[PBP GameDay V] GM Tarondor's PFS Scenario 7-11: Ancient's Anguish [Tier 7-8] (Inactive)

Game Master Tarondor

Ancient's Anguish Map

Ancient's Anguish - Library Research Reference


401 to 450 of 482 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

That's how I calculate it, too. Carry on.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

"Well, we are here to support the juweled sages. So the answer yes!"


Osiriani:
"So say you all?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen looks at Tytus with some surprise. "You would free an evil being with knowledge and power of the Sages? Perhaps it's better he be left here and Tahonikepsu can come to him in the future."

He turns back to Sinuhotep. "Where is this creature? Perhaps we can speak to him."

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

After translating for the others, Seaweed asks, "I was curious about genies turning undead we encountered earlier. It does not fit the pattern as we know it. Does your captor also break this pattern? What of this curse? Can you explain more of it?"


"No, young man," says Sinuhotep. "We leave here together or we do not leave at all. You persist in perceiving things through the veil of good and evil. See them clearly. I have done what had to be done to preserve the past. The choice offered to you is so much easier than that offered to me. Do you have the right to spurn it? Do you speak for the whole world when you turn away my gifts? Do you have that right?"

“You would destroy me? You would also destroy the things I’ve seen: war chariots of fire soaring through the night sky over Osirion, pharaohs of old speaking to me from beyond the Gate of the Dead, even the 56 visits of Aucturn’s Tear, which even now blazes brighter than it ever has as it once more approaches Golarion. All of those moments would be wiped away, like dust in the desert wind. My soul is bound to the jewel,” he says, tapping the purple gemstone in his right armband. “If one ceases to exist, the other must, too.”

"As for she who cursed me, it was she who built this temple to herself in the age of Darkness. A genie named Surma. Upon her death, she turned into a pitiful aghash div, but make no mistake: she is far more powerful than most of her kind.”


"I achieved immortality here," Sinuhotep says to Seaweed. "And this place was accursed of old by the sins of the genie, Surma. For me to leave, Surma must be called forth from the nether planes and she must die. There is no other way."

And so we arrive at the central question of this tale. Do you allow an undead creature to rejoin the Jeweled Sages in exchange for his fabulous wealth of ancient knowledge, or do you destroy him and the sage jewel you were sent to retrieve? If you choose to help the lich, you must summon and destroy Surma, whose curse keeps Sinuhotep bound to the ruins.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

VERY difficult. But it seems the lich is not truly evil!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Dyson ponders the two choices between him.

"My personal preference would be to escort Sinuhotep back to the jeweled sages."

Dyson grimaces as he says these words shuddering as if swallowing molten magma down his throat.

"We came here to retrieve the jewel and if we take him with us we will have completed that assignment. Furthermore by vanquishing this...Surma and cleansing it of all the evil taint inside, hopefully one day other pathfinders or chroniclers can come and learn from the wealth of information inside this temple."

My choice is for bringing him back with us, but ill go with group majority.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Many a dictator has used 'my gifts' to justify committing horrors. Almost as many horrors as the 'pursuit of knowledge has justified."

"We barely survived the ghuls and the statue of (I presume) Surma," Seaweed says to the party. "I don't think we will survive a giant undead djinn, especially one who imprisoned him. Nor do I think we can survive against this ancient one." The cleric pauses, "That doesn't even account for the gaurdians outside who want to contain this evil and I am sure they won't simply let us walk out." Seaweed fidgets with the holy symbol of Gozreh. "If death leads us either way, I propose we find a third option." Seaweed is willing to let the diamond sage decide how to work with the amethyst one.

In character, Seaweed wants someone with a higher pay grade to deal with this. OOC releasing him would be the worse evil (other characters of mine would be willing to die for that... not so much Seaweed :) Someone mentioned lich, do we know that? Do we know he is a spell caster of extreme power? For that matter do we know he is evil? EDIT: deleted jewel sages meta-gaming theories...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen looks at Dyson and Tutus somewhat surprised. "I suppose Tahonikepsu might be able to corral his darker desires. Knowledge and secrets should be protected. With the right guardian, they can help lift the world from its shackles."

He looks back to the Amythest Sage. "Fine, if you agree to follow the wisdom of the Jeweled Sages, we'll see to it that the curse is lifted."

I'm going to laugh when it's Aroden who's holding the curse!


Evigail 'Seaweed' Brandiday wrote:
In character, Seaweed wants someone with a higher pay grade to deal with this.

Sorry. You are jointly the commanders on the spot. You have to make the tough decision here.

