Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


1,951 to 2,000 of 5,004 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel responds in a somewhat distracted voice, "Yes, this place would have been a splendid place to visit, back before those dark times. I still question the wisdom of unearthing these secrets. It could lead to a re occurrence of the Plague!" Sighing heavily he readies his spear and takes his place next to Polux as Harmose pulls the door open.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

I positioned everyone on the main map. Please adjust yourselves as needed.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Just when you have positioned yourself to face the southcenter door, and Harmose casts Mage Hand, you are attacked from another direction entirely. From the door leading to the northeast room, a reddish-hued head peeks out, and then flits out entirely, reveling itself to be nothing but a detached head flying around on bat wings.

This creature is a blackened, bat-winged fiend's head. Tentacles dangle from chin and scalp, and its fanged mouth hangs agape.

(Image)

Polux and Turel's rolls already count for noticing the creature, but they both gain an extra +2 each for having been actively looking. Everyone else may roll their standard Perception bonus.

Enemy Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Well that went well.

The creature peeks out the door, and then rushes straight at the closest pair of you, which is Qari and Ra-Khefer, making a bite attack at the latter.

Bite vs Ra-Khefer: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21 I believe that's a hit.
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 plus poison, roll Fort Save DC 12

Planes DC 12 Trained:
A vargouille is larger than a human head, typically between 12 and 20 inches high with a 15- to 35-inch wing span. Vargouilles are not natives of the Material Plane but can often be found there nevertheless, occupying graveyards, ancient battlefields, or anywhere one can find remnants of death and decay. These hideous monsters come from the fiendish outer planes, where they flop and flap through strange and haunted skies in constant search of fresh souls to torment. In these nightmare realms, vargouilles play a role similar to that of a raven or vulture, although they augment these roles with a malevolent delight in causing pain and anguish that no scavenger bird could ever hope to match.

The poison in their bite renders their bite immune to magical healing.

Planes DC 17 Trained:
Vargouilles attack by swooping in on their opponents, shrieking them into paralysis, and then biting them with rows of razor-sharp teeth. When multiple vargouilles take up a common cause and fight as allies, they overwhelm their victim with bites and shrieks, tearing it to shreds.

They have a paralyzing shriek.

Planes DC 22 Trained:
A vargouille's low power and hideous method of reproduction make for a dangerous combination. Vargouilles are relatively easy to summon to the Material Plane, and once here, they can swiftly reproduce, creating more and more of their hideous kind from those who fall victim to their kiss. Vargouilles created on the Material Plane in this manner are still extraplanar creatures, and as such can be banished with the right magic.

Their kiss transforms a creature into like them.

Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

If you beat the enemy's Initiative, you may post your first full round action after the creature bites Ra-Khefer. Additionally, if you also beat its Stealth, you may also take a standard action *before* the creature charges. Those who do not beat the enemy's Initiative may not post a mechanical action yet, though they may of course post flavor text.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Fort save vs DC12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
"Agh!" Grunted Ra as he is bit by the filthy creature before he could get his guard up.
Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Perception, not that it matters: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Knowledge: Planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Kito only notices the creature as Ra-Khefer grunts in pain.

Waiting for my turn


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

After Harmose opens the door, he glances at Aleris. She looks so beautiful, playing with her ring absent-mindedly. Is she playing with it because she's nervous? Or just wants to assure herself that the proposal was real?

He's so distracted by this thought that he misses spotting the bat-thing until it attacks. Poor Ra-Khefer! Why do all the monsters love to bite him? Are dwarves that tasty? On second thought, I don't want to know the answer to THAT.

Stepping forward five feet, he color-sprays the bat thing, angling his cone to miss his friends. Perhaps he can get the darn bat to drop to the courtyard, and take falling damage.

"මම මළුව එය අතහැර දැමීමට බලාපොරොත්තු වෙනවා . මෙම අසමත් වන්නේ නම්, ඉවත් එය පන්දුවට පහර දීමට මැලි කරුණාකරලා! "

Auran:
"I'm hoping to drop it to the courtyard. If this fails, please feel free to bat away at it!"

Color Spray: DC 16 Will Save, Subtract 5 from creatures hit-dice to determine effects.


Inactive

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

With her eyes so focused on watching the door that Harmose is in the process of opening and fiddling with her ring, Aleris doesn't spot the flying head until it's already closed the distance to bite Ra-Khefer.

"Oh!" she gasps as she raises her bow and moves to get a better angle on her shot. "What in the world is it?" she grimaces, skidding to a stop and firing an arrow.

