Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


2,001 to 2,050 of 5,004 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Between Kito's sonic scream and Polux's cold iron spear, the doru is significantly damaged, but not yet slain. "No! There's too many of you accursed humans! I must flee!" it speaks, and tries to turn invisible. That unfortunately provokes an attack of opportunity from Ra-Khefer and Polux. AoOs may be taken, and then the div, if still alive, turns invisible, and then it's everyone's turn.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra-Khefer snarls as the div tried to flee.
Warhammer AoO vs Div: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 for a possible 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Crush damage.


I am the tool of the GM

BOTTING POLUX

Click. Whirr....
____

As the creature attempts to turn invisible, Polux attacks. "Perhaps I might have agreed with you if you had just fled in the first place. But now I'm afraid I must poke a hole in your plans."

AoO Cold Iron Longspear vs Div: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21 includes flank
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

And that's enough. Polux spears the doru just in time as it's turning invisible, and it stays half-transparent impaled on the cold iron longspear, twitching a couple of times before being still.

Combat is over. Gradually the shriek paralyses wear off in a few seconds. I think the suggestion on Qari isn't dispelled on caster death, however, so she will still feel compelled to leave the house.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Once movement is again possible Deseri gasps and drops to her knees and press her forehead to the ground with her arms wrapped around herself. It takes her a moment to notice the commotion with Qari. Quickly standing and moving towards her.

Samy can I do a spell craft to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it?

spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8Or not if it would have even worked. I shall be my normal non-helpful self then.

Calling out What is wrong with her?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I would certainly have allowed it to work, if the roll had gone your way. :) As it is though, I believe Aleris made the Spellcraft roll earlier to identify the spell, and I think she's stated that she shares everything unless otherwise noted, so as soon as she un-paralyzes (which is anytime you like, now that combat is over), she can relate what's up with Qari.

She also knows that suggestion has a duration of hours. Or, if applicable (you don't know what was suggested to Qari):

PRD wrote:
If the suggested activity can be completed in a shorter time, the spell ends when the subject finishes what it was asked to do.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

When Harmose finally comes out of paralysis, he's pale and shaking. It looks like he wants to do nothing more than flee the house himself. But he forces himself to take Polux's hand, and shake it. And then he turns to the others. "I think that Aleris and I owe you our lives. Des too!"

"Suggestion spell?" Then he looks at Qari. "So she's compelled to leave, right? Let's do that. Leave the house, take a break, quit for lunch. See how she feels in an hour or two, and use this opportunity to go back into Wati for some more holy water and some supplies? Alternatively, we could quit for the day if others are low on spells, but I'd like to see this through if we can. I don't want to end the day on this note of... helplessness. Those bat creatures did a number on my head."

With that, he closes the door with mage hand, and writes down a note. "When we come back the first thing we do is search this room and see what those creepy things were guarding. But for now.. lunch!"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Hours?" Kito hesitantly asks.

She nervously feeds Thera a few berries.

Looking around nervously, Kito says "We might be able to do something about the haunt at the gate, but my protections will expire long before that suggestion spell. I've also used most of my spells between the giant centipede and the vargouille."

Kito would be AC 10 without Mage Armor.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose nods. "Then let's break for the day, recouperate, and get supplies. And perhaps..." he looks around at the group "...celebrate an engagement? Then we'll come back tomorrow and finish this place so we can hand it over to the church."

"We could also sell the scale armor if no one here wants it, as well as the vase, and the silver tray." He looks down at his notes to see if he missed anything. "Des should take the light crossbow, and we already know who got the ring!"

He turns to Thera. " دوست دارید یک اسکرول جالب وجود دارد؟"

Osiriani:
"Would Thera like a yummy scroll?"

____

Do I need to roll diplomacy to sell / purchase, or can that just happen? Our shopping list so far:

  • holy water -- at least 3
  • burning hands scroll


  • 1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Inactive

    Now free of the magical paralysis, Aleris takes a deep breath to steady herself. "That could've gotten hairy really quick." She looks at everyone but especially Kito, Turel, and Polux. "Good work...and thank you!"

    Although she looks a little surprised that everyone seems ready to call it a day so soon, she doesn't feel especially inclined to argue in favor of staying. "I'm still feeling good to go but if everyone thinks breaking for today is best, I won't complain. Oh and while we're shopping...maybe some more cold-iron weapons?"


    Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

    Harmose nods and takes notes. "Cold iron and at least one more light silver mace."


    Resources:
    Ki Pool 5/5
    Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

    Turel waits until the others are ready to depart before releasing Qari from his grip. For a moment he is conscious of her bodily odor that lingers over his body.

    I certainly hope I need not do THAT again!

    He dusts himself off before looking to the others. "Yes, let's leave this accursed place for the day. I feel the need to recover from my...exertions."

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Commoner 1

    When Qari passes through the outer gates of the compound and back to the streets of the Necropolis, the spell on her expires and she may act normally again. Up to you whether you want to break for the day or resume at that point.


    Female Thrush

    Flying over to land on Hermosa's shoulder, Thera chirps at him. "أنا يمكن أن يكون اثنين من مخطوطات لذيذ في نفس الأسبوع ؟ أنا يمكن أن تعتاد على ذلك!"

    Osiriani:
    I can have two yummy scrolls in the same week? I could get used to this!


    Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

    Shaking her head and chuckling, Kito says "مشاهدة أفضل خارج ، ثيرا . كنت قد تجعل الأرنب معين غيور ."

    Osiriani:
    Better watch out, Thera. You might make a certain rabbit jealous.

    Samy, how much of the 2 hour duration on my Mage Armor is used up?


    Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

    Once everyone has agreed to leave for the day Deseri run out of the building making a valiant attempt to keep up with Qari. Catching up to Qari outside of the gate Deseri smiles broadly and spins around. Still smiling and spinning, I do not like that building!

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Commoner 1
    Kito the Scholar wrote:
    Samy, how much of the 2 hour duration on my Mage Armor is used up?

    Let's say half? Sound reasonable?


    Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
    Samy wrote:
    Kito the Scholar wrote:
    Samy, how much of the 2 hour duration on my Mage Armor is used up?
    Let's say half? Sound reasonable?

    Sounds good to me.

    Kito looks up at the sun, trying to judge the time by its position. "I may have misjudged the time."

    Grinning in relief, she says "Felt like forever! It looks like we were only in there about an hour. I still have some time on my protection."

    Looking towards Harmose, she admits "Enough for a short trip in. I don't think we have time to shop first though!"


    Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

    Seeing the others show up past the gate at a far more reasonable pace Deseri stops spinning and is just swaying now. I am perfectly fine with coming back tomorrow.


    Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

    Harmose blinks, then laughs with amusement. "Alright, if Qari is fine and you're fine, we can give the second floor another go."

    He smiles at the little thrush on his shoulder. " طومار جالب باید صبر کنید . مرا ببخش . "

    Osiriani:
    "The yummy scroll will have to wait. Forgive me?"

    He offers a gallant hand to the spinning Desi. "I don't like that building either, but maybe we can finish it, and then really be able to celebrate! We will remember the shopping list when we get back though..."

    Harmose leads his confused group back inside the building, back to the second floor, and back to the room that the div and vargouilles came out of. "Let's search it!"

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


    Inactive

    "Some want to stay, some want to go, some want to go shopping and others want to party. When did we turn into a herd of cats?" Aleris laughs, shaking her head as it's apparently decided to head back inside and continue looking around after all.

    "Oh well, whatever works," she shrugs as they all troop back inside. "I do think at least finishing the second floor is a good idea. We can always come back and investigate the crypt tomorrow."


    Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

    Sighing her posture looks completely defeated for a moment and then she smiles broadly. Bouncing a little as she takes Harmose's offered arm. Smiling at Aleris, I like that idea. Crypts when we get back.


    Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

    Qari shakes her head as the magic expires. "Ooof, I'm so sorry. That magic made me lose my mind for a few minutes. Nothing mattered to me except getting out of that place. My apologies to all of you. Hopefully I wont panic so badly next time if I recognize the magic again!"


    Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

    "Don't worry over it, Qari. I wasn't much use in that battle, either." He frowns, thinking about how the vargouilles froze him with a single scream... No. He won't go there. He won't relive those horrors.

    He offers her a hand and squeezes it. "We all have our inner demons to fight, but fight them we will. Together!"


    Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

    Hamy that was so cheesy! :)

    Deseri's grip on Harmose's arm tightens when they pass back though the gate. She maintains that tight grasp without realizing it.

