Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–01: The Glass River Rescue

Game Master Matthais777

Glass River maps and such.


101 to 150 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Whooooooo! Called it close there bub!

The inn is quiet, homey, and bustles with the activity of three old spinsters who seem to be in charge. One of them stops and looks out one of the small windows seeming to stare directly at Daedin before shaking her head, convinced it was "Just the wind", and returning to her work. He also spots from a decent vantage point a young, broad shouldered man who seems to be spending most of his time attending the stable. Other than that, there do not seem to be any visitors at the inn for the moment.

There are three entrances that Daedin can find. The welcoming gate to the south, the side door to the common house to the west, and a small back gate to the north. The back gate is barred from the inside as best Daedin can tell. All the windows are of the small kind to let light in, but not particularly good for entrance, and even then they are only on the walls to the common building where the westerly door is. The east wall is back by the stables and has no windows in, and the north and south do not contain them either. A couple of other windows suggest bedrooms along the westerly wall, but not much else, and certainly no captive dwarves piled up anywhere. The whole survey takes about half a hour for Daedin to safely circuit the inn while remaining hidden. He soon returns to his companions a little more grimy looking than when he left from his crawling and slinking.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn goes back the way he came, climbing up to the deck and sitting with his back against the rail for a moment, catching his breath...

"Somebody got a towel?" He quickly cleans himself up and dries off, then puts his clothes/gear back on...

Eying Atronia, he says "It appears to be just an inn...three old ladies running it and a brawny young lad caring for the stables. No sign of any Razmiri enforcers nor any patrols...and no sign of the missing dwarves. Odd though, doesn't appear to have any visitors at all either..."

He relays the rest of the info as well (i.e., entrances, exits, etc).


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Coetis speaks up after finishing listening​ to Daedîn.

"Still, we shouldn't let our guard down."

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

"Too right, Coetis. I doubt we can be too careful around here."

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 23 20 TO 18 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

This is good information, but intriguing. It's almost as if it spells trap, but maybe we're just being paranoid. - says the brawler, shaking his head - Anyway, I agree - we keep our wills and attention. Should we try to completely skip this place? I feel like we'd be leaving something behind if we did, so probably not a good idea.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +0 | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Atronia looks at Gyrand and nods. "Just because it looks inconspicuous doesn't mean it's to be ignored. They might be good at hiding things. Do you still want to go through with the plan?"

Atronia takes some rope out of her bag. She gives an uneasily look to Daedîn and Rilmor, then looks at the whole group.

"I'm still not sure that we should tie up Gwermet. We don't need to look like Razmiran worshippers. Greedy adventurers looking for a profit or bounty should suffice."

Made a slight change to my post, considering Gyrand's reply. I hope that's ok.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

"I don't think we should by-pass this place...my gut tells me the dwarves are there...that there are no visitors there tends to make me think this has got to be the place. Also, I have an eery feeling that one of the old ladies almost saw me...and I don't think her intent would've been for my benefit if she had...

As for the plan, whatever you decide is fine by me...I would suggest we 'tie up' Gwermett as well though. As neither I nor Rilmor can lie well, Gwermett might give us one who can aid in bluffing from the prisoner's side as well...but primarily, if the Razmiri trust at all, they'll believe humans before other kinds. And you don't have to say you're Razmiri worshippers, you could still pose as bounty hunters..."

Daedîn makes rope ties on himself, Rilmor, and, if the group decides, on Gwermett...he also slips a dagger in each of his boots, just in case things go south...

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 for tying the ropes

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 for concealing daggers

"These are slip-knots...to appearances it'll seem that our hands are well-bound...if you need to get out quickly, just pull on the small end of rope that you can conceal within your palm. I have two daggers concealed, one in each boot, just for your informarion...

If there are no Razmiri enforcers there when we arrive, and I saw none, they may just have you hold us somewhere while they alert the authorities...that might give us time to search for the dwarves..."

