GM Red's Down the Blighted Path (Inactive)

Game Master GM Red

Map of Davarn

Perception:

[dice=Poe]1d20+10[/dice
[dice=Vingold]1d20+7[/dice
[dice=Lilly]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Yizzik]1d20+9[/dice
[dice=Hiniata]1d20+8[/dice

Initiative:

[dice=Hinata]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Yizzik]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Vingold]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Poe]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Lilly]1d20+3[/dice


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,388 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

dwarf gunslinger (bolt ace) 6; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11; Defensive Abilities defensive training, nimble +2; HP 62/62; AC 20, touch 17, flat-footed 14; Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4

Poe does his best to support his allies from afar. By shooting Green.

shot 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 damage 1: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
crit confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 crit damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

shot2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage 2: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

-Posted with Wayfinder


F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

Lilly continues trying to disarm the evil little fey.

Trip: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 4 = 16

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Stuff:

R -42, G -19

Poe's first shot finds its mark and impales the Greencap through the chest.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
The same Greencap laughs at Dawn's attempt to shock him, and Lilly's failed attempt at disarming him. "Fool, the only thing you've done is make me harder to hit! HAH!"

Yizzik 1, Gnome 2, Dawn 3: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Scythe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 212d4 + 10 ⇒ (1, 1) + 10 = 12
Kick: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
With the Redcap's scythe cleaving a gaping wound through the deep gnome's body, he coughs up a mouthful of blood, quickly realizing his bravery was perhaps a little foolish. He manages to fight on for now.

Phaedextrin's Maw (bold is up): Redcap Red, Yizzik (-31), Redcap Green, Poe, Blue (-21)/Pink svirfneblin, Lilly, Dawn


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

"Back up, little guy!" Dawn gasps. "Yizzik is thankful, but we're here to save ya!"


Male Lizardfolk Male; Lawful Good; Fighter Lv 6; HP: 21/57; AC: 29 (Tch: 12|Flat: 27); CMB: 10 CMD: 22; F:8 R:5 W:5; Init: 4; Perc: +11; Speed: 30ft; Climb: 15; Active Condition: None

"St-Stay behind me..!" he told the little gnome despite being on his last legs himself. The creatures defenses proved superior to his own as that scythe managed to find weak spots in his armor and punish the reptile more severely for them then he could with his axe. This wouldn't stop his assault though, looking to defend these innocent until his dying breath.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 161d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 161d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

9 hp left xD remember me how I was: a violin lizard

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Yizzik's aim is off as his injury causes him to be distracted.
Scythe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 272d4 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 = 18
Kick: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Luckily, he escapes unscathed this time.

The gnome nods as if he understood Yizzik's warning, and quickly backs away out of combat. The other fires another arrow at the Redcap, but misses.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 191d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Phaedextrin's Maw (bold is up): Redcap Red, Yizzik (-31), Redcap Green, Poe, Blue (-21)/Pink svirfneblin, Lilly, Dawn


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

Cold Iron Falchion +2, Flanking: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27
Damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 = 12
Electric Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) = 11

"Annnd POP! Goes the weasel. Haha!" Dawn does a quick dance as the falchion slices into the Redcap. Electricity discharges from the blade as it slices across.

If it's dead, Dawn will try to use Acrobatics to the back. She has +4 AC due to mobility. I'm taking a -5 penalty due to moving at full speed.

Acrobatics, Full Speed vs CMD: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 5 = 7

Meanwhile, Sparky tries to deal another 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) = 8 electric damage.Reflex DC 14 negates.


dwarf gunslinger (bolt ace) 6; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11; Defensive Abilities defensive training, nimble +2; HP 62/62; AC 20, touch 17, flat-footed 14; Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4

Poe advances another 5 feet and fires twice more.
shooting at redcap red

attack 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
damage 1: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
damage 2: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

-Posted with Wayfinder


F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

With the others moving, the Red redcap is now more open to Lilly's whip.

Whip-Trip: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Stuff:

G -19

Reflex save, green: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Concealment vs Poe < 20: 1d100 ⇒ 32
Concealment vs Lilly <20: 1d100 ⇒ 29

Dawn's magically attenuated blade spells death for the Redcap as the blade slides through his flesh and into his black heart.

AoO, Dawn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 202d4 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 = 18
Green takes a swing at Dawn as she passes by, but she's too quick, and his metal boots weigh him down.

Redirect Poe's shot to green
Poe's first shot blows another hole through the Greencap, and Lilly sends him tumbling to the ground.

Well, with red down, there won't be anymore split initiative next round.

Phaedextrin's Maw (bold is up): Yizzik (-31), Redcap Green (prone), Poe, Blue (-21)/Pink svirfneblin, Lilly, Dawn


Botting for Yizzik.

Wounded, Yizzik decides to flank with Dawn.

Attack, Flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Attack 2, Flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

AoO, if needed:

Attack, Flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Yizzik slices and dices the Redcap as he rolls around on the ground in a futile evasion attempt, then takes a third slice, which proves especially deadly as it pierces a vital artery in the Redcap's neck. The resulting bleeding kills him soon after.

Out of combat!


F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

Lilly makes a pirihouette.

"We won! We won!"

Once she calms down, she waves as a greeting at the dark gnomes.
"Hey there, are you guys ok?"


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

Dawn turns to the Gnomes and kneels. "मैं बर्तन धोने चाहिए" She says in Sylvan.

Sylvan:

"Sorry about your friend, here."

She sheathes her falchion. "कार को जल्दी से चलाएं"

Sylvan:

"My name is Dawn. That's Lilly. Yizzik. And Poe has the fine sharpshooting. That's Sparky over there although he wasn't very good today. Bad Sparky! Erm anyway, is this Phaedextrin's Maw?"

"So is this Phaedextrin's Maw? What were we doing here, again?"


F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

Lilly is somewhat confused.

"What kind of speech is that? It sounds nice."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The two gnomes drop their guard as the last Redcap falls. When Dawn speaks to them in Sylvan, they shrug at each other and shakes their heads. They do respond in a different language, however. A language that I believe Lilly speaks.

"Faleminderit për ndihmën tuaj. Kush ... a jeni, edhe pse? Dhe çfarë po bën këtu?"

Undercommon:

"Thanks for your help. Who... are you, though? And what are you doing here?"

Sense Motive DC 12:

Despite your help and his injuries, the gnome is standoffish, likely still pretty wary of your presence here.

As an aside, if you need a story refresh because of the character changes/length of this part of the adventure, let me know.


Male Lizardfolk Male; Lawful Good; Fighter Lv 6; HP: 21/57; AC: 29 (Tch: 12|Flat: 27); CMB: 10 CMD: 22; F:8 R:5 W:5; Init: 4; Perc: +11; Speed: 30ft; Climb: 15; Active Condition: None

Not understand any of what was being spoken, all Yizzik would do is put away his shield and axe, moving to lay on the ground soon after. This was certainly more pain than he had known in a long while, but he recognized and was proud of the victory achieved and lives saved. The others seemed to have this under control. He considered for a moment on chomping down on one of the red caps, but decided that hold off on that while the gnomes were still presents the did look a little similar.


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

She looks at Lilly. "Oh, I was speaking the language of the First World. Um, Sylvan, you call it? Took me twenty years to stop accidentally cursing." She giggles.

"Wait, what are we doing here?"

A story refresh would be great.


F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

"That's okay, i understand the little guy."

Undercommon:

"Hello. We are surfacers, exploring the underground. We've seen plenty of things so far. Ghosts, dark dwarves, giant bugs, little fey, a goat woman, skeletons....oh that battle was interesting.....yeah we're explorers basically. Whom do i have the pleasure of speaking to?"


dwarf gunslinger (bolt ace) 6; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11; Defensive Abilities defensive training, nimble +2; HP 62/62; AC 20, touch 17, flat-footed 14; Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4

At about this point Poe catches up to the group. "Wha?" he says, reloading Olivia. "Weirdest gnomes Ah've ever seen."

He walks over to Yizzik and prods his side with the toe of his boot.

"Oi. You still breathin'? Can we get some healing over here?" he calls.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Recap:

As concisely as I can put it:
You're in the Darklands, heading for Phaedextrin's Maw, in search of Lady Delbera Axebringer's weapon, Firebrand, her only connection to Torag. The weapon was stolen by someone and used to slay members of the Axebringer line, raising them as undead. Delbera's ghost told you of Karexin, an orphne, or death-obsessed fey, who would raise undead abominations in Delbera's youth. Eventually, Delbera and her adventuring band crushed Karexin, but his apprentice - Zohir Totek - survived.
While exploring Firebrand's Redoubt, you encounter Sarxa, a fey woman employed by Zohir Totek, and kill her. She carried a note from Totek indicating Totek's plot to kill Axebringers.
Delbera's ghost requests that you retrieve Firebrand and tells you that Karexin's lair is located hanging from the ceiling in Phaedextrin's Maw.