Attack (MW Longbow; PB Shot, Into Melee): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Turel glances over to Polux and readies his spear for what lay beyond the doorway, before the comotion behind him draws his attention. His face pales at the sight of the flying head. "By the Sands, what IS that thing?" He breathes.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sorry for the low roll. And I love these monsters! They are so much fun. Not going to roll the perception since there is no way I could get it.

Yelling out, More evil summoned fiends! Their Vargouille! Their bite is nasty and prevents healing magic's.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Qari was taken by surprise when her friend was rushed by the creature. She took a 5' step away from he beast but fire a cold ray at the beast as it attempted to eat the oread.

RTA into melee with PBS 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 4 = 7

Damage 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Polux Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Vargouille Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Qari's cold ray misses the vargouille, and it resists Harmose's spell. However, Aleris' arrow strikes it for 3hp damage.

The vargouille opens its distended mouth and lets out a bone-chilling shrieking noise that seems like it comes from the Lower Planes themselves. Everyone must roll Fortitude DC 12 or be paralyzed for 2d4 rounds.

Everyone's turn.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Fortitude: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Rounds Paralyzed: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

The scream freezes Harmose, deep inside, rumbling up his bones and paralyzing him.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Fort save vs DC12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Save!

Ra snarled and swung his greathammer in a great arc...
Greathammer attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 for a possible 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 crush damage.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Fort save DC 12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 saved.

Turel feels the scream wash over him but shrugs off its effects. He sprints around the corner and moves over next to Ra-Khefer, stabbing hard at the monstrosity with his spear.

Round 1:
Move: move 30' next Ra-Khefer.
Attack: MW Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 piercing.


Inactive

Fort (DC 12): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Perhaps she's bolstered by the ring on her finger and the companions at her side because the scream doesn't seem to faze Aleris in the slightest, other than causing her to flinch slightly due to sheer volume.

"You don't scare me!" she calls out defiantly as she rushes behind the others and around to the other side of the opening in the floor. "Go back to wherever you came from!" Raising her bow, she fires off another shot at the creature.

Attack (MW Longbow; PB Shot, Into Melee): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Just noticed that Aleris actually did make the lowest DC knowledge check on this thing; thought it was a higher number to beat for some reason. Oh well, she is a bit more distracted than usual...


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Fort 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Qari blasts away yet again at the demonic creature, trying to get it to retreat from threatening the group.

RTA into melee with PBS 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 4

Damage 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Success!

Pointing at the creature, Kito shouts out "Vargouille! The poisonous bite prevents healing!" Wait, what did Deseri say? Oops...think I just repeated what she had said.

She then moves directly behind Ra-Khefer and attempts to drain it of luck.

Misfortune hex, DC 16 Will save.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Flinching at the scream Deseri raises her crossbow and shoots.
hvy crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12I assume that misses the head. I need to change to the light one but I forget to update the sheet and now we are fighting. But if that hits here is maybe damage
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Wow, all but one of you made it. Clearly the DC was too low. ;)

Moving on, Polux may take his turn retroactively.

Everyone else misses the slippery little devil, but Ra-Khefer's greathammer strikes home, slamming the vargouille for 5hp damage (now 8 damage total).

Vargouille Will vs Misfortune: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

The vargouille takes a five foot step to the west, which puts it within reach of the paralyzed Harmose.

Melee Touch vs Harmose: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Provokes AoO

The creature attacks Harmose, but I'm going to hold off on describing the attack until AoOs resolve. Ra-Khefer may make an AoO since he threatens the vargouille, and there's also Polux's retroactive turn plus a possible AoO from him as well, depending on his movement. So there's three possible attacks to resolve against the vargouille.

Those who saved against the vargouille's shriek are immune to that vargouille's shriek for 24 hours. Alas, that doesn't help against the second vargouille's shriek. What second vargouille? Well, I'm glad you asked...

A second vargouille peeks out the next door south of the door that the first one emerged from. It moves next to Aleris, and lets out another ear-tearing hellish screech. Everyone gets to save again. Fortitude DC 12 or paralyzed for 2d4 rounds.

Everyone else may move on and post their next turn if they wish. I'll let you know what if anything the first vargouille does to Harmose after Ra-Khefer and Polux post, and we know whether they manage to kill it first.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Out of turn...
Ra flailed his greathammer as the first vargouille darted to attack a companion.
Greathammer AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Wild miss.

Ra flinched at yet another scream attack from a second vargouille.
Fort save vs DC12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Save! But gritted his teeth and pushed through it.

On my turn...
Angered now, Ra stumped forward to attack the first vargouille (or the second if the first is down) and swung hard.
"You can only attack a helpless target? Pathetic! WE ARE UNBREAKABLE!!"
Greathammer power attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 23 for a possible 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10 crush damage.


Inactive

Fort (DC 12): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Rounds: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Unaware of the second vargouille until it's too late, Aleris feels her blood run cold and her limbs stiffen at the sound of the second shriek. Horrified, she's unable to do anything but watch as the first vargouille attacks her betrothed...


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Fortitude vs 2nd Vargouille: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 Ah, fort saves. My old friends.
Rounds Paralyzed (again): 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

The sounds from the Vargouilles remind Harmose of a time when he was nine years old, surrounded by demons who slew his nanny and his guards before his very eyes. Frozen with fear, he was helpless, but screaming inside for the help that never came.

It does not surprise him that the Vargouille is coming for him. They had always said they would return for him, didn't they?


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Fort 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Qari again blasts at the flying creature, first at the one on Harmose. If that one is down, she rides her cold day at the second.

RTA into melee with PBS 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 9

Damage 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Fort save DC 12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 saved.

Turel blood turns to ice, and not because of the scream from the second monster. Seeing Aleris frozen and helpless is more than enough.

Staggering closer to it he lunges at the second one with his spear, his face a mask of fury.

5' step to his right.
Attack: MW spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22;
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 piercing.


I am the tool of the GM

Do we want to bot Polux?


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

I am ok with it. Samy did my 12 miss the shot?

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 I failed!
Rounds Paralyzed: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 Well it seems I will be missing this fight too. At least I got to help some.

The high pitched scream tears though Deseri's mind. I can't move! Oh Gods I can't move. Breath its ok. We can still see and it all looks normal except I can't move!


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Barely succeed!

"They are attacking the helpless?" Kito decries in disbelief.

She quickly rushes over to Aleris and drags her back away from the vargouille, to the other side of herself.

Reposition Aleris, who is paralyzed so Str = 0, Dex = 0, CMD should be 1.

Reposition: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Made it by 15, can move her 20 feet. Only moved her 15 feet.


I am the tool of the GM

BOTTING POLUX

Click... Whirr...
____

First Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Polux shrugs the scream off and lunges with his spear. "Okay, so really, what's going on here? We have nasty screaming bats, haunts, sandmen, skeletons, and other assorted monsters all in the same building?"

Longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

His attack glances off the batlike creature. "What were they all doing before we got here? Having a card party?"

Then as the Vargouille descends on Harmose, Polux's banter ends. The warrior grows deadly serious as he focuses on a kill shot with his spear, poking the bat head in the eye.

Attack of Opportunity, Longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Crit?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage if Crits: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (3, 7) + 12 = 22

Second Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The second scream rolls over Polux harmlessly, but it surprises him enough that his last spear attack goes wide.
Longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Where do they keep coming from?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You lucky sonuva. Talk about a last minute save.

Unfortunately 12 misses, Deseri. :(

Polux's longspear skewers the first vargouille right through the center a split second before it would have done something nasty to Harmose. It twitches a few times before going still on the spear. Polux will have to shake the spear a little to detach the creature from it.

Harmose, Aleris and Deseri are paralyzed for the next round. Kito repositions Aleris, quite likely saving her from whatever was going to happen to Harmose earlier. Polux and Qari miss with their respective attacks, but Ra-Khefer and Turel team up on the second vargouille for a set of successful attacks that total 16 points of damage. The vargouille appears severely beaten by the attacks, but is still standing (as a figure of speech).

I moved Ra-Khefer several steps east, to be where Aleris was before Kito's maneuver, as that's the only position where he can reach the vargouille from. Similarly, I moved Polux to one of the positions where he can reach the thing from.

Clever girl, Kito, about the reposition. I didn't even remember such a maneuver existed. Very smart move. Possibly saved Aleris' life. ;)

With its vulnerable target Aleris denied, the second vargouille is only faced with a front of three non-paralyzed warriors. It takes a five foot step west, and then tries to bite one of them.

From west to east...
Choices, choices: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Ra-Khefer

Bite vs Ra-Khefer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 plus poison, Fort DC 12 or damage can't be magically healed

Everyone's turn.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

When bitten...
Fort save vs DC12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Save!

On his turn...
"Foul parasite! Haven't you realized? WE ARE UNBREAKABLE!!" He shouted as he brought his Greathammer around with great power.
Greathammer power attack against vargouille 2: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15 for a possible 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 crush damage. But only clipped him.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Ra-Khefer's blow is enough to shatter the second vargouille into two separate halves in a wet splat, killing it.

