GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Night March of Kalkamedes (Table A) (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Wherein a group of Pathfinder agents tackle somnambulism!

Night March (Table A)


1 to 50 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–5.

A veteran Pathfinder exploring the Fenwall Mountains of Varisia has begun sleepwalking, traveling through the dead of night in the same direction each time. The following mornings, however, he awakens injured and lost in the wilderness, never reaching the mysterious destination that drew him from his bed in the night. Something is calling Kalkamedes, something powerful, but unless he can make it safely to the source of his somnambulism, that power will remain a mystery. It falls to a team of Pathfinders to escort the sleepwalker to his destination and uncover the true nature of the strange phenomenon overtaking Kalkamedes's dreams.
_______

Coming Soon to a Forum Near You!

Liberty's Edge

Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith winces as some leaves hit the three roses planted in her hair. It's a strange sensation, one she's still not used to. But the roses bloom as soon as Denair shows up, so it's not all bad.

Outside the lodge, Meredith wonders where the other Pathfinders are. And where is Denair, anyway?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15

Denair has grown even more fur over her bark, yet three roses bloom between her ears. She has enjoyed regaining her ability to climb up trees and climb up walls- they make great hiding spots.

Meredith seems to be more relaxed when talking to Denair about her life, and that anger has refined into solid determination. Inspired by the Guardian's words, Denair has also felt ready to protect Meredith at all costs. She is the future, after all.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Denair carefully crawls up to Meredith, holding the stick she threw. I thought she wanted me to retrieve it or something.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg, the ever overstuffed and jolly Orc runs down the street towards the meeting place written on the note I hope I didn't miss anything!

His considerable bulk now restrained valiantly by a dirty breastplate, which to be honest, seems to be made with some thoughtful engineering towards his ample abdomen. His overloaded backpack slung over both thick shoulders with all manner of camping and outdoor gear to be seen bouncing as he runs down the cobbled streets. A freshly cut spear the length of a man held tightly in one hand and a half coconut cup in the other.

Across his chest are a series of bandoleers stuffed with all manner of vials and what seem to be apples, oranges and bananas? His belt looks similar, but added into the mix are a pineapple and a whole slew of coconuts. Looking down even further you notice his feet are bare, with short, fat toes gripping the cobble as he runs.

Seeing Meredith he slows down from a gallop to a canter, takes a deep draw from his cup and asks "Which way to dat Night March job? Sumbudy said dey needed Luurg da expert guide, pay's gud dey said!" His breathing remarkably even and relaxed for someone of his stature coming off a straight up run.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

"Huh?" Meredith barely noticed the half-orc lumbering up to her. "Wh-what did you say? This is for Pathfinder Society members, sorry-"

Denair's nose starts sniffing around Luurg. "Hey boss! Coconuts and Pineapples and... I smell strawberries. Oh, and he has that wayfinder thing." Denair hands Meredith the stick she threw.

Meredith is startled yet again. "Jeez Denair, don't sneak up on me like that." Meredith takes the stick, wonders where it came from, and tosses it away before facing Luurg again. "You're a Pathfinder? Sorry about that. We're supposed to meet up somewhere around here, but Denair and I are a bit early. She's... um... where did she go? Well, she's around here. I'm Meredith, good to meet you." She offers to shake his hand.

"You a farmer? Or do you just like fruit?" Meredith looks at him, curious. "It must be hard growing coconuts out here... are you from Mwangi?"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg smiles at Denair as she sniffs him over, he responds in kind by sniffing her right back "Hey dare... you... Denair?" He gives a puzzled look at the creature with fur and.. bark? "Yup, lots of tasty fruits I've got, want sum?"

He watches Denair run off before turning back to Meredith "Yup, I'm Luurg, real gud Pathfinder guy!" He grabs her hand and shakes it firmly, so firmly in fact that they kind of stick together a bit. He smiles as they pull apart with a bit of extra effort.

"A farmer? Me? No no, Luurg a picker of fruit! I tink it far better sum'one else does da growin' den I gut more time fer da pickin n eatin!" He rubs his belly slowly, pulling out a pair of apples to share. "Deez 'nuts here" He lifts up a pair of fuzzy coconuts "Deez nuts dey not from 'round here. I trade wid nice guy dat ships dem up from Jal'mray wid sum udder gud fruits I found down dare on one trip fer Bossmen. Real gud guy, named Tonkae. I help wid stuff he needs, trade stuff, do stuff under boat dat needs doin..."