    Grinning at Qari from the other side of the fountain of optimism that is Harmose, Harmose is right and there is nothing to apologize for.I cannot shoot, hit, or use helpful magic's and she is sad she was only made that way because of magic. They have a wand that is better than me. Bah stop whining Sand Brain I just need to be more creative that is all.

    Scarab Sages

    M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

    Unwilling to quit the house so easily, Ra relaxed when the vote came to continue searching the house.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Commoner 1
    Deseri wrote:
    They have a wand that is better than me.

    Lol okay now that's just cruel. :D

    The div, the first vargouille and the second vargouille all came from different doors. Just pick one and tell me which one you'll check first. The second floor is now quiet with no more monster sounds that even the most perceptive among you can hear.


    Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

    Momentary dramatics are important for character growth


    Inactive

    I think Harmose was in the process of opening the door at 6 o'clock when the party started so I vote we pick back up there and work our way around counterclockwise.


    Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

    I cannot position us while on mobile, but can someone reposition us to where we were before? Yes, we're opening the 6 o'clock door.

    Harmose waits until everyone is positioned back where they were, then opens the door with mage hand. "Turel and Ra-Khefer, are you ready to lead the way?"

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


    Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

    This time Kito decides to give Turel, Ra-Khefer and herself the benefit of her small blessing before the door is opened. Should have been giving myself this benefit more often! It can be dangerous here.

    Guidance


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Resources:
    Ki Pool 5/5
    Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

    Turel watches the interaction between Harmose and the other ladies, still conscious of the memory of the tiefling woman as she struggled against him. Part of him was calm as he was in control of the situation, confident she would not be able to free herself....yet the feel of her body was pleasant...VERY pleasant against him.

    Banishing these thoughts for now, Turel nods in reply to Harmose, "Yes, we are ready." He grips his spear tightly as the door swings open...

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29 guidance. Add +2 for traps.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

    Turel you perv! Because I can identify them since I am one. VERY pleasant indeed. hmmm Tiefling ;)

    Realizing her nails enter into her grip on Harmose's arm Deseri slips her hand out of his. Drawing her morning star. Gripping it tight enough that her knuckles are white and her hands cannot shake. Deseri stairs at the door waiting for the next evil that might kill someone.

    Samy all of these fights have successfully affected Deseri. Less bouncy and more jumpy now.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Commoner 1

    You enter the door at 6 o'clock.

    ---
    The walls of this room are decorated with a scenic vista of a river valley running through a desert, resplendent with verdant life and greenery near the shores. Only a few pieces of lacquered furniture remain in the chamber. A faint, musty odor of decomposed wood and fabric lingers in the air. A set of doors stands in the western wall.
    ---

    Nobility or History DC 5:
    This bedroom was reserved for visiting guests, of which the household had very few in its final days when the Plague of Madness was unleashed upon the city.

    The body of a human man lies on its back in the small alcove to the east. The head is missing. The body carries no valuables except for a simple gold wedding ring worth 50 gp. An inscription in Osiriani inside the band of the ring reads, “To Akar from Panhet, Love Eternal.”

    Heal DC 7:
    Unlike most of the remains in the house, the body is only a year old, and its flesh is in a state of advanced decomposition.

    Heal DC 12:
    The body’s head seems to have been pulled off rather than having been cleanly decapitated.

    Perception DC 12:
    You find clumps of hair on the floor beneath the body’s headless shoulders.

    Planes DC 17 *only* after anyone makes the Heal DC 12 check:
    You put these clues together to identify the telltale signs of a vargouille’s victim. “Kissed” by the first vargouille and sick with poison and the effects of the vargouille’s kiss, the unfortunate man fled into this room, lying down here to rest. He died just a few hours later, then rose as the second vargouille.


    Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

    Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Heal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Harmose looks around. "This bedroom was used for visiting guests, but it looks like the most recent one never made it out of here." He points to the corpse, then raises an eyebrow. "For the record, Aleris, I veto this mansion for our honeymoon."

    "Look, his head was pulled off, just like the body we found back in the latrine." Then he looks down. "And there are clumps of hair on the floor! Ugh. Alright, that's two recently killed headless bodies now. Who were they, and what killed them? What were they doing HERE?"

    He picks up the ring and sadly reads its inscription out loud to the group.

