GM Dak - Hell's Rebels

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: In Hell's Bright Shadow
Part 3: Redaction's and Revenge

Pics | Maps | Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Toilday, 20th of Abadius 4715 AR
Current Day: Oathday, 11th of Calistril 4715 AR


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,522 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Reference Image Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3| AC 17 FF 13 T 14| HP 24/24| F +2 R +7 W +2| Init +6| Percep +7
Buffs:
None

”I saw a spider over in that corner there. And judging by the looks of that poor chap there, there’s likely a whole bunch more. If ya got any way to tend to a big wave of ‘em, by all means lead the way...” Surexeria says as she gestures for someone else to lead the way.


Female CG Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 2/20 | AC12 T11 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+3 | Ini+5 | Prcp+4 SM+2 | Spd 30' | Arcane Reservoir 3/6 | Active: heightened awareness

Kn Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 "Hm, I can't quite make out exactly what kind of spider that is. There's no suspicious magic about, though." Sorix approaches the corpse. "I wonder what happened to this poor fellow?"


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

"Yeah spiders, rats, they are all vermin doing no good." Horillo nods to Mawl, "Just don't set fire to the building, at least not until I can memorise that prayer to Gozreh, the one that lets me fill pitchers with water." He smiles, before watching Sorix enter the room, as she move towards the corpse. He follows her a few steps behind, an arrow knocked, the string taught, his arms still and ready to loose an arrow at anything that attacks his magic filled friend Sorix.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Seemingly more interested in trying to find out what exactly happened to the man and seeing what kind of spider Surexeria saw than worrying about the threat of them, Sorix marches into the room. As soon as she gets about halfway to the body several spiders the size of a rat, with bright red patterns on their back move to attack her.

Initiative:

Horillo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Mawl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Sholti: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Sorix: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Surexeria: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Enemy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Three of them manage to bite Sorix and while the bite doesn't hurt at all she immediately feels the sting of venom in the area of the bites.

Need 3 DC10 Fort Saves from Sorix

Round 1
Enemy, > Horillo/Sholti/Sorix/Surexeria/Mawl


Reference Image Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3| AC 17 FF 13 T 14| HP 24/24| F +2 R +7 W +2| Init +6| Percep +7
Buffs:
None

”Bloody hell,” Surexeria says before darting in, stabbing at one of the spiders with a thrust of her blade.

Attack, Flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sneak Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Using fast movement, I think I can get to a position where I can swat one of the spiders with my morningstar.

Mawl, with surprising quickness maneuvers to a postion to swat at one of the spiders with his Morningstar.

Atk, Flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14
Dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

Horillo lets fly 2 arrows, at the right most spider.

Longbow attack(rs) 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 12 point blank, rapid shot, precise shot. Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 point blank
Longbow attack(rs) 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 22 point blank, rapid shot, precise shot. Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 point blank


Female CG Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 2/20 | AC12 T11 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+3 | Ini+5 | Prcp+4 SM+2 | Spd 30' | Arcane Reservoir 3/6 | Active: heightened awareness

FORT DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
FORT DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
FORT DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Sorix shrieks, ”Ahh! Get them off get them off get them off!” Then swiftly retreats.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 3 | HP: 19/30 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 30' | Perform 9/11

When Sholti gets into the room, she sees the spiders causing trouble. Not really knowing how a might fight with a little spider might work, she instead moves past Horillo to find a spot where she has a clear line of sight in the spiders.

She reaches in her pouch and brings out three silver coins. With a word and a caress from Sholti, each shimmers for just a moment. Sholti takes one of the three and hurls it at the spider second farthest from Mawl. As soon it it leaves her hand the coin accelerates to an incredible speed. It is less than even a blur. Sadly it hits beside the spider, leaving a divot in the floor.

Attack (Ranged, Touch): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sigh, awesome to see my dice rolling hasn't improved in my absence. Thanks for the healing everyone. Also please not that I've gotten Sholti leveled now so her HP is actually at 19 out of 30.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Horillo takes two shots at the spider furthestest away from the others. While he misses his first shot the second one hits and kills the spider outright. Sholti moves to the other side of Horillo and pulls out some silver coins she tosses one at the next furthest one but her aim is off as the coin clinks across the ground. Sorix feels some of the poison raising through her veins sapping her strength but it's not as bad as it could have been.