Momentarily, you may feel like the combat may be over. But then, Harmose in particular sees something come into view right in front of him, another horrific looking disembodied head different from the vargouilles, hovering just behind Qari, whispering an arcane incantation into the kineticist's ear. The new head materializes out of thin air right behind Qari as it casts a spell.

Qari only:
You hear a voice whispering that there are so many terrors and dangers in this house, you will surely all die unless you get out of here right now. The voice tells you that you *must* leave *right now*. Will Save DC 15, or you feel magically compelled to do just that, leaving the house as fast as you can.

The new foe's action came at the end of the ending round. The unparalyzed may act again. Everyone now sees a disembodied head hovering right behind Qari.

Spellcraft DC 17:
The spell it cast on Qari is suggestion

(Image 1) (Image 2) of the new foe.
This disembodied and bestial head covered in lashing hair and curling horns flies through the air.

Planes DC 12:
While demons exist to destroy, devils yearn to corrupt and control, and daemons seek the death of all things, the foul beings known as divs strive to ruin and despoil all things created by mortals. Spawned from corrupted genies exiled to the accursed depths of Abaddon, divs harbor an ancient hatred against all mortalkind, doing all in their power not simply to destroy but also to torment all that lives. Patient and vicious, divs seek to spoil all things beautiful and joyous, dooming their victims to existences full of frustration and suffering before succumbing to lengthy, painful deaths.

Dorus are the divs that whisper in the night, the foul inspiration that drifts upon fetid winds, the messengers of pretender gods. Wild hair whips around a doru's six twisting horns, while a flat nose, a fanged mouth, and red glowing eyes complete the terrifying image of this bodiless monstrosity. Dorus almost always fly, preferring to stay at heights that keep them at the eye level of those with whom they would have dealings. When not flying, dorus roll across the ground in a disturbing manner, horns bouncing and teeth clattering as the creatures cackle and cartwheel, terrifying children and shocking the faint of heart.

The least of the divs, dorus serve as messengers and servants of other divs and sometimes mortal spellcasters. While not strong combatants, dorus prefer to sow ruin in more subtle ways. They enjoy tainting mortals with exaggerated news and outright lies, trying to turn impressionable beings to waste and wickedness. Even if a doru fails to fully corrupt an intelligent being itself, it attempts to weaken the target's will, making the victim more pliable to future corruption and ruin.

DR 10/cold iron or good

Planes DC 17:
The least of the divs, dorus serve as messengers and servants of other divs and sometimes mortal spellcasters. While not strong combatants, dorus prefer to sow ruin in more subtle ways. They enjoy tainting mortals with exaggerated news and outright lies, trying to turn impressionable beings to waste and wickedness. Even if a doru fails to fully corrupt an intelligent being itself, it attempts to weaken the target's will, making the victim more pliable to future corruption and ruin.

Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, electricity 10

Planes DC 22:
All divs have some manner of esoteric flaw in their personalities—dorus are obsessed with secrets. These covetous fiends hoard secrets and legends like a miser hoards gold. This thirst for information causes the curious dorus to enter into ridiculous bargains to obtain hidden knowledge from those they believe hold tales of special interest or value, especially when such information has the potential to aid in the corruption of future souls. Such bargains are usually what seal dorus to servitude, whether their service be to other divs or to mortal spellcasters. Cunning creatures, dorus often act as double (and sometimes triple) agents, but they rarely maintain this complex series of lies and deceptions for long. Dorus abhor mortals, as all divs do, and find it difficult to remain obedient to such beings for more than a span of a few decades at most. Only the most precious and profane secrets have the potential to keep a doru faithful to a mortal master for more than a century.

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th; concentration +8)
Constant—detect good, detect magic
At will—invisibility (self only)
3/day—charm person (DC 13), minor image (DC 14)
1/day—suggestion (DC 15)
1/week—commune (CL 12th, 6 questions)

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

"ANOTHER one? You're going to get the same, abomination!" Ra challenged.
He moved up to the new disembodied flying head and swung for the hills again.
Greathammer power attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 = 15 for a possible 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9 crush damage.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I'm not sure Ra-Khefer can get within reach of the enemy *and* attack in the same round.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Knowledge:Planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"I think that is a Dorus? I think weapons made of cold iron or blessed by a goodly power are needed. Immune to fire, resistant to electricity and acid."

She recites this almost as if reading from a book.

I guess now is a good time to let loose with a shriek.

Kito then tenses and straightens her arms while she let's out a faint, high-pitched "Eeeeeeeeeaaaa!"

