[PFS] GM kuey's Race for the Runecarved Key (#4-00), Tier 1-2 (Special) (Inactive)

Game Master kuey

maps and handouts

chronicle sheets


551 to 600 of 696 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

M CG Nagaji Cleric 3/Fighter 1
Bot Me!:
[dice=Power Attack]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+9[/dice]
| HP: 33/33 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | +2 vs Mind-Effects&Poison | Spells: 2nd: 3/3 1st: 4/4 Channels: 3/3

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Lumo runs forward at full speed, head down. He looks up briefly and a large smile spreads across his face. "Hey! Guys! I got him! He's right ther... " Then he trips in a pothole and lands on his face. His heavy armor makes a loud clatter as he crashes to the floor.

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

William continues hacking away at the debris, but they prove tougher than he expected. Perhaps dishearteningly, Tellerin simply hops onto the top of the broken furniture, which has proven rather stable, balancing well as he races on top and leaps down on the opposite side. Back outside the cathedral, his summoning done, Nigel tries to discern a path through the crowd but the towering humans block any view he might get. Lumo disregards the porthole to his detriment. It turns out much trickier than he had though, tripping over and falling flat.

Nigel, I'm going to add the smite evil damage.
The summoned eagle dives in for its attack. The assassin dodges the talons but not the vicious beak. She retaliates stabbing at the eagle, but is badly distracted enough by its attacks that her shortsword fails to connect.

