GMDQ's Skull and Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master tumbler

Campaign Slides

S&S Ship Battle Map

Loot Sheet

A small band of mariners find themselves press-ganged into service on the Wormwood, led by the fearsome Barnabas Harrigan. Will they turn their misfortune to glory on the high seas, or will folly lead them to an ignominious watery death?


7,851 to 7,900 of 7,919 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

Riori follows as best she can, hoping that at least as her feet hover over the ground slightly it will help her from leaving a trail to follow.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Even though you are essentially trying to find the "not water" path, I'm going to say that this is water terrain in the same sense that a half-elf is both human and elf.

You see the snake, and know enough about such animals to know that they are primarily interested in catching prey unawares. Predators are evolved to conserve energy and only go after prey that is likely to be worthwhile. Moving slowly, keeping to the firmer bits of sandbar and tree roots, Sal leads you along a path that keeps the massive anaconda from thinking you are easy prey. No doubt this creature will continue to cause you trouble down the line, but for now you have avoided a fight.


Assuming you continue around the island, it will take most of an 8 hours of travel to make it across the north side of the island and to where you can see F, which is a big cyclopean statue. You can continue on from there by pushing yourselves, or camp again.


Male (aquatic subtype) Human (Caldaru) HP: 75/65 AC/FF/T: 20/17/14 F: +6 R: +8 W: +9 CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Cold res 5 Perception +10 Wizard (water elementalist) VMC Sorcerer (aquatic) 9

"Perhaps we should camp?" Ekote suggests as the party veers its path northward. "Unless this statue is some sort of shrine," he points at the cyclopean statue, "it is likely that we will be undisturbed. Or so I hope."


Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

Riori collects seashells as they walk along the northern beach.


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

So distance from K to F along the beach is about 24 miles, give or take?

After a long day of walking and looking and getting a sense of the island, Sal squints at the shadow of the statue.

"Looks like that statue is further up onto the grass rather than down on the beach, so it's not likely to harm us either way. But it might be good to explore it fresh-eyed. Camp it is."

Sal will help build a similar camp to last time, nestling against the cliffs to help block unwanted winds.

Need to go to bed but if you need more details or a roll LMK or you are welcome to roll for me.


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

Same watch as last time unless given a reason to switch it up.

Thren helps set up camp under Sal's supervision.


Sorry, I've miscommunicated. And I may have done the math wrong on your travel, but I'm think I'm fairly close. I figure travel along the beach is akin to swamp and/or sandy desert, which is half of the 24 miles you would get overland. So 12. Then I figured you aren't just travelling, but stopping to look up into the cliffs, out into the surrounding seas, occasionally following some animal tracks, etc.

As for distances, the yellow line/bar on the map is about a mile, so only about 8 miles from K to F. If you want to move more swiftly, we can change that.

The statue is actually at the top of a 60 foot cliff which is barely visible on the map. That whole northern part of the island is a plateau with a beach at the bottom of cliffs.

As you move across the northern side of the island, you find a colony of sea lions and you see the occasional Pteranodon flying from the interior of the island to come out and dive, pelican-like, into the surf. These beasties have a wingspan of about 20 feet.

There are also sea birds that nest on the cliffs. No lack of food sources, here.

Let me know if you want to move more quickly and have made it farther. Also give me a perception check if you decide to camp here at underneath the statue.


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Male (aquatic subtype) Human (Caldaru) HP: 75/65 AC/FF/T: 20/17/14 F: +6 R: +8 W: +9 CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Cold res 5 Perception +10 Wizard (water elementalist) VMC Sorcerer (aquatic) 9

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

Nah, I think your calculation is fair, just trying to get a sense of speed and space. I wasn't thinking we'd camp right under the statue, from your earlier description I got the sense we were looking at it from further up the beach, like 1000 or 500 ft or so away depending on its size. I've moved the star to where I thought we might camp.

"Wow! Look at them terano-whatsits. Big lizard bird things. Good to see so many different things living here... despite the weirdness we found at the fortress, seems like normal life can survive here, which suggests no broad-range magical juju or hauntings."

Sal checks to be sure on this narrower part of the beach they won't be swamped by high tide. If it looks like they will she suggests climbing the cliffs to camp at the edge of the wood that is casting shade over them from above.

Survival: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Sal locates a spot to build a spa near their campsite, complete with bar that serves maitais


Sal finds a delightful warm spring hidden in a sheltered grotto. The water has carved a recess into the cliff, providing shelter from the elements as well as from prying eyes. Where the water bubbles up, it is hot enough to boil, and with some quick hunting, fishing, and gathering, you can put together a scrumptious fire free seafood boil.

