[PBP GameDay V] GM Tarondor's PFS Scenario 7-11: Ancient's Anguish [Tier 7-8] (Inactive)

Game Master Tarondor

Ancient's Anguish Map

Ancient's Anguish - Library Research Reference


151 to 200 of 482 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

spellcraft:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Dyson points at the second table as he pieces together the arcane sigils. Those arcane symbols are for the spell vampiric touch so don't get to close."

Dyson moves over the table with the rows of tablets and takes a long hard look at the task before him.

"Well this will be interesting, I don't understand those languages. So ill start moving them to the tables for study."

Moving Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 is the bonus for pushing +4 or +5 you say +5 the link says +4. Just want to be sure regardless which is which

Dyson takes a brief break and looks at the others. "I forgot i have two uses of the spell comprehend languages if you cant understand either of these languages, does anyone need the spell casted on them.

spell will last 70 minutes


Dyson Veare wrote:
is the bonus for pushing +4 or +5 you say +5 the link says +4. Just want to be sure regardless which is which[/ooc]

The text says +5 and the handout says +4. I went looking and the author says it was originally +4 and was changed to +5, but the handout was not edited. So the answer is +5.

A word on the research. Yeah, you almost certainly can't complete it all. It's designed to make you sweat. You'd better make some good choices about where to start, what your priorities are and what roles to take. Good Luck!


Dyson, you need to declare which bookshelf you're working on and whether you're pushing yourself.


Dyson, you need to declare which bookshelf you're working on and whether you're pushing yourself.

____________________________________

PROGRESS, ROUND ONE

SHELF ONE
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF TWO
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF THREE
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FOUR
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FIVE
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SIX
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SEVEN
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Oops got sidetracked by the bonus difference and forgot to add which self. Dyson will do Bookshelf 3 and will not push.

Also thanks for the clarification regarding the bonus

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

Lymwin will try the first bookshelf with her Craft Alchemy skill.
Studying: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 well, that's 25% I think :(

Lymwin goes through the intelligence and you hear her say "Hm. and "Ah."


Good to have you back, Baerlie!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Lymwin, I believe we have to do the phases in order. So all that's available is to move tablets, currently. I suppose we should try to concentrate efforts on maybe 3 shelves to ensure we get them done.

Kargen hustles over to the southern room when he hears what has been found. Ok, let's try this one." He begins moving tablets to better examine them.

Str Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Yes, that's true. The tasks must be accomplished in order. No shelf may be catalogued until its materials are 100% moved and no shelf may be studied until it is 100% catalogued.

Lymwin, please submit new orders.

Kargan, what shelf are you working on?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Sorry, Shelf 7

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Drinking a fresh aa and heroism Tytus helps the alchemist with moving the first shelf.Str: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed moves to the seventh shelf and helps Kargen shift its contents. Not that the clerk has much strength for this sort of thing.
Str: 1d20 ⇒ 1

and to think, I couldn't even carry a shield the first time they sent me into the field.

and to think, the avuncular shield answers, if you carry on like this your bones get left and I'll be stuck in another library.


Okay, I screwed up. There are inscriptions on each bookshelf that tell you a little bit about the subject matter of each shelf. If you can read the Terran inscriptions, you can choose to retroactively shift your efforts to another shelf. Mea culpa.

Shelf One Inscription in Terran:
Art of Cosmetics

Shelf Two Inscription in Terran:
Art of Weaponry

Shelf Three Inscription in Terran:
Bitter and Sweet Secrets of Wisdom

Shelf Four Inscription in Terran:
Resolving of Enchantments

Shelf Five Inscription in Terran:
Secrets of Mirrors

Shelf Six Inscription in Terran:
Signs of the Clouds and the Earth

Shelf Seven Inscription in Terran:
Signs of the Sun and the Courses of the Moon


PROGRESS, ROUND ONE

SHELF ONE
Moving: 75% (Tytus)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF TWO
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF THREE
Moving: 50% (Dyson)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FOUR
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FIVE
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SIX
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SEVEN
Moving: 50% (Kargan and Seaweed)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

Lymwin, please let me know where you put your efforts in moving.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

No one has an Ant Haul or Enlarge Person spell, huh? That would likely make quick work of the moving.


Make sure you read BOTH my recent posts...

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59
GM Tarondor wrote:

There are inscriptions on each bookshelf that tell you a little bit about the subject matter of each shelf.

I can cast comprehend languages?

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus has a wand of enlarge person.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Dyson casts comprehend languages on himself to read the Terran inscriptions on each book case, that he missed before, and call out what it translates to for each one to the party.

"Hopefully we can figure out what those mean as we start getting more information."

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus will enlarge all who want to aid in helping to move

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

Oh, ups. I hope I got it correctly this time. Of course it does not make sense to study documents without gaining access to them first.

Lymwin drinks a mutagen (+4STR, -2CHA) and attempts to finishe the moving of shelf 1:
Str: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 = 22

mutagen lasts for 80 minutes


Lymwin Shinebug wrote:
Oh, ups. I hope I got it correctly this time.

I'm afraid not. Only one check can be made on any given shelf in any given 6-minute interval. When multiple people cooperate on the same shelf, the highest score is given precedence and any others are considered to be attempting an "Aid Another" action. Thus, if Lymwin tries to help Tytus on Shelf 1, her mighty 22 only becomes a +2 to his 25, meaning they get a combined total of 27, which is still not enough to lift the percentage from 75% finished to 100%.

Lymwin might be better off working on 2,4,5 or 6.

___________________________________________________________________________ __

Tytus, you can enlarge everyone in under 30 seconds, so I'm not going to count that against the 6 minute timer. Who, exactly, are you enlarging?

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"I don't need to be enlarged," the cleric says, but Seaweed will cast comprehend languages while Tytus casts enlarge person and scan the headings.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

#2, sorry for holding things up


PROGRESS, END OF ROUND ONE

SHELF ONE
Moving: 75% (Tytus)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF TWO
Moving: 50% (Lymwin)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF THREE
Moving: 50% (Dyson)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FOUR
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FIVE
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SIX
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SEVEN
Moving: 50% (Kargan and Seaweed)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

To keep this moving. I'm going to assume that Tytus spends four charges to enlarge himself, Kargen, Dyson and Lymwin.

TIME ELAPSED: 6 Minutes

__________________________________

As the entire temple begins to shake, dust and pebbles fallind down from the roof and pillars, Our Heroes continue to look for enlightenment among the ancient stone tablets laid down in the Age of Darkness.


Round TWO! Who's doing what?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

first time being enlarged, yay

Moving Shelf 3: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23 NOT pushing as there is no need to

An enlarged Dyson makes short work of moving the remaining files off the shelf and onto the table nearby in preparation for the next stage.

After putting the last file down Dyson notices the stone in his pocket is vibrating and pulls it out to look at it.

"Uhh guys is the stone supposed to be doing this? Is this why the temple is falling apart?"

a 20+ will get me 50% so i should be at 100%? or is their something else I need to do afterward to finish moving?

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Can´t enlarge himself! Tiefling!


Tytus Umbraeyes wrote:
Can´t enlarge himself! Tiefling!

Hilarious! So what do you do?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Kargen continues to grab tablets from Shelf 7 even as he grows in size. He's making quick work of the task.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


PROGRESS, ROUND TWO

SHELF ONE
Moving: 75%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF TWO
Moving: 50%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF THREE
Moving: 100% (Dyson)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FOUR
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FIVE
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SIX
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SEVEN
Moving: 100% (Kargan)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

TIME ELAPSED: 6 Minutes

__________________________________

Tytus, Lymwin and Seaweed. What're you doing? Remember, no shelf is fully moved until the end of this round, so no cataloging can begin yet.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

After casting a spell for comprehension, Seaweed translates the notes above the shelves. "The first one says'Art of Cosmetics' and the second says 'Art of Weaponry'. Number three is 'Bitter and Sweet Secrets of Wisdom' and 'Resolving of Enchantments' is the fourth. 'Secrets of Mirrors,' is next and the most interesting is 'Signs of the Clouds and the Earth.' The last one is Signs of the Sun and the Courses of the Moon.'" The cleric moves to the fourth shelf, "I think this is most likely what we need."

Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 13

I'll spend round three cataloging on the already moved shelf three.

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

Lymwin continues to move the shelf. #2
Str: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

But almost breaks her arm while doing so.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Move Shelf one. Str: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25


PROGRESS, END OF ROUND TWO

SHELF ONE - The Art of Cosmetics
Moving: 100% (Tytus)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF TWO - The Art of Weaponry
Moving: 50% (Lymwin)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF THREE - Bitter and Sweet Secrets of Wisdom
Moving: 100% (Dyson)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FOUR - Resolving of Enchantments
Moving: 0% (Seaweed)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FIVE - Secrets of Mirrors
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SIX - Signs of the Clouds and the Earth
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SEVEN - Signs of the Sun and the Courses of the Moon
Moving: 100% (Kargan)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

TIME ELAPSED: 12 Minutes

__________________________________

Okay. So now some shelves (1,3 and 7) are ready to be cataloged. Think carefully about which shelves you concentrate on and how you help each other. You can't possibly do it all.

Round Three! Go!

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

"I have one more casting of comprehend languages if someone wants and or needs it."

Im not sure what exactly we need to do here I know we need to catalogue all the stuff but what exactly are we looking for?

Dyson pauses for a moment and waits to see what the others do


That is an excellent question.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Inquisitor of Erastil 8 [hp 54/54; F+8, R+8, W+9 (+2 vs. charms); AC 22/15/17; Init +7, Perception +13, Sense Motive +15]

Ultimately, we're looking for the Amethyst gem. Alternatively, what happened to the Amethyst Sage is good, since that could tell us where the gem ended up. The Sage was researching immortality.

Actually, reviewing all that, it seems like the pillar, which radiates necromancy and has wires connected to a stone slab with a form of a man, seems far more connected to what the Sage would be interested in. The guardians also warned of an evil curse that would take our minds first.