GM roll:
mw shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

William, Jacinth, due to the two rounds of failed checks, have auto-moved you up one square for round 4, hence you're not bolded.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 4: Status: Nil
~~~
red assassin (-5, Card 5)
Tellerin (8/15; Card 3)
William (10/15; Card 3; auto-moved)
Uther (9/10; Card 2)
Lumo (8/20; Card 4)
Jacinth (7/11; Card 2; auto-moved)
Nigel (17/21; Card 1)

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions:

I am not sure what smite evil damage to add?

Nigel, proud of his eagle for actually sticking around this long tries to continue to follow the flow of the city.

sense motive: 1d20 + 0 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 0 - 2 = 15
-2 from movement speed

Well guys, I may be stuck at the back of the pack, but hopefully I have given the damage dealers some room to catch up.


Hp 7/7 AC 14 Fort +5 Reflex +4 Will +2 Perception +10 Fly +8 talon +3 (1d4+2) talon +3 (1d4+2) bite + 3 (1d4+2)| 80ft fly| rounds 29/30

DE DE De De de de

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
damage?: 1d4 ⇒ 3
talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
crit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
damage?: 1d4 ⇒ 3
crit damage?: 1d4 ⇒ 2
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Since the wall of roll gets hard to follow: 1st attack= 14 and 3 damage if it hits. 2nd attack= 23 (potential crit 11) and 3 damage if hits (5 damage if crits). Lastly last attack misses with a 9.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

I'm going to risk two again, because I have no skills to substitute for intimidate or strength in the next square. ;)

Uther finally manages to get through the crowd, Curse my appetite! He thinks to himself, At the first sign of food, I lose all concentration. He stumbles into the cluttered alleyway, and with no time to think about the reasons behind all the weapon marks, he sucks in his gut and attempts to squeeze his way through, "I'm coming guys!" He hollers, as he attempts to clamber over any obstacles he cannot squeeze through.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Silver Crusade

M CG Nagaji Cleric 3/Fighter 1
Bot Me!:
[dice=Power Attack]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+9[/dice]
| HP: 33/33 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | +2 vs Mind-Effects&Poison | Spells: 2nd: 3/3 1st: 4/4 Channels: 3/3

I thought natural attacks couldn't crit? Are summoned creatures an exception to this?

Lumo grunts and pushes himself off the ground, grumbling to himself. "Stupid streets, taxes go to fat politicians who wouldn't know a sword from their behind... " He shakes off the fall and takes a look around. He now realizes that the pothole is full of mud! He can't walk across is, or he could trip! Not this Grease again... better jump it. He runs forward, closing his eyes at the last moment, relying on pure luck to get him across.

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

And... He slips and falls on his face.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Sorcerer (Tattooed Sorcerer) 2 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(5/5)

This has got to be the busiest nighttime street I've ever seen!

Tellerin runs full pelt ahead, and uses his "dragon voice" (From the tale of Magheir and the Dragon) to demand "Get that cart out of our way!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6

Without the leadup that a normal oratory performance would have, the voice falls a bit flat.

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions:

Lumo, I have never heard or seen that rule before? Do you have a source because I have been playing monsters and summoned things wrong for a long time then. Especially classes with animal companions. I linked the descriptions of natural attacks and it doesn't say anything about not being able to crit. If I am wrong then that find (I probably failed to confirm anyway) just need to know for future stuff as both a player and GM.

Natural Attacks

The Exchange

HP: 18/18 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +4, R +6, W +0; +2 vs. enchantments l Immune: Sleep l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +7, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +6, Diplomacy +3, Kn. Geography/Nature +7, Kn. History +3, Kn. Nobility +4, Linguistics +3, Profession: Sailor +5, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +4, Swim +6
Female CG Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 2 l Active Conditions:

I'm pretty sure that natural attacks are x2 on a 20, as I've never seen or heard anything stating that they can't crit.

Silver Crusade

M CG Nagaji Cleric 3/Fighter 1
Bot Me!:
[dice=Power Attack]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+9[/dice]
| HP: 33/33 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | +2 vs Mind-Effects&Poison | Spells: 2nd: 3/3 1st: 4/4 Channels: 3/3

I'm glad you mentioned that! Now that I go back and read both sections, it says it nowhere! I should have challenged the GM who told me that.

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Sorry for late update. Dead tired when I got home yesterday, and Uther's rolls changed everything ... :)

Finally, Nigel catches a break in the crowd and squeezes through, and Jacinth quickly follows up behind in his wake, coming up in front of the broken debris. Lumo is foiled once again by the pothole which looms in front of him. Tellerin pulls up his full height to intimidate the fruit vendor but he simply laughs in his face. William finally hacks a hole large enough to squeeze but which collapses after him.

But not before, Uther, with the most astounding gracefulness, somehow manages to squirm his way through, and quickly tumbling past the obnoxious fruit vendor and the confounding potfole. There! The assassin is just ahead of him!

Meanwhile, Nigel's summoned eagle continue ripping away into assassin. One of its talons scratches a deep groove across her face. She screams in frustration at the irritating eagle and even more when she sees the Pathfinders closing in. Taking a moment to review her options, she steps away from the eagle, whips out a potion and downs it in one gulp. And disappears!

Because Uther caught up with her, we're now shifting to combat!

Final Positions:

How many squares away you are determine when you enter combat.
Appearing in Round 2
1 square away: Lumo
2 sqaures away: William, Tellerin
Appearing in Round 3
3 squares away: Nigel, Jacinth

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: Nil
~~~
red assassin (-9)
William (10/15; appearing round 2)
Uther (9/10)
Lumo (8/20; appearing round 2)
Jacinth (7/11; appearing round 3)
Nigel (17/21; appearing round 3)
eagle
Tellerin (8/15; appearing round 2)

Nigel:
When you cast summon monster, some creatures would get the celestial or fiendish template (see spell description), including eagles. This allows them to smite evil/good respectively once per day as a swift action, adding Cha to hit (+0 for eagle), and HD to dmg (+1 for eagle).


Hp 7/7 AC 14 Fort +5 Reflex +4 Will +2 Perception +10 Fly +8 talon +3 (1d4+2) talon +3 (1d4+2) bite + 3 (1d4+2)| 80ft fly| rounds 29/30

scr-EECH?

The eagle moves to were the enemy was and tries to attack.

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
crit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
crit damage?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

WOW why didn't I roll like that when I knew where the enemy was? I am pretty sure I hit the right square but she will have the miss chance. And huh I never noticed the celestial template getting added to so many creatures. Thanks for pointing that out.

Five foot step and full attack action.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Uther, surprising even himself to be in the position he is, continues to run towards the assassin's last known position, "We've got you now!" He hollers as he draws his bow and swings it through the air like some kind of club.

