Outpost Starfinder Society The Commencement (Inactive)

Game Master Hayato Ken

Maps and Info


301 to 350 of 380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none

All right then... Argon will keep shooting at Ratrod unless Orsis or Nyizin pull a significant lead over Ratrod.

Round 2

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5

Round 3

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 = 9

Round 4

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 2 = 6

Round 5

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4

Wow... the RNG really loves me today.

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 3/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 0/27 HP 29/29 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +6, Diplomacy +5 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +9, Medicine +6, Mysticism +8, Piloting +8, Survival +3 * w/o armor

Lightfoot will also shoot a kinetic weapon at Ratrod unless either Orsis or Nyizin pulls a significant lead over Ratrod.

Round 2:

Ranged attack v Ratrod’s KAC): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 2 = 10

Round 3:

Ranged attack v Ratrod’s KAC): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 2 = 14

Round 4:

Ranged attack v Ratrod’s KAC): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 2 = 15

Round 5:
Ranged attack v Ratrod’s KAC): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 = 9


Delta-5 bot in progress

Delta-5 takes the other energy weapons and begins firing! They target Orsis or Nyizin -- which ever of those two is in the lead.

Round 1 Energy vs. Orsis or Nyizin: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15
Round 2 Energy vs. Orsis or Nyizin: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 = 16
Round 3 Energy vs. Orsis or Nyizin: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 2 = 18
Round 4 Energy vs. Orsis or Nyizin: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 = 22
Round 5 Energy vs. Orsis or Nyizin: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 5

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 4 | SP 44/44 HP 38/38 | RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft | Mode: Unattuned| Active conditions: None

Realized that Zeyram has a weapon to fire as well

Zeyram decides to fire at Ratrod with all of his shots.

Round 1 Kinetic Weapon vs Ratrod: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 2 = 9
Round 2 Kinetic Weapon vs Ratrod: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 2 = 18
Round 3 Kinetic Weapon vs Ratrod: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 = 14
Round 4 Kinetic Weapon vs Ratrod: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 = 20
Round 5 Kinetic Weapon vs Ratrod: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 2 = 12


Ratrod Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Ratrod Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Ratrod Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Ratrod Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Orsis Shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Orsis Shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Orsis Shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Orsis Shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Someone of you wants to roll Lemgem and Velocity? Both Piloting and weapons? Lemgem can roll a d4 each round boosting speed and Velocity actually has 2 weapons to fire.

Ratrod Piloting: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
Ratrod Piloting: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18
Ratrod Piloting: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25
Ratrod Piloting: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20
Ratrod Piloting: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29

Orsis Piloting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
Orsis Piloting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
Orsis Piloting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Orsis Piloting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Orsis Piloting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

Nyizin Piloting: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22
Nyizin Piloting: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10
Nyizin Piloting: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 = 19
Nyizin Piloting: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 = 19
Nyizin Piloting: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 4 = 24

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none
Hayato Ken wrote:
Someone of you wants to roll Lemgem and Velocity? Both Piloting and weapons? Lemgem can roll a d4 each round boosting speed and Velocity actually has 2 weapons to fire.

What are their bonuses to piloting and to-hit?


LEMGEM (FEMALE FEYCHILD GNOME TECHNOMANCER)
Skills Piloting +4; Ranged Attack Bonus +4; Special Due to her erratic driving, roll a d4 at the start of Lemgem’s turn; on a result of 3 or 4, the vehicle gains a 10-foot bonus to speed (vehicle speed resets at the end of the round).
If persuaded into an alliance, Lemgem agrees to take second place and does her best to weaken the position of racers ahead of Laboni’s vehicle.

BULKY JUNKRACER
Speed 50 ft., full 500 ft.
EAC 10; KAC 14
Attack kinetic weapon (–4 to
Piloting)
Modifiers +2 Piloting, –3 attack
Passengers 1

VELOCITY (NONBINARY ANDROID ENVOY)
Skills Piloting +10; Ranged Attack Bonus +7; Special Velocity’s vehicle has a 10-foot penalty to speed, but has an additional basic kinetic weapon is installed.
If persuaded in this manner, Velocity positions themself to take second place in the race and directs their weapons against anyone in front of Laboni’s junkracer.

WELL-ARMED JUNKRACER
Speed 50 ft., full 500 ft.
EAC 10; KAC 12
Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting), kinetic weapon (–6
to Piloting)
Modifiers +2 Piloting, –3 attack
Passengers 1

Velocity has 3 weapons actually...
You won both over, so consider that.