In-character you have no direct evidence that Sinuhotep is a lich. However, he is over 5,000 years old, you've found a ritual that looks a lot like a recipe for lichdom as well as the apparatus for accomplishing it in the very place he said he'd become immortal, and finally, he's told you that he and the Amethyst Sage Jewel are linked...like a lich and his phylactery.


So that's three for releasing Sinuhotep and one for...what? Not sure? What're you folks going to do?

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

The same recipe we just followed? In the same apparatus Seaweed just laid down in? I am not a lich. Seaweed has seen folks survive in the demi-plane that is the Hao Jin Tapestry for a long time. If that is our only evidence, then Seaweed is less worried about freeing Sinuhotep.

So... he has threatened to kill us if we walk out to get Tahonikepsu? Well that would force him into making the decision so I am inclined to make a third option. :)

Explore, Cooperate, Report, the Grand Lodge bureaucrat chimes. "This is the physical representations of report. So I am happy to cooperate as we explore the rest of this area."

See I told you writers like to force tough choices on us :)


"Very well."

Sinuhotep now describes Surma as best he can, permitting you to make some educated guesses about Surma's powers and weaknesses. You can make Knowledge (planes) checks now.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Knowledge Plains: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Hmmm interesting that sounds like something that a... and those I recall can..."
Dyson will share what he knows with the party.

Dyson looks around at the party checking them one last time before they confront this creature.

"Best to cast any buffs you can now as we might not have time once the creature appears...Seaweed how are you on spells you have left to convert to healing if need be? I have some left if you are out, though at this point I'll be tapping into my contingency spells."

Depending on the check the twice per day blinding strike might work.

As far as remaining spells go. I have Invisibility Purge(3), Remove Curse(3), and Restoration(4) left for convertible spells and then a CLW wand and a single channel (might be better to use offensively if Surma is truly an Undead) For none convertible I have a burning hands (5d4) and a produce flame (1d6 + 5)(7 attacks).

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen nods. He waits as the others prepare and then casts two spells right before they summon Surma.

Casting Divine Favor and Flames of the Faithful right before we summon Surma.

Spells active: Heroism, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Flames of the Faithful


Dyson:
While demons exist to destroy, devils yearn to corrupt and control, and daemons seek the death of all things, the foul beings known as divs strive to ruin and despoil all things created by mortals. Spawned from corrupted genies exiled to the accursed depths of Abaddon, divs harbor an ancient hatred against all mortalkind, doing all in their power not simply to destroy but also to torment all that lives. Patient and vicious, divs seek to spoil all things beautiful and joyous, dooming their victims to existences full of frustration and suffering before succumbing to lengthy, painful deaths.

The most ancient of myths claim that divs were the aides and architects of numerous magical and forgotten mortal empires in an age of wondrous and mysterious antiquity. During this unfathomably ancient time these masters of creation served as helpful genies, allied to thankful and gracious masters. However, this bond with mortals soon frayed, as generations of the shorter-lived races ebbed and flowed like ripples in a puddle, forgetting the oaths and respect their forbearers gave divs; some began to abuse and neglect their otherworldly allies, while others merely turned away from genies to rely upon and extol the creations of mortalkind. As the contributions of geniekind were ignored and the deities celebrated the rise of their mortal creations across the worlds, many of the ancient architects rose in rebellion against mortals and the ancient deities who shepherded them. In turning from the paths of inspiration and creation, these genie rebels fell under the sway of a power of destruction known as Ahriman, who granted them not only the vicious might to avenge themselves against mortalkind, but also twisted forms marking them as paragons of depredation, havoc, and ruin. Thus did first divs come into being.

Ever since, divs have arisen from the spirits of the most nefarious and spiteful evil genies. Rather than returning to the Elemental Planes upon their destruction, these foul genies find their way into the claws of Ahriman, a spirit of annihilation who has haunted geniekind since the earliest days of creation. Having forged a realm upon the ruined hinterlands of the foul plane of Abaddon, Ahriman uses the innate corruption of that realm along with his own immortal evil to inspire wickedness in the souls drawn to him, warping such profane spirits into div servitors of a variety of terrible forms. Indifferent to the genie race from which the soul hailed, the Lord of the Divs sees only the evil within and grants it an abhorrent shape particular to the vices that brought the genie to his domain. What emerges from Ahriman's grip is a dreadful new fiend, an enemy of mortalkind and the deities of good, a hateful spirit given a form with which to wreak its revenge. The dark god's touch leaves behind nothing of the individual genie that once was—only hatred, entitlement, and vengeance remain.

