouches strung off a single leather thong like a string of pearls. She smiles and puts them in Marcus' hands.

"If you come to trouble, smear these on any wound and it'll heal you right up. Or you can swallow'em, but they taste like sh!t. If you need more, I'll trade ya something for them. Can't expect an old lady to go around showing no profit, can ya? Heh heh heeeeeee."

(3) CLW potions @ 1d8+3 healing.
They can be carried separately or together... so divvy them out as you like.

Marcus grabs the pouches almost reverently, taking care not to damage them in any way.

A big sacrifice for someone out here all alone. Could be a matter of life and death...

We can't thank you enough for your help. If we find any more truth to this prophecy of yours, I'll let you know. Take care of yourself, Zarzanna.

A moment later...

Jak Howell wrote:


As he and Marcus head towards the cave entrance, Jak can be overheard, "Seriously, though, I don't suppose you wanna help carry any of this stuff, do ya?"

Marcus hands one pouch each to Ezekiel and Aerik, then nods as he takes Jak's pack, replacing it with the remaining batch of the witch's medicine.

Sure, bring it here. Do me a favor and give this pouch to Miss Strom when she gets out. Between you 'n me, she's more likely to need it when the blood moon returns, if you hear me.

Marcus adds Jak's excess gear to his own and, while his gait is measured and steady, the lumberjack has lost a bit of spring in his step. Medium encumbrance


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Zarzanna wrote:
"The truth will out, eh? Good. At least you show spine; you'll need it. And some of what you say rings true, as far as it goes. But let me give you an old woman's wisdom. Don't be laying all the blame on fear of the unknown. You think if I was pretty as you, they'd be slinging mud and hard words behind my back? Not on your life!"

"Sadly, I know you are right. It is only because they are insecure with themselves that they do not see your inner beauty radiate through. They see an appearance that frightens them and they cannot look beyond it and see who you really are. For this, I am truly sorry. I hope that some day we will all mature enough to see the error of our ways and be in a position to be able to make amends with you."

Zarzanna wrote:
"... They're gonna look to find a cause for this evil and they'll be lookin' to me first thing. Don't need to be an Oracle to see that. That's got the bloody stamp of history on it. And if those good folks come bringing death to my doorstep... that's what they'll get."

"If I am there when those discussions come, I promise that I will speak on your behalf and tell the people of Dies Drear of your kindness and all you have done to help us in our task. Tell me, Zarzanna, if you were invited to come back to the village to stay, would you accept such an offer?"

Zarzanna wrote:
"As to the other matter... I've had a dealin' with one in your family. I ain't saying who, when, or what it was about. A confidence is a confidence. There are questions you don't want to know the answer to."

Dear Sarenrae, I wonder if Allegra has had dealings with Zarzanna?! Mel would be too young. Papa would have no need, and I doubt it would be Mama. I wonder why Allegra would need to visit here?

"I understand. You are true to your word and you cannot break a confidence once it is given. I will speak no more of the matter."

Looking out towards the door where her friends have departed, Lyrica realizes that she is holding up the others. She then turns to face the hag and says a genuine goodbye. "Zarzanna, thank you for everything you have given to us today. You have shown us some insight into what we are facing in our future and you have given us some means to help heal us in times of trouble. I will not forget your kindness and I will look for ways to repay the kindness forward to others who are also in need. I bid you farewell, Zarzanna, and I look forward to our reunion, hopefully under happier circumstances. Until we meet again, Fare well!"

Lyrica then leaves the hovel and rejoins the others.


Aerik Wynn wrote:
"Thank you for your kindness. I share your preference for solitude and nature, but times are dark. Especially if the prophecy you speak is true. Should you want to come to town, we can make sure you have a place."

The crone nods, "Kindly offered... And if'n the days become black as pitch, I could say 'yes'. 'Til then, may the wilds guide your steps."


Lyrica Strom wrote:
"Sadly, I know you are right. It is only because they are insecure with themselves that they do not see your inner beauty radiate through. They see an appearance that frightens them and they cannot look beyond it and see who you really are. For this, I am truly sorry. I hope that some day we will all mature enough to see the error of our ways and be in a position to be able to make amends with you."

Zarzanna smiles at this, not unkindly. "Inner beauty? I'm a crone to the bone, child. But I thank you for the kind words."

Lyrica Strom wrote:
"Tell me, Zarzanna, if you were invited to come back to the village to stay, would you accept such an offer?"