Sense Motive DC8:
Luurg's fruit 'acquisition' doesn't sound 100% above board.

"Mwangi? Me? Nope. Luurg from 'round here. Been 'round here long as I 'member, I live out in da swamp where its nicer den here. Paths here made my toes hurt." He says and looks down at his bare feet, wiggling his toes, that do indeed look a bit scuffed up.

"Whatcha do here wid... Denair?" He says, looking off into the bushes Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 and looking, and looking "She gud hider. What is she anywho? Funny skin under dat furriness. Kinda look like orange tree bark..."


| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15

"Oh, hi! I'm Denair. I hang out with the Boss." She points to Meredith with a wooden hand. Without a moment's hesitation, she goes off to grab the stick Meredith threw. Is the boss playing games with me or what?"

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

She grabs the stick and tries to crawl back up, only to notice Luurg catch a brief glimpse of her. She shrugs and skips back. "You keep losing this stick, boss. What do you want to do with it?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Yaay, he likes to harvest! Denair grins, exposing her wooden teeth and leafy tongue.

Liberty's Edge

Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

"Huh, I see." Meredith keeps talking to Luurg. Something about how he explains how he got his fruit intrigues her.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Luurg can see Meredith give an accusatory glare. "You got these coconuts fair and square?" Only for Denair to interrupt her with the same stick she tried to throw away.

She grunts, slightly annoyed. "Fine, I'll hold onto it. What was I talking about again?" Meredith watches Denair smile at the half-orc. "Well, everyone works hard and gets paid in one way or another. Some field owners are glad when I'm around. Between Denair, the Unseen Servant and myself I get 3 times the work done for the price of one." She pets Denair's fur, careful not to hit the roses.

"Denair here is somewhere between a fox and an oak tree. Technically she's fey, but I don't know the details of that, you'll have to ask Denair for specifics."

The Exchange

Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

"Deez nuts? Ya ya, we trade back n forth for dem. He gimme fruits, I gibb'em work. I can hold breath very long time, real gud fer workin on boats dat still under water. Sumtimes dey have Luurg help get stuff off boats dat sank too, now dats FUN! Dey gimme a big heavy bag dat holds wicked lotta stuff, you can put so much stuff in dare it crazy! Fill it up wid stuff and bring back, gimme all dem coconuts and pineapples n kiwi's n oranges n naners I want!"

Luurg's smile turns into a full on giant grin when she mentions working in harvesting "You guys sound like a great team! But why you work for one pay when you good nuff fer at least 2 pays? Denair not want her pays?"

He looks at the fey a bit closer K Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 "Oh! You's a tree ghost! An oak tree ghost mixed wid a fox?" He leans down closer to Denair "So umm... how dat work... ya know... parents n stuff..." He whispers as he raises his eyebrows suggestively as he scratches his stomach in thought.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Between the trees a big bird approaches. It as taller as a human and twice as wide, not fat but all muscles. It's feathers are a magnificent shade of chestnut. Behind the bobbing neck a gnome is mounted on a saddle. She wears a crimson armor, made of some kind of leather. A shield is strapped to one arm, and a lance is held in a strap so she has her other hand free. With that she waves at you "Ahoy! Are you my fellow pathfinders? I am Yarricki!"

With her free hand she pets the big bird "And this is Thunder!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15

"Oh yeah, I was a dryad. But then some bandits poisoned my tree while they tried to burn Meredith's village to the ground. We kinda bonded in that moment. Uh, also literally I guess." She ponders. "I don't need money, I just need water, sun and the air." Denair shrugs. "Kind of like how you just need fruit without money getting in the way."

Luurg starts to ask about her parentage. "Oh, um, it doesn't really work that way- Hello Yarricki! Hi Thunder!"

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"What are you?" She looks at the large bird.

Liberty's Edge

Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith greets the gnome. "Well met, Yarricki. I'm Meredith, and this is Denair. The half-orc with the love of fruit is Luurg." Meredith shakes hands.

"Wow. What a... majestic..."
Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Meredith's instincts kick in and she is drawn to the bird, only to realize she's trying to pet it like a dog. A really big dog. A big, flying dog. It takes her a moment to snap out of it. "Sorry. You don't see birds of prey this large on a farm."

The Exchange

Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg shelters his face a bit from the wind beaten up by those large wings "Hey dare Yarricki n 'Tunder." He stares a bit at the bird "I'mma Luurg. Nebber seen such a big bird wid a half-lady ridin on it, good trick!"

