[GM Striker's The Ruins of Azlant] Table 1

Game Master Sam Sturkie

Map of the Island of Ancorato
Map of Talmandor's Bounty
Loot Tracker
Interactive Combat Map
Handout 1
Colonists


451 to 500 of 1,252 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Rolls:
Aenon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Delia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Deth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Momo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Nininox: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Grindylow R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Grindylow G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Grindylow B: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Echeneis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Can't ready an action outside of initiative rounds, effectively the initiative is a readied action vs readied action...

The water is calm and medium creatures can touch the slick flooring without issues, small can swim or walk along the bottom or cling to the walls. Current light sources are Deth's spear, and Momo's wayfinder. Appart from that everywhere apart from the mouth of the cave is dark. 5ft space of air above the water, allowing anyone on the surface to breath. In addition to the darkness, there is a higher concentration of sediment and debris in her reducing the visibility underwater even with light to...
Visability: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) = 100 feet
Swim DC to move or fight is 10 or can brace against the bottom for firm footing. As a reminder casting spells while submerged is a DC 15 + spell level concentration check.

Round Order

Nininox
Delia
Deth
Echeneis
Grindylow R
Momo
Aenon
Grindylow B
Grindylow G


Male Human Urban Druid 3 | HP21/21 | AC 19 12T/ 17FF | CMD 15 | Perception +7,Lowlight | Sense Motive +3 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6

Before starting Deth turns to make sure Nox hasn't drowned, falling back behind Momo and Aenon. 'Oh well' he thinks. 'They're better than me in a fight anyways, I'll just heal them and keep them up.' He picks Nox up and holds him out of the water and moves forward, no longer bothering to stay underwater. He moves to the corner and peers around at the grindylows."Just tell me where you want to go." he tells the erstwhile gnome.
Standard action to grab Nox and 10' move with him.
Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Gnome Marid Bloodline Sorcerer 4 | AC 12/12/12 | HP 30/30 | Int.+3, Perc.+2 | +2 on saves vs. language dependent spells, glyphs, symbols and magic writing | | Cold Resistance 10 | F+4,R+2,W+4 (+2 on saves versus Fear, Despair, Charm, Compulsion, and Emotion spells) | 1/day after rolling a Nat 1, can reroll |

"Hold me still, Deth! I'm going to knock that fish out. Stealing our speed is scary!". Nox will start casting Sleep on the fish. After casting the spell, he grabs onto the wall and frees Deth to do his thing.

DC 14 Will to resist.


Round 1
Nininox- Delays for Deth
Delia -Inspires courrage?
Deth -Carries Nox
Nininox- casts sleep Will DC 14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Echeneis- Asleep
Grindylow R - Lunges forward and stabs at Niniox spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Momo
Aenon
Grindylow B
Grindylow G


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

Aenon swiftly moves around Deth and Nox and to keep the grindylocks attention away from them, unleashes a vicious attack against it.

Spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Is the water so high that it interferes with melee attacks?


Female Half-elf 4th level Bard 3/Oracle 1 | HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Bardic Per: 14/14 | BSpells: 1st - 4/4 | OSpells: 1st - 4/4

Correct, Delia will begin singing a song to Inspire her companions.

Seeing the opportunity for a very unique performance, Delia tests the acoustics within the cavern before beginning another of her hauntingly beautiful melodies! Her clear voice reverberating in the small area as she draws out her starknife...

Just to confirm, we do need to make a Swim check for movement? Also, can one draw a weapon as part of a Swim move without a Swim speed?


@ Aenon yes, -2 to hit

Since you can all touch you can move without making swim checks just at 1/4 speed as a move action. You can draw a weapon as part of this action.


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Round 1:

Momo swims up behind Aenon (see map) and takes out her bow, loading an arrow onto the string.

Round 2:

To hit: 1d20 + 5 - 10 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 10 = 15
+1 Inspire Courage, +1 Point Blank Shot, +3 Dex

(Is it -5 or -10? Do you count the space the enemy is in?)