The hag shakes her head. "I'm a creature of wood and wild, bog, thicket and bramble. Here is where I belong... But Burlap wouldn't mind bein' able to visit town with less doors shut to us. He's a bit of a chin-wag that rat is!" She chuckles and pokes the rat with her toe. Burlap harumphs at the old woman. Disconcertingly, he seems to understand exactly what she said.

Lyrica Strom wrote:
"Until we meet again, Fare well!"

"Go with the Gods, child... and keep a wary eye on the Blood Moon!"

Lyrica leaves the strange old woman and the even stranger surroundings of the cave and closes the door. She rejoins the gentlemen waiting outside.

OK, guys, you mentioned a possible quick return to Dies Drear before heading out to the Teeth. You'll be swinging past town to get to the Teeth in any event so that will present no problems. We can either handwaive that part - meaning you just have to let me know in an OOC post what you'd like to accomplish there - or we can RP it, if you want to interact with anyone specifically.

After that, it is off to the Teeth unless you've got another plan. In that event, I'd like to know your:
1. Marching Order (single file, two across, and open field configurations)
2. Schedule - Hike from 8AM to Dusk, make camp, set watches and go to sleep by 9PM, etc.
3. Fire Prep - Build a fire and each watchman tends it during their shift, no fire, etc.
3. Watch Order - I'll divvy up the hours evenly but I need to know who is on first, second, any overlap, etc.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Once Lyrica exits the hovel, she rejoins the group quietly and begins walking back toward Dies Drear. After a moment, when she is clearly out of earshot of the hag's residence, she turns to the others and remarks. "Were any of you at all concerned leaving me alone in there with Zarzanna? In the end I suppose it all worked out fine, but I had my concerns when you were all departing."

Later in the conversation before they reach the village she brings up another question.

"Also, how is it that you all mixed up a range of mountains called teeth to with a pair of mountains called teets?"


Lyrica Strom wrote:
"Were any of you at all concerned leaving me alone in there with Zarzanna? In the end I suppose it all worked out fine, but I had my concerns when you were all departing."

Ezekiel turns to Lyrica. "Well, imagine it like this. She wasn't likely to be saying anything in front of all of us, not unless she was feeling threatened. You seemd abit interested in what she was talking about, so thought it mighe be easier on you both if we went to wait outside. I admit, I started getting concerned myself for a moment there, particularly when that filthy animal decided to start moving alla bout, but otherwise seemed safe enough."

The bonesetter turns away as they walk. "Of course, I do suppose it might have made it easier for her to say no, what without a bunch of ruffians backing you up, including a crazy old man with a crossbow threatening her 'friend'."


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

"I admit, that animal was repulsive and yet she treated it like it was her beloved dog. I do believe she is greatly misunderstood, especially when she looks like a hag and lives in squalor. I am not surprised that people were mean to her. However, when I finally did get her to open up, I realize that she has had some difficult life experiences, and despite appearances, she is actually a very lonely person who deserves our compassion. We should really make an effort to return and visit her more often. Jak, I see why your mother spoke kindly about her."


Marcus wrote:

Sure, bring it here. Do me a favor and give this pouch to Miss Strom when she gets out. Between you 'n me, she's more likely to need it when the blood moon returns, if you hear me.

Marcus adds Jak's excess gear to his own and, while his gait is measured and steady, the lumberjack has lost a bit of spring in his step. Medium encumbrance

"HA!" Jak cuts his eyes over to Lyrica, "Might wanna keep that one to yourself. I heard she cut up some poor undead critter just for interrupting her dance. I can only imagine what she'd do if she heard you suggesting that Her Holiness actually bleeds."

Jak hands his over-burdened pack to the woodsman, immediately recognizing that the big man is going to be nearly as burdened by it as he himself is. With a sigh, he takes the pack back. "Never mind, Marcus. I appreciate the offer, but I'm really hoping you'll be able to put that big-ass axe you carry around between me and whatever uglies we run across on our little trek. Really don't wanna slow you down. If worse comes to worse, I can just shrug the thing off in a pinch." He grins mischievously, "Plus, Im sure I can get all kinds of pity if I'm the one doing the heavy lifting."

Let's leave the pack on Jak. I value Marcus's mobility more than Jak's if things get ugly, and then Jak can just drop what he needs to get his speed back up. Let's leave Jak as the person medium-encumbered. I'll review my equipment and see what I can shed, anyway. (I just didn't realize i had a medium load until we had left town… which is kind of too late.. eep)

He watches the conversation between Ezekiel and Lyrica. "'Zeke's right. She's a private woman who obviously takes the confidence of her patients seriously. She's not like to open up with a bunch of guys just hanging around. As to her being dangerous… I've never heard of her hurting someone or something unwarranted." He grins, "So don't piss her off. Also," his brow furrows in mock seriousness, "I thought you could hold your own."

His heavy pack makes his joking retreat a bit clumsy, but he retains his feet. Lyrica's comment on his mother goes un-answered.

I'm adding a comment about our plans in the discussion thread.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Jak wrote:
"'Zeke's right. She's a private woman who obviously takes the confidence of her patients seriously. She's not like to open up with a bunch of guys just hanging around. As to her being dangerous… I've never heard of her hurting someone or something unwarranted." He grins, "So don't piss her off. Also," his brow furrows in mock seriousness, "I thought you could hold your own."

"Well, Jak, I appreciate your vote of confidence in me, but why do you think I would offend her? If anyone is offended by me, then it is their own fault and they would likely argue with themselves even if they were all alone in a room with nobody to talk to! You see, Jak, I spend my free time finding ways to be a channel of blessing to those whom I meet and trying to make the world a better place!"


Lyrica wrote:
"Well, Jak, I appreciate your vote of confidence in me, but why do you think I would offend her?"

"Why would you ask me?," Jak shrugs without stopping, "You're the one insulting her."

Who says intentionally misunderstanding is a lost art? :D

Lyrica wrote:
"If anyone is offended by me, then it is their own fault and they would likely argue with themselves even if they were all alone in a room with nobody to talk to! You see, Jak, I spend my free time finding ways to be a channel of blessing to those whom I meet and trying to make the world a better place!"

Jak looks over at Marcus with a smirk, "Maybe now you should tell her that blood moon comment."


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Jak Howell wrote:
"Why would you ask me?," Jak shrugs without stopping, "You're the one insulting her."

"What do you mean? I'm the one insulting her?! I did nothing of the sort. My mother had some very strong concerns about her, but they were well founded. We just had some things to discuss, but I assure you, that I did not insult her. In the end, I think we actually came to an understanding."

Jak wrote:
""Maybe now you should tell her that blood moon comment."

"Ok, enough of this secret talk about blood moons and such! What are you trying to tell me? What does this have to do with being a channel of blessings and trying to make the world a better place?"


Rat Bastard

Feel free to continue the RP while 'on the road'.

The heroes' light banter continues as they leapfrog their way back across the bog and get on the game trail that meanders towards Dies Drear. As soon as they clear the lip of the far escarpment, the wind catches them and delivers its late winter chill. The wind rolls persistently from the East, hugging the mountains and driving cold before it. The wind is a shade above intolerable (34 degrees). It rifles through their clothes like a cutpurse, snatching what heat it can. Used to the vagaries of the mountains, everyone instinctively bundles up as they seek the relative shelter of the trees and march on.

Forty minutes later, a good hour before noontime, they cross the Upper Bridge and see the familiar little village. The unnatural quiet of the place strikes again. But here and there people are seen going about their tasks... nothing more untoward than last night's events has happened. It's just the silence of a town in shock and mourning.

A sleety, cold, wind-whipped rain starts to fall.

Day 1...

Weather:
Weather: 1d100 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 Spring
High Temp: 20 + 4d10 + 0 ⇒ 20 + (4, 3, 3, 4) + 0 = 34
Duration: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Wind Dir: 1d8 ⇒ 3 EAST
Wind Spd: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Mr. Grey:
Fog: 1d100 ⇒ 96%
Time: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Duration: 1d24 ⇒ 4
01-10 Clear
11-31 Thin - Visibility to 60', partial to 80', full cover beyond
32-53 Present - Visibility to 30', partial cover to 40', full cover beyond
54-74 Mr. Grey - Visibility to 10', partial cover to 20', full cover beyond
75-89 Dense - Visibility to 5', partial cover to 10', full cover beyond
90-00 Moor Fog - Full visibility above 3', No visibility below 3' off the ground

Encounter?:
Hand of Fate: 1d100 ⇒ 69
Danger Level: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Hour: 1d24 ⇒ 24
Watch L - HR 06-07
Watch A - HR 04-05
Watch M - HR 02-03
Watch E - HR 24-01
Watch J - HR 22-23
ALL UP - HR 08-21


Rat Bastard

OK, guys, I can wait for you to:
1. Finish your convo - which will take place on the trail AND/OR
2. You can specify who you want to say what to in town or get gear AND/OR
3. You can say "mush on" and I'll throw you up the mountains towards the Teeth, roll some encounters, and all that jazz.


Jak just grins his way through Lyrica's heated response, only responding to her last comment. "Channel of blessings… nice. My world would be a better place if we could channel a change of subject." His smile take the teeth out of the comment. And, as if on cue, the Drear comes into sight, and Jak lets out a soft sigh of relief. "After last night, it's good to see her in the shape we left her this morning."

Without slowing, Jak's demeanor becomes serious, "Let's check in with Old Guthwite. Pass on Zarzanna's warnings to him and the council. Probably should let them in on the prophecy, too. We might as well grab a bite as we…" Jak pauses in thought then looks over at Aerik and Marcus. "Actually, on second thought, might be helpful if we could bring in some additional food. Either now or when we return from up-mountain. You could take a spin at hunting or foraging while Lyrica, Zeke and I have a chat with the council. Or, if you think it's smarter, we can try to bring some food back with us when we're done with our little trek up the mountain." He waits to hear their thoughts before turning back to his walk into town.

With the town in the shape it is, adding some additional food to the stores might be useful if we can spare the time. I figure we can take an hour in town, deliver all the messages, (Jak will adjust his gear to a more appropriate weight), and – if you two think you have time – you can go for an hour of hunting to see if we can add some meat or forage to the town's diet.

Other than that, I say we push on to cover as much ground as we can before nightfall towards the Teeth. Thoughts?


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Jak wrote:
"Channel of blessings… nice. My world would be a better place if we could channel a change of subject."

Lyrica's serious tone turns into a smile as she watches Jak evade her question. "Jak Howell, how can I take you seriously if you avoid all of my questions?! Would you prefer I change the topic of conversation to? Do you prefer talking about the weather?"

Returning to town sounds good. Lyrica is happy to join Jack to talk with the Town Council. Lyrica would stop in and check on her dad and her sisters as well.


"Well," responds Jak, "the weather might be a nice break. Listen, it's no secret that you and I just don't see the world the same. All you seem to be interested in discussing is what a blessing you are to us all and how everyone should be worshipping your Dawn Flower." He shrugs, "I have no problem with her. Not my mug of ale, though, so you can imagine why I'd want to change the subject every time a conversation turns back to your flavor of god and how she shines through you onto all of us poor unenlightened schmucks. And I was kidding about you insulting Zarzanna. She seemed annoyed by your choice of a few key words, but I have no reason to think you actually insulted her." He looks at her seriously, "At least I don't believe you did so intentionally. It's fairly obvious when you intentionally insult people."

Jak flags down the first Drearian they approach, giving a confident smile. "Miss us? Wouldn't happen to know where ole Merl is, do you? Or maybe my da?"

So we spend an hour in town. The hunters can hunt. The other three of us can detail our trip to Zarzana's, including the prophecy, her views of the prophecy, and her warnings about the moon signs, with a suggestion that the moon signs be taken seriously until they're proven to be nonsense. I'll go ahead and adjust Jak's gear, and then – other than a stop to chat with Red (which doesn't need to be rp'd unless she has something specific to tell us) – Jak's ready to hit the trail. :)


Rat Bastard

That all sounds fine to me. I'm willing to waive the conversations and say they happened since the townsfolk will be listening and not really contributing to the conversation.
The hunting expedition will require a Survival roll for each of the hunters. In any event, I'll fast forward you along the trail when I can. Work is ridiculous currently.


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Jak wrote:
"Well," responds Jak, "the weather might be a nice break. Listen, it's no secret that you and I just don't see the world the same. All you seem to be interested in discussing is what a blessing you are to us all and how everyone should be worshipping your Dawn Flower." He shrugs, "I have no problem with her. Not my mug of ale, though, so you can imagine why I'd want to change the subject every time a conversation turns back to your flavor of god and how she shines through you onto all of us poor unenlightened schmucks.

