Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


1,651 to 1,700 of 5,004 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Hearing Harmose's idea, Kito shouts "Get out and stay out of the swarm! Harmose has an idea for one of his spells, but we need to get the death dog corpse to distract the swarm!"

She then takes off running towards where the death dog corpse was left.

I'm not clear exactly where that was, but I believe it was close. Please move me as appropriate on the map.


Inactive

Hey, why not?

Though she's not 100% certain on how Harmose's plan is supposed to work, Aleris doesn't feel inclined to ask questions at the moment. She hurries after Kito to help get the death dog's corpse into place. "Spread out as much as you can!"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Fort 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

All Qari could manage to do was to cough, and move 30' away from the swarm.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel moves up to assist Kito and Aleris in moving the corpse of the death dog corpse. "Could we perhaps drop the corpse down the well?" He asks them.

Since Turel cannot do anything else to harm the swarm he will take over lifting the death dog body where ever the others suggest .


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking wistfully towards the well, Kito says "I'm not certain we can get the beetles to go down the well."

Shaking her head, she adds "I think we best put it out where the swarm will find it. We want it to go after the corpse rather than us."


I am the tool of the GM

I got an email from Deseri, requesting a bot. She's having trouble connecting to Paizo.
________________________

Deseri backs way out of the swarm, and casts Cure Light Wounds on anyone else who is seriously wounded and also out of the swarm.

"If this doesn't work, we should run!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

With both Ra-Khefer and Deseri requesting bots, and Harmose, Aleris, Kito, Qari and Turel posted, and 24 hours having elapsed, I'm going to move on to the next round. Polux, you may take an action retroactively if you wish. :)

I believe Polux is the most wounded, so one Cure Light Wounds on him:

Deseri CLW on Polux: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Ra-Khefer assists Kito, Aleris and Turel in grabbing onto the death dog's corpse and dragging it a little distance northward, trying to attract the swarm toward it.

Harmose casts his acidic grease onto the corpse, marinading it with potent spice.

Unfortunately, while a nice thinking outside the box idea, it only buys you a round. The swarm tastes it, takes 1hp of damage for this round, but then abandons it, perhaps finding it a poor culinary experience. The swarm rises away from the death dog corpse, starting to menacingly spread in your direction/s again.

The swarm is on top of the death dog corpse now, but will attack you again next round.

Everyone may act.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"ඒ නිසා ඒ අදහස සඳහා බොහෝ." Harmose shakes his head then calls out, "දුවන්න! අංගනයට අවසරය, අපි පිටත යලි රැලි කරන්නම්!"

Auran:
"So much for that idea. Run! Leave the compound, we'll regroup outside!"

And he illustrates this by turning and running outside, gesturing for the others to follow.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"I agree, time to run!" Kito says, hesitating just enough to see that the others are following.

Try to leave the compound. We should be able to move faster than the swarm, especially since it is currently in the grease this round.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You retreat heyond the outer gate to the street outside. The swarm buzzes around you throughout the eastern courtyard, but after you leave it, it begins to dissipate around you, reducing to nothing once you are beyond the outer gate. You wait and catch your breath a moment, stomping and crushing some of the scarabs still clinging to your bodies.

Combat is over. You are outside the outer gate.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose picks up one of the scarabs, and tosses it into a jar for later identification. He then crushes the rest on his body ruthlessly. "I hate swarms!" Prestidigitating his robes clean, he turns to the others with bright eyes.

"I have two more alchemical fires in my pack, but those scarabs are hard to hit." He pulls them out. "I'm willing to give them to others who are better with their aim than I am, but I'd also like us to come back with something in our arsenal that always hits. Besides, we need to purchase some holy water to deal with the haunt at the gate anyway. I propose us taking a break to get more supplies before we go back in there."

He turns to Kito and grins. "How would Thera like another tasty scroll? I was thinking of getting her a scroll of 'burning hands'."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel nods in agreement with Harmose. "It seems as if we were not as prepared as we should have been. Fortunately the scarab swarm did not leave any lasting harm."

As the party confers outside the outer gate, Turel gazes at the scarab bodies intently.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 To pick up the Knowledge spoiler at the beginning of the encounter.

He picks up one of the scarab carcasses and holds it up to the morning sunlight. "These scarab beetles have long been associated with Osirian burial rites and the church of Pharasma. I have also heard scarabs are prone to swarm because they’re drawn to the same malign energy that causes some undead to rise in Osirion, though most people regard this explanation as purely superstition. Some worshipers of Pharasma see the arrival of a scarab swarm as a portent for ill fortune." He lets the scarab husk fall to the ground and stares at it for a moment longer. "Perhaps I should pay a visit to Bal Themm here. She may be interested in learning of this."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Well, that was completely awful! Usually my aim is pretty good at those big swarms, but I couldn't get a good shot off at it! As slow as it is, maybe we could lure it out, and pick it away from range? I have to make sure it doesn't get on me again. That stung!"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Brushing her hands over her clothing and running them through her hair to ensure that the beetles are not attached to her. So we leave to get more fire and then are we trying again for today?