Damage (Longbow): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
+1 Inspire Courage, +1 Point Blank Shot

(Do I add Strength mod to Damage? If yes, why? I forget)


Round 1
Nininox- Delays for Deth
Delia -Inspires courrage
Deth -Carries Nox
Nininox- casts sleep
Echeneis- Asleep
Grindylow R - Lunges forward and stabs at Niniox missing.
Momo- Hits and leaves the Grindylow unconscious and bleeding.
Aenon- Misses
Grindylow BMoves to the Fish and wakes it up.
Grindylow G Rushes forward at Aenon.
spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
It's slimy tenticles lash at his feet under the water as well. Trip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Round 2

Delia -
Deth -
Nininox-
Echeneis- Awake
Grindylow R - Dying
Momo-
Grindylow B
Grindylow G


Male Human Urban Druid 3 | HP21/21 | AC 19 12T/ 17FF | CMD 15 | Perception +7,Lowlight | Sense Motive +3 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6

Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Deth moves back 5', holding the gnome as high as he can without bumping the gnomes head on the ceiling. "Sorry Nox, I didn't mean to get you close enough that you would be attacked. If you're out of spells, let me know and I'll set you down."


Male Gnome Marid Bloodline Sorcerer 4 | AC 12/12/12 | HP 30/30 | Int.+3, Perc.+2 | +2 on saves vs. language dependent spells, glyphs, symbols and magic writing | | Cold Resistance 10 | F+4,R+2,W+4 (+2 on saves versus Fear, Despair, Charm, Compulsion, and Emotion spells) | 1/day after rolling a Nat 1, can reroll |

Nox wasn't out of spells yet. He tries to put both blue and the fish back to lala land. "Keep me steady, Deth, and we all might make it out of here alive after all!"

Sleep on both of them! DC 14 Will to resist.


Female Half-elf 4th level Bard 3/Oracle 1 | HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Bardic Per: 14/14 | BSpells: 1st - 4/4 | OSpells: 1st - 4/4

Delia continues her inspiring tune as she wades through the water towards the fight. "I'm coming my friends!

Maintain Inspire Courage, Double Move.


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Round 3:

Momo moves diagonally to be next to Aenon. See map. She takes one of her four remaining arrows and aims it at one of the other grindylows (green)

To hit: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 5 = 14
+1 Inspire Courage, +1 Point Blank Shot, +3 Dex

Damage (Longbow): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
+1 Inspire Courage, +1 Point Blank Shot, +2 Str


Round 2

Delia - Singing
Deth - Steps back
Nininox- Casts Sleep
Will DC 14 Echeneis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Will DC 14 Grindylow B: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Both seem uneffected this time!
Echeneis- Darts back behind the rocks in the deeper water.
Grindylow R - Dying
Momo- Hits AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Grindylow B Darts behind the rocks.
Grindylow G - Dying


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

Do I get my turn? I think I was ejected from the initiative :(


Round 2

Delia - Singing
Deth - Steps back
Nininox- Casts Sleep
[dice=Will DC 14 Echeneis]1d20+1
[dice=Will DC 14 Grindylow B]1d20+2
Both seem uneffected this time!
Echeneis- Darts back behind the rocks in the deeper water.
Grindylow R - Dying
Momo- Hits [dice=AoO]1d20+2 [dice=dmg]1d6+1

So sorry! that hazards of copy and paste!
Aenon-

Grindylow B Darts behind the rocks.
Grindylow G - Dying


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

Does having a swimspeed allow me to charge the blue dude before he f@**s off?


YES!


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

Then he gets charged! 16 ac next turn.

Aenon speeds through the water and spears the fleeing grindylock.

Spear: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 231d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


GM Striker wrote:

Round 2

Delia - Singing
Deth - Steps back
Nininox- Casts Sleep Both seem uneffected this time!
Echeneis- Darts back behind the rocks in the deeper water.
Grindylow R - Dying
Momo- Hits and is hit in retunrn for 6dmg
So sorry! that hazards of copy and paste!
Aenon- Charges Blue and knocks him out!

Grindylow B Dying
Grindylow G - Dying


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Does dying mean they are prone?

Round 3:

Momo drops her bow and pulls out her daggers to coup de grace the closest grindylow. Her daggers lash out, cutting through the water before her bow touches ground.