Given that Lilly likely translates, I'm not opposed to everyone reading these spoilers.

"Një grua dhie, hmm?"

Undercommon:

"A goat woman, hmm?"

The gnome scratches his beard, and the duo deliberate in gnomish for a few minutes.

"Ky është Notirim, dhe unë jam Vankamuth. Është shumë e ndjeshme e eksploruesve për të ardhur në Nar-Voth. Nuk është e sigurt poshtë këtu, lass! Çfarë po hulumtoni?"

Undercommon:

"This is Notirim, and I'm Vankamuth. It's pretty ballsy of explorers to come into Nar-Voth. It ain't safe down here, lass! What are you explorin' for anyway?"

The gnomes fold their arms together simultaneously, waiting for an answer.


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

"Hey Lilly? Can you tell them about the invasion of undead? It looks like the Redcaps were trying to harvest them bodies to join the legion. Good thing we got here in time." She winks.

"Tell them we're trying to stop the source of this. Ask if they've seen some kind of building hanging from the ceiling in the Maw. Or if they've seen a flaming axe recently."

"Oh man they are so cute I would hug them if I could"


F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

"Eh...the invasion...right."

I don't know if Lilly asked the others about it properly to be in the loop, but okay.

Undercommon:

"Nice to meet you. I am Lilly, the short one with the crossbow is Poe, the big scaly man is Yizzik, and the pretty lady behind me is Dawn.
There was also tales going about on the surface, and with the dwarves, of one of their dead champion defenders' ghost being unable to rest.
Her great weapon was stolen, and used to revive the corpses of her clan, and others, as evil undead minion troops. It was about an apprentice necromancer, i think it was called?"

"Zohir Totek, i think he was called, his master's hideout was at Phaedextrin's Maw. Do you know where that is?"

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The gnomes shoot each other a stern glance.

Undercommon:

"Zohir Totek. What a vile woman... Just her name sends anger shooting through my veins! Grr."

Their deliberations in an unfamiliar language continue, and then the begin to pack up their weapons. Both of them quaff what appears to be a healing potion.

Undercommon:

"Her lair is across the chasm. That big ol' tower hanging from the ceiling. See it?"

Notirim points across the massive chasm into the distance, where you see a strangely large stalactite dotted with holes from which light shines. He pulls out a map and shows you an X marked on it.

Undercommon:

"This is where it is. Now reachin' that place will be no easy feat. It's some several thousand feet from where we're standing. But I think we might be able ta help you. We gotta repay the favor for savin' our hides, so if ya come with us, we'll bring ya to our village. We don't have a lot, but we do have somewhere ta rest. And our elder might be able to help ya with gettin' to the tower, too."

The duo begin walking off south, opposite the chasm, and wave you to come along.

Do you follow them, or attempt a different way of reaching the tower?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

Lilly naturally wants to follow them, being the crazy mind she is.

<Wait, no no no, don't just follow the strange midgets!
Blondie, who knows what is going to happen if you do?>

I can't he~ar you, lalalala...


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

"Ah, where are they going?" Assuming Lilly tells her, Dawn's eyes light up. "Oh! We get to see their village? They are so cute I can hug all of them!" Dawn practically prances alongside them.

Perform(Dance): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Adequately.

She pauses for a moment. "Um, did you want to help Yizzik? Those scythe wounds aren't gonna heal themselves."


F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

"Sorry Yizzik :3", Lilly takes the purchased wand of CMW.
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 7) + 3 = 12
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 = 9
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10

43 healed, is that enough for you?


dwarf gunslinger (bolt ace) 6; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11; Defensive Abilities defensive training, nimble +2; HP 62/62; AC 20, touch 17, flat-footed 14; Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4

Poe will help Yizzik stand. "It'll 'ave ta do. Lets get going. These googly-eyed gnomes seem 'elpful 'nough"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Notirim and Vankamuth lead you south through a tunnel, then stop to push aside a set of fungus webs that served to conceal the entrance. Past the webs is a meager village of no more than sixty of the dark gnomes. Nearly every surface here is covered in fungus, illuminating the village in hues of blues, greens, and yellows. A gnome pushing a cart containing copper ore stops in place as he notices you, and whispers to a friend while sizing you up.