"Jak, you would absolutely love the Dawnflower! She is the greatest deity you could ever know! She teaches temperance and patience in all things. Compassion and peace are her greatest virtues, and if enemies of the faith can be redeemed, she believes that they should be. Yet if there are those who have no interest in redemption, such as the remorseless undead or those evil fiends who glorify slaughter and death, then Sarenrae's fire will burn within you giving you the strength to deliver swift justice by the scimitar's edge. The more faith you exercise in her, the greater you can develop your skill at both sword play and at centering your body and mind. You should really try to reach out to her. You will see that she is ever present. That's why we call her the Everlight!"

"Another reason that you might like her is that Sarenrae manifests as a bronze angelic beauty, with golden hair composed of flowing flame. From one hand emits a holy light which trickles down like liquid luminescence, whereas the other holds a scimitar emblazoned with radiant fire. Her holy light provides healing and sustenance, while the scimitar creates gusts of winds that remove disease and fear."

"So even if you are unenlightened, Jak, she would not hold that against you. That's why I am so patient with you. I know Sarenrae would want me to be. She already sees the good in you. Now, I'm just trying to find it as well. Even though, I can't see it as clearly as she can, you don't need to worry, I'll be patient as I keep looking!"

Jak wrote:
"At least I don't believe you did so intentionally. It's fairly obvious when you intentionally insult people."

"Well, I don't ever mean to insult people. I know that we all make mistakes. I just hope that we can all learn from them and grow to be better people!"

--------------------
Once back in the village, Lyrica returns to her home to check on Allegra, Melodica, and their father.

"How is he doing Melodica? Has he shown any sign of waking up yet?"

When she has a chance, she casually mentions her visit to Zarzanna and tries to gauge her sister's reactions to the comment and try to sense if either of them have had any contact with her before.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Just wanted to say I've been following along, works just been crazy this week, moreso than expected. I should be back to my usual posting habits shortly. I'll help hunt/ forage. Survival:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Lyrica wrote:
"Jak, you would absolutely love the Dawnflower! She is…"

Jak turns immediately turns and walks off, ignoring Lyrica completely as he looks for Guthwite.

Geez… well-played, HW.


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)
Jak Howell wrote:
Lyrica wrote:
"Jak, you would absolutely love the Dawnflower! She is…"

Jak turns immediately turns and walks off, ignoring Lyrica completely as he looks for Guthwite.

Geez… well-played, HW.

Lol. She is certainly persistant. :)


Aerik & Marcus wrote:
Survival Rolls

The only positive thing about the strange events in the forest last night is that they thoroughly upset the patterns of the surviving game animals - driving them closer to the village. Aerik and Marcus struggle back into town a mere hour later carrying a buck and a brace of coneys. Nice total there Aerik.

Elsewhere in the village...

Quote:

"How is he doing Melodica? Has he shown any sign of waking up yet?"

When she has a chance, she casually mentions her visit to Zarzanna and tries to gauge her sister's reactions to the comment and try to sense if either of them have had any contact with her before.

Sense Motive: 8

Allegra watches her father gravely, "His breathing is better but he's shown no signs of waking yet." She pays scant attention to the mention of the hag.

Dropping the crone's name gets Melodica's attention. She whispers, "Is she as warty and pock-ridden as they say? Is she a Gnoll? I heard she was and that she has two uteruses? Is that true!?"

Bluff vs DC:8:
Omitted to prevent metagaming from scamps! :p


Still elsewhere...

Jak and Ezekiel give a full accounting to the town council, most of whom seem more than a little surprised at the helpfulness of the hag. They take the warnings seriously and begin making plans for additional defenses based on the image shown on the Blood Moon.

While Lyrica hovers near her father, Jak and Ezekiel step out of the Assembly Hall and run into Ritti. It appears she has co-opted some of the town's gear set aside for (and left by) the heroes. She sports almost a full suit of pieced together leather armor (somewhat oversized) and has her dagger strapped to her hip. She gives the men what she imagines is a professional soldierly nod, proud of her fierce military bearing.

Despite the vaguely comic tinge of her look, Red's eyes continuously dart around, looking for real trouble while she fantasizes about being an armor-clad hero.

Ritti the Red... Defender of the Drear!

Ready to push on, kids?


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)
Allegra wrote:
""His breathing is better but he's shown no signs of waking yet."

"Well, thanks for keeping an eye on her, Sis! I am going to join some of the men and make my way to Angarak's Teeth. I think I will be able to help them. Could you kindly stay and look after Papa? I will help as much as I can when I return."

Melodica wrote:
""Is she as warty and pock-ridden as they say? Is she a Gnoll? I heard she was and that she has two uteruses? Is that true!?"

