Outpost Starfinder Society The Commencement (Inactive)

Game Master Hayato Ken

Maps and Info


1 to 50 of 380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Gameplay Thread. Please dot and introduce your character. Game will begin on March 5.

Intro

The Gap was a sudden loss of history that shook the entire galaxy. It was an event where history disappeared from the minds of everyone throughout the multiverse, and only the gods have an inkling of what happened, but they refuse to speak of it.
In that nebulous time of missing history, the world of Golarion disappeared, though the gods indicate the world — wherever it is — is safe. In the aftermath of the Gap came the revelation of faster-than-light travel by means of the Drift. It was during this time that the Starfinder Society formed and became one of the eminent organizations of the Pact Worlds. The machine god Triune’s gift of rapid interstellar travel facilitated a sudden land rush by colonists and corporations alike, and as exploration became an extremely lucrative business, the information that Starfinder agents retrieved secured the Society’s prestige and wealth.
This prosperous age recently came to an abrupt end within the star systems known as the Scoured Stars. An armada containing almost 80% of the Society’s agents and assets joined the Society’s First Seeker on a mission to the Scoured Stars, only for all its transmissions to cease. When the remaining Starfinders in the Lorespire Complex attempted to make contact, they discovered a terrifying truth: the Scoured Stars were now cut off from the rest of the multiverse by a barrier of incomprehensible power.
The events of the Scoured Stars left the Starfinder Society crippled, as most of the Society’s agents and assets resided within the now inaccessible systems. The Society’s prestige crumbled, and many of the Starfinders’ distant holdings fell to alien forces within months of the incident. Only the actions of one outspoken Starfinder, Luwazi Elsebo, held the Society together. Even with the dedication of Luwazi and her allies, the Society suffered further losses as disillusioned agents opted to part ways with the organization. Maintaining the Society’s interests was too much for the few remaining agents to handle, so Luwazi turned to outside assistance from reputable mercenary organizations.
With the Starfinders on the brink of ruin, Luwazi’s hopes now rest in the hands of a new generation of recruits and ambitious factions.
Today is a momentous day for the Society, as it marks the graduation of the first wave of fresh agents from accelerated Starfinder training. These agents represent the first step the Starfinder Society is taking to reposition itself at the forefront of galactic exploration.

Welcome agents!

Acquisitives

Male N human ace pilot soldier (hit-and-run) 5 |SP 40/40HP 39/39|RP 6/7|EAC 19; KAC 19|Fort +5; Ref +6; Will +4|Init +5|Perc +1, SM: +0 |Speed 40ft|Active conditions: None.

A rakishly handsome (for those into mammals, anyway) human in a brightly colored suit of second skin armor is the first to arrive. He whistles to himself as he looks around, waiting for anyone else to appear. When they do, he grins and offers a hand, palm forward. "Jhim Patterson the 162nd, give or take, at your service. I don't know 'bout you, but I've been stationside far too long, hey? Time to get back to vacuum and honest stars."

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 4 | SP 20 HP 24 | RP 5 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +4; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

The cold eyed, disinterested Android greets Jhim without any attempt at friendlies whatsoever (though he mechanically returns the handshake). I'm Delta-5. I'll be sure to use your service on this mission. As for being stationside, well... Whose to say we're leaving the station at all?"

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 5/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None.

"It is a most joyous occasion." pipes in the high-pitched voice of a white-furred ysoki, beautifully adorned in heavy armor bearing engraved metal bands and glimmering a bright, yellowish hue resembling the glow of the sun. Around his neck is the holy symbol of the Dawnflower and ensheathed near his left leg hangs a ceremonial blade. Sarenrae bless us, every one.

"Wherever the noble Starfinder Society sees fit to send us, know that the blade of Rozzicheep Bernnshaw will be by your side." the ysoki responds to the others with a bow.

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 4 | SP 20 HP 24 | RP 5 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +4; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

yyyyyeeeessss! Reepicheep in space! I love it!

