Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


4,251 to 4,300 of 5,004 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>

Female Thrush

Something is wrong! Where is the threat? What has Mistress so concerned!

There's head suddenly perks up and she quickly starts looking around in distress at all the strangers. She gives a small flutter of her wings and hops to Kito's other shoulder.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Oops! Thera must have sensed my reaction. I hope Harmose and Aleris are too busy to notice that.

Kito reaches a hand up and calms the small bird. As she does this, she whispers "لا تقلق، ثيرا! لقد فوجئت بشيء ما. ليس هناك خطر."

Osiriani:
Don't worry, Thera! I was just surprised by something. There is no danger.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

Thank you for the great rundown, Kito! Let's see:

Lot 2: Aleris, Turel, Kito and Harmose have acted. Deseri, Qari, Polux and Ra-Khefer still have an action left if they want to use it. Manaat Heshwah (1st) and the Meshhotens (2nd) have already been unlocked, so a third target could be anyone.

Lot 3: Aleris, Kito and Harmose have acted. Deseri, Qari, Polux, Ra-Khefer and Turel still have an action. Masakhet & Karam (1st) need 3 Aid Anothers and Manaat Heshwah needs 1 Aid Another to unlock them. Or could go for a third target; Four Lanterns would be DC 24.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra attempts to Aid Another with Manaat Heshwah in Lot 3.
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10 Success by the skin of his teeth! +2 to help with Manaat Heshwah!

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Manaat unlocked for Lot 3! Harmose and Ra-Khefer tag-teamed her to get her interested in your minor magic bunch.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari tries to pique the interest of Masakhet and Karam, by discussing the magical lot.

Aid another diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Lot 3: Deseri, Polux and Turel still have actions and Masakhet/Karam require 2 Aid Anothers.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel also tries to aid Ra-khefer with his diplomacy.

Diplomacy, Aid Another (Masakhet & Karam): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


4 people marked this as a favorite.
I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

Botting Des and Polux

"Hello, I'm Des. I'm falling out of my dress. Can you bid on this for me?"

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

____

"I'm Polux. Have you seen how wonderful this lot is? It's a must purchase!"

Diplomacy Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

Lot 2: You get 100% for Manaat Heshwah and the Meshhotens boost that by +5%!

Lot 3: You get 100% for Masakhet/Karam and Manaat boosts that by +5%!

After the first lot is done and Khammayid Okhenti goes to negotiate with some of the help over the details, the Canny Jackal seems to get a jolt of electricity in the air. The excitement goes up tangibly in the common room, and the audience is eager when Lot 2 is brought to bear.

*** Lot 2 ***

Aleris targets Manaat Heshwah and chats with the woman for a while, especially advertising the cool little chariot that your group managed to get out of Akhentepi's tomb during the downtime. It needed to be disassembled and reassembled to get it out, but everything went better than expected in that regard and you don't think you did the chariot any harm. "A chariot you say? A genuine, non-miniature, life-size chariot? That does sound like the sort of interesting trinket that I could sell on." Turel's honorable reassurances and Kito's detailed explanations only sell the lot more in Manaat Heshwah's eyes and she becomes fully intent on bidding. "You have certainly piqued my interest. Thank you for these little details."

But it's Namaru Meshhoten that gets really interested when Harmose shows off one of the jewelry pieces. She doesn't seem to be hearing a lot of the words Harmose is telling her, but she certainly sees the glitter of noble metals. "Mine!", she exclaims, repeatedly a few times and emphatically enough that one of the guards who are watching over the treasures has to come and make sure Namaru doesn't try to appropriate the item without bidding. "Thisshh....isshh...a *joke!" she slurs out, waving her finger side to side in front of her face. "I can...outbid...*anyone* in this room! I'll shhhhow youu! ...Harmoshe! You'll...sheeee!" It's probably fortunate that Namaru's grandmother shows up just before bidding starts. "Namaru! Shush! You are drunk again! Be silent!" Pouting, Namaru purses her lips and wears a frowny gloomy face as she settles down in her chair, crossing her arms and being quiet according to her grandmother's command.