I'm summarizing all numbers in an excel sheet, post it to maps and then make a describing post.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lemgem

Round 1
Attack Nyizin: 1d20 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 3 = 7
Pilot: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
Speed boost: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Round 2
Attack Ratrod: 1d20 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 3 = 4
Pilot: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Speed boost: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Round 3
Attack Orsis: 1d20 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 3 = 15
Pilot: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23
Speed boost: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Round 4
Attack Leader that isn't ally: 1d20 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 3 = 12
Pilot: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
Speed boost: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Round 5
Attack Leader that isn't ally: 1d20 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 3 = 16
Pilot: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
Speed boost: 1d4 ⇒ 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Velocity

Round 1
Attack Energy Nyizin: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 3 = 12
Attack Kinetic Orsis: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 3 = 11
Attack Kinetic Ratrod: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 3 = 7
Pilot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20

Round 2
Attack Energy Nyizin: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 3 = 21
Attack Kinetic Orsis: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 3 = 22
Attack Kinetic Ratrod: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 3 = 24
Pilot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27

Round 3
Attack Energy Nyizin: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 3 = 16
Attack Kinetic Orsis: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 3 = 20
Attack Kinetic Ratrod: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 3 = 17
Pilot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25

Round 4
Attack Energy Leader between Nyizin or Orsis: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 3 = 17
Attack Kinetic Ratrod: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 3 = 23
Attack Kinetic Ratrod: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 3 = 15
Pilot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21

Round 5
Attack Energy Leader between Nyizin or Orsis: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 3 = 9
Attack Kinetic Ratrod: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 3 = 11
Attack Kinetic Ratrod: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 3 = 13
Pilot: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

GM Hmm’s Status Tracking (for her own personal sanity):

Bonuses to Laboni
Extra Kinetic Weapons - 3
Extra Energy Weapon - 1
Weapon Targeting - 1 (reduces all weapons from -3 to -2)
Speed Increments - 5 (+25 for a total of 65/round)
Improve EAC - 1 (EAC 12)
Improve KaC - 1 (KAC 14)

Sabotage to Ratrod - 1 (-4 to piloting)

Social Time
Socialized Everyone, Intimidated Ratrod

RESULTS OF THE FIRST FIVE ROUNDS:

ROUND ONE
Shooti-shoot
Osiris shot at Nyzin and missed! Ratrod shows what an expert shooter he is and hits the party for -4 to piloting! Argon, Lightfoot and Knows-no-Bounds shoots at Ratrod and misses! Zeyram misses! Blibdoolpoolp fires at Orsis and misses — It was just a warning shot! Delta 5 shoots at Orsis for a -4 to piloting.

Round one - Piloting

Our first piloting check is a 33-4 for a 29! Zeyram easily keeps control of the vehicle!

Ratrod’s piloting total was a total of 19, which is reduced to a 15 because of sabotage. He fails his piloting check and crashes in the very first round! He moves at half speed as he pulls away from the wall!

Orsis had 20 piloting, which reduces to a 16. Still, a success.

Nyzin had a 22 piloting and in the clear.

Speed

Ratrod forward 275 feet!
Orsis and Nyzin are neck and neck at 500 feet
Laboni in the lead at 650 feet!

ROUND TWO

Shooti-shoot!
Blibdilpoolp misses! Knows-no-Bounds hits Ratrod! Argon misses! Lightfoot miss! Delta 5 hits Nyzin! Zeyram hits Ratrod!

Ratrod hits us for -4 to piloting. Orsis’s shot goes wild.

Piloting
Zeyrams at a 28-4=24, still a success!
Ratrod’s piloting: 18-4 (sabotage) -8 for hits = 6. He crashes to the wall and fails to move!

Orsis’s piloting: 22 — success
Nyzin’s piloting: 10 -4 — Crashes into the wall and stops moving this turn

Speed
Ratrod stalled - 0
Orsis - 500 feet
Nyzin - 0 feet, stalled
Laboni in the lead at 650 feet!

ROUND THREE

Shooti-shoot!
Blidilpoolp misses! Knows-no-Bounds misses Ratrod! Argon misses! Lightfoot hits Ratrod for -4 to piloting! Delta 5 hits Orsis! Zeyram hits Ratrod!

Ratrod misses! Orsis hits us for -4 to piloting.

Piloting
Zeyram’s a 24-4=20. Success!

Ratrod’s piloting = 25-4 (sabotage) -8 (hits) = 13
He crashes into the wall again but keeps going!

Orsis’s piloting = 11 -4 = 7
He crashes into a wall but keeps going.

Nyzin’s Piloting =19 Success!

Speed
Ratrod: 275
Orsis: 250
Nyzin: 500
Laboni: 650

ROUND FOUR

Shooti-shoot!
Blibdilpoolp hits Orsis! Knows-no-Bounds misses Ratrod! Argon misses! Lightfoot hits Ratrod -4 to piloting! Delta 4 hits Nyzin! Zeyram hits Ratrod!

Ratrod misses and Orsis hits!

Piloting
Zeyram’s a 20-4=Success

Ratrod’s piloting = 20 -4 (sabotage) -8 (hits)
He crashes into the wall but keeps going!

Orsis plioting is 21-4 = 17 success!

