GM Zer0darkfire's #5–08: The Confirmation (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire

Maps


151 to 194 of 194 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Ah yes, I think you are right Hullric, difficult terrain it is. Not familiar with many of the named terrain types, "shallow bog" in this case. I didn't think such shallow slow moving water would be much of an issue.

Andy begins performing a song that has some potentially kid unfriendly words, but it inspires the group of adult pathfinders totally fine.

Reggie charges into one of the kobolds, but as he moves across the ground, Rowdy triggers a pressure plate on the ground. Darts shoot out from the ceiling straight down at Reggie and Rowdy.

Dart vs Reggie: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Dart vs Rowdy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Mounted Combat: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage vs Reggie: 1d3 ⇒ 3 plus DC 13 fort save vs poison

Reggie gets struck by a dart moving at maximum speed, but he manages to just barely deflect a dart that was heading straight for Rowdy. Finishing his headlong charge, he stabs his lance at the kobold, but the rock serves as effective cover for the kobold and Reggie's lance sends sparks flying off of the rock.

Hullric moves a bit, hoping to get a better position. Luckily for him, the darts do not fire again.

Initiative Order, Bold may go!
Combat Slide
Stigand
>>>Damiel
Enemies
Andy
Reginald
Hullric

Items for Use:

1 potion of barkskin
2 potions of cure light wounds
1 potion of feather step
1 potion of vanish
1 scroll of entangle
1 scroll of gust of wind
1 scroll of identify
1 scroll of mage armor CL6
1 scroll of obscuring mist
1 wand of burning hands CL 3, 4 charges
1 wand of cure light wounds CL 3, 6 charges
1 vial of acid
2 alchemist’s fires
1 holy water
1 smokestick,
2 tanglefoot bags
1 thunderstone
1 antitoxin
2 sunrods
Wand of Shield of Faith CL 6th, 10 Charges


”Damiel” | Male N Medium Elf Alchemist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +3 R +5 W +0 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Bomb 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Damiel is not sure how this will unfold and will delay after the Enemy has acted.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The kobolds watch the effects of their trap with glee, once concluded they turn to look at each other for a moment before bursting out in laughter.

"Stupid-idiots walk in dart trap!" says the first one in between fits of laughter. The second kobold begins to laugh, but quickly stops, face becoming hard with seriousness. "Nibbler only make one trap.." he says counting on his claws, "But there five human-lookers still...".

The first kobold stops laughing, looks at Nibbler with dread, then back to the party, "Digger run! Nibbler too!" he says as the both stand up and take off running down a previously hidden passage.

Move action to stand up, standard to move.

You are out of initiative for now!

Items for Use:

1 potion of barkskin
2 potions of cure light wounds
1 potion of feather step
1 potion of vanish
1 scroll of entangle
1 scroll of gust of wind
1 scroll of identify
1 scroll of mage armor CL6
1 scroll of obscuring mist
1 wand of burning hands CL 3, 4 charges
1 wand of cure light wounds CL 3, 6 charges
1 vial of acid
2 alchemist’s fires
1 holy water
1 smokestick,
2 tanglefoot bags
1 thunderstone
1 antitoxin
2 sunrods
Wand of Shield of Faith CL 6th, 10 Charges

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Wizard 1 | HP -13/7(NL:7) | AC:12 (Touch:12, Flat:10) | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F+1, R+2, W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+6 | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: dead
Ammo & Spells:
Spells: level 1 Burning Hands, Mage Armor | Bolts: 19 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7 | Acid Flask: 2 | Holy Water: 1

"That was rather interesting. I was able to catch that they only had the one trap in here. Now that we know where our path is at. Is anyone able to look out for traps or do we just hope Reggie's armor holds out?"

Liberty's Edge

Male M Halfling Order of the Paw Cavalier 4th HP 44/44 AC 24 /ff 23 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3, Init +1, Per +3, Spd 20' (15’ in armor)

"Aah! Kobolds!" Reggie exclaims as, what should probably be expected from kobolds happens. He should have known that there would be some sort of trap. He was just glad it wasn't another pit that they would have fallen into.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Perhaps that distraction is why he hits a rock and not a kobold with his lance.

