GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Night March of Kalkamedes (Table A) (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Wherein a group of Pathfinder agents tackle somnambulism!

Night March (Table A)


251 to 300 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (OaV, Sacred Servant) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 20, FF: 19 TCH: 11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Immune to Fear & Disease | Init: +4 | Speed 30/20 | LoH 5/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: Reroll, Aura of Courage +4, Divine Symbol +1 LoH/day

Serge wheezes for air as he continues sprinting ahead. "I will be there in a moment! Back off, bandits, or be smitten!" He runs ahead, stopping just next to Luurg and then keeling over to catch his breath.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

"Oh. This is bad!" Malusha pauses for a second to try to take in the situation. He digs into his bag and finds a wand. He flicks it quickly and says a couple magical words. "Ok everyone. I just blessed all of us with Sarenrae's grace."

bless for everyone


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Marcel, the wooded area is difficult terrain which you can't 5 foot step through unless you have the Nimble Moves feat. For now I'll just assume that you held your position (because you're already in a wooded square and thus have the benefit of cover) and fired, then attempted to stealth.

Behind the Curtain:

Retroactive Perc. vs. Marcel's Stealth - Round 1; -20 for Sniping.
Red Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Blue Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13 Spots Marcel.
Orange Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Magenta Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Purple Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Green Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Perc. vs. Marcel's Stealth - Round 2; -20 for Sniping.
Red Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Blue Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Orange Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Magenta Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Purple Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Green Perc.: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Red CLW Potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Note: Red Potion Used, Purple Tanglefoot Bag used

As the bandits scramble for cover, Denair lashes out once more at Yellow and drops him where he stands! Meanwhile, the rest of the group continues to move forward; Serge and Luurg both come skidding to a stop next to Thunder and Yarricki while Malusha manages to catch up with Meredith. Seeing brave Thunder under attack and having had his intended target disposed of by Denair, Marcel swings his bow around and fires an arrow at Red. Unfortunately he isn't quite able to properly line up his shot this time and the arrow thuds harmlessly into a tree.

"Come on Thunder, let's show them how it's done!" YarrickiBot cries. Working in perfect sync, ThunderBot falls back a step and snaps at her attacker as YarrickiBot eyes her target's weak spots before bringing her lance to bear against him...

Thunder vs. Red (Bite): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Yarricki vs. Red (Lance; Power Attack, Studied Target, Higher Ground): 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 11

While ThunderBot's beak once again snaps only air, YarrickiBot's lance sinks deeply into Red's side as blood spurts wildly! With a groan, Red ducks further into the woods and those close by catch a glimpse of him pulling something out of a small pouch and ingesting it. He then utters a shrill whistle and you catch glimpses of most of the remaining bandits as they duck further into the undergrowth, as if responding to a signal.

Purple Tanglefoot Bag vs. Thunder (Ranged Touch): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3

And to everyone's surprise, a small bag suddenly comes hurtling from the clump of trees immediately north of Thunder but falls well short of the big bird and bursts harmlessly on the ground, splattering a tar-like substance on the nearby trees.
_______

Round 2/Round 3

Marcel
Yarricki + Thunder (-7)
Meredith (Longarm)
Luurg
Serge

=======
Bandits (Red -6)
=======
Denair
Malusha

Active Conditions: None

Everyone is UP!
_______

I should have figured out a way to make this clearer but when combat officially started, but everyone except Denair and Marcel weren't at the edge of the map but 50-60 feet back from where the map edge starts. This means that Malusha wouldn't have been at the position he was for his post so I modified it a bit to assume that he would run to catch up with everyone (putting him at his current position). If you still want to use your wand, it'll happen on this turn and actually get all of your allies instead of just yourself :)

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

"Come on Surge mang, runnin gud fer you, better wind!" He goads as he pulls a small pineapple from his belt, tearing a large chunk out of it with his teeth and chewing briefly before swallowing it down. You can almost see a faint glowly pineapple hovering in front of him for a moment after he does so.

