Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


1,851 to 1,900 of 5,004 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Sand woman added to map. Everyone may take their after-enemy turns, and those who beat enemy initiative may also take their before-enemy turns for a total of two rounds' actions.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito's Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Thera's Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 2

If Samy will allow it, Thera would try to wake Kito after seeing the woman turn into a monster. No doubt the initiative reflects how bored Thera was since no one was speaking in Osirian.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Thera can certainly use her action to try to wake Kito. Thera uses a standard action to awaken Kito. Since Kito is still inside the sleep aura, I'm gonna rule that you need a successful Will to resist the effect, so let's have another roll from Kito.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

During the Botting. That sounds kind of dirty ;)
Staring at the friendly woman Deseri feels her thoughts fog and a memory rise to the surface. A story she has heard a hundred times.

Memory if you are interested:
Sitting with the other children in a circle around one of the older warriors in the tribe. Jaware is the favorite of the youth since he is the one with all the stories, even if they are retold many times. Jaware is smiling and half way through this one. There was this woman. Prettiest woman I had seen at that point in my life. Always be cautious of the foreign beauty. Especially if they are alone in a dangerous place. She was a Sandman. Evil creatures can mold themselves since they are mad of sand. She walked right up to Kito and stroked his cheek and he was put to sleep. Not shocking Kito has always had bad luck with women, even sand women. Grinning and leaning forward. They might not be powerful but they are cunning. Changing their shape around. Looking like pretty women, part of a dune, or horrifying sand monsters. Getting close to them makes the mind sleepy and their touch will knockout the mightiest of warriors. So fighting them is tough. Can't get close to stab them. Foul creatures are sand. But a club will work fine. Better throw it though or you will get in close and its sweet dreams until death.

I would like to put this right before the fight if possible since I went to work and crazy posting happened again.

Deseri mind boggles. This thing is one of the nightmares of the desert. Screaming Its a Sandman!

Will (DC 14): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
imitative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Panic evident in her voice Deseri yells. Arrows wont work. You need a mace. And don't let it touch you! Sandmen make people sleep then kill. Dropping her crossbow in favor of her morning star Deseri moves off to the side of the group.

Moved and next round I will charge and hopfully hit things. Gotta represent that low wisdom!


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Will 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Init. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Harmose's speech hit Qari as a bit boring. All of a sudden she just has to go to sleep, falling right out on the floor.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Let me be more clear about the awaken mechanics, that will make things easier for you when posting. If someone spends a standard action on awakening a character, that character gets to make a new Will Save DC 14. If they succeed at that Will Save, then they can post a normal action that round (move action possibly eaten up by getting up from prone, as you would drop when you fell asleep).


Female Thrush

Will Save, Kito: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 It seems Kito is not going to be any help at all this battle.

As Kito gently slumps to the floor, Thera becomes worried. Everyone had been talking in that strange tongue, so she had sort of lost interest. Looking around again, she sees the strange woman they were talking to suddenly transform and knows this is trouble.

Flapping her wings before Kito's face as she tries to wake her, she calls out "عشيقة! استيقظ! هذا ليس وقت ل قيلولة !"

Osirioni:
Mistress! Wake up! This is no time to nap!

Unfortunately, she only sleepily turns over -- never fully awakening.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose quickly does calculations in his head as he watches both Ra-Khefer and Qari fall asleep. His spells aren't likely to do much against this creature, but Ra-Khefer and Qari are machines of destruction.

"අහෝ, දැන් එන්න! මම කම්මැලි නෑ. විරෝධතාවයන්!"

Auran:
"Oh, come now! I'm not that boring. Wake up!"

Round 1

He waves his hands, and two gallons of water, the equivalent of a bucketful, falls on Qari.

Round 2

He repeats his dampening performance on Ra-Khefer.

"මම බත් කරන්න ඕන කොහොමද කියලා!"

Auran:
"See, I know how to make a splash!"

Roll those will saves, guys...


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:
Qari Falexia wrote:
Harmose's speech hit Qari as a bit boring. All of a sudden she just has to go to sleep, falling right out on the floor.

Well you have heard it before. Also good idea with the water. I thought about that when I woke up but you had done it.


Inactive

Aleris' Round 2

As Deseri calls out what she knows about the creature they're fighting, Aleris weighs her options. She didn't really want to get up close and personal but if her arrows and likely her glaive won't do much good...

Seeing Ra-Khefer, Qari, and Kito all succumb to the sandman's sleep aura seals the deal. Dropping her bow, she draws her morningstar as she attempts to dart around the creature and strike from its flank.

Attack vs. Sandman (Morningstar): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Much less practiced with this weapon, Aleris' swing goes terribly wide. Thankfully she can see Harmose conjuring water to waken their sleeping party members. "හොඳ අදහසක් Harmose! එය පවත්වා ගෙන යන්න!" she calls.