"Yeah! You better run!" he shouts as they flee.

But then he looks back at his group. "Can someone come look for more traps before we find them the hard way?"

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 4.0 | AC 22 (T 12/FF 20) | CMB +5 CMD 17 (FF 15) | HP 39/39 | Init +4 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +6 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 5/5 | Fervor 4/4 | Channel Energy 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Hullric frowns, "Little buggers got away. I was hoping to fillet them. Either way, you alright Reggie? There traps can be nastier than they appear." He then uses the wand of CLW to heal Reggie.

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Hullric looks around for anymore surprises just to be sure.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Hullric doesn't see anything out of the ordinary other than the, now exposed, secret passage on the other side of the cavern (white arrow).

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 14/23] [Move: 20]

How big is the passage?

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

A lot of GM rolls:

1d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

You hear yapping go down the passage, then a bark of surprise in unison, followed then by silence.

Draconic:

"Run away! AHHHH! Nibbler, no!" then silence

The passage is big enough for medium sized creatures and you feel a light breeze coming from it. This passage likely leads outside.


”Damiel” | Male N Medium Elf Alchemist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +3 R +5 W +0 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Bomb 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Damiel starts to move outside but with care.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 14/23] [Move: 20]

Andy follows Damiel down the passage.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Initiative rolls:

Initiative, Andy Applebottom: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Initiative, Damiel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Initiative, Reginald Bottleberry: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative, Hullric Torsol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Initiative, Enemy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Initiative, Stigand Ufgood: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The route to the surface leads through a maze of tight passages that include steep ascents and short climbs as they wind from west to east. As the PCs travel, they can hear the sounds of a distant battle echoing through the caves, intermixed with inspirational tales of famous Pathfinders and the heroic deeds—the raging fight between Janira and the minotaur.

The tight tunnels here range from 2 to 5 feet in width and average about 9 feet in height. The slick floors and steady incline from west to east increase the DC of all Acrobatics checks by 4.

As the party continues travelling through the caves trying to find the exit, the see a green blob of slime on the ground. Inside the green blob, frozen with faces of terror, are two kobolds. They seem very familiar.

Initiative order, Bold my go! Everyone has Inspire courage +1 from Janira.
Combat Slide
>>>Andy
>>>Hullric

Enemy
Stigand
Damiel
Reginald

Knowledge Dungeoneering, DC 12:

This is a slime mold. They have [url=http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/creatureTypes.html#ooze]Ooze traits [/ur].

Knowledge Dungeoneering, DC 17:

Slime molds are resistant to fire damage.

Knowledge Dungeoneering, DC 22:

Slime molds engulf their prey and can spread diseases through contact of any kind.

Items for Use:

1 potion of barkskin
2 potions of cure light wounds
1 potion of feather step
1 potion of vanish
1 scroll of entangle
1 scroll of gust of wind
1 scroll of identify
1 scroll of mage armor CL6
1 scroll of obscuring mist
1 wand of burning hands CL 3, 4 charges
1 wand of cure light wounds CL 3, 6 charges
1 vial of acid
2 alchemist’s fires
1 holy water
1 smokestick,
2 tanglefoot bags
1 thunderstone
1 antitoxin
2 sunrods
Wand of Shield of Faith CL 6th, 10 Charges

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 14/23] [Move: 20]

knowledge(dungeoneering; bardic knowledge): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Andy switches his rapier for his sling as he moves around to the side tunnel.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Wizard 1 | HP -13/7(NL:7) | AC:12 (Touch:12, Flat:10) | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F+1, R+2, W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+6 | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: dead
Ammo & Spells:
Spells: level 1 Burning Hands, Mage Armor | Bolts: 19 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7 | Acid Flask: 2 | Holy Water: 1

”Oh, poor little guys. At least we did that encounter diplomatically.” Stigand says with a shrug.

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 4.0 | AC 22 (T 12/FF 20) | CMB +5 CMD 17 (FF 15) | HP 39/39 | Init +4 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +6 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 5/5 | Fervor 4/4 | Channel Energy 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Seeing the slime, Hullric moves down the southern passage to make his way forward. "Lets see if we can get this slime to move up to us so we can attack it from multiple angles."