Nyzin piloting = 19-4 = crash into wall, but keep going

Speed
Ratrod 275
Orsis 500
Nyzin 250
Laboni 650

ROUND FIVE

Shooti-shoot!
Blibdilpoolp hits Orsis! Knows-no-Bounds misses Ratrod! Argon misses! Lightfoot misses! Delta 5 misses! Zeyram misses Ratrod!

Ratrod hits, Orsis misses!

Piloting
Zeyram’s a 19-4 — crashes into the wall at half speed, but enables the boosters because the finish line is in sight!

Ratrod shows some dignity in the last round. 29 piloting - 4 (sabotage) = 25. He gracefully makes his full speed this round.

Orsis crashes into the wall and does not move this turn!

Nyzin goes full speed!

Speed

Laboni - 325 x 2 = 650
Ratrod - 550
Orsis - 0
Nyzin - 500

In Round 5, Zeyram enables the booster while chewing up the wall!

What an exciting race this is! The crowd goes wild as there’s a ton of shooting and crashes of various pilots into the wall! Poor Ratrod crashes multiple times, but maintains his dignity at the end! Zeyram as pilot develops an early on commanding lead with the help of his team, and though he crashes into the wall in the final lap, he engages the turbo engines for speed and still manages to cross the line!

Woot! Go team! This mission is a success!

TOTALS:
Ratrod 1375
Orsis 1750
Nyzin 1750
Velocity: 2500
Lemgem: 2675
Laboni 3250 !!!

Reporters and fans swarm Laboni and the rest of the crew! Do you say any cute soundbites?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Nonbinary NEED TO FINALIZE WHEN LEVELING Barathu Biotechnician Mystic | SP 7/7, HP 12/12 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +7 | Sense Motive +7 | RP 1/4

Blibdoolpoolp embraces Laboni in a many-tentacled hug, "Congratulations Laboni! You've shown how the spirit of innovation and excellence burns on in the Starfinder Society, that even in the darkest night...." Unfortunately for reporters looking for a soundbite, her telepathic broadcast doesn't transmit well, and the only audio is the somewhat damp hug.

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 3/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 0/27 HP 29/29 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +6, Diplomacy +5 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +9, Medicine +6, Mysticism +8, Piloting +8, Survival +3 * w/o armor

"Thank the Dawnflower that no one was truly hurt." Lightfoot offers. "Although Laboni won the race, the other competitors should each be congratulated for doing their best."

"We would all do well to remember that there is no 'I' in junk race." Lightfoot flashes a smile to his fellow Starfinders.

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none

"Not only did Laboni win, but Ratrod finished last. I expected him to do better."

Argon-42 turns to Laboni. "Congratulations. You have won and the reputation of the Starfinders is secure. We would remain with you to celebrate, but we have another task awaiting us."

We still have the Exo-Guardians mission. It shouldn't take long.

Acquisitives

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 3 | SP 15 HP 19 | RP 4 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +3; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

At Argon-42's comment, Delta-5 smirks, then starts to snicker and just covers his face. He opts not to comment on the outcome of the race.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 4 | SP 44/44 HP 38/38 | RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft | Mode: Unattuned| Active conditions: None

When someone asks Zeyram for a comment, he mentions “There is no such thing as too much speed or too many guns! I am proud to have helped Lamboni demonstrate this.

Once there is a break in the crowd, Zeyram approaches Laboni and whispers something to them.
Now is a good time to make peace with Ratrod. Apologize for your statements and show we Starfinders have class.

He makes a gesture towards the crowd.

There are a lot of Ysoki In the crowd, consider it a recruiting opportunity.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

Knows joyfully claps Laboni on the shoulder in celebration of their victory: "Looks like we found a star. A job well-completed!"

He turns to his companions: "Am proud of us! Well-scavenged, sabotaged, and piloted. Surprised that thing could race with all those guns!"


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Laboni colors at the thought of approaching Ratrod. “Go to R-r-ratrod? M-me?”

But she takes a deep breath, smooths down her racing jump suit, and approaches the scarred and brash Ysoki pilot. Ratrod looks up at her. “Come to gloat?” he asks, looking at his banged up pod.

“N-no. I’ve c-come to apologize. I said t-terrible things about you before the race, but the truth of the m-matter was that I was jealous of a legend.” The reporters and camera drones gather, recording every word of Laboni’s speech. “B-but being in that Pod today made me realize just how much c-class and g-guts you have. Even when you c-crashed, you k-kept going. It was an honor to c-compete with you.”

Ratrod’s whiskers twitch. “Well, I’ll be. There’s hope for you yet kid. Next time we meet, I will CRUSH you in the RACE!” Then he grins. “But that’s next time. Enjoy your victory.”

“Next time?!” Laboni grins. “D-damn right there’ll be a next time! Starfinders don’t QUIT!”