Atk. Empty Quiver: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Dmg. Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Miss Change: 1d100 ⇒ 78

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

The eagle flies foward and although unable to see the creature, rakes and bites the air around it, but none of its attacks connect. Uther moves up beside the eagle and swings his bow like a staff, but similarly only swings through air.

But the assassin is certainly still there. Suddenly a deep gash appears in the eagle, as the assassin reappears, this time with her shortsword sticking deep into Nigel's summon creature. She grin as she manage to finally get rid of the pestering bird. It screeches in pain and disappears with a poof of glitter. The assassin glares at Uther and takes a step back.

William, Lumo and Tellerin catches up just in time to see the eagle's demise.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 2: Status: Nil
~~~
red assassin (-9)
William (10/15)
Uther (9/10)
Lumo (8/20)
Jacinth (7/11; appearing round 3)
Nigel (17/21; appearing round 3)
eagle
Tellerin (8/15)

GM rolls:

eagle 1st attack miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 37
eagle 2nd attack miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 29
MW shortsword vs eagle FF, invisible: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26 dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Silver Crusade

William Battlesmith | Male Human occultist 2 | Init +4, Perception +5 |
Spells:
0: mage hand, resistance, stabilize | 1 [1/3]: cure light wounds, lead blades, shield
| AC 18/12/16 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, ) | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | | HP 15/15 | Focus: 1/1 [Conjuration] 2/3 [Transmute] 2/3 [Abjure] | COND: +2 STR, +1 Saves, Shield AC 22 [19/20], Lead Blades [9/10]

Seeing the noble bird perish the instant he gets in sight, William wastes no time in charging into the action. A more thoughtful man might have paused to consider, or consider peaceful or nonlethal options, but William's blood was up from the chase and this assassin's cold blooded murder earlier that night.

So with a prayer on his lips and holy wrath in his heart, William charges, whirling blade leading the way.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10

Looks like I have a straight enough shot to charge. Ac 16. P.s. what is it with summoned eagles critting? Another game of mine we had our bacon saved by a celestial eagle rapping off a bunch of crits

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
M CG Nagaji Cleric 3/Fighter 1
Bot Me!:
[dice=Power Attack]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+9[/dice]
| HP: 33/33 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | +2 vs Mind-Effects&Poison | Spells: 2nd: 3/3 1st: 4/4 Channels: 3/3

Lumo looks at the assassin then books it in the opposite direction. He looks at the enrobed enemy carefully. Three... four...five... six greatswords away. Just like they taught me. He clasps the rhino necklace around his neck and prays. "Strengthen our armor, and prepare us for this valiant enemy. "

If I math'd correctly, the assassin should be outside my 30, but allies are inside.

Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Frick ya. Take your sweet sweet healing.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Uther feels the invigorating power of Gorum flow through his body, and doesn't hesitate to position himself beside William, "Cayden forgive me, but that feels gooood!" He swings his heavy bow at the assassin's side with as much force as he can muster, much less concerned with accuracy than he is with showing his strength.

Atk. Empty Quiver: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Dmg. Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Sorcerer (Tattooed Sorcerer) 2 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(5/5)

For some reason Google Slides won't load properly for me right now. I'll just go ahead and post something simple to not hold things up.

Tellerin huffs and puffs from the long run to catch up with the assassin. He leans over, hands on knees, sweat dripping, and tries to think about how to help Uther and William.
With a broad sweep of one arm, a spark pulls free of his tattoos and flies towards the thief. Just as it arrives in front of their face, it billows into a bright globe of light before fading.

Using flare as an SLA. DC14 FORT save or dazzled for 1 minute.

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Lumo, I'm going to allow the channel energy to affect Jacinth and Nigel as well, since they are technically speaking 30ft behind you.

William finally spots the assassin and without hesitation, charges right at her. His greatsword slices deep into her side and she scream in pain and anger. Uther swings his longbow again at her but again she dodges out of the way. She, however, fails to duck out of the way of Tellerin's spell and hit smack on by the flare on her face.
Tellerin, I've moved you to within range of the spell.

Lumo places himself carefully, and releases a wave of divine healing, restoring much of his teammates, and other minor wounds of passersby.

The assassin is getting desperate, with more of the Pathfinders catching up with her. She looks contemptuously at Uther though, who has failed to hit her so far, so she steps away from William, but still within striking range of Uther. Concentrating for a moment, she raises her hand up to the air and when she brings it down, the area around her is suddenly covered in darkness!
Uther, you may make an AoO, with the chance of disrupting her SLA!

Meanwhile, just as Jacinth and Nigel arrive on the scene, so, too, do two cultists, dressed similarly to those you fought in the cathedral arrive. One (orange), seeing Lumo's healing magic, raises his arms and sends an acid dart at him. It is badly aimed, however, and lands on the building behind Lumo. The other (yellow) plunges into the darkness, stopping when he senses someone (William) in front. "Flee with key! We'll hold them off!" he calls out.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 3: Status: Nil
~~~
red assassin (-19; dazzled)
orange cultist
yellow cultist
William (charged)
Uther (AoO with chance to disrupt darkness)
Lumo (14/20)
Jacinth
Nigel
Tellerin (14/15)

GM rolls:

red fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
orange acid dart vs Lumo TAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions:

I chose the wrong armor for this character. This is rough. I am going to make a spell craft check if I can to identify the darkness spell if I can.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Nigel moves closer to the darkness. If I recognize the spell, and I think the light spell will help the situation...

Nigel casts light on himself and shouts Don't forget that your wayfinders can make light my friends!

if I cant recognize the spell or I do and I don't think light will be useful...

Nigel casts summon monster to call in help that can see in darkness. A celestial eagle flies onto the scene, ready to attack.

Before making my action as the eagle, I will wait to see if I summon it.

The Exchange

HP: 18/18 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +4, R +6, W +0; +2 vs. enchantments l Immune: Sleep l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +7, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +6, Diplomacy +3, Kn. Geography/Nature +7, Kn. History +3, Kn. Nobility +4, Linguistics +3, Profession: Sailor +5, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +4, Swim +6
Female CG Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 2 l Active Conditions:

As Jacinth comes racing up, she sees more cultists approaching the group. "Get the key back! I will take care of this one," she calls out as she draws her bow and takes a shot at Orange.

Attack vs. Orange (Longbow): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Nigel, light spell will not counter darkness spell. "Magical light sources only increase the light level in an area if they are of a higher spell level than darkness." Thus, light being a 0th level spell, is ineffective in darkness spell which is 2nd level. So go ahead and summon your eagle.

Separately, should have clarified the light condition in the area. Although night has fallen, I'm assuming that a large city like Magnimar would have lighted the streets, i.e. normal light (hence no miss chance previously). However, within the darkness spell, is now dim light, i.e. 20% miss chance for those without darkvision. (On a related note, if you have low-light vision, you still get the 20% miss chance. It is a common misconception that those with low-light vision can see normally in dim light. That is incorrect. It merely extends the range of light, but doesn't change the condition for dim light.

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Unfortunately, Empty Quiver does not let me threaten adjacent squares until I get the next feat in the chain.

Uther jumps forward and swings his bow once more, "You're not getting away that easily!"

Atk. Empty Quiver: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Dmg. Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 2

Silver Crusade

William Battlesmith | Male Human occultist 2 | Init +4, Perception +5 |
Spells:
0: mage hand, resistance, stabilize | 1 [1/3]: cure light wounds, lead blades, shield
| AC 18/12/16 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, ) | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | | HP 15/15 | Focus: 1/1 [Conjuration] 2/3 [Transmute] 2/3 [Abjure] | COND: +2 STR, +1 Saves, Shield AC 22 [19/20], Lead Blades [9/10]

Completely focused on his quarry, William ignores the cultist at his back, if that was what was behind him, in the dark it is hard to tell and steps in close.

"Coward! Your tricks won't save you from Iomedae's holy wrath!"

Focusing on the darker blob that he really hoped was his quarry and not a friendly or innocent, though seeing Uther take a swing with his bow made him confident, William lashes out with his own blade.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 = 10
Miss %: 1d100 ⇒ 12

I hope neglecting to power attack on my charge doesn't let this assassin get away

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions:

Nigel's summoning finishes and a celestial eagle appears next to the enemy.

I can pick where it appears but it is up to you if I can choose next to the assassin since I wasnt there when the darkness set in.


Hp 7/7 AC 14 Fort +5 Reflex +4 Will +2 Perception +10 Fly +8 talon +3 (1d4+2) talon +3 (1d4+2) bite + 3 (1d4+2)| 80ft fly| rounds 29/30

The eagle shows up next to his target and tries to rip into her. He attempts to smite evil her, hoping she is an evil being.

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

If the eagle needs to move because I am not allowed to summon next to the enemy, the eagle will move then attack and assume it is the first roll.

Silver Crusade

M CG Nagaji Cleric 3/Fighter 1
Bot Me!:
[dice=Power Attack]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+9[/dice]
| HP: 33/33 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | +2 vs Mind-Effects&Poison | Spells: 2nd: 3/3 1st: 4/4 Channels: 3/3

Lumo walks over to one of the newly arrived cultists. Can't get to him fast enough... wait... On his way, he draws his Bec De Corbin, whose silvered tip shines in the torch light. He chuckles. "Hehehe, who says size doesn't matter? " Still laughing, he reaches out and swings.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Sorcerer (Tattooed Sorcerer) 2 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(5/5)

Tellerin steps to the side and calls out "Stop trying to run! Even if you get away from us, there are two dozen other much more experienced and way less nice Pathfinder teams hunting you!"

He traces out the pattern for burning hands on his tattoos and sends a wave of fire out to the south to engulf the yellow cultist trying to aid the assassin.

Burning Hands: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 3) + 4 = 16 DC15 Reflex for half

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
William Battlesmith | Male Human occultist 2 | Init +4, Perception +5 |
Spells:
0: mage hand, resistance, stabilize | 1 [1/3]: cure light wounds, lead blades, shield
| AC 18/12/16 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, ) | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | | HP 15/15 | Focus: 1/1 [Conjuration] 2/3 [Transmute] 2/3 [Abjure] | COND: +2 STR, +1 Saves, Shield AC 22 [19/20], Lead Blades [9/10]

Stop running so I can light you on fire. Seems reasonable.

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Nigel recognises the spell as a darkness spell, not that it wasn't very obvious, and summons another celestial eagle which can see in the dark. The bird appears right beside the assassin and tears into her, managing to land a bite on her. Both Uther and William swing at her, but with the cover of darkness, neither of them manage to land a blow. Tellerin manages to make out the form of the cultist that has run into the darkness and lights up the area very briefly with a blast of fire. The (yellow) cultist, all intent on supporting the assassin, fails to notice the attack and goes down screaming in horrible fiery pain.

Meanwhile, outside the sphere of darkness, Jacinth and Lumo attack the (orange) cultist but their attacks ricochet off some magical protection around him.