He pulls off a small apple from his belt and tosses it up at 'Tunder for a snack. "Birds like fruit. Sometimes too much..." His eyes narrow in a bit of jealousy as he remembers back to his many wars with crows, ravens and catbirds as they fought over the fresh fruits of the fields at dawn and dusk.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Oh, Thunder is not a bird of prey!" the gnome jumps lightly from the saddle and lands on her feet. She offers the apple to Thunder and it immediately gobbles it down.

"Thunder is an axebeak. We come from Tian-Xia, where they are a lot more common than here. I found her egg on my travels. When it hatched she followed me around, and here we are now!" she glances at the small wings of the axebeak "I don't think she will ever fly, but you never know!"


Thunder:
hp 24/30 | Ac 16 T 12 FF 13 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2

Gobble

Head buts Yarricki

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"No, you won't get another apple!"

The Exchange

Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

K Nature vs Axebeak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Luurg rubs his nose a bit as he looks at the axebeak and nods "Oh, gotcha. Like a turkey but fly less. Dem turkey fly some, but not far, dey way too fat!" Luurg fails to restrain a hearty chuckle and tosses another apple at 'big turk'.

"I gut lotsa apples, best fruit 'round. Fix yer body right up gud, dats how Luurg get so biggun strong!" He smiles and rubs his big gut proudly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thunder:
hp 24/30 | Ac 16 T 12 FF 13 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2

Looks at Yarricki, looks at apple, looks at Yarricki, eats apple

Moves to Luurg and grabs his shoulder with beak. It does not hurt, but he feels that with a bit of additional pressure the beak would break bones.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

”That’s how she shows that she likes you, she will let go in a moment. Please don’t feed her more apples, she likes to overeat.”

The Exchange

Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg pets 'Big Turk' on the head a bit and laughs "Yarri gut you on a diet eh? Poor fella!" He gives him a wink and a nod and goes back to socializing with the others.

"So we's all gunna werk as a team on dis mission? I dunno what we gunna do fer sure, maybe get to go on a long hike er sumting?" He clasps his hands together excitedly.

Liberty's Edge

Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

"A hike would be great. I went down to the Mwangi expanse and saw some beautiful ruins there. Helped a village of Grippli, too. The only real eyesore was the gold mines." She shrugs. "But at least I got this longspear from them." She taps the metal spear on the ground and smiles. "Works real good at stabbing greedy Aspis agents."

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

Marcel's eyes swept back and forth, scanning the water-covered streets of the Puddles. Despite the wild and sordid tales of district's squalid reputation, the Nirmathasan had discovered that the cost of living there was cheap and the bare bones two-room apartment above a defunct glass shop was but a close walk from the main lodge in the Foreign Quarter.

Still, it paid to be careful when out and about in Puddles.

He cut through an ankle-deep, water-filled alley and turned uphill onto a street ascending across the unmarked divide between the two neighborhoods. His hazel eyes peered out from under the green hooded cloak covering his sun colored hair as he picked his way through the groups of citizens going about their daily routine with an unnoticeable degree of body grace.

The crowds slowly thinned out as the Grand Lodge came into sight, growing larger with each approaching step. He thought of the summons he'd received from Major Madris the day before, of the Society's need for his services once more. As he stepped through the oaken archway into the lodge's main courtyard, he bemused upon the realms within Golarian where this upcoming mission could possibly take him.

Marcel paused for a moment to take in the others who'd already arrived and to make sure the blue-winged, golden sword pin was safely tucked away out of sight in the collar of his gray shirt. His eyes swept over a human woman with dark auburn hair, a greenish gray man with orcish features, and a small green haired gnome tending to a huge, winged avian creature. While knowledgeable in different species of birds, he wasn't too sure what kind of bird this was. To find out, he'd have to get closer in order to examine the feathered specimen.

"These must be fellow agents also called in for this mission," he thought to himself as he watched the bird grip the man with orcish features by the shoulder with its beak. "I'd better go introduce myself."

He moved forward toward the group with an easy gait, moving as silently as fallen snow. His eyes glanced around, ever watching for danger even on the Grand Lodge's doorstep.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 How close can Marcel get to the group before they know he's there?

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Does Marcel notice the treefox creature in the tree as he approaches?


| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15

Well, no one's paying attention to Denair again, and Meredith is safe. So she climbs up a tree and hugs a branch. Reminds her of her old home, although this isn't the same kind of tree.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

She finds a good spot in the tree, where the leaves hide most of her body. Unfortunately it also blocks most of her sight.