-1 Str. Need 3 more DC10 Fort saves on the one you failed to see if it ends early you you get the remaining -3 Str.

She promptly runs away letting the others deal with the remaining spiders. Surexeria advances on the spiders and cuts the one she attacks in two. Mawl joins Surexeria in attacking the spiders but they are to small and his ends up missing and hitting the floor instead.

The spiders move to the closest target, in this case Mawl, and attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Two of them bite Mawl injecting him with their venom.

2 DC 10 Fort saves for Mawl.

Round 2
Enemy, > Horillo/Sholti/Sorix/Surexeria/Mawl


Reference Image Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3| AC 17 FF 13 T 14| HP 24/24| F +2 R +7 W +2| Init +6| Percep +7
Buffs:
None

Surexeria takes a circuitous route around the spiders before darting in and taking a slice at another one between herself and Mawl.

Attack, Flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Attack: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Mawl winces as he feels the venom strike...

can i take a ten?

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

Quickly Horillo lets fly 2 more arrows, but in his haste to protect Mawl, the arrows fly harmlessly into the floor. "No worries Mawl, we'll have you right as rain soon, just kill them little blighters."

Rapid Shot with Point Blank, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot
Longbow attack(rs) 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 7 point blank, rapid shot. Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 point blank
Longbow attack(rs) 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 12 point blank, rapid shot. Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 point blank


HP 31/31 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 19| Fort +5| Ref +3 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Intimidate +7 Bloodrager (Aberrant)

Mawl swings back at one...

Atk: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 -1str no effect
Dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female CG Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 2/20 | AC12 T11 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+3 | Ini+5 | Prcp+4 SM+2 | Spd 30' | Arcane Reservoir 3/6 | Active: heightened awareness

FORT DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
FORT DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
FORT DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Ugh, everything feels SO HEAVY. Sorix just watches with tired eyes, hoping her allies can kill the spiders.
How much STR damage total?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Horillo takes two more shots with his bow but he misses the tiny spiders on both attempts.

Attack (Ranged, Touch): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sholti tosses another magically enchanted coin this time it hits and slices right through the spider, killing it. Sorix watches the battle from the back not interested in getting anywhere close to the spiders while Surexeria circles around them to attack, but misses. Mawl smashes another one of the spiders only leaving the one left.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The spider bites Mawl again injecting him with even more venom. However, with only the one spider left and the group all focusing on it they manage to kill it shortly after it bites Mawl.

Over the 4 rounds it takes the venom to run its course Sorix will end up with -2 Str. Mawl you need 3 more fort saves for the previous one you failed. Then 1 more fort save for the new bite and if you fail it another 3 fort saves so we can determine how much Str damage you take.

Out of Combat.


HP 31/31 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 19| Fort +5| Ref +3 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Intimidate +7 Bloodrager (Aberrant)

Original 3 more
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

New bite
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

So it looks like I missed two more of the original but saved the new one. -3 str?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Correct, -3 Str.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

With the spiders dead it is pretty apparent what killed them man whose body still lays on the floor. Aside from where you came the only way to continue on is down the hallway leading to the east.


Reference Image Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3| AC 17 FF 13 T 14| HP 24/24| F +2 R +7 W +2| Init +6| Percep +7
Buffs:
None

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

Horillo cautions about continuing until they are ready. "So, what and who is this guy and what was he doing here. Let's take a moment to take stock." as he says this he starts to search the man for anything that might answer his questions and to discover what else he has on his person.

Once he has finished, he asks Mawl and Sorix how they are feeling following being bitten by the vermin. "If you have any significant weakness caused by those creatures wounding you, let me know. I have one prayer to Erastil that might aid your recovery. In addition to Erastil's normal grace that can knit broken bones and deep wounds." The cleric smiles, knowing that his friends will need his help sooner of later.

Perception take a 10 10 + 10 = 20


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Horillo checks the body and finds the man carries a silver unholy symbol of Asmodeus, along with a vial of silver dust and five scrolls. He still wears a magically enchanted breastplate, and clutched in his hand is a gold-plated “Hocum’s Fantasmagorium” charm from the gift store. It's pretty apparent that the man is some sort of cleric of Asmodeus.


