Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


1,701 to 1,750 of 5,004 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Inactive

Surprise Round

Bow at the ready, Aleris swiftly follows her companions through the gate and into the courtyard, skidding to a stop some distance from the pool.

"WHOA! What's it been eating to get that big, trespassers?" she gasps upon seeing the huge centipede sitting in the empty pool.

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Round 1

Wanting to make sure that she's got a good shot, the sylph quickly hops up on one of the nearby stone benches and sends an arrow whizzing towards the enormous centipede.

Attack (MW Longbow; PB Shot): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Kito asks Polux if he wants to be bigger for this fight.

Assuming he agrees. If he doesn't maybe Ra Khefer would like it.

Kito casts Enlarge Person on Polux.

Comes out to +0 hit, +1 dmg, -2 AC, longspear does 2d6+7 and has 15' reach

She then moves into the other area.

Standard action on surprise + standard on first round = full round casting. Then a move action. Can someone please move me on the map straight left 6 squares.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Moved both Kito and Qari.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Ra will accept Enlargement if offered.
Ra moved forward steadily into the courtyard.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Surprise round

Following the others to into the courtyard with her crossbow raised. Mumbling, [b]That cannot be natural[/b

Round one
Please move Deseri on the other bench which would be from a move in the surprise round and a second move in this round with a hope to shoot this round.

Seeing Aleris's brilliant idea to get a better shot off Deseri follows her lead an steps up on the bench and shoots at the massive bug.

Hvy crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 I will be very sad if I missed!
Dmg: 1d10 ⇒ 9


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

@Ra Sounds good. If Polux refuses it is cast on you.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

I think I'm gonna take it :D

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Moved Deseri. Polux gets the Enlarge.

Polux drinks Shield.
Qari's cold blast hits the centipede for 7hp.
Turel's shortspear fails to penetrate the hard carapace.
Harmose's acid splash misses.
Aleris' longbow hits for 3hp.
Kito casts Enlarge on Polux.
Ra-Khefer moves.
Deseri's crossbow hits for 9hp.
Total damage dealt 19hp.

The centipede squeals and thrashes from the sudden assault, and then straightens up to its full height and then some, looming higher than all of you despite sitting at the bottom of a pool. Momentarily it pauses as if to consider whether to focus on the morsel already next to it (Turel) or the larger concentration of treats clumped at the benches.

Low is Turel, High is everyone else: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Forgoing the larger buffet for now, it focuses its attacks on the unfortunate Turel, staying in position and executing a full attack.

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Hit
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 3) + 7 = 15 plus poison

Poison:
save Fort DC 17; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d4 Dex; cure 1 save
For sake of ease, you may, if you wish, roll all up to 6 saves in a row to see how many rounds it takes for you to overcome the poison.

Tail Slap: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Miss


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito concentrates, trying to bring forth a cloud of misfortune above the giant bug.

She then quickly looks around and moves to in front of the northern bench so others can easily move and shoot past her.

Misfortune hex, DC 16 Will.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Centipede Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Oh and I didn't say it explicitly, but everyone may of course post their next round. :)

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra grimly marched up to the creature and swung as hard as he could.
greathammer power attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 20 for a possible 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7 bludgeoning damage.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari again fires away with her cold blast, trying to hit the large beast. Unfortunately the crowded area made it tougher to be accurate.

RTA with PBS into melee 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 9
Damage 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

It is a huge creature. Since it is two sizes larger than Turel, the penalty is only -2. If part of the creature is at least 10 feet from Turel, there is no penalty.

Shooting or throwing into melee.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose feels his stomach turn over as Turel gets hit. His best friend... and Harmose was the one that encouraged them all to fight. "සහෝදරයා, නැහැ!" He casts a spell, and looks at the others with great determination. "එය නැවත පහර පෙර එය මරන්න!"

Auran:
"Turel! Brother, no!"
"Kill it before it strikes again!"

