Eldbale's The Dragon's Demand

Game Master Brominate

The Dragon's Demand module, starting at level 1
Loot Sheet
Maps & Stats
Player Handouts and Current Quests
Belhaim Locations/Prominent NPC's

Current Encounter: The Wizard's Estate


1 to 50 of 1,073 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Welcome! Please dot and delete here, then head over to the discussion thread.

Thanks!


Kane:
You arrive in Belhaim late in the day, as the sun makes its descent below the Verduran Forest. The town hardly seems like the legacy of a famous dragon slayer, but looks can be deceiving. Belhaim doesn't appear on too many maps, and it seems to be lacking in quite a few services offered in the more luxurious Taldan cities like Cassomir or Oppara. You manage to locate a single inn on the edge of the town bearing the name The Wise Piper. The fine but tough face behind the bar turned out to also be the proprietor of the inn. All is calm as you take a seat by the hearth, taking the opportunity to rest your feet. Your hands and eyes, however, are getting more acquainted with the strange rune-covered battleaxe you recently acquired. The light from the blaze in the fireplace gives the weapon a beautiful and haunting visage of mystery. Later on in the evening, you hear some commotion from outside the inn; footsteps and talking, some laughter. Talia sets down the glass she'd been cleaning (for what seemed like an eternity) and peers out the window. "What in the blazes is the sheriff doing out there?" she says to no one in particular. She opens up the front door and redirects her rhetorical inquiry to an unseen face outside. "Sheriff Benhovy, what on earth do you think you're doing? Do you know wha-" A gravelly voice responds, "Official business. Stay inside. And Tal, keep away from the windows!" With that, the door slams shut, though the innkeeper's hands were currently on her hips. "Pfft! Pelle Benhovy. You petty man." Talia Oren resumes her position by the window.

[b]


Everyone else:
For most of you, nothing would be more boring than signing on as a caravan guard for a small traveling merchant. But you needed the money... or maybe you just needed to get out of Cassomir. With the promise of pay at each stop, depending on success, Silas Gribb says he's fine leaving you behind if you'd prefer it...

"But yed behtter find yerself a replacement first! Or yool be left behin' wit out so much as a bit of coppa!"

As it turned out, there was something more boring: Being a caravan guard for a traveling merchant, walking from Cassomir, up through the Verduran forests. You almost wished something would attack your group just so you could have something to do! Some of you might have found the uneventful day of travel nice - plenty of time to flirt, be rebuked, and flirt again.

Silas Gribb is a pleasant enough man, but he mostly keeps to himself, and answers questions about the goods and the route on a need to know basis, and it so happens to turn out that you don't need to know.

The last few rays of sunlight are fading away as you reach the sleepy town of Belhaim. The gates are opened up and you all venture in. Whoever opened the gate didn't seem to interested in who you were. As you cross a bridge over the lesser tributary, you see Belhaim in all its crammed together glory. Most of you understand why Belhaim doesn't appear on too many maps. As you're approaching the nearest buildings, Silas speaks up for the first time today,

"I's got a few goods to unload here, and then we'll resupply up for the trip to Whispil. There should be an inn around... oh curmudgeon..."

The caravan leader looks distraught as 3 guards approach him. The one on the left seems giddy with excitement, shaking in her chainmail, while the guard on the right stifles a yawn. The large, balding one in the middle appears to have at least a modicum of professionalism, and addresses Silas in an authoritative tone.

"Mr Gribb, I presume? I'm sheriff Benhovy. I'm going to need to take a look at your caravan there."

"Gribb? Gribb who? I's not knowing nobody by no name of Silas Gribb and I would much rather you dittin' go rummagin' thru wut ain't yours."

The sheriff ignores his request as the other two guards begin looking through the caravan. It's not long before several dozens of jars of icky brown liquid are discovered. The sheriff, with an obvious tone of arrogance and accomplishment turns to Gribb,
"Silas?"

"Yes? ... I mean...who?"

It isn't long until Silas is bound in manacles, and hauled off to the town's prison. A few more guards circle the scene, eyeing you suspiciously. When the sheriff returns, he narrows his eyes, and speaks to you,

"You lot. What's your business here? You had better not be involved in this mess, or you'll be joining your friend Mr. Gribb for the night."

What do you do?


Human Cleric of Ragathiel, 3 NG, HP 27/27, AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18, Init +2, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7

The cleric lifts the holy symbol at his neck of the winged bastard sword for the sheriff to see.

”I am a recently ordained Acolyte of The Militant Order of the Church of Ragathiel. I signed on with this man as a lawfully contracted caravan guard, but he was secretive about his goods.”

”I was in need of coin and traveling to this town on personal business as it was and the signed contract appeared legitimate.”

He gestures to the man being led away.

”Since you know our employer and his identity you probably know that we came from Cassomer.”

He then cocks his head towards the jars.

”You have me at a disadvantage though, I don’t know what is in the jars. Is it some kind of contraband?”


Female Human Bloodrager 1 | Speed 30ft | Rage Rounds: 0/10 | Active conditions: Dex damage | HP: 13/13 | AC: 15 (11 T, 14 FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +1 W: -1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (Rage: HP: 15/15 | AC: 13 (9 T, 12 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +1 W: +1)

As the guards laid hands on Gibbs to lead him away, Ngai started forward to intervene but Sheridan's hand on her arm stopped her from any rash action. Deciding to heed her friend's wisdom, she waits to see what will happen, merely nodding her head in agreement with Urchin. "We were hired to guard the caravan, but Master Gibbs never shared his manifest with us."

Peering with interest at the brown goop, Ngai racks her brain trying to figure out what it is.

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Besides, I fail to see what is so illegal about maple syrup!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Human Wizard 1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Kane was finally settled in for the evening, and taking the opportunity to check out his new prize. The runes on the blade in particular was carved almost lovingly into the weapon... it was a well-earned purchase! Pulling out one of his books and laying it out, he started to run his fingers through as his eyes darted between the runes on the blade. His most recent theory in literary magic was that the shape of the writing had some part in the magic being used. So he opted to compare his current notes between Tien writing and Thassalonic runes to see if they matched up! And since Belhaim was home to dragon slaying rumors, he questioned if perhaps they had some items with draconic markings on them. He'd like to get a better look at those too!

Unfortunately, his research was constantly being interrupted by some kind of disturbance going on outside. His attention was finally pulled from his new trinket, however, when the barmaid stepped outside to address the ruckus as well... only to be pushed back inside and view from the window. Kane sighed a bit before putting his book away and wrapping his axe back up in the cloth he'd kept it wrapped in. Seems if he was going to get any peace and quiet, he was going to have to investigate and see what was up.

Standing up and stepping over to the window alongside Talia, he looked outside and tried to observe the ruckus himself. "Is there a legal matter going on outside? I apologize, it just makes reading a bit harder, you know? Perhaps a simple misunderstanding?"


Male Ifrit Rogue - HP:7/14 AC:17 T:13 FF:14 F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 Init:+7 Perc:+5 DrkVisn:60' Enl/Red Inspired PosAttack
Skills:
Intimidate+8 Use Magic Device+8 Pf:Dance+8 Diplomacy+7 Disguise+7 Acrobatics+6 Disable Device+6 Stealth+6 Perception+5 Climb+4

Sheridan steps forward past Ngai, laughing over the Acolyte's question and flashing him a plaintive look. "Sheridan Driftwood, professional bodyguard and positively pleased to see another professional at work. Seeing as how Silas' arrest will likely amount to our loss of pay, maybe we can call this one time served? After all, we have effectively ensured this... whatever-it-is didn't fall into the hands of the local bandits. I'd call that a net positive." The ifrit smiles sweetly and folds his arms behind his back. "Is there anything we can do to help move things along?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


***Inside The Wise Piper***
Talia shushes the only current patron of her inn, without so much as a tilt of the head or glance in his direction, and speaks impatiently, but not without warmth.

"Shhh! I'm trying to listen. SHSHHHH!" (Kane didn't move or make a sound) "I see something approaching...might be a caravan or carriage..."

Suddenly, she whirls around and stares at Kane, inches away from his face.

*awkward beat*

"Excuse me, darlin'." She steps forward, causing you to take a step back (or several, if she makes him nervous) "One thing you should know about Belhaim: simple misunderstandings have a habit of turning into big, complex, sometimes violent beasts. It's mostly the Abadarans who won't leave well enough alone. Not stay absolutely quiet. Imma crack the window an inch or two so maybe I can hear. I suppose we can share the window. But you have to bring your own ear!"

She turns and quietly unlatches the window open and pushes it out maybe an inch.


***Outside The Wise Piper***

The sheriff's eyes seem to get even narrower as he eyes the Ifrit up and down for a moment.

"Don't toy with me, freak."

He returns his attention to everyone else he can see, giving each a hard stare as if that alone might cause a confession of guilt. When that doesn't work, he barks,

"All right, fine, but don't get into any trouble while you're here. And try not to be here too long, either."

The guards disperse and take the caravan with them, leaving the four of you by yourselves next to the inn. Sheridan was right, it definitely doesn't look like you're going to get paid for your caravan work any time soon.

Once the guards have vacated, before anyone gets a word out, you hear a quick, light, smacking sound, then the door to inn flies open, flooding warm light onto the ever darkening road. A pale but tough looking woman takes a few steps into the road and beckons the party over.

"C'mon poor dears, you will be welcome here tonight. Come and rest and let tomorrow worry about it's own troubles for the time being.
..
.
Hurry up, you lot! I don't have all night!"

She stands next to the entryway, waiting for you to comply.


Yantri Ironshield | Dwarf Gunslinger 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 22/22 | Grit: 3/3 | AC: 17 (14 T, 13 FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Ammo: 17 Cartridges

Yantri's narrow as she witnesses Silas's conversation and then arrest. Did they just put Silas in bondage? What else do people do others in these cities? Her gaze then darts nervously between the jars and the Sherrif and she's about to stutter out an explanation before Urchin and Ngai speak up. Hearing their relative calm helps her not to panic right away, but her fight or flight reflex remains close the the surface as Sheridan steps in to diffuse the situation. She swallows involuntarily and starts to look for the most likely avenues of escape.

Yantri, though not actually guilty of anything other than being a caravan guard who didn't know its cargo was contraband, looks extremely nervous. This could easily be taken as appearing she has something to hide.

Then the miracle happens, and the Sherrif goes away without takign anyone else. When the door opens and the woman invites them in, Yantri pulls her cloak over her face and wastes no time heading in, out of the open streets, mumbling a quiet "Thanks," as she passes.


Female Human Bloodrager 1 | Speed 30ft | Rage Rounds: 0/10 | Active conditions: Dex damage | HP: 13/13 | AC: 15 (11 T, 14 FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +1 W: -1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (Rage: HP: 15/15 | AC: 13 (9 T, 12 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +1 W: +1)

"What a thoroughly unpleasant little man", Ngai mentions to nobody in particular. She stares at his retreating back for a few seconds, then with a small shake comes back to herself. Trotting back to the last wagon, she grabs her pack, then heads back toward the inn door. At least everyone in this town isn't an ass, she thinks as she smiles brightly at the innkeeper.

She files in silently, standing next to Yantri and peering around the empty common room. At least it looks like there will be a room available.


Male Ifrit Rogue - HP:7/14 AC:17 T:13 FF:14 F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 Init:+7 Perc:+5 DrkVisn:60' Enl/Red Inspired PosAttack
Skills:
Intimidate+8 Use Magic Device+8 Pf:Dance+8 Diplomacy+7 Disguise+7 Acrobatics+6 Disable Device+6 Stealth+6 Perception+5 Climb+4

The sheriff says 'freak' and luckily for everyone involved, he turns away as Sheridan lights up like a bonfire. It would likely be the last time this 'freak' opts for the easy way with the local authorities.

When the innkeep arrives to welcome them in, the ifrit cools with an audible hiss. "See? No one's lost any extremities yet, and we've got friendly lodgings. Still one of our better days, eh Ngai?" Eager to move on from this bit of ugliness, Sheridan gets busy following the woman's gestures into the building.

"Buck up, Deadeye," Sheridan touches Yantri's elbow, "bandits come in all shapes and titles, and when it comes to bringing bandits to their knees, I'm simply the best." If he manages to make eye contact, he'll wink.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yantri visibly relaxes some more in the interior of the inn. Remembering to breath helps, and her heartbeat slows some. At Sheridan's gentle touch she looks up and catches the wink, even managing a small smile in return. "Out there in the open I can handle whatever bandits or worse we might encounter. Here in a big city like this ..." She trails off for a moment before continuing, "But I'll learn. I just need to sort out some ground rules. Does getting your wrists clipped like Silas just did happen often? I don't think I could abide by that."

Yantri then shift her gaze down to the floor as she tries to find her center. When she looks up she tries to look everyone in the inn in the face and nods to each of her companions from the Caravan.

Kane gets a cursory glance, and Talia a thankful nod, "I don't know your name miss, but mine's Yantri. I thank you for your kindness."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Human Wizard 1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Kane listened in, a little put off by the sheriff's nasty demeanor... then again, small towns keep to themselves. Outsiders get a little more flak than they should. He suspected his noble bearing bought him a bit of grace in that regard. Still, it seemed settled without a fight, or a need to even get involved. For that, he was grateful. Though he was a little surprised that the red-haired fellow practically lit up like a holiday tree! He must be an ifrit... fascinating! And he seemed friendly enough... perhaps he could coax a bit of Ignan writing out of him!

As Talia invites the others in, Kane retreats from his window and returns to his table by the fire. Give 'em some room, let them breathe... seemed like a friendly enough crowd!

For his part, Kane opted to return to his studies, pulling out his book and a pencil, before carefully unwrapping his axe and consulting the runes on it once more. Every so often, he jotted notes on his book, clearly copying the runes to the page before settling down again... though this time, he did take time to quietly listen in on the new arrivals.


Male Ifrit Rogue - HP:7/14 AC:17 T:13 FF:14 F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 Init:+7 Perc:+5 DrkVisn:60' Enl/Red Inspired PosAttack
Skills:
Intimidate+8 Use Magic Device+8 Pf:Dance+8 Diplomacy+7 Disguise+7 Acrobatics+6 Disable Device+6 Stealth+6 Perception+5 Climb+4

"Judging from the rescue, I'd say it happens a little too often here- Thank you, ma'am, you have a lovely business and a heart of gold." Sheridan gives Talia a shallow but slow bow of the head and shoulders.


Female Human Bloodrager 1 | Speed 30ft | Rage Rounds: 0/10 | Active conditions: Dex damage | HP: 13/13 | AC: 15 (11 T, 14 FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +1 W: -1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (Rage: HP: 15/15 | AC: 13 (9 T, 12 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +1 W: +1)

Ngai nods absently to Sheridan's question, as her eyes followed the room's only other occupant crossing to a table. When the man pulls out his battle axe, her eyes widen and she puts her hand on the hilt of her sword. Moving in the direction of the table, she stops halfway there, calling over her soldier, "Guys! I think all the people in this town are crazy!"

She isn't moving to attack or anything, but she balances on the balls of her feet, ready for whatever comes.


Human Cleric of Ragathiel, 3 NG, HP 27/27, AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18, Init +2, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7

A small smile creeps on the dark haired acolytes lips when he hears the dwarf proclaim this two rut town a “big city”.

”They are called manacles, not clips, Yantri. And you earn them for criminal activity. I don’t know what Silas had in the jars, but he didn’t even try to offer a defense for having them. They were some kind of contraband.”

The cleric nods to the innkeeper.

”Thank you for your hospitality. I don’t have any coin to purchase a room for the night. Hopefully your common room is open.”

For a moment there is another question for the woman, but it dies on his lips. He breaks the hesitation with a look in the direction of the caravan that’s being led off.

”I suppose that triggers the unforseen circumstances clause of the contract. He doesn’t get paid and neither do we . . . “

He glances at the hulking Ngai‘s posture and antics as he moves into the main room. With a roadweary and defeated tone he sinks into a seat waving his wrist at the massive woman.

”Relax yourself and grab a seat, the only one looking crazy here is you. You look like you expect to be attacked at any moment. By whom? Our host or the man of letters in the corner? We might as well enjoy having a roof over our heads and actual furniture to sit upon.”

To be clear he is saying it with the familiarity of someone who has been a companion on the road with her for several days and campfire nights.


Yantri Ironshield | Dwarf Gunslinger 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 22/22 | Grit: 3/3 | AC: 17 (14 T, 13 FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Ammo: 17 Cartridges

As Yantri listens to Urchin's explanation a faint scowl plays across her face. "Manacles, eh? And you can earn them just by carrying something you're not s'posed to? Taking away someone's freedom rather than even tryin to work things out with words seems severe. These big cities might not be for me at all ..." As she notices Ngai's alarm she turns to see what has her so up in arms.

Noting the axe at Kane's table she can see the workmanship from where she is and nods slightly in approval. Walking up behind Ngai, she reaches up as far as she can toward her shoulder and gives a gentle pat. "Now that one's just taking care of his weapon. Look, he's not out to use it or it'd be in his hands and he'd be looking at us like you're looking at him. Taking care of your equipment shouldn't be a threat ... or should it? Is this another of these city things?"

Yantri scowls again and shakes her head as she tries to puzzle out what the rules of this place are.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Human Wizard 1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init +2 | Perc +1

You know that mood you get in when you've gotten a present you were really looking forward to, and after opening it up and playing with it for a few minutes, you have to pause and address something else, when all you really want to do is get back to your present?

That's about where Kane is right now.

Between the sheriff, Ms. Talia, and these noisy newcomers, it seemed like peace was becoming a distant hope for the wizardly noble. Pausing in his writing, he mutters just loud enough to be heard, but doesn't look up so as to invite any sort of confrontation. "I don't know about crazy, but certainly noisy enough..." he mused, before digging back into his work.

Hopefully, in due time, they'd grab some drinks, settle down, and things might be a tad more peaceable... until then, all he could do was focus.


The woman nods at each of you as you enter the inn and closes the door behind her once everyone is in. In this better light, you are able to look upon your savior in greater detail. A slim Taldan woman of maybe 40 winters; clad in a sky blue apron with a long-tailed bird stitched in silver thread on her left breast. Black hair peeked out from under her rainbow-colored shawl.

Knowledge (religion) DC 10:
You recognize the long-tailed songbird as the symbol of Shelyn

DC 15:
You recall that Shelyn is the goddess of art, beauty, love, and music, known also as The Eternal Rose.

"Well, it's not really fair to leave you stranded here. The name's Talia Orem and this is my establishment. Welcome to the Wise Piper Inn! Rooms are free for the night, okay dears?"

In response to Yantri and Sheridan, she says

"We actually don't see all that much crime. But, my dwarven friend, from your descriptions and from what I saw, it seems like your employer was in position of an extremely addictive and illegal drug. My guess would probably be Pesh. Well, I don't personally care all that much for the sheriff, but we in Belhaim have avoided the drug problems most cities have. And if he was going to sell that wretched stuff in my town, then good riddance."

She suddenly gets cheery again and addresses the room:

"I've just finished baking some bread so in the morning I'll drizzle on some honey and feed you all breakfast and WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?!"

She (over)reacts to N'gai, who looks ready to pounce. But when one of the others, a mild-mannered fellow, starts reasoning with him, she waits until the situation has resolved itself.

She curtly states,"I think tomorrow you'd be well advised to move on or find other sleeping arrangements. Goodnight. Try not to burn down my building."

With that she exits through a door behind the bar.


Female Human Bloodrager 1 | Speed 30ft | Rage Rounds: 0/10 | Active conditions: Dex damage | HP: 13/13 | AC: 15 (11 T, 14 FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +1 W: -1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (Rage: HP: 15/15 | AC: 13 (9 T, 12 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +1 W: +1)

Ngai glares at the priest for a moment, saying, "You mean the man of letters who pulled a battleaxe?" Shaking her head, she turns back to Yantri. "Perhaps. Maybe things are different in the city. From where I was raised, when someone brandishes a weapon, its not unreasonable to think they might use it. But perhaps I overreacted."

Turning back to the seated man, she says, "My apologies for my outburst. I will leave you to... whatever it is you're doing over there." Visibly dismissing him, she turns to her companions. "I guess accommodations are up to us. Be back in a moment."

With that, Ngai heads up the stairs to pick out a room.

Not sure how the inn was laid out, one story or what have you. So took some creative liberties.


Male Ifrit Rogue - HP:7/14 AC:17 T:13 FF:14 F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 Init:+7 Perc:+5 DrkVisn:60' Enl/Red Inspired PosAttack
Skills:
Intimidate+8 Use Magic Device+8 Pf:Dance+8 Diplomacy+7 Disguise+7 Acrobatics+6 Disable Device+6 Stealth+6 Perception+5 Climb+4

At the innkeeper's sudden change of mood, Sheridan sighs. It would be very easy for someone to settle into despair, knowing little else but scorn in humanoid settlements, but Sheridan was endlessly fascinated by their delicacy and determination.

When Ngai leaves, Sheridan is left behind her, leaning forward with his arms folded behind him. "Your handwriting is very clean- makes it easier to read. I usually get distracted when there are too many words. Is that why you've got the axe? The letters?" The Ifrit is very careful around the loose leaf paper, aware that he stood the chance of leaving burn marks if he were to touch them.


Human Cleric of Ragathiel, 3 NG, HP 27/27, AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18, Init +2, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7

After the disappointment at the end of the road and the turn of events the cleric calls after Ngai who starts up the stairs. In Jean-Luc Picard style.

”My gosh. One would think there weren’t even any barns where some of you were raised.”

”First off this isn’t a city, you might call it a settlement or a village maybe, but it’s not even a walled town. I am sure the inhabitants want to call it a town.”

”Second, we all have weapons! Get over it. Heck the dwarf is basically carrying a bomb that could go off in her face at any moment and that woman invited us in here FOR FREE and you already screwed that up Ngai. Word of caution if you go into a general store around here there will be weapons. The storekeep isn’t pulling one on you he is trying to sell what he can to feed his family.”

”Third, the man there is obviously studying that axe and making notes. He never brandished anything near you. Unless you think he is going to actually be able to fling it at you with his turkey quill pen?”

”Fourth you’ve got to learn to handle yourself in pulblic. You are 6’ 5” giant and your boyfriend glows in the dark and is part demon. Flipping out acting like you are going to go full orc doesn’t help your cause.”

”And fifth and lastly, I concur wholeheartedly with you sir. Gesturing to Kane They have been both crazy and noisy the whole time.”

In Celestial:
”General give me strength to make it through this, is this what you had in mind for me here. A Trial of Patience?”


Female Human Bloodrager 1 | Speed 30ft | Rage Rounds: 0/10 | Active conditions: Dex damage | HP: 13/13 | AC: 15 (11 T, 14 FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +1 W: -1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (Rage: HP: 15/15 | AC: 13 (9 T, 12 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +1 W: +1)

At Urchin's words, Ngai stops and turns to him. The more the small man speaks, the angrier she gets. When he finally runs down, she visibly grabs hold of her temper. Reopening her eyes, she says quietly but firmly, "Did I kick your dog accidentally? Accidentally spit in your porridge? Somehow offend you to the point where you think its acceptable to speak to me like that?"

Her eyes widen, as if something occurs to her. "Wait - are you jealous?? Sheridan is not my boyfriend, though I will admit he is a well put together man." She peers back over his shoulder into the room again for a moment, then continues, "Whatever the reason, I'll ask politely this time. You are not my husband, you are not my owner - please do not act like it. Please do not act like I am somehow less than you.

"Now, I'm willing to forget this - should Master Gribb be released, perhaps we will be companions again. I'm speaking to you with respect - I would appreciate the same from you going forward. Does that sound fair to you?"


Whether you choose to sleep in the common room you’re in, or find a bedroom upstairs, or fall asleep studying a rune-covered battleaxe, you all eventually find some rest and leave the day behind you. The night passes without incident.


Yantri Ironshield | Dwarf Gunslinger 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 22/22 | Grit: 3/3 | AC: 17 (14 T, 13 FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Ammo: 17 Cartridges

With the fire going in the common room, Yantri sees no reason to settle anywhere else for the night, thought she does scout the rest of the inn to make sure she knows the layout in case an unexpected exit is called for. Sleeping in the relatively safety of an enclosed area, knowing that allies are near makes for a restful night, and she wakes early, refreshed, and contemplative.

I need to get out of this place to see if I can't forage some more berries and do a little trapping to replenish my supplies, but these people seem my best chance to hook up with some sort of paying job. I should also scout the town to see what they might have in the way of alchemists supplies, but it's certainly not worth encountering anyone like the Sheriff accidentally on my own. I'm sure someone will be up in a bit.

As the dawn breaks, she pulls out her musket and fondly cleans every part, checking for any flaws that she's missed, knowing she won't find any, but reassured by the ritual. She bides her time, waiting for others to make their appearances.


Human Cleric of Ragathiel, 3 NG, HP 27/27, AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18, Init +2, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7

************The converstation with Ngai************

Ngai for some reason I keep picturing your character as Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones, but more back woods Arkansas style. Is that accurate?

Acolyte Stone remains seated and calm.

”Respect? You insulted our host, made her fell threatened, falsely accused an innocent man of brandishing a weapon, and the worse part about it is you don’t even see your part in it.”

The cleric says in aspiration.

”Look, you may not like my words, but you should think about them. Especially in a small community like this. I am trying to bring things to your attention that will make your life a lot easier. Would I be a better campanion to let you unintentionally alienate yourself and remain silent?”

”I have business in this town like and it or not the bond of our fellowship is reciprocal. Please be aware that your actions will affect more than just you.”

The character has never used the name “Urchin” with any of the other characters.


Female Human Bloodrager 1 | Speed 30ft | Rage Rounds: 0/10 | Active conditions: Dex damage | HP: 13/13 | AC: 15 (11 T, 14 FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +1 W: -1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (Rage: HP: 15/15 | AC: 13 (9 T, 12 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +1 W: +1)

Sorry, what have we been calling you, then? Stone? And no, more like Grace Jones in the Conan sequel. Its just that the Paizo website doesn't have any african-american barbarian avatars.

Oops , you edited your post. Let me make a change

"Why do you assume the man is innocent? Because he fits your definition of a civilized man, and is therefore more automatically in the right? I may have learned Common from an educated man, but by my dress and skin tone I am nothing more than a savage?

I regret insulting our host, even though it was not intended. And regarding making her feel threatened, I did not even pull a weapon unlike this stranger. I admitted I may have misunderstood his motives, but again, why are you so quick to trust?"

Ngai shakes her head slowly. "No, don't answer - I don't want to know, and in the end it doesn't matter. You have moderated your tone, so I am willing to leave it alone. Remember that I am not a child, nor an object, and we will get on as best as can be expected. I liked you once, I would like to do so again."


Human Cleric of Ragathiel, 3 NG, HP 27/27, AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18, Init +2, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7

**********In the common room after things have calmed down**********

The cleric approaches Yantri with a chagrin smile upon his face.

”I have to take a bit of my own advice.”

”I wronged you. I am willing to admit I would be about as at home in the deep woods alone as you might in an actual city. On the road you kept to yourself and never an unkind word from you reached my ears. I made some statements about you and your weapon out of frustration and none of it was deserved.”

”For that I am sorry. I hope you will accept my apology.”


Yantri Ironshield | Dwarf Gunslinger 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 22/22 | Grit: 3/3 | AC: 17 (14 T, 13 FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Ammo: 17 Cartridges

************The aftermath of the conversation between Stone and Ngai************

Yantri, watching the conversation between Ngai and Acolyte stone, feels her own anger rise as she is referenced. Watching Ngai shrug off her own rage helps Yantri gain perspective, and she recalls how much the past half hour has weighed on her as well.

With a characteristic frown, she addresses Stone. "Acolyte Stone, I think I believe you. You mean well. I also think that you're tired and could choose your words more tactfully.

"I'm tired. I think that you're tired, Ngai is tired, Sheridan is tired, we're all tired. A good night's sleep is going to do us all some good. This isn't my environment; I'm not going to shine here. You're right, I wasn't raised by any barns and I hope that the ones you were raised by help you feel better about yourself, though that makes as little sense to me as most of this evening has. For now I propose we sleep. Words spoken after rest will likely serve us all better.

"I'm going to stake out a spot by the fire. I think we'll all be better off tomorrow morning, and we can talk again then."


Female Human Bloodrager 1 | Speed 30ft | Rage Rounds: 0/10 | Active conditions: Dex damage | HP: 13/13 | AC: 15 (11 T, 14 FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +1 W: -1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (Rage: HP: 15/15 | AC: 13 (9 T, 12 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +1 W: +1)

As the next morning dawns, Ngai smiles back at the sun as she runs through her exercise routine. She then gets dressed and heads down to the common room. Seeing Yantri at a table cleaning her weapon, she pulls up a chair to join her. "I want to apologize for losing my temper last night. I overreacted to the situation, and then got defensive because I felt shame. You were sweet to guide me on the path."

With a grimace, she continues, "I will admit that even Master Stone was trying to help, in his typical... diplomatic fashion. While I meant many of the things I said to him, I put them poorly. In any case, I am sorry for any distress I may have caused you all. I will apologize to the others when they awake."