Aleris will scoot around to her current map position in such a way as to avoid AoOs. Hopefully she'll be able to get into flanking position on the next round.

Auran:

"Good idea Harmose! Keep it up!"

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

On round 2...
When doused with water by Harmose,
Will save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1 Fail. Ra snores on uninterrupted.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Will: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (5) = 17

Polux shakes the drowsiness away, even though he does not know exactly how. As some of the others fall asleep around in, he again drops the longspear, and wades in with the morningstar leading the way - "Ok then. Let's dance sandman"

Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

2 Inspiration points used for that save


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Round two:

The water rushes over Qari, hopefully helping her regain her senses!

Will 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

But Harmose's speech was just so boring, lol!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose resolves to speak in monosyllables when meeting monsters from now on: "DIE!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Polux Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Fall asleep: Kito, Ra-Khefer, Qari
Stay awake: Harmose, Aleris, Deseri, Polux, Turel

Attempts to awaken by Thera and Harmose are unsuccessful.

Recap of so far:

Those who fall asleep do so.
Begin combat.
Harmose awakens Qari - fail
Aleris fires longbow - hit but no effect
Ra-Khefer sleeps
Enemy hits Turel for 6hp - sleep saved against
Qari sleeps
Deseri moves
Polux hits with morningstar - full effect
Turel hits with spear - no effect
Kito sleeps
Thera awakens Kito - fail
Harmose awakens Ra-Khefer - fail
Aleris misses with morningstar
Ra-Khefer sleeps

That should bring us to the enemy's next turn. With Polux having done the most damage, the sand(wo)man turns its attention to him. "Silly mortals, you will fall before the might of Heshsharu! My power is timeless! You are but passing grains to one such as I!"

Slam vs Polux: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 miss

Those who have saved once against the sleep aura are now immune to it, and don't need to make new saves even if they stay near.

Everyone's turn. Kito, Qari and Ra-Khefer are still asleep.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Gonna try to wake people this round and next I will charge since half the group has sleepy sand in their eyes. Also this is the theme song for this fight.

Looking around and feeling that Ra-Kehfer would be better at fighting a Sand(wo)man than her she drops water on him. Please wake up!

Pretty please I might die if I engage it.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

On round 3...
When doused with water by Deseri,
Will save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 Fail. Ra snores on uninterrupted.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Knowledge (Local?) - does that name mean anything to me?: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (4) = 14<- Free Inspiration used

"Heshsharu you say? I don't think I ever heard that name before - is that you?" - Polux taunts, as he tries to move around the sand creature to position himself opposite to Turel - "WE are the grains then - have you looked in the mirror recently?"

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

If I fail the Acrobatics and eat an AoO:

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

He then swings his morningstar again - "Dust to dust!"

Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18+2 if flanking
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

EDIT: I moved my icon as if the Acrobatics had succeeded - if it has not, please move me back :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Aleris' Round 3

As Polux maneuvers himself around behind the creature calling itself Heshsharu, Aleris nimbly sidesteps to better help her companions surround it. She's dismayed to see that all efforts to rouse Ra-Khefer and the others seems to be failing, but continues to focus her attention on the sandman.

Attack (Morningstar): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel's face is a mask of determination. Seeing his spear having little effect, he switches tactics and start to batter the sand-woman Heshsharu with his fists and feet.

Round 2:
Full attack FoB #1: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
FoB #2: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 bludgeoning.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The name does not ring any bells to Polux. His Acrobatics isn't high enough to avoid an Attack of Opportunity, so he incurs one swing from the sandwoman.

Slam vs Polux: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 miss "Ssss! Stand still, infernal mortals! I will destroy you!"

Alas, the creature's bravado suddenly turns quite unwarranted as blows rain upon it from every side. Polux and Aleris' morningstars, combined with Turel's fists, send large chunks of the sand flying all over the place, little by little discorporating the creature until it is nothing else but grains in the wind. "Yeeeirrrghhh!" its last cry of defeat rings in the air for a few more moments before dead silence settles.

Combat is over. You may wake those sleeping at your leisure.

Buried in the sand of the courtyard are a few treasures that Heshsharu has collected from its victims over the years, including a suit of scale mail, a light crossbow, five cold iron crossbow bolts, 10 regular crossbow bolts, a gold holy symbol of Sarenrae and some coins. I will add those to the treasure document.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose steps over to Ra-Khefer. "We've dropped 4 gallons of water on his head, and he's still asleep. This may take extraordinary measures."

Wenet leaps out of her tattoo, bounds up to Ra-Khefer, and sniffs at him with her little twitchy nose. And then she bounces on the wet and soggy warrior, again and again.

SPROING!

SPROING!

SPROING!

The rabbit bounces happily, bouncing off Ra-Khefer's stomach like a trampoline.