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 5/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None.
Delta-5 wrote:
yyyyyeeeessss! Reepicheep in space! I love it!

Absolutely the inspiration for this character. Though, ultimately, he became more space paladin than swashbuckler. The prior time I played this scenario was with my first SF character, an Android Technomancer.


I don't know who that Reepicheep is, but that would probably be better discussed in the discussion thread ;)

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

A Kasathan rushes to catch up with the rest of you. It doesn't look like he has been on station very long, his clothing is in the Idari style including the typical Kasathan scarf across his mouth. He doesn't appear to be very heavily armed either, a couple of pistols and a knife.

"Please accept my apologies if I am late."

Holding out a hand in greeting, he announces "I am Zeyram, it is a pleasure to meet all of you."

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none

The android woman looks up from her datapad. The sides of her head are shaved leaving a crest of long hair which slowly shifts in color. She has a datajack implant behind her right ear.

"Hello. I am Argon-42. I am a computer expert. I cannot say where we will go before I hear the mission briefing but I have been in two missions and both took me off-station."

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

"Since I love piloting ships, off station would be great!" Zeyram cheerfully replies. "It is just that they said something about a ceremony. If that is true, I would expect it to take place here -- on the station."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Nonbinary NEED TO FINALIZE WHEN LEVELING Barathu Biotechnician Mystic | SP 7/7, HP 12/12 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +7 | Sense Motive +7 | RP 1/4

A strange creature, resembling nothing so much as a floating heavily armed and armor-plated jellyfish, drifts forward to join her new compatriots, broadcasting salutations into your minds.

Greetings to all of your Selfs. I am Blibdoolpoolp, new to the Society. Do you think our Selfs will meet with the Luwazi Elsebo? Her words and purposes are my favorite of the Starfinders.

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 5/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None.

"It is no small honour to meet you all." says Rozzicheep with a bow of respect. "I am from but one of a single, humble litter among the Bernnshaw clan. As such, there are many who prefer to call me by the name of 'Lightfoot'. It is an appellation that I have embraced as befitting my role as a servant of The Healing Flame.”

’How radiant are the feet of those that bring the light of The Dawnflower and that proclaim the glory of her redemptive glow’.” recites the ysoki.

"Though this be my first official assignment as an agent on behalf of this notable institution," Rozzicheep continues, "I am not the first of my kin to join the Starfinder Society. Perchance, have one of you crossed paths with a cousin of mine during any prior assignment?"

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

Are your cousins gardeners in the Downlow section of this station?

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG ysoki priest soldier 5/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None.

"I am not aware of such relations, but our family tree is so blessedly bounteous that it would not surprise me at all to learn that there are gardeners found within it--no doubt they would be tending to its roots and branches." replies the ysoki in earnest.

"Likewise, I have not yet had much experience on this station or its 'Downlow'. However, cultivating and caring for life in any environ, perhaps particularly on a station where such life is surrounded by the perils of space and where resources can be scarce, is truly a pursuit worthy of commendation. With soil in such short supply, do tell, what wondrous source of nutrients must they use for fertilizer?"

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

It doesn't sound like he knows that family. Perhaps I will get a chance to introduce them sometime, I quite like them.

What was the phrase they used for what they did?

Zeyram pauses to gather his thoughts, then replies "They recycle organic materials in the garden."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG ysoki priest soldier 5/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None.
Zeyram wrote:
Zeyram pauses to gather his thoughts, then replies "They recycle organic materials in the garden."

"Sounds like a practical, but challenging method of fertilizing. I doubt that just any body could do it." Rozzicheep replies. The emphasis is mine, not the ysoki's!

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none
Blibdoolpoolp wrote:
Greetings to all of your Selfs. I am Blibdoolpoolp, new to the Society. Do you think our Selfs will meet with the Luwazi Elsebo? Her words and purposes are my favorite of the Starfinders.

"Hello, Blibdoolpoolp. I believe I have heard that name before. Are you named after a long-lost deity?"

"I have never met the First Seeker, but I would be honoured to do so. I am not sure who will give us our briefing."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Nonbinary NEED TO FINALIZE WHEN LEVELING Barathu Biotechnician Mystic | SP 7/7, HP 12/12 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +7 | Sense Motive +7 | RP 1/4

I am not a student of divinities, but as the name was suggested to me by one who was... It seems likely they sought to honor me in this way.

Wayfinders

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

A broad Vesk figure bustles in, backpack slung over one shoulder, a weathered hunting rifle over the other. A broad grin splits his scaly face as he surveys the gathering crowd.

"New friends!" he bellows, lumbering forward. "Of all distinct and fascinating shapes and sizes. I-" he slaps himself in the chest with a fat fist: "am Knows-No-Bounds. Called so for my enthusiasm, my excitement, my-" he pauses, noticing that he's still wearing a colourfully stained apron from the kitchens. He shucks it off.

"First real assignment, still getting used to...everything."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

Looking at the apron, Zeyram says "It is an honor to know you, Knows-no-bounds. Were you working as a chef in order to practice your precision with the knife?"

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

Knows rolls the apron up and tucks it away, before nodding towards Zeyram: "Ahhh, that would be a smart excuse. No, was working as cook because it is fun. So many different tastes and diets here." His voice lowers to a conspiratorial stage whisper: "Some of our new friends don't even consume what others would identify as food. Is fascinating! Much better than Vesk galley."

"But I ramble, it is pleasure to meet you, new friend! Do you know where we are going?"

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

Shaking his head, he admits "Not yet."

Looking at the assembled group, he decides that Knows-No-Bounds has brought up an interesting subject. "I've only been on station a short time and haven't fully explored it. Can any of you recommend any restaurants and particular dishes they serve?"

Just making idle chit-chat here.

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 4 | SP 20 HP 24 | RP 5 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +4; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Delta watches the back and forth with a passive eye, perhaps a little bored.

still figuring this character out, but I think not engaging here is consistent with him as being out for himself

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Nonbinary NEED TO FINALIZE WHEN LEVELING Barathu Biotechnician Mystic | SP 7/7, HP 12/12 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +7 | Sense Motive +7 | RP 1/4

Blibdoolpoolp watches the small talk with intensity, clearly not yet certain what is trivial, and what is a secret key to her colleague's Selfs.

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none

"Hello, knows-no-bounds. What made you choose the life of a Starfinder over that of a cook?"

Looks like everyone is here so we should be ready to start.

Wayfinders

Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

"Places to recommend for food? Anywhere that Vesk are not!" he lets out a roaring belly laugh. "Protein bricks so hard you can use them as cover in a firefight. Will break your teeth for certain. Otherwise...depends how many credits you are willing to part with. There is a place Parkside..." he lets out a long, deflating sigh.

He turns at Argon's question, greeting her with a nod and a smile: "Vesk cook is like smart goblin: a joke." His smile grows tight, eyes narrowing. "The universe is a big place, so many different creatures, different ideas of 'food'. Perhaps eventually find replacement for protein brick and nutrient paste."

"What drives you to explore?"

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

"The chance to fly new ships!" Zeyram immediately replies. A few moments later, he adds "See new places and meet new people."


You are some of the fresh agents mentioned above, the hopeful future of the Starfinder Society!
You are on Absalom Station and just had your graduation ceremony, as Guidance, the Starfinder Society’s compiled intelligence of Starfinder personalities, summons you to the Lorespire Complex.

As the doors to the Lorespire Complex slide open, a green holographic image of a middle-aged human woman shimmers into view at the center of the room. Greetings, it says. I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.

Wayfinders

Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

"A pilot! You are warm starlight on my scales! Have you ever piloted Vesk ship? Was soon decided it was not my calling. Could not stomach it," he moves to clap Zeyram on the shoulder, then decides against it, arm hanging awkwardly in the air between them. The interruption of the doors opening gives him excuse enough to turn away.