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

"Come on Thunder, you can let go of him now!" Yarricki reaches up to pet the axebeak's chest. She then sits down on a log in the nice garden.

"So, is just the three of us and Thunder for this mission?"

Liberty's Edge

Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

"And Denair...whereever she is." Meredith checks behind her, on the ground and in the distance-every direction except up.

"Usually we have at least 4 members with us. There's gotta be more coming."

Liberty's Edge

AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

"One more is already here," Marcel replied as he stopped next to the group. "Perhaps there will be others as well. Marcel Lafitte at your service." He takes a moment to adjust the longbow on his back and the battleaxe in his belt loop before offering to shake hands with everyone. His eyes turn to the huge axebeak, taking in the bird's enormous beak and wingspan. "I don't think I've ever seen a bird like this one. Someone has taken really good care of you," he said, nodding at the axebeak.

Liberty's Edge

Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

"What?" Meredith is startled as she grabs haft of her longspear. "Oh, sorry about that. I'm Meredith. That is Yarricki's helper, named Thunder. You should see Denair...eventually. She likes to hide."

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Caught of guard by the human that suddenly spoke up Yarricki is stupefied for a second. When she catches her breath she stands up and shakes his hand "Yarricki, and that is Thunder. Please don't feed her, she can make it seem as if she isn't fed. But that is not the way it is, oh no!"

She takes her place on the log again and addresses Meredith "You mentioned Denair, who is she?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15

"Oh! That's me!" The fox/tree hybrid climbs down from her hiding spot and glances at Marcel. "Oh wow, where did you come from? Are you good at hiding?"

She walks up to Yarricki and offers one of her wooden hands to shake. "I follow the Boss everywhere. Well, unless she's sleeping."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

Marcel nods his head at Yarricki. "Thunder won't fool me, Yarricki. I know a little bit about animal habits." Marcel turns back to Meredith. "And Denair...she is an animal friend, too?" He looks around, but doesn't see her behind the cover of leaves in the tree when he turns a gaze in that direction. He looks down and takes a half step back when he sees the foxlike creature on the tree trunk. "You must be Denair. To answer your question, I'm pretty good at hiding when I have to be."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg stands there, stuffing his face with a banana in one hand and the last of a mixed drink in the other "Sure wish dey let me take dat blender wid me.. tink of all dem smoothies!" He stares ahead wistfully, tossing the banana peel to the side and rubbing his stomach, at least until people start popping out of no where.

"Woah, sneaky oomie we gut here! If we gunna be dis sneaky Luurg gunna need some magic help..." He reaches out a large green paw to shake Marcel's hand, bits of banana and other unknown stickiness taking residence there. "I'm Luurg, expert guide n provider of great fruit snacks!"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha walks tentatively up the street towards what he believes to be the Grand Lodge facility in this town. His progress is start and stop as he continually stops to look down at the note in his hand and reorient himself to confirm that he is heading in the right direction.

The Garundi man is clearly not from the area. A breastplate is strapped on over flowing brown robes and he wears a light color turban on his head. An iron holy symbol hangs from a leather strap around his neck, occasionally clinking against the breastplate.

As he gets closer to a small cluster of people, and a large bird, he stops to ask them directions. "Excuse me," he says to no one in particular. "I am a Pathfinder and I received a note to meet others at the Grand Lodge building." He looks around at the street and buildings and gestures indistinctly towards them all. "But I'm new to here so I'm not sure if this is it. But I think it is. Do you know?"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Human Paladin (OaV, Sacred Servant) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 20, FF: 19 TCH: 11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Immune to Fear & Disease | Init: +4 | Speed 30/20 | LoH 5/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: Reroll, Aura of Courage +4, Divine Symbol +1 LoH/day

Serge charges through the street towards Grand Lodge.

I'm late. I'm too late.

He had spent the past few days visiting family in Magnimar, when he happened upon a powerful cleric willing to resurrect his fallen cousin - at the right price.

His death was appropriate. It was the end of his path, no matter how tragic. Iomedae meant it for him, did she not?

"Yesss...." the nagaji cleric smiles, indicating the grave with her hand. "Jusssst a fine diamond and a little magic, and your cousssssin will be good asss new..."