Further away from the source, the water is cool enough to enjoy bathing without boiling your skin while still getting a nice soak, should the mood strike you.

As you have more time to eye the cyclops statue, you see that it is built in much the same way as the larger tower at the fort, and that there are battlements and windows about 40 feet above the top of the cliff. It seems likely it is some sort of watch tower, though from here you don't see anyone or anything manning it.


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

Thren will take the opportunity to get in a good soak though she will be in the hottest part she can handle for that. Later, when she's out and about, she'll ponder windows and battlements.

"What would someone worry about out here enough to build a tower?"


Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

"We're talking about the ancient cyclopes, who's to know what they guarded against?" Riori says, finishing her morning coffee, perked with the hot spring water.

"I think best thing to do would be to go up in it, and see what you can see from it. It incurs risk since we know there are cyclops or something here, but we've got to tackle whatever's living here at some point."

Sorry, I thought I had posted earlier


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

"This island has to be claimed if I want that seat on the Council. Which I do. I don't want to share an island with cyclopes, so yes, we're going to investigate."


There is no obvious way up to the top of the cliffs from the beach. If you want to stay out of sight, the best bet would probably be to ascend here and then cross to the tower up above.

Of course, you have access to flight and invisibility in various ways. Just let me know how you want to proceed.


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

How high are the cliffs? We've got plenty of rope, plus Sal's rope of climbing. Unfortunately Riori is 1 level away from being able to fly (she just hovers). Sal has a potion of fly but may as well check the more obvious route first.


Male (aquatic subtype) Human (Caldaru) HP: 75/65 AC/FF/T: 20/17/14 F: +6 R: +8 W: +9 CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Cold res 5 Perception +10 Wizard (water elementalist) VMC Sorcerer (aquatic) 9

Ekote can always cast a fly spell or overland flight and go up to secure a rope for the others, assuming nothing goes wrong, though the rope of climbing would be preferable.


The cliff is 60 feet tall.


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

Thren looks at Sal. "I think we can just climb up ourselves and leave rope for Riori," she suggests. "Shouldn't be that tough."


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

After squinting at the cliff and looking up and down, Sal says, "Well conveniently the cliffs are about as high as my magic rope is long." She pulls out her rope of climbing, commands it to snake up the cliff face, where it attaches Automatically "securely" and able to hold up to 3,000 lbs at the top. She then cuts 20 more feet off her spare rope and ties it to the end she is holding, tying the nonmagical end first into knots so that it becomes climbable (becoming a 10 foot long climbing rope). She then commands the magic rope to also knot itself in increments so it too is easier to climb; it bunches upwards. (So now the magic rope is 50 feet but with a -10 DC to climb, attached to it at the bottom is a 10 foot knotted rope that is also easy to climb).

She then climbs up the rope. Taking 10; with the knots in the rope that should be an autosuccess

When she gets to the top she looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

If and when Sal sounds an all-clear, Riori follows up the rope. Taking 10


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

The tiefling woman climbs up easily. "I'm not used to having it this easy." She laughs.

Taking 10.


Male (aquatic subtype) Human (Caldaru) HP: 75/65 AC/FF/T: 20/17/14 F: +6 R: +8 W: +9 CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Cold res 5 Perception +10 Wizard (water elementalist) VMC Sorcerer (aquatic) 9

There's a smile as Ekote lets the women get going up the rope one by one. For his own part, he choose magic. One incantation later and he is airborne, flying up without trouble.

Using overland flight to make the trip up.


I've mushed together a map. Strangely, there isn't one provided in this adventure, just a description that it looks similar to something else.

At the top of the cliff, trees and underbrush grow thick and tall, making it relatively simple to conceal your approach to the tower.

The area close to the tower shows signs of having been traversed many times by large footed humanoids. It would appear that several giants have been doing everything possible to look for any kind of food.

Drawing closer, you can see three massive humanoids, each with only a single eye. There clothes are rough made furs and skins, their weapons crude, simple bows and axes that are little more than stone strapped to limbs.

They show no sign of having noticed you.


You don't have to be that close. That is just the distance I had on the map. You could be as much as 100 feet away.


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

Thren starts mouthing curses under her breath in Infernal when she sees what they're facing.

"I figured we'd run into these things sometime." The tiefling whispers to the others. She doesn't sweat very much despite the climate of the Shackles, but there's a bead of sweat on her brow now. "We need to get in close and deal with them. You ready to fight some big creatures Sal?"


Not sure if we are ready for initiative, but I'll roll just in case.

Thren Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Ekote Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sal Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Riori Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Cyclops Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Looks like I'm going later.


Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

Well before any approach or alerting the cyclops:

"I don't suppose parlay is an option? I don't like just charging in and whacking a thinking thing, but if you're sure..."

