GMTrex's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Andrew Trexler

The Marchlands | Tactical Map | Strategic Map | Handouts | Quests | People Places Things | Campaign Tracking


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,407 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

The gate stays shut as no less than three Huntsmen scrabble in the dirt.

Toth bounds into the northeast tower and... sees nothing.

Round IV
1. Fey
2. Zed, Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


AC: +13, T: +11, FF: +12 | Fort +2 / Reflex: 4 / Will: +6 (+2 vs. Ench.) | Max HP: 27 | Character Sheet | Tactical Map | TCELES B HSUP | Quests

Perception to see the Baddie with a Needle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

If he does...

    Round the Fourth
  • Current HPs: 33/33

Zed snaps his wand into his hand and lets fly a few bolts of arcane energy!

Wand of Magic Missiles (CL: 3; Charges: 21: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10

He then orders the leopard to seek and destroy!


Male Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5 (HP 50/50), Init: +5 (+2 during surprise rounds), AC 17 (T 12, FF 15), Perception +17, Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +9, CMB+10 / CMD+19

"Huntsman, this door seems to be locked in place by powerful magics. You must go around to enter the castle."

Hehe, chumps.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Zed sees... nothing. The leopard moves into the tower, sniff towards... something.

From within the tower, the sound of a deep wound is accompanied by a pained growl from the leopard. Then a blur zips straight past Toth and heads west into the castle courtyard at a ferocious pace.

Stab @ Leopard: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16 HIT Damage: 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + (5, 1) = 10 plus FORT save vs poison

Acrobatics DC 24: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35

Round V
1. Fey
2. Zed (leopard @ 13/23, 2 bleed, Fort save), Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


M Human Bloodrager 5 HP 65 / 65 AC 20(18) Rage 5 / 14 F 7 R 4 W 3 Init +3
Raging attack:
[dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+13[/dice]
Spells:
L1:1/2

Unrak furiously dives under the portcullis hole.


Male Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5 (HP 50/50), Init: +5 (+2 during surprise rounds), AC 17 (T 12, FF 15), Perception +17, Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +9, CMB+10 / CMD+19

I look around for a lever to open the portcullis. If I find nothing I'll go investigate the animal noise.


AC: +13, T: +11, FF: +12 | Fort +2 / Reflex: 4 / Will: +6 (+2 vs. Ench.) | Max HP: 27 | Character Sheet | Tactical Map | TCELES B HSUP | Quests

    Round the Fifth
  • Current HPs: 33/33

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Zed casts Web at the far side of the keep grounds. He urges Spot the War Cat to press the attack.

And he sends Sparky the fire elemental towards the fight as well.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Sparky wriggles through the gate, followed by Unrak. Augrym spends a moment (move action) looking for a lever and, seeing none, proceeds northwest to give the Baron's elemental orbs a wide berth.

Spot feels rather ill, but dutifully trots off behind the central tower, out of sight. Take 1 Con damage and give me another Fort save.

Round V
1. Fey
2. Zed (leopard @ 11/23, 2 bleed, Fort save), Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis

Grand Lodge

Male Human Male Warpriest 4 (HP: 38/38), Init: +4, AC: 18 T: 13, FF: 15, Perception +4, F: +5, R: +3, W: +6, CMB: +7, CMD: 20

Marc give up lifting the gate and crawls under it like a gopher.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Whence the rats came before, the heroes now crawl themselves. In the gloom beyond the central tower the heroes hear a snarl and the patter of very quick feet. Unrak thinks he spots a blur flash in the corner of his eye near the south side of the central tower.

Stab @ Spot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 MISS

Round VI
1. Fey
2. Zed (leopard @ 11/23, 2 bleed, Fort save), Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


AC: +13, T: +11, FF: +12 | Fort +2 / Reflex: 4 / Will: +6 (+2 vs. Ench.) | Max HP: 27 | Character Sheet | Tactical Map | TCELES B HSUP | Quests

    Round the First
  • Current HPs: 33/33

Spot Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Zed spot: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Wand of Magic Missiles (CL: 3; Charges: 21: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Zed also instructs Sparky and Spot to attack the fey.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Bereft of a line of sight, Zed's eyes and wand do him no service.