"Ah, Guidance! Can you tell more about this implant?" Knows asks as he lumbers towards the receptacle of cheek-swabs. "Does it show like a crest, a special symbol to friends?"

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 5/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None.

"Thank you, Guidance. And greetings to you.."[/b] replies Rozzicheep. "I find your requests, though forthright, to be both efficient and practical. I shall endeavor to comply."

Displaying his fine manners and consideration for others, the ysoki bows. "After you, my most distinguished colleagues and fellow Starfinders." He then extends his hand out in an offer to allow the other new Starfinder graduates to proceed before him to both the receptacle and scanning panel. He patiently waits until it his turn to provide a sample and receive the implant.

Once he has complied with Guidance’s request, Rozzicheep turns to the others and declares, I am both honored and privileged to now bear the distinction of 'Starfinder'.”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Nonbinary NEED TO FINALIZE WHEN LEVELING Barathu Biotechnician Mystic | SP 7/7, HP 12/12 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +7 | Sense Motive +7 | RP 1/4

Blibdoolpoolp extends a tentacle into the receptacle, the tentacle shifting into a vaguely handlike shape as it goes.

I am proud to merge with the Starfinder amalgam!

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 4 | SP 20 HP 24 | RP 5 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +4; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Delta-5 nonchalantly takes a cheek swap and scrubs it around in his mouth before returning it. Unlike the fine Lightfoot, Delta-5 seems oblivious to "common decency" and takes the first opportunity to get in line. When Guidance offers the subdermal implant, he tilts his head for a moment to consider, and then shrugs, placing his hand casually on the glowing panel long enough to receive the implant, then stepping back.

Heh, so different from my -701 character's reaction to this ceremony!

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none

"Understood."

Argon-42 steps forward and uses the cheek swab, placing in the receptacle, then placing her hand on the glowing panel. When the implant is in place, she admires her hand, causing the implant to light up.

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

Zeyram steps forward once it is his turn, placing his upper right hand on the pad while grabbing a swap with the other hand. He efficiently slips it under his scarf and takes the sample, and then places the swap into the receptacle.

Thank you, Guidance.


Naturaly i can answer this question, recruit Knows-No-Bounds. This implant rests underneath the skin of the palm of one hand, or at the end of a tentacle or similar appendage in species that lack hands. The augmentation can be activated or deactivated mentally as a swift action. Activating the implant causes a rendition of the Starfinder Society’s symbol to glow underneath the skin. This augmentation acts as a mark, letting others know you are a member of the Starfinder Society. It also increases the light level within 5 feet a bit while active. Does tis answer your question?

Guidances hologram turns to everyone.
It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in
the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment.

Guidance provides an overview of the factions (see "maps and info" link above the thread) and explains that once you complete the faction leader’s desired mission, that leader will signal
Guidance to indicate the mission is finished.

You can make culture or diplomacy gather information checks to see if you know something additional.

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 5/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None.

"As a follower of the teachings of Sarenrae, I pledge to treat each undertaking, no matter how modest, with the gravity of that of The Sun!" squeaks "Lightfoot". He bows his head respectfully and places his hand above his heart in affirmation.

"I have joined this auspicious organization for I, too, have been called to explore the myriad worlds that hang within the firmament. As the rays of the sun shine forth, so that they are visible to the worlds and the systems and, yes, even the galaxies beyond our own, so, too, shall I bear light to the these distant places--these jewels--among the heavens. Let them then reflect those rays in their own, multi-colored splendor”. The ysoki pauses, almost like one in prayer. His ears perk up, treating the silence that follows like an affirmative response uttered for his ears alone.

Bearing a contented smile, “Lightfoot” continues, To such ends, I wish to meet with Fitch. The doe is a fellow of my species and the matron leader of the Wayfinders. Upon our meeting, I shall render my fealty and blade to our common cause of exploration.”