"Time ta kick some Teevin' butts! Woo!" He cheers, ready to have some real fun. Shield Extract, 4mins

He then moves out in the middle of the path, drawing his leafy spear as he does so, eyeing the woods with his beedy eyes. "Luurg sees you... Luurg see real gud in da dark!"

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Denair (Unfettered 1 hour)| HP 51/51 | Spells -/4/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith moves up and pulls out a scroll. "Hiding in the woods, eh? It won't slow me down."

Pulling out my scroll of Feather Step. Always be prepared!


| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 22 T 16 FF 18 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15 (Unfettered, Mage Armor 1 hour)

Denair turns with Meredith to help her flush out the thieves. She spots one with a Red bandana and reaches out to hit him.

I'm not sure if Red has cover. If he doesn't, add +4 to this attack roll.

Slam: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
It probably won't matter with that roll! Man, Denair's on fire with these attack rolls.

Liberty's Edge

AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

With allies now close, Marcel attempts to move and the realizes how tough it would be stay silent in the scrub brush under the trees. Distracted, he isn't able to draw a bead on the fleeing highwayman as he takes cover on the opposite side of the path and his third arrow sail wide of the bandit.

Non-plussed by the developments, Marcel nocks another arrow to his longbow and shoots at the closest target that he can see.

Marcel's going to try to shoot the one that Denair just hit (Red). If Denair finished it off already, his target will be the next closest one that he can see.

"You are overmatched!" he yells toward the group's attackers. "Give up now or share the fate of your friends!"

Marcel's longbow: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Human Paladin (OaV, Sacred Servant) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 20, FF: 19 TCH: 11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Immune to Fear & Disease | Init: +4 | Speed 30/20 | LoH 5/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: Reroll, Aura of Courage +4, Divine Symbol +1 LoH/day

"With me, Gamin!" Serge shouts, diving into the trees towards the bandit with the red lipstick. "You there, flee this place or be struck down by the might of a talking sword!"

Broken allying sword: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 = 81d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 = 10

Whiffing his attack, Serge grunts and holds the sword up. "Gamin, inspire Luurg's aim with your words of power!"

Serge will use the allying condition to transfer +1 of the +2 equivalent bonus to Luurg's next attack with his spear.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Now up in the thick of the fray and ready to rumble, Luurg and Meredith power themselves up as they prepare to dive into the underbrush after the bandits. Denair circles around the trees and despite the cover provided by them, manage to strike Red another powerful blow that undoes all the healing that his potion just provided. Working in tandem, Marcus takes aim where Denair struck and fires another shot - *THUNK*! An audible thud can be heard as Red collapses to the ground, dead!

Having his intended target finished off by Marcus, Serge instead turns his attention to the Blue bandit that stands gaping with fear at his fallen comrade. He calls on Gamin's unique power to help bolster Luurg's spear and then swings the broken sword at Blue, who ducks under it with a fearful yelp!

"Here now lad, ain't ye ever held a proper sword before? Those oversized thumbtacks them nobles call rapiers dinna count! Ye gotta swin' from tha hip, everyone kens that!" Gamin bellows. As he does, Serge feels a strange sensation come over him as if the sword's words actually have some weight to them.

Serge, you are now under the effects of a Guidance spell! Also, you need to make use of the Allying property before you make your attack but I let it slide this time since I've honestly never encountered it myself until prepping this scenario.
_______

Round 2/Round 3

Marcel
Yarricki + Thunder (-7)
Meredith (Feather Step, Longarm)
Luurg (Shield)
Serge (Guidance)
=======
Bandits
=======
Denair
Malusha

Active Conditions: None

Malusha and Yarricki + Thunder are UP!
_______

I'll give Malusha's player a little longer to chime in if he wants to do something different, otherwise I'll bot him and Yarricki and then bring us around to another round of actions. With Christmas Eve & Christmas basically here, posting will be optional for the next couple of days - I'll look to resume normal operations on the 26th :)

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha continues to move closer to the combat. The area that is effected by his bless is large but he doesn't want to leave any room for error. Once he's assured himself that everyone is close enough he waves the wand with a quick motion and says the required words. A wave of bless flashes out from him, covering all of his allies.

bless for everyone


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Malusha quickly positions himself amidst his companions and waves his wand in an arc through the air, blessing their efforts against the wily bandits. Meanwhile, deciding that Serge and the others can handle Blue, Yarricki urges Thunder closer to Purple lurking amongst the nearby trees. Axebeak and gnome strike out in tandem...