Double Move: 35'

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The weird slime monster glubs and glorbs forwards, attempting to roll straight over Reggie and Damiel.

Alright guys, here is where it gets tricky, especially for PbP. Reggie and Damiel, you both either can make an AoO against the blob or a reflex save to dodge its engulfing movement. If you choose reflex save and get a 14 or higher, simply take one step forward (Reggie) or one step backwards (Damiel) and take your turns normally.

Initiative order, Bold my go! Everyone has Inspire courage +1 from Janira.
Combat Slide
>>>Andy
>>>Hullric

Enemy
>>>Stigand
>>>Damiel -Reflex save or AoO
>>>Reginald -Reflex save or AoO

Items for Use:

1 potion of barkskin
2 potions of cure light wounds
1 potion of feather step
1 potion of vanish
1 scroll of entangle
1 scroll of gust of wind
1 scroll of identify
1 scroll of mage armor CL6
1 scroll of obscuring mist
1 wand of burning hands CL 3, 4 charges
1 wand of cure light wounds CL 3, 6 charges
1 vial of acid
2 alchemist’s fires
1 holy water
1 smokestick,
2 tanglefoot bags
1 thunderstone
1 antitoxin
2 sunrods
Wand of Shield of Faith CL 6th, 10 Charges

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 14/23] [Move: 20]

Andy drops his sling and draws his rapier as he moves forward and attacks.

melee attack vs. enemy: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 8
possible piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Wizard 1 | HP -13/7(NL:7) | AC:12 (Touch:12, Flat:10) | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F+1, R+2, W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+6 | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: dead
Ammo & Spells:
Spells: level 1 Burning Hands, Mage Armor | Bolts: 19 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7 | Acid Flask: 2 | Holy Water: 1

unloads wand of burning hands, no remorse! I kid

Liberty's Edge

Male M Halfling Order of the Paw Cavalier 4th HP 44/44 AC 24 /ff 23 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3, Init +1, Per +3, Spd 20' (15’ in armor)

"Eeewzzee!" Reggie shouts as he gets engulfed by the weird green stuff, almost getting some in his mouth.

He urges Rowdy out of the way, hesitating for only a moment with the temptation of trying to cut the thing down. He doesn't know how well it cuts though, so chooses the better part of valor.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

But is not able to get away from the thing.

He does go for his fancy new sword, though, drawing and cutting, though he has no idea if that will work.

Fancy New Sword plus Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14
Slashing plus Inspire Courage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Those numbers include the +1 for the magic sword.

Liberty's Edge

Male Wolf HP 28/28 | AC 21, T 13, FF 18 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +2 | Perc +6, scent, low-light vision | Init +3

As unappetizing as biting this thing is, the idea of being eaten by it instead is even more distasteful to Rowdy and he takes a chomp at it.

Bite plus Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24
Bite Damage plus Inspire Courage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Crit?: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
Crit Damage?: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

I forgot about Rowdy, he needs a reflex save or an AoO as well.
damage to Reggie: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 and a DC 14 fort save vs disease. [ooc]Ouch, sorry[/url]

Reggie fails to dodge the blob and gets sucked in with the 2 kobolds, making the blob get ever larger. He manages to hold his breath just before he gets sucked in, but he knows he doesn't have forever to get out.

Holding Breath:

You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to twice your Constitution score, but only if you do nothing other than take move actions or free actions. If you take a standard action or a full-round action (such as making an attack), the remainder of the duration for which you can hold your breath is reduced by 1 round. (Effectively, a character in combat can hold his breath only half as long as normal.) After that period of time, you must make a DC 10 Constitution check every round to continue holding your breath. Each round, the DC for that check increases by 1. If you fail the Constitution check, you begin to drown.

@Reggie, you are considered Pinned and cannot make your sword attack. What would you like to do?


”Damiel” | Male N Medium Elf Alchemist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +3 R +5 W +0 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Bomb 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Damiel takes a step back, his eyes start to shine brightly and the light is pushed into a vial and then he throws a bomb at the weird slime monster.