"But do forgive me, the ysoki begs, seeming to suddenly realize that he remains within the presence of others. I realize that each of you, too, must have your preferences and I do not wish you to be dissatisfied. Indeed, the other tasks assigned to us can be completed here on Absalom Station. Thus, I suppose, it makes sense to see them first to completion before venturing out to see Fitch amidst the ships of The Armada.”

"Perhaps, I may provide some useful information to aid us with the initial task, whichever you all first choose to pursue." Rozzicheep places a small finger upon his white-furred head in thought. Culture: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Lightfot:
Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent
on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.

People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core — a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.
Your part to share the information!

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

Diplomacy to Gather Information: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"Lightfoot, it is my understanding that the pledge is to the Starfinder Society, not just one section of it."

As he says this, he reaches out to a small blue mote that has been orbiting him. Clutching it, a glow surrounds him and his armor flares with blue energy. Releasing his hand, his armor continues to shimmer with the blue energy.

Activated Solar Armor.

"Since you like to speak of sunlight, think of it as the photons. Each of the leaders directs a different beam of light, which may well be reflected and cross other beams. They are each a part of a larger whole."

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 4 | SP 20 HP 24 | RP 5 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +4; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Delta-5 smirks a little at Rozzicheep. "Whatever you say, Roz."

Fitch is fine

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Nonbinary NEED TO FINALIZE WHEN LEVELING Barathu Biotechnician Mystic | SP 7/7, HP 12/12 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +5 | Init +0 | Perc +7 | Sense Motive +7 | RP 1/4

Not beating any of those rolls

Blibdoolpoolp appears slightly bemused by Lightfoot's apology. All parts of the Society will receive our aid. Why not begin in a place for which your Self has so much passion?

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

Knows listens to the explaination of the implant's abilities with honest interest: "That sounds most handy! Thank you for your kind words of welcome, it is a most true honour." He bows his head, reserved and quiet, before placing his hand onto the glowing bad to receive an implant of his own. His broad face splits with joy as he toggles the symbol on and off.

"A natural leader has emerged!" he says, to Rozzicheep's exclaimations of loyalty and drive. "I too am wanting to meet this Fitch, so is solid choice. Though I am interested in all their stories!"

He itches at his face for a moment, casting his mind to kitchen gossip about the Starfinders.

Diplomacy to Gather Information: 1d20 + 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (18) + (6) + 6 = 30

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer (Roboticist) 1 | SP 10/10 : HP 14/14 : RP 6/6 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | Fort +0 : Reflex +3 : Will +3 | Perc. +5, S.M. -2, Darkvision 60', Low-Light, Init +3 | Move 30' : Tac Auto Pistol +3, 1d6P, 30'
Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/5, Ammo 9/9 +30
STR +0, DEX +3, CON +0, INT +5, WIS +0, CHA -1, Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Computers +11, Engineering +10, Life Science +10, Mysticism +5, Physical Science +10, Profession +14, S.O.H. +7, Stealth +5 | CONDITIONS: none
Delta-5 wrote:

Delta-5 smirks a little at Rozzicheep. "Whatever you say, Roz."

Fitch is fine

"I had planned to visit the various factions in alphabetical order, but if you wish to meet with the Wayfinders first, that poses no difficulties."


Turns out KNB and Zeyram know just as much as Lightfoot:

Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent
on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.

People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core — a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.
Your part to share the information!

Maybe the knowledgeable characters will share what they know. From here on, you decide where you go first. Sounds like Fitch?

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 4 | SP 20 HP 24 | RP 5 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +4; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

overlooked your comment before, GM

CULTURE: 10 + 5 = 15

yes, Fitch first

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

Experimenting with the new insignia, Zeyram mentions “It will be nice, officially becoming a Starfinder. This station is a melting pot of cultures, but most everyone here respects the Starfinder Society.