Thunder vs. Purple (Bite; Bless): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Yarricki vs. Purple (Lance; Power Attack, Studied Target, Higher Ground, Bless): 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 10

Yarricki Crit?: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 10 + 6 + 2 = 24

...and while Thunder's sharp beak misses the mark, Yarricki drives her lance through the heart of the Purple bandit with enough force to pin him to a nearby tree!

Whether from sheer bullheadedness or simple stupidity, the remaining bandits don't seem inclined to give up the attack. Green and Magenta step out of the treeline to flank Luurg...

Green vs. Luurg (MW Sickle): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Magenta vs. Luurg (MW Sickle; Flanking): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Precision Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

...and though Green's sickle sails harmlessly past the half-orc's face, luck favors Magenta and he leaves a sizable slash in the alchemist's arm! Blue takes a swing at Serge as well...

Blue vs. Serge (MW Sickle): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

...and connects, leaving a nasty cut on the paladin's leg, before quickly falling back a pace. Orange also decides to try and carve a pound of flesh from Luurg, stepping out of the trees to strike...

Orange vs. Luurg (MW Sickle): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

...and comes close, but garners no cigar for his efforts!
_______

Round 3/Round 4

Marcel
Yarricki + Thunder (-7)
Meredith (Feather Step, Longarm)
Luurg (-13, Shield)
Serge (-9, Guidance)

=======
Bandits
=======
Denair
Malusha

Active Conditions: Bless

Everyone is UP!

Liberty's Edge

Denair (Unfettered 1 hour)| HP 51/51 | Spells -/4/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith reads from her scroll, and she gains a brief burst of agility. Skipping through one of the bushes, she calls out to Denair. "Flank the Blue guy in the woods, Denair! Let's practice that precise strike maneuever!"

UMD, DC 22: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Reading the scroll of Feather Step on myself and moving into position. Meredith threatens 10 and 15 ft with her longspear. She will use a swift action to use Arcane Strike on her spear in case someone provokes an AoO.

AoO:

Masterwork Longspear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Arcane Strike, Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 22 T 16 FF 18 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15 (Unfettered, Mage Armor 1 hour)

Denair, meanwhile struggles to walk through the shrubs and the woods. It's a bit frustrating to snag her legs and feet on the roots. But she does as she's told and flanks with the Blue guy. She feints, flails, checks over his shoulder to Meredith, who is lunging away with her longspear.

Finally, the moment presents itself. It's time for Precise Strike!
I drew a line to show how Meredith and Denair are flanking Blue. Denair is right next to Blue, so I assume no cover.

Slam, Flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Precise Strike: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Denair opts for a simple bop on the head.

Liberty's Edge

AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

Marcel shakes his head at the determination of the highwaymen in fighting on, yet the gesture earns a token of respect from the ranger.

I really wish they'd surrendered or fled. It's either us or them he thought to himself as he saw Luurg being surrounded by more robbers, one of them inflicting a nasty gash wound in the alchemist's arm. Drawing another arrow, he aimed and fired at the robber on his companion's left.

Marcel is shooting an arrow at the green bandit

Marcel's longbow: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg watches as the bandit slashes his arm and he shakes his head in response "Dat not nice mang! Luurg too strong fer yer swordz. Gib up ok?" The wound on his arm slowly begins to close up, the blood stopping from oozing from the wound and a scab beginning to form. Use 5pts of healing from his Spontaneous Healing Discovery.