"Eventually, this should work, I think." Harmose takes notes. "At least, I hope it will... He's way too heavy to carry back."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Thrush

Seeing the monster destroyed, Thera chirps out a happy-sounding "عمل ممتاز! لا حاجة لايقاظ عشيقة ، وأنا متأكد من أنها يمكن أن تستخدم في النوم ."

Osiriani:
Excellent work! No need to wake mistress, I'm sure she can use the sleep.

She then slowly bird-steps to Kito's waist. Carefully pecking at one of the pouches there, she tries to open it with her beak.

Stealth, untrained: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Harmose, amazingly, looks up from the spectacle that is Wenet's trampoline efforts. He raises an eyebrow. سرقت از معشوقه خود را مانند یک دزد در شب ؟ "

Osirani:
"Little one, are you sure you want to be stealing from your mistress like a thief in the night?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Staring at Wenet jumping on Ra-Kehfer. A grin forming at the thought of what should be an amusing reaction when he wakes up Deseri opts to leave Wenet to it. Giggling while moving to wake Qari. Kneeling and gently shake the tieflings shoulder. Qari? Naptime is over.

Will anyone mind if is swap the heavy crossbow I foolishly bought for the light crossbow?

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Eventually, Ra snorts, coughs and wakes up.
"Wha happened?" He asked blearily, fending off the overly excited rabbit.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari looks around at the others. "What did I miss? The sand thing and Harmsoe were talking, and then suddenly I just couldn't stay awake anymore. It was the strangest sensation. Was there a fight? I'm so embarrassed."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Aleris, can you wake Kito before Thera becomes a really fat thrush?" Harmose is barely able to keep himself from laughing.

Harmose scoops his rabbit up, and then offers a gentlemanly hand to Qari to help her up. "What happened was that Sandy Strumpet started putting everyone to sleep. I think it was some sort of magical effect." He pauses and looks at the others. "Do any of you know what it was?"

Harmose heard, but did not comprehend, Deseri's explanation. Tongues not only affects what you can say, but what you understand...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Thrush
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
Harmose, amazingly, looks up from the spectacle that is Wenet's trampoline efforts. He raises an eyebrow. سرقت از معشوقه خود را مانند یک دزد در شب ؟ "

"فإنه لا يزال الصباح! هذه ليست سرقة ، هو أكثر من جدول التغذية المتسارع ."

Osiriani:
It is still morning! This isn't stealing, it is more of an accelerated feeding schedule.

Still struggling to get the pouch open, she also chirps "لماذا هي استخدام الحقائب التي تتطلب اليدين ل فتح ؟"

Osiriani:
Why does she use pouches that require hands to open?


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"According to Deseri, it is a... 'Sandman'? They put the people to sleep, I am assuming with magic yes, then kill them" - Polux clarifies, moving to retrieve a small portion of the sand remaining from the creature, storing it in a small sample bag, and labeling it - "Nasty business"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:
Qari Falexia wrote:
Qari looks around at the others. "What did I miss? The sand thing and Harmsoe were talking, and then suddenly I just couldn't stay awake anymore. It was the strangest sensation. Was there a fight? I'm so embarrassed."

Smiling at Qari, There is no need to be. Seeing Harmose help Qari up distracts her from finishing speaking or standing up. She looks back over at Ra=Khefer with a frown. That should have been more entertaining. With a sigh she stands back up.

Walking over to Kito intending to wake her as well. As she walks over, Sandmen, or I guess Sandwomen in this case, are foul summons. Stopping her speech to kneel next to Kito. Shaking her arm, Wake up Kito. I think Thera is wanting something. Smiling when Kito wakes up. [b]You took a Sandwoman given nap.
I love the bird. She is hilarious! But you are awake now so join the hilariousness.

Looking back at the others, That is what I was told Polux. I know people summon them for one reason or another. Though why they would pick that capricious creature I have no idea. Sandman like to stay in our realm and harass and kill people. They are vicious and cruel. Frowning and then shaking her head. Putting her smile back on and standing up while offering a hand to Kito. I know they can change their shape to look like people or lose sand. So they can be sneaky.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Thanks, Polux and Deseri." Harmose takes notes on the treasure that was found, looking it over with Detect Magic, and then helps Polux and Turel pack it up. "Well, rest assured, should I ever be blessed with summoning magics, I shall never summon one of those. So... We're all awake. Let's go on to that Southwestern Chamber. Standard marching order. Are we ready?"

Stroking Wenet's ears one last time, he touches noses with his bouncy familiar, then shoos her back into the tattoo. "I have no idea what we'll meet this time. Best to be safe, my friend."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Wha...?" Kito rubs some sand from her eyes and looks around.

Getting to her feet, she mentions "I've heard of sleeping curses, but never seen one in action."