    Knowledge Local on the names in the ring: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

    "To Akhar from Panhet... Do those names mean anything to anyone else?"


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Inactive

    Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
    Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

    Grimacing, Aleris peers at the headless body and then down at the clumps of hair on the floor. After a moment, her eyes widen in horror and disgust as she puts two and two together. "The second vargouille! He must've been attacked by the other one and then ran in here to hide. Then he died...and rose as the second one. Ugh! Did the first come from that body sitting on the toilet then???"

    She shudders and then looks at Harmose. "Yeah, I think we'd be safer honeymooning in Bargetown than here."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

    Harmose grins. "You say the most romantic things." He takes some notes, and then says, "Let's search this place, run detect magic, and then move on to the next room."

    He checks the whole room (and the ring) with detect magic, and then readies to open the next room with Mage Hand.

    "Everyone ready?"

    Opening the room at 5 o'clock.

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Commoner 1

    Nothing detects as magic in the guest bedroom, and with Turel's Perception you can be pretty sure you haven't missed anything pertinent in that room.

    You move on to the room at 5 o'clock.

    ---
    A large lacquered desk, now in poor condition, sits in the center of this room. Bookcases stand along the eastern and southwestern walls, sagging as if ready to collapse at any moment. Their shelves have fallen out, and the piles of dust at their bases are all that remains of books and scrolls that failed to survive the long years. The lacquered wooden frames of what might once have been divans stretch along the north and south walls, but their upholstery has disintegrated. A single door in the western wall is the room’s only exit.
    ---

    Nobility DC 5:
    Pentheru the Younger (and his father before him) conducted the family’s business dealings from this office prior to his death.

    Perception DC 10:
    Searching among the ruins turns up a few items of small interest but no great value, such as a broken set of scales, the Pentheru family seal (for marking documents), and scattered pieces from a marble chess set (no board is present and half the pieces are missing).

    Perception DC 20:
    You locate a brass key in one of the desk drawers.

    Scarab Sages

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
    Harmose wrote:
    "To Akhar from Panhet... Do those names mean anything to anyone else?"

    Ra considered for a moment, but ultimately shook his head no.

    Aleris wrote:
    "Yeah, I think we'd be safer honeymooning in Bargetown than here."

    Ra, a little slow on the uptake, thought for a moment.

    "Well, I can recommend a few of the crawfish cafe barges for eating at, but, well, I would have to recommend some other quarter for actual honeymooning.
    "Well, I guess you could rent a pleasure barge there and sail the river, that might serve."


    Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

    "A pleasure barge! Aleris, should we deck you out as an Osirian Queen and sail away? I could be your devoted servant, fanning you with a large feather fan and serving you chilled wines and bits of peeled fruit. What do you say, my love?" He grins, mischievously.

    Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

    "Oh, this must be the Pentheru family office." Harmose pauses to takes notes. "Look, the family seal! Chess set pieces! It's a pity that the set's incomplete, still the workmanship on them is nice. Any idea what these might be worth?"

    Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

    Harmose looks to the experts. As a noble, other people once did his buying, and his sense of market prices is still hazy.

    "And look! A key!" Harmose bubbles over with excitement, like a kid who's been offered sweets at a festival. "I wonder what it unlocks?"

    Perception, Looking for Locked Things: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

    He also runs detect magic on the room and everything found so far. Does anything glow?

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Commoner 1

    Nothing magical in this room either, and nothing seems immediately obvious as the receptacle for the found key.


    Resources:
    Ki Pool 5/5
    Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

    Turel glances uneasily behind the group, still wary of threats of ambush. As the talk turns to the location of a honeymoon Turel nods and replies with a perfectly straight face, "A wise decision, my brother. Just do not ask me to join you. I have little skill piloting such...nor swim in anything deeper than my waist."

    Once Harmose finds the key he rubs his shaved forehead in thought. "It could open anything. Perhaps there is a safe in one of the other rooms we have not checked yet?" He does assist Harmose in the search however. Once finished with the search he motions to the next room north of here.

    "Should we proceed?"

    Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


    Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

    "To tell the truth, I don't swim either. If I fall overboard, sweet Aleris will have to rescue me. But what is the threat of drowning to two people who volunteer to explore haunted mansions? Does anyone else have romantic getaways to recommend? I'm all ears."