HP 31/31 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 19| Fort +5| Ref +3 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Intimidate +7 Bloodrager (Aberrant)

"Actually, Horillo, my strength is down significantly, I'm not sure how long it would be to get back. I would love it if you could make me whole again."


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

Horillo looks to Sorix and asks her to cast her eyes and magical know how over the items found on the dead man. "I will take some of his clerical things, for although they are abhorrent to Erastil's teachings, in this world they might fool the authorities for a while." he says taking the sign of Asmodeus.

To Mawl he asks for Erastil's blessing.

Casts Lesser Restoration 1d4 ⇒ 2 strength back.


HP 31/31 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 19| Fort +5| Ref +3 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Intimidate +7 Bloodrager (Aberrant)

Mawl flexes his shoulders, and casts a smile at Horillo. "Thanks that helps significantly. I believe I can still be useful again. "


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

Clasping Mawl's shoulders, Horillo nods, "That was never in doubt, Mawl. Have faith in yourself as we do in you. You are family now and Erastil looks kindly on family. Nice looking armour he wears, might look good on you as well."

"Sholti," Horillo speaks quietly to the bard, "This guy, he was something to do with the church of Asmodeus. You seem to know alot about the world and it intrigues, you wouldn't happen to know who he is, or anything else about him?" he says as he picks up the silver symbol of the devil god.

Laying his bow on the ground in front of him, Horillo touches his tattoo saying a prayer to Earstil to guide his eyes so that they can see clearly. Casts Read Magic to identify the contents of the scrolls.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Know. Local DC15:
The man wears customary guard for a cleric of Asmodeous that maintains the largest temple on Temple Hill. While he doesn't stand out as anyone of import he is definitely a local.


Female CG Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 2/20 | AC12 T11 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+3 | Ini+5 | Prcp+4 SM+2 | Spd 30' | Arcane Reservoir 3/6 | Active: heightened awareness

”I don’t carry much—my strength being a bit sapped doesn’t really hinder me as much as it does our friend Mawl.”
kn local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
"This man was a cleric of Asmodeus. I wonder what he was doing here? And this magical breastplate is interesting indeed. Let's see if I can figure out what kind of enchantments it has..."

Sorix casts detect magic and concentrates on the breastplate.
spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sorix notes that the breastplate is a +1 breastplate and Horillo finds that the scrolls are of cause fear, doom, inflict light wounds, and remove fear.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sholti shrugs to Horillo's question and simply notes "Nope, never seen him before." after the group has looted the corpse and figured out the magic items he has Surexeria scouts ahead into the next room. A circular alcove off this hallway cradles a lovingly maintained statue of a regal man, his arms outstretched and his chest adorned with a carving of a winged eye. Empty picture frames line the walls. There are closed double doors to the south that, based on the layout you know connect back to the large circular room you first entered.

Know. Religion - Statue DC12:
You identify the statue as a depiction of the dead god Aroden.


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

Know religion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Horillo moves up to the room, his bow ready as usual, but suddenly stops and looks at the statue mouth agog. "That must be old, never thought I'd see a statue in homage to Aroden. You know the first of the god kings." He continues to look around for anything advantageous.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Reference Image Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3| AC 17 FF 13 T 14| HP 24/24| F +2 R +7 W +2| Init +6| Percep +7
Buffs:
None

Surexeria couldn’t care less about the statue. She was more concerned with things that could try and kill them. She continued moving quietly forward while looking for threats and scanning the doors for signs of traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Horillo doesn't find anything of note as the others stand by at the ready. Surexeria moves ahead into the next room to look around. Wax replicas of various politicians, folk heroes, deities, and creatures fill this room, some laughably fake and others eerily lifelike. One in particular stands out—a depiction of a man dressed in bloodstained professor’s robes. This figure wields a bloody surgeon’s knife in one hand, but its face has been melted away into an unrecognizable waxen mess save for a single glaring eye. There is an open hallway leading to the south.