Ear-piercing scream, DC 16 Fort. 1d6 Sonic and dazed, half and no daze if they save.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Aleris continued to watch helplessly as the battle continued between her group and the two vargouilles, relief flooding through her as Polux managed to spear the first creature at the very last second before it could sink its teeth into Harmose. As Turel came charging to her own defense she felt a tightness in her chest; thankfulness mixed with an odd sort of sorrow. Even though she knew he wasn't a malicious man, it still would've been easy for him to have pretended to not notice her predicament due to the heat of battle.

Thank you, Turel... she thinks as Kito grabs her arm and pulls her away from the second vargouille. I was right, you don't have a wicked bone in your body.

As the remaining vargouille is quickly dispatched, the sylph mentally breathes a sigh of relief...and then feels a fresh wave of fear as she catches sight of yet another creature that appears behind Qari, a creature that she immediately recognizes from a book she'd once read during her studies at the temple in Magnimar.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

No...!

She tries to struggle but it's no good, her body is still completely frozen in places just as Harmose's is.

Lady Shelyn help us all...

Flavor post because why not? :)


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

The spear had come out from nowhere to save him, but before he can feel relief again another head appears, this time behind Qari.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Harmose sees the head, but he's too terrified for Qari to see what spell it cast.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

The tiefling takes off in a sprint, as the voices in her head win out. It was only a matter of time until something in this place got them. "We need to leave," she screams, not waiting for an answer. She heads toward the closest known exit from the building.


I am the tool of the GM

In eight or so hours it'll be Monday morning, Polux-time. I think I'll forgo the bot and let him come in and do the hero thing himself. Sound good?

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Samy wrote:
I'm not sure Ra-Khefer can get within reach of the enemy *and* attack in the same round.

I see it now. Instead of trying that, Ra sees no way to get at the enemy through his companions; so he double moves around the other side of the balcony, aiming to come up on it's other side next round.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Bot Buddy 2000 wrote:
Polux shrugs the scream off and lunges with his spear. "Okay, so really, what's going on here? We have nasty screaming bats, haunts, sandmen, skeletons, and other assorted monsters all in the same building?"

I laughed at this one Harmose :D Thanks for the bot - weekend was VERY busy, and the next two weeks are preparing to be quite like it, but I'll do my best to keep up.

Three words register for Polux - "Dorus something..." and "Cold iron..." - so with a smile he steps forward, and lashes again with his longspear, holding it high above his head.

Long Spear, Cold Iron: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel sees Qari start to panic and knows he has little time to react here. Seeing the tiefling is already near the stairs he instead leaps down on the landing so as to bar the path of her flight.

Double move. Turel will jump down the landing and try landing on his feet. DC 15 Acrobatics skill check allows you to ignore the first 10 feet fallen: Acrobatics DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21. Success! Once positioned on the landing, he will ready to Grapple Qari when she runs past him.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Harmose, Aleris and Deseri remain paralyzed by the vargouille shrieks even though the creatures themselves are now dead. Qari runs away and Turel goes after her. Ra-Khefer double moves trying to reach the doru. Polux swings his longspear at it but misses. Kito's sonic scream is the only thing to affect the doru this round.

Doru Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Fail! Dazed!
Sonic Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The doru takes no action as it is dazed. Everyone's turn.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari yells at Turel, as she tries to I've by him. "Get out of the way, fool! Can't you see we will never make it out of here alive!". She attempts to move by him, and if she can't she will try to move through him.

Bull rush if necessary 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel does not bother to respond verbally but as she charges into him, he steps aside and grabs her with both arms.

A Bull Rush provokes an AoO, which Turel will take. He will initiate a Grapple which does not provoke an AoO due to his Improved Grapple feat. Grapple vs CMD 12: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15 success. Qari is now Grappled.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito moves near Harmose and casts her small blessing on Polux.

Move 15', cast Guidance on Polux.

I hope Turel doesn't expect us to handle this alone....


Inactive

Just a check and a check-in, is Aleris paralyzed for 2 more rounds or is it 3?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

If my count is right, Aleris is paralyzed this current round and the next, but frees after that.


Inactive

Awesome, thank you! Carry on, friends :)

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Clumping around the balcony, Ra double moves to flank the floating head.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Let me go you big dummy! We are all going to die here! You are killing us," Qari screams, quite incoherently.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

I'm not sure, but I think Qari's position has changed?

Spitting some sort of curse regarding flying heads, and haunted homesteads, Polux pivots on his left foot, adapting his position, and spinning around to his right, flanking the creature with Ra-Khefer - "Time to end this master Khefer?" - he smiles.

Cold Iron Longspear: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The thrust itself seems well aimed, but not as strong as he would have liked.

1,951 to 2,000 of 5,004 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.