The bidding on Lot 2 starts slowly. It starts at a mere 20 gold pieces. Manaat offers 30, a few other people you don't know raise it to 24, then to 27. Maru Meshhoten offers 30. Manaat goes to 32. A few more unknowns, 33, 34. Maru grudgingly offers 35. Manaat gives a sigh and a shake of her head, and with a deep breath, raises the stakes straight to 45, which gets the room quiet for a little while. "Going once..." the dealer calls out, but then Maru goes to 50. Manaat glares at Maru across the room for a little bit, then goes to 55.

"TWO HUNDRED GOLD...PIESSSSHESSSS!!"

"Namaru, no!" Maru gasps in horror at the sum her granddaughter blurted out. She tries to appeal to the dealer to cancel the bid, but...

"I'm sorry, madam, but all bids are final."

Maru fumes quite a bit, and grabs Namaru by the hair and drags her off, with the younger woman following on the floor like a limply dragged train of a dress. "Thissshh...ackshully doessshnnt...hurt asssh much asssh it might look like...but...itsshhh...gonna hurt in the morningg..." she mumbles as she slides along the floor.

After Namaru almost quadrupled the price, there's a long silence, and the bid almost goes through, but there are (perhaps fortunately for Namaru) a few last trickle bids at the last moments. The lot ends up selling for 216 gold pieces for Manaat Heshwah.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

*** Lot 3 ***

Aleris approaches the priests of Nethys about the minor magic lot, but she doesn't seem to make much headway with them. Rather than helping Aleris out, Kito wisely waits things out for a little bit, letting the priests forget about Aleris before making her own approach. It turns out to Kito that the priests are pretty shrewd and tough cookies when it comes to business deals. They're not easily bamboozled or lured in by shiny promises. "What kind of scrolls, exactly?" "We don't just buy anything and everything that has some Nethys significance, after all." "Yes, we'd like some more information." Slowly but surely, as your group continues to feed the Nethys priests information about the minor magic lot, they feel like they're turning around, but it takes a lot of work, and every single piece of wordplay that you can think of. At the end of it all, you feel that you have gotten the priests interested in your lot, but damn, they were hard sells.

Then after all your hard work Harmose, who was supposed to go for the Four Lanterns, alters the plan and goes for Manaat Heshwah instead. Which is just as well, you didn't want a beaten up Harmose anyway, now did you? Eh, the Four Lanterns aren't *that* bad. Maybe. Rude and arrogant, but they haven't exhibited a lot of out-and-out violence yet. Regardless, Harmose's target is chosen -- the woman from Sothis. He wordplays with her cunningly and tries to get his target to come up with her own arguments to persuade herself. She's a tough one, this one. She knows what she came here to find, and it's not Lot 3. She's not interested. But Harmose tries oh so hard, over and over and over again, until Manaat feels like she might be relenting a little bit. An arduous quarter of an hour, Harmose puts in the work bigtime, pulling every verbal trick he can to joust Manaat into submission, but still she doesn't quite give in. Sooo close but not quite there. Even so, it was a herculean effort getting someone absolutely disinterested into almost interested.

Then Ra-Khefer shows up and puts in a sentence.

"Well, when you put it *that* way..." Manaat laughs. "I'll give your lot a shot."

There's just no justice in the world.

In the end, though, it turns out that the final bid for Lot 3 comes from the Nethys priests. Perhaps they were more interested in the minor magic lot than they let on? Or maybe everyone else was just less interested. Whatever the reason, ultimately Lot 3 changes hands a smidgen over the estimated price, and settles on a final tally of 210 gold.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Lot 2: 216gp
Lot 3: 210gp

You may post lots 4 & 5.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Now it's time to bring out lots of true historical significance! Magic! Mayhem! Scandal! Tales of temples from long ago, and details from the true lives of some of the exceptional humans who lived during the time of troubles!" Harmose gestures, and then uses mage hand to pull the tarps off the next lots, revealing a pair of very interesting collections indeed. "Come forth! Don't be shy! Wonders await, right here!"

