God's Market Gamble PFS#3-18 (core) (Inactive)

Game Master lucklesshero


1 to 50 of 340 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

male Snows of Summer

Drandle Dreng has sent you to visit the mysterious master of scrolls, Kreighton Shaine. Could this have something to do with the recent trouble at the God's market?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 6 HP: 44/58 | AC 25 T:12 F: 23 CMD 22 | F +9 R +5 W +7 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +12 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco is proud to present his new weapon of choice, the spankifier, known to some in this world as terbutje.

Kreighton Shaine eh? And Drandle Dreng too? Both weirdo twitchy finger types. Guess they needed some muscle to keep em breathin. I can oblige that I guess

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 4 Init +4 | HP 26|26 1NL | AC20, T11, FF19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +6 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 11 | Perception +10, SM +11
Resources:
Spells 6|4; Claws 9|9; Reroll: Unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour

Argenta is positively buzzing with repressed excitement. Finally I get to meet the famous Kreighten Shaine!

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 2.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +2 CMD 14 (FF 12) | HP 16/16 | Init +2 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 5/6 | Spells: 1 (2/4), 2 (-/-),

"Oh... Polanco. Fancy meeting you here. Are you stalking me?" Hudor chuckles as he greets Polanco.

He turns to the others that he doesn't recognize, "Greetings. I'm Hudor and I'm fond of water." Hudor smiles.

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 3 | HP: 24/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh 2nd—Bull's Strength, Summon Nature's Ally 2 Active conditions: shillelagh | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

"I already see a couple of friendly faces ahead, Smiler." says Volar as he walks over followed closely by a human sized ape.

"I don't think I've been briefed by the Master of Scrolls yet. This will be a first for me."

Volar is a Varisian man who seems to be wearing armour made from reinforced hide. He carries a a wooden shield an spear strapped to his pack and has a carved wooden club tucked in his belt.

"To those i haven't met before, i am Volar Loken. I'm a merchant with a rather strong connection to nature. This ape here is my ally and friend, Smiler."


Male N Ape Animal Companion 3 | HP: 14/16| AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: 1Str damage, Nauseated

"Oook!" says Smiler as he waves to the group.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 2.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +2 CMD 14 (FF 12) | HP 16/16 | Init +2 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 5/6 | Spells: 1 (2/4), 2 (-/-),

"Nice to see you again Volar."

Hudor then approaches Smiler and smiles at him while giving a greetings. "Oook!"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 6 HP: 44/58 | AC 25 T:12 F: 23 CMD 22 | F +9 R +5 W +7 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +12 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco nods happily at Hudor and Volar It ain't stalkin - you and Volar are just constantly in need of some high quality kenning and body guardin' is all.

Polanco feeds Smiler some nuts and pats him on the neck.

Grand Lodge

Male HP:11/11, AC:14, T:10, FF:14, CMD:13, CMB:3 Fort:+5, Ref:0, Will +5 Initiative:+0, Per:+3, Diplomacy:+5 (core)Cleric (Death/Magic) lvl 1 MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4), Dagger +3, (1d4+3, 19-20x2) Ranged:MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4) 30ft

Solomon approaches the group lumberingly, his massive frame carries an old worn out looking hide armor with old torn leather pants. His hair is madded and a dusty black color with dark seemingly empty eyes. He carries a relatively nice looking scythe on his back, and you can see a burnt in scar like tattoo of Urgathoa's symbol on his arm.
Greetings friends I'm Solomon, i serve the mighty Urgathoa. She has called me here, now I will listen. It's hard to believe if Solomon understands her philosophy of if he just believes that she speaks to him.