Spot does not respond to Zed's call having fallen asleep! Sparky churns towards the central tower.

Round VI
1. Fey
2. Zed (leopard @ 9/23, 2 bleed, asleep), Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


Male Human (HP: 48/48), Init: +2, AC: 19 T: 13, FF: 16, Perception +11, F: +7*, R: +3*, W: +8*, CMB: +3, CMD: 16, Concentration +9 | Journal | Wildshape: 1/1 | The Marchlands

Taranis stays put, giving orders to Toth to seek and directing his two spells.


Male Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5 (HP 50/50), Init: +5 (+2 during surprise rounds), AC 17 (T 12, FF 15), Perception +17, Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +9, CMB+10 / CMD+19

Augrym sees there's a web in his. way this direction and needs to turn back. Unless I'm seeing this wrong, I think I moved in the wrong direction.

"Seeing" that this is an invisibility problem, he then casts Bloodhound. And then chuckles to himself at his inner monologue comment on "seeing."

Bloodhound gives me the Scent ability and a +8 to Perception, bringing it to +23 for finding this fey. Unless I smell something immediately, I'll go to where the party is moving and to where this thing might be. Not sure how Scent works or what kind of action it might be but I could use it to track the fey if that helps, and this would be a +19 roll.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Augrym enhances his powers of smell and, detecting nothing in the immediate area, moves south. Taranis sends Toth after the fire elemental and moves his orbs south. Toth growls at the entrance to the central tower.

If you are within 30 feet of a foe, you detect its presence but not its location. You can then spend a move action to pinpoint its location.

Round VI
1. Fey
2. Zed (leopard @ 9/23, 2 bleed, asleep), Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


M Human Bloodrager 5 HP 65 / 65 AC 20(18) Rage 5 / 14 F 7 R 4 W 3 Init +3
Raging attack:
[dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+13[/dice]
Spells:
L1:1/2

Thinking the fey will either try to enter the tower, or escape altogether, he moves to take up position to block the latter.

double-move


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Unrak moves south to position himself near the ruined gap in the outer wall. Inside the central tower, he sees a high-vaulted room with an elaborately carved staircase proceeding up along the western wall.

Round VI
1. Fey
2. Zed (leopard @ 9/23, 2 bleed, asleep), Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis

Grand Lodge

Male Human Male Warpriest 4 (HP: 38/38), Init: +4, AC: 18 T: 13, FF: 15, Perception +4, F: +5, R: +3, W: +6, CMB: +7, CMD: 20

Marc scrambles off of the dirt and moves towards the tower.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Marc scrabbles south as that Baron's watery orb winks out of existence.

Unrak and Marc both see a blur flash out from within the central tower, stab Toth, and flee north through the webs and out of sight. Taranis and Zed see it come out of the webs to the north and dart into the northeast tower.

Stab @ Toth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 MISS
Escape Artist: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30

Sparky gets an AoO, but Toth does not.

Round VII
1. Fey
2. Zed (leopard @ 9/23, 2 bleed, asleep, Sparky AoO), Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5 (HP 50/50), Init: +5 (+2 during surprise rounds), AC 17 (T 12, FF 15), Perception +17, Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +9, CMB+10 / CMD+19

Augrym moves to the doorway and casts Brow Gasher.

Is the door open?


Male Human (HP: 48/48), Init: +2, AC: 19 T: 13, FF: 16, Perception +11, F: +7*, R: +3*, W: +8*, CMB: +3, CMD: 16, Concentration +9 | Journal | Wildshape: 1/1 | The Marchlands

Taranis scurries through the hole under the gate while yelling for Toth to follow Augrym.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

The door, made of roughly hewn planks and obviously of new construction than the rest of the keep, is in fact open, as it has been since you arrived. Inside, Augrym spots the grey fey applying a new poison to his needle!