___

Lot 4 -- Historical Papers, Scandalous Letters and Other Ancient Micellanea:

Potential bidders:

Temple of Nethys (Masarat & Khayyam) for history especially regarding the temple.
Meshhotens, Maru and Namaru (for scandal & intrigue).
Iosep the Coffee Merchant (human heritage.)

Items:

  • The Gold-Plated Books from Akhentepi’s Tomb:
    The first is a brief biography of Akhentepi, and the second is a list and description of the various military campaigns conducted by the nation of Osirion between 2350 and 2450 AR, so about 50-150 years before the Plague of Madness took Wati. Each book weighs about 25 pounds. 600 gp for the Set.

  • Tablet of Languages Lost Price 1,980 gp;

    Spoiler:
    Fashioned from granite, this stone tablet is approximately 2 feet long, 1 foot wide, and just over an inch thick. Dating to the period of the Keleshite Interregnum in Osirion over 2,000 years ago, the tablet was once part of a larger stone stele that was publicly displayed for all to see. Now known as the tablet of languages lost, the broken slab is inscribed with a vow of fealty to the Padishah Emperor of Kelesh in three different languages: Ancient Osiriani, Kelish, and contemporary Osiriani. The characters and hieroglyphs of the three languages correspond to one another and serve as a translation key between the languages.

    Once per day, upon speaking the command word, the owner of the tablet can read and understand any written texts as if using comprehend languages for a period of 30 minutes. This does not allow the owner to speak or write unknown languages, or read magical writings (though the tablet reveals that such texts are magical). In addition, if the tablet is readily available and at hand, the owner gains a +3 competence bonus on all Linguistics checks. Finally, if the owner knows at least one of the three languages inscribed on the tablet, he can attempt Linguistics checks to translate the other two languages even if untrained in the Linguistics skill.

    Possession of the tablet of languages lost serves as an acceptable rationale for the owner to learn one of the three languages inscribed upon it (by putting a rank in Linguistics during character advancement) without the need of a teacher or library.

    Although the tablet of languages lost was created to ease the transition of native Osirians from pharaonic rule to that of a foreign monarch, other tablets could exist bearing different messages in other languages.

  • Tablet of Djederet II’s Decree

    A decree about an obscene relic in the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye. 300 gp

  • Akhentepi’s Papers

    Includes love letters to his mistress and love of his life.

  • Silver Holy Symbol of Nethys
    An ancient Nethys holy symbol, there to intrigue the Nethys enthusiasts even more and remind them of why they need to bid.

Actual Value of Lot 4: 3142.5 gp

______

Lot 5 -- Lot of the DEAD:

Potential Bidders:

Temple of Nethys (Masakat and Khayyam) -- Yeah, this stuff will be right up their alley.
Baketra -- Ancient Art & Decor Pieces. There is some super cool stuff in here that might tip him over.
Four Lanterns -- They've had a lot of trouble with undead and like shiny things. The masks are shiny and the other objects help against the undead.
Manaat? Iosep?
(It’s too bad Ptemenib isn't here to buy anything, since he represents the Grand Mausoleum.)

Items:

  • Funerary Masks -- Gold (multiple), Pentheru, 4 Deity-Themed Funerary Masks -- 1250 for the set. Important decor for every home!

  • Deadman’s Headband 3600gp
    The Lanterns would love this. Bonus to intimidate, prevents expensive magical headgear from getting lost.

  • Mummified Guardian. 3000gp Prevents you from being made undead.