Grand Lodge

AC 13 touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+1 monk, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5 hp 18 Male Human Blast rune 0/4 Reroll 0/1 Stunning fist 0/1 Channels 0/7 Cleric/Monk of Irori 1/1 LN Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +7

” Greetings, I am Tajan. Like Irori I seek my own path to perfection. As you can see I have still have much to learn about combat” his hand moves from his darkwood quarterstaff to his breastplate as if to apologise for wearing it

”I am wise in the ways of healing wands but I bring Irori’s anger to my foes not his balm to my allies”

yes you have 2 negative energy channelling clerics

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 6 HP: 44/58 | AC 25 T:12 F: 23 CMD 22 | F +9 R +5 W +7 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +12 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco is beginning to feel uncomfortable - he was an old school dwarf all this evil clericing and arcane magic makes him stand closer to Smiler You're the only one who understands me buddy


male Snows of Summer

Anyone who hasn't done so needs to post their character's PFS info in the discussion thread before we start tomorrow. GL all have fun!


male Snows of Summer

The summons from Drandle Dreng is brief and a bit odd: “Meet Kreighton Shaine in the stables to discuss missing artifacts.” Aside from some briefings during training, few Pathfinders deal with the Society’s Master of Scrolls. In the muddy stables, Kreighton’s scholarly robes drag through the muck, and his soft shoes are clearly soaked through,
though he doesn’t seem to notice.

“I’ve been working on an extensive study of religious relics, trying to ascertain whether items gain a certain aura of divinity that cannot be detected through normal means. I’ve been collecting these artifacts through a series of well-known dealers in the God’s Market. We’ve never had any trouble before, but recently several of our couriers have been
waylaid by a particularly elusive bandit.”
Kreighton pauses briefly as his mud-soaked robe snags on a nail and he nearly falls over, but a stable boy catches his arm and steadies him.

“As they were headed through the Ascendant Court,” he continues, “a group of thugs ambushed our couriers. The first time I thought it was a coincidence—a random mugging. After the second time, however, Grandmaster Torch had some harsh words with me. He suspects someone has targeted our couriers specifically. The Drandle boy suggested I have you investigate the disappearances.” There is a long, uncomfortable pause and for a minute it seems the elf has completely forgotten he was discussing something.

Finally, he glances up with a sort of stunned look on his
face. “Oh yes, here, this list will help you. The Grandmaster has helpfully provided it as a starting point.”

Each player may look carefully at the hand-out signed by master Torch in the google shared folder. link is near my avatar.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 4 Init +4 | HP 26|26 1NL | AC20, T11, FF19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +6 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 11 | Perception +10, SM +11
Resources:
Spells 6|4; Claws 9|9; Reroll: Unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour

Argenta hangs on every word from Master Shaine. After he finishes she blurts out a bunch of questions.

Can we trust this Torch, what sort of artefacts, who are these bandits, which dealers, who were the couriers?

She shuts up quickly realising she has probably asked too much and promptly starts to bush.


male Snows of Summer

Kreighton ignores Argenta's questions until the same stable boy clears his throat loudly and get's the master of scrolls attention once again. Oh yes...I suppose you were addressing me.His eyes come back in to focus for a moment as if shaken from a trance.

“There have been two robberies so far. The first stolen relic was a shard from a lance Iomedae used in a battle with a demon when she was mortal. The other was a pen that a Chelish noble claims was used by Asmodeus to create the accord with House Thrune. Neither of the relics has been validated as authentic, so their worth is questionable. Nevertheless, they are invaluable to study and the fact that they are likely going to be sequestered in some private museum or collection is infuriating to the Society." The master of scrolls sighs as he continues.

“The Shard of Iomedae’s Lance was recovered, but now the Graycloaks are holding it as evidence. It was being hawked in a common vendor’s stall in the God’s Market.” Kreighton's attention is momentarily attracted to a nearby moth flying through the stall he's near. Just as quickly, his attention turns back to you.

“Oh yes, of course. Ferran is recovering with Grandmaster Torch. Torch said she is still recuperating from her injuries and you should question the others first. He has recorded much of the information he acquired from Ferran in the letter I gave you.” The master of scrolls drifts off again for a moment. As far as trusting the Grandamaster? He's been our leader for years. What's not to trust?

Kreighton moves off suddenly to some other part of the stable. Seemingly distracted by, a pile of horse dung and the flies buzzing around the Equine scat. He gesticulates wildly at the stable boy, Come here lad! I need to show you something!

Please look at the hand-out on slide 2 in the google docs link.
for those of you with knowledge local or nobility you may know the following. You may also do a gather information check.

DC:10 nobility or local:
The Graycloaks are a force of
professed nonbelievers who police the God’s Market and the entire Ascendant Court. Their atheist bent is meant to ensure that no one group of worshipers receives any special treatment.