He stabs his leafy spear out at the green bandit Spear, 2H + Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 221d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 "Quiet now you teef. Deez apples mine mang." He then takes a step back towards his allies.

Spontaneous Healing:

Spontaneous Healing (Ex): The alchemist gains the ability to heal from wounds rapidly. As a free action once per round, he can heal 5 hit points as if he had the fast healing ability. He can heal 5 hit points per day in this manner for every 2 alchemist levels he possesses. If the alchemist falls unconscious because of hit point damage and he still has healing available from this ability, the ability activates automatically each round until he is conscious again or the ability is depleted for the day.

Liberty's Edge

Denair (Unfettered 1 hour)| HP 51/51 | Spells -/4/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Add +1 to Meredith and Denair's attacks due to bless. I keep forgetting.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha pulls out his crossbow and cranks back the string, pulling the lathes into a tension filled curve. He places a bolt into the channel. Thunder and Yarricki are blocking his view for a clear shot to one of the bandits so he steps to the side and raises the crossbow for a shot.

Move action to wield the crossbow then another to load it.

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (OaV, Sacred Servant) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 20, FF: 19 TCH: 11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Immune to Fear & Disease | Init: +4 | Speed 30/20 | LoH 5/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: Reroll, Aura of Courage +4, Divine Symbol +1 LoH/day

Serge grunts as blood pours from the wound, then regains his footing - and his determination. "Foul bandit, do you think you stand to take down Ragathiel's faithful servant? Fall to your knees and beg for mercy, or be struck down by the might of a paladin... and his talking blade!"

Use allying to give Luurg +1 again, hope I'm understanding this correctly!

Gamin, bless, guidance, +1 bonus transferred to Luurg, PA, broken: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 = 211d8 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 6


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Meredith and Denair work together to execute a tried-and-true fighting technique, making use of the summoner's extra-long noodle arms and Denair's sharp teeth to flank Blue. Denair rears back and gives Blue the mightiest of *BOOPS* on the head and Serge follows it up with a surprisingly-effective slash along his ribcage with the hooting and hollering Gamin.

"Oh ye're in for it now, ye yellow-bellied cowards! Gamin's got his first taste of blood and it's tastin' mighty sweet!"

It turns out that Luurg and Marcel also make an effective duo; largely undeterred by his wounds, Luurg uses his knowledge of secret fruit-based alchemy to immediately mend some of the damage before driving his spear deep into Green's belly! Almost immediately after another *PTWANG* is heard and Green finds himself with an arrow sticking out of his ribs as well. Malusha seems ready to continue that trend too, as he draws and readies his crossbow.

With quarters becoming a bit cramped, Yarricki urges Thunder to maneuver just a step to the northeast and then snap at the profusely-bleeding Green...

Thunder vs. Green (Bite): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

...and the axe beak's sharp beak rips into Green, finishing him off for good!

Finally realizing that things really aren't going too smoothly for them, Magenta calls out, "Dammit to Hell, this ain't worth my life! I'm gettin' outta here!" and withdraws quickly towards the south. "E's right, sod this! I'm out!" agrees Orange as he too turns and plunges into the treeline after his companion.

That just leaves poor injured Blue, currently stuck between a rock and a hard place and very nearly out of luck to boot. He flaps his arms comically for a moment before turning and attempting to flee after his friends.

Blue, Magenta, and Orange all withdraw towards the southern edge of the map. Denair, I tried to mark Blue's path since I believe he'll still provoke an AoO from you, should you wish to take it.
_______

Round 4/Round 5

Marcel
Yarricki + Thunder (-7)
Meredith (Feather Step, Longarm)
Luurg (-8, Shield)
Serge (-9, Guidance)

=======
Bandits (Blue -18)
=======
Denair
Malusha

Active Conditions: Bless

Everyone is UP!
_______

You've got them in full withdraw mode now, so up to you guys if you want to give chase or let them flee :)

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg watches the Teeves run off into the trees, tails between their legs (if they actually had tails), he laughs a bit "Well, dats dat. Good eye balls up dare Denair n Marcel. Saved us some pokes n cuts from dem fer sure!" He sinks his leafy spear into the ground and pulls out a crooked wooden stick, tapping it lightly into his partially healed wound.