Thren still won initiative so she can still just go and attack...


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

"The last time I was part of a 'parlay' with these things I had a spear the size of a small tree rammed through my chest and out my back, then got flung off like a bug. It took most of a priest's blessings and the amusement of the gods to keep me out of the River of Souls. Oh no, the only parlay for these things will be one where they get my points...."

Thren's fears seem to now be buried beneath a rising rage. Done expressing her opinion, the bard begins by chanting off a quick spell. Her form shimmers for a moment and she seems to take a step sideways. To follow that up, she takes a deep breath and then starts singing. Loudly. It's a favorite Andoran battle anthem this time, and there's no mistaking that one.

Thren casts displacement on herself, giving her a 50% miss chance for 9 rounds. Then she initiates inspire courage so all allies get a +2 morale bonus against charm and fear effects as well as a +2 competence bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls.


Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

Riori doesn't bother arguing; she figures most cyclopes are not warm and fluffy, but needed to do her due diligence.

Indeed, she takes Thren's description of being skewered to heart and casts shield of faith on herself. +3 Deflection bonus to AC; she already has a ring of protection +1 so actual additional bonus is +2 for 9 minutes


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

Before their approach, Sal retrieves her rope and stows it back in her haversack.

As they spot the cyclops and converse and decide to attack, and as Thren is singing very loudly, Sal says, "Welp, guess we're not sneaking up on'em. We'll as we say, guess they'd better pick on someone their own size..."

She quaffs one of her potions of enlarge person and the once diminutive chunk of muscle becomes a 10 foot wall of muscle. She steps forth from the trees, readying her ranseur effortlessly. Reach is now 15 feet; +2 to Str and -2 to Dex and -1 to AC, +1 to CMB, etc. "Ahoy! This is our island now. Run if you want to live!"


Male (aquatic subtype) Human (Caldaru) HP: 75/65 AC/FF/T: 20/17/14 F: +6 R: +8 W: +9 CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Cold res 5 Perception +10 Wizard (water elementalist) VMC Sorcerer (aquatic) 9

Ekote looks at the now much-larger Sal speculatively. "If you want Sal, I can get you into the fray much faster, right now, though it is of course risky...." He asks her quickly.

Going to wait for a quick response, then cast a spell depending on the answer.


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

"Uh, if you got one o' them hasty spells, that'd be fine, but I was gonna whack'em as they come..." She tries to whisper the last part as she feels like it is much easier to be louder with twice-sized lungs.

They're not that far away, so she was going to just see if they approach her and then AOO the first one that comes along. If you did something to drop her in the middle of them, she still couldn't act after they do, so that would just open her up to getting hurt before she could retaliate.


Male (aquatic subtype) Human (Caldaru) HP: 75/65 AC/FF/T: 20/17/14 F: +6 R: +8 W: +9 CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Cold res 5 Perception +10 Wizard (water elementalist) VMC Sorcerer (aquatic) 9

I was suggesting a telekinetic charge spell to get you into melee. It would allow you to use your immediate action to attack. Been wanting to try it out :) So be it!

"Fair points. You can be your namesake another time." The wizard smiles easily. He chants off a spell and points at several of the monsters.

"May your blood move as ice," he commands.

Ekote casts slow on all of the cyclopes except the one on the far right. DC 19 Will save to negate. Those that fail are at half movement, -1 to attack rolls/AC/Reflex saves, and may only take a single move action OR standard action each round.


Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

All three fail. Note that the one standing on the part that is part of the building is 15 feet off the ground and there is rubble between him and you. You could move up it, especially Sal with her large size, but it is difficult terrain where the rubble is on the map.

The cyclopes appear to be surprised at your sudden attack, having not noticed your approach. Suddenly slowed, three of them turn in slow motion, firing their massive bows in your direction.

Bow attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19

Bow attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19

Bow attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 = 19

Three arrows sink into the dirt around Sal.

The fourth drops his bow and unslings a massive axe from his back. As it moves, the cyclops single eye moves back and forth as though reading some sort of arcane text. It somehow knows exactly how to cut through Sal's defenses, but still its luck does not hold.

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Using flash of insight to get a 20 on the attack roll, but failing to crit.

Axe damage to Sal: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 7 = 13

That is all I've got. Back to our heroes. Round 2.


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

Thren continues to sing as she moves through the brush to get to Sal. Her song changes tune for a few seconds as she dives through the brush, but it never stops. Her blade comes to hand as she closes with the nearest magically-slowed cyclops. The tiefling's blade does glow red as she draws it, as if it were looking forward to the bloodletting to come.