Harmose casts Bless. +1 to everyone's chances to hit the creature.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Polux cannot help but smile, as his size increases dramatically - "Amazing Kito, simply amazing" - he nods at his companion, before wading in, longspear leading, and thrusting at the monstrosity.

Longspear Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 2) + 7 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Ra-Khefer, Qari and Polux all hit with their attacks, doing a total of 25hp damage. Combined with the 19hp previously, the giant centipede squeals and crashes to the bottom of the pool, writhing and twitching for a few moments before finally lying still.

If my calculations are correct, Turel is dying at -1.

Combat is over.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Samy: Actually I show Turel at 3 hp after the centipede hit him. He was not damaged in the battles before, unless I missed something before :) Anyway here are his save rolls against the poison:

Turel gasps in pain as the centipede leaves a deep gouge in his side. As he reels back against the force of the blow, he can already feel the poison coursing in his veins...

Fort save DC 17, Round 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
DEX damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Fort save DC 17, Round 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
DEX damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
If no one succeed in helping treat his poison, then he will use his Blessed trait to add +1 to his saves, which should be enough to save here.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You are totally right, I looked at the attack roll instead of the damage roll by mistake. Nevermind the dying part then. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito rushes over to where Turel is and casts Guidance on him. She then looks over the wound to see what can be done about the expected poison.

Heal check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Fail!

Once she has done all she can with regards to the poison, she gets out the wand.

"Boo-Boo, Be Gone!"
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Boo-Boo, Be Gone!"
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Boo-Boo, Be Gone!"
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

38 charges remaining


Inactive

With the enormous centipede taken care of, Aleris quickly joins Kito in trying to determine the nature of the poison afflicting Turel and whether she can remove it as she's done in the past.

Heal (Treat Poison): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

"No! It's circulating too quickly; I can't draw it out like I've done before," she cries, shaking her head. "Come on Turel, you can do this! Fight it!"

And though she's not sure whether it's a result of Turel's own hardiness, Kito's magicks, or her words of encouragement, to her trained eyes it seems as if the monk's pain begins to lessen. As Kito sets to work healing the physical damage with the wand, Aleris breathes a sigh of relief. "Are you okay? How do you feel?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel groans and staggers onto his feet, flexing his muscles experimentally as the healing magic finishes closing up the wound created by the centipede's bite. He did feel the effects of the poison causing some stiffness in his muscles, but he judged a day of rest would take care of it.

"I am doing...better. Yes much better now. There but for the grace of...I am not sure I would even now be paralyzed, yet another meal." Turel offers a weak smile. "Next time, can we find a large worm for it to feast on instead?"

Turel is at -1 DEX damage, which should not affect any of his abilities or skills.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Fear runs though her veins as Turel is stuck and seems to drop. But when he is healed as claims to be fine a big grin breaks out. I am glad you are going to be ok Turel.

Looking back at the bug and slowly approaching to poke it with her spear, That thing is dead right?


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

At Deseri's question, Kito turns to the bird on her shoulder and says "أصدقائي يريدون أن يعرفوا ما إذا كان الخطأ الكبير هو ميت. هل تريد أن تحقق؟"

Osirioni:
My friends want to know if the big bug is dead. Do you want to check?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Thrush

The small bird chirps out an excited "بالتأكيد!" and then flies over to the centipede corpse.

Osirioni:
Certainly!

Pecking at one of the eyes, it swallows a chunk before saying "أنا لا أعتقد أنني يمكن أن تأكل كل هذا! أوه، وأنه قد مات."

Osirioni:
I don't think I can eat all of this! Oh, and it is dead.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

With a wide smile, Kito says "Thera confirms it is dead."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"I think our key is to keep picking away at these beasts from afar. They can't poison us, if they can't get to us! I'm glad you are well, Turiel. Those fangs the beast had were quite impressive."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"I was expecting a more formidable opponent, in all honesty" - the gigantic Polux pipes in - "But I can't avoid being surprised at how befouled this place is - how long has it been abandoned again?"