The largely ysoki audience goes wild, and sweeps you into a party with tons of delicious foods from ysoki vendors — including smoked tank fish, cheeses, and vat grown fruits and booze — and the race organizers present the Starfinder Team with a banged up trophy!

In addition the Salvage Union, impressed with both the racing performance and the apology, sends in its representatives. “Hey kid... You got the makings of a star. How’d you like to be a regular racer? The drama’s been good for ratings, and your apology looked good too!” In addition to the prize money, the ysoki-run Salvage union provides your team with some excellent salvaged items, including a near-mint set of graphite carbon armor.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Back in Radaszam’s offices, the Vesk glances at footage of Laboni and Ratrod, each issuing challenges to one another. “Heh. We may have created a monster here... Laboni wants to stay on as a regular on Ratrod’s show.” He shrugs. “Still... it’s good publicity, and has strengthened our ties with the Salvage Union.”

The Vesk looks pleased as he arranges the trophy on a prominent place on his desk. “All that news coverage, and the footage looked great! So many guns! So much shooting! All those crazy crashes!” Then he shakes your hands. “And so clever of you to arrange to crash yourselves at the very end, just to make your exit dramatic! That’s going out in style!”

Does anyone want to wear that Graphite Carbon suit?


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

MISSION 4: The Exo-Guardians Mission

Your mission with Radaszam completed, it’s time to head off to the Exo-Guardians, and find out what mission they have for you. The Exo-Guardians do not currently have a headquarters on Absalom Station, but their leader, Zigvigix, a Shirren host soldier, resides in the poor but trendy neighborhood of Downlow.

Garbage litters the ground around the district's largest art park—a cement lot filled with undulating metal sculptures and covered in graffiti of grotesquely adorable creatures. The sounds of music and chatter drift over from the nearby clubs, chronically interrupted by the roar of the local gangsters' engines. A heavily augmented host shirren is sitting on one of the park benches, eating a simple meal of cold grub-noodles and rice candy. Their antennae perk up at the tremor of approaching footsteps. Welcome, new Starfinders! And congratulations! the shirren's voice telepathically projects. My speech-name is Zigvigix, but feel free to call me Ziggy, if that would be easier for you. Have some rice candy to celebrate your graduation! Today is your big day!

They hand out several bowls of rice candy in a variety of flavors: honey, cinnamon, aniseed, ertis oil, citrus, akiton cactus, violets, pepper, lavendar, wasabi and pecan. There’s also some candies with pink wrappers, the letters ‘SMC’ and a picture of some cute girls singing on the front. They look at you expentantly. Aren’t you going to have any? Oh, and if you could introduce yourselves to me, that would be great! I love to meet all the new Starfinders!

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 3/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 0/27 HP 29/29 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +6, Diplomacy +5 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +9, Medicine +6, Mysticism +8, Piloting +8, Survival +3 * w/o armor

Rozzicheep graciously accepts a piece of rice candy. Finding that it is flavored with akiton cactus, he begins to greedily grab a handful, before realizing that he is being gluttonous and, possibly, impolite. He drops the contents of his hand back into the bowl.

"Greetings, most honored Zigvigix. I am most humbled to meet you. I am Rozzicheep Bernnshaw, though my friends call me "Lightfoot" and I would be quite honored if you were to do the same." The ysoki, armed only with a dueling blade and wearing bright armor adorned with symbols of the Sarenrae, takes a deep bow. "Your offering of these delightful candies is most generous and we are grateful for an opportunity to provide you with assistance on this quite momentous of occasions, the time of our Commencement."

"Please do tell us," Lightfoot asks as he raises himself back to full height. "In what manner may we be of service to you?"


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Oh, I love the nickname ‘Lightfoot’! Please, call me Ziggy. Those cactus candies are the best! Such a light, subtle flavor! Ziggy beams at the ysoki, and continues to hand out candy.

Feel free to continue with the in-character introductions as you post. It’ll give me a chance to get to know all of you!

Once the candy’s passed out, Ziggy’s anntenae lift. When you are ready, I have two assignments I could use assistance with. The first is to help me secure a new headquarters on Absalom Station. I've been in talks with our station's protectors, the Stewards, and they were kind enough to give us ownership of a warehouse here in Downlow for that purpose! The current owners no longer want it because a vicious alien took it over and kills anyone who goes inside. Once the alien is gone and the warehouse cargo has been returned to its owners, we can start installing desks and computers, so please go in and incinerate the creature!

My second assignment... Zigvigix twitches their tooth barbs for a moment and then holds out a credstick. Please buy the brand-new Strawberry Machine Cake album, Star Sugar Heartlove!!!, which is out today, and give it to Historia-7 when you see her. She is the head of the Dataphiles, so you should meet her today! I wish to do it myself, but I... I have trouble standing for long periods of time. Thank you very much!

As Ziggy talks about Strawberry Machine Cake, they wave around one of the pink candies with the SMC wrapper. This is soooo exciting, that my favorite rice candy vendor even came out with a commemorative candy today to mark the occasion!