Round VII
1. Fey
2. Zed (leopard @ 9/23, 2 bleed, asleep, Sparky AoO), Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


M Human Bloodrager 5 HP 65 / 65 AC 20(18) Rage 5 / 14 F 7 R 4 W 3 Init +3
Raging attack:
[dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+13[/dice]
Spells:
L1:1/2

Not (yet) having any reason to change tactics, Unrak stands at the ready near the ruined south wall, guarding against egress.

ready action: cut down any hostile creature that approaches

Grand Lodge

Male Human Male Warpriest 4 (HP: 38/38), Init: +4, AC: 18 T: 13, FF: 15, Perception +4, F: +5, R: +3, W: +6, CMB: +7, CMD: 20

marc moves next to the elemental and sets his feet. He keeps his eye peeled to stick the fey if it gets close.


AC: +13, T: +11, FF: +12 | Fort +2 / Reflex: 4 / Will: +6 (+2 vs. Ench.) | Max HP: 27 | Character Sheet | Tactical Map | TCELES B HSUP | Quests

Zed moves into the room and readies an action to fire a Magic Missile from his wand as soon as he sees the annoying creature.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Zed, it is a full-round action to crawl under the portcullis. I have moved you next to Taranis. You can draw your wand and ready next round.

To Augrym's chagrin, the fey in front of him fades from view! His magically-enhanced sense of smell suggests that the creature is still nearby... move action to pinpoint location.

Zed's leopard returns to its home plane, while Taranis's fiery orb winks out.

Round VIII
1. Fey
2. Zed, Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


Male Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5 (HP 50/50), Init: +5 (+2 during surprise rounds), AC 17 (T 12, FF 15), Perception +17, Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +9, CMB+10 / CMD+19

Augrym uses his sense of smell to find him and then moves in that direction.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Augrym moves into the room.

Augrym:
The fey is immediately to your east.

Round VIII
1. Fey
2. Zed, Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


Male Human (HP: 48/48), Init: +2, AC: 19 T: 13, FF: 16, Perception +11, F: +7*, R: +3*, W: +8*, CMB: +3, CMD: 16, Concentration +9 | Journal | Wildshape: 1/1 | The Marchlands

Did Sparky ever take his AoO?

Taranis and Toth both close distance. Ready an action to attack anything trying to leave. He gives Toth a bit more guidance.


Male Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5 (HP 50/50), Init: +5 (+2 during surprise rounds), AC 17 (T 12, FF 15), Perception +17, Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +9, CMB+10 / CMD+19

"You will not get away from us fey-beast! HE IS HERE!!!"


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Hmm, I do not think so.

Sparky AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 MISS

Augrym alerts Taranis the other Hunstmen to the fey's presence, and to the fey, his own.

Round VIII
1. Fey
2. Zed, Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


M Human Bloodrager 5 HP 65 / 65 AC 20(18) Rage 5 / 14 F 7 R 4 W 3 Init +3
Raging attack:
[dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+13[/dice]
Spells:
L1:1/2

Unrak reacts to the call & closes distance

Someone please move me toward the room...prob double move to get inside doorway


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

A bit more than a double move, actually. Moved you.

Unrak hurries north, crashing through the underbrush and hopping over Taranis' waning ball of fire.

Round VIII
1. Fey
2. Zed, Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Marc, too, chases after the others.

Round VIII
1. Fey
2. Zed, Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


Zed's voice crackles as he directs his elemental to stand in the center, ready for an opening.

The wizard then moves into the courtyard, readying a spell of Magic Missile if he lays eyes on the troublesome foe.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 SUCCESS

The fey foe hears Augrym's shout, and its invisible ears perk up. The creature slides to the left, becoming a visible blur, and stabs mightily at Toth on its way out the door.

Acrobatics DC 24: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 SUCCESS
Stab @ Toth: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 MISS

The blur bolts into Zed's summoned webs, darting back into the central tower.

Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 7 SUCCESS

Augrym and Taranis each have a chance to swipe at the creature as it flashes by, and Zed's spell goes off!

Round IX
1. Fey
2. Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp, invisible, AoO), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis (AoO), Zed (Triggered MM)


Male Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5 (HP 50/50), Init: +5 (+2 during surprise rounds), AC 17 (T 12, FF 15), Perception +17, Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +9, CMB+10 / CMD+19

Augrym takes a long awaited swing, his cold iron sword magically aimed at the head of the creature.

attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 271d8 + 9 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 9 + (4, 5) + (3) = 27

extra damage is from bane weapon class ability and sneak from being invisible.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 25 ooh, close! But a hit!