Actual Value of Lot 5: 7850 gp

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Lot 4:
Masakhet & Karam are highly interested (DC 20)
Meshhotens are mildly interested (DC 25)
Iosep is mildly interested (DC 25)
+2 cumulative for beyond first

Lot 5:
Masakhet & Karam are highly interested (DC 20)
Baketra is mildly interested (DC 25)
Four Lanterns are mildly interested (DC 25)
Manaat is not interested (DC 30)
Iosep is not interested (DC 30)
+2 cumulative for beyond first

Feel free to formulate order strategies.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Lot #4 - History, Scandal, and Intrigue (Bidder #3 - Meshhotens)

After putting their heads together and figuring out the next two lots to go up on the auction block, Aleris heads back out into the sea of humanity that is the bidding audience. Her target - one silly dowager and her equally silly granddaughter. She knew it would be a pretty hard sell to pique their interest into bidding, but Kito had seemed to believe that Deseri and herself were the most likely to make a good first impression sales-pitch.

Spotting the two women she wanders over, mentally preparing herself to deal with the granddaughter's drunken shenanigans. "Well hello there! Enjoying the bidding? It sure looks like you are," she says brightly. "Too bad about that last lot - you were really, really close and I could see how much you wanted it; I was rooting for you, I really was! But don't fret."

Aleris smiles and leans in close, once more adopting a conspiratorial tone. "This next lot coming up - it's got it all. A biography of a famous Osirian general and salacious love letters he wrote to his mistress! And an ancient decree that hints at the squirreling away of some 'obscene' relic within an ancient temple...things very few others would know and they can all be yours..."

Diplomacy (Bid on the Shinies): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
______

This will take place *AFTER* the others make their approaches to Iosep and Masakhet & Karam, I just wanted to post it now while I've got the time :)


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Lot 4, 1st person approached

Kito goes over to Iosep and makes sure he knows this lot has the tablet that she had told him about earlier in the day, as well as a few other historic documents.

If he has any questions, she is right there to answer them for him.

Taking the 25 previously rolled, success.

Lot 5, 2nd person approached

Once she sees that Harmose is being his charming self with Baketra, Kito moves over near the two priests of Nethys. Seeing as they are already interested, she feels it best to just offer to answer any questions they might have. She notes that the headband was an item she had not heard of before the group found it.

Given their association she allows her explanations to go into some of the finer details of the magical properties, but quickly retreats if they don't seem to understand it.

Diplomacy, use 3 influence: 10 + 7 + 6 = 23 Success


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

LOT 4 -- HISTORY! SCANDAL! INTRIGUE!

2nd Approach

"Masarat and Karam, have you seen what we have here? Materials dating from before the time of madness! Texts dealing with the history of the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye. These were amazing discoveries, and I can think of no one better than your scholars to examine them thoroughly."

Harmose flashes them a brilliant smile.

Diplomacy, Meehr bonus: 10 + 13 + 1 = 24


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

LOT 5 -- LOT OF THE DEAD!

2nd approach

Diplomacy, Meehr bonus: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 = 29

"Excuse me, are you Baketra? Of course you are! The discerning look in your eyes speaks for itself. Come, come!" Harmose shows off the gleaming funerary masks, the mummified guardian, and the deadman's headband. "Think of these as the ultimate conversation pieces. They could become the focal point of any collection!"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Oops. Kito went 2nd. Samy, put me anywhere in the order that is NOT number 2 for Lot 5. Thanks!


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito waits a short time for Harmose to make his approach.

When she sees him dallying, she goes over and whispers to him "Harmose! You were going to approach Baketra before I tried to get Masakhet and Karam to bid on this lot. Please get going!"

Samy, will you allow Hermosa's roll to stand but he goes first?


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

As Aleris approaches Meshhotens to kindle the potential buyer's interest in the scandalous materials discovered earlier. "As the Gods are my witness, I have NEVER seen such a collection to make me blush."

Diplomacy, Aid another Aleris (Lot #4): 1d20 ⇒ 7

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Coming up to the lot table, Ra attempts to look interested in the materials there.
Ra attempts to Aid Another with the Third person in Lot 4 to aid Aleris.
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Fail. Nobody pays any attention to the rube...


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari also tries to help with the Meshhotens. "Aleris is quite right. The reading will be interesting, to say the least," she adds, with a fiesty twitch of her tail.

Aid another diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Following Qari with a smile, "It was and is stimulating read through."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Sauntering over the Four Lanterns with her smile still in place, "Hello gentlemen. I wanted to point you all in the direction of a collection of items we found that seems right up your alley."

Lacing her fingers behind her back and continuing, "I heard you all were having some issue with the undead and I sympathize. We found a mummified cat that can prevent you from ever joining the ranks of the undead. And I will say it was rather terrifying when I first encountered, so striking fear into the hearts of your foes might be a little easier."

Shifting on her feet, "Though it is the Deadman's Handband that will help with that. It is a brilliant and terrifying little skull."

Take a 10 to get a 21

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

In the washroom, Ra splashed his face with water. Glaring into the mirror, he slapped himself twice, three times.
Get it together, he thought to himself. You can do this!

Again coming up to the lot table, Ra attempts to look interested in the Lot 5 materials there.
Ra attempts to Aid Another with the Lanterns to aid Deseri.
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10 Success! Again he squeaked through by the skin of his teeth. +2 to Deseri.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Ra-Khefer: Actually Deseri used Bluff instead of Diplomacy for the check so it looks like you missed the check by one, unless I missed something.

Turel moves up next to Deseri and nods in agreement with the bewitching woman. "Truly, if I could afford such valuable items for myself I would never part with them!"

Aid another Bluff (Lot #5, Four Lanterns): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Aaand missed it by...THAT much!

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Lot 4:
1st: Iosep, Kito approaches, success, unlocked
2nd: Masakhet & Karam, Harmose approaches, success, unlocked
3rd: Meshhotens, Aleris approaches, 26 vs DC 29. Turel, Ra-Khefer, Qari fail Aid Another. Deseri succeeds, making it 28 vs DC 29.

I believe Lot 4 still lacks Polux.

Lot 5:
1st: Baketra, Harmose approaches, success, unlocked
2nd: Masakhet & Karam, Kito approaches, success, unlocked
3rd: Four Lanterns, Deseri approaches, 21 vs DC 29. Turel, Ra-Khefer fail Aid Another.

I believe Lot 5 still lacks Polux, Qari and Aleris.

Correct me in Discussion if I got anything wrong.


Inactive

Lot #5 - Menya the Whip (Initial Approach)

Seeing that the group wasn't making much headway with the Four Lanterns (and being unwilling to approach them again herself), Aleris thinks for a moment on the contents of their 5th lot and then makes her way over to Menya the Whip once more.

"Hello again! Still haven't found the right centerpiece for your shop?" she asks, giving the man a sympathetic pat on the arm. "Well, we've got something else coming up that might be of interest. A lot full of mystery and foreboding - the Lot of the Deeeeead~!"

She pauses for a moment, to let the suspense build like she'd seen Harmose do when telling his stories.

"Do you worry about thieves? Well, this lot can help without any of the nasty side-effects or messiness of more 'traditional' anti-theft measures. Picture it - funerary masks lining the walls and from on high, a mummified cat sits vigil, cursing anyone who dares trespass!"

Aleris coughs. "It won't actually curse thieves, but it does offer protection against necromancy used to raise the dead. And anyway you can still use rumor to your advantage to make people think they'll be cursed," she whispers.

Diplomacy (Bid on the Discoveries Unlimited Co. Anti-Theft Feline): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Aleris Somciel wrote:

Lot #4 - History, Scandal, and Intrigue (Bidder #3 - Meshhotens)

After putting their heads together and figuring out the next two lots to go up on the auction block, Aleris heads back out into the sea of humanity that is the bidding audience. Her target - one silly dowager and her equally silly granddaughter. She knew it would be a pretty hard sell to pique their interest into bidding, but Kito had seemed to believe that Deseri and herself were the most likely to make a good first impression sales-pitch.

Spotting the two women she wanders over, mentally preparing herself to deal with the granddaughter's drunken shenanigans. "Well hello there! Enjoying the bidding? It sure looks like you are," she says brightly. "Too bad about that last lot - you were really, really close and I could see how much you wanted it; I was rooting for you, I really was! But don't fret."

