[PBP GameDay V] GM Tarondor's PFS Scenario 7-11: Ancient's Anguish [Tier 7-8] (Inactive)

Game Master Tarondor

Ancient's Anguish Map

Ancient's Anguish - Library Research Reference


51 to 100 of 482 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

"Yes, east we must go! I think..." Lymwin adds.
Kn. geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Two Nat20s!! Think we can make it three?
KN (geography): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
OH :) Not Nat but I will take it.

The cleric pulls the big hat low to protect the eyes from sand and follows the others toward shelter.

Actually I won't take it. I have no ranks in geography and no bonus. So it is just a 14, but that is good enough for the aid. :)

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

if we can make these checks untrained then ill toss my Geography in otherwise disregard it

Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Sweet another aid on the check

Dyson follows the group toward their destination


Welcome, Dyson!
That's THREE successes and ONE failure.

_____________________________________________
CHANGING WINDS

Just as it looks like you're about to get out of the sandstorm's way, it changes direction and heads right for you. This is no ordinary sandstorm!

Seek Cover: Stealth DC 31

or

It's Following Us: Sense Motive DC 32

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

SenseMotive: 1d20 + 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (16) + (5) + 17 = 38
"It's Following Us"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

well i cant beat that score however i can aid you

Dyson considers Tytus's words before after a few seconds of focused observation confirms "Our friend is correct its definitely following us."

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

"It's following us?! No..."
Aid SM: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 I have a conditional addition of +5, but I don't remember what the condition is :P

"Strange," the wind cleric of Gozreh comments. "Very strange."


That's FOUR successes and ONE failure.

_____________________________________________
THUNDERSTRUCK

Lightning bolts strike the ground, spraying the area with stony shrapnel.

Duck and Cover: Acrobatics DC 30

or

Predict the Pattern: Spellcraft DC 28

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Kargen tries to help Tytus learn whatever pattern the strikes have. He points out the timing between several hits.

Grand Lodge

Spellcraft:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Dyson looks around and tries to assist Tytus in learning the likely locations for each lightning strike to better evade them.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (17) + (1) + 17 = 35


That's FIVE successes and ONE failure.

_____________________________________________
RAINING BLOOD

The sky turns dark red, and a downpour of sticky, corrosive blood begins.

Tough it Out: Fortitude Save DC 28

or

Just an Illusion: Will Save DC 28

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

The blood sticks in Lymwin's shaggy hair.
Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

These are still group rolls for this one? Normally you can't aid on saves.

Kargen tries to help the group tough it out, like a hunter suffering through a cold winter.
Fort, aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Not sure but if they are then id not roll fort.

Dyson offers prayers to Sarenrae for protection and does his best to ignore the blood falling from the sky.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Yeah, still group rolls. The rules are altered for the chase scene.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


That's SIX successes and ONE failure.

_____________________________________________
TO THE CAVES!

There are safe-looking caves ahead, but reaching them requires climbing and leading the animals up the slope.

Scramble Up: Climb DC 32

or

Improvised Grapnels: Ranged Attack, AC 32

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen takes aim at the rock face to provide some impromptu handholds.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Kargen also has Point-Blank Shot if that would give him another +1

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed asks the Wind to move from the other's improvised hooks pathsand guide them to the intended target.ranged attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


SUCCESS

You easily outrun the storm's worst effects and make it safely to the caves without injury!

The seeker stone leads you deeper into the caves, where you eventually emerge again under the bright desert sun in a narrow canyon.

Knowledge (geography or nature) DC 20:
The soil type and rock formations suggest that this geographical feature was once a riverbed thousands of years ago. This whole canyon was once lush with vegetation.

The canyon gradually widens into a stone-choked valley to the southeast. There, amidst the dry desert rocks lies another cave entrance, vaguely suggestive of a carved doorway. The seeker stone points toward this.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 nope i do not get the DC 20

Dyson see's the path ahead and while something tugs at him as wrong he is unable to identify what it is.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

Kn. nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"Hey, look at this! According to the soil and the rock formations I think this canyon was once a riverbed. Thousands of years ago. This whole canyon was once lush with vegetation."