Yantri Ironshield | Dwarf Gunslinger 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 22/22 | Grit: 3/3 | AC: 17 (14 T, 13 FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Ammo: 17 Cartridges

Yantri smiles and nods welcome as Ngai approaches. She listens to what the Warrior has to say before throwing her head back and laughing a deep belly laugh. Before Ngai has a chance to take offense, she recovers herself enough to say "You're apologizing to me? I'm the one that almost drew my Musket back when I thought the Sheriff was about to bind all our wrists in steel. So you mistook an axe in the open for a threat? I think I've still got you beat. Besides, I'll welcome someone besides myself who isn't quite at home here."

Calming some, Yantri gets to the business at hand. "You said what you said last night and you meant it. Stone did as well. No one was at their finest, but we'll all live. If apologies make you both feel better you can make them, but I'm more concerned about what happens next. I don't know if I can trust another caravan job, but I need something to gain some coin. I'm hoping that someone in this inn can help me figure out how to navigate this City to figure out how we can achieve that."


Human Cleric of Ragathiel, 3 NG, HP 27/27, AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18, Init +2, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7

**********With Ggai**********
Okay, excellent description for imagining your character and I didn’t realize your character was from the expanse.
The cleric nods.

”Blind trust is foolish, but I can trust my eyes and a persons actions.”

”You may not have noticed our hostesses dress and religious holy symbols. The Goddess Shelyn encourages creativity and inspires the world. She challenges her faithful to test their limits, share what they create, and delight in the gifts of others. Their followers protect the innocent and attempt to right wrongs done to them. Perhaps most importantly, Shelyn preaches and practices that true beauty comes from within. An important aspect of my Patron’s relationship with the Goddess. Your skin tone means nothing to me nor does Sheridan’s heritage for that manner for General Vengeance If half fiend himself and leads the Army of the Heavens. It is actions and deeds that matter.”

”I believe your heart is good, but those who don’t understand your custom may misinterpret your intentions.”

”The man sitting here had no idea we were coming so his being here could not be contrived. When we arrived he made room for us and kept to himself. By dress and manner he is a civilized man and innocent of any action against any of us.”

”For what it’s worth, had he acted against you I would have acted in defense of you as well.”

”After we sleep the world may look different in the morning.”


Talia enters the common room the next morning and sees that the she-dwarf and the temperamental woman are already awake. Seeing a table and some chairs in new locations, she guesses at least one person found a bed by the hearth instead of going upstairs. She avoids looking at N'gai directly, the way a person avoids staring into the eyes of wolf for fear it might attack.

"Good morning, dearies! You sure are up early. Let me get you some breakfast."

She goes through a different door behind the bar that must lead to the kitchen. In a few minutes she's back with a personal-sized loaf of bread, drizzled with honey, on a plate and hands it to Yantri.

"Here you are dear. Did you sleep down here by the fire? I have a dwarf-sized accommodations; should be the last room of the upstairs hall, right-hand side. Halfling across the hall, not that you'd need that. Well, in any case, you may eat here or at the long table in the middle of the room. I'll be right back with a drink. Water, mead, or my special breakfast ale?"

She begins crossing back to the kitchen and is gone for a few minutes.

When she comes back out, she has Yantri's drink, another plate of bread, and a mug of water. She gives the water and bread to N'gai and then hands Yantri her chosen beverage.

She goes about her normal routine of opening unlocking the door and prepping for the day. As each person comes down, she offers them the honey-drizzled bread, gestures to the long rectangular table in the middle of the room, and asks if would like some water (just water). When Kane comes down, she has prepared bread for him too. He'd already paid for his entire stay, including meals at the inn.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Human Wizard 1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init +2 | Perc +1

*********************Night prior**************************

Kane continued to work on his battleaxe, utterly engrossed in his studies, though when the other approached and offered some apologies and words of mending, he nodded and smiled back. He wasn't mad, really, he was just eager to check out his new toy!

So eager, in fact, that he continued his writing through the night before finally slumping over shortly before the tavern fire went out, snoring as he fell asleep at his work

**********Morning*************

Kane woke up to find his face sticking to his notes as he sat up. Scrubbing the paper from his face, he shook himself awake before looking around to see the new arrivals at their table, clearly discussing the night before and, no doubt, their current predicament. From the sound of it, they were out of a job and, based on Ms. Talia's words last night, out of a place to stay! But they seemed friendly enough... perhaps...

Standing up, gathering his notes and his new axe, Kane approached the table and bowed politely. "Salutations, friends. I believe an apology for my demeanor last night is overdue, and an introduction far moreso. I fear you caught me in a selfish moment last night. You see, I have spent the past three months looking to acquire this axe... and the past week of travel selfishly eager to examine it. May I?" He motioned to an empty seat, clearly asking for permission to sit. Provided the others don't object, he gladly takes a seat and nods.

"My name is Kane Artorius Callahan, First Son of House Callahan of Oppara, Heir to the Dukedom of the Callahan Estate. But most folks find 'Kane' to be faster." He smiled, before pulling out his book and opening it, flipping through the pages as he spoke. "I'm a self-professed student of Language and Literature. Writing and words are my passion, and, if my theory is correct, the axe I was shamelessly fawning over last night is my latest acquisition: a weapon of immaculate design and, more importantly, carved with Ulfen runes. I was eager to compare it to both my own notes of Thassalonian runes and a specific form of Tien writing." He flipped to one page and pulled out a strip of paper with curious foreign symbols written on them. "I have a theory that writing itself is inherently magical... and with the runes on my axe, I might be able to prove that, to a degree! The thesis alone could put my work on the map, and open a whole new avenue of magical theory!"

He took a breath, calming himself from his excitement before smiling. "Apologies. My studies are exciting to few others, I imagine. But I felt an excuse for my behavior last night was appropriate. Regardless, I wouldn't demand your time without a good reason. From the sound of it, you all are without gainful employment or a place to rest, correct?" He tapped his finger on the table a bit before nodding. "I might be able to assist with that, if the offer interests you."

Ack! Sorry, GM beat me to it! Lemme adjust slightly!

As Ms. Talia brought him his morning meal, Kane nodded and smiled politely. "Excellent! Thank you, Ms. Talia. My apologies for commandeering so much of your space. I fear my work tends to fan out of its own accord."