Reference Image Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3| AC 17 FF 13 T 14| HP 24/24| F +2 R +7 W +2| Init +6| Percep +7
Buffs:
None

Once she is certain that none of these wax figures pose any threat, she heads on down the open hall on her scouting tour...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


HP 31/31 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 19| Fort +5| Ref +3 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Intimidate +7 Bloodrager (Aberrant)

Mawl walks softly a safe distance behind Surexeria, but pauses at the statue with the melted face and the one good eye.

He examines the one good eye closely, thinking there must be a reason it survived. Perhaps it is magical?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

Being uneasy in the place, and the eye watching, Horillo asks Erastil to show him the magic here.

Casts detect magic, at the statue and the wax works, especially interested in the eye.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

GM:

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 6

While Horillo doesn't find any signs of magic Mawl notices that the statue with the melted face, the one in tack eye is actually made of carved alabaster and would likely fetch some gold.

As the others take a moment to look over the statues in the wax room Surexeria moves ahead as she continues scouting out the place. This series of open galleries may have once held numerous paintings and other objects of curiosity in several glass cases, but today the displays are all empty. As she comes around the last corner she notes several people standing in the larger room and they notice her too, as they begin to shuffle towards her she sees that the people are all badly burnt, burns so bad that there is no way they are still alive. Worse yet, she recognizes two of the charred shambling corpses, they are her parents.

Initiative:

Horillo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Mawl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Sholti: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Sorix: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Surexeria: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Enemy1: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Enemy2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Round 1
> Surexeria/Horillo/Mawl,
Enemies, Sorix/Sholti


Reference Image Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3| AC 17 FF 13 T 14| HP 24/24| F +2 R +7 W +2| Init +6| Percep +7
Buffs:
None

Surexeria bites her lip seeing her charred parents. But her time on the seas taught her to be tough and think. She turns to Mawl and says ”Come on. Choke point.”

She thrusts her blade once at the nearest one before turning back.

As she walks back into the prior hall, she slips around the corner and presses her back against it, closing her eyes and trying to steel herself.
__________
Quick stab at the top left one then moving back.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10


HP 31/31 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 19| Fort +5| Ref +3 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Intimidate +7 Bloodrager (Aberrant)

Hearing the gasp of Surexeria, Mawl quickly catches up to her. Able to see what is transpiring, he quickly shouts some tactics to the party and takes up a position readying an action to attack when one comes within his reach weapon.

Bec drawn, morningstar slinged combat reflexes for AoO


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

Seeing that his friends have taken up the front row, Horillo goes over to one of the pieces of furniture and drags it around the corner. Once in place he and his companions not in the front row can stand on top and get a good view of their adversaries. Making any ranged attacks easier.

Please roll whatever you need for Horillo to do this, and it may or may not be more than one round.[ Over to you GM ... ;-)


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Surexeria calls out of the others to come and aid her before moving back some to avoid the coming onslaught of undead. Mawl moves forward to block the path from where Surexeria retreated holding his weapon at the ready. Horillo moves to one of the nearby display stands and begins to drag it over toward the door in an attempt to gain some higher ground though it may take him a moment to get it in place.

@Surexeria your attack wouldn't go off because that closest one was on the other side of a wall from you. Also, just to note if you plan to attack from where you are currently they will have partial cover for the hard corner. @Horillo You will get the case in place by next round and can take a move action to get on top of it ready to attack the following round.

The undead shamble forward, but with Mawl blocking the way only three are able to get to him to attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

While the first two miss, the last one cracks Mawl atop the head with a serious blow causing him to almost see stars for a moment as blood rushes down his face from the injury. Worse yet it seems you drew the attention of some masked men from the adjacent room. They are wearing colors similar to those of the dead man you had found and each wear an unholoy symbol of Asmodeus.

Mawl don't forget your AoO's for the three that closed on you.

Round 1
Surexeria/Horillo/Mawl, Enemies, > Sorix/Sholti
Round 2
Surexeria/Horillo/Mawl,
Enemies, Sorix/Sholti


HP 31/31 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 19| Fort +5| Ref +3 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Intimidate +7 Bloodrager (Aberrant)

As the undead begin to shamble forward, Mawl lashes out with his combat training and tactics using his reach weapon.