Male Human Urban Druid 3 | HP21/21 | AC 19 12T/ 17FF | CMD 15 | Perception +7,Lowlight | Sense Motive +3 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6

Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Deth trudges through the water, carrying Nox until he gets next to Momo. "Hold onto my neck for a second, Nox, I need my hands free." he asks. Saying a few words in Sylvan he lays his hands onto Momo's back as she finishes off the grindylow, channeling the healing power of The Green into her.
Cure Light: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Well that was a rotten roll :(
Disappointed in the results, he offers her a plum in consolation.
That is the last of Deth's plums, I think Delia has some left however.


Male Gnome Marid Bloodline Sorcerer 4 | AC 12/12/12 | HP 30/30 | Int.+3, Perc.+2 | +2 on saves vs. language dependent spells, glyphs, symbols and magic writing | | Cold Resistance 10 | F+4,R+2,W+4 (+2 on saves versus Fear, Despair, Charm, Compulsion, and Emotion spells) | 1/day after rolling a Nat 1, can reroll |

Seeing the odds evened, Nox hops off of Deth's back, freeing him to help finish the remaining enemies. He grabs ahold of the side of the wall, keeping his head above water. If his friends couldn't finish the remainder off quickly, he planned on creeping forward, keeping his right side in contact with the bumpy wall so that he might not drown.


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

Aenon stabs his spear through the dying grindylock, finishing it off. He moves around the a corner to keep an eye out for the fled fish, before taking a moment to turn back and check up on his companions. ’Everyone alright back there?’’ He asks calmly.


Male Gnome Marid Bloodline Sorcerer 4 | AC 12/12/12 | HP 30/30 | Int.+3, Perc.+2 | +2 on saves vs. language dependent spells, glyphs, symbols and magic writing | | Cold Resistance 10 | F+4,R+2,W+4 (+2 on saves versus Fear, Despair, Charm, Compulsion, and Emotion spells) | 1/day after rolling a Nat 1, can reroll |

Nox wasn't sure if alright would be the first word he would choose, but he did nod in agreement. "I'm sort of alive," he called out, gasping for air as he held tight to the wall. "I hope Uncle Nini never made it down here!"


Beyond the curve in the cave, the final fish and a pair of octopuses lay in wait, and while the deeper water poses a minor difficulty you dispatch the animals.


Male Gnome Marid Bloodline Sorcerer 4 | AC 12/12/12 | HP 30/30 | Int.+3, Perc.+2 | +2 on saves vs. language dependent spells, glyphs, symbols and magic writing | | Cold Resistance 10 | F+4,R+2,W+4 (+2 on saves versus Fear, Despair, Charm, Compulsion, and Emotion spells) | 1/day after rolling a Nat 1, can reroll |

Once the group finishes off the stragglers, Nox casts Detect Magic and has Deth help him search the caves. If he discovers anything, he points it out to the group. Once the group was ready he head back to the ship, he casts Monkeyfish on himself one more time before setting out on his swim.


there's a little more of the cave to explore


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

After waiting to hear if anyone is alright, Aenon ventures further into the darkness of the cave to make sure it's safe for the others.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Female Half-elf 4th level Bard 3/Oracle 1 | HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Bardic Per: 14/14 | BSpells: 1st - 4/4 | OSpells: 1st - 4/4

Delia nods that she is okay and looks eager to continue the exploration of the cave. "This is very exciting! I wonder if we will locate any more Azlanti artifacts within these caves. It seems like a perfect place to hide such things."


After a sharp switchback in the tunnel, a gradual upward slope leads out of the water and into this roughly round chamber with a dome-like ceiling. The floor is covered in a mixture of sand and coarse stones. Rising from the ground near the center of the room is a massive statue of a hand, carved from a smooth, pearlescent, sea-green marble. The hand is bent back at the wrist and posed as if to catch something or to cradle something in its palm. If anything more exists of the statue, it is buried beneath the earth. This chamber is not submerged, and sounds echo off its rounded walls.

Brinetooth, the leader of the Shellcracker Gang, makes this room her personal lair, and the statue of the hand serves as her throne. She does not welcome unexpected visitors and slides down off her throne to challenge you.

She stands considerably larger than the others you've come across.