Serge stood before the headstone, gripping the marble in his hand. "Cousin, do you wish to walk this plane again? Am I to betray Ragathiel's teachings and morality for my own selfishness of seeing your smile - hearing your laugh - just once more?"

He folds a hand to his chest, his eyes shut. "It is not for me to decide."

"Sssssuit yoursssself..." The cleric sighs. "Don't wassste my time."

Serge turns swiftly and departs, having caught wind of his next task and its imminent departure.

____

A well-armored man comes charging through the door, stopping in place as his breath begins to fail him. "I'm.. Late. S..Sorry." The brown-haired man has a face fraught with wrinkle and worry; surely misplaced given his age of only twenty. His breastplace is emblazoned with a subtle red wing in the upper left corner.

Serge stands and notices a familiar face. "... Luurg! You're back! Oh, do I ever need you right now," he says, pulling up a chair next to the half-orc. "May I please have one of those fanciful fruit drinks? And I'll, um, have to pay you back for it." He inverts his coinpurse and a tuft of dust floats out. He smiles nervously.

Liberty's Edge

AC:19 (T:14) (FF:15) | F:6 R:8 W:3 |HP:36/36 | Per. +9 Human Male Ranger 4

Marcel turns toward the man dressed in the turban and brown robes. "You are indeed in the right place," he replied, sticking his hand out. "I'm Marcel. If you need any help getting around Absalom, let me know. I've only lived here for a short time myself."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

The ranger's ears pick up a sound in the distance. From a prior experience, it sounds like someone in armor moving very quickly. "Someone comes on the run." He watches as a brown-haired man wearing a breastplate with a red wing in the corner dash through the archway and into the courtyard. "Easy. You're not late. We haven't even been told why we've been summoned. Stop for a moment and catch your breath."

Marcel looks on at the interaction between the newest arrival and Luurg, noting that they seem to know one another.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Are we in Absalom? I thought we were somewhere in Varisia

Malusha takes Marcel's hand with a gentle grip. "Thanks. I'm Malusha. It is nice to meet you. And I assume that the others here are also a part of our mission?" Malusha steps to the side when the other man comes running up.


| 5 HD Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Meredith | Denair's HP 32/32 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 20 | Saves 5/3/4 (Evasion)| Init 2 | Perception 15

"Hi! I'm Denair. And that's my Boss, Meredith." Denair walks up to him and offers a wooden hand to shake with. Most of her skin is wooden bark, like an oak tree, but her head and most of the chest is covered in auburn fur.

Liberty's Edge

Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

"Like she said, I'm Meredith. Good to meet you." Meredith greets the man. "From where do you hail? We have a little bit of time to kill before the captain's ready, I think."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha takes the wooden hand and looks at it quizzically. "Interesting." He shakes it and adds, "Nice to meet you Denair." He turns to Meredith, "And you too. Nice to meet you. I'm from the south, as you may have guessed. Osirion, to be more precise."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Human Paladin (OaV, Sacred Servant) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 20, FF: 19 TCH: 11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 21 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 | Immune to Fear & Disease | Init: +4 | Speed 30/20 | LoH 5/4 | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: Reroll, Aura of Courage +4, Divine Symbol +1 LoH/day

Serge takes the time to introduce himself to everyone, offering handshakes around and nodding to Marcel. "You're right. I suppose I'm, in fact, early." He laughs softly and breathes a sigh of a relief, taking a sip of the banana-strawberry-kiwi medley that Luurg had blended up. "Ah, Osirion, land of the Pharaohs. I have not been to such a place before. Tell me, how does one manage travel through the deserts there? I fear I am ill-equipped to ever try such a thing," he says with a glance at his heavy armor.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg smiles and waves as Serge comes up as well as the other new oomie faces "Hey dare guys, we all here doin' werk fer big bossmen? Wonder what dis trip be like, be gud if we get outta dis city and into da swamps!" Luurg wrings his hands together in boyish anticipation, his bare feet start wriggling and you swear his leaf covered spear quivers a bit as well.

He takes a longer look at the newcomers to see just how they're dressed and what sorts of weapons or holy symbols dangle "So when we do dis werk you all stay back behind Luurg here, eatin fruits makes me big n strong, and light on me feet!" (Luurg doesn't at all look light on his feet with his borderline level of obesity, but he doesn't seem to be clumsy.)