Given that he's using a bow, he shouldn't provoke any AoO as he doesn't threaten. I treated the undergrowth as difficult terrain and just made it into position with a double-move, so this is NOT a charge.

Free action: Inspire courage round 2
Swift action: arcane strike
Move action: move
Standard action: move


That all works for me.


Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

I have taken the liberty of numbering the cyclopes for easier targeting

Riori casts obscuring mist, forming a cloud of fog in front of two of the ogre archers so they cannot see to target their weapons.

She then moves through the trees to a slightly more convenient spot for future actions.


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

Lathiira, just let me know next time what spell you're planning to cast, as I had no idea you had telekinetic charge or wanted to use it. It would have been a good tactic! I thought you wanted to dimension door me.

All of those arrows with your weird die rolling luck hit enlarged Sal (note my altered statblock). I'm not sure of the bow type or any bonuses you have so you'll have to roll that damage.

Assuming she is still standing after getting pincushioned by giant arrows, Sal gets an attack of opportunity on axe wielder (#1) as it approaches the reach of her enlarged weapon.

Attack of Opportunity, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack, Furious Focus: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 27
Damage, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 24

Screaming in a mixture of victory and pain, Sal sidesteps (5 foot step) and follows up striking the axe-wielder again.

Full Attack 1, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack, Furious Focus: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 36
Damage, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 28

Full Attack 2, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack, Furious Focus: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 30
Crit Confirm, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack, Furious Focus: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 15
Probably did not confirm but definitely hit so normal damage
Damage, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 30

That's 82 damage total with a magical adamantine weapon


Male (aquatic subtype) Human (Caldaru) HP: 75/65 AC/FF/T: 20/17/14 F: +6 R: +8 W: +9 CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Cold res 5 Perception +10 Wizard (water elementalist) VMC Sorcerer (aquatic) 9

I'll bear it in mind. I figured that getting our heavy hitter Sal into the fight with a pseudo-pounce could be useful, but I only prepped it once because the spell needs to be experimented with. My prepped spells are of course visible on my profile :)

Ekote stays along the ground and moves up through the underbrush, drawing his wand and preparing to assist Sal or Thren as needed.


Whoops, sorry, Sal. I read the parenthesis in your statblock backwards.

Large Arrow damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Large Arrow damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Large Arrow damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Those three attacks will take down the axe wielding cyclops.


The Cyclops facing Thren drops his bow and draws a massive axe, truly little more than a sharp stone lashed to a fire hardened branch. He swings it downward.

Free action to drop bow. Move to draw Axe. Immediate to use Flash of Insight to get a 20 on the attack roll.

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

I can't see any reason that doesn't confirm the crit, but if I'm wrong let me know.

Great axe damage: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) + 7 = 14
Great axe crit additional damage: 6d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 6, 2, 3) + 14 = 35

The other visible cyclops steps into the mist.

Back to our heroes.


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

Several things: every bow cyclops got caught in a slow spell, so they only get to take a single move or standard action. That effect will last another 8 rounds. So he could drop the bow and draw a weapon, but that's it. Additionally, they take a -1 to attack rolls if affected. Finally...Thren is under displacement, so there's the wonderful 50% miss chance to deal with.


Great. I was sure I was missing some things, but after a long day I couldn't remember what they were. So Thren is in good shape! Thank you.


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

No problem. Let's say Thren doesn't want a repeat of her last cyclopes encounter as she has 0 Hero Points to save herself. Hence, precautions ;-)

Thren watches the large brute in front of her try to react to her with comical speed for barely a second before she launches her attack on the cyclops. The tiefling continues to sing as she stabs at her foe's stomach, magic crackling down her blade....

full attack on #2, first swing: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
iterative attack on #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

damage, attack 1: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Thren's first stab is a solid hit that comes in fast as the creature drops its bow. But her second swing bounces off the side of flat of its axe as she gets too cocky and takes too much time with her follow-up. She looks up at the much larger monster and smiles weakly.

"Uh oh." She mouths between verses.

Full attack: two swings, a miss
Swift action: arcane strike
Free action: maintain inspire courage


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

Does the big "no" symbol on Cyclops 1 mean he's down for the count?


Cannonball Sal wrote:
Does the big "no" symbol on Cyclops 1 mean he's down for the count?

Yes.


Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

Riori moves over to Sal, taking out her starknife as she goes in one hand, and casts cure critical wounds on Sal. While Sal looks like she could still take a beating, Riori figures a lucky strike from one of the giants could end any of them in a moment, especially if what Thren said was true.

Cure Critical Wounds: 4d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 7) + 9 = 27

7,851 to 7,900 of 7,919 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMDQ's Skull and Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.