Falcon's Hollow MiniAP

Game Master Azure_Zero

Maps
Falcon's Hollow
DarkMoon Vale

Droskar's Crucible

Character Images
Boreas,Kinshara,Corindus,Darion

NPC Folder 1
NPC Folder 2

NPC Females:

Recruitable NPC height Reference.
Front Row: Eve, Lady Cirthana, Noya, Vona.
Back Row: Mary, Mina

Recruitable NPC Data

Eve: 5'9"
Lady Cirthana: 5' 10"
Noya: 6'0"
Vona 6'6"
Mary: 6'9"
Mina: 7'6"

NPC Males:

Recruitable NPC Data

Hu Wang: 5'9"
Harold: 6'0"
Jack: 6'0"
Luk: 6'3"
Roger: 6'4"
Duke: 6'5"
Locksly: 6'7"
William: 6'9"


Planned Time Gaps.


1 to 50 of 1,871 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Perched at the edge of civilized lands, the small town of Falcon’s Hollow has always had to rely on itself to solve its problems.
Meanwhile, the uncaring lumber barons squeeze the common folk for every last copper, deaf to their pleas.
Now the hacking coughs of the sick are heard throughout town. The plague has come to Falcon’s Hollow and the town’s leaders can’t be bothered to stop it.

Falcon’s Hollow is also a Den of Vice and Sin live, Where a few good souls keep it from falling further like one long lost civilization of long ago.
But even Sinners and Falcon’s Hollow can earn redemption should the right people step up and redeem it.


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights

I will finish my daily prayers at the church, then like to have a discussion with Lady Cirthana. After that discussion I'll head over to the inn for some food


Lady Cirthana:

Lady Cirthana approaches Darion after he has prayed and asks
"What is it that troubles you?"

Wishing I had a render ready to attach to the name...


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights

"My lady. I thank for your time. I am troubled by my past. I had a mentor that disappeared and I've been searching for him. Actually to be perfectly honesty I have been wandering aimlessly trying to locate him. My wandering has thus far lead me here to your village and church."

"But enough about me, my dear lady, what can I do to be of service here? After all, it has been said to seek what you find, you must forget it and find your self in the service of others."


Lady Cirthana:

Lady Cirthana replies
"I am saddened to hear of your trouble.
If you seek to be of service I ask that you help in finding a cure to rid us of this new plague.
I'm currently not strong enough to bring forth the miracle needed, but maybe Laurel might know something.
You can find Laurel at the Roots and Remedies."


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights

"Thank you my lady, I will seek out Laurel, and I will report back to you when I have news"

I leave the church and make my way to the Jak'a'naps for something to eat and to see if I can wrestle up some able body adventurers to join me

After that I will go to the Roots and Remedies and talk with Laurel


Male Human, AC 17 (T 13, FF 14), CMD 18, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Init +4, Perception +6, HP 27/27 Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Corindus watches the first glow of dawn peak above the hills east of town.

Wisps of chimney smoke already curl into the purplish sky, seemingly dancing in rhythm with the gentle sway of the barge beneath his feet.

The Hyacinth is perhaps the last independent river barge plying the River Foam between Oregent and Falcon's Hollow.
All the others - carrying axes, saws, and new men to use them - are wholly owned by the Lumber Consortium. Corindus would never serve aboard them.

The barge's captain, Ludwig, sleeps in the pilot house while his only deckhand keeps watch. The peg-legged halfling only maintains his independence from the consortium by restricting his trade to fruit, soap, cheap brandy and wine, and other sundries the company didn't supply to its town.

They pulled up to the dock in the dead of night. Had they arrived by day, “Pay Day” would have been waiting at the docks with some goons to set the barge alight. As it was, one of the deputies had likely notified the sheriff of the unexpected arrival.

Before the sun itself crests the hills, Corindus expects that Sheriff Baleson, some deputies, and other trusted men will arrive to help quickly unload their cargo and spirit it away to the Low Market before it could be confiscated by Pay Day.

Closing his eyes and sighing through his nose, Corindus also anticipates yet another attempt from Baleson to recruit him as a deputy.

Corindus wrinkles his nose and fights back a sneeze as sawdust from the nearby cutyard dock creeps upon him like a chill.

”Shouldn’t be long now,” he whispers to the dawn air. "Wonder what he'll ask this time."