DC:15 local:
Currently the
Graycloaks are investigating the muggings, but seem to treat this as a relatively low priority. Apparently they feel these stolen treasures are ‘mere curiosities’ of no consequence

Just in case some of you are unfamiliar with how gather info works in Pathfinder. ( You can also use Diplomacy to gather information about a specific topic or individual. To do this, you must spend at least 1d4 hours canvassing people at local taverns, markets, and gathering places. The DC of this check depends on the obscurity of the information sought, but for most commonly known facts or rumors it is 10. For obscure or secret knowledge, the DC might increase to 20 or higher. The GM might rule that some topics are simply unknown to common folk. (takes 1d4 hours))

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 2.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +2 CMD 14 (FF 12) | HP 16/16 | Init +2 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 5/6 | Spells: 1 (2/4), 2 (-/-),

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

After trying to gather some information on the subject, Hudor unfortunately sinks and is unable to swim through the rough waves of the market to get information.

"Hmm... No need to stay here. I suggest we begin our investigation with the person trying to sale one of the artifacts. Jarid Maltwin."

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 3 | HP: 24/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh 2nd—Bull's Strength, Summon Nature's Ally 2 Active conditions: shillelagh | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

Volar leaves Smiler behind outside during the meeting with Kreighton Shaine.

"Who would steal unconfirmed religious relics? How would someone make a profit from that? And finding them for sale in the market... well that makes even less sense!"

Grand Lodge

Male HP:11/11, AC:14, T:10, FF:14, CMD:13, CMB:3 Fort:+5, Ref:0, Will +5 Initiative:+0, Per:+3, Diplomacy:+5 (core)Cleric (Death/Magic) lvl 1 MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4), Dagger +3, (1d4+3, 19-20x2) Ranged:MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4) 30ft

Urgatjoa says she’s not pleased, they must meet their end, I will surely put an end to these thieves. Solomon will attempt to recall anything about the gray looks.
Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
He will then ask around with Hudor trying to get the scoop.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
But not surprisingly has no luck, Solomon doesn’t like to talk, but does so when Commanded.


male Snows of Summer

hudor's gather info check: 1d4 ⇒ 1

After you depart the stable, Hudor walks around and ask various hawkers, vendors, beggars, and street Urchins about the muggings but, comes up with nothing after about an hour. The group is sitting at a tea shop quietly discussing which clue they should proceed to follow first.

Rialla Barelyhusk (witnessed first mugging)
Friar Horace (witnessed second mugging)
Jarid Moltwin (caught selling the shard of Iomeade's lance)
Graycloaks (have been investigating the muggings but seemingly not thoroughly)

OK what's next guys where do you go first? Please look at the second slide for more info.

Grand Lodge

AC 13 touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+1 monk, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5 hp 18 Male Human Blast rune 0/4 Reroll 0/1 Stunning fist 0/1 Channels 0/7 Cleric/Monk of Irori 1/1 LN Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +7

”So find who is stealing the relics. Who has a beef with the pathfinder society and can carry out such a scheme. That’s too long a list even if we narrow it down to those in Absalom . Let us go talk to these people Torch has indicated Ridla Barleyhusk is the first of them. As we are not to leave a trail of bodies I will leave this at the lodge.” he takes off his armour .

player adjusts AC and suddenly realises why his monk character was wearing armour. Stick to decision about needing a monk who can actually flurry

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 6 HP: 44/58 | AC 25 T:12 F: 23 CMD 22 | F +9 R +5 W +7 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +12 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco shrugs about these thefts Stealing from the church of Iomedae is a good way to end up dead. These idjits probably dinnae know what they got.