Female Human Bloodrager 1 | Speed 30ft | Rage Rounds: 0/10 | Active conditions: Dex damage | HP: 13/13 | AC: 15 (11 T, 14 FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +1 W: -1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (Rage: HP: 15/15 | AC: 13 (9 T, 12 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +1 W: +1)

Ngai shoots a quick look at Yantri, then nods to the man, "Of course you are welcome, please have a seat. My name is Ngai M'katu, warrior by trade, and this is my friend Yantri Ironshield. Pleasure to meet you."

Upon hearing Kane's offer, she smiles even wider. "We do seem to find ourselves at liberty at the moment. Even should Master Gribb prove his innocence, our contract was on a per-trip basis. Though you may want to wait until the rest of our friends awaken, as they will likely be interested in your offer as well.

"In the mean time, you say you are a scholar of language?"

In Polyglot:
"Any chance you understand my native tongue? It has been long since I've heard it."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ifrit Rogue - HP:7/14 AC:17 T:13 FF:14 F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 Init:+7 Perc:+5 DrkVisn:60' Enl/Red Inspired PosAttack
Skills:
Intimidate+8 Use Magic Device+8 Pf:Dance+8 Diplomacy+7 Disguise+7 Acrobatics+6 Disable Device+6 Stealth+6 Perception+5 Climb+4
Ngai M'katu wrote:
Sorry, what have we been calling you, then? Stone? And no, more like Grace Jones in the Conan sequel. Its just that the Paizo website doesn't have any african-american barbarian avatars.

Female ranger has a couple options that look barbarian-y.

~~Last Night~~
As the argument cools, Sheridan returns his sap to his belt. "Elemental... for the record. I think Demons are from the outer sphere."

~~In the Morning~~
Sheridan found someplace to sleep which fit an intersection between stone construction and fire adjacency. He's not prone to setting beds on fire, but he's woken up to fewer buckets of water when sleeping on hearths. After stoking the fire, Sheridan spends the early morning stretching and contorting in a practiced series of poses like a dance. At the offer of food and drink, Sheridan accepts the food with a polite nod. He would have preferred meat, but he was grateful for the free meal.

When Kane decides to join them, the rogue nods. "Anything would be good, really. I've barely got two coins to rub together owing to a last-minute armory purchase, and I doubt this place has more than a few silver for a performer. That won't get me more than another night off the street."


Human Cleric of Ragathiel, 3 NG, HP 27/27, AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18, Init +2, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7

The cleric comes in from outside freshly shaven and smelling of soap.

He greets Talia.

”I failed to lead with a rose last night, but I feel much better after a full nights rest. Hopefully you will find a rough stone hides a diamond, a drab face may hide the heart of a saint. The sunrise was beautiful and full of promise. Thank you for the rescue.”

He happily accepts the offered bread with honey and requests to try her special breakfast ale. Using a knife and fork he takes his time savoring the fresh bread.

He hold up a chunk of bread with golden honey dripping off of it to Yantri.

”In the city liquid gold like this is rare. Honey, one of life’s treasures more easily found in the country. Some of the bakers would use a little in the butter they brushed over the top of their loaves if you could afford afford them. I remember the smell. Only merchants and nobles would have it in this form for a causal meal. This is outstanding.”

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Human Wizard 1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Kane smiled, nodding and taking a bite of his bread. "Of course. I would not extend the offer to one at the expense of the others. It is little more than a repeat of your prior offer: I am travelling home to Oppara, and my prior caravan seems to have left ahead of schedule. I should appreciate a bit of protection on the journey home. I'm afraid my current funds are... lacking. But I would have enough to see us the rest of the way, and be more than willing to compensate you on our arrival."

As Ngai speaks, Kane grows quickly fascinated by the language. His eyes focus on her mouth and his mind catalogs the words, before flipping quickly through his book and consulting it. "...fascinating. What language is that? It sounds almost like a... a mixture of orc, dwarven, and... intriguingly, Taldane, if I had to wager money. It's an entrancing mixture... rough consonants and stilted throat vocalizations being funneled into the more refined Taldane vocabulary..."

He pulled out a pencil and slid the book towards Ngai. "I apologize, but, would you mind writing a few words of it down on this page?" He looked back at Sheridan, before sheepishly adding. "And... forgive my prying, but you are an Ifrit, yes? Perhaps... I could trouble you for a bit of Ignan writing? I have something of a side theory that elemental languages are connected in a tangential manner to Draconic, and I would love to get a sample for my studies."


Male Ifrit Rogue - HP:7/14 AC:17 T:13 FF:14 F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 Init:+7 Perc:+5 DrkVisn:60' Enl/Red Inspired PosAttack
Skills:
Intimidate+8 Use Magic Device+8 Pf:Dance+8 Diplomacy+7 Disguise+7 Acrobatics+6 Disable Device+6 Stealth+6 Perception+5 Climb+4

While the cleric apologizes to Talia, Ngai can feel Sheridan's hand grip her knee under the table. He's staring at them with a broad, dreamy smile and a fire behind his eyes. He speaks quietly so Ngai can hear. "I had no idea the sarge was so..." Conflict crosses his expression, and he returns his attention to his bread. "A tongue reserved for fair maidens, I suppose." Sheridan's skin dulls to a cool bronze.

To Kane's inquiry, Sheridan shrugs. rather than taking the pen offered, Sheridan writes on the paper by singing it with his finger. The heat in his hand concentrates momentarily into the end of a pointed nail, and the characters left behind have a halo of orange-brown.

Ingan Poetry:
Men are pigs. They dispense decency more shrewdly than coin.


Human Cleric of Ragathiel, 3 NG, HP 27/27, AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18, Init +2, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7

”I spent most of my life in Cassomir and someday I would like to visit the Gilded City, but I have business here in town. Thank you for you offer of employment however.”

The cleric asked conversationally,

”Have you been here long? Gotten to know any of the locals outside of Ms. Talia?”