Turel Garaldo wrote:
"I am doing...better. Yes much better now. There but for the grace of...I am not sure I would even now be paralyzed, yet another meal." Turel offers a weak smile. "Next time, can we find a large worm for it to feast on instead?"

"Agreed - we need to stop offering ourselves as morsel" - he chuckles in a good mood, then crouches near the dead creature, pulling a flask from his pack - "I will save some of this for later" - Polux collects some of the saliva/mucous secretion, taking care not to touch any of it.

"I'm not sure how much I can scout while I am this size" - he flexes his muscles, and looks on his companions from above - "I must admit it is fun, and a different perspective though. And perhaps we should press forward, making sure to explore at least the rest of the courtyard, and deal with any additional, possible combats while I am still ogre sized. What say you?"

Kito, do you think you could zap me once with the CLW wand? I'm only 5hp down though. Maybe not really worth it?


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Seeing that Polux is also injured, Kito goes over to him with the wand.

"Boo-Boo, Be Gone!" CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel nods in agreement. "Yes our chances of stealth disappeared when we fought the centipede. Let us proceed then."


Inactive

"I'm glad you're okay," Aleris smiles at Turel. "I think Qari and Polux are right; we need to give you some means to help hurt these things from afar. Either that or stock up on antitoxin..."

As the group readies itself to proceed, she suddenly looks up at Polux with a look of amusement and awe. "Hee, a giant-sized Polux! In all the rush I didn't realize just how tall Kito's magic made you! What's it like? How far can you see?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"I see everyhting" - Polux smiles, looking around.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You gain 800xp from slaying the giant whiptail centipede.

You find no loot.

There are three exits:

Southeast, back to the entrance
North, a separate small stone building
East, up a flight of stairs into the main building


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Polux, while you are still big do you want to check out the building there?" Kito asks, pointing to the small building to the north.

The Enlarge Person spell lasts two minutes. Even with the CLWs we used, I think we still have time left on it.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"I am on it" - Polux nods at Kito, and lumbers away towards the northern building.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

His attempts at being silent ar all but useless, as he nosily steps on a rusty, dried piece of metal that crunches under his feet. Shrugging, he does his best to study the doors.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

***B4***
A rectangular stone building sits in the northwest corner of the estate. At each corner stand columns carved to resemble men and women with their arms crossed over their chests. A set of stone doors stands in the southern face of the building, carved with bas-relief faces of two men. Hieroglyphs are carved into the doors just beneath the faces.
***B4***

The faces on the doors are of Pentheru the Elder and Pentheru the Younger and match the faces on the statues outside the property at area B1. Two of the building's four columns also depict the two men. The other two columns depict women. The Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs identify the building as

Ancient Osiriani:
the "crypt of the House of Pentheru" and warn, "May defilers be cursed by the gods until their day of judgment."

The crypt's stone doors are heavy, but open easily. Inside, a wide stairway descends 15 feet.

Crypt or main building? That's your big choice now.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"The family's crypt" - Polux informs the others - "Complete with a warning for defilers and all"

Samy, are the doors to the crypt locked or trapped in any way?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Nope.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Seeing the doors to the crypt, Ra just sighed.
"The main house." He said shortly.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose puts his hand on Ra's arm. "We'll have to face the crypt eventually, but if you want to do the main house first, we can."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Nodding her agreement, Kito says "Main house sounds good to me as well."

As people gather in front of the doors to the main house, Kito casts Guidance on Turel and Polux. She then moves to her position in the marching order.

I believe this is still our marching order.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Watch Ra-Khefer with curiosity but choosing not to question his request. Should be the easier option. On to more bugs.

Falling in line with the others to begin the exploration of the house. Letting her eyes wonder over her the three ladies around her she is content with the view. Butt ogling is a thing


Female Thrush

Noticing her mistress by the door, Thera abandons the giant centipede eye. She flies over and lands in her normal spot on Kito's shoulder.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel gives an inward sigh of relief as the party decides to skip the crypt for now.