Zeyram tries to see how fast he can control the insignia, trying to turn it off and back on as fast as he can while watching the back of his upper right hand.

So, everyone ready to visit the Armada? The station is a hub because it is so easy to navigate here through the Drift. The Starstone is like a beacon in the Drift.

Wayfinders

Male LG ysoki priest soldier 5/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None.

Lightfoot, respectfully and politely, defers to the preferences of the party.

Unfortunately, don't have time for longer posts the next couple of days. Will post schedule in discussion

Wayfinders

Male NG Vesk Xenoseeker Envoy 1 SP 7/7 HP 12/12 | RP 3/3 | F+1 R+4 W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +4 SM +4 low-light vision

"Lead the way, pilot!" Knows says to Zeyram. "You have the smarts in these matters, so your feet before mine. We will find this Fitch first."


The Wayfinders’ transitory nature precludes them from having a single stationary headquarters on Absalom Station. Instead, the Wayfinders operate out of the Master of Stars, an enormous starship that is part of the Armada orbiting Absalom Station. The Master of Stars is currently undergoing extensive repairs, obsessively overseen by the Wayfinders’ leader Fitch. A Society shuttle takes you out to the orbiting ship.

The station’s Armada can be seen from the shuttle’s view screen as it takes off, gleaming figures standing out against the emptiness of space.
The Master of Stars immediately stands out from the rest, as layers and layers of scaffolding obscure its hull.
Tiny lights flicker among the metal beams as distant figures weld plates and heat shields to the ship’s exterior. The shuttle smoothly glides loser until it reaches the starship’s docking bay, slipping through the magic field that keeps the hold pressurized with breathable atmosphere. As the shuttle doors open, a small drone flies in and pops up a holoscreen, displaying a harried-looking ratfolk.

Finally, fresh meat! the ysoki exclaims over the screen, sounding pleased.
Name’s Fitch—pleasantries over, time to get to work. I had some trouble earlier with the lights flickering on the ship, and now both the lights and computers have suddenly gone out on E-Deck. No idea what’s causing it, but you work this job long enough and —
Fitch’s attention flicks to something offscreen, and she shouts Kirkath! The welding torch is not a toy! You wanna go in the toddler’s pen with the other kids?
She snorts dismissively before continuing, Sorry, some of these little ones would cut off their own heads if I let them. Anyway, it could be some lunkhead screwed up the wiring, but that’s a pretty big system failure for a simple electrical short. I’d prefer to send in some people with combat training to scout it out, just in case someone or something is sabotaging the ship. If it’s nothing, great, get the power back on if you can. If there’s something suspicious, use your comm units to report in to me. I’ll give you the access codes, so — Selicha! If you touch that panel I will staple you to the hull!
The screen on the drone cuts out, then flashes to display the ship’s schematics and the passwords for the computers on E-Deck.

Tried to format this text a bit so it's better to read. New forum text editor here is still a bit weird i think. Hope it's ok.

Wayfinders

Male CG Kasatha Ace Pilot Solarian 2 / Operative 5 | SP 0/51 HP 33/44 | RP 8/9 | EAC 26 KAC 27 | Fort +5; Ref +10; Will +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +3 | Speed 50 ft Swim 40 ft Climb 40 ft | Reroll used | Mode: Photon 2| Active conditions: Haste

Well, sounds as if she has a handful of kids!

After the screen goes dead, Zeyram looks to the others and asks “Is she always that busy?

Then turning towards the elevators, he says “E Deck!” and calls for the elevator.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG ysoki priest soldier 5/envoy 1 | Speed 40ft 35ft. (armor) | Active conditions: None.

"Most honorable and respected Fitch. It twill be our pleasure to undertake this task for you in the tradit.."Lightfoot stops speaking mid-word once he realizes that Fitch had cut the transmission.

When Zeyram suggests the elevator, he quietly follows.

1 to 50 of 380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost Starfinder Society The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.