Inactive

"Seems like it," Aleris replies as she brushes off one or two particularly persistent scarabs. "Holy fire didn't seem to have any effect on them either, so there's not much I can do otherwise. At least we all seem to be okay," she smiles.

She then turns to Turel, looking curious. "I'd read something similar about scarabs being associated with Pharasma. Do you think that might be why my ability had no effect on them?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Shaking her head, Kito says "Not today. It takes time to properly digest the magics."

That plus I can't change spells memorized already.

"I think it would make sense to ask more about the scarabs. Perhaps there are other ways to deal with them. Remember we also need some things to take care of the haunt at the gate!"


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel rubs his head in thought as he considers Aleris' words. "To be honest with you, I am not sure. It is one possible explanation...among others. Bal Themm would know of of this I am sure." He glances over at Deseri and nods in agreement. "I see no reason why we cannot return later today once we have picked up our supplies. I am worried one of the other adventuring parties may try to ransack this house while we are not here."


Inactive

"Wouldn't they have to get past the gate? If the haunt manifests itself again, it might be enough to spook the more cowardly. That and I think if we do our best to put things like they were, at least on the outside, this place shouldn't draw anyone's attention while we're gone."

Aleris looks up to check the position of the sun in the sky. "It's plenty early yet and we know what we're looking for and where to get it, so it shouldn't take us long to go pick up some supplies and get back with plenty of daylight left. We'll just need to be quick about it, is all."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito gets a worried and somewhat embarrassed look.

"If we are going back in, it should be immediately rather than run for supplies. I've already used my protective charm and it only lasts two hours."

"If we just avoid the beetles, we should be able to go back in. The beetles will have to wait for another day."

Mage Armor (a.k.a. the protective charm) is the only reason Kito's AC is 14 rather than 10.


Inactive

"Oh..." Aleris looks from Kito to the others and then back towards the house. "Well, it did look like there were other ways into the house. Maybe we could do that, then."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"If we see more of those beetles, we need to run immediately! Without more alchemist's fire, we've got no chance against them," Qari says, not certain the group was really prepared to go back in, but not wanting to seem a chicken.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"So we're going back into the house? Is that the consensus? I have two alchemist's fires still in my pack." Harmose pulls them out. "But those beetles were difficult to hit. Who wants them?"


Inactive

"It looks like it," Aleris nods. "There's the front door and maybe there's another side entrance from the western courtyard, too. As long as we're quick and quiet, we should be able to get inside without attracting attention."

When Harmose offers the two alchemist's fires, Aleris nods towards Turel and Polux. "Maybe they should carry them? They'll be up front most of the time."

Once the matter of who is carrying what is decided on, Aleris readies herself to follow the others back onto the mansion grounds.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel accepts one of the alchemist fire flasks, and waits for Polux to take the other one. He smiles at Polux, "I believe you wanted to check out the western courtyard? Hopefully all of the scarab beetles will stay near their home."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Ok that works for me.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra glanced with some disgust at his Scarab Shield and nodded in agreement.
"For now, let us assay the Western courtyard."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose nods. "The western courtyard it is. Standard marching order, let's go!"

He attempts to use Mage Hand on the side entrance. Samy, does it open?


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Polux had been seemingly distracted examining the Sollifugid chelicera retrieved earlier, and didn't even realize Harmose had moved to open the door.

He puts the samples away when he does notice, and focuses on the task at hand.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Rather than pausing your expedition to resupply right away, you choose to deal with the swarm at the granary later, and move on to continue your expedition elsewhere on the estate. Harmose opens the gate to the western courtyard with Mage Hand, and Polux slips inside to scout.

***
The western side of the estate forms an L-shaped yard mostly given to sand, sun-dried earth, and the ancient husks of dead trees. Stone benches line the walls of the yard, and a large tiled pool sits in the southwest corner, dried and partially filled with sand. A short flight of steps leads between a pair of pillars to a set of stone doors in the west side of the house. At the north end of the yard stands a squat stone building with columns at every corner.
***

When exploring the western courtyard, Polux discovers a Huge (i.e. roughly elephant-sized) centipede of some kind at the bottom of the large tiled pool.

Centipede Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Centipede Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Polux Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Polux Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

The centipede does not notice Polux but Polux notices the centipede. He may attack or retreat back to the group.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Polux returns to inform his companions - "Not sure if it can climb up from the pool. If not, we can just ignore it" - he adds.

So.... We are waiving the fact that Harmose was going to open the door, or...?

Wait! ELEPHANT sized?!

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I think I wrote that Harmose opened the door. :) And yes. You read right.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel's eyes widen as Polux describes the sheer size of the centipede.

While I know of such vermin are able to grow as large as their food supplies allow them to, I have not heard of one growing so large...without devouring everything in sight.

He turns to face the others, a troubled look on his face. "I do not like this at all. What is this centipede feeding on, if it is indeed trapped in the pool...and if it is not trapped, but merely resting from the midday heat, then where DOES it go to feed?"

He looks at the others closely, especially Ra-Khefer who rattles and clanks in his banded armor, and shakes his head. "I see no way to sneak around it without alerting it, and I do not wish to discover personally how fast it can move!"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Hearing the description, Kito says "Wait, it was how big?" with a mixture of disbelief and astonishment.


Inactive

"Well...if we don't want to try tangling with it now, then lets try the front door," Aleris suggests, though her expression and tone betray at least some degree of curiosity about what Polux claims to have seen.

Bugs can't really get that big...can they?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra looked startled at the report of the creature in the empty pool.
"Is it too late to go back and deal with the swarm? I have some torches here..."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Frowning, Kito points out "I don't like the idea of leaving vermin that big alive in the midst of the city."

"Would something like that be any more intelligent than a normal bug? If not, perhaps we can drive it back and forth by getting people with missile weapons on each side?"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Swarms, huge vermin...is this building behind our capabilities? Perhaps we've bitten off a bit more than we can chew here. Wonder if any groups would like to trade assignments?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"No, we should be able to deal with this. It's one, we're many." Harmose looks at the rest of the group. "It's elephant-sized, which means that we should be able to hit it, right? Deseri, you've been very quiet. You're from the desert. Have you heard of these bugs? Do you know of any weaknesses?"

Save us Deseri. Roll Knowledge Nature!

"Assume the worst. Assume it can climb. Assume it's poisonous. I agree that we should use as much ranged tactics as we possibly can before closing with it. Still, we should be able to fight it with the warriors that we have in this group. Are we ready to act as one, surprise the bug, and attempt to kill it?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking at Polux's longspear, Kito asks "How deep is the pool? If your spear were a little longer -- say about 12' in length -- do you think you could strike at it while it was still in the pool?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

knowledge.nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 sorry had a rather nasty migraine. Samy I do not see any info in previous posts so do I know anything about monstro bug? If the reply happens while I an at work. So 8 hours from now the info would have been shared.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

In response to Kito's question, Deseri would expect that unless there are some extraordinary circumstances at work, the centipede would probably not be significantly more intelligent than normal-sized varieties.

In response to Harmose's question, Deseri does not know of any weaknesses. Deseri does warn that centipedes are often poisonous, though.

Polux did not get a good estimate of the pool's depth, but it's certainly not deeper than 10'. Since Huge size is a 15' cube, there should be no reach issues with hitting the creature regardless of weapon size.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

I have never see a bug get that big but in the desert most creature are small since food is scarce. As to why it is that big I do not know but is may still be poisonous and I have not idea if it would be a stronger or weaker poison. If we surround it we might succeed. Or at least it will be focused on one person while everyone else attacks it.

Just realized I screwed myself with the heavy crossbow due to the reloading time without the feat so I will be selling and swapping it for the light one later. Silly me. Also what is up with all the evill bugs Samy. Creepy crawlies everywhere! Bugs are really the only animal I cannot stand.


Inactive

"Kito does have a good point, that thing has to eat and if we leave it alone it might eventually slither outside the gates and attack one of the other groups," Aleris adds. "If we prepare, I think we can more or less get the drop on it and surround it. And like Deseri said, it can only attack one of us at a time. I say we take care of it; at least here we're all able to be effective."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"Well, I guess we are set on a course of action then" - Polux smiles, swirling one of his flasks in one hand - "Shall we?"

If we do decide to engage, will take down an Extract of Shield beforehand.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

map link

I have added the centipede to the map. Starting from the gate to the western courtyard, you can get a surprise round thanks to Polux's successful scouting.

Centipede Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Everyone may post a surprise round action, roll their initiative, and those who beat the centipede's initiative may also post a full round action for the first full combat round.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Assuming Polux can drink before the combat begins.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Yes, that is fine.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Qari moves to 30' from the beast and blasts a shot of cold energy at the vermin.

RTA with PBS 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12
Damage 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Surprise Round:

Turel moves as quickly as possible into the courtyard readying his spear to fling at the enormous vermin...

Round 1:

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 A tie in initiative is then determined by the DEX bonus so that means Turel wins here, so...

...and flings his spear at the centipede.

Shortspear, thrown: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 piercing.

His spear ricochets off the floor of the tile pool, but he does not slow down here, moving as quickly as possible around the edge of the pool and readying his other spear for attack.

Move next to pool, position indicated on the map.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Harmose is so quick to move that he overbalances and misses completely with his Acid Splash. He mutters. "මම මේ පහර පහසු වන බවයි ..."

Auran:
"And I thought these would be easy to hit..."

1,651 to 1,700 of 5,004 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.