Wand of Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 "Apples yum yum!" He says aloud and his cut fully heals over. "Anyone else need sum apples yum yum?"

If not he yanks his spear from the earth and hustles back to check on Kalkamedes.


| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 22 T 16 FF 18 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15 (Unfettered, Mage Armor 1 hour)

Denair watches the Blue thief flee. "See? I told you this was a silly idea!" She starts to head towards Meredith, but the thick foliage slows her down. "Come on, don't you recognize me? Why is this happening to me?"

Meredith, still under the effect of the spell, draws her longspear and begins the chase. "Come back here, you cowards! You started the fight, and now I'm gonna end it! Come on, Denair, let's go!"

Denair plants her huge feet in the ground with a simple. "No. They have lost. They flee. We are safe. We won." Meredith stops and glares at Denair. Unfazed, she continues. "We fight to survive, protect the skulk, and we fight to hunt meat. So unless you're planning to eat them, we should make sure Kalkamedes is unharmed." Without waiting for a response, Denair returns to the tree Kalkamades was tied to.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha lowers his crossbow and unloads the bolt as the remaining bandits flee into the trees. He moves up to where the melee combat had been happening. Three dead bandits lay on the ground. red, purple, green, right? "I guess we should search these. I think they are just opportunistic bandits but maybe they are tied to Kalkamedes in some way."

Malusha searches the pockets and belongings of the dead bandits.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Denair (Unfettered 1 hour)| HP 51/51 | Spells -/4/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith sees the bandits the same way as the marauders who destroyed her hometown - vicious, bloodthirsty, relentless. They don't deserve mercy. They attacked her, and they deserve to die for that. Her village's elder came to them unarmed, begged them for mercy and they cut his head off in response. Well, she's going to cut off their heads so the whole world can see-

"No."

Denair's response catches her off guard. Are you disobeying me? Meredith is about to yell when Denair calmly explains the situation and turns back.

...she's right. What good is killing them gonna do, anyway? Will every bandit stop as soon as I kill one? No. Meredith, you have to do better than this.

She turns back towards Kalkamedes and catches up to Denair. "S...sorry. I got caught in the heat of the moment. You know how I get stubborn."

Liberty's Edge

AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

"Thank you, Luurg," Marcel replies as he steps out of the trees. "They were waiting to jump us. The ones that are running now know how it feels to be ambushed," he stated dryly. Seeing Denair, Luurg, and Meredith moving back in the direction they came from to check on Kalkamedes, Marcel moves up to where Malusha is searching through the downed bandit's belongings.

He looks around, seeing if he can find the one arrow that missed its mark.

Arrow Search: 1d100 ⇒ 6

Spotting the telltale red fletching sticking from the leaves of a snowball bush, Marcel plucks it out, checks it and returns it to his quiver, satisfied it can be reused. He then moves to each fallen foe, checking to see if any are still alive.

Marcel is going to attempt to stabilize any bandits that aren't dead. There may be some that are dead, but there will be a Heal check for each one, just in case.

Heal (Red): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Heal (Cyan): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Heal (Purple): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Heal (Green): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Heal (Yellow): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

As Marcel does this, he's going to be taking any arrows off the bandits if they have any.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Behind the Curtain:

1=Alive, 2=Dead
Red: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Yellow: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Green: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Purple: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Cyan: 1d2 ⇒ 2

With the threat of the bandits gone, the group quickly returns to check on Kalkamedes and finds him still leashed to the tree that Luurg left him at.

"Whew...good ta see he's still alive an' kickin'!" Gamin says with a sigh of relief.