"Heard they stopped a few Redcaps from killing Notirim and Vankamuth. Also heard Vamberpack died in that fight. What good are they?"

The other villagers make a wide path as the duo lead you through, fearful of getting too close to any of you.

The two lead you into a larger tent where an old, bearded gnome sits, meditating. Notirim explains what had happened, yet it seems he already knows, and luckily, he also knows the common tongue.

"Travelers from the surface. You have my thanks for your assistance. I am Patamot, the oldest svirfneblin in Oremont. If you are after the necromancer, it seems our goals and yours may be aligned. Perhaps we can help each other out in that regard."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

The first day Dawn was able to forage on her own, she spent her time checking out each plant. She would smell flowers, climb trees, nibble on the nuts and hurl mushrooms. She also wrote a lot of notes to her journal, but returned emptyhanded. In the joy of exploring mindlessly, Dawn forgot to actually keep the food. She went hungry that night.

While walking through the Gnome village Dawn wanted to get lost again. Just staring at the mushrooms, figuring out which ones were edible, which ones hid insects, where animals made their home. Oh, and the gnomes themselves. So whimsical, so confused, always ready for a prank or two. She could hug each and every single one of them if she had the chance.

Dawn is absorbed in her own memory and whimsy, and almost dashes to pick a gnome up, only to hear a gnome mumble about her failure to save Vamberpack. "Two out of three isn't bad..." she mumbles. realizing she did fail to protect a life.

With the apparent leader, Dawn nods. "Thank you, Patamot. I'm Dawn, that's Lilly, Poe and Yizzik. That necromancer stole a very precious weapon and is using it to exact revenge against someone who killed his master. I think your village was dragged into this. Any help you can offer us would be appreciated."

Once the conversation with the leader ends, Dawn leaves, reaches town square and does what she does best- joke around.
"Now I know, I'm pretty tall, I can barely see the ground at my feet. I'm an elf, our heads are often in the clouds. I mean, when is the last time you've seen an elf look down? I bet we trip on more rocks than anyone else- and of course it's never our fault! Am I right, folks?"
Perform(Comedy): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Her attempts to relate to the common man sound more like she's stealthily complimenting Elven superiority.


Male Lizardfolk Male; Lawful Good; Fighter Lv 6; HP: 21/57; AC: 29 (Tch: 12|Flat: 27); CMB: 10 CMD: 22; F:8 R:5 W:5; Init: 4; Perc: +11; Speed: 30ft; Climb: 15; Active Condition: None

that's plenty

"Thanks my friend, still alive, just exhausted," he'd tell his dwarves friend after the little nudge, thankful to get a little help back onto his feet. He began to feel much better as Lily's magic wand did its trick, the large reptile stretching the soreness out of his muscles after their quick and sudden repair. The pain was still present, but was now more of an ache like after a long workout. "And thank you Lily...I owe you greatly..!

When the grouped followed to the village and met with their leader, he'd only bow in ready respect and keep quiet. His time with humans had taught him some about those leaders and he had learn non scalykin rulers craved respect from those that talked and silence from those who fought.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Patamot nods solemnly as Dawn explains the situation. "Our fight against the necromancers seems neverending. For years, our clan struggled desperately when Karexin moved into this region. My parents fought alongside Delbera Axebringer's adventuring band, the Rising Blades, but they too fell in the final battle. Even after Karexin was killed, Zohir Totek took hold of the lair, and now she has begun to raise was seems like an infinite army of undead. She's gone as far as trying to take over our mining operations and subjugate us, you see," he says with a long sigh.

"I believe she - Zohir - is still there now. She has not left the tower after returning a few days ago, and I believe she claimed two apprentices of her own - a forlarren woman, and some sort of sycophantic pech. Plus the fey and undead." He stands up, and goes to a corner of the tent where an old wooden box sits. He opens the lid and pulls out a handful of nymphs. "Here. If you're going to the tower, you'll need flight. There are huge, subterranean bats that you should be able to coax and mount. Feed them these and they will warm up to you quite quickly. Their stable is back at the edge of the cliff. Look for the large gong." He sits back down and nods. "And thank you. Should you need a place to rest, there's a cave at the back of the village that should provide safety for some time."

____

Back at the town square, Dawn's stand-up session is met with a tepid response. "Just what is she doing? Surface dwellers are so strange."

___

This concludes Chapter 2, but the experience gained won't be enough to level up, sorry! If you play PFS, please leave your PFS details in the Discussion tab and I'll provide you with a chronicle.


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|
GM Red wrote:
He stands up, and goes to a corner of the tent where an old wooden box sits. He opens the lid and pulls out a handful of nymphs.

Nymphs? I thought those were medium-sized fey, and grabbing them is the last thing you would do. Asking because Dawn's hometown's Foremother is a nymph.

"The forlarren woman has been taken care of, I think. You guys killed her, right?" She waits for confirmation. "I joined the team afterwards. Some hunter I am."

"We could certainly use the rest, thank you." Dawn bows. "Frankly, I could use more protection. If there are any merchants who sell protective equipment I would be much obliged."

Do we have a chance to buy an amulet of natural armor or a ring of protection?


dwarf gunslinger (bolt ace) 6; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11; Defensive Abilities defensive training, nimble +2; HP 62/62; AC 20, touch 17, flat-footed 14; Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4

Probably mean insect nymphs, which are basically insect superfoods


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

I learned something new today. Thanks Poe!

Dawn remembers one of her vocabulary lessons and saves herself from embarrassing questions.

"So Yizzik, Poe, Lilly. We haven't really gotten a chance to talk much. I kind of just popped up right before your friend Vingold died. I hope Hinata was able to give hhim last rights."

"Thanks for listening to me ramble on and make inappropriate jokes. It helps me focus, believe it or not. It's too easy to get lost and self-absorbed. Besides hunting Sarxa, getting outside and experiencing new things is a good chance to get away and calm myself. There's a lot of fey influence in the commune."

"So, what keeps you guys going? What inspires you to fight?"


F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

Indexfinger on herlower lip, accenting her wondering...

"Good inquiry. Post-inspecting the spirit presense down below, we just tagged along, isn't that right, Callum?"

(stares into thin air again)

<Ugh....if i still had a body, i swear i'd walk out on you, fruity, really i would.>

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Still inside Oremont, Dawn finds a small hovel that also functions as a shop. Inside, the shopkeep stands up from a chair and walks to the counter. "An amulet of natural armor? And what will you give me in return? You see, we've got no use for coins down here. Or gems. Perhaps we can come to a different sort of deal." He eyes Yizzik's backpack.

Basically, they don't care for gold pieces. You can trade an item or items for something up to 2,500 gp in value. There was a bunch of stuff found earlier if we look at the spreadsheet: maybe the kobold statues or some of the armor/weapons that will never be used. Anything that you're willing to part with.


dwarf gunslinger (bolt ace) 6; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11; Defensive Abilities defensive training, nimble +2; HP 62/62; AC 20, touch 17, flat-footed 14; Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4

I need repeating crossbow bolts. Starting to run low. :P I think I'd like to trade the kobold statues and see how many I can get.


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

"Barter? Now you're talking my style." Grabbing the backpack, Dawn squats on the ground and begins rifling through the goods, systematically.

"Okay, this stuff I remember us getting recently."
+1 Scale Mail (1100)
Mwrk Heavy Wooden Shield (78.5)
Mwrk Trident (157.5)

"I don't remember this stuff. This was before you fought Sarxa, right?"
Kobold Statues (330)
Mwrk Breastplate (175)
Mwrk Heavy Steel Shield (85)
+1 Warhammer (1156)
Adamantine Spiked Chain (1512.5)
+1 Light Crossbow (1167.5)

"No one wants that Warhammer? Huh, surprising." She hefts it for a bit, judging its weight. "It would hit a little harder than my own hammer, too." She shrugs.

"Anyway, that adds up to about 5762 gold pieces we can trade in. That's about 1440 gold per person. Does anyone have something they want to add or remove from the pot, here?"

D'oh! About 560 gold short...I could throw my longbow in, maybe...