Atk AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Atk AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Atk AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Hacking away and doing some damage to at least two of them.

Seeing the masked men wearing cloaks and looking like priests he shouts to the rest of his party.

"It looks like we have a few divine spellcasters coming in, sure could use a fireball or whatever we have that could equal that."


Female CG Human Wizard (Exploiter) 3 | HP 2/20 | AC12 T11 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD12 | F+2 R+2 W+3 | Ini+5 | Prcp+4 SM+2 | Spd 30' | Arcane Reservoir 3/6 | Active: heightened awareness

”This looks like a job for SuperMawl™! Shouts Sorix after she casts bull’s Strength then rushes forward and touches her friend to deliver the spell.
+4 enhancement bonus to Strength to Mawl


HP 31/31 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 19| Fort +5| Ref +3 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Intimidate +7 Bloodrager (Aberrant)

Mawl drops his Bec while flexing, and swings his MW morningstar with all his might at one of the undead that he missed with his AoO.

Bull str +2 atk, +2 dmg, rage +2 atk + 2 dmg Power Atk, -1 atk +3 dmg for 2h w/1h weapon

Attack : 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 26 Raging w/PA + BS
Damage : 1d8 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 16

"Let's see how squishy they are!"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Will bot Sholti, but Surexeria and Horillo are up as well.


Reference Image Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3| AC 17 FF 13 T 14| HP 24/24| F +2 R +7 W +2| Init +6| Percep +7
Buffs:
None

”Big guy! Back up! Make them come to us!” Surexeria calls out as she prepares to thrust her blade into the first foe rounding the corner.

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


HP 31/31 | AC 20 | T 13 | FF 17 | CMD 19| Fort +5| Ref +3 | Will +2 | Init +3 | Perc +6 | Intimidate +7 Bloodrager (Aberrant)

"Yeah, was going to, but I ran into one of our own when she made me so much stronger"!


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sorix moves up behind Mawl, blocking his ability to move bakc, but also magically enhancing him with her spell causing his muscles to bulge even more than usual. Sholti, not seeing any opening descides to try another approach as she runs back down the hall and opens the doors into the room where you had previously fought the skeletons. Horillo finishes dragging the display case over and climbs up on top to get a better line of sight to the fight ahead.

While Mawl managed to hit two of the undead as they got within range he noted that his weapon was not as effective against them. He finds similar results with his morningstar as he slams into one of the creatures in what he feels would normally take a normal person out, left it still standing, though the undead's chest is partially collapsed and the morningstar connects cause a gush of goo to spray all over Mawl. Surexeria readies herself for the others to advance, but she will be waiting a bit until Sorix and Mawl can move back.

In the meantime, the undead on Mawl continue to attempt to bash him with their fists.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Two of them land solid blows on Mawl, nearly dropping him to the ground. Luckily though, with the undead clogging up the way the men in the back can't seem to get to the group. Oddly, the undead look at the men in the wearing the same colors and unholy symbol as the man you had found dead but don't move to attack them and instead keep their focus on the group.

Round 2
Surexeria/Horillo/Mawl, Enemies, > Sorix/Sholti
Round 2
Surexeria/Horillo/Mawl,
Enemies, Sorix/Sholti


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

So with the updated armor only one hits Mawl for 7, so not quite as bad as it could have been.


Male
Spoiler:
HPs 16/18 AC 16/FF13/T13 Saves: F+3, Ref +4, W+6 +1Illusion, Perc +10 Init +3(+5 in surprise)
Human Cleric(Hidden Priest) of Erastil/3

Assume that the above is Round 2/Round 3
Also in round 2 Horillo would have finished dragging the furniture round and getting on top. As per actions and GM remarks from round 1.

Assuming this is alright, Horillo will have a couple of pot shots,

AS Horillo prepares to take his shots, he wobbles on the furniture top and shoots very erratically. However he gets a good look at the creatures.

Longbow attack(rs) 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 10 precise shot, point blank, rapid shot. Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 point blank
Longbow attack(rs) 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 11 precise shot, point blank, rapid shot. Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 point blank

Know(religion) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,522 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.