He looks over the list of witnesses and sees something about a tavern and drools a bit Aye, let's see about this Friar too


male Snows of Summer

So the group sets out for the Ascendant Court, district where the God's Market is and Rialla Barelyhusk shop is. As you near her storefront, you see a brick building that, is fronted by two large, many-paned glass windows and a large sign that reads, “Mercantile, Curiosities, Unique Items, and Magic—Bought and Sold Within.” Inside the store, the shelves are lined with all manner of goods, crafts, and artwork both domestic and foreign. A halfling clerk sits on a large stool behind a human-sized countertop. Can I help you find anything today? ask the somewhat pretty and gregarious female halfling.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 4 Init +4 | HP 26|26 1NL | AC20, T11, FF19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +6 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 11 | Perception +10, SM +11
Resources:
Spells 6|4; Claws 9|9; Reroll: Unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour

Stepping forward Argenta puts on her best smile. Why yes, I hope so. We are looking for the proprietor, Rialla, that wouldn't be you by any chance?

My names Argenta she says, stepping forward and sticking out out her hand to shake the halflings. We are here from the pathfinder society, we need to have a chat about some relics that went missing that Master Shaine was interested in but I have to say your shop is really quite marvellous!

I understand you witnessed one of the muggings, could you possibly tell us what happened? she asks as she looks over the various wares on display.

Diplomacy if relevant: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


male Snows of Summer

The Halfling female looks down at the ground and says, Well I'm not the proprietor, I just run the place for the owner but, I am Rialla and I did witness the muggings. When Rialla realizes the group is there to talk to her and not the owner she immediately opens up.
Barleyhusk’s excitement is palpable, and she rambles everything in one long, breathless speech. “That poor man you asked about who was attacked, he looked a right mess, he had an arrow in his side, and he could barely walk. I sat him down and started to bandage him up. Then all of a sudden the Graycloak was there and asked if I had a potion to fix him up. I said I could patch him right up because I took a class from Berntuck’s Fine School of First Aid. That Graycloak gave me the nastiest look and said the Graycloaks would pay full price for the potion. Well, I knew the master had some peppermint flavored healing potions that weren’t selling very well, so I ran back to get the potions and before I could even get to them, I hear the injured fellow gasp really loud. ‘Hurry!’ the bossy Graycloak said, so I ran back as fast as I could, but when I got there, he was already dead.”

The halfling quietly sobers up as she finishes her story, and walks back behind the counter and climbs onto her stool. “I was too slow.”

rolls:

Hudor: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Volar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Solomon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Tajan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Polanco: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Argenta: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Barleyhusk is quite morose and quiet after telling her tale; both Hudor and Polanco feel she may be Holding something back.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 2.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +2 CMD 14 (FF 12) | HP 16/16 | Init +2 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 5/6 | Spells: 1 (2/4), 2 (-/-),

Hudor listens to the Halfling woman tell her tale and a suspicion begins to worm into his thought, but will wait for the group to leave the shop before speaking about his suspicion.

Hudor speaks to Rialia to get her to tell what she is not telling. "If you are holding anything back out of fear, do not worry. What you say will remain between us. Please, tell us."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


male Snows of Summer

Rialla is comforted by Hudor's words and nods rather meekly and begins to speak again. Well...I'm probably out of line even thinking this but, according to what I learned from Berntuck, an injury like that shouldn’t have killed your friend so quickly. Berntuck said gut wounds are a long slow death. I’m not sure what happened. I meant to ask the Graycloak about it, but by the time I thought to ask her, she was already gone. The group is told Berntuck, is the owner of the shop and Rialla's mentor. ( Berntuck is out of town on business if Party wants to question him; No Red Herring here: Bertuck has nothing to do with this.)

perception DC:20:
You notice several paintings of exotic foreign origin hanging in the shop for sale.

perception content has been discovered:
A DC: 10 Linguistics (or the PC speaks Tian), Or a DC: 17 appraise check, reveals the paintings are quite rare examples of a Tian painting period almost 300 years past. Not only are the paintings valuable..they are rare indeed!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 6 HP: 44/58 | AC 25 T:12 F: 23 CMD 22 | F +9 R +5 W +7 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +12 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco frowns Awfully violent stuff. Did you actully see who dunnit?

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 4 Init +4 | HP 26|26 1NL | AC20, T11, FF19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +6 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 11 | Perception +10, SM +11
Resources:
Spells 6|4; Claws 9|9; Reroll: Unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

That all sounds perfectly horrible. Do you recall who the Graycloak was who came investigating? We don't want to distress you but these events have become quite concerning. Would you like some tea?


male Snows of Summer
Polanco wrote:
Awfully violent stuff. Did you actully see who dunnit?