The Boat arrives without any troubles to the Docks with Sheriff Deldrin waiting.


Sheriff Deldrin

The Sheriff welcomes Corindus back with the shipment
"Nice to see that they still have not figured out how we are bypassing their tax man.
If you planning on getting water from Brookman's Well, we just put up a notice that the water is likely contaminated with something.
I did not get all the details from Laurel just that the water there is contaminated with a fungus I believe."

cough
"She likely knows a lot more, and might know a cure.
I'd like you to get further details from her and see if she needs anything to make it."


Female Human (Mwangi - Bonuwat) Cleric of Iomedae 2

Kinshara gazed out the window of her room in the Jak'a'Napes. The light of the early dawn was just breaking over the skyline, and the streets were quiet still, empty of the poor souls that found themselves in Falcon's Hollow. She had risen from the poor excuse of a bed that Jak Crimmy had provided for her half an hour earlier but delayed her departure from the cramped room. She wanted to see the sun before she faced this town again.

When Kinshara left three years ago, she had been nearly penniless after paying the fees needed to get out from under the Lumber Consortium's thumb, but had left with her head held high. She never would have imagined that she would return. When she received her confirmation as an acolyte of the Inheritor, she had imagined training to fight at the Worldwound or being posted on the Belkzen frontier. Instead, her prayers had directed her here. Falcon's Hollow once more...the thought made her stomach twist.

As the sun peeked over the forest nearby, Kinshara felt reassured. If the goddess wished her to come to this forsaken place, there must be something she could do to help. How she would do so was still an open question: she couldn't just cut a swath through the Lumber Consortium the way she'd imagined doing so to foul monsters as she learned the sword.

"The day won't see to itself," she murmured to no one in particular. It was time to go. Gathering her pack and strapping her sword on, Kinshara left for the common room of the Jak'a'Napes.


@Kinshara
as you walk down the the Jak'a'Napes you notice a long line building up at the Roots and Remedies. A number of folks in the line have coughing fits at time to time.


Female Human (Mwangi - Bonuwat) Cleric of Iomedae 2

Concerned at the sight of a row of sick individuals so early in the day, Kinshara approaches the front of the line.

"Excuse me," she addresses a group of the men in line. "I just arrived in town, but I know something of healing. What ails you?"

Assuming that no one objects to her trying to help, Kinshara will examine the men in line.

Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


That'll be a Diplomacy Check first.


Female Human (Mwangi - Bonuwat) Cleric of Iomedae 2

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

This brings up a good question. I have Touch of Glory as an available ability. Can I use it on myself here? If so, add one to the roll.


Male Human, AC 17 (T 13, FF 14), CMD 18, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Init +4, Perception +6, HP 27/27 Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Corindus bites his lip and looks away. There are some problems in the Hollow that he could say "no" to getting involved with.

This is not one of them. Baleson's cough makes sure of that.

He quietly slips inside the pilot house to grab his pack. Corindus was already wearing his armor and carrying his weapons, just in case Pay Day's boys had shown up.

"Give Ludwig a few more minutes shut-eye before you wake him up to help unload," Corindus says to Baleson. "Then make sure he gets back on the river safely without me."

Corindus alights onto the dock and takes the road east towards the Low Market, keeping his eyes down to avoid the growing dawn's light, before turning north where he can see the line forming at the herbalist's shop.


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights

Darion notices the acolyte of Iomedae leave the Jak'a'Naps and finds this rather peculiar. He hadn't seen her before while at the church.

"Well if I want to join adventurers then perhaps this acolyte would be interested. Besides even the eggs taste like mutton at this inn. I don't think I could eat the rest anyway "

Darion leaves the Jak'a'Naps to observe what this new acolyte is doing

"Hopefully I can find an opportunity to speak to her...hopefully she gives me the time of day and is interested in adventure"

Darion casts detect magic and surveys the area


Kinshara Medaan wrote:

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+4

This brings up a good question. I have Touch of Glory as an available ability. Can I use it on myself here? If so, add one to the roll.

Yes, you can.

********************

Kinshara is quite diplomatic keeping the crowd clam with her jumping to the front, and it is something Kinshara knowd nothing about.


Sheriff Deldrin

"He does deserve a bit more shut eye from that all nighter."


@Corindus and Darion

You approach the Root and Remedies.
Creeping ivy and full window boxes cover the
façade of the rugged-looking, two-story shop
bearing the faded sign “Roots and Remedies.” A
line of twenty-some somber townsfolk—some
with pale, wheezing children, others seeming
to be precipitously near tears—stretches from
the open door.


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights
DM Azure_Zero wrote:

@Corindus and Darion

You approach the Root and Remedies.
Creeping ivy and full window boxes cover the
façade of the rugged-looking, two-story shop
bearing the faded sign “Roots and Remedies.” A
line of twenty-some somber townsfolk—some
with pale, wheezing children, others seeming
to be precipitously near tears—stretches from
the open door.

While concentrating on Detect Magic does Darion notice anything magical about those that are sick, or anything magical nearby


Mo Magic detected.


Female Human (Mwangi - Bonuwat) Cleric of Iomedae 2

If it wasn't clear, I meant Kinshara to approach the front of the line, but not to get in it. She's trying to help the people there &
speed things along, not to get inside the building at this point.


Kinshara Medaan wrote:
If it wasn't clear, I meant Kinshara to approach the front of the line, but not to get in it. She's trying to help the people there & speed things along, not to get inside the building at this point.

I did read that, it's the one reason they have not gotten a little angry about you being near the front.


Female Human (Mwangi - Bonuwat) Cleric of Iomedae 2

Did I get anything from my Heal check? Kinshara is going to just keep trying to help people until she knows more.


The cause is something you don't know anything about, the wisewoman knows more.


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights

Darion wants to make his was to the door of Roots and Remedies. He will attempt to enter and meet with Laurel. Looking around first he sees some crates that came off a barge that is unloading. He grabs one that says "Roots and Remedies" and attempts to hand deliver the goods to Laurel.

Should he make some kind of roll to bypass the throng of people


Female Human (Mwangi - Bonuwat) Cleric of Iomedae 2

"I've never seen an illness like this before," Kinshara states. "I'll need to speak with Laurel if I'm to help you. Please wait for a moment."

Kinshara tries to enter the biulding. Let me know if I need to make another skill check.


Diplomacy checks to jump the line or enter ahead of those whom been waiting.


Female Human (Mwangi - Bonuwat) Cleric of Iomedae 2

I'll expend another use of Touch of Glory, then. 3/day remain.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Satyr HP 6/9, For. 3, Ref 4, Will 1. AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11. CMD +12, Per +5, SM -1
Skills:
Bluff +8, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +8, Escape Artist +7, K: Geo/Nature +5, Perception +5, Preform (Wind Instruments) +10, Stealth +8, Survival +3

A short and fat Satyr appoaches the small town of Sleepy Hollow Falcon's Hollow. He is a short and somewhat heavier Satyr with greyish-brown hair covering his torso and face. He also has 2 short, curled black horns protruding from his head curving backwards. He wears little, most notably he has a few pouches slung across his hips with different powders and herbs, next to a few bottles of liquor. He also carries a cask of wine slung over his shoulder that sloshes as he walks. He is short, standing around 4'11" tall, and probably about 180lbs, most of which is around his generous stomach. He is playing a plesant little melody on his panpipes as he skips his way down the streets.
Panpipes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

However he does not seem to have much of a destination in mind and stops in the middle of the street. Hmmm. Where to go today? Where to go... I know! I'll go visit Kabran, he is always a good chap to talk to!
And with that the Satyr snaps out of his reprieve, retrieving a flask of whisky, he takes a long drought. Satisfied, he skips off merrily towards the Lady Rogue, playing his panpipes once more.


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

with that kind of roll I'm not likely to get in. I'll try to bluff with the crate in my hands

"Excuse me. Pardon me. Can I please get through with these supplies for Laurel"
Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Male Human, AC 17 (T 13, FF 14), CMD 18, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Init +4, Perception +6, HP 27/27 Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Possessing neither a silver tongue nor a cunning wit, Corindus knows he has little chance of appeasing the crowd. He does not even hazard a smile, self-consciously worrying that his missing teeth would further put off the people.

He moves to the head of the line, trying to avoid outright shouldering his way to the door. Seeing the man holding a crate, Corindus gets an idea.

”Pardon me,” he says, keeping his eyes pressed to the ground. "We're visiting the herbalist on business for the sheriff.”