"Sadly Mel, her appearance is not very pretty, and I think she has had a difficult life as a result. People have been very unkind to her and she needs our compassion. Once you get to know her, you realize that she is not evil like you would think. Have any of your friends said anything about her?"

Lyrica is ready to push on when you are ready, Stormy. I am just chatting away.


Marcus trudges onward, muscles aching from the deer hoisted across his shoulders. As he enters the limits of the town, he speaks up, with some effort, looking at the druid in admiration.

I never seen anything like that before. Me, I can hunt and trap as well as the next, but you were on that buck before he knew what hit him. I didn't know a man could get that close to a deer before spookin' him. You might have to teach me that some day, when we're not off fightin' all manner of vampires and the living dead.

He takes the game to Merl, or whomever would be able to butcher a deer (is there a butcher in town? )


Rat Bastard

No butcher in town but most everyone would know how to dress game.


Lyrica Strom wrote:
"Sadly Mel, her appearance is not very pretty, and I think she has had a difficult life as a result. People have been very unkind to her and she needs our compassion. Once you get to know her, you realize that she is not evil like you would think. Have any of your friends said anything about her?"

Melodica deflates, losing interest. "Awww, it would have been a better story if she was all wart-covered. The girls are always talking about this lady or that. Sure they talk about her. Why wouldn't they? She is the strangest person around."


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)
Marcus Braun wrote:

Marcus trudges onward, muscles aching from the deer hoisted across his shoulders. As he enters the limits of the town, he speaks up, with some effort, looking at the druid in admiration.

I never seen anything like that before. Me, I can hunt and trap as well as the next, but you were on that buck before he knew what hit him. I didn't know a man could get that close to a deer before spookin' him. You might have to teach me that some day, when we're not off fightin' all manner of vampires and the living dead.

He takes the game to Merl, or whomever would be able to butcher a deer (is there a butcher in town? )

Aerik shrugs humbly with the compliment.

"When you live in the forest as long as I have, it becomes as much a part of you as you become of it. Far as that deer were concerned, I didn't smell no different than a tree. You spend time with lots of humans and the smell sticks to you. Smells like death to a deer."

Ready to move on


Rat Bastard

The sun reaches a weak zenith through hazy, high cirrus clouds that smudge the sky as if they are a distant part of the pyre smoke still rising from the sacrificed homes. Their business completed and preparations made, our heroes bundle themselves well against the anticipated wind and mount the bluff yet again. This time they trudge South West into the deep woods pock-marked with broken scree that lead toward Angarak's Teeth.

An hour past noon sees them crossing Lyrica's glade. Nothing remains of the large skeletal beast she fought, but a charred circle in the earth and withered grass are a reminder of her encounter with divinity. Lyrica hesitates for a moment but the others press on - the biting wind at their backs, the pressing needs of the Dear, and the awful mystery driving them.

They hike through the stillness for hours, the trees steadily growing darker and more twisted as they proceed - slim evidence that they are heading in the 'right' direction. Finding a safe campsite in this increasingly benighted woods is no easy task. Eventually, as evening falls in full, our heroes settle in a stony depression well clear of the menacing trees that have plucked at their hair and faces with bony branches all afternoon. They a small but cheery fire and gather around it, enjoying a modest dinner of rations and a pair of inattentive rabbits they caught in the afternoon.

Night falls and the Moon rises, wearing a bloody hand-print slapped across her face. She sits over-large in the sky and the reddish tinge to her light gives little comfort. With little else to do, the party settles in for the night as Jak takes first watch. Even before the others drift off to sleep Mr. Grey arrives, an uninvited guest. He comes as a thick ground fog that slides between the trees and blankets everything to the height of a man's waist in impenetrable grey mist. He pours like blood into the rocky bowl of their campsite. Soon, those lying on the ground can't see the hands before their faces and only a faint glow, some welcome heat, and the odd crackle of a log are all that announce the presence of their fire. Jak stands up and stares into night - seemingly hip-deep in a river of murky fog, among a dark forest of brooding, trees, beneath a bloody moon.

There are ripples and currents in the fog, almost as if a shark were swimming below the surface. But no dangers seem to threaten, though Jak hears or imagines he hears distant, chittering, unpleasant laughter. The hours roll by without disturbance. Jak is replaced by Ezekiel who, in turn, wakes Marcus. Marcus' yawns seem to almost chase the thick fog from the mountainside... for it flows downhill. Like departing flood waters, it lowers measurably until only an inch of it blankets the ground and that quickly fades.

The hours pass and dawn comes to the mountain - grey and cold.

Blood Moon:
Blood Moon: 1d3 ⇒ 1
1=Hand (Undead)
2=Wolf (Shapechangers)
3=Horns (Outsiders)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Lyrica takes some time in the morning to sit in quiet meditation and to look within to find the inspiring presence of the Dawnflower.

As camp starts to awaken, she greets everyone with a cheerful welcome. "Good morning!" She exclaims. "May the light help us today in our press onward to the teeth!"


Rat Bastard

Day 2

After a light breakfast, the party sets out again through the skeletal woods. The wind turns and comes from the Northwest, biting into their exposed cheeks. The day passes without incident as they steadily scale the mountains Southwest of Dies Drear. The further they go, the more corruption they see. By mid-day no tree, stunted or untouched, bears leaves. the hint of spring buds, or needles. Even the evergreens are stripped bare - their needles shed in humping piles at their bases and turned a rotted brown. Animal bodies litter the forest, rotted and decayed despite the near freezing temperatures.

Hiking to a point just below the last vestiges of the tree-line, with an impressive view of the valleys below, our heroes set camp for the second night. They settle down amongst a set of tumbled granite boulders, providing some shelter from the wind and cover from prying eyes. Dinner is again meager fare as the Moon rises with a horned head bloodying her.

She quickly vanishes as Mr. Grey arrives. This night he comes as our heroes unroll their bedding. He is a single eddying, high wall of mist that turns everything to a silhouette and makes it impossible to distinguish friend or foe beyond 10'. His unwanted presence even dampens the sounds of the night. All that can be heard, aside from their own heartbeats, is the slow drip drip of the condensing mist falling from the finger-tips of the trees.

It is a long night for the watch as Mr. Grey - like many an unwanted guest - overstays his welcome. He is present through the long night and into breakfast. His grey lightens but still wins the war against the feeble spring sunlight as our heroes break camp.

Day 3

Even as they hike, pushed along by the rough and shifting wind which now blows non-stop at their backs, the Old Man accompanies them. Thankfully, despite the wind, the weather warms pleasantly. Somewhere in the hidden valleys below, it must be a fine spring day. But our heroes are scaling the heights, mired in fog whipped by an unrelenting wind. Only as the sun reaches the heights of the sky does Mr. Grey finally slink away leaving the world exposed.

The party looks about, now able to navigate by more than the Ranger's and Druid's keen senses of direction - which have not led the party astray. They are well above the tree-line, on the alpine heights. Looking down across the valleys of central Mylhaven, all seems right - green forests and meandering rivers are everywhere. On high, hawks and carrion birds soar. But near at hand, the world is wrong. What few plants remain are stunted and black. Even the granite and loose scree bears a dark hue and seems almost melted. Jagged edges stick out like icicles. There is a bitter taste on the wind blown up from the telltale and inexplicable dust from the blackened granite. It sickens our heroes to imagine what this foulness may be doing in their lungs.

Scanning the hillsides, Marcus points to one bright patch... a large hump of earth and rock that bears a healthy green blanket of the alpine lichens and ground-covers that thrive at this height. The bright verdant sward is punctuated by a roughly circular ring of standing stones - some seeming natural enough while others have columns supporting lintels which must be man-made.

Welcome to Angarak's Teeth

MAP: Angarak's Teeth

So, what's the approach?

Day 2...

Weather/Grey/Encounters:
Weather: 1d100 + 0 ⇒ (34) + 0 = 34 Spring
High Temp: 20 + 4d10 + 0 ⇒ 20 + (4, 4, 9, 3) + 0 = 40
Duration: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Wind Dir: 1d8 ⇒ 8 NW
Wind Spd: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Fog: 1d100 ⇒ 55%
Time: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Duration: 1d24 ⇒ 16
01-10 Clear
11-31 Thin - Visibility to 60', partial to 80', full cover beyond
32-53 Present - Visibility to 30', partial cover to 40', full cover beyond
54-74 Mr. Grey - Visibility to 10', partial cover to 20', full cover beyond
75-89 Dense - Visibility to 5', partial cover to 10', full cover beyond
90-00 Moor Fog - Full visibility above 3', No visibility below 3' off the ground

Hand of Fate: 1d100 ⇒ 55
Danger Level: 1d5 ⇒ 3
Hour: 1d24 ⇒ 20
Watch L - HR 06-07
Watch A - HR 04-05
Watch M - HR 02-03
Watch E - HR 24-01
Watch J - HR 22-23
ALL UP - HR 08-21

Blood Moon: 1d3 ⇒ 3
1=Hand (Undead)
2=Wolf (Shapechangers)
3=Horns (Outsiders)

Day 3...