Aenon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Delia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Deth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Momo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Nininox: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Brinetooth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Round 1
Deth
Delia
Aenon
Nininox
Brinetooth
Momo


Male Gnome Marid Bloodline Sorcerer 4 | AC 12/12/12 | HP 30/30 | Int.+3, Perc.+2 | +2 on saves vs. language dependent spells, glyphs, symbols and magic writing | | Cold Resistance 10 | F+4,R+2,W+4 (+2 on saves versus Fear, Despair, Charm, Compulsion, and Emotion spells) | 1/day after rolling a Nat 1, can reroll |

Nox knew his role by this point. He immediately will start casting Sleep on the leader of the grindylows. After casting the spell, he grabs onto the wall and frees Deth to do his thing.

DC 14 Will to resist.


Male Human Urban Druid 3 | HP21/21 | AC 19 12T/ 17FF | CMD 15 | Perception +7,Lowlight | Sense Motive +3 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6

Deth moves 10' forward onto the relatively dry ground, letting Nox slip off his back while he does so. He then readies his spear to attack the grindylow queen.

Readied attack:

Spear attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Additional damage if Deth was charged: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-elf 4th level Bard 3/Oracle 1 | HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Bardic Per: 14/14 | BSpells: 1st - 4/4 | OSpells: 1st - 4/4

Delia spots the grindylow and begins to sing a soothing song, directed towards their enemy. The creature finds the lullaby pulling it towards the enchanting slumber...

Move forward towards the beach. Casting Lullaby on the grindylow. Will save DC 14 to resist. If successful, the grindylow gets a -2 Penalty against Nox's spell.


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

Aenon moves forward with Deth and readies himself to attack the grindtylow.


Round 1
Deth - Redies vs charge
Delia - Lullaby Will DC 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Aenon - Moves forward and Reddies
Nininox - Sleep Will DC 14: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 2 = 12
Brinetooth - Falls Asleep
Momo -


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Round 1:

Momo approaches the others at the head of the fight and whispers (at to not wake Brinetooth) "Do you want me to execute it?"

If the others want to eliminate the threat, Momo will approach the creature in round 2 and attempt to shoot an arrow through its brain.


Male Gnome Marid Bloodline Sorcerer 4 | AC 12/12/12 | HP 30/30 | Int.+3, Perc.+2 | +2 on saves vs. language dependent spells, glyphs, symbols and magic writing | | Cold Resistance 10 | F+4,R+2,W+4 (+2 on saves versus Fear, Despair, Charm, Compulsion, and Emotion spells) | 1/day after rolling a Nat 1, can reroll |

"Of course we want to execute it! Those things are pure evil. They sorcerer might have been behind the disappearance of the previous group..."


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

Aenon searches around the cave after any sign of the colonists. "If the colonists started infighting, I doubt such a small pack of grindylocks would have had a serious impact on their numbers. Besides, we're ways off from the colony."

Are there any signs of the grindylocks' diet in the cave, or any of the colonists?

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human Urban Druid 3 | HP21/21 | AC 19 12T/ 17FF | CMD 15 | Perception +7,Lowlight | Sense Motive +3 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6

Deth helps Momo kill the grindylow. "Aenon, gave them an opportunity for peace and they refused. He thinks back upon their first encounter in the rowboat. [b]"These aquatic goblins seem numerous and aggressive. A bad combination for peaceful coexistence."
Coup de grasi with spear: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6
He does this simultaneously with Momo. Hopefully she rolls better :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-elf 4th level Bard 3/Oracle 1 | HP 27/27 | AC 19 | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | Fort +2 | Ref +7 | Will +5 | Init +4 | Perc +9 | Bardic Per: 14/14 | BSpells: 1st - 4/4 | OSpells: 1st - 4/4

"Perhaps we should take the opportunity to tie her up. Maybe she can provide us with more information of what occurred on this island?" She looks at her companions to see what they think.

Nicely done, Nox! A little Cantrip, Sleep duo for the wiiiiiiiin!


Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Well Deth didn't kill it, Momo, you're chance or things might take a turn for the worse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

CDG From Momo: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 9 = 17
Momo steps up and fires an arrow through its eye while Deth slashes at its throat, it shudders once, the tentacles twitching then lies still.

