Doom of the Daleks: A Doctor Who RPG Campaign

Game Master SoulDragon298


1 to 50 of 54 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

The Doctor is in danger. During the Time War, he has been shot by a powerful Dalek weapon, and now his timeline is unraveling. If this is not stopped, the Doctor will be completely erased from history! Now, a group of adventurers must travel across time and space to save the Doctor and stop the machinations of the Daleks.

Doom of the Daleks is a campaign for the Doctor Who Roleplaying Game by Cubicle 7. I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who and I've really been wanting to play this game and run this campaign. You may play an incarnation of the Doctor, one of his companions, another Time Lord, an alien,or nearly anything you can think of!

Character creation rules:

Standard starting Character Points, Skill Points, and Story Points as per the core rules.

If creating a Time Lord, you may use the Advanced Time Lord Creation and TARDIS creation systems found in the Time Traveller's Companion book if you wish.

I do not have all the books. If you wish to use a trait or something else from a book I don't have, you will have to explain said trait, etc. to me

Some traits will be restricted. Just ask me if you wish to know if a certain trait is restricted.

You do not necessarily have to make a character if you don't want to. You may choose to play as one of the Doctors or one of his companions from the sourcebooks.

I shall be picking players sometime this week or the next. Good luck :)


I dont have any of the books :(


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I love Doctor Who! But haven't even heard of a Doctor Who roleplaying game before - which books would I need to acquire in order to be able to create a character and play the game?


Thrandr wrote:
I love Doctor Who! But haven't even heard of a Doctor Who roleplaying game before - which books would I need to acquire in order to be able to create a character and play the game?

If you'd like, I can provide a link to the core book on Amazon or for their website. I believe it's also available through Paizo.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Google was quite helpful, but thanks :-)

The game looks very interesting. Not found a single negative review. My wife is currently working on her last exams and I'm about to have students up for exams in the courses I teach, so I don't know if I'll have the time. But I'll try and see if I can buy a PDF version of the core book and learn enough of the rules to make a submission before the submission deadline. If nothing else then the game looks interesting enough for me to try with my offline group sometime.


Thrandr wrote:

Google was quite helpful, but thanks :-)

The game looks very interesting. Not found a single negative review. My wife is currently working on her last exams and I'm about to have students up for exams in the courses I teach, so I don't know if I'll have the time. But I'll try and see if I can buy a PDF version of the core book and learn enough of the rules to make a submission before the submission deadline. If nothing else then the game looks interesting enough for me to try with my offline group sometime.

Glad I could make someone else aware of this awesome game! :)


Dotting for interest. What level of familiarity are you looking for?


Ok jumping down a rabbit hole on this. Be back with a submission I am sure since it combines two things I love.


YoricksRequiem wrote:
Dotting for interest. What level of familiarity are you looking for?

Do you mean with the system or the universe?


Yes I am in baby

Dark Archive

Musing over this, and picked up the book as I've been looking at it a bit anyway.

If I wanted to be from a short hop in the future (say 20-50 years - so still Tech Level 5) would I need to take the Time Traveller trait?

I'm not married to the idea, just thinking it'd be amusing for a computer-boffin to be working with cutting edge technology of today and musing that they last saw one in a museum.


GM Soul Dragon wrote:
YoricksRequiem wrote:
Dotting for interest. What level of familiarity are you looking for?
Do you mean with the system or the universe?

I mean... both.

Dark Archive

Hmm,
Test character here, comments?

A couple of notes, I always find it vaguely irritating with DH that given the vast expanse of human history/future, only a couple of companions have been from outside the modern era (I do understand why though), so thought I'd try something just a little out of sync.


YoricksRequiem wrote:
GM Soul Dragon wrote:
YoricksRequiem wrote:
Dotting for interest. What level of familiarity are you looking for?
Do you mean with the system or the universe?
I mean... both.

For both, you just need to know the basics.


spinningdice wrote:

Hmm,

Test character here, comments?

A couple of notes, I always find it vaguely irritating with DH that given the vast expanse of human history/future, only a couple of companions have been from outside the modern era (I do understand why though), so thought I'd try something just a little out of sync.

Looks good. The Time Traveler trait is mostly for experienced time travelers who have become familiar with the technology of other eras.


Can I play a Tardis designer?


CucumberTree wrote:
Can I play a Tardis designer?

I'd be fine with you applying with a TARDIS R&D person.


I'm interested, do they have an srd? Not sure if/when I will be able to acquire the books.


I have so many books for this. I've got to make a character.


You said there were some pre-rolled characters. I am brand new to the system. Since I cannot find an SRD, I would like to get a taste of the system before buying the system. Can you supply a character who is close to my concept?