Weather/Grey/Encounters/Lost:
Weather: 1d100 + 0 ⇒ (87) + 0 = 87 Spring
High Temp: 20 + 4d10 + 0 + 10 ⇒ 20 + (3, 4, 8, 3) + 0 + 10 = 48 Weather Bonus
Duration: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Wind Dir: 1d8 ⇒ 3 EAST
Wind Spd: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Fog: 1d100 ⇒ 59%
Time: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Duration: 1d24 ⇒ 4
01-10 Clear
11-31 Thin - Visibility to 60', partial to 80', full cover beyond
32-53 Present - Visibility to 30', partial cover to 40', full cover beyond
54-74 Mr. Grey - Visibility to 10', partial cover to 20', full cover beyond
75-89 Dense - Visibility to 5', partial cover to 10', full cover beyond
90-00 Moor Fog - Full visibility above 3', No visibility below 3' off the ground

Hand of Fate: 1d100 ⇒ 58
Danger Level: 1d5 ⇒ 5
Hour: 1d24 ⇒ 9
Watch L - HR 06-07
Watch A - HR 04-05
Watch M - HR 02-03
Watch E - HR 24-01
Watch J - HR 22-23
ALL UP - HR 08-21

Blood Moon: 1d3 ⇒ 3
1=Hand (Undead)
2=Wolf (Shapechangers)
3=Horns (Outsiders)

Survival DC: 18 (Base:15 +3 for fog)
A 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
M 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 compass


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

it seems pretty clear that you assumed this due to everyones health being full on the map, but just in case i wanted to throw out there that anytime during traveling that we are resting and aerik still has a CLW prepared, he will obviously "top off" anyone who is hurt. ;)


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Aerik looks at the unnatural countenance of the 'teeth' with a frown.

His speech is almost a whisper:

"This place.... We should be careful. I'd like nothing more than to obliterate whatever is causing this blight, only...Mayhap some of us should take a look around before we go rushing in."

The hermit has seen Marcus stalk prey in the forest, like a moving shadow. And Jak's ability to get into (and out of) trouble without being caught, is almost legendary to Drearians. His gaze meets each of their eyes.

"I'll go. And maybe one other? We don't want to give anyone or any...thing, warning of our approach."


Awesome description--really good job setting the mood of the story. I'll be able to get some posts up soon, but I'm in desperate need of a haircut right now, haha.


Just a quick note--earlier Marcus would have probably verbally fumbled around at Jak's comment re: Lyrica and the Blood Moon and would have given her the pouch, so Ezekiel, Aerik, and Lyrica should all have one. I also would have obviously checked in on my family and sheepishly asked if Eluon and Sara needed any heavy lifting done or anything before setting out.

Marcus nods wordlessly, stowing his shield and dropping his backpack before slinging the huge crossbow off his shoulder. He sets it down and draws the pull with one hand almost lazily, neck and shoulder muscles twitching, loading the crossbow. He beckons Aerik with a hand gesture and starts quietly approaching the stones, looking around for signs of danger.

Stealth, AC penalty included. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Perception, +2 additional added to this roll if this counts as a "natural setting", +1 additional to find traps 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Aerik nods, following Marcus' lead, stowing his shield and drawing his sling. He loads a stone into it, his eyes scanning the horizon for danger as he stalks forward.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Is it daytime? It sounds like it is based on the writeup. If not, I'll cast light on my sling before we go.


What? You think Jak is gonna sit this one out?

Jak unslings his bow, giving the Teeth an appraising look. "Good thing this is called the Teeth... cause those would be some jacked up teats." He looks around with a shrug, "Just sayin'."

As the two woodsmen stalk forward, Jak can't help but shadow them. When they look askance at him, he looks at them then back at Lyrica and Ezekiel. "What? I'll come half-way with you and be the support or relay in case something happens. Besides... I gotta get a closer look."

As he sneaks forward, he whispers a few words, scanning the surrounding area for arcane traces as he watches for anything else of note.

Cast and maintain Detect Magic.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

401 to 450 of 2,582 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Silent Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.