Nodding towards Atronia, Daedîn says "Have my bow/arrows close by...are we ready?"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

Rilmor looks down at the knots tying his hands. He looks perfectly serene as he looks to the rest of the party, "Let us go in then. I think our best plan is to pretend to be tired from our travels, go to bed soon, and then explore further after everyone is asleep."


Assuming PCs walk through the welcome gate.

The profusion of flowers planted around this lovely courtyard fills the air with an enchanting fragrance. An oaken door to the north is the obvious entrance to the inn, while south are the broad doors of a stable. Wooden gates allow egress to west and east, and a roofed well lies at the east end of the main court. As the team enters, the young man that Daedin saw earlier comes out. He looks at them all and gives them a huge smile, and waves them to follow him. He makes some odd noises and waves again, urging them to follow.

He guides the team through the door of the main building and into a common room. Dark oaken tables, chairs and benches fill this comfortable, L-shaped common room, and the faint odors of tobacco and
ale permeate the air. Narrow windows with panes of smoked glass along the north and south walls allow some light into this welcoming space. Inside, a old matronly woman clad in peasant clothing and an apron sits at the centermost table of this room. Her voluminous white hair is piled atop her head and secured in a conservative bun. She wears a red scarf about her neck and a wry smile on her face. The young man steps forward and makes some slight guttural sounds and waves towards the pathfinders.

Sense motive DC 10+:
The boy probably suffers from some form of mental disability. His speech and mannerism indicate that it's probably rather sever, but not enough to keep him from earning his keep or understanding, if not very well.

Sense Motive DC 20+:
The boy is genuinely friendly and happy to see the team. However, that may not mean much, as the boy may be to simple to understand anything to complex. Still, at least his friendliness and welcoming manner is not faked.

Sense Motive DC 25+:
The old lady is definitely hiding something and suspicious of the team. More than that is hard to read. If anything, the fact that she is this hard to read is suspicious in itself to you.

The old matron turns to them and smiles.

Thank you Rosh, you get back to your chores now, I'll see to our guests. Welcome to the Gray Revelation Inn. My name is Addas Grymble. My sisters Eugine and Tarsi and I run this in for weary travelers like yourselves... or at least, I hope you are weary travelers, who might be willing to spend a small bit of coin for a comfortable bed and a fresh, home cooked meal?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Daedîn acts the prisoner and says nothing...unfortunately, he also senses nothing...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +0 | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Sense motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11
Atronia smiles to the boy, then bows her head at Addas and smiles again. "Of course, Mrs Grymble. We are indeed weary travellers and your hospitality is most welcome. Before that, though, we need to take care of a little problem. We caught these three causing trouble out in the city and we were hoping you could point us to the proper authorities or to someplace quiet where we could... question them."

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Can we give the other players some time to pitch in and aid my bluff, please?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +0 | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Yikes. That didn't go as planned.

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 23 20 TO 18 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7 As clueless as they come
Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 I don't assist...

Despite his silence, Gyrand tries to look convincing, behind Atronia - and fails miserably at such attempt, not helping much with her already pathetic attempt. At least that's a group you know that can't lie!

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

Rilmor walks in, attempting his best to look desolate.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

And if applicable

Aid Another (Bluff, looking like a prisoner): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Everyone is assisting in the ruse, so I'd allow aid another from everyone unless someone wants to try to interrupt and tell a better lie... but only one or the other. Aid another will help the highest bluff, assuming the bluffer can provide in story reason why they should listen to them, not Atronia.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

"If you're not gonna question us or arrest us, give us a friggin' place to rest for Erastil's sake...even prisoners have to sleep..."

Aid Another (Bluff): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

Our story is in trouble if I have the highest bluff roll ;)

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

Rilmor stands about as still as he can. He thinks to himself, "Well, it's all up to Gwerrmet to sell the story now."

Need a real good straight Bluff roll now...


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Coetis walks in behind Atronia, then speaks up after her, to help support her claim.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Speaking of Gwerrmet, did we tie him or not?