Sense Motive DC 17:
Ziggy badly wants their own album, but is selflessly offering their cash for Historia’s gift.

Do you have any questions for me?

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 4 | SP 44/44 HP 38/38 | RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft | Mode: Unattuned| Active conditions: None

Zeyram looks the offering over before taking a couple. He takes one of the pecan flavored ones and one of the ones labeled SMC.

He looks curiously at the one with the SMC label, clearly puzzled by it.

Turning to the Shirren, he says “Thank you, Ziggy. I am Zeyram, a pilot trained on the Idari. It is a pleasure to meet you.

He unwraps the SMC candy and carefully shifts it under his scarf. “Thank you for the unfamiliar treats as well!

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Zeyram listens carefully to the briefing, but seems oblivious to any subtext.

Strawberry Machine Cake? What a strange combination! Evidently some sort of music group.

Is there any security footage of the creature attacking? Do you know what sort of creature it is?

I do not think I’ve heard any of the music from Strawberry Machine Cake. What sort of music do they perform?

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG ysoki priest soldier 3/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 0/27 HP 29/29 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +6, Diplomacy +5 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +9, Medicine +6, Mysticism +8, Piloting +8, Survival +3 * w/o armor
GM Hmm wrote:
Oh, I love the nickname ‘Lightfoot’! Please, call me Ziggy. Those cactus candies are the best! Such a light, subtle flavor! Ziggy beams at the ysoki, and continues to hand out candy.

"Very well, Ziggy it is." Lightfoot replies. "As for my nickname, it was imparted to me due, in no small part, due to my devotion to the Dawnflower."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

GM Hmm wrote:
Do you have any questions for me?

"We have already ventured to see Historia-7 as part of our Commencement, but would endeavor to obtain a copy of the album you seek and deliver it to her as quickly as we are able. But should we not deal with the threatening creature first?"

Following a response, Lightfoot continues, "What information can you provide us regarding this creature? By what manner does it do harm?"

When a response is forthcoming (assuming such comments are appropriate), "Oh, your descriptions of the creature's killing capacities sound most horrendous! Surely, it must no longer be permitted to pose a threat! But do tell, while I, as a servant of the Dawnflower, recognize the value of fire and flame, both as a weapon and a means of purification, why is it, exactly, that you have requested that we incinerate the creature? Furthermore, if we can no vanquish the threat without relieving it of its life-force, should we not endeavor to do so? Does the Society or its allies not have means to hold such a beast in captivity or to release it where it can no longer present any harm?”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nonbinary NEED TO FINALIZE WHEN LEVELING Barathu Biotechnician Mystic | SP 7/7, HP 12/12 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +7 | Sense Motive +7 | RP 1/4

Blibdoolpoolp watches the other agents carefully to make sure she doesn't take too many more than is polite, then extends a tendril to snag the ertis oil and wasabi candies.

Delightful! Oh, and mySelf is Blibdoolpoolp. Explorer and Protector!

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

"Am Knows-No-Bounds, name is sometimes for my enthusiasm, my ignorance, or possibly my appetite! Was cook-in-training, now Starfinder-in-training. Soon to be Starfinder-not-in-training if we continue to excel!" He drums his fingers on his belly as he eyes up the candies, eventually selecting three of the strongest-flavoured ones. He slowly eats them one-by-one, face screwed up in analysis at each flavour. The wasabi one elicts a grin and a hearty snort. "Ooh, is like a fire inside my nose! Many thanks, Ziggy."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 4 + (4) = 27

"Historia-7 must be the greatest of friends for you to give her such a gift! Why do you not give it to her yourself? Music - like food - is better shared together."

His grin fades as he stops to consider the first request. "What is this strange creature? We have had success already in capturing - no - rescuing a poor lost alien. Is there not some habitat for this one? How many has it killed?"

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none

Argon-42 looks Zigvigix up and down. "Hello, Ziggy. I am Argon-42. I am happy to be of use to you. My principal field is computers."

She looks over the rice candies. "Ah, thank you. Sugar triggers a pleasing dopamine response." She picks one at random and pops it in her mouth. Suddenly she looks quite startled and the circuit lines one her face glow for a moment. She looks at the label. "Ah... this 'Wasabi' is very... strong. Not what I expected."

She shakes her head.

"I do have several questions."

You can practically hear the bullet points as Argon-42 speaks.

  • "One: Do you wish this creature captured alive?"
  • "Two: Do you have any data on the creature and will you share it?"
  • "Three: Why not simply download the album when it arrives in the infosphere?"


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

This isn’t a misunderstood alien. It’s dangerous! Let me share what I know of the creature. Ziggy plays some security holorecordings of a strange looking pink feathery creature with a distinctly malevolent look in its eyes as a rough looking trio of two humans and one vesk run from it. The creature drags a fourth corpse away out of sight of the cameral. The creature is a feather stalker, a predator far more unpleasant than its name implies. As far as the Stewards have been able to piece together, a two-bit crime lord illegally imported the creature, and the beast promptly ate him!