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Kn (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Seaweed wonders at the formations trying to imagine the lushness Lymwyn describes.

My entry got a Bronze, my elephant ear stayed soft, & my longest day was 14 hours. :) I should be back to normal posting.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

KnowNat: 1d20 + 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (19) + (5) + 12 = 36 "Indeed. Well let´s follow it!"


I need to set up the map. Not impossible without my computer, but difficult. I'll have it done by tomorrow evening.


Thank you so much for your patience.We're ready to roll now.

Please note the link to the map at the top of the page.

______________________________________________________________________

As you walk into the narrow part of the canyon, two very large creatures come into view, clinging to the rocks above and about 80 feet ahead. Each is part huge monstrous scorpion and part human. One steps out and hurls a javelin at the approaching intruders. As the weapon thuds into the rocky soil just in front of you, the monstrous warrior shouts a dire warning: “Turn back! Weaklings like you find nothing but death here!” The female adds, “And you have no right to enter this ancient place!”

IMAGE OF MALE GIRTABILU
IMAGE OF FEMALE GIRTABILU

Knowledge (nature)(DC 18)(Cannot Take 10):
These are girtabilus, devoted
guardians of ancient secrets, and as such, they may have useful information about the ancient ruins.

Ancient Temple Map

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Knowledge, Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Kargen gasps when he sees the creatures. "Those are girtabilus. They are known to guard ancient secrets. Whatever is here, they'll know something." He pauses. "And I bet they'll be ready to kill us to keep it safe."

The Hunter of Erastil casts a spell, sensing that they were near their quarry. "Let's see if they'll talk. Maybe we can convince them we're here on behalf of the Diamond Sage. If the Amethyst Jewel is here, or if Sinuhotep perished here, they might see us as friends."

Cast Herosim. +2 to attacks, saves, skills. Lasts for 70 minutes.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Kn (nat): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
"That storm outside is death for us as well." What magnificent creatures. The Wind's Wonders still grow the more I learn. "That sounds good to me."

Seaweed offers respect to the guardians, and lets them know that one much more powerful them us have sent us here. "She seeks one of her order, and powerful divinations have led us here. By the blessing of the Wind and Wave we have survived an unnatural desert storm. It's presence tells us we are on the right track, and our survival tells us Gozreh is with us.

[b]"We seek Sinuhotep. We believe he retreated here to pursue his study of immortality and we have a message from a former pupil of his. If he did not succeed is his research then we offer the new bearer a message from a leader of his former organization."
Diplomancy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

KnowNat: 1d20 + 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (19) + (2) + 12 = 33
Tytus just nods and waits for the others to speak!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen comes up with Seaweed to add his words. He bows to the two guardians. "Ancient ones, we have been asked by the Diamond Sage to find any hints of the Amethyst Jewel. We seek to help him reunite the jewels. Do you know anything about the whereabouts of one of the jewels?"

Diplomacy, aid (heroism): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19


The adventure provides that you must convince both girtabilus, and provides three ways (different for each) you can accomplish this. I can't find any guidance on how you know these are the ways, but...PFS.

The group can try each method once. Fail on all three with either sibling and the negotiation ends. You cannot take 10.

__________________________________________________

CONVINCING ANAHITA

Friend of Scorpions: Show the favor of the gods by commanding a scorpion.

Here for a Reason: Explain the importance of your mission (DC 30 Diplomacy check) (Sorta in progress on this one...)

Proof of Righteousness: DC 30 Bluff or Knowledge religion to convince Anahita that you are virtuous and know what it entails to enter such a holy place.

__________________________________________________

CONVINCING ARDASHIR

Boastful Story: Impress Ardasir of your prowess with a tale of your martial prowess. DC 30 Intimidate or Perform (oratory). The DC becomes 35 if the story is untrue.

Return Throw: Throw Ardashir's javelin back to him with equal accuracy. Ranged attack roll with a normal medium javelin vs. AC 20. -4 penalty due to range.

Weapon Drill: Impress Ardashir with a skillful weapons drill. Melee attack roll vs. AC 25, using your Charisma modifier rather than your usual ability score modifier.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

"Well we are tasked with understanding the past better. We are more than willing to trade stories for stories!"
aidDiplo: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22
He then grabs the javelin twirls it twice in his hand, studies the task ahead and throws it back
Throw Javelin,Hero,Inspir.StCo: 1d20 + 1d6 + 6 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + (4) + 6 + 4 + 2 - 4 = 28

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Dyson watches Tytus's expert throw with awe as he himself is not that capable with ranged weapons.

AidDiplo: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 well its an aid atleast

i might have a shot with knowledge religion if i roll well but otherwise we might have to bluff our way out if we fail the diplomacy check.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Can summon minor monster call vermin? With 15 minutes i can bring in scorpions that i can control


If you can summon them now, fine. But the guardians aren't going to wait around for 15 minutes to see if the gods favor you or not. On the Other hand, if either Seaweed or Lymwin can aid diplomacy successfully, you'd hit DC 30.

Ardashir, the male girtabilu, looks suitably impressed by Tytus's throw. He liooks to Anahita to see what she thinks...

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

I have no other options with vermin. No problem though. I already rolled diplomacy can't aid myself.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Anyone else try diplo, or know rel?


Lymwin can get you there, even though she is untrained in Diplomacy.

Change of plans: Since you're pretty close to convincing Anahita of your righteousness, she'll remain peaceful long enough to allow Seaweed to summon the scorpions.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 sigh well that ends that plan

Ive already aided for diplo sadly...hopefully lymwin can try and get use the aid we need.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed calls upon the power of Gozreh saying a long litany of prayers. When finished he cleric pulls the holy symbol of a leaf with a drop of water on it. The prayers take on a different tone, and the water drips from the life to splash on the floor . Each drip forms into a small exoskeleton, the outward splashes hardening into chitinous legs and a tall tail.

The 1d3 ⇒ 2 scorpions that form circle around the cleric, then reverse course and circle the entire party. Not finding any enemies of the cleric, the summoned creatures start climbing the walls toward the guardians. "This way," the former pirate calls commanding the creatures to head back down the wall and out into the gorge from which the pathfinders recently entered.

I hope this works. Or you could bot a roll for Lymwyn in her absence
EDIT: I must have not updated my skills on the online profile of Seaweed. The physical sheet shows a Kn (rel) of +4, sooo... I can make the roll, but I can not make the DC. Gozreh sent us, we are worthy, we are on a quest to serve the gods of the desert as well as their sages. KN (religion): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

Diplo Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 o.O
Kn. rel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Anahita relaxes and nods to Ardashir. The two lower their weapons and scuttle down to the sand.

"Very well," says Anahita. "You have shown yourselves worthy. We will answer your questions and permit you to pass."

"Here is the key said to open the vault," adds Ardashir, holding out an ancient, pitted black key.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen smiles, looking up at the guardians. "What exactly are you guarding? And what other guardians or traps lie beyond?"


“Our ancestors found this place over five thousand years ago. They noticed a corrupting influence within and deemed it necessary to keep intruders out so that the evil may not escape or grow. Foolish adventurers and tomb robbers dying in the temple would only feed it.”

“Because we are not allowed to enter the place, we don't know exactly. But according to our ancestors, it was once a temple. The religion or cult was destroyed long before our ancestors arrived, but an ancient evil presence lingered there, and it still does. The place is cursed—so our ancestors said. First it attacks your mind, then your body.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

"Well, it's a good thing we're neither foolish adventurers or tomb robbers." Kargen notes with a wry smile. "But thank you for the warning. We'll explore the temple and hopefully learn the history of the place."

Unless there's more, Kargen will open the door.

51 to 100 of 482 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PBP GameDay V] GM Tarondor's PFS Scenario 7-11: Ancient's Anguish [Tier 7-8] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.