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
"That boy seems like a bit of a thicky", Gwerrmet thinks.

Gwerrmet also keeps his eyes and ears open for any sort of trouble
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

I couldn't log on last night, but the Paizo sight was being uncooperative.
We can assume that Gwerrmet is tied up like the other 'prisoners'.

Gwerrmet won't actually talk during the exchange of pleasantries.
But will try to look like a glum prisoner to some bounty hunters.
bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Total roll, 6 from Atronia, with 4 aid another's, and I'll add a +2 for having prepared "Prisoners".

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Cloooose.

The old woman smiles and nods.

Oh good! It's nice to know that there are still those who would protect and serve the populace, praise be to Razmir. We have a bedroom with a solid lock you can use to hold them overnight, and tomorrow we can send a runner for a priest of Razmir to question them.

She stands and calls out, her voice loud and shrill.

SISTERS!We have company!

Soon, two other nearly identical old ladies come out of the kitchen, the only difference being that one of them wears a yellow scarf instead of red. One sister carries a plate filled with sweets and pastries, the other a rather large pot of stew.

I'm Eugina...

Says the other one with the yellow scarf.

and I'm Tarsi. Says the one with a red scarf. We are always happy to have strapping adventurers here! Especially ones who are so honorable!

She walks up and pinches Atronia's cheek.

So thin though!

The other two nod in agreement.

You must simply have some stew...

Addas interrupts.

First of course, your coin for the night? 2 gold each for you fine adventurers, and since we'll put the ruffians in the same room, only 2 for the lot of them. Food included!

She holds out her hand, expectantly waiting for the payment as the other two sisters bustle about, setting out stew, water, and the pastries for the adventurers, though they serve notably less stew for the "Prisoners" and give them derisive sniffs and "Tuts" and a murmur of "Crime doesn't pay poor child, Razmir have mercy".


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Coetis gives her two gold.

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

Gwerrmet says nothing, but keeps up the pretence of being a surly prisoner.

bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn shakes his head no to the offer of food. "I'll have none of your stew...getting caught was punishment enough..."

He says this not only just to mimic what a prisoner might say...moreso, it's becasue he doesn't trust these people...and, more to the point, doesn't trust what might be in their food either...

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 23 20 TO 18 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Gyrand kept the act as his companions, but couldn't help but try to pay attention to their surroundings. These sisters were quite strange, yet he didn't raise any immediate concerns or noticed anything special.


I don't trust these three. Absolutely don't. But since we don't get a Sense Motive about them and Atronia isn't exactly perceptive...
Atronia flinched when the woman gripped her cheek. "I appreciate your hospitality, but please don't treat me like a child."

She hands Addas four gold. "This should suffice for the prisoners and I."

She sits down at the table and waits for stew.


JackieLane wrote:
I don't trust these three. Absolutely don't. But since we don't get a Sense Motive about them and Atronia isn't exactly perceptive...

Sorry, but it's actually the same sense motive as the original meeting, the other two sisters haven't said or done anything to give cause for a new sense motive check. Infer from that what you will. If you want to use sense motive to gain a "Hunch" you can, but that's your prerogative.

Eugina, the yellow scarfed sister, leans over and pours Atronia and her comrades each a bowl of stew, and also provides pastries to the adventurers. No sweets for ruffians. She also provides cups of clean water for everyone to enjoy.

After everyone eats, or sullenly refuses to eat as a prisoner, Eugina leads the team to a back room. This cozy room is dominated by a large fireplace. A few tables and upholstered chairs provide repose for guests of the inn, and assorted rugs of Qadiran manufacture cover the floor. Eugina hands each "Adventurer" team member a key, and then Atronia a second one for the "Prisoners".

Alrighty dears, these will be your rooms for the night. If you need anything at all, feel free to give a call, but me and my sisters will be bedded down by sundown, so feel free to get your own water from the well if you need it... Tarsi gets grumpy if she is woken up. Is their any questions you have before you turn in for the night?