Kargen abandons his shelf, hearing the titles of shelf 3 and 4. "Maybe Seaweed is right. These two seem to speak the most about enlightenment." He begins trying to catalog the various tables from shelf 3.

Perception (heroism): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33


GM Freebie the First: The shaking that's destroying the whole temple? It's caused by the violent shaking of that obsidian pillar in the other room.

GM Freebie the Second: The "rectangular depression" carved in the first table in the other room? The one surrounded by the runes in a dozen languages that say "Rebirth"? That depression is just the right size to accept one of the stone tablets found here in the library.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"I don't see any triplicates of forms, which means we won't have to sort the same document more than once. Let's start putting all these with this odd looking character in this pile. Let's call it Drang's character pile. Then look for anything with an edge... After filing for the decemvirate for more than a decade the Grand Lodge clerk quickly takes to the task.
cataloguing shelf 3 Pro (beaurocrat): 1d20 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 5 = 24

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

Seeing Kargen start to work on table 3 Dyson uses his second comprehend languages spell on him to aid in his attempts to catalogue the piles.

would use my 1st level pearl of power to regain my casting of comprehend languages in order to cast it again, this time on Kargen

Dyson then leaves table three to Kargen and seaweed who are already sorting thru with speed far greater then he would ever be capable of matching.

Strength - Moving Table 4: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 will push if someone else is able to make headway on this table

Dyson's earlier strength seems to desert him for a bit as even enlarged he struggles to move the files.


Lymwin and Tytus?

Liberty's Edge

Female Gnome Alchemist 8 HP 15/59; AC 23; TCH 16; FF 19; F +9; R +11; W +6; CMB+6; CMD 21; Speed 15FT; Init +2; Bombs 13/13; Alch. F. 10/10; Perception +12

Lymwin pushes the big shelf again.
Str: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11 -.-

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59
Dyson Veare wrote:

would use my 1st level pearl of power to regain my casting of comprehend languages in order to cast it again, this time on Kargen

Seaweed has had prepared comprehend languages, so you only need one for yourself (unless someone else wants it).

Silver Crusade

Male Human Cleric 5/Evangelist 3 | HP 51/51 | AC:21 / T:11 / FF:20 / F: +6 / R: +3 / W: +10 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Speed 30 | Init: +0 | Perc: +18 |

i used my first one one myself was giving Kargen one since he was in the research phase. If you have it prepared and are going to cast it on Kargen let me know and i can change my spell usage.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

negative: Seaweed cast on Seaweed.


I'll give Tytus a little more time.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus tries to catalogue the first shelf.
Perc,no terran or osirion: 1d20 + 1d6 + 22 ⇒ (14) + (5) + 22 = 41
Daddy loves his dice. I think that means... catlogue is done?
After seeing the drepression Tytus ponders for a moment. "Well, sowing is a way of rebirthing? I mean you take dead things, like appleseeds, you plant them in the ground and a living tree will grow?"


Tytus suffers a -5 penalty for speaking neither Terran nor ancient Osirion. However, a 36 still does the trick nicely!

Seaweed, you said you were cataloging Shelf Three, but Kargen had just achieved a 100% success there, so with your permission, I'm moving you to the only shelf still capable of being cataloged, Shelf 7. Otherwise your efforts would be wasted.

PROGRESS, END OF ROUND THREE

SHELF ONE - The Art of Cosmetics
Moving: 100%
Cataloging: 100% (Tytus)
Studying: 0%

SHELF TWO - The Art of Weaponry
Moving: 50% (Lymwin)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF THREE - Bitter and Sweet Secrets of Wisdom
Moving: 100%
Cataloging: 100% (Kargen)
Studying: 0%

SHELF FOUR - Resolving of Enchantments
Moving: 0% (Dyson)
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF FIVE - Secrets of Mirrors
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SIX - Signs of the Clouds and the Earth
Moving: 0%
Cataloging: 0%
Studying: 0%

SHELF SEVEN - Signs of the Sun and the Courses of the Moon
Moving: 100%
Cataloging: 50% (Seaweed)
Studying: 0%

TIME ELAPSED: 18 Minutes

__________________________________

Round Four! Consider where your efforts are best spent! Go!

Also, be sure to look again at the Player's Handout. Each of the shelves has skills you might use that aren't Perception.

__________________________________

ACTIVE SPELLS

Your enlarge person spells should have worn off. But Kargen, Dyson and Seweed all have comprehend languages up and so each gain a +5 to cataloging and studying because they understand both Terran and ancient Osirion. Lywmin and Tytus have a -5 because they understand neither.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Aye, Shelf 7. Let's get some movers to shelf four though. "I wonder if I can I fit any of these into my handy haversack?" I will gladly leave behind a fish-hook & trail rations to get some of the uncatalogued stuff out.

151 to 200 of 482 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PBP GameDay V] GM Tarondor's PFS Scenario 7-11: Ancient's Anguish [Tier 7-8] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.