With the assurance that Kalkamedes won't be able to break free from the tree, a few of you set about the task of searching the five bandits you managed to drop and Marcel works to stabilize the ones still alive. Of the five, Red, Yellow, and Cyan are beyond help but Green and Purple still draw breath and Marcel quickly manages to stop their bleeding.

Loot:

Cure Light Wounds Potion x4
Tanglefoot Bag x4
Leather Armor x5
Heavy Crossbow x5
Bolts (20) x5
Masterwork Sap x5
Masterwork Sickle x5

At one point as Serge passes close by to Meredith, Gamin quietly says, "Ye ken, lass, it's a strong person what ken give mercy ta someone or someones they ain't keen on. It'll pay off for ye one day when ye least 'spect it."

The Exchange

Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

"Ha! He's still here, gud rope tyin I'd say." Luurg chuckles as he watches the sleep walker tug on his leash, the tree gently rustling its leaves as it shakes.

"Just gimme the tumbs up n I'll let dis fella go!"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Human Paladin (OaV, Sacred Servant) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 20, FF: 19 TCH: 11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Immune to Fear & Disease | Init: +4 | Speed 30/20 | LoH 5/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: Reroll, Aura of Courage +4, Divine Symbol +1 LoH/day

Serge nods as the party agrees to either let the bandits flee, or tend to their wounds. "How very righteous of you, Marcel. There is no need for unnecessary slaughter. Let us leave these bandits' fate to the courts!" He tears off a shred of cloth from each of their shirts to form a sort of makeshift manacle, and ties their wrists behind their backs, grinning. "Let's see how tough they are now, shall we?"

After that's done, Serge assesses the situation. "I think it fair to call this attack opportunistic. We haven't found anything on their bodies to indicate otherwise. I suppose they were hoping for some easy targets. Luckily, we do not fall into that category." He twirls Gamin in his hand now, tosses the blade up and catches it by the hilt. "Eh, Gamin?"

Liberty's Edge

Denair (Unfettered 1 hour)| HP 51/51 | Spells -/4/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith nods, slowly. "Yeah. Sorry. I have an anger problem. Denair usually reminds me to calm down. Sorry." She pets Denair, who grins happily.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

With two of the bandits unconscious but stable, Serge quickly gets to work binding their wrists so they can't escape or try anything else funny once they eventually come to. Gamin utters a hearty laugh as the paladin twirls him through the air in jaunty, celebratory manner.

"Aye! It's hard ta remember fer sure but I be thinkin' thar's a road somewhere a lot further south from here. Might be they were headin' that way ta set up an' just happened ta hear us comin' - leastways that makes sense ta me, nae sure about tha rest of ye!"
________

Going to give things a bit longer for folks to chime in on what exactly to do with your two prisoners and such before I move you forward again!

The Exchange

Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

"Pridners? Just tie 'em up and leab em be. Dey get away sumtime when we gone. Be sure to take dare stuff, you fight n lose den you gib up da lootz!"

Liberty's Edge

AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

"I agree with Luurg on this," Marcel chimes in. "I'd take them to the nearest town and turn them in. But we don't have time," he adds, glancing knowingly at Kalkamedes. "Helping Kalkamedes is our mission. Tie the robbers to a tree and leave them for now. They would be helpless, but they might escape, either on their own or if their partners grow spines and come back. If we succeed and they're still here on the way back, we can bury the dead ones and hand these two over to the local authorities."

Not having found any arrows, Marcel does take note of the potions that the highwayman were carrying. "Serge, you and Luurg look like you could use one of these. Thunder, too," he adds as he notices an absence of feathers and an ugly cut in their place on the axebeak. "These bandits won't be needing them."

Liberty's Edge

Denair (Unfettered 1 hour)| HP 51/51 | Spells -/4/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

"Yeah, let the bandits' potions heal Serge and Thunder's wounds, then let's get out of here." Meredith agrees with the party idea. "If the bandits are resourceful, they've learn their lesson anyway. Don't mess with predators."

The Exchange

Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg looks up to Marcel disappointedly "Oops, already fixed meself up wid my apple stick. You guys use em!"