The old lady smiles sweetly and waits patiently for the team to let her know if they no longer need her.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +0 | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

I figured it was something like that. That's why, while I as a player am completely freaked out, Atronia isn't so worried. Here's a question for you before I try casting a spell and going into the room. What are the walls made of?


Atronia wrote:
I figured it was something like that. That's why, while I as a player am completely freaked out, Atronia isn't so worried. Here's a question for you before I try casting a spell and going into the room. What are the walls made of?

The walls are made of a stout solid wood.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Trying to keep up the appearance of a defiant prisoner, Daedîn smirks and says, "I have one...do you have a place where I can wash off the stink of Razmiran? I wouldn't want to sully your linen..."

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

After everyone from the Inn has packed it in, Gwerrmet will search the room he and the other 'prisoners' are in.
Just on the off chance there are any hidden doors or hidey-holes:
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

As the "prisoners" are put in their own room and the searches being completed, Rilmor will quietly whisper individually to each party member over time, "I agree that everyone in this inn is suspect. We need to find a way to covertly scout around the premises again."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +0 | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

"Thank you, Mrs Grymble. I believe we have everything we need for tonight. We will see you at breakfast."

Once she has dismissed the old woman, Atronia makes a show of following the "prisoners" into their room to check that everything is secured.

If the woman does leave, she casts Message on Daedîn just before going into her own room and inviting in Gyrand and Coetis so they can have a private talk. She whispers so that all three of them can hear: "Daedîn, we can whisper things to each other from far away for a few minutes. We will have to relay anything the others tell us. I think we should wait a little while before we start searching this place, but where and how should we start? Does anyone have any idea where the prisoners might be?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Once in the room with the door locked, Daedîn pulls the slipknot on the rope and puts it away. Upon hearing Atronia, he whispers back...

"Agree...we should wait to search until the ladies have gone to bed. And my apologies, after a bit of a rocky start, your plan appears to have gone off better than I expected...

There's no second level to the inn...so I'm guessing we're looking for a basement...I don't think they'd put us in a room with a secret entrance, so I'd guess we need to search some of the common rooms...kitchen, bathroom, perhaps the stables...or worst case, in the old ladies' bedroom...

I'd say 'bout an hour or so after sundown start our search...make sure the coast is clear and come to our room...and don't forget my bow, I feel naked without it..."

@GM: Looking at the map now...which rooms are we in?


I've adjusted the map real quick. We'll use it from here to determine positions. We'll time skip to night fall.

In a few hours, night falls, and the sounds of movement in the kitchen quiet as the old women go to bed. The Inn is still... not a creature is stirring, except perhaps, some adventurers?

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 23 20 TO 18 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Like Atronia... Player has a hunch, character shouldn't so... :)

Gyrand doesn't shoot his eyes. Instead, he accompanies Atronia, when she calls for him and Coetis. As the hours advance towards the set time, he prepares to meet with the others to investigate the place.

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

When all seems quiet, at night and in the 'cell', Gwerrmet will cast a spell:
« მსუბუქი » . . "light", in draconic

"It will make it easier if we can see."
"Any ideas as to where to make a hidey hole around here?"
"Under the stables, perhaps?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +0 | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

Atronia discreetly opens the door to her room and peeks outside.

Here are some rolls just in case they're needed.

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

If she sees nothing, she then goes in the corridor, knocks softly on each of the doors and unlocks the room shared by Gwerrmet, Daedîn and Rilmor.

Hope that's ok. If something would have interrupted me, just say so and we can pretend I stopped my sentence earlier.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn smiles in appreciation to Atronia for retrieving his bow and nods in agreement with Gwerrmet, whispering...

"I think you may be right 'bout the stables...and it may be the safest place to search with the ladies here in the Inn. But we'll have to keep an eye out for the stable boy...I know not where he sleeps...Atronia can you cast message again so we can quietly communicate?"