He watches the wizards face awaiting his reply.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Human Wizard 1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 12/12 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Kane nodded as he studied the written words, before taking a bit of his bread and pulling out a piece of paper to jot down some more notes. "Fascinating..." Whatever has him spellbound is a mystery he doesn't expound upon, instead taking another bite of bread.

"I'm afraid I've only been here since yesterday noon. I've heard tales of a history of dragon slayers in this town, and while I hadn't planned to stay long, I was hoping to pick up a relic or even a book with Draconic writing. But I've yet to meet any of the other folks in town. Not that Miss Talia's company has not been satisfactory!" he stated, nodding politely towards his hostess before continuing at his food.

"So you have business in town? Then your arrival with your companions is more a pleasant coincidence than deliberate planning?"


Before an answer can be given to Kane's query, the walls of the inn start rattling as though shaken by thunder!

Spoiler:

Perception Kane: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Perception Sheridan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception Ngai: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Perception Stone: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception Yantri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

N'gai and Stone:
You recognize that the sound seems more akin to a massive landslide.

What do you do?


Human Cleric of Ragathiel, 3 NG, HP 27/27, AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18, Init +2, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7

”That sounded like a landslide, but I didn’t see any unstable slopes on the way in! Someone might be injured, I may be needed.”

The cleric grabs his bag and walks out the door with purpose.


Male Ifrit Rogue - HP:7/14 AC:17 T:13 FF:14 F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 Init:+7 Perc:+5 DrkVisn:60' Enl/Red Inspired PosAttack
Skills:
Intimidate+8 Use Magic Device+8 Pf:Dance+8 Diplomacy+7 Disguise+7 Acrobatics+6 Disable Device+6 Stealth+6 Perception+5 Climb+4

Sheridan stands, hand on his belt, bread toasting slowly in his mouth, and looks to Talia for a reaction. When Stone bolts for the door, Sheridan drops his toast onto his plate and follows, hesitating briefly at the door to get a look at what all the commotion is about and see if Ngai was coming.


Yantri Ironshield | Dwarf Gunslinger 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 22/22 | Grit: 3/3 | AC: 17 (14 T, 13 FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Ammo: 17 Cartridges

As the rumbling starts Yantri grabs for her Musket, but when Stone mentions a landslide she stows it in it's holster and runs for the door. "It was late when we got here, but the only elevation I noticed nearby was a bit of a hill to the Northeast. Don't know how many homes might be that way, but we should make sure no one's in trouble."

Yantri pauses when she gets out of the building and isn't blocking the doorway to look around, first to the Northeast, but then in all directions to try to find the source of the noise and vibrations.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Bloodrager 1 | Speed 30ft | Rage Rounds: 0/10 | Active conditions: Dex damage | HP: 13/13 | AC: 15 (11 T, 14 FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +1 W: -1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (Rage: HP: 15/15 | AC: 13 (9 T, 12 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 16 | F: +7 R: +1 W: +1)

--------------Before the noise----------------

Ngai reaches below the table to give Sheridan's hand a squeeze. Speaking just as softly in an attempt to cheer him, she says, "If I barf, would it be another faux pas?" With a soft chuckle, she continues, "Listen, about last night... I was an ass. You know that conflilct with authority makes me nervous, but its not a good excuse to make our time here harder. I'm sorry."

--------------After the noise------------------

Ngai bolts up out of her chair. She begins to reach for her sword, but shoots a glance at Talia and reconsiders. Hands empty, she runs toward the door, and assuming an immediate threat doesn't present itself, out into the street.


As almost everyone heads out the door, they immediately begin dodging the river of citizens all headed in a vaguely north eastern direction. Everyone is following a cycle of rumormongering as to what the sound is.
Yantri looks where she knows northeast is and does, in fact, notice a huge, slowly dissipating dust cloud.

A commoner comes running from that direction, like a fish against the current, yelling out,

"The Witch Tower! The Witch Tower has fallen!"

He then runs into the Wise Piper Inn

***Inside the Inn***

There is so much commotion outside, so much noise and chatter. Before Kane can step outside, a stranger bursts through the door out of breath, with the news - the Witch Tower has fallen!

While this information doesn't really mean much to Kane, Talia's eyes widen. Quick as lightning, she throws off her apron and is shepherding Kane out the door. She exits too and locks the door behind her. She joins the crowd half jogging up Canteclure Road.

What do you do?


Male Ifrit Rogue - HP:7/14 AC:17 T:13 FF:14 F:+1 R:+6 W:+0 Init:+7 Perc:+5 DrkVisn:60' Enl/Red Inspired PosAttack
Skills:
Intimidate+8 Use Magic Device+8 Pf:Dance+8 Diplomacy+7 Disguise+7 Acrobatics+6 Disable Device+6 Stealth+6 Perception+5 Climb+4

Caught up in the group-think, Sheridan follows Talia up the road, clearing a path through the crowd with his simmering presence.


Yantri Ironshield | Dwarf Gunslinger 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None | HP: 22/22 | Grit: 3/3 | AC: 17 (14 T, 13 FF) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +6 W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | Ammo: 17 Cartridges

I'm basing my directions on the town map. My guess for the hill was the darkened area directly to the north-east of us, but I'm guessing that the cloud of dust is rising from further east and a bit north of that, the Tower Ruin. If that's wrong, then just adjust what I'm saying to be more appropriate.

Yantri's attention to the Northeast does let her find the cloud of dust rising just a bit before she fully takes in what seems like a rushing river of people flowing by. It's too much for her, and she quickly ducks back inside the relative sanctuary of the inn. Breathing quickly, she mutters to herself, "That's no landslide; something big has collapsed beyond the hill. But all those people, ... surely they'll be able to help.

Shortly after this the stranger bursts with the news of the Witch Tower, and Yantri finds Talia pushing her back out again into the all the people. She throws herself against the walls, and reluctantly follows the crowd keeping her eyes always to the minor streets and alleys in case she needs to separate from the teeming humanity. Her eyes are wide, but she's holding it together so far.

1 to 50 of 1,073 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.