Augrym sheds his glamer for a telling hit! The fey still looks plenty hale, however, and zooms away.

Round IX
1. Fey (27 damage)
2. Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis (AoO), Zed (Triggered MM)


Male Human (HP: 48/48), Init: +2, AC: 19 T: 13, FF: 16, Perception +11, F: +7*, R: +3*, W: +8*, CMB: +3, CMD: 16, Concentration +9 | Journal | Wildshape: 1/1 | The Marchlands

AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 MISS: 1d100 ⇒ 24 Sigh.

"Zed! Drop the web!" Taranis waits a second for the wizard to do so. Then he dashes forward.

Assuming Taranis can see. If not, will change standard.

"I grow tired of this frelling thing!" Taranis turns the corner and with a shout to Gozreh, he slams his foot on the ground. A ripple of power passes through the ground, snapping at the troublesome foes feet.

Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 MISS: 1d100 ⇒ 76


Animal Companion (HP: 40/40), Init: PC, AC: 21 T: 14, FF: 17, Perception +7 (Low-light, Scent, F: +6, R: +8, W: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: 19 (23 v. overrun, trip)

Still assuming the above.

Toth snarls as it rushes forward to chomp down.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 THREAT MISS: 1d100 ⇒ 60
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 for DMG: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 and Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Taranis takes a wild swing that gets ducked, but Zed's spell vanishes a moment later and he manages to trip up fast-moving feet. Toth follows up with a bite!

Round IX
1. Fey (34 damage, prone, 2 bleed)
2. Zed, Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis

Grand Lodge

Male Human Male Warpriest 4 (HP: 38/38), Init: +4, AC: 18 T: 13, FF: 15, Perception +4, F: +5, R: +3, W: +6, CMB: +7, CMD: 20

Marc is getting tired of this fey. HE rushes south to try and cut off its escape.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

Marc heads south!

Round IX
1. Fey (34 damage, prone, 2 bleed)
2. Zed, Unrak (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp), Marc (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


M Human Bloodrager 5 HP 65 / 65 AC 20(18) Rage 5 / 14 F 7 R 4 W 3 Init +3
Raging attack:
[dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+13[/dice]
Spells:
L1:1/2

Unrak runs around (again) and stands next to Toth, ready to strike!!


Male Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5 (HP 50/50), Init: +5 (+2 during surprise rounds), AC 17 (T 12, FF 15), Perception +17, Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +9, CMB+10 / CMD+19

Double move


Animal Companion (HP: 40/40), Init: PC, AC: 21 T: 14, FF: 17, Perception +7 (Low-light, Scent, F: +6, R: +8, W: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: 19 (23 v. overrun, trip)

Bite AoO when the bastard tries to stand:

Toth's acidic teeth drip as he gnashes at the fey:
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 MISS: 1d100 ⇒ 80 for DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 and Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 3

No matter what happens, it takes additional Acid damage ACID: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5 (HP 50/50), Init: +5 (+2 during surprise rounds), AC 17 (T 12, FF 15), Perception +17, Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +9, CMB+10 / CMD+19

Not sure when this kicks in but, don’t forget the bleed damage as well.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic

The fey pops up and starts running for the exit, opting for speed over trying to duck. Toth gets a chomp in, but finds only leather. Unrak and Marc each get an AoO.

The blur bounds through the ruined curtain wall and takes a sharp turn east, out of sight.

Round X
1. Fey (40 damage, 2 bleed, -1 atk)
2. Zed, Unrak (AoO) (62/65 hp), Augrym (23/50 hp), Marc (AoO) (35/38 hp, diseased), Taranis


M Human Bloodrager 5 HP 65 / 65 AC 20(18) Rage 5 / 14 F 7 R 4 W 3 Init +3
Raging attack:
[dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+13[/dice]
Spells:
L1:1/2

miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 15 <—FRAK ME!!!!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Male Warpriest 4 (HP: 38/38), Init: +4, AC: 18 T: 13, FF: 15, Perception +4, F: +5, R: +3, W: +6, CMB: +7, CMD: 20

attack!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14
miss chance: high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 49

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,407 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTrex's Kingmaker Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.