Aleris smiles and leans in close, once more adopting a conspiratorial tone. "This next lot coming up - it's got it all. A biography of a famous Osirian general and salacious love letters he wrote to his mistress! And an ancient decree that hints at the squirreling away of some 'obscene' relic within an ancient temple...things very few others would know and they can all be yours..."

This will take place *AFTER* the others make their approaches to Iosep and Masakhet & Karam, I just wanted to post it now while I've got the time :)

"I have to admit I took a peek Aleris..." - Polux suddenly pops in the conversation, a glass of cold white wine in each hand - one for himself and offering another one to Aleris - "And I was quickly in a need for a drink to cool down" - he smiles - "The writings are just..." - he lets the thought hang for a moment, taking another sip from his own drink, then turning to their 'marks' - "Apologies for my bluntness, my name is Polux, and may I get you a refreshment also?" - he bows politely.

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

Lot 4 gets a lot of competition, and it is clearly one of your more successful lots tonight. Several patrons get into bidding for Djederet's decree and Akhentepi's papers, including all three parties that you approached. The party that ends up being willing to put forth the highest bid is the Nethys temple and its representatives Masakhet & Karam. The elder Meshhoten seems somewhat miffed that she was outbid but reluctantly holds her tongue. The bids were just getting too high up there for her tastes. Similarly, the coffee merchant Basif Iosep kept bidding right up until the last moment there, but when the sums went past 3400, he just couldn't justify it anymore. There's a lot of sour faces that didn't get this cool lot, but such is the way of auctions. Final total: 110% of value.

Lot 5 has the creepy stuff, like the magic cat mummy. Maybe it's the creepy nature of the things but they don't attract as much attention as the previous lot -- although there is still clear interest, but not as much as the lot before. Masakhet & Karam bid more conservatively now, no doubt in part due to having won lot 4, so their finances would be pretty far stretched having went so far in that earlier bidding. The Four Lanterns bid a little bit, but they also drop out fairly early in the running. The lot is ultimately taken home by the famous Wati gourmand Baketra, who will no doubt throw together a wonderful baccanal in a few weeks showcasing her new acquisitions as centerpieces. Hopefully that will not actually mean preparing the magic cat mummy as food, but with these weird rich people, you never really know. Final total: 105% of value.

Hit me with lots 6-8 and let's get this show on the road.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose can usually sell sand in the desert, so he'll try for the difficult third position every time.

LOT 6, WEAPONS

Lot 6, Diplomacy+Meehr vs Khammayid, going 3rd for DC 25: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 1 = 32

"Khammayid, have you seen this lot? There's some fantastic stuff here!"

LOT 7, HOME FURNISHINGS

Diplomacy+Meehr vs Manaat, going 3rd for DC?: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15

Harmose is getting tired, and it shows. He tries to approach Manaat, and trips when he does so, spilling the coffee he was bringing her.

"Oooph!" Harmose looks with horror as coffee spills everywhere, and immediately starts prestidigitating it up. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! The day has been so long! I was going to show you that this would be a great coffee table but... Well, at least I didn't get any on the furniture..."

He glances up apologetically at Kito, who he's sure is washing her hands of him right now.

LOT 8, SCROLL MART

Diplomacy+Meehr vs Mesakhat/Kharam, going third for DC 29: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 = 31

"There's some really nice magic in this lot... see?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Lot 6 Weapons and Armor, value 7289 gp

Spoiler:
scarab shield, scale mail +1, ambusher equipment, masterwork khopesh, masterwork spear, mwk thieves' tools, composite shortbow, mwk quarterstaff

Potential bidders: Menya (highly interested), Khammayid (highly interested), Four Lanterns (highly interested)

Lot 7 Housewares, Furniture and Decorations, value 2073.5 gp

Spoiler:
silver goblets, poison blade chest, freshwater pearls, silver plates, silver anklet set, silk wedding robe, 150 gp in rubies (6), Ariseti's hope chest, self-portrait of Ariseti, nard perfume, clay urn of nard, small ornate vase, lapis and carnelian pendant, darkwood coffer, scarab pendant, gold chalice engraved Nethys, silver dagger and chalice, silver hand mirror, inexpensive jewelry, gold symbol of Sarenrae, small steel mirror, signet ring

Have not identified whom is most interested.