He hopes the other man, slightly taller but much slighter in build than Corindus, doesn't mind suddenly having an escort.


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights
Corindus Droven wrote:

Possessing neither a silver tongue nor a cunning wit, Corindus knows he has little chance of appeasing the crowd. He does not even hazard a smile, self-consciously worrying that his missing teeth would further put off the people.

He moves to the head of the line, trying to avoid outright shouldering his way to the door. Seeing the man holding a crate, Corindus gets an idea.

”Pardon me,” he says, keeping his eyes pressed to the ground. "We're visiting the herbalist on business for the sheriff.”

He hopes the other man, slightly taller but much slighter in build than Corindus, doesn't mind suddenly having an escort.

Darion eyes the scruffy stronger man a moment and quickly tries to sense his motives before the stronger man has his way with him

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 19

I think this man is doing the same thing I am so I'll play along


Kinshara, Corindus. and Darion
get in the shop without too much trouble

The smell of burnt earth and spicy incense chokes the air of the cramped, mud-tracked shop.
Bunches of dried herbs hang from the ceiling, along with dangling pots, presses, alchemical apparatuses, and glassware of more arcane purposes.
Pouches of rare plants, jars of colored glass, and all manner of dried, preserved, and jellied animal parts fill high shelves and tables doing double duty as displays and workspaces.
In the shop’s rear, a rail-thin woman with severe-l­ooking spectacles and hair pulled back tightly busies herself between an overpacked rack of
herbs, a table covered in stray powders and measuring equipment, and a pot loudly b­ubbling over with thick gray froth.
Over the din of her work and without looking up, the woman impatiently shouts, “And what’s your problem?”

As Mr Summers enters the Lady Rouge
you see Kabran.


Kabran Bloodeye
In a mob style accent
"Ah Mr Summers, that was quite the prank you pulled on that farmer's daughter. It made for quite the laugh and show. I know those present are going to keeping that a memory to not forget. "
and he gives out a hearty laugh.
and has a bit of a laughing smiles as he continues talking
"Oh man good thing you got out during the confusion as she going to find you and deck you one.
Oh and you might be banned from the Sitting Duck as one of the owner's kids ate that fruit too and let's just say it did not help that kids image.
Now if you can get your hands on a stable supply of that "enchanted fruit" we'll allow you to use that supply to help pay your debts here."

He calms himself and becomes more serious and puts his arm on your shoulder
"Mr Summers, myself and my boss needs a little favor done, and since you have quite the debt, your drafted.
We need you to see if the local drug lady may have a cure, and if she has one possible to"


Female Human (Mwangi - Bonuwat) Cleric of Iomedae 2

"I'm back in town, Laurel. I have other business here but it appears that you need some help. What can I do?"


Laurel

"Oh Kinshara, it's nice to see you again.
Though as you can see I'm busy dealing with the Blackscour taint problem."


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights

Darion presents himself to Laurel and says

"Laurel. My name is Darion Holdfast, I too have come here for other reasons but would like to help. I spoke with Lady Cirthana at the church of Iomedae and she referred me to you. I am a scholar and a wizard so perhaps my skills could be of some assistance"


Male Human, AC 17 (T 13, FF 14), CMD 18, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Init +4, Perception +6, HP 27/27 Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

"Unsurprisingly, looks like lots of folks think you're this town's best hope."

Corindus contorts his face as he speaks, struggling to hold back a sneeze. Something wafting in the air is getting to him.

"Call me Corin. The sheriff sent me to, likewise, see what help you need."


Laurel

Laurel replies to Darion
"Oh you the new Kirk boy that arrived. Now assistance would be helpful, but the question is how best you can assist me."

Laurel replies to Corindus
"He did, did he. Then I'm guessing he has it."

Best to ask questions....
Like; What is blackscour?, What is blackscour taint?, how many infected?, is there a cure?, ... etc


Male Human, AC 17 (T 13, FF 14), CMD 18, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Init +4, Perception +6, HP 27/27 Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

"According to Baleson, this has something to do with fungus in the well. He's put the well off limits, I reckon, to prevent further sickness, but how many people are already affected?"

Corindus sniffs at an herb sachet hanging on a support timber, then recoils at the acrid odor.