Bomb - ranged touch point blank- 5/7: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
bomb damage point blank: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Damiel can quickly tell that the fire damage does not harm the monster at all, but it does seem to agitate the ooze. You can tell it is resistant, but not immune to fire, although your damage was not high enough to deal it any harm.

Liberty's Edge

Male M Halfling Order of the Paw Cavalier 4th HP 44/44 AC 24 /ff 23 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3, Init +1, Per +3, Spd 20' (15’ in armor)

Retconning!

Finding himself engulfed in Goop, Reggie finds that he cannot draw his sword to fight and instead tries to wrestle himself free.

Escape Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Unfortunately, Reggie does not free himself and loses 2 effective rounds of holding his breath.

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Wizard 1 | HP -13/7(NL:7) | AC:12 (Touch:12, Flat:10) | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F+1, R+2, W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+6 | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: dead
Ammo & Spells:
Spells: level 1 Burning Hands, Mage Armor | Bolts: 19 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7 | Acid Flask: 2 | Holy Water: 1

After seeing that fire didn't work, Stigand ponders hard on his options. Is it immune to fire or is it immune to magic? It uses digestive acids to eat, so would it be immune to my Acid Splash? Let's see what it thinks of a chill!

Would goop grapple cause a -4 on roll or is Reggie encased and not an issue?

Stigand chants the words and points his finger for Ray of Frost!

Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 21

damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Then Stigand back pedals to hide behind a corner!

Ray of Frost:

School evocation [cold]

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect ray
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes

A ray of freezing air and ice projects from your pointing finger. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack with the ray to deal damage to a target. The ray deals 1d3 points of cold damage.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

I'd say that Reggie being inside the goop doesn't impose any particular penalties to you like cover or in melee.

@Reggie, I still need an AoO or reflex save from Rowdy

Liberty's Edge

Male Wolf HP 28/28 | AC 21, T 13, FF 18 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +2 | Perc +6, scent, low-light vision | Init +3

I didn't know if you were counting Reggie's reflex save for them both. Here's Rowdy's

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Made it...so his previous post stands.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

You are technically separate creatures so you need seperate saves. Luckily, Rowdy doesn't get sucked into to the blob!

Stigand's ray of bitter bold proves to be effective and deals a bit of damage to the creature while Rowdy manages to bite the disgusting thing holding his master.

Initiative order, Bold my go! Everyone has Inspire courage +1 from Janira.
Combat Slide
Andy
>>>Hullric
Enemy -7
Stigand
Damiel
Reginald -Sucked into the blob

Items for Use:

1 potion of barkskin
2 potions of cure light wounds
1 potion of feather step
1 potion of vanish
1 scroll of entangle
1 scroll of gust of wind
1 scroll of identify
1 scroll of mage armor CL6
1 scroll of obscuring mist
1 wand of burning hands CL 3, 4 charges
1 wand of cure light wounds CL 3, 6 charges
1 vial of acid
2 alchemist’s fires
1 smokestick,
2 tanglefoot bags
1 thunderstone
1 antitoxin
2 sunrods
Wand of Shield of Faith CL 6th, 10 Charges

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 4.0 | AC 22 (T 12/FF 20) | CMB +5 CMD 17 (FF 15) | HP 39/39 | Init +4 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +6 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 5/5 | Fervor 4/4 | Channel Energy 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Hullric slashes at the ooze, maybe hoping he can cause enough damage for Reginald to slide out.

Dagger +IC +Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 28
Damage +IC: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Crit?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 18
Critical Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Hullric manages to finish off the blob with a brutal slash, freeing Reggie in the process.

Combat is over! (that was a young slime mold) You can hear Janira still battling the minotaur outside with her taunts towards it and its yelling back at her making it fairly obvious that they are surely annoying each other a great deal.

Feel free to do any healing you'd like (and anything else for that matter) before your turn in the next combat.

Initiative again! (Last one!):

Initiative, Andy Applebottom: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Initiative, Damiel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative, Reginald Bottleberry: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Initiative, Hullric Torsol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Initiative, Minotaur: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Initiative, Stigand Ufgood: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Initiative, Janira: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

The light of the surface world above provides a welcome reprieve from the blue and green fungus of the caverns below, and light illuminates a stream whose water is hastened by runoff from a recent storm further up the mountains. A ledge to the west rises up to the nearby forest canopy. You see Janira locked in combat with a bloodied Minotaur, neither of them look very well off currently.