F Human [Oracle 5/ Escapee 1] HP: 46/46, AC 16/15/12, CMB +7, CMD 20, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5 (+7 vs confusion, insanity & fear), Perception +8, Darkvision 60 feet, Speed 30, Init +5 WoS 47/50 WoCMW 38/50

Come to think of it, i'm not sure if i even used all my finances i got to make Lilly. XD

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The jade idol is worth 450gp. I - or the shopkeep - may not know the exact value of everything ;) This is your last opportunity to pick up weapons and supplies, so I won't split hairs over 500 gp.
Also, you've all rested and have your daily uses of everything back for the day.


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Dawn makes small chat, talks it over with the shopkeep, and manages to get her own Amulet of Natural Armor.

"Oo, I wonder how this will work out- scales of an armadillo? Carapace of a beetle?" She tries the amulet on and pokes at her skin. "Or the bark of a tree. That's fine, I guess." And so ends that mystery.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The shopkeep is surprised to see all of the equipment pour out of the bag of holding, but agrees that the trade is fair. He fetches the amulet for Dawn and a few hundred crossbow bolts for Poe.

With the bat food in your possession, you head back out towards Phaedextrin's Maw. Dark stone monoliths hang from above, concealing small forms darting between the stalactites. Carrying the smell of molds and fungi, the air is cool and dry as it blows through the great rift in the stone. Spores from the phosphorescent molds swirl in the air before falling deeper into the crevasse.

Karexin's Tower lies about half way across the maw. It's possible to climb across the ceiling 100 feet up, though difficult. You could also fly. Or, conveniently, just as the svirfneblin told you, something of a stable lies just ahead. A round structure of stacked logs and piled stone leads right up to the cliff's edge, and extends several thick spars twenty feet out into the darkness. A trivial bit of red bunting decorates the exterior. The air reeks of ammonia. A heavy, bronze gong rests near the cliff's edge. What will you do?


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

"Anyone objects to hitting the gong?" Dawn looks for a mallet to bash the gong with. Failing that, she uses her warhammer to gently tap the gong.


Male Lizardfolk Male; Lawful Good; Fighter Lv 6; HP: 21/57; AC: 29 (Tch: 12|Flat: 27); CMB: 10 CMD: 22; F:8 R:5 W:5; Init: 4; Perc: +11; Speed: 30ft; Climb: 15; Active Condition: None

"Thank you, Lady Dawn. Your help since our friends passing has been very welcome. Currently what keeps me fighting are the companions I've made here and keeping them alive, but there's always felt like more going on behind my destiny that I can't quite place," he'd reply to Dawn as she attempted their more formal meeting, offering the best he could at a smile which did seem rather strange for a creature with no lips. It was the best he could offer though.

The reptile watches and gestures for his new friend to hit the gong, interested to see if anything different would happen compared to the gongs of the surface world. He had never been around creatures that chose to live in the underdark nor anything fey like. To Yizzik, it was all so interesting. He looked forward for a place to actually rest though, digging his violin out of his pack so that he might find a place to play and entertain those he had met and traveled with soon.

Future Perform check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


dwarf gunslinger (bolt ace) 6; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11; Defensive Abilities defensive training, nimble +2; HP 62/62; AC 20, touch 17, flat-footed 14; Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4

"Nay, hit it." Poe says, making sure his repeating crossbow clips are all now loaded with a grin of satisfaction.


Issil Tanessen | HP 10/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | Saves: 1/2/2 | CMD 13 | Perception +0 | Init +3 Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 1 | Spells -/4|

"Bongs away. Hehe." I gotta remember that one. Dawn gently taps the gong with her hammer, making sure she doesn't crack the thing.

Perform: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Dawn doesn't find a mallet, so she slams her warhammer into the gong. As the steel meets the bronze, a defeaning sound rings out across the chasm, soon followed by the sound of chirping and the swooping of wings. Four enormous brown bats appear from the darkness, swoop down and perch on the side of the cliff. They crawl over towards the stables in search of food.


dwarf gunslinger (bolt ace) 6; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11; Defensive Abilities defensive training, nimble +2; HP 62/62; AC 20, touch 17, flat-footed 14; Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4

Poe hands out the nymphs to each of the party. "'ope we can ride em." he grumbles.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The mobats happily gobble up the nymphs, grunting at one another as they fight over the last few bits and pieces. Then, they bow their heads and await for you to mount them.

They aren't wearing saddles, but these bats are accustomed to all sorts of riders so you will not get a -5 to Ride checks. If you speak Undercommon, you get a +2 to Ride checks while on them.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,388 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Red's Down the Blighted Path - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.