Treasure
searching the water near the where grindylows appear to sleep finds a few leathery pouches made out of a large fish’s swim bladder. Inside the pouches, you find 13 pieces of polished red coral worth 10 gp each. In addition, a waterlogged backpack contains a bottle of air, an everburning torch, a rotted coil of rope, an empty flask bearing the initials “E. M.,” a hammer, six pitons, and a dented flute.

A rusted sea chest, stolen from a sunken sailing ship decades ago, is tucked behind the stone hand that serves as her throne. The lock is rusted beyond use, so the chest must be broken open (hardness 5, hp 15, break DC 23). Inside is a +1 mithral chain shirt, a ring of swimming, a wand of flaming sphere with 9 charges, and 470 gp minted in Cheliax before the ascension of House Thrune.


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

"E. M." Aenon thinks out loud and turns as to ask for something before remembering that most of the partys stuff is back in the boat. "Do any of you remember if anyone with those initials appeared in the ledger? He asks and starts searching for humanoid remains in the cave. (If none are found on land, he checks the bottom of the deeper parts of the cave.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I might land a new job soon!

Momo takes a rock and begins to smash at the rusted lock. "Thing is rusted beyond use!" Whack! Whack! Whack! Momo repeatedly brings the rock down the on lock, hoping something will give.

"Can someone help? I'm not quite strong enough."

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Gnome Marid Bloodline Sorcerer 4 | AC 12/12/12 | HP 30/30 | Int.+3, Perc.+2 | +2 on saves vs. language dependent spells, glyphs, symbols and magic writing | | Cold Resistance 10 | F+4,R+2,W+4 (+2 on saves versus Fear, Despair, Charm, Compulsion, and Emotion spells) | 1/day after rolling a Nat 1, can reroll |

"Can any of you just carry the chest to the ship? We can worry about getting it open when I'm not half drowned," Nox calls out, still holding onto the side of a cave wall.


1d20 ⇒ 5 You don't recall seeing one among the 100 names...

Tresure Forgot the loot on the boss...
ring of ferocious action, +1 spear, amulet of natural armor +1
Aenon, you dont spot any humanoid remaind in the cavern


Male Gnome Marid Bloodline Sorcerer 4 | AC 12/12/12 | HP 30/30 | Int.+3, Perc.+2 | +2 on saves vs. language dependent spells, glyphs, symbols and magic writing | | Cold Resistance 10 | F+4,R+2,W+4 (+2 on saves versus Fear, Despair, Charm, Compulsion, and Emotion spells) | 1/day after rolling a Nat 1, can reroll |

Now would detect magic on any of the items the group ended up locating. "There's magic on that gear," the little gnome calls out, as it glowed blue under his magical vision.


LN Male Undine U.Monk 4 | HP 27/27 | Ki 7/7 SF 5/5 Hv 8/8| AC 21(25), T 20, FF 16(20)| Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5 (+2 vs Enchantment) | CMB +5, CMD 25 (Grapple 28) | Spd 40' Swim 30' | Perc +7 (Darkvision 60ft, Blindsense 30ft in water) | Init +457

"I don't think any of us can really be called paragons of physical strength Momo." Aenon laughs as he gathers the loot together in the backpack for easier transport to the surface. "They probably have a crowbar aboard the Peregrine, and probably someone better suited for forcing chests open. Besides, there are some things I'd like to check in the ledger."

Idling around for a moment, Aenon picks up one of the coins and a thought seems to strike him. "Delia, before we lose your attention to the giant hand. As the more historically inclined of us, how do you suppose a.. what? .. at least a hundred year old bag of coin has found its way onto an uninhabited island?"

Does Aenon have any idea how long it would take a rope to rot away like it has? Would a month be enough, or would it have to be older?


Male Human Urban Druid 3 | HP21/21 | AC 19 12T/ 17FF | CMD 15 | Perception +7,Lowlight | Sense Motive +3 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6

Deth tries to remember about the history of the region, having read up on it while applying to for the expedition.
K/History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
"Thanks, Momo." he says after failing to dispatch the grindylow by himself. He grabs one of the grindylow's spears or javelins (not the magical one) and jams it into the rusted lock's shackle. He then grows, the javelin growing with him and tries to pop the lock.
Enlarged Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Hopefully there will be a circumstance bonus for his large size and method

451 to 500 of 1,252 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Striker's The Ruins of Azlant] Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.