As you study the footage, some of you might be able to make guesses about the sort of feather stalker you’re watching.

GM Screen:
Secret Rolls!: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 4) = 10

Life Science 18:
Feather stalkers have all sorts of mutations! It’s rare to find two feather stalkers that share the same characteristics! That said, this Feather stalker appears to have both a melee feathery appendage that it uses to whack its opponents, and a feathery harpoon that it can shoot at people. Allergic reactions to the feathery appendage are common — victims can get sickened after getting hit with it. In addition this strain of feather stalker comes from a wooded area known for forest fires, and so carries a resistance to fire attacks.

Once done showing the footage, Ziggy looks surprised by Zeyram’s comment. They gush, Oh! You haven’t heard Strawberry Machine Cake’s music? They have so many amazing songs! They must have the very best song writers ever! Ziggy goes tearing through their pack, until they find a mobile drone equipped with speakers. Let me play some for you!


5 people marked this as a favorite.

♫ Where have the Starfinders gone
Out beyond the Scoured Stars?
Where’s First Seeker Jadnura’s call to take us all afar?
Isn’t there a Star Knight — with a zone of truth?
Late at night I seek and rue
The lost dreams of my youth

I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes dashing and bright
They’ve gotta be strong
And they’ve gotta be fast
And they’ve gotta be fresh from the fight
I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes to lead us to light
They’ve gotta be sure
And they’ve gotta be soon
And they’ve gotta lead us out right!
Lead us to right!

Somewhere beyond the stars
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond our reach
The lost ones, waiting to be free
Racing on the drift and rising from defeat
It’s gonna take Starfinders to dance us to the beat

I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes dashing and bright
They’ve gotta be strong
And they’ve gotta be fast
And they’ve gotta be fresh from the fight
I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes to lead us to light
They’ve gotta be sure
And they’ve gotta be soon
And they’ve gotta help us all fight!
I need some heroes
I'm holding out for some heroes giving us wings for flight

Down where Absalom’s Spike meets its Eye up above
Out where our stations’s arms extend their embrace
I could swear there’s someone watching us
Out in space
Through the drift, and the chill and the void
The Pact worlds and their moons
I can feel your strength, your armor alloyed

I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes dashing and bright
They’ve gotta be strong
And they’ve gotta be fast
And they’ve gotta be fresh from the fight
I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes to lead us to light
They’ve gotta be sure
And they’ve gotta be soon
And they’ve gotta help us all fight!

I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes dashing and bright
They’ve gotta be strong
And they’ve gotta be fast
And they’ve gotta be fresh from the fight
I need some heroes
I’m holding out for some heroes to lead us to light
They’ve gotta be sure
And they’ve gotta be soon
And they’ve gotta treat us all right! ♫


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Ziggy dances to the music, antennae quivering with delight, as they telepathically ‘sing’ along with the song’s chorus. I need some heroes! Once they’re done bouncing to the very cheery music of Strawberry Machine Cake, they turn once again to you.

Historia-7 has seemed down after losing her mentor, Jadnura, in the Scoured Stars. I hope their cheery music can cheer her up! Zigvigix smiles gently. The band's music always makes me feel better!

Ziggy goes on to gush about favorite songs. Did you hear the one they did about batteries? Genius! They connected mundane power to a paeon of joy and all the things that make life worth living!

And this is the first time they’ll be releasing a physical album, one you can touch and hold, and maybe some day get signed by the band! I regret that I can’t hear the newest releases, as I find it incredibly difficult to stand in the long lines. But I hope this will make Historia so happy, and I want to share the joy of Strawberry Machine Cake with her! Wait for digital download? No, we must get her a physical copy!


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

I will let you decide how you go about this. Do you go to the Warehouse, or do you go off to secure the oh so important Strawberry Machine Cake album, Star Sugar Heartlove!!! first? If you go off to secure Strawberry Machine Cake’s album, tell me how you do it. Do you wait in line, or do you come up with an alternate scheme? The floor is now yours!

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 4 | SP 44/44 HP 38/38 | RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft | Mode: Unattuned| Active conditions: None

Zeyram knows nothing of use about these feather-stalker creatures.

Zeyram’s head starts bobbing and his feet tap in time with the music as Ziggy plays it.

Once the song is done, he says “Thank you, Ziggy. That is certainly some energetic music! I may pick up a copy of this album for myself.

If nothing else, it should be good for the cultural content.

It seems clear we should deal with this creature first! Then hopefully we will be able to get a copy of the album for Historia-7.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Nonbinary NEED TO FINALIZE WHEN LEVELING Barathu Biotechnician Mystic | SP 7/7, HP 12/12 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +7 | Sense Motive +7 | RP 1/4

Blibdoolpoolp visibly seems to almost retract as Ziggy begins blasting Strawberry Machine Cake. Oh. How nice.
My children would probably love this.... music...