Lot 8 Scrolls, Wands and other Magics, value 3091

Spoiler:
alluring golden apple, scroll of halt undead, potion of bull's strength, scroll of align weapon, scroll of knock, scroll of flaming sphere, scroll of levitate, wand of grease (10), scroll of cure moderate wounds, scroll of effortless armor, scroll of sound burst, scroll of invisibility, scroll of warding weapon, wand of vanish (9), wand of shield (9), onyx and silver holy symbol Pharasma, scroll of magic missile, alchemist's fire (4), spellbooks (2), acid, spell component pouch (3), sunrods (2), wooden holy symbol, wooden holy symbol of Nethys (2)

Potential bidders: Masakhet/Karam (mildly interested), Four Lanterns (highly interested)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito is overjoyed with the results of the auction. The group had managed to sell all of their items and get very good prices for them.

As other lots are brought out, she bids on a small lot containing two wands of cure light wounds and a wand of lesser restoration for the group.

For herself, she manages to buy one of the pearls of power and the cracked magenta prism ioun stone. They came from separate lots, but by speaking with the buyer she was able to purchase those individual items.

She warns Thera to be careful when the magenta prism is flying around her head. She wouldn't want her to bump into it while landing!


Inactive

Happy to have landed such a windfall for themselves, even after setting aside money to purchase some much-needed 'group' gear, Aleris immediately sets her sights on a rather intricately-detailed quiver that sports a large blue stone near its top. Although she loved the design of the piece, she had also been made aware of its magical properties that would allow it to carry far more arrows than her mundane quiver and she knew that such an item could be invaluable should they ever find themselves away from civilization for an extended period of time. After acquiring her item, she seems content to pocket what's left of her share and simply watch the rest of the auction quietly.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

All right, it's time for this game to start moving again. I bid you officially welcome to the opening action sequence of Mummy's Mask 2: Empty Graves.

You spend the evening at the Canny Jackal auction house, selling many of the wares you obtained during your sojourns to the Necropolis of Wati. Many of the auctions go well for you, and you net thousands of gold pieces from the auction house. Much of the money goes back into the system, as you also make purchases from the loot that other adventuring groups have brought back from the Necropolis on their own adventures.

Empty Graves, p.9 wrote:

Less than half an hour after the auction begins, the Pharasmin priest Ptemenib leaves. If questioned, he apologizes and politely excuses himself, claiming he has important church business to attend to.

As the auction winds down and the attendees mill about, paying for their purchases and gloating over their acquisitions, a frantic pounding comes from The Canny Jackal’s front door. As a servant moves to open the door, it suddenly collapses, reduced to splinters, and a horde of zombies shamble in, hungry for the blood of the living.

I have created a new Google Slides here. There's a flavor image and a map, plus all your eight tokens placed in the auction house. You may freely rearrange your position. The slide should be editable by all. I strongly recommend using the zoom function if it works for you.

Zombie initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Roll initiative. If you beat the zombie initiative, you may post your action immediately.

An additional complication:

When the zombies first burst through the doors, two of the Canny Jackal’s servants, Ahteb and Hamapetra (male and female human), were injured. They both lie on the floor in front of the door, unmoving. (A & H tokens on map.)


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Turel looks up at the horrific scene unfolding before him...

Zombies...HERE?...Where did they come from, the Necropolis?

He sees the wounded servants and knows they are in mortal danger. Reaching for his spear he cries out to the others, "Wounded! We must get them away from the horde!"

Once Turel's action begins he plans on moving to the entrance to hold off the zombies.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Turning around, Kito is as surprised and horrified as anyone by the new guests.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Ra is admiring his set of new plate armor at the Armorers table when the crash made him spin around...