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (OaV, Sacred Servant) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 20, FF: 19 TCH: 11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Immune to Fear & Disease | Init: +4 | Speed 30/20 | LoH 5/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: Reroll, Aura of Courage +4, Divine Symbol +1 LoH/day

Serge mulls it over relatively quickly. "Very well. We will leave them here for now and return to bring them into the authorities later." He twists the cap off one of the potions and begins to sip on it.

CLW Potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Serge's wounds close up entirely, and he stretches his arms out luxuriously in relief. "Much better. Well then, let's unleash Kalkamedes and see where he takes us now, shall we?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha looks through the gathered items. "I don't think I've ever used one of these bags," he says as he picks up one of the tangle foot bags. "If you don't mind, I'll take one to try out. And also the extra bolts." He puts one of the tangle foot bags in his bag of holding and picks up the bolts.

"I'm ready to keep moving. Once we tie those guys to a tree, that is."


"I'll need some rope, but I can get them secured to this tree here," Marcel says, pulling one of the bandits over to a nearby spruce tree. "We do that, and then Luurg can turn Kalkamedes loose."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Denair (Unfettered 1 hour)| HP 51/51 | Spells -/4/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith hands Marcel a length of rope. "This should do. Make sure it's nice and tight, so they can feel it." She grins. No blood spilled, but I am going to enjoy thinking about them tied up.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Having decided to leave the two remaining bandits unconscious and secured to the nearby spruce tree, you all make ready to turn Kalkamedes loose once again. Yarricki takes one of the recovered healing potions and carefully tips it into Thunder's open beak.

CLW Potion (Thunder): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The axebeak makes a contented crooning sound as her wound mends and completely closes over.

"Okay! Now we're ready," the gnome replies cheerfully.
_______

After unleashing Kalkamedes the sleepwalker continues on his trek towards the unknown, continuing to journey north and then eventually gravitating northwest. He keeps his course for another two hours and you begin to feel a sense of worry, for the hour is late and you've yet to discover anything about where Kalkamedes is heading or why.

Just when you begin to wonder if you'll be forced to make camp for the day ahead, you come to the top of a small rise and see a valley stretching before you. The light of the sinking moon washes the sub-alpine valley in silvery light. A squat, stone bunker crafted of dark rock sits nestled among the low trees, it's domed roof barely peeking out from above the leafy canopy. As a cloud passes over the moon, the entire structure seems to fade from view, leaving a momentary void before the moon's light again illuminates it. Only a single, solitary entryway mars the smooth, windowless facade of the lone building. Though none of you have ever been to this place, you all instantly recognize it - this structure is the same as the one from the charred drawing you found in Kalkamedes' stove.

Liberty's Edge

Denair (Unfettered 1 hour)| HP 51/51 | Spells -/4/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith will take a Masterwork Sickle from the bandits, btw.

Meredith looks at the bunker. "This is it...whatever Kalkamedes was looking for." She prepares her longspear. "Get ready..."

Meredith will cast Shield to protect herself for 3 minutes.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

"Oooo Looky dare! Dat ting from da ting in da house! I'mma tinkin we be gettin close mang! When we be gettin closer I gotta take a few secs to get ready... someting is gonna go down and Luurg's gotta be tip top!" Luurg takes a good hold of the rope as Kalkamedes leads them closer to the sneaky building.

Before we get right up close, but within a minute's walk, Luurg is going to prep himself, consuming his mutagen (40mins) and alchemical allocation/heroism (50mins).

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Yes, lets get ready" Yarricki says. She casts a spell and Thunder's feathers seem to turn into wood.

Barkskin


| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 22 T 16 FF 18 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15 (Unfettered, Mage Armor 1 hour)

Denair scampers back to warn the party of the strange building. Meredith takes this opportunity to use the wand of Mage Armor on her, as a transparent field of leaves form around the fae.