Dyson:
Among an agash div's defenses are immunity to fire and poison, as well as a tolerance for acid and electricity. They can be harmed by the touch of cold iron. They are known for their cursed gazes, which can cripple a man just by looking at him.


When you are ready, Sinuhotep steps through the door, visibly straining himself and soon falling to his knees. In great anguish, he yells “You ugly old wretch, reveal yourself !”

You have two rounds to do anything you like...

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59
GM Tarondor wrote:
Seaweed ransacked them earlier.

I made a check to identify the wands and potions, but do not see an answer. Did I fail the check or am I just missing the post?

Seaweed looks at the fancy sticks and prepares to deal with the elemental.


There were several wands and several potions. Give me multiple checks, please. We will assume this happened back when you made the initial rolls.


The first potion and first wand were cure serious wounds and break enchantment (5 charges), respectively.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

KnowPlanes: 1d20 + 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (20) + (6) + 12 = 38
Tytus will prepare himself, too.
Keen senses, Heroism via AA, Bulls strength, Shield of F. via AA Longarm (wand),Shield, and finally Strength Mutagen
Ready for rock and roll.
Str:16+ 2MP +2BS +4 Mutagen =24
Armor: 21 +4sh +3 defl + 4 nat = 32
Attack +12 Damage 1d10+17 /16 1d10+21

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

sweet that information is being saved I've never actually run into these so the background info on them is much appreciated.

"Well this thing is going to be a serious pain. From what I remember an Agash Div's defenses are immunity to fire and poison, as well as a tolerance for acid and electricity. They can be harmed by the touch of cold iron. They are known for their cursed gazes, which can cripple a man just by looking at him."

Dyson then slams the smoked goggles he has on his forehead over his eyes as he can't afford to be affected by his gaze attacks.

Dyson is now ready for combat with his smoked goggles on and his cold iron scimitar drawn and at the ready.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed will cast bless.

Unless the wands provide an option, that is all for prepping. EDIT: protection from evil on Tytus.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13,
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13, Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8,
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16, Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23,
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16, Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7,


Seaweed discovers seven potions of cure serious wounds, three potions of remove curse, one wand of break enchantment (5 charges), a wand of freedom of movement (7 charges), a wand of searing light (13 charges, CL 6th), a wand of shield of faith (42 charges) and an unknown wand.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Change of plans," the cleric of Gozreh says. She uses one of the wands to aid her allies. "Now you will see why Mom & Dad's pirate friends call me what they do."
freedom of movement on Dyson and Tytus. On Kargen too if you will let me retcon that in from before opening the door. :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen asks Dyson or Seaweed to use a scroll of Abundant Ammunition on his quiver of cold iron arrows.

If allowed, I'll retcon not casting Flames of the Faithful given the information Dyson had about fire resistance.


I will allow both retcons. Anything else?

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Let's do this :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Is someone casting the scroll for Kargen? Infinite Cold Iron arrows will likely help here.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

sure, do you want that before or after the mobility option. If you are using ranged, your freedom of movement is probably less important. :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Yep, infinite cold iron arrows is better for him than freedom of movement. Where is everyone?

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Looks good!


And the ancient evil herself arrives with a large elemental in tow. Draped in rags and hunched over on goatlike legs, this creature possesses a featureless face, save for a large eye ringed by fangs.

IMAGE OF SURMA

"See what Ahriman has done with her," says Sinuhotep as the curse sucks him back into the inner sanctum of the temple.

Surma, a vile, twisted thing with a single giant eye, looks around at her long-ago home and screams in anger and rage!

Initiative Checks:

Tytus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Kargen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Seaweed: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Dyson: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Surma: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Air Elemental: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

INITIATIVE ORDER
Seaweed
Kargen
Air Elemental
Tytus
Surma (-20 hp)(adjusted for four players)
Dyson

COMBAT MAP

Seaweed, Kargen, go!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Hey, where did the guardians go? Could they help?

Kargen curses as Surma appears outside the chamber. He rushes out, using his Air Walk to cross onto one of the pillars. "The eons of you keeping Sinuhotep prisoner are over!" The Hunter fires a cold iron arrow at the Div.

Swift Action activate Justice Judgement
Attack (DA, heroism, DF, judgement): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 24
Cold iron Damage (DA, DF): 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

That wand of Searing Light could be useful if someone can use it.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed casts a spell and grasping plants spring from the floor. "Stand still, demon."
entangle DC 18 Reflex or be entangled.


Kargen Hapspring wrote:
Hey, where did the guardians go? Could they help?

You've played enough role playing games to know better than that! They're guardians, not warriors. They take no part in this fight! :-P


Reflex save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Kargen's arrow misses (even forgetting the cover provided by the elemental) and Surma easily ignores the sere desert plants that try to grasp her.

The elemental just stands there, protecting Surma with its bulk.

Tytus, go!

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus moves forward


Tytus, are you flying? Because the location of the start of your move is 50' above where you stopped.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Yep, as a gargoyle he can fly.


I think the map is somewhat confusing. I want to make clear that from where they are, Seaweed and Dyson cannot see the enemy. The thin wall to the east is no longer there and you can exit a cave mouth in that direction.

Surma speaks...you're not sure how given that her entire face is an eye... in a dry and raspy voice. "I was a goddess! I was beautiful! Now all shall share in my pain!"

She flies forward, and glares at Kargen.

Kargen is the subject of the Evil Eye, reducing his saves by -4

Her huge glaring eye is bad mojo. On your turn, if you are within 30' (Kargen and Tytus), you can either give me a DC 16 Fortitude save or you can AVERT YOUR GAZE.

INITIATIVE ORDER
Seaweed
Kargen (Evil Eye: -4 saves 1 round)
Air Elemental
Tytus
Surma (-20 hp)(adjusted for four players)
Dyson

COMBAT MAP

Dyson, Seaweed, Kargen, go!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

sorry for absence a coworker of mine suffered an accident and is having surgery on her knees so she can hopefully walk again. As a result im filling in for her duties (only one trained in it so...)That said will try my absolute hardest to go once a day now that I am back to normalish workload.

Dyson moves out of the cave mouth and moves a location he can see the...airborne creature and then tucks his shield closer to him as he considers his options.

Move action to map location, total defense action (AC 25)

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"And now you see why my parents went back to pirating," Seaweed thinks after the failure of the entangle spell.

The cleric reaches into the pack, and the desired item appears on top. "Waves and Wind take you," Seaweed curses and unleashes the wands magic at Surma.

Searing light: ray vs. touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17,
sunray of divine: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 7) = 12 or if undead: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 5, 6, 4) = 22 Caster level check if needed?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen adjusts his aim as Surma closes on him. He puts two more arrows in the air.

Attack (RS, DA, PBS, heroism, DF, judgement): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 16
Cold Iron Damage (DA, PBS, DF): 1d8 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11

Attack (RS, DA, PBS, heroism, DF, judgement): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 33
Cold Iron Damage (DA, PBS, DF): 1d8 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14


Seaweed's searing light strikes and burns the ancient div, causing her to scream.

One of Kargen's arrows goes astray, slamming into the desert bluff, but the second strikes Surma squarely.

Having failed to avert his gaze, Kargen looks directly into Surma's single enormous eye.

The large elemental transforms into a whirlwind and swiftly passes through both Kargen and Dyson, battering them with high winds.

INITIATIVE ORDER
Seaweed
Kargen (Evil Eye: -4 saves 1 round)
Air Elemental
Tytus
Surma (-46 hp)
Dyson

COMBAT MAP

Kargen, give me a DC 16 Fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round. Don't forget your -4 from Evil Eye.

Kargen and Dyson, give me two DC 18 Reflex saves each. The first is to avoid whirlwind damage, the second from being picked up by the whirlwind.

AFTER those saves, Tytus may go.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Fort Save (Eye, heroism, PfE): 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 + 2 + 2 = 19

Reflex Save (Eye, heroism): 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 + 2 = 15
Reflex Save (Eye, heroism): 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 + 2 = 20

I assumed Surma was evil for the sake of Protection from Evil, but that the elemental was not. Also, if the Evil Eye effect is only for 1 round, shouldn't it end right before Surma's turn?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Was going to ask about aoe's but went total defense so thats a no go :(

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Well that failed on both accounts....going to need to look into getting my saves a bit higher after this scenario.


Kargen Hapspring wrote:
I assumed Surma was evil for the sake of Protection from Evil, but that the elemental was not.

I feel like I'm missing the import what you're telling me. Did I do something wrong?

Kargen Hapspring wrote:
Also, if the Evil Eye effect is only for 1 round, shouldn't it end right before Surma's turn?

Yes. But her gaze happens on your turn (it's always on).

401 to 450 of 482 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PBP GameDay V] GM Tarondor's PFS Scenario 7-11: Ancient's Anguish [Tier 7-8] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.