Reaching into one of her pouches, she gets out some of Thera's bird food and offers it to her. "لماذا لم تستيقظ لي يا صغيرتي ؟"

Osiriani:
Why didn't you wake me, little one?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Thrush

"هل بدا مرتاحا و كان الآخرون قادرة على تدمير الوحش خطير ." Thera chirps in response.

Osiriani:
You seemed comfortable and the others were able to destroy the dangerous monster.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito looks around, and then says "Was there anything of interest found here?" as she takes her place.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

"What? I fell asleep?" Ra said, looking around at the drifts of sand.
"That is... disturbing." He said, a troubled look on his brow.


Inactive

"It was disturbing, seeing that nothing Harmose and Deseri were doing could wake you three. Or Thera," Aleris replies. "I was worried that the sandman's sleep effect was more...permanent than Deseri had said."

"But apparently you three are just really heavy sleepers," she adds before the implication of her words grows too heavy or uncomfortable. "Some people can sleep through getting doused with gallons of water - who knew?" she chuckles.

She moves to retrieve her bow from her she dropped it and then nods at everyone as she returns to her place in the formation. "Southwestern chamber, you said? I'm ready."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra plucked at his wet clothing uselessly, then squeezed the water from his beard before taking his shield and hammer in hand and nodding his readiness to continue.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"So that's why I'm all wet, huh? The water didn't even wake me up! That's an amazing power. If those sand people could be reasoned with, and their powers used for good..."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel finishes securing the gear found among the sand-woman's remains. As he prepares to take the lead next to Ra-Khefer he responds to Qari's words in a level tone, "It has been the experience in my studies that power....ANY power tends to corrupt its wielder." He glances at the tiefling for a moment before adding "A lesson we all should keep in mind."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"It's a good lesson to keep in mind, but is it necessary to put it so harshly?" Aleris responds quietly. "Even among creatures known for supposedly being corrupt and rotten to the last, there could be an exception some day. Stranger things have happened in this world, you know."

She smiles slightly. "I'm not saying caution should be thrown to the wind, but I think it's a good idea to keep your eyes open for those possible exceptions. It could change a life or even the course of history itself."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Turel stashes the loot in the central courtyard, and then you head off to the last remaining room on this floor -- the southwestern corner room.

B12. Parlor

A large staircase climbs to the second floor from this room. Sand and dust cover the floor, and painted columns stand in all but one of the corners. Pieces of broken wood, shattered pottery, and disintegrating fabric litter the room’s perimeter. The remains of wood and fabric are all that are left of the room’s furniture, which finally succumbed to rot centuries ago.

Nobility DC 5:
The family used this room to gather or entertain guests.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Scowling at the Garundi man Deseri interjects her own opinion,Turel! That was mean. Trapping anyone in a fixed place will not allow society to grow and become better. Yes power can corrupt but it doesn't have to. Always assuming that it will is part of the problem. Expecially if you assume any power will do it. You have the power to kill and have used it. Are you corrupt? Glaring at him and then pointing to herself, Am I?


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Before they enter the parlor

Harmose steps between the glaring Deseri and Turel. "I'm sure that Turel didn't mean that we're all doomed to become vessels of corruption." He smiles at his friend. "Yes, power can be corrupting. I've seen it all my life. But power is part of who we all are. It's only troublesome if it becomes your main goal, surpassing all others. Learning to wield power responsibly, that's a life's study -- that's what happens when you become a grown-up." He smiles, self-effacingly. "It's not something I'm particularly good at, mind. But that's why I collect friends who are wiser than I am: so that I can use the gifts that I was given for something other than self-aggrandizement."

He smiles around the group. "Are we good? Then let's go on to the next room!"

PARLOR -- Harmose doesn't even have to roll to make that DC.

He claps his hands. "A room for fellowship and entertainment! How wonderful!"

He casts detect magic. Does he find anything?

IF NOT:

How wide are those stairs? Can we go up them in standard marching order?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"I'm gonna venture and say it hasn't seen much entertainment in past years" - Polux pipes in, scanning the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Seeing the room appear clear, Ra sketched in the layout on the map.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Frowning but letting the subject alone for now. [b]By all means let us move on.[b]

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

PCs who search the debris in this room can locate a few items of value overlooked by scavengers over the years, including a silver anklet set with tiny gems and an ankh charm, a tarnished silver serving tray, a silver ring, and a small ornate vase. The ring detects as magical.

The stairs are two squares wide, so enough for regular marching order.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Turning the pieces in his hands, Polux tries to evaluate their possible value with curiosity.

Appraise silver anklet set: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Appraise silver serving tray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Appraise silver ring: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Appraise ornate vase: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"None of this stuff really does it for me. Are we ready to move on? There might be something more interesting in the next room," Qari pipes up,,wanting to shift the conversation from the dark places it could easily go. Her tail whipped back and forth nervously as she tries to avoid a scrum between her friends.

1,851 to 1,900 of 5,004 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.