SR's - Silent Gods (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven


601 to 650 of 2,582 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Rat Bastard

Lyrica Only:
These are zombies with DR 5/slashing, decent HPs and low AC.

Is that your action for the round?


Please at least 5' step directly north?


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Round 1 , Continued

"Marcus, I am right behind you ready to support you. I believe these undead are zombies. Slashing weapons are most preferred, my friend!"

Lyrica takes a 5 foot step north to N8 and then readies an attack. She patiently waits for the opportunity to race past Marcus and stab the zombie (nearest available) with her blade as soon as the opportunity avails itself.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Rat Bastard

Lyrica steps into a snug spot in the rocks and prepares to strike any zombie that makes the mistake of stepping into range.

Marcus... you are UP.


The stench of the creature assailing his nose, Marcus swings ole' Merl's axe into the face of the attacking horror, before stepping back from its clutches.

Attack with Beula 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

He grimaces in pain and levels his shield in the direction of the fleshy.


Sorry, then 5ft back to O8.


Jak channels all the fear, pain, and rage of the last few days into three words, which he practically spits into the darkness before the group. "Put. Them. Down." Every word flows into the minds and muscles of his friends, spurring them on.

He steps forward, stowing his bow.

:: Round 1 ::
STANDARD: Inspire Courage +1
MOVE: sheath bow
FREE: 5' step to N.7

status:
HP 10/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous & Inspire)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

should i take my turn or wait for the "round recap"?


Rat Bastard

Marcus' blow slices into the flesh of the creature, shearing away half of its face as he backs away from it. But even this horrific wound doesn't stop the foul creature. Even as the Ranger falls back, the Scoundrel steps up and rallies his comrades to make short work of these vile foes.

Round: 2

ORDER: Aerik, Ez, Zombies, Lyrica, Marcus, Jak

MAP: Barrow Battle

A's HPs: 14|14
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 10|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 9|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1 ATT/DAM ; +1 v Charm/Fear - Rnd 1 of 7

You don't have to wait for me to announce your turn before you post, if you've got the positions in your head and you're fairly sure no monster is going to drop dead on you. I do try to give an updated map at the beginning of every round just so things are clear.


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Hearing Lyrica's warning, Aerik suddenly comprehends his attack's lack of effectiveness. He drops his sling, shaking his head.

Quick turn for me. I'll drop my sling as a free action and draw my shield and sickle as 2 move actions


Rat Bastard

Don't fret, there will be plenty of baddies for you to kill. :)

Hopefully, Ez will have a chance to post later, then we can push on with the horrendous butchery.


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Throw a bomb! Throw a bomb! :)


Round 1

Ezekiel brings out one of the carefully measured liquids he had prepared, cautiously taking aim as he flings the vial forward. "Find rest you unnatural creations!"

Throw Bomb at O10 against Touch AC.

Dice:

Throw+PBS-Cover: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 7
BOOM!+PBS: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Scatter (Since I may need it): 1d8 ⇒ 4
If I missed Touch, anything adjacent to where it lands takes 6 fire damage, DC14 Reflex for half. A miss would hit N11.

TRACKING:
HP: 10
1st Level Infusions 1+1/day: xx
Bombs 5/day: xxxx
Mutagen (Strength): x


An alchemical explosion flares in the dark barrow. Green fire races across the closest zombies, charring their decaying flesh.

The first creature staggers forward through the flames, grasping for the Ranger. Lyrica's blade neatly takes the beast's head off as it rounds the corner. The body topples over sideways and squelches onto to the tunnel floor, instantly corrupting.

Undistracted by the flames, the last zombie lunges forward to strike at the Paladin while its flame-scourged brother shuffles in behind it. The zombie's punch slams into the rock near Lyrica's head. The bones snapping in the creature's hand make a gut-churning, twig-snapping sound.

Round: 2

ORDER: Aerik, Ez, Zombies, Lyrica, Marcus, Jak

MAP: Barrow Battle

A's HPs: 14|14
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 10|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 9|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1 ATT/DAM ; +1 v Charm/Fear - Rnd 1 of 7

BOOM:
Zombie - Reflex Save vs DC:14 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6 FULL DAM
Zombie 1 - Reflex Save vs DC:14 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 FULL DAM

SLAM v AC:15 (FF) (20/2x)
HIT: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 - 4 = 9 charge, cover
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Hey SR, should I be up? Lyrica had a ready action, which should move her init to when she struck. Then the zombies, then me. Is this right?


Rat Bastard

Doh! Right you are! That's what I get for posting while drunk.


No worries, PWD isn't even a misdemeanor in most states ;-)


Unless it's Facebook, and then you'd rather pay a fine.


Despite his wounds, Marcus stands his ground, unwilling to let the living dead overrun him to get to his friends. He swings Guthwite's axe defensively, trying to keep the corpse at bay to buy the others some time.

Standard: Attack with Beula, IC, fighting defensively 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 5

Damage, IC (whoops, moot now since that dude is dead, but forgot the +1 whetstone damage from my last hit) 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

Status: AC 19

It's never good when your damage exceeds your attack roll, hehe


"Zeke, I'm suddenly glad no one told you never to play with fire."

As the brilliant light quickly dies down, Jak squats, his hand going to the loop of braided leather on his hip. He waits for the right moment to strike.

With a quick flip of his wrist, the whip uncoils between his companions' legs like a snake through trees, ending by wrapping itself around an undead leg. Jak smiles in the dark as he stands, leaning into a backward step to lend some power to his yank in an attempt to bring it to the floor.

:: Round 2 ::
Lingering Performance: rd 1 of 2
MOVE: Draw whip
STANDARD: Trip O.9.

Rolls:
Rolls modified by: Inspire Courage +1, Cover
.
Trip 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 20

status:
HP 10/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous & Inspire)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1 (Lingering Performance 1 of 2)


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

Does Lyrica's readied attack count as round 1, or did that become round 2? If you need an attack from her,it does not look good, but here it is.

Round 2

Lyrica takes her scimitar blade and stabs at the remaining zombie, but badly misses.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

I cannot remember if Stormy uses critical fumbles, but here is a roll if needed.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)
Lyrica Strom wrote:

Does Lyrica's readied attack count as round 1, or did that become round 2? If you need an attack from her,it does not look good, but here it is.

Round 2

Lyrica takes her scimitar blade and stabs at the remaining zombie, but badly misses.

[dice=Scimitar] 1d20+5+1
[dice=Damage] 1d6+3 +1

I cannot remember if Stormy uses critical fumbles, but here is a roll if needed.

1d20+5

IIRC, her ready action moves her place in the initiative to right before the baddies. So after Jak, it should be Aerik then Zeke then Lyrica. ;)


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Speaking of Aerik's action, he will just delay. If Marcus or Lyrica drops, I'll be ready to jump in.


Which should bring us to Zeke, Lyrica, then the zombies, right?


Rat Bastard

Sorry for the delay of game, guys. Work is... work.

Marcus slides on the dripping gore of the downed zombie. Beula goes wide as the ranger brings her around to strike, missing the zombie.

Jak weaves an impressive whip strike between the Paladin and Ranger. The whip coils around and into the rotting calf of the zombie and with a deft pull, Jak upends the monster.

The Zombie is prone. This effects both further ranged and melee combat.

From the back rank, Aerik delays, preparing to step forward as needed.

Round: 3

ORDER: Ez, Lyrica (will use last set of rolls), Zombies, Aerik (on delay), Marcus, Jak

MAP: Barrow Battle

[ooc]A's HPs: 14|14
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 10|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 9|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1 ATT/DAM ; +1 v Charm/Fear - Rnd 1 of 7

ANSWERS:
1. I don't use critical fumbles... fumbling is bad enough on its own. :)
2. Lyrica, I'll be using your last set of rolls for your next attack.
3. Readied attacks 'slide' to just before the triggering event. That's a little weird in a case like this - the attack requires the zombie to move into range which puts the attacks in the middle of the monster's action. Nevertheless, yeah, Lyrica's actions occur just before the Zombies and I've updated the order.


Round 3

Even down, Ezekiel attempts to end these creatures. Retrieving another mixture, he throws it at the farther of them.

Bomb to O10.

Dice:

Bomb: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 15
Boom!: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Scatter if needed: 1d8 ⇒ 5

TRACKING:

HP: 10
1st Level Infusions 1+1/day: xx
Bombs 5/day: xxx
Mutagen (Strength): x


Rat Bastard

Ezekiel's elixir explodes across the head of the stumbling horror, searing it down to the bone. Whatever evil animates the foul creature, it somehow manages to keep the creature in one piece, though its necrotic flesh slowly drips off it.

The stink of the burning corpse turns Lyrica's stomach, she dry heaves in the midst of striking at the crawling zombie. Her blow raises sparks from the stone floor...

Round: 3

ORDER: Ez, Lyrica, Zombies, Aerik (on delay), Marcus, Jak

Next up... ZOMBIES!


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

I will be away at a conference all day. So I thought I would post to not hold you folks up.

Round 4

Lyrica continues attacking the closest zombie.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7


Thanks, Lyrica. That's thoughtful of you.

The downed zombie scrabbles at the ranger's legs, attempting to drag him down. Marcus sidesteps the blow and gives the creature a kick to the head for its trouble.

Next UP... Aerik (unless delaying more), Marcus, Jak

BOOM:
SLAM v AC:19 (20/2x)
HIT: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 12 prone
DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Aerik will continue to delay until either a friend or a foe drops. If a friend drops, I'll try to get in and heal. If a foe drops, I'll try to get in and attack the next one if there is room. :)


Rat Bastard

Sounds good... MARCUS, your turn to bring the funk and bring the noise.


Marcus feels his blood rising as the creatures press the attack, but he remains as calm as he can, giving in to caution instead of recklessness. He swings the axe again with purpose, more to keep the corpse at bay than to split its head.

Standard: Attack prone dude, fight defensively, IC 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 8

Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13

Status: AC 19


Rat Bastard

Aerik waits patiently to fight or heal as needed.

Meanwhile, Marcus hacks at the crawling dead at his feet but its unholy hide turns his blows aside.

Next UP... Jak.


Jak snaps the whip a second time, this time targeting the creature's eyes.

:: Round 3 ::
Lingering Performance: Round 2 of 2
STANDARD: Dirty Trick (Blind) against the prone undead

Rolls:
Modified by: Inspire +1, Cover
.
Dirty Trick (Blind: 1 round) 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 10

status:
[b]HP 10/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous & Inspire)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1 (Lingering Performance 2 of 2)


Not sure why that second spoiler isn't working... try this.

status:
HP 10/10
AC 17 T13 FF14
CMD 16 FF 13
Fort +2 Reflex +5 Will +3
---> +3 vs. Fear (Courageous & Inspire)

Horror Points: 1

Conditions/Effects: Inspire Courage +1 (Lingering Performance 2 of 2)


Rat Bastard

With a deft flick of his wrist, Jak's whip slashes across the eyes of the crawling zombie.

Round: 4

ORDER: Ez, Lyrica, Zombies, Aerik (on delay), Marcus, Jak

MAP: Barrow Battle

A's HPs: 14|14
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 10|10
L's HPs: 15|15
M's HPs: 9|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1 ATT/DAM ; +1 v Charm/Fear

Bad Guys
Z1 - prone and blind for 1 rnd


Round 4

Wishing to preserve his bombs, Ezekiel waits, watching for other foes deeper in.

Brief post, sorry.


Rat Bastard

No problem. Thanks for posting!

Ez keeps a careful watch on the darkness as Lyric hacks decisively into the crawling horror. Her blow shears away an arm, but the creature keeps coming.

Next up... ZOMBIES


Missing an arm, the zombie almost seems frustrated at its inability to crush our heroes. It slowly rises to its feet...

AoOs, please from Lyrica and Marcus. Hmm... not sure if you can AoO with a whip from range but Jak why don't you give me a roll too. If the Zombie survives standing up, I'll roll his attack.


Unfortunately, a whip wielder doesn't threaten without the Whip Mastery feat... sadly not on Jak's character sheet.


(hp 38/38, AC 17, T 11, FF 11, Initiative +1, Perception +5, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +10)

AoO

When given the chance, Lyrica takes advantage of the opportunity and strikes at the fallen zombie!

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

"Kazaar! By the light of the Dawnflower, you will perish!"


AoO, fight defensively 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 9

Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11


Hey, a 9 might hit a blind, prone undead. :D


Isn't there a rule that if your damage roll exceeds your attack roll 3 times in a row, it's an auto-crit hit? Pretty sure I saw that in the SRD ;-).


Indeed it might, Jak. :) So no auto-critical for Marcus.

The blinded beast, eyes weeping blood, staggers to its feet and is hewed nearly in two by a descending slash from Lyrica's scimitar. The power of the necromantic energy binding the zombie is so strong however that it weathers the devastating blow... and staggers fully upright. But Beula, silent till now, speaks. Under Marcus' powerful swing she slams into what remains of the ribcage of the damned thing, pulverizing every solid bone it had left. The foul creature explodes from the force of the blow, spraying across the walls of the barrow.

Seriously, smacking a zombie to -10 is just obscene. :D Nice work.

Perhaps it is coincidence but as the echo of Lyrica's voice dies, calling on divine Sarenrae, the Barrow breathes...
An exhalation of clammy and foul air rushes up the corridor and out the entrance accompanied by a baleful howl, probably from the wind blowing through cracks in the rocks. Probably. The lights, magic though they are, dim in the gale for a moment. When they return to their normal arcane brightness, the final zombie steps forward and raises a ham-sized fist mounted on the remains of a thigh-sized arm. The one good eye left in the half-slagged head glares crimson. Then it strikes.

Lyrica watches the sizable fist swing in a right-hand, roundhouse punch. Somewhat protected by the wall of rock, she expects to hear the creature's bones snap as it breaks its meaty fist against the unyielding stone. And bones do break... as does stone. The zombie drives its mattock-like fist into and through the stone wall. Jagged shards of rock spray across our heroes as the zombie's fist hammers into Lyrica's ribs, piledriving her into the wall behind. The Paladin's ribs creak and flex under the blow and a half dozen scales on her armor are left bent.

Round: 4

ORDER: Ez, Lyrica, Zombies, Aerik (on delay), Marcus, Jak

MAP: Barrow Battle

A's HPs: 14|14
E's HPs: 10|10
J's HPs: 10|10
L's HPs: 5|15
M's HPs: 9|14

Effects:
Good Guys
Inspire Courage - +1 ATT/DAM ; +1 v Charm/Fear

Bad Guys
none

BOOM:

SLAM v AC:17 (20/2x)
HIT: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20 cover <-- Crit?
CONFIRM: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14 No
DAM: 6 + 4 = 10


(hp 11/35, AC 18, T 13, FF 15, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

no one dropped, so im still delaying :)

ill heal lyrica after the battle though. cmon guys! finish this last chump!


Rat Bastard

These guys are clearly slackers, Aerik. ;)


Lyrica's grievous injury spurs Marcus to action--he abandons his cautious tactics and swings at the zombie as though he were trying to fell a stout tree.

Beula, IC 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19

Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12


Rat Bastard

The zombie has time to turn its half-gone face towards Marcus before Beula cleaves through it - sending separate chunks spinning down the dark corridor of stone. All the dead have been laid to rest.

Combat OVER

Feel free to RP and let me know your plans.


In the sudden stillness of the barrow, all Jak can hear is his own breathing and that of his friends. He waits a few heartbeats before clapping Marcus on the back, "Damn…" His hand moves to Lyrica's shoulder, "you two are helpful to have around."

He mutters a few more words, strange to Lyrica's ears. Cure Light Wounds on Lyrica 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4. While her pain does fade completely, the ragged edge of it is blunted, and she doesn't feel blood flow from her scrapes.

"So… this is the White Barrow, huh?" he says in a voice filled with mock bravado, "I guess I expected worse."

601 to 650 of 2,582 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Silent Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.