Rialla looks confused, No sir, I just found him outside reaching for the handle of my door. The arrow was already in his side. I helped him in and...well I told you the rest.

Argenta Ibn Jad wrote:
Do you recall who the Graycloak was who came investigating? We don't want to distress you but these events have become quite concerning. Would you like some tea?

Rialla looks disappointed that she can be no more help, I'm sorry, I don't remember much of the Graycloak except she was a woman with dark complexion. Had a bit of an accent too. Couldn't really place it though. Rialla holds her hands up at the offer of tea. No thanks mistress, I really ought to be getting back to work. I'm suppose to inventory all scrolls and writings we have in stock by week's end...I better get at it.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 6 HP: 44/58 | AC 25 T:12 F: 23 CMD 22 | F +9 R +5 W +7 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +12 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

To the tavern then? the business like dwarf will suggest.

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 3 | HP: 24/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh 2nd—Bull's Strength, Summon Nature's Ally 2 Active conditions: shillelagh | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

"That poor man. He survived the attack only to bleed out before someone could save him."

Volar looks around the place before they leave.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Volar hears Polanco's suggestion and nods in agreement. "The tavern sounds like a plan. We've barely started and i already feel like i could do with a drink!"

Grand Lodge

Male HP:11/11, AC:14, T:10, FF:14, CMD:13, CMB:3 Fort:+5, Ref:0, Will +5 Initiative:+0, Per:+3, Diplomacy:+5 (core)Cleric (Death/Magic) lvl 1 MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4), Dagger +3, (1d4+3, 19-20x2) Ranged:MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4) 30ft

Poor man nothing, sounds like somone put him out of misery...wonder why? Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Whoa, did you guys notice those?
Linguistics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16Paintings dating back 300years, those are very rare, Tian if i'm not mistaken. I've only heard of them by travellers though. Where you get?


male Snows of Summer
Solomon wrote:
Paintings dating back 300years, those are very rare, Tian if i'm not mistaken. I've only heard of them by travellers though. Where you get?

Rialla looks up from her work, Oh those old things? They've only recently been purchased..you interested in buying one? Master Bertuck hasn't priced them yet but, when he gets back in a few days I can sell one to you!

DC:17 appraise:
The paintings are valuable some as much as 2000 gp. To a collector of Tian art. But there is little else of interest about them.

On to the Tavern? FYI when I get three out o six votes to move on/forward... I'll turn the page sorta speak. Got two votes for the Tavern..do I hear a 3rd?

Grand Lodge

AC 13 touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+1 monk, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5 hp 18 Male Human Blast rune 0/4 Reroll 0/1 Stunning fist 0/1 Channels 0/7 Cleric/Monk of Irori 1/1 LN Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +7

Tajan briefly considers asking for a peppermint potion but decides he wants effective potions not tasty ones. "So the victim staggered into your shop and the greycloaks were quickly on hand. It is good to know they are so quick to respond to such incidents" He smiles at Rialla before turning to the door with raised eyebrows to his colleagues. "To the tavern if we must" he sighs as he exits the shop

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 4 Init +4 | HP 26|26 1NL | AC20, T11, FF19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +6 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 11 | Perception +10, SM +11
Resources:
Spells 6|4; Claws 9|9; Reroll: Unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour

Argenta scowls as they head out of the shop towards the tavern. Rialla seemed quite certain that the courier would not have died from his wounds. Does anyone know about these greycloaks, how far can we trust them? Do we know it was even a greycloak, it could have been a bandit in disguise. Such things are easily done with fairly simple magic...

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 2.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +2 CMD 14 (FF 12) | HP 16/16 | Init +2 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 5/6 | Spells: 1 (2/4), 2 (-/-),

Heading to the tavern with the others, "It seems pretty obvious that the greycloak killed our witness. With a traitor amongst them, might explain how they knew enough to rob the items in the first place. Insider knowledge."