Do you know if they'll be playing the album at the store?

Wayfinders

Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

Life Science: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Feather stalker?" he watches the footage with both fascination and distaste. "Am not seeing any other path but killing. A predator for sure, I think. Am not certain about this and many things. Though would think fire would burn its feathers most effectively."

He lets out a sigh, and turns to the others with a shrug: "Perhaps we should begin with warehouse? Then can feel better by listening to music afterwards. So long as we are not covered with blood: would make standing in line awkward."

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 4 | SP 44/44 HP 38/38 | RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft | Mode: Unattuned| Active conditions: None

With a chuckle, Zeyram says “There is a simple solution to that. Don’t get hurt!

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG ysoki priest soldier 3/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 0/27 HP 29/29 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +6, Diplomacy +5 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +9, Medicine +6, Mysticism +8, Piloting +8, Survival +3 * w/o armor

"I much prefer more classical music, such as hymns to the Dawnflower, but I must admit, it is somewhat catchy." Lightfoot says, as he catches himself unconsciously tapping his foot to the beat.

"I can get behind any song that calls for heroes and inspires one to do good. How much does this album cost, I wonder?" Lightfoot contemplates aloud. "Perhaps, we could spare some credits to secure the services of a young page or some one else seeking temporary employment and have them stand in line for album while we deal with the feather stalker."

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 3 | SP 15 HP 19 | RP 4 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +3; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Delta-5 eyes Ziggy with a passive, bored expression. He gives a short nod in introduction. "Delta-5. I do rifles. And computers. And ships."

"Sounds pretty easy. Blasting stuff is always easy. Standing in line should be even easier."

life science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Heh, we don't wanna try to incinerate this bugger though. He looks to me like he's pretty used to fire." He pulls out the frostbite zero rifle. "How convenient."

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none

Not going to bother rolling Life Science after that... :)

"The creature has already killed. We must be careful. I believe I ought to upgrade my weapon first."

Ready to go, but I want to do some shopping first. Just want a tactical semi-auto and some bullets to replace my needler.


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

The group may pick up whatever they like enroute to the warehouse. Do you hire a page to stand in line for you? He’ll charge you 20 credits for the privelege. Or do you want to come up with some other scheme between now and then?

The Warehouse is only three floors below the Park where Ziggy met you in the Downbelow. They’re right that this looks to be a solid location — the neighborhood feels poor, but upbeat, and it’s clear that the local gangs take pride in the area. There’s hardly any trash, the wall murals are cheery and many of the apartments have container gardens in their windows. Several bored looking station security guards stand outside a force barrier set up around the perimeter of the warehouse. “Halt. Identify yourselves. What’s your business here?” She’s an Ysoki, and she looks at all of you suspiciously. “This area’s quarantined. If you don’t have business here, you’d best be on your way.” Behind her, you can get a glimpse into the warehouse, as the doors to the warehouse were forced open and no longer lock. Still the light inside is dim, and all you glimpse are high ceilings and a catwalk.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG ysoki priest soldier 3/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 0/27 HP 29/29 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +6, Diplomacy +5 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +9, Medicine +6, Mysticism +8, Piloting +8, Survival +3 * w/o armor

Lightfoot has 3 starting credits. I don't recall if we've acquired any since then. Do we have any scrap from the junk race to sell?

"Your pardon, my lady, you must be among the Stewards." Lightfoot surmises upon glimpsing the ysoki doe. "We, and the fine citizens of Downlow, are most appreciative of your efforts to contain the threat posed by a wayward feather stalker."

"My companions and I are members of the Starfinder Society and we have been dispatched in order to put an end to this threat. We understand that, despite the valiant and unwavering efforts of the Stewards in protecting the citizenry of this area of the Station, this most hazardous of creatures was imported by an individual who engages in the unseemly business of crime." Lightfoot pauses a moment, allowing the gravity of such multiple breaches in security to resonate. He then continues, "Accordingly, we have come to offer our aid, so that the quarantine may be lifted and the watchful protective services of the Stewards can be put to other, more pressing, use.”

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 4 | SP 44/44 HP 38/38 | RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft | Mode: Unattuned| Active conditions: None

Thanks, Delta-5! Good to know before going in that lasers don’t work.

See discussion for what valuables we have found so far. I am willing to go with whatever plan people want. Spending the money comes out of the scenario funds.

I am willing to put some money in towards a page to get the album. If we do that, I think that I would like one for myself. Otherwise, we can figure out a way to get copies of the album after dealing with the creature.

——

Zeyram goes over to where Lightfoot is talking with the steward. When Lightfoot mentions the Starfinder Society, Zeyram holds out his upper right hand and activates the implant to display the symbol.

Ziggy already showed us some security footage of the creature. Do you have any other information that might help us, such as a floor plan?