"You shudda seen dis race we had wid a werewulf last week!" He claps his oversized paw on Serge's shoulder and laughs "Mebe next time Serge can keep up, but dunno dat armor look real real hebby!" He takes one last long draw on his drink straw then tosses it in the bushes with a chuckle.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha greets Serge. "Yes, the land of pharaohs. It is a beautiful place. As for traveling in the desert? I think it's like anywhere. As long as you prepare, you're fine. Just take lots of water, a camel or two, and what could go wrong?"

Malusha considers Luurg's advice. "So you want us to stay in the back and you'll be in front, attacking all of the bad guys? Sounds good to me. Of course, I'll be providing as much support as I can."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

"You chased a werewolf? Heh. A tyrannosaurus rex chased me and Denair through the Mwangi jungle! She saw some fruit and leapt for it, you silly fox." She pets Denair, who grins in response. "Oh well, that giant lizard ate plenty of Aspis agents so it was well worth the trip."

Denair pipes up. "I got to share the fruit with the village of Grippli. They loved it, like a sweet dessert after we beat up those raiders!"

"Luurg, Denair and I work together, we like to surround and pummel enemies. One of us may be behind you."


Thunder:
hp 24/30 | Ac 16 T 12 FF 13 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2

Sorry, weekend was filled with other things

"With my short legs I prefer to ride Thunder. We are devastating at the charge, please do not come between us and any enemy.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

The summons was a strange one, even by Pathfinder Society standards. Letters for each of you, sent by Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch, the current head of the Pathfinder Lodge located in the Varisian city of Magnimar. The request within, so outlandish that for a moment you might think it some sort of joke - except you know, either from the grapevine or personal experience, that Venture-Captain Heidmarch is not one for jokes. As the group of you meet up and then make your travel preparations, you think back to the letter itself:

Letter:

'Agent of the Decemvirate,

Word has spread through the Society of your exceptional talents and I happen to find myself in need of exceptional agents to undertake a rather unique task. Please meet with me at the location marked on the enclosed map as soon as you are able and all will be made clear. In the meantime, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the condition known as somnambulism - or sleepwalking, in layman's terms.

Regards,
Sheila Heidmarch'

While the letter raised more questions than answers you have all banded together to answer the call and have made your way to the country of Varisia. As it turns out, the located marked on the enclosed map happens to be a small, rustic cabin located at the foot of the Fenwall Mountains. When you knock on the cabin door you are somehow surprised to see Sheila Heidmarch answer, even though her letters indicated that she would be meeting you here personally. Her eyes light up at the sight of the group.

"Ah, there you are! I'd hope that you would be able to make it here quickly; very good, very good," she says as she beckons everyone to step inside. "And it looks as if everyone was able to answer my summons I see - even better, for I suspect that it may take all of you to see this task through to the end."

As the Venture-Captain speaks, everyone can hear what sounds like grunting and the shaking of furniture coming from the room behind. Peering inside you can see a small bedchamber and within it, a man tied to a bed. He thrashes and pulls against the bonds restraining his arms and legs but to no avail. For a moment, you wonder why he remains oddly silent despite his predicament but then you suddenly realize that the man seems to be in some sort of trance or deep sleep.

Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch glances out a window as the last wisps of twilight fade over the Fenwall Mountains. Turning from the sight, she runs her hand along the rustic cabin’s wall and stands beside an occupied wooden bed before addressing you. "I know what you might be thinking, but I assure you that Zarta Dralneen has been nowhere on the premises," she remarks dryly. "This," the venture captain says, gesturing to the man thrashing around violently, straining against the bonds that lash him securely to the bed, "is our colleague, Kalkamedes. Every night for several weeks now, he has fallen into a deep slumber and tried to sleepwalk right out of his cottage. If not restrained, he marches straight north, eventually falling off a cliff or into a bog as if trying to get himself killed in an attempt to reach an unknown goal." As though he were expressing disagreement, the man tied to the bed suddenly begins pumping his limbs even harder, the violent spasms threatening to smash the bed into splinters.