Grand Lodge

Male HP:11/11, AC:14, T:10, FF:14, CMD:13, CMB:3 Fort:+5, Ref:0, Will +5 Initiative:+0, Per:+3, Diplomacy:+5 (core)Cleric (Death/Magic) lvl 1 MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4), Dagger +3, (1d4+3, 19-20x2) Ranged:MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4) 30ft

Mmmph...no need for those, i don't like pictures, good day. Solomon will follow the others lumbering along towards the rear of the group.


male Snows of Summer

You travel quickly through the Ascendant's court on your way to Erastil's Alehouse. The streets are crowded and the alleyways narrow. In one particular section you turn a corner only to be greeted my a man restraining a growling dog. Well will ya lookie here...it's a bunch of tourist lost their way it seems...Max don't like people war they don't belong get my meaning! Just up the other alley several of you can hear the crank of a crossbow string being pulled. Yeah..me and my friend got a message for you! The party hears the man say from the direction of the pulled crossbow string.

Several people scatter at the sounds of an impending fight..

initiative rolls:

Solomon int: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Hudor int: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Argenta int: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Tajan int: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Volar int: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Polanco int: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Dog int: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
red thug int: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
blue thugint: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

bold characters can go
Argenta
Volar (ape can act on his turn)
blue thug
red thug
Tajan
Polanco
Hudor
Dog
Solomon

The Exchange

Male NG Human Druid 3 | HP: 24/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, magic fang, shillelagh 2nd—Bull's Strength, Summon Nature's Ally 2 Active conditions: shillelagh | Re-roll (+2): 1/1 |

"This tourist doesn't like being threatened by the locals! says Volar as he moves past the group while drawing his club from his belt.

He takes a swing for the thug in front of him. Red.

club attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

club damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male N Ape Animal Companion 3 | HP: 14/16| AC: 19 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, low light, scent | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Active conditions: 1Str damage, Nauseated

Smiler stays where he is and waits for his master to give him instructions.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 4 Init +4 | HP 26|26 1NL | AC20, T11, FF19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +6 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 11 | Perception +10, SM +11
Resources:
Spells 6|4; Claws 9|9; Reroll: Unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour

Argenta cries out, Oh no, bandits, how terrible!, she looks desperately around for any help from the local guards or other enemies lurking nearby.

Active perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

She glares at the bandit ahead of her, you will not rob us you cur she snaps and her hand rises, it is outlined in bright sunlight which, with a flash, then engulfs the enemy.

Move action for an active perception check, standard to cast daze at red if he is still conscious. DC14 will save or he is dazed for 1 round. Also, just to note the slides seem to be view only so we cannot move our tokens around.


male Snows of Summer

crossbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22dmg.: 1d8 ⇒ 3

(Polonaco please give me a save vs poison)

will red: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4 club: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 This time the Thug is ready and side steps the blow. He fires his bow with Volar only inches from him. crossbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8dmg.: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Hey guys the Red thug's AC would have been hit by a 16, but the original roll by Volar's AoO was actually a 3 and the thug rolled the 11. For some reason they switched when I added blue's shot at Polanco (which is an original roll) therefore both the Red thug missed and the Volar missed. Sorry about the confusion..next time I'll not cut and paste one roll above the other.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 4 Init +4 | HP 26|26 1NL | AC20, T11, FF19 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +6 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 11 | Perception +10, SM +11
Resources:
Spells 6|4; Claws 9|9; Reroll: Unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour

Reds will save looks like a 4 which would fail against the daze. He might have too many HD but I thought we were low tier?


male Snows of Summer
Argenta Ibn Jad wrote:
Reds will save looks like a 4 which would fail against the daze. He might have too many HD but I thought we were low tier?

Sorry I guess I really screwed up the rolls when I cut and paste blues action over red. (blue was first in initiative) So here's how it should have gone...I'm going to delete the last post and just post what happened. it looks like Reds will save which originally was the '17' was inverted with blues attack (which means Polanco wouldn't have been hit but Red saves..Bear with me and I'll fix this ok? I'm going to delete the last post. Cut and paste the text. erase the rolls..or should I then those might be the next rolls that come up...argh stupid software! OK consider last post deleted..new post bellow is relevant post.

The blue thug make a final taunt before firing,(at Polanco) You should mid your own business! He fires his cross bow and says Sick em max! However, the bolt flies wide failing to strike the Dwarf.