    Then turning back to Turel, he nods. "Yes, let's move on. Ready, everyone? Onwards!"

    Opens the room at 3 o'clock, with mage hand!

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Commoner 1

    I'm gonna hold off a little bit so other people can participate too rather than just breezing through all the rooms in a handful of hours.


    Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

    Sounds good! I just figured we were going to hit a combat soon enough. By all means, give others time to react.


    Inactive

    Aleris blushes a little at the thought of being decked out (or treated) like one of the queens of old. "Maybe? I don't know though, I think I'd feel just a little too silly to enjoy it properly. I'm not really used to anyone making a fuss over me," she replies.

    Not until I started traveling with the Rose, she adds silently.

    "But I do kinda like the river barge idea," she admits, her expression brightening. "Even though I used to live alongside the Sellen River, I never got the chance to actually travel it any. It'd be like getting to actually experience all those daydreams from childhood...pretending to be river pirates or grand explorers!" Now smiling, she beams at Ra-Khefer. "Thank you! Maybe we can look into that once we finish our work here. But I'm not sure I'd be much help rescuing anyone if they fell overboard. Swimming lessons might be in order first."

    Kn. Geography (DC 15):

    The Sellen River is one of the most heavily traveled waterways in eastern Avistan. Originating north of Brevoy, the Sellen flows south through Numeria and the River Kingdoms and along the borders of Kyonin, Galt, and Andoran, finally pouring into Star Bay and the Inner Sea at the Taldan port of Cassomir. Aleris is definitely a long way from wherever she used to call home.

    The spoiler is mainly for fun for anyone that's not Harmose or Turel since they currently know more about Aleris than the others. I think she might've also told Deseri the name of her hometown, but not where it's located :)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

    Catching up...was a busy weekend.

    Room at 6 o'clock
    Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Knowledge: Planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

    "If that is the way they are created, aren't we still missing one? We have two bodies of victims, where is the original monster that turned them?"

    Room at 5 o'clock

    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

    "May I see the key?" Kito asks.

    She examines it to see if there is anything unusual about it. Some type of clue as to the type of lock it would most likely open. "Polux, you have likely seen a greater variety of locks than I. Do you see anything unusual about this key?"

    Disable Device minus the tools bonus for general knowledge of such things?
    Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

    Liberty's Edge

    Female Human Commoner 1

    As far as Kito can determine, there is nothing unusual about the key. It likely opens some lock just as keys usually do, but it's impossible to tell which one.

    I think I've given enough time for people to weigh in if they desire, so let's move on.

    The rooms at 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock are quite similar, so I'm going to have you open both of them.

    1 o'clock:

    ---
    Dust blankets this room. The walls, once brightly painted to depict life in ancient Wati, are now faded. A smaller room or alcove takes up the northeast section of the room; it was once closed off by a wooden door that since has rotted away, leaving only its hinges in the doorframe. A strong, cloying odor of decay pervades the room.
    ---

    Nobility DC 10:
    Pentheru the Younger’s daughter, Ariseti, inhabited this bedroom. You can determine the name and relationship through some of the remaining wall inscriptions.

    History or Linguistics DC 10:
    The scenes painted on the walls depict the arrival of a Keleshite sultana in Wati by royal barge, a ceremony or possibly a party where a young woman is being anointed and crowned while a gathering of onlookers observe, and another where three young women swim in a river while armed guards with spears watch from beneath the shade of a tree. Ariseti, a talented young artist, painted all of these scenes to represent important moments in her life. No other features of the room have survived to tell the story of who lived here.

    3 o'clock:

    ---
    Most of the contents of this room have fallen apart or otherwise been reduced to dust from the dry desert air. A foul, cloying smell fills the room.
    ---

    Nobility DC 10:
    This was the bedroom of Pentheru the Younger’s son, Harwam.

    This room is similar to the room at 1 o'clock, but even less evidence of the original occupant remains.


    Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

    Following the other silently. Keeping a white knuckled grip on her morning star and her other arm around her waist. Lost in thought she doesn't join the conversation about where to honeymoon. Hanging back from the others she frequently looks about.


    Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

    History: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
    Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

    "I wonder who this is depicting. Is anyone skilled at drawing? It could be interesting to find out who the Keleshite Sultana depicted here is..." Kito muses as she examines the faded wall paintings.

    2,001 to 2,050 of 5,004 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.