I feel no urge to defile the crypt...though I fear the others will get that urge eventually...

Nodding in response he takes his position and waits for Polux to examine the doors to the main building.

This house should provide more answers...I pray that is the case...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose stands happily in the second rank, idly watching Polux's gigantic backside before turning back for a moment to his Aleris. "Are you ready?"

He doesn't feel guilt over enjoying this visual. There's nothing wrong with a little enjoyment of the beauties of nature, so long as you keep the one you love foremost in your heart. He gives Aleris a smile, then looks at everyone. "Shall we go and see what surprises await us?"

He doesn't know what's ahead, and he wishes that he could be stronger for his friends.

If only your ass-kicking equaled your ass-watching, we'd be all set, Harmose.

Still, he'll try to do what he does best... adapt and help the others. They're a good team, and he's very proud of all of them.


Inactive

Even though they'd had a few close calls as a group, so far they'd managed to weather them all and come out the other side relatively unscathed. And none of the newer additions were as reckless as Camus had been; they all seemed aware of their limits as individuals and as a group. She wasn't worried.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Aleris smiles in return. "Let's go see what we can find in there."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Polux falls in line.

I still think when not scouting, Polux should be on the second line (on Ra-Khefer's position) of the marching order, for two reasons: with reach he can attack beyond the first line, with reach he can AoO any that come from the sides at Aleris or Deseri, and poke at any that may be attacking Kito or Qari.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I have adjusted your marching order to switch Ra-Khefer and Polux, and placed you so that the first four of your are just inside the main building.

You see (east) an inner courtyard just in front of you, (north) a room and (south) a room. None of them are barred by doors. Do you go north, east or south first?

map link updated


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Shall we tackle the North first? We'll have to explore all of it eventually."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel nods in reply. "It seems as good a choice as any." He steps towards the north room, senses alert for anything out of the ordinary.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Add +2 for a trap, +4 if a stone trap.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I have adjusted your positions to be in regular marching order heading north.

B17. DINING ROOM

An enormous stone table, the marble top polished and smooth, runs parallel to the west wall of this large room. A much smaller stone table stands in the east side of the room. Splintered piles of dust and wood lie in the corners and along the walls—the only remains of chairs after untold years. A strong, fetid stench pervades the room. An open, sand-filled hallway lies to the south, while an open doorway leads east.

Knowledge (nobility) DC 10:
The inhabitants must have hosted large dinner parties here, as was the custom of Osirian nobility. The 20-foot-long table could accommodate well over a dozen guests. The smaller table to the east is where the servants would place food and drink to serve to the guests.

The room is now a scene of horror set by an unknown party. Half a dozen human skulls have been set upon the western table. Each skull is polished clean and balances atop a tarnished silver goblet standing on a tarnished silver dinner plate.

Knowledge (religion) DC 10:
A beheaded is a severed head or skull animated as a mindless undead sentinel that silently floats at eye level as it lies in wait for living prey or is sent out into the lands of the living to terrorize everyone it finds. A beheaded set loose near populated areas thumps ominously against shut doors and windows, biding its time until someone responds to the incessant knocking. The beheaded then assaults this victim.

Beheaded can't be tripped.

Knowledge (religion) DC 15 trained:
Beheaded also guard grim crypts, abattoirs, and hideouts of murders who like to keep reminders of their past sins close at hand. Beheaded come in many varieties, usually based on the creature the head came from. A beheaded prefers to float at head height so it can more easily attack the face, neck, and shoulders of its victim.

Beheaded have darkvision.

The skulls rise off the table when living creatures first enter the room, silently hovering in midair for a moment before rushing forward to attack. (Image)

Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Group Initiative:
Aleris: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Deseri: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Harmose: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Kito: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Polux: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Qari: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Ra-Khefer: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Turel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Aleris and Polux may take actions before the enemies move. The enemies have been added to the map. They are Tiny, so they only take up a quarter square.

1,701 to 1,750 of 5,004 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.