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

“I’m Officer Tip.” The ysoki female gives Lightfoot’s flowery language a slightly skeptical look, but then visibly relaxes at the display of the Starfinder symbol. “Oh, yes, you were the ones that we were waiting for. We’ve been turning away brash locals all day who want to prove themselves against that malevolent feather duster. I hope you lot are efficient exterminators; I want no more corpses on my hands if I can help it.” She shows you an excellent map* of the warehouse. “You’ll be entering through here, she says pointing at the red arrow on her holo screen. It’s pretty standard fare: thirty foot ceilings, catwalks halfway up the walls, dim lighting — the kind that nightclubs pretend is romantic but is really so that they can save on power bills while their clientele do shifty deals in the shadows.”

They lower the barrier long enough for you to go inside. There is a faint background hum from the power souces in the warehouse. Inside, you see a number of interesting features: there are glowing barrels, a platform covered in crates, a vehicle that appears to be charging, catwalks and a pit in the floor with a bunch of wiring leading to it. Place yourselves on the map and tell me what things you might be doing as you investigate.

____
* So excellent, it looks just like the real map on the Slide Show! Go ahead and place yourselves going in and tell me what you’re investigating!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Nonbinary NEED TO FINALIZE WHEN LEVELING Barathu Biotechnician Mystic | SP 7/7, HP 12/12 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +7 | Sense Motive +7 | RP 1/4

Blibdoolpoolp unsticks a pike from her back? and begins to drift up towards the ceiling for a better look. 15' up, or higher if necessary to get above those glowing barrels

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"MySelf does not yet see it... Can it change its colors?"

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 3/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None. | SP 0/27 HP 29/29 | RP 4/4 | EAC 17; KAC 21 | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +5 (+1d6 expertise)
Skills:
Acrobatics +7*, Athletics +5*, Culture +6, Diplomacy +5 (+1d6 expertise), Engineering +9, Medicine +6, Mysticism +8, Piloting +8, Survival +3 * w/o armor

Posting from phone if someone would please place my token.

Clearly, the footage of the creature showed that it is an opportunistic killer.. Lightfoot thinks. I shall then give it an apparent opportunity

Trusting in his own prowess and protective armor, and not wishing any of his companions to be at risk of ambush, Lightfoot begins to make tiny squeaking noises resembling those of a dispondant or wounded creature. He then walks straight ahead into the dark room, with a staggered gait, hoping to present himself as a target to the creature to lure it out so his companions can neutralize it.

Bluff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none

Seeing Blibdoolpoolp go right and Lightfoot go up the middle, Argon-42 goes left. Gun drawn, she begins to look into possible hiding places, behind and in crates, barrels, etc.

"How big is this creature?"

Multiple search rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 4 | SP 44/44 HP 38/38 | RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft | Mode: Unattuned| Active conditions: None

After talking with Officer Tip, Zeyram takes out his arc pistol and sets it for lethal force. Then he gets out his knife and flashlight.

Seeing where Blibdoolpoolp was headed, Zeyram goes up to the walkway on the other side. He shines the flashlight ahead of himself, slowly advancing as he searches for the creature.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Place yourselves on the map, please, or have the GM roll for where you are. Any placement within a full round of movement of the door is fine. I’ll be rolling for where you are two hours from now, real-time!

Wayfinders

Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

Readying his rifle, Knows steps only a little ways into the warehouse, staying back so he can react to support whoever the creature targets. He keeps watch for any flash of colourful feathers.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

BOTTING DELTA FIVE

What to explore?: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Intrigued by the pit, Delta-5 heads in that direction.


"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

At that point, the broken crate in the center rumbles, and with a crunch of cheap plastic, a malevolent feather duster pops out of it! “SKREEEEEEEEEEEK!”

No surprise round. You were all actively looking for it, so straight into initiative, shall we?

Who Goes First?:

init, Rozzicheep: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
init, Argon-42: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
init, Knows: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
init, Zeyram: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
init, Blibdoolpoolp: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
init, Delta-5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Init, Feather Duster: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Round 1

Active conditions: Dim Lighting

Zeyram
Blibdilpoolp

================================

Feather Stalker

================================

Rozzicheep
Delta-5
Argon-42
Knows-No-Bounds

BOLD is up!

================================

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 4 | SP 44/44 HP 38/38 | RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 26 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +7, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft | Mode: Unattuned| Active conditions: None

Zeyram reverses direction, sliding down the railing and cartwheeling towards the creature before firing at it.

Trick Attack, Acro: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 Nope!
Static Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Electrical lethal damage, Photon: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Trick Attack: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 12

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 3 | SP 15 HP 19 | RP 4 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +3; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

presumably Delta-5, having stated the weapon type that is effective against this creature, has already drawn it before going in
Also, he will pick up a copy of the album for himself as well.

301 to 350 of 380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost Starfinder Society The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.