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Qari was caught dumbstruck by the zombies attacking the building. She does a double take while preparing herself. Unfortunately, the zombies were much quicker to react than she.


Inactive

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

So distracted is Aleris from showing off her new quiver to Harmose and Deseri that the sudden crashing of the doors catches her by surprise. Her jaw drops as her brain registers the hordes of zombies attempting to pile into the building.

"Wha...what's happening!?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Happily buying a wand and spending an inordinate amount of time looking between a set of ugly gloves that could be so much fun to play with and a bag that could hold a great deal. Opting to purchase the bag since that should be more useful.

Happily looking over Aleris's purchases and showing off her own. Flinching at the noise and whirling around, "Really?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I'm going to wait 12 hours longer for Harmose, because he has a high initiative modifier and has undead-affecting AoE spells, so can have a huge effect.


Beep Boop

Harmose Bot Protocol Engaged

Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Reacting as if by instinct, Harmose spins around and lets loose with a burst of colors from his hands that washes over the lead zombie!
______

From his current position he should be able to at least tag the first zombie with Colorspray, DC 16; not sure about others. He'll get the servant too but since they're already unconscious it shouldn't matter too much, I hope.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Harmose's color spray washes over the lead zombies, hitting the nearest three.

Will DC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Will DC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Will DC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Whoah! Dang... it looks like Tymora just isn't with Harmose today, mostly because she isn't part of this campaign setting. All three zombies resist Harmose's normally undead-affecting spell.

After the explosion of light and color springing from Harmose's hands, the zombies -- who normally aren't all that fast, but this time, perhaps due to the surprise effect, manage to act before most of you -- lurch forward, making drooling and gargling noises. From amidst their guttural noises, you might be able to make out some words:

Osirian:
"Braaainss..."

Zombies are naturally staggered, so they can't both move and attack in the same round. They spend this round taking move actions to spread throughout the auction house and sowing terror as they flail their limbs about, smashing pottery, knocking shelves over and accosting innocent bystanders. You may assume that there are vulnerable bystanders in almost every other square (thus making area effects a somewhat dicey proposition), but for clarity, I will not indicate them on the map.

I have moved the zombies to new positions on the map, and marked them with separate colors each, for ease of identification.

It is now everyone's turn, plus Polux still may roll initiative and act retroactively before the zombies if he desires.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel finally shakes off the surprise on seeing the zombies and quickly moves to intersect the zombies brandishing his new spear, magically altering its properties.

Move to position on map. Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Standard: Activate Spear to alter physical properties to overcome DR/Slashing.


Inactive

Not wanting to risk arrows among the scrambling, screaming crowd, Aleris draws her glaive and brings it to bear against one of the zombies slowly shuffling past her on the left!

Attack vs. Red (Glaive): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

"Zombies! Where'd they come from!?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Turel positions himself behind the green and yellow zombies, provoking attacks of opportunity as he vaults past them, but skillfully avoids both swiping arms with perfect maneuvering. Green and yellow zombies have expended one AoO each.

Aleris gives a mighty slash to the red zombie, sending its left arm and shoulder, and part of the left side of its head, flying around, spraying some green zombie gunk. Some of the bystanders scream as the goo hits them. The zombie still remains mobile, but it appears severely damaged.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra clutched at his waist for his flail, but after frantically patting his belt he realized he had not brought his weapons to the auction!

Looking around quickly, he grabbed a heavy luxury wooden chair and tore it off its mount. He held it before him and charged Zombie Aquamarine.
He screamed something that might have been "Unbreakabllllleeee!" as he charged to Bull Rush Zombie Aquamarine back away from the auction attendees.
Bull Rush: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 = 26 Will push a stock zombie back 3 spaces.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari was in a bad spot until the yellow zombie was dealt with. She had no room to use her Blast without getting pummeled. She pulls her dagger and swings it at yellow.

Attack with flank 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
Damage 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Qari's attack misses. Ra-Khefer succeeds and may reposition the targeted zombie in whichever direction he desires by those 3 spaces.

4,251 to 4,300 of 5,004 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.