Janira looks at the timely arrival of the group, "Oh thank the decimvarate you got here when you did! I could really use a hand finishing off this minotaur, he simply will NOT listen to reason. He thinks we are working with the Centaurs to take over his land or something.

Her tactics say she attempts to disarm the minotaur first, so Disarm attempt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 and she fails to do so.

Initiative order, Bold my go! Everyone has Inspire courage +1 from Janira.
Combat Slide
Janira
>>>Reginald
Minotaur
Stigand
Andy
Hullric
Damiel


”Damiel” | Male N Medium Elf Alchemist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +3 R +5 W +0 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Bomb 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

I unfortunately, cannot post for a while so please can you do this action when it is my turn.

Damiel focuses on the minotaur and then he throws a bomb.

Bomb - ranged touch inspire- 5/7: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25
Bomb - ranged touch crit confirm : 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16

bomb damage inspire: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
bomb damage additional crit damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male M Halfling Order of the Paw Cavalier 4th HP 44/44 AC 24 /ff 23 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +3, Init +1, Per +3, Spd 20' (15’ in armor)

"Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!" Reggie exclaims as he slides out of the slain mold.

"Thank you Hullric," he says to the man who saved him. He then hands him his healing wand. "Do you mind?"

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

All the damage done to him is healed up and he mounts up, rushing on Rowdy's back toward the sound of battle.

"Happy to help, Janira!" he shouts to their mentor as Rowdy rushes closer. He pulls out his sling staff, loads it and takes a shot.

Halfling Sling Staff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Wizard 1 | HP -13/7(NL:7) | AC:12 (Touch:12, Flat:10) | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F+1, R+2, W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+6 | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: dead
Ammo & Spells:
Spells: level 1 Burning Hands, Mage Armor | Bolts: 19 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7 | Acid Flask: 2 | Holy Water: 1

What are your plans Mr. Minotaur? Ponders Stigand to himself.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Reggie easily strikes the minotaur with his halfling sling staff. I think you forgot Janira's +1 damage, since you have 15 STR. Let me know if I missed something, otherwise your damage is 5.

The minotaur attempts to cut Janira in half with his greataxe.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Greataxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

However, both his swings miss Janira, the last one only by an hair's length. He then attempts to gore her with his horns, angered that his axe can't find its mark.

Gore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Which does manage to connect, dealing a decent chunk of damage to Janira.

Initiative order, Bold my go! Everyone has Inspire courage +1 from Janira.
Combat Slide
Janira -7
Reginald
Minotaur -5
>>>Stigand
>>>Andy
>>>Hullric
>>>Damiel

Items for Use:

1 potion of barkskin
2 potions of cure light wounds
1 potion of feather step
1 potion of vanish
1 scroll of entangle
1 scroll of gust of wind
1 scroll of identify
1 scroll of mage armor CL6
1 scroll of obscuring mist
1 wand of burning hands CL 3, 4 charges
1 wand of cure light wounds CL 3, 6 charges
1 vial of acid
2 alchemist’s fires
1 smokestick,
2 tanglefoot bags
1 thunderstone
1 antitoxin
2 sunrods
Wand of Shield of Faith CL 6th, 10 Charges

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Wizard 1 | HP -13/7(NL:7) | AC:12 (Touch:12, Flat:10) | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F+1, R+2, W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+6 | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: dead
Ammo & Spells:
Spells: level 1 Burning Hands, Mage Armor | Bolts: 19 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7 | Acid Flask: 2 | Holy Water: 1

Casting Sleep at square behind Minotaur while singing, "Hush little baby, don't say a word. Mamma's going to buy you a mockingbird and if that mockingbird don't sing, mamma is going to break its little wings!"