Laurel

Laurel replies
"I told Deldrin about that before I went to bed last night, since it was something to be concerned about.
Now I would of told him more if I weren't exhausted from doing my work and then a little extra work."

Laurel pauses a bit
"I have confirmed that there is Blackscour in the well, and it is a fungus that’s not good for anything.
Hard, bitter, and sharp, it likes the water and gets you sick if you drink it down.
Never heard of it growing around these parts, though, until now."

Laurel then has a bit more serious of a tone
"Now blackscour taint is a sickness, almost like any other, but you get the mold growing in you.
It starts eating away in your chest and belly and is damned determined to stay.
Your body near turns itself inside-out trying to hack the stuff up, but all that does is cuts your guts up… bad."


Male Human, AC 17 (T 13, FF 14), CMD 18, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Init +4, Perception +6, HP 27/27 Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Corindus looks nauseated, although whether from talk of this fungal infection or the many odors inside the shop is hard to tell.

"Is there a cure? Do you need help preparing or distributing it to folks?"


Laurel

Laurel replies
"Not around here. I’ll get these folks what I can and we’ll see what good it does.
But my grandmother’s book has a brew in it that says its good for this kind of thing.
A weird concoction that sounds more like hoojoo than real medicine."


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights

Darion listens in when she responds to Corindus and he moves closer when he hears hoojoo

"I don't know anything about hoojoo but I am skilled with alchemy and magic. I am also a bit of a scholar. Perhaps I can recall something about the area"

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
"Maybe I'm confusing this area with some other place. But perhaps I could still be of some help. This blackscour, and its taint, they are natural and not magic correct"
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"Perhaps then we could find some of those ingredients for your grandmothers brew and try to create a cure. I'm willing to go looking is anyone willing to come with me."


Laurel

Laurel replies
"The medicine uses some rare roots and concentrations, most of which I have here, but there’s three I don’t.
Elderwood moss, which I’ve never heard of, but granny says the stuff only grows on the oldest tree in a forest.
A specially pickled root called rat’s tail, again, sounds like hoojoo to me.
And seven ironbloom mushrooms, stunty little things that only grow in dark places thick with metal, a favorite among dwarves, or so I hear"

The Knowledge nature check covers what she told you about blackscour. It's a natural fungus.

think of the word "hoojoo" meaning fake medicine.


Male Human, AC 17 (T 13, FF 14), CMD 18, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Init +4, Perception +6, HP 27/27 Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

"So it's just a matter of finding the oldest tree for the moss and finding some dwarves to see about the mushrooms. Would you have any idea where some 'rat's tail' could be found?"


Laurel

Laurel replies
"Well, for the elderwood mold, there’s gotta be an oldest tree in the vale. Damned if I know where it is, though.
The rat’s tail and mushrooms are even longer shots. Way north, toward the mountains, people say there used to live a bunch of dwarves.
They’re not there anymore, but I’d bet their forges are. If you can find ironbloom anywhere around here, that’d be your best bet.
As for the rat’s tail, who knows? Well.
Actually. Ulizmila, the witch that lives deep in the woods might. She’s a crafty, mean thing that knows all sorts of strangeness.
She might even have one. I don’t know what she might want for it, but I doubt it’d come cheap.
My grandmother traded her sight to the old crone for a few pages of what she knew, and that was years and years back, and I don’t know a soul who got any nicer as they got older."


Male Human | Wizard (Diviner: Foresight subschool)/ Level 3| HP: 21/21 | F:+3, R:+3, W:+3| AC: 12 | Diplomacy +2, Perception +6, Knowledge arcana: +9, Knowledge local: +9, Knowledge nature: +9, Knowledge planes: +10, Spellcraft: +10, Craft (alchemy): +9, Use Magic Device +7| Spells; Euphoric Cloud, Detect Thoughts, Summon Minor Monster, Color Spray, Grease, Detect Secret Doors -0- Detect Magic, Acid splash, Dancing lights

What do I know about Ulizmila

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Male Human, AC 17 (T 13, FF 14), CMD 18, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Init +4, Perception +6, HP 27/27 Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Corindus thinks through his experience on the waterways of the Vale, whether he's encountered or heard of the oldest tree in these parts.

Knowledge: Geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

1 to 50 of 1,871 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Falcon's Hollow Mini-AP Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.