The assassin screams in frustration as her support is taken down. She stabs at William but the shortsword is repelled by his armor, and takes a step. The remaining cultist steps away from Lumo and launches another acid dart at him, but it flies past harmlessly.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 4: Status: Nil
~~~
red assassin (-21; dazzled)
orange cultist
yellow cultist
William
Uther
Lumo (14/20)
Jacinth
Nigel
eagle
Tellerin (14/15)

GM rolls:

yellow reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
red mw shortsword vs William, dazzled: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 1 = 13
orange acid dart vs Lumo touch AC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

William Battlesmith | Male Human occultist 2 | Init +4, Perception +5 |
Spells:
0: mage hand, resistance, stabilize | 1 [1/3]: cure light wounds, lead blades, shield
| AC 18/12/16 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, ) | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | | HP 15/15 | Focus: 1/1 [Conjuration] 2/3 [Transmute] 2/3 [Abjure] | COND: +2 STR, +1 Saves, Shield AC 22 [19/20], Lead Blades [9/10]

Silent now that battle was well and teuly joined, William deflects the assassin's blade by instinct and, again by instinct, steps into the void and swings at the assassin.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 = 14
Miss %: 1d100 ⇒ 17

The Exchange

HP: 18/18 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +4, R +6, W +0; +2 vs. enchantments l Immune: Sleep l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +7, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +6, Diplomacy +3, Kn. Geography/Nature +7, Kn. History +3, Kn. Nobility +4, Linguistics +3, Profession: Sailor +5, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +4, Swim +6
Female CG Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 2 l Active Conditions:

Jacinth runs forward and angles towards the north so that she can get another clear shot at Orange without Lumo being in the line of fire. "You picked the wrong people to steal from!" she declares as she takes aim and fires again...

Attack vs. Orange (Longbow): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions:

Nigel lets the eagle do its job on the assassin and instead moves to attack the cultist. With a familiar movement of his hands, he throws a ball of acid at them. Why don't you just surrender... isn't it obvious that you have lost this round?

acid splash (touch ac: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5
-4 for shooting through trafic.

Though trying to shoot around Lumo was harder than expected and Nigel over compensates, trying to play it safe and not hit him, and misses completely.


Hp 7/7 AC 14 Fort +5 Reflex +4 Will +2 Perception +10 Fly +8 talon +3 (1d4+2) talon +3 (1d4+2) bite + 3 (1d4+2)| 80ft fly| rounds 29/30

scr-EECH

The eagle continues to aggressively attack the assassin.

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
crit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
crit damage?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
crit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Man this eagle know how to roll 20s haha just cant follow it up

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Concerned that he hasn't got a clean shot on the assassin, Uther instead attempts to cut off her retreat, "I'd listen to them if I were you..." He says as he draws a dagger from his boot and warily sidles around her, "Give up the key and stop fighting! It's the only way you're getting out of this..."

Standard action to go Total Defense, and draw a dagger while moving so that I can threaten adjacent squares. Provokes twice, and I have my fingers crossed she doesn't have combat reflexes. :)

AC: 22

Silver Crusade

M CG Nagaji Cleric 3/Fighter 1
Bot Me!:
[dice=Power Attack]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+9[/dice]
| HP: 33/33 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | +2 vs Mind-Effects&Poison | Spells: 2nd: 3/3 1st: 4/4 Channels: 3/3

Lumo growls at the cultist. "Stop running and fight fair! " He waits till Jacinth and Nigel take their shots then drops his Bec and steps forward, his shiny Earthbreaker in hand. "Slimy wizards just won't give up... " Tired of missing, he aims a little more carefully and utters a swift prayer to Gorum.

Normal Swing: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 + 1 = 13

Fury of the Abyss :

Fury of the Abyss (Su): As a swift action, you can give yourself an enhancement bonus equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum +1) on melee attacks, melee damage rolls, and combat maneuver checks. This bonus lasts for 1 round. During this round, you take a –2 penalty to AC. You can use this ability for a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Current AC: 17

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Sorcerer (Tattooed Sorcerer) 2 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(5/5)

Tellerin, confident that Lumo as the other caster under control, draws his crossbow and fires a shot into the gloomy darkness to try to hit the thief. The shot is made even more difficult by the tumult of melee combat.

L. Crossbow into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8
L. Crossbow damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 59

@William: think less 'stop running so I can light you on fire' and more 'your associate turned into a torch, give up now or you could face even worse'. I call it fire-based diplomacy.

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Uther, you used a move action to draw the dagger (not a free action yet as your BAB is +0), then need a move action to move to flank her. Doesn't seem you have a standard action left to go into total defence? Can clarify 'cos it affects the outcome based on my roll below. :P Separately, movement only provokes one AoO no matter how many squares you move.

William swings again but the nimble assassin ducks back from the blade once again. The eagle, however, proves to be blessed as ever, striking the assassin in two rapid successions, tearing even more gashes into her side. Uther races around, drawing his dagger along the way, to flank the assassin.

Jacinth fires her bow and this time, the arrow strikes true, plunging deep into the stomach of the cultist. Nigel attempts the same with a blob of acid but his aim is off. Lumo fills himself with abyssal fury, but his blow strikes the cultist's magical barrier.

The assassin defiantly continues attacking, striking at William. This time, her strike is masterful, plunging deep into his chest, causing him to cough out blood. The cultist steps back again and launches another bolt of acid at Lumo but his aim proves dismal once again.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 4: Status: Nil
~~~
red assassin (-27; dazzled)
orange cultist (-6)
yellow cultist
William (2/15)
Uther
Lumo (14/20)
Jacinth
Nigel
eagle
Tellerin (14/15)