Sleep:

School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]

Casting Time 1 round
Components V, S, M (fine sand, rose petals, or a live cricket)

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area one or more living creatures within a 10-ft.-radius burst
Duration 1 min./level
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

A sleep spell causes a magical slumber to come upon 4 HD of creatures. Creatures with the fewest HD are affected first. Among creatures with equal HD, those who are closest to the spell’s point of origin are affected first. HD that are not sufficient to affect a creature are wasted. Sleeping creatures are helpless. Slapping or wounding awakens an affected creature, but normal noise does not. Awakening a creature is a standard action (an application of the aid another action). Sleep does not target unconscious creatures, constructs, or undead creatures.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Your sleep will take effect at the start of your next turn as it is a 1 round cast. I'm assuming you are targeting a location that will not have a chance of hitting Janira?

Grand Lodge

Male CN Human Wizard 1 | HP -13/7(NL:7) | AC:12 (Touch:12, Flat:10) | CMB 0, CMD 12 | F+1, R+2, W+3 | Init+2 | Perc+6 | Speed: 30 | Active Conditions: dead
Ammo & Spells:
Spells: level 1 Burning Hands, Mage Armor | Bolts: 19 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7 | Acid Flask: 2 | Holy Water: 1

correct, behind him so the 10ft blast doesn't hit her

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 21/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 14/23] [Move: 20]

Andy moves forward and attacks with his sling.
I do not have precise shot so I am adding -4

range attack vs. minotaur: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 = 13
possible blundgeoning damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Neat little rule I just learned "If your target is two size categories larger than the friendly characters it is engaged with, this penalty is reduced to –2. There is no penalty for firing at a creature that is three size categories larger than the friendly characters it is engaged with". So since Janira is small and the minotaur is large, you only take a -2.

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 4.0 | AC 22 (T 12/FF 20) | CMB +5 CMD 17 (FF 15) | HP 39/39 | Init +4 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +6 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 5/5 | Fervor 4/4 | Channel Energy 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Hullric rushes toward the stream, spotting the log he makes his way toward there so he can try to get across in a timely fashion.

Double Move

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Thanks to the minotaur's large size, Andy manages to just barely konk him on the head with a bullet from his sling.

@Stigand

Knowledge Local, DC 14:

Minotaurs typically have more than 4hd, if you make this knowledge roll, take 2 actions on your next turn since you probably wouldn't cast sleep.

Damiel's bomb easily explodes right on the side of the minotaurs face, likely leaving him scarred for a very long time.

Sensing the current wounded state of the minotaur, janira attempts to dish out some damage, she drops her whip, take a 5ft step back while drawing her crossbow, and fires it.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

She manages to score a solid strike, causing fear to cross the minotaurs face for a brief moment, before returning to anger.

Between all of your attacks, the already wounded minotaur is low enough that he is required to flee from combat, however Reggie gets to take one more turn before the minotaur if he likes. Regardless, congratulations, you have completed your Confirmation as Pathfinders!


”Damiel” | Male N Medium Elf Alchemist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +3 R +5 W +0 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Bomb 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Damiel is really relieved to see the Minotaur is trying to retreat.

"Run you beast and do not come back or we will will burn you with our wrath!"

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Having defeated the Minotaur and reported your findings to Janria, she confirms that you have completed your mission of exploring the caves and discovering why the Gillmen were visiting. She then leads your expedition back to Absalom without further incident.

Once safely back in the Grand Lodge, Master of Scrolls Kreighton Shaine inquires excitedly about what the you have found and asks to see their notes.

He compliments those who recorded notes, especially Andy Applebottom, for being certain to write down ideas and observations while the thoughts are fresh, observing that it’s difficult enough to remember what one had for breakfast the day before as it is to recall exactly what one was thinking while studying an inscription.

As the you are now the foremost authorities on that cave and what it contains, Shaine also invites them to come up with its name.

Shaine also is certain to compliment Janira for her guidance and assistance, much to the halfling’s delight. He makes sure to remind you, however, that not every pathfinder returns from their missions and that being a Pathfinder is a dangerous career, but also a rewarding one.

Three days later, the Master who best represents each of your interests, either the Master of Scrolls, Spells, or Swords, confirms that you are all full Pathfinder field agents. As part of the ceremony, that mentor also gifs a personalized wayfinder to the PC, reminding him or her that this is not only the symbol of the Pathfinder's trade, but also a reminder of the three principle duties: explore, report, and cooperate.

151 to 194 of 194 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's #5–08: The Confirmation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.