Liberty's Edge

AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

Marcel watches Meredith, Luurg, and Yarricki make their preparations for whatever might lie ahead. Not having anything he can really do in a similar vein, he goes with the practical approach. "Time to earn our keep," he comments to no one in particular. Slowly nocking an arrow to his bow, he moves ahead silently toward the one entryway he can see into the stone structure, keeping a close eye out for danger.

Marcel is going to quietly approach the entrance, keeping an eye open for monsters, traps, activity or anything unusual.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

All apologies for a couple of posts under my regular Paizo handle. Wish I knew how to fix it.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha comes over the small rise and immediately spots the small stone structure. "That's just like the picture," he says without thinking. When a cloud covers the moon, and the building is no longer visible, he looks perplexed. "Did the building disappear when out of moonlight? Or is it just so dark that we can't see it?"

Am I close enough for detect magic, if so, I'll cast it towards the building.

Silver Crusade

LG Human Paladin (OaV, Sacred Servant) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 20, FF: 19 TCH: 11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Immune to Fear & Disease | Init: +4 | Speed 30/20 | LoH 5/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: Reroll, Aura of Courage +4, Divine Symbol +1 LoH/day

"Gamin, whatever lies ahead may pose danger greater than I wish to have you risk dealing with," Serge says, sheathing the broken longsword. "I'm afraid this mundane sword may be more powerful, though not nearly as interesting or helpful. Please, don't take it personally." He draws his two-handed greatsword and holds it ahead, moving to the front of the group.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Gamin chuckles wryly. "Not a problem, lad. I can handle meself but at the same time I 'preciate you wanting to be careful not just with my man Kalk but his belongings too. I'll be right here iffin' ye change yer mind."

While most of the rest of the group take a moment to prepare themselves for whatever might lie beyond, Marcel stealthily creeps towards the single entrance that he can see. As he approaches, he can see that a ten-foot wide stone archway, its keystone inscribed with a seven-pointed star wreathed in ancient markings, offers ingress into an unlit corridor built of cut stone blocks. Weathered script snakes its way up and down each side of the entrance.

DC 20 Linguistics *or* Thassilonian:

The words written above the entrance read:

'Enter the Black Edifice, locus of the Thrallkeepers, servants of the Runelord of Sloth.'

Marcus also notes that there are paw prints of dried mud that mark the passage of a variety of wildlife into and out of the structure. As Malusha edges a little closer and scans the area for magical auras, his intuition is rewarded when the entire face of the structure lights up. He reads a powerful illusion aura and surmises that this place has been enchanted to be invisible by day and only visible at night by the direct light of the moon.
_______

No worries Marcel! When you go to post, be sure to look under the bottom to see which 'alias' you're about to post as. Sometimes it'll switch back to your main alias instead of your PC alias when you're not looking!


| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 22 T 16 FF 18 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15 (Unfettered, Mage Armor 1 hour)

Denair creeps back up to Marcel. "Do you see anything in there? Uh...besides the writing?"
Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Liberty's Edge

AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

Marcel looks in but doesn't see anything immediately threatening as far as he can tell. "No," he uttered to Denair. "But that doesn't mean that there's nothing in there. Look here," he said, pointing to the dried paw prints on the ground. "Animal tracks."

Marcel looks at the writing. It's written in something that he can't read or understand. "You don't happen to know what that means, do you?"

Marcel looks back down at the paw prints and studies them, hoping to determine how long the tracks have been there and what made them.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Marcel studies the tracks for several moments in an attempt to determine what sorts of animals have come and gone through the structure recently. He quickly determines that the tracks seem to be of varying ages and belong to a variety of animals: foxes, skunks, deer, mountain lions, and even bears.

Denair, thanks to her darkvision, can see further into the entryway and notes that the hallway seems to run about 10 feet before making a right turn. Luckily, there aren't any foes - or even animals - that she can see.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Lets enter" Yarricki says while she leads Thunder inside, after casting light on her shield.

251 to 300 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Night March of Kalkamedes (Table A) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.