Dark Archive

Yeah, I got the impression that it was mostly a trait for familiarity with other era tech/society.

Only picked up the core book in PDF (latest version, I think, with Capaldi on the cover).

Fnord, there's no SRD and the PDF is quite pricey for a whim. But since I'm addicted to looking at new RPGs...
The 'sample characters' are essentially people from the show, I'm not sure if there will be a more techie type Timelord character available anywhere?

If you wanted to have a go at the basics you can look at the character I made.

You have 24 points to split between the Attributes and Traits (It recommends an 18attribute/6trait split. Traits cost between -2 and +2, with a few exceptions (mostly ones for aliens))

18 points to split between the 12 skills (can also spend 1 point on a a skill which you have 3 or more in to gain +2 to a speciality within that skill)

And that's pretty much all there is to it. Anything fancy is done with traits


Do they have a premade character that is one of the Silence? I'd love to play one of them.


Here's my submission, Jen Kinley. How she became wrapped up in all of these temporal shenanigans is totally up to you.


Jen Kinley wrote:
Here's my submission, Jen Kinley. How she became wrapped up in all of these temporal shenanigans is totally up to you.

Looks good :).


Interested. Likely too late. No matter, I found this, and hope it's an aid to you all:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130307211612/http://dwcg.eu5.org/

A Flash-based character builder, not available from it's host site in this timeline, appropriately accessed via Wayback Machine. :)


This looks awesome and I even have a character to play, but I don't have the books... the character builder is nice, but I don't have the foggiest idea what all the things I'm picking are...


hold-click on them, and text appears. Or something like that.


It's a simple 2d6 system. The 6 stats roughly line up with their Pathfinder counterparts. To make skill checks, you roll 2d6 and add the relevant stat and skill.


Just realized how similar Max and Jen are. D'oh! Oh well.

Dark Archive

Yes, I noticed, that. I may work up an alternative concept, just wanted to do something relatively simple. But too boffin-y characters isn't bad.

Might just shift slightly, let you go with AI/computers and I'll switch to biology/medicine, get a Fitz-Williams thing going (from Agents of Shield if you don't get the reference).


Yep, got the reference. Sadly, don't have cable, so haven't seen season 4 yet. How is it?

Dark Archive

They've not shown S4 in the UK yet they usually wait until after the mid-season break so they can show the entire showing weekly without a break over here.
I do quite enjoy SHIELD on the whole, though it seems to struggle to find its place in the overall MCU.


Bumping this just to remind people it's not dead :p


I'm still here!

Dark Archive

still here.


I didn't see a response to my earlier post, do any of the premade characters happen to be a Silence?

Barring that, I'd happily chat via PM about having someone build a character with me.


fnord72 wrote:

I didn't see a response to my earlier post, do any of the premade characters happen to be a Silence?

Barring that, I'd happily chat via PM about having someone build a character with me.

I had the exact same thought. If I need to buy the system first before trying it. I'll bow out


Are you still recruiting? I have the Player's Guide from 2012, I think. The one with Matt Smith on the cover. I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Would I need the most recent version?


All the versions are fine. It's just different printings of the same edition, to my knowledge.


Assuming recruiting is still happening, here is Ted Trapes, a 1940's PI who owes the Doctor a favor.


fnord72 wrote:

I didn't see a response to my earlier post, do any of the premade characters happen to be a Silence?

Barring that, I'd happily chat via PM about having someone build a character with me.

Unfortunately, I do not have a premade Silence. Sorry :(


Ted Trapes wrote:
Assuming recruiting is still happening, here is Ted Trapes, a 1940's PI who owes the Doctor a favor.

Looks great :) All the characters so far have been pretty good.


Thank you! And @fnord72, I don't know what everyone else has but I have pregens for Eleven, Amy, Rory, Craig, and River Song if you're interested in using one of those and if it's cool with @GM Soul Dragon.


I think this is all the intrest we're getting for this.

Dark Archive

My book has Twelve, Clara, Danny Pink, Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint, Strax, Kate Stewart, Osgood, Sabira, Psi, Courtney Woods, Rigsy, Robin Hood, Journey Blue, or more genericly: UNIT soldier, Scientist, Rock Star, Adventuring Archealogist.

Or at least I assume they're workable as pre-gens, it doesn't seem to be said explicitly.


At which point in time is Rory?


Well, since we have about 3 or 4 people interested, I might close recruitment soon.


Just gonna do one final "this is not dead" bump. If no one else wants to join, the crew will be the 3 characters already submitted.

Dark Archive

Updated Max, switched out to be more of biotech/medical focus, so as not to duplicