[SFS_Aerondor] 01-07 The Solar Sortie (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map

init:

[dice=LA6439F ]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Haan ]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Xochitl ]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Mnamae-6]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Mobius ]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Goose]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=baddy]]1d20+1[/dice]

Chronicles


201 to 217 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dataphiles

Male NG human scholar mechanic 5 | SP 35/35 HP 34/34| RP 6/6 | EAC 20; KAC 21; CMD 29 | Fort +5; Ref +11; Will +2 | Init: +11 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"I can't predict their flight pattern. But keep shooting at them. One of them looks worn out. Focus on that one."

Mobius attempts to move the Pegasus within firing range while evading the shots from the enemy fleet.

Pilot Initiative, R5: 1d10 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 = 18

Stunt, Evade DC 14: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 = 18

Dataphiles

Female LN Android Bounty Hunter Technomancer 3 | SP 18/18 HP 19/19 | RP 3/4 | KAC 16 EAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Ella flips back to her targeting sensors, locking onto the blue ship's engines. "Try to disable it."

Computer: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Haan Ace Pilot Soldier 1 / Solarion 1 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc:+4 , SM +0 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: N/A

"Okay Haan you got this", the big guy mutters to himself as he swivels his chair for a better firing angle and sends some more firepower Blue's way.

Turret Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 3 + 1 = 7
Turret Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 1) = 4

Dataphiles

Male NG android scholar (life sciences) mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: -2 | Speed 30 | Active conditions: Nil.

Sorry for being MIA. Bad day at work.
Wow, Haan. That's the longest sequence of 1s I've seen in pbp.
Separately, I might have missed something but did anyone take the free flyby attack at this post?

"The shields are weakening," Mnamae-6 intones rather obviously. He shifts his controls to the engineering systems, diverting power to restore some of the shields.

engineering, divert power to shields vs DC13: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Put 5 to starboard to bring to full, then remaining 2 to front.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host LN Shirren Xenoseeker 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 3/4 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5*; Ref +2*; Will +4: +2 vs radiation | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +1: Blindsense | Speed 30ft; 20ft Climb | 1/1 Reroll; 1/1 Entangling; 0/1 Acid Breath | (Active Conditions) Unflankable; DR 2/-; 3/3 Graviton.

'Ours or theres?' inquires the shirren as the lights begin to flicker. 'Haan, you've got the right idea, but I don't think your hearts in it. If it helps, picture the other pilots naked!'

FIRE PHASERS!:

Blammo? (Attacking Blue): 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 22
Holes in the ship?: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Wayfinders

Ysoki Ghost Operative 8, CG, Scholar Theme | sp 54/54| hp 50/50 | rp 10/10 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | F/R/W +6/+12/+7 |DR 6 Kinetic; Resist 5 - Cold & Fire |Move 50’ (Land & Fly) | Init +9 | Perc +15 / +16 visual

Goose watches the events unfold, hoping for the best. Seeing the tremendous luck of the enemy vessels and the continued bad luck of ours, he elects to try something new. His tiny fingers dart back and forth as he coaxes the controls to do his bidding.

Science Officer action - Target Systems - Weapons:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

"Alright gunners, hit 'em hard and they'll feel the next punch for sure!"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Looks like you moved already Mobius, thanks!

Haa's bad luck continues as the turret misfires, but Xochitl manages to land a solid strike to the blue vessel.
You both used lock on to different parts of the fighter. And because two of you did it, I'll be generous and let you crit on a natural 18 this time only.
The blue fighters engines start to pack in from the damage it has been taking. While whatever the crew is doing to try and free up the missile launcher seems to have backfired.
add crit: 1d100 ⇒ 35
init round 6: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20

The two fighters spin around, unable to bring their front weapons easily to point at the Pegasus, so use their aft lasers again.
attack: 2d20 ⇒ (6, 20) = 26
hit: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
A massive strike from the yellow ships laser rocks the Pegasus, but luckily with its shields kept in good condition nothing worse than sparks happen.

Status - Round 5. baddie initiative for round 6 is 20.
Blue - front shields down, rear shields down; 18 damage; ; mico missile manfulctioning. Glitching engines.
Yellow -
Pegasus - front shields down 1. port shields down 7. 3 damage;

Still to act: front, Turret and Starboard guns have targets.
Mobius (pilot) (stunt and initiative for R6)
Goose (???)
LA6439F (engineering)
Haan (gunnery)
Xochitl (gunnery)
Mnamae-6 (engineering)

Dataphiles

Female LN Android Bounty Hunter Technomancer 3 | SP 18/18 HP 19/19 | RP 3/4 | KAC 16 EAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Ella tries to divert power to the shields. Unfortunately, a control node reboots as she is attempting the command and it locks her out of the relays temporarily.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Haan Ace Pilot Soldier 1 / Solarion 1 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +4 | Init: +7 | Perc:+4 , SM +0 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: N/A

Haan switches out of common into Haan and lets out a plethora of creative and unique descriptions for the turret he is operating and the blue fighter. Taking a big breath he starts mashing the firing trigger in the direction of that darn blue villian.

Turret Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 3 + 1 = 10
Turret Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 4) = 14

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG android scholar (life sciences) mechanic 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: -2 | Speed 30 | Active conditions: Nil.

LA64397F, I believe that is a success. The DC for divert is 10+1.5xtier, so that is 13. In case you are referring to the older DCs, the revised ones can be found here.

Looks like blue is at forward and yellow is at port, so those arcs can fire. Mnamae-6 will jump to forward guns. He won't take the computer bonus though to not confuse the regular gunners.

Seeing the opening, Mnamae-6 swiftly calculates the optimal strategy, and almost immediately, shifts his controls to the forward guns, blasting the laser cannons at the ship in front.

forward light laser cannon vs blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 dmg: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Dataphiles

Female LN Android Bounty Hunter Technomancer 3 | SP 18/18 HP 19/19 | RP 3/4 | KAC 16 EAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

You're right. I got DC 14 in my head somehow.

Just as she thinks she's locked out of the node permanently, the node reactivates and Ella is able to power up the shields.

+7 to port shields

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host LN Shirren Xenoseeker 4 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 | RP 3/4 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5*; Ref +2*; Will +4: +2 vs radiation | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +1: Blindsense | Speed 30ft; 20ft Climb | 1/1 Reroll; 1/1 Entangling; 0/1 Acid Breath | (Active Conditions) Unflankable; DR 2/-; 3/3 Graviton.

Feeling pretty good with itself, Xochitl cries out telepathically 'Haan you need to relax! THIS IS FUN! He He He. Here, I'll shoot without looking!'

Closing it's eyes, the shirren reaches out and slaps the firing mechanism. The laser rockets out from the ship....traveling far far away from it's intended target.

Mechanics:

Die Blue!: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9
Damage?: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The blue fighter trails glowing melted metal through space as yet another laser strike hits it head on.. This time it looks like their life support unit got a hit.
crit?: 1d100 ⇒ 10

Just need init for the Pegasus

Status - Round 5. baddie initiative for round 6 is 20.
Blue - front shields down, rear shields down; 18 damage; ; mico missile manfulctioning. Glitching engines. Glitching life support
Yellow -
Pegasus - front shields down 1. 3 damage;

Still to act: front, Turret and Starboard guns have targets.
Mobius (pilot) (stunt and initiative for R6)
Goose (???)

Acted
LA6439F (engineering)
Haan (gunnery)
Xochitl (gunnery)
Mnamae-6 (engineering)

Wayfinders

Ysoki Ghost Operative 8, CG, Scholar Theme | sp 54/54| hp 50/50 | rp 10/10 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | F/R/W +6/+12/+7 |DR 6 Kinetic; Resist 5 - Cold & Fire |Move 50’ (Land & Fly) | Init +9 | Perc +15 / +16 visual

Open to suggestions...

Dataphiles

Female LN Android Bounty Hunter Technomancer 3 | SP 18/18 HP 19/19 | RP 3/4 | KAC 16 EAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: -2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Fire the starboard gun at yellow?

Wayfinders

Ysoki Ghost Operative 8, CG, Scholar Theme | sp 54/54| hp 50/50 | rp 10/10 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | F/R/W +6/+12/+7 |DR 6 Kinetic; Resist 5 - Cold & Fire |Move 50’ (Land & Fly) | Init +9 | Perc +15 / +16 visual

3 shots were fired. M-6 fired it. Hann and XT fired the other 2.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Trailing flames the badly damaged fighter breaks off the battle and heads back to Brilliance. It's companion fires a quick barrage of micromissiles, showing you what you can expect if you dare to return. Or at least wanting to put on a good show for their boss. They then also break off combat, escorting the badly damaged fighter back.

With no immediate threat the Pegasus engages its drift engine! You are in the drift for just a few days before reemerging at Absalom station where Historia-7 eagerly awaits you.

The android almost looks happy to see you, and has a team of data operatives on hand to work on the decoding issue.

Over the next few days you each receive an invitation from Envar to attend his 24th birthday party. It will be an all-inclusive trip to a pleasure yacht in high orbit over Verces. Please join me for an encore performance of our glorious victory!

A day or so later you get an in person update from Historia-7

The mission is a success, and you are to be commended. All of you deserve some time to rest before your likely return to a more typical Society assignment.” Historia-7 speaks, momentarily pausing after making her declaration. The android’s eyes stare off past her data visor, as though she were contemplating some additional information. “Interesting… This data you’ve uncovered is… very… interesting. For now, I’ll ask you to depart. I need to summon Zigvigix of the Exo-Guardians. It appears one of his recent offers now aligns with what this data may require us to do. How… unfortunate.

Well done everyone. I'll try to get your chronicles out today or tomorrow. You are now free for other games. Thanks for playing!

201 to 217 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS_Aerondor] 01-07 The Solar Sortie All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.