[PBP GameDay V] GM Tarondor's PFS Scenario 7-11: Ancient's Anguish [Tier 7-8] (Inactive)

Game Master Tarondor

Ancient's Anguish Map

Ancient's Anguish - Library Research Reference


351 to 400 of 482 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Thanks Kargen."

"Or simply, 'Will Seaweed violate Gozran's principles to lie in the impression as the ritual is completed?'"


Kargen
Lymwin (4 damage)
Dyson
Tytus (16 damage)
Seaweed (2 damage)

You have 9 minutes.


The GM breaks into a kazoo solo...

"Inna Gotta Davita." On a kazooo.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

What can we move out of the building during the minute the spell us being cast. I don't have much else I can do until it is time to lay down in the impression. I think we are waiting on the auguary results.


Well, there are the stone tablets. And no has searched the room the ghuls came in, or all the pottery laying around. But you couldn't do all of that in 9 minutes. Maybe some, though.

And no one has asked for an augury yet.

Come on, folks! There is a lot of this adventure to go and we're running up against a deadline. Let's start posting regularly!

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Right! Heave to!

Seaweed looks in on the room the ghuls came from. While waiting for the safety decision. "It should be safe with all those undead attacking us out here. Glorymane, let's check it out," the clerk says to the shield.

1d20 ⇒ 12 +9 Perc, +4 Kn (arcane or history), +5 Kn (nature), +5 Spellcraft, +18 Survival

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen rushes in with Seaweed to examine the pottery while the others work on the divination.

Perception (heroism): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


Dyson, are you going to cast the augury spell or not?

Seaweed ransacks the hidden coffins, discovering ten potions, five wands and a big brass key.

Kargen inspects the jars, finding that each of thirteen is filled with thousands of gold coins! They're massively heavy, weighing in at more than sixty pounds each.


The GM breaks out his paddle ball.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

"Whoa! There's loads of treasure in here!" Kargen scoops out a few coins in his hand to show the others. "It's way too heavy to move though. If we don't stop this place from collapsing, it'll all be gone."

While waiting for the others, Kargen remembers the mirrors in the statue room with the illusion aura. He carefully walks over and tries to examine them, knowing that what he might see inside is not real.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed looks at the bottles, sniffs the corks, and ventures a guess as to the spells captured in liquid form. Though not as easy the former pirate does the same with the wands.
potion Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
wands please be ant haul, please be ant haul: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The cleric puts as much of the treasure as feasible in the magical pack, even pulling out a spare trident to make room. "This one was too heavy for me, but I couldn't quite part with it either." The cleric lovingly lays the trident with the remaining treasure. "But I can use a spell to help us find it later."

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Helping his best to clean the table Tytus uses his form to his best ability cycling heroism, Mopnstrous physique and bulls strength to get the most out of the temple.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Dyson casts the Augury spell, asking Sarenrae if completing the ritual in the temple will help them locate the Sapphire Jewel without permanently harming the participant.


It turns out Dyson has on him neither of the two possible expensive material components necessary to cast the spell, so the point is moot. No augury spell.

What now?

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed asks for Gozreh's guidance and hen.blessing and lays down in the impression. offer the others to place the remaining items


As the temple shakes apart around you, Seaweed offers himself up as a sacrifice. Does anyone place the torc and the tablet on the other tables?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Dyson still kicking himself mentally for forgetting the components on the spells he has prepared places the the two items in the appropriate slots and then offers a brief prayer to Sarenrae for Seaweeds survival.


Welcome back!

Vampiric touch: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 5, 1) = 15

Seaweed's body arches and writhes in pain, pinned by unseen bands to the sacrificial table. The horrible artifact siphons his life energy into the obsidian cylinder and Seaweed can see with momentary clarity the writhing spectral forms contained therein.

Then it is over. Seaweed collapses back onto the table, weakened but alive. The temple ceases its shaking and though damaged, looks as though it will continue to stand. There is excited shouting from outside. You think it is the girtabillus (scorpion-people).

You gained 1 Research Point!

Kargen
Lymwin (4 damage)
Dyson
Tytus (16 damage)
Seaweed (17 damage)

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Dyson reaches over to haul seaweed off the sacrificial table and a quick hand gesture divine energy rushes into seaweeds body healing the visible wounds still left on her.

cure serious wounds: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (2, 5) + 7 = 14 (21 due to healing domain)
burning augury spell slot

"Well the shaking stopped and I don't see any fangs, horns or a new world wound opening so I think you are safe for the moment."

Dyson pauses to look around at the rest of the party before shaking his head a bit and light returns to his eyes.

"Lets heal up and finish this. Now that we are not in imminent danger of being crushed by falling temple we need to see what the commotion is with the scorpion folk and we need to finish exploring this temple. We saw the statue come to life but we need to check out where those undead ghouls came from. Thoughts, opinions?"

want to make sure I'm not getting turned around we have not explored the rooms where the ghouls emerged from yet have we?


Seaweed ransacked them earlier.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

ah sounds good

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen rushes outside to see what the commotion is about. "Ardashir! Anahita! What's happening?!"


The two girtabillus point to the north. "A door. A door has opened there. We did not know it existed. It opened when the temple stopped shaking!"

You can access the new door by leaping between the pillars or by flying or climbing.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Thank the Winds" the Gozrehn says.

Looking up to the new doorway, Seaweed offers a boost for the folks willing to jump. windblast

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen continues using the Wind Walk spell to climb up to the entrance. He peers into the new found cavern.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Dyson will pull out a knotted rope and a grappling hook as he jumps across the gap.

"Hopefully this wont be needed but history has proved that while Sarenrae guides my healing to where it is most effective, she also finds me jumping to my demise funny and seems to encourage it whenever possible."

How far is the jump and how high is the gap over the ground? Dyson has a ring of feather-falling so failing the jump wont result in falling damage but it might be easier to just climb up the cliff/wall up to the door if that wouuld be more feasible.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Kargen, friend, take this rope please," Seaweed says, procuring one from a haversack.

Clib: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (13) - 5 = 8 .

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Drinking an extract of longarm Tytus prepares for the worst and picks up his weapon


The pillars are 50' above the surrounding territory. The jump is a DC 10 Acrobatics roll. The climb (also 50') is a DC 15 Climb check. Or DC 5 with a rope.

Before Kargen lies a massive bronze door of ancient design. It has a single keyhole in its center.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Fifty feet?" Seaweed pants. "This may take me a while." climb: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3, fall

"Focus Seaweed, Focus I will take 10. for 5. It will take a full minute for me to climb.

If anyone wants to have Seaweed push them across the opening, the cleric will do so before climbing. Windblast: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
"Do we have a key? Oh right, we just found a big brass key!" Seaweed reaches into the haversack and the key pops to the top. I don't know if it is commong to trap a hidden door, but just in case can you check it first? (this ledge is pretty narrow).

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen takes the rope and attaches it to the top, so anyone else can use it to climb up.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

"Get me a rope, I fly up!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen checks the door for traps before inserting the key and turning it.

Perception : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

-Posted with Wayfinder


Finding no traps, Kargen puts the ancient bronze key in the lock. Bars begin to retract and gears begin to whir.

It will take five rounds for the doors to open. Let me know if you're doing anything in the meantime!

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"That is an impressive door mechanism. It's like the 'internal requisition for external-use consumables' form of latches."

Seaweed will just marvel patiently.


As the mighty door finally opens, it reveals a beautiful chamber from another age. Placid water flows from a fountain hardly touched by the millennia. Tiled frescoes of peerless historical value line the walls of this chamber and its roof is adorned with gold.

A single person stands within. He must have been here for at least five thousand years, yet there are few signs of decay. Or madness. Or malice. He speaks in rich, cultured tones.

Ancient Osiriani:
"Did the satrap send you here to kill me?"

MAP OF THE TEMPLE

IMAGE OF SINUHOTEP

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen will cast Expeditious Retreat and Protection from Evil while waiting for the door to open.

When the man behind the door begins speaking an odd language, Kargen casts and spell to understand him. Finally, he shakes his head and translates for the others. Responding to the man, he says, "We are here to kill no one. We seek the Sapphire Sage or knowledge of his final resting place. We have come on behalf of the Diamond Sage, Tahonikepsu."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Sorry, meant to say that Kargen is casting Tongues to understand and speak with him

-Posted with Wayfinder


The old man smiles.

Osiriani:
"I am Sinuhotep, the Sapphire Sage. You come from the Diamond Sage? I am pleased to meet servants of the Jeweled Sages. Indeed, I am pleased to hear that they still exist. Perhaps it has all been worthwhile. Tell me, who rule in Osirion today?"

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Still under the effects of the earlier translation magic, Seaweed understands the regal man's question. "What satrap is he asking about?


Correcting spoiler above:
Sinuhotep is the Amethyst Sage, not the Sapphire Sage.

Knowledge History DC 15:
The nation of Osirion was ruled as a satrapy of the Kelishite empire for almost a millennium, beginning about the time that the Amethyst Sage fled from the land. The satraps are no more.

Knowledge Nobility DC 10 or Knowledge Local DC 17:
Ruby Prince Khemet III rules Osirion now.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed translates for those without the sage's language. This is Sinuhotep, the amethyst sage we were sent to locate. The cleric introduces the Pathfinders by name to him.

Kn (history): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Seaweed explains that Osirion is no longer controlled by the Kelshite satraps, letting Kargen translate as needed. Osirion was ruled as a satrapy for almost a millennium, beginning about the time that the Amethyst Sage fled from the land.

As 'strange magic' hid him from the diamond sage, and he was seeking 'immortality of the ancient pharoes,' and we are in Nex, would a Kn (religion)
?

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Know Nobility: 1d20 + 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (7) + (1) + 12 = 20
Tytus even adds t he name of the current leader


I'd prefer that you speak the words rather than tell me what you would say. But in order to keep this thing moving...

Also, don't feel like you can only answer his questions. You can ask some of your own, if you like.

Osiriani:
"I am pleased to hear that the satraps have been driven out. Who is the current leader of the Jeweled Sages? Did my companions Badru and Saruna survive the eons?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen eyes the man, trying to see into the Sage's soul. "What have you been doing all this time, Sinuhotep? And why are you hiding here? Come, let's sit and discuss the events of the world. I'm sure we can learn much from each other." He takes a step toward the man.

Detect Evil and Discern Lies on our Sage here


Osiriani:
“After I fled the Sanctum, I traveled to the south, looking for ways to protect my sage jewel. I found what I was looking for, but a powerful curse bound me to this place. Here I have remained ever since.”

"Come, what of my friends Badru and Surana? Do you know of them?"

Kargen:
He's evil, alright. But he's not lying, so far as you can tell.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Badru hopes you have been successful in your research for immortality. He is currently a ally of the Jeweled Sages. Tahonikepsu, the Diamond Sage, is their leader and the two of them sent us to find you. The clerk thinks for a moment. It appears you have been successful having stowed away here for so long. Was it the same as the pharoes?.

The Ruby prince III is the current leader of Osiria

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen looks at the Sage with a skeptical eye. "And what was the price for your immortality, since I assume you've succeeded? Your heart is no longer pure, Sinuhotep. If it ever was. What would you do if freed from this place?"

Continue Discern Lies


Osiriani:
"Badru survives. My heart is glad of this. It has been so long... I wasn't sure he could."

"Same as the Pharaohs? I'm not sure I understand. Osirion did not build this place, if that's what you mean. It is far older than even Osirion. I believe it dates back to the Age of Darkness. I found evidence of a genie cult that resided here thousands of years before I arrived."

Returning his attention to Kargen, Sinuhotep says “In this ancient place, I found the means to attain eternal life. I did not want the secrets of past ages to die with me, so I undertook the rites.”

"I did what was necessary for survival—not for my own sake, but for the survival of the Jeweled Sages. How many people have you killed during your careers? How many nameless guards and servants you have slain? Were they all evil? Or was it just convenient for you to kill them?”

"As for what I would do... I have waited half of ten thousand years to bring you what I know. Osirion lives and the Jewelled Sages with it? My dreams have been answered. I will bring you the glory that was. I know where other Jewelled Sages of my time fled. I will lead you to them."

“Ever since I left my beloved Osirion, everything I have done has had a singular purpose: To recreate the order of the Jeweled Sages. What you have told me means that I can finally return home and rejoin the order. However, before I can leave, I need your help. My immortality also carries a curse, and I cannot leave unless a hateful creature that put the curse on me is destroyed. The question is: Will you slay this creature for me, set me free, and support my endeavor to rejoin the Jeweled Sages?”

Kargen, what is the save DC of your Discern Lies ability? I'm not saying that Sinuhotep is lying, but I wonder if you could tell if he was?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Good Question. It's not explicitly stated in the ability, but if it's as the spell, then I think a DC 16 Will Save. Not really that great for a guy of his caliber.

351 to 400 of 482 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PBP GameDay V] GM Tarondor's PFS Scenario 7-11: Ancient's Anguish [Tier 7-8] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.