GM rolls:

red AoO vs Uther, mw shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
red vs William, mw shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
crit?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
orange acid dart vs Lumo TAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions:

Well that didn't work... maybe I will try it again! Nigel gets ready to launch a another ball of acid at the the cultist. Do these guys never learn?

acid splash (touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage (acid): 1d3 ⇒ 2

How is it going in the darkness? We are working our way down with the cultist out here.


Hp 7/7 AC 14 Fort +5 Reflex +4 Will +2 Perception +10 Fly +8 talon +3 (1d4+2) talon +3 (1d4+2) bite + 3 (1d4+2)| 80ft fly| rounds 29/30

scr-EECH scr-EECH

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

I used all my luck last round... poor William has been taking a beating this adventure.

The Exchange

HP: 18/18 l AC: 15, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 16 l F +4, R +6, W +0; +2 vs. enchantments l Immune: Sleep l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +7, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Bluff +6, Diplomacy +3, Kn. Geography/Nature +7, Kn. History +3, Kn. Nobility +4, Linguistics +3, Profession: Sailor +5, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +4, Swim +6
Female CG Elf Ranger (Freebooter) 2 l Active Conditions:

Blissfully unaware of anything transpiring within the veil of darkness, Jacinth continues to fire at Orange in the hopes of finishing him off for good. "Come on, we can handle just one of them can't we?" she cries.

Attack vs. Orange (Longbow; Freebooter's Bane): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Crit!?: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 8) + 2 = 12
_______

Jacinth applies Freebooter's Bane to Orange!

The Exchange

Spells:
-/0/0/0/0/0/0
Male Human Warpriest 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18 (19*) T 14 (15*) FF 14 | CMD 16 (18*) | F +3 R +4 (+5*) W +4 | Spd 30' | Perc +7; SM +6; Aura of Good | Init +4 (+5*) | Blessings 0/3 | Conditions: *Mist-tainted

Doh! I keep forgetting that the Warpriest starts with a 0 base attack, sorry. I'll run around without the added security of total defence. :)

"It's all good!" Uther calls back almost convincingly to Nigel, holding the cut in his side, "But, umm, if you could hurry it up out there, that would be great too." He sizes the assassin up in the gloom, and swings his bow/club once more.

Atk. Empty Quiver; Flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17
Dmg. Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 18

Silver Crusade

William Battlesmith | Male Human occultist 2 | Init +4, Perception +5 |
Spells:
0: mage hand, resistance, stabilize | 1 [1/3]: cure light wounds, lead blades, shield
| AC 18/12/16 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, ) | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | | HP 15/15 | Focus: 1/1 [Conjuration] 2/3 [Transmute] 2/3 [Abjure] | COND: +2 STR, +1 Saves, Shield AC 22 [19/20], Lead Blades [9/10]

Its OK, part of the Paladin code is to be between your companions and danger, he undoubetly sees soaking up stabnings as his holy duty. Though maybe fewer GM crits would be appreciated!

Roaring more from wrath than pain as the assassin's blade punches between the plates on my armor, William ignores the hot gush of blood from his chest as he works his blade up and around again, striking with a battlecry.

Miss %: 1d100 ⇒ 47
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 = 13

Sigh, can't buy a roll with this character. Go ahead and finish him off assassin, a Paladin who can't fight is useless :)

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Uther, ok so the last round, the AoO hit.

Nigel finally lands the blob of acid on the cultist, but the killer comes from Jacinth's bow. The arrow she fires punches right through his right eye. He totters briefly and falls, dead before hitting the ground.