If the party agrees, Daedîn will quietly exit the Inn and will lead his companions to the stables...keeping an eye out for anything suspicious and stealthily moving across the grounds to begin searching the stables...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

Gwerrmet dismisses his light spell to avoid attracting attention.

He then follows along with the rest.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

@ GM_Starson:
Gwerrmet will leave his backpack in the 'cell'.
Partly because because it slows him down to 20.
But mostly because his stealth would plummet to -2.
But he'll keep his meagre collection of weapons (light mace, dart, dagger).

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

Rilmor follows the rest of the party. I assume we're all going, otherwise, Rilmor will wait in the inn with whoever stays behind.

Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Skald 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 15 | hp 11/11 | F +4 R +1 W +0 | Spd 20' | Init +1 | Kn (Arc, Dun, Eng, Geo, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +2, Kn (His, Loc) +6, Perc -2, SensM -2 | Raging song 13/14 | Spells lvl1 2/2 |

"Sadly, Daedîn, I can only use this magic on a single person at a time, and it doesn't last very long, but if you wish to go ahead of us of if we must split the group at some point, I could."

Atronia follows the group to the stables.


male Human 1. Id Ranger/Urban Bloodrager AC 16 (t 14) (ff 12) | F+2, R+4, W+3 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | Init +6, Acro+ 8, Diplo+ 6, Perc+9, Ride+8, SM+3, | speed 40 ft | HP 11/11

Coetis follows the party as well, looking around as he does.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Dark Archive

Male Human Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 23 20 TO 18 15 FF 15 | F +4 R +6 W +0 | CMD 18 | Init +6 | Perc +4 DV10 LLV

Gyrand goes along, investigating as they move.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Feel free to move your tokens where you are headed. I'll stop you if you cross a location where something happens. So long as you make a effort to be quiet, the Old ladies will not leave their rooms.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Once at the stables, Daedîn will keep an eye out for the stable boy. If he's not around, he'll start searching the stables, main area first and then the stalls one by one...while he's primarily searching for a secret/trap door, he'll first look for any obvious tracks that might lead him to it...he'll also keep his eyes open for anything suspicious, enemies, traps, and such...

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


An expansive smithy is set up in the west end of the stable, one corner of it occupied by a small cot and a neat pile of clothing. To the east stretch a number of stalls for horses and other animals. The youth from earlier is nowhere to be seen. Most of the horses are asleep but undisturbed by the stealthy sniper. However, one horse in the far back right stable is obviously awake and obviously irritated. It's an unbroken mare that snorts, whinnies, and stamps its hooves restlessly.

GM Rolls:
I know what for: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

status:
AC 11 (t 11) (ff 10) | F+1, R+1, W+4 | CMB +0 CMD 11 | Init +2, Per +3, SM +3 | speed 30 ft | Cold Ray (1d6, 6/day) | HP 10/10
Male half-elf:
Racial Traits: +2 to CHA, Dual Minded (+2 WILL), Elf Blood, Elven Immunities, Low Light Vision, Multitalented, and Wary (+1 to both Bluff and SM),
Sorcerer (Crossblooded): Draconic (White) and Primal (Water) bloodlines, level 1

Gwerrmet follows Daedîn into the stables.
As quietly as he's able

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Once inside, he'll quietly whisper a spell
« հայտնաբերել կախարդական » . . "detect magic", in aquan
… and tries to see if anything magical is in the stables

Grand Lodge

Male Elf NG Sniper (Rogue) / 1st | HP:10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:12 | CMB:1 CMD:16 | Saves F:+3 R:+7 W:+1 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +7

Daedîn, wondering why only one horse is making a commotion, quietly goes to the back and to look at the horse...

"Anyone good with animals?"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Cleric 2 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | HP 15/15 | F +4 R +1 W +7 | Init +1

I moved us all into the stables. Please move yourself back if that wasn't the right thing to do.

101 to 150 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Glass River Rescue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.