"There are those who have recently criticized the Pathfinders for our indifference to the plight of our fellow field agents. It’s time to show that’s not true. I want you to help Kalkamedes, whether he wants it or not," Heidmarch continues. "Several of our best spellcasters have attempted an extensive list of magical cures, but whatever sleepwalking curse or effect he’s under tenaciously resists our efforts. All we can do is keep him safe." Heidmarch pats him with a degree of professional affection, and Kalkamedes rewards her by trying to swat her with his head. "Kalkamedes’s friends are at their wits’ end, so we are going to attempt the only thing that we have not tried: we’re going to let him go tonight. That’s where you come in. I want you to follow him and keep him safe and in one piece. Let him get to wherever his addled brain thinks he needs to go so badly. Maybe, just maybe, if he gets there, you can find a way to help him. Maybe you can determine who or what did this to him and find a way to undo it." Heidmarch pulls out a serrated knife. "Now before I cut him free, does anyone have any questions or last minute preparations?"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luurg marches the group to their destination, very happy to be out of the city and on the road. He sadly sticks to the well traveled paths and roads as the group seems to be on a time crunch. "It take longer going tru deez woods, but so much nicer walk! Oh well, mebe on trip home..."

Once they arrive Luurg's face lights up to see Miss Heidmarch answer the door "OH! Hey dare Mag'mar Boss Lady! Its Luurg, from dat Gobbie mission few weeks back? Can't have fergut already..." Rise of the Goblin Guild! He reaches out to give her a big stiggy Luurg hug before coming inside.

"Sound like you gut giant squirrels in yer walls Boss Lady... Luurg 'ate squirrels, dey steal away apples n plums... bastards!" He heads into the back room and then stops and turns nervously to back out "Umm... you fergut to untie yer man friend from ummm... we must be early..."

Silver Crusade

Yarricki:
FATIGUED hp 42/42 | Ac 21 T 11 FF 19 (incl barkskin +2) | I+1 | F+8 R+3 W+5 +2 vs. illusions | Perception +9
Thunder:
hp 37/37 | Ac 18 T 12 FF 13 (incl barkskin +2 | I+3 | F+7 R+7+Evasion W+1 | Perception +4 | Hunter's Trick 1/2
Reroll 1/1 | Animal Focus 0/1

Thunder and Yarricki enjoy the ride out to the hunting lodge. Near the lodge the gnome dismounts and tells the axebeak to warn her if anything approaches. She listens to the briefing and then asks

"If he goes straight north every night, how come he does not face the same obstacle everytime?"

Straight north she said, what could be his destination?
Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith is glad to be outside again, but they are on a time crunch. "Maybe we'll head through the forest later on, Luurg. It might jog more of Denair's memories."

Watching the man mumble, tied to his bed in a small cabin, Meredith's mind sweeps back to the kindly old man who helped her become a lumberjack. She'd cut trees down, plant saplings, and bring the logs back for sale...wait, that's not right at all, Meredith is a farmer. Denair has to nudge her back into paying attention.

"Sounds like we need to escort this man to his destination. Whereever that is." She nods. "I'm ready."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha blushes slightly at Luurg's implication then he nudges him. "I don't think this is what you think it is."

After the Venture-Captain explains the situation Malusha thinks for a moment. Meredith's suggestion of following the man seems correct to him. But there must be some reason that this is happening. "Is there any sort of magic aura around him. Either during normal times or when he's sleepwalking?"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Internal Alchemist 8 HP 67/67 Fast Healing 4/4 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 Uncanny Dodge| Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +5 | Init +2 | Perc +12, 60' Darkvision, Bombs (13/13) Fly (8/8) Effects: Ant Haul

Luuuuuurg rubs his stomach through his breastplate as he considers Malusha's statement "Mebe. You shud see what orc ladies do to us orc men. People tink most half orcs come from orc men taking oomie ladies in bed. It really udder way 'round. Orc ladies are mean in da sack!" He lifts up a sleeve to show numerous bite marks and slashes on his forearm before heading back inside the bedroom.

"Can Luurg look over dis Kal...kamedes fella? Luurg trained by real gud witch doctor." He pulls out a rolled up pouch of medical supplies in hopes of permission.

Assuming he's allowed, also hoping to find out what Luurg may know of that sleep walking condition you mentioned.

Luurg unrolls his med'cin pouch, which looks very well stocked with all manner or poultices and vials of liquids. He looks the man over from head to toe, prying open his eyes, poking him in the chest a few times, and even sticking a unstopped vial of strong smelling chemicals under his nose. smelling salts To see the man's reactions.

Heal Check w/ Kit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Denair| HP 51/51 | Spells -/5/4 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | Saves 7/3/5 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 15) | 6 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | GM Folio Reroll+2 |

Meredith will cast Guidance on Lurrg before he examines Kalkamedes. "I think restraining him is more protecting him from himself and less keeping him captive."

1 to 50 of 476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Night March of Kalkamedes (Table A) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.