The red bandit is shocked by the speed that the Druid has in combat. Volar is on him before he can get his feet under him and strikes the thug while he is still raising his crossbow for a shot. He shakes of the mind numbing effects of Argenta's spell long enough to realize he's in trouble. However, his decision making is still a little bit off from having his clock cleaned by Volar a moment ago. Hey, I wasn't even gonna shoot you! But now I will! He raises his crossbow to fire at Volar point blank but, Volar takes a (reactive) swing at the proud Thug and misses. The Thug lets the crossbow bolt fly.The crossbow bolt flies true; however, the tough exterior of Volar's armor deflects the bolt. The red thug drops his crossbow and runs.

Argenta
Volar (ape can act on his turn)
blue thug
red thug
Tajan
Polanco
Hudor
Dog
Solomon

Sorry for screwing up the rolls guys but the proper sequence of rolls is reflected in the text above. (ie. everyone missed and Red made the save.) all three bold can act.

Grand Lodge

AC 13 touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+1 monk, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5 hp 18 Male Human Blast rune 0/4 Reroll 0/1 Stunning fist 0/1 Channels 0/7 Cleric/Monk of Irori 1/1 LN Medium humanoid (human) Init +1; Senses Perception +7

Tajan is going to attempt an Overrun manouvre He has no feats to prevent attacks of opportunity (kind of relying on the dog being flatfooted and the thug having a crossbow) aiming to be on the square left of the thug

overrun check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

But Tajan thinks better of going past the dog and stops in front of it and then decides to back up to where he started

Standard to make the overrun attempt then move to move back is that correct?


male Snows of Summer

yes you’ve used both your standard and move actions Tajan by backing to your original position. Dog gets no AoO it’s FF
Polanco and
Hudor still to act

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 2.2 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +2 CMD 14 (FF 12) | HP 16/16 | Init +2 | Fort +2 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 5/6 | Spells: 1 (2/4), 2 (-/-),

Hudor points over Volar shoulder and sends a Ray of Frost toward the bandit while giving a cheezy one-liner. "Cool down."

Ray of Frost (Range Touch) vs Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Cold Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 6 HP: 44/58 | AC 25 T:12 F: 23 CMD 22 | F +9 R +5 W +7 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +12 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

I cannot move my own token

Polanco draws his large almost primitive looking sharpened paddle Yer some bad bad doggies teaming up with thugs like these.

The dwarf puts his shield arm to his side to try and block the twitchu fingers behind him and slams down the paddle.

Mwk Yellowheart Terbutje: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male HP:11/11, AC:14, T:10, FF:14, CMD:13, CMB:3 Fort:+5, Ref:0, Will +5 Initiative:+0, Per:+3, Diplomacy:+5 (core)Cleric (Death/Magic) lvl 1 MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4), Dagger +3, (1d4+3, 19-20x2) Ranged:MWScythe +5(2d4+4, x4) 30ft

I believe it's still on view only Polanco as i couldn't move you either. On Solomon's turn he'll cast bane DC: 15 will save or suffer -1 to attack, and -1 on saves against fear.


male Snows of Summer

sorry guys I'll give permissions to edit within the folder..or does Hudor need to give permission cause he's the creator of the slides..I'll give permissions regardless. Go ahead and try to move your tokens now..I made the link...anyone can edit.

Tajan tries to run through the growling dog but, the fierce creature chases him back. Hudor tries to shoot the fleeing thug with a magic ray of frost that, goes wide, hitting a flower shop's sign, causing it to frost over and icicles to hang from it in the middle of Desnus. Finally Polanco tries to strike the dog with a vicious spiked paddle looking thing but the dog smartly winces away from the strike.

Th dog then lunges at Polanco bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 But Polanco dances away from the snapping jaws of the canine. Solomon can be heard chanting in some guttural ugly tone.

red will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15 blue will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7 dog will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

The blue thug's eyes go wide and his hands begin to tremble as he re-loads his crossbow. The dog seems un-affected. The red thug keeps running.

Argenta
Volar (ape can act on his turn)
blue thug (bane -1 att. & -1 vs. fear)
red thug
Tajan
Polanco
Hudor
Dog
Solomon

bold may act

1 to 50 of 340 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / God's Market Gamble PFS#3-18 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.