Those surrounding the assassin, however, is less successfully. With great dexterity, she ducks out of the way of the eagle, Uther and William.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 4: Status: Nil
~~~
red assassin (-27; dazzled)
orange cultist
yellow cultist
William (2/15)
Uther (5/10)
Lumo (14/20)
Jacinth
Nigel
eagle
Tellerin (14/15)

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Sorcerer (Tattooed Sorcerer) 2 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | HP 15/15 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +8 | Spells Avail:: L1(5/5)

"William, back out of there! Its not worth risking yourself just for this darned key!"

Tellerin reloads his crossbow and carefully lines up another shot against the assassin. He hesitates for quite a while, looking for an opening between his allies. As soon as he sees one, he fires.

L. Crossbow, into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 = 15
L. Crossbow dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 56

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M CG Nagaji Cleric 3/Fighter 1
Bot Me!:
[dice=Power Attack]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+9[/dice]
| HP: 33/33 | AC: 21 (11 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 20 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | +2 vs Mind-Effects&Poison | Spells: 2nd: 3/3 1st: 4/4 Channels: 3/3

Lumo looks around. "Well, into the darkness we go. " He looks at the Bec De Corbin on the ground and whispers softly. "Be right back, baby... " With one last glance, he heads into the darkness. "Uhh... Marco? "

Sovereign Court

Dreaming of the Future | Beyond the Halflight Path

Her AC is ridiculously high, but you guys are really close... Go team! Anyway, after this combat, remind me to share how someone here prevented a character death. :)

The assassin roars in defiance at William and she once again stabs her shortsword at him, this time striking him in his shoulder. The many wounds are too great and he falls to the ground, unconscious. She then retreats a step, deftly avoiding flanks.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 5: Status: Nil
~~~
red assassin (-27; dazzled)
orange cultist
yellow cultist
William (-1/15; dying)
Uther (5/10)
Lumo (14/20)
Jacinth
Nigel
eagle
Tellerin (14/15)

GM rolls:

red mw shortsword vs William, dazzled: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 1 = 21 dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The Exchange

Male CG Gnome Unchained Summoner 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Summon Monster 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions:

Nigel husles over to the edge of the darkness again. I don't think there is anything I can do to help in there... He tries to look hard at the darkness but can't seem to make anything out. Any updates in there?

Just a move action


Hp 7/7 AC 14 Fort +5 Reflex +4 Will +2 Perception +10 Fly +8 talon +3 (1d4+2) talon +3 (1d4+2) bite + 3 (1d4+2)| 80ft fly| rounds 29/30

The eagle follows the step of the assassin and relentlessly keeps pecking. Knowing the paladin that fell was its masters friend, he fights with a new ferocity.

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Silver Crusade

William Battlesmith | Male Human occultist 2 | Init +4, Perception +5 |
Spells:
0: mage hand, resistance, stabilize | 1 [1/3]: cure light wounds, lead blades, shield
| AC 18/12/16 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, ) | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | | HP 15/15 | Focus: 1/1 [Conjuration] 2/3 [Transmute] 2/3 [Abjure] | COND: +2 STR, +1 Saves, Shield AC 22 [19/20], Lead Blades [9/10]

CON: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 1 = 3

Hot dice keep on smokin'!

William again feels the assassin's deadly blade strike home and his not inconsiderable willpower finally gives out to blood loss.

Again, in a single day he collapses to his knees and slides into the darkness with a prayer on his lips.

Iomedae forgive me for my failure...

As the darkness takes over his soul rages at again failing his goddess. This day represented his two largest failures in his short life. Reflecting as his soul floats in darkness, resisting the pull to the Inheritors embrace.

Today I have been questioning the pathfinders goals and methods. In doing so I have been questioning the Silver Crusade, and my very Order. Perhaps it is my lack of faith that has caused my trouble today. I swear, should I survive this I will harden my faith, and believe that my superiors know Iomedae's true plan. This I swear!

551 to 600 of 696 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS-CORE] 05-19 The Horn of Aroden (high tier) Garn Harlardorn – Garn Harlardorn - animal form – _Snowball_ Map perception: Show init: Show Gameplay Discussion Players Characters [PFS] Blake's Gallows of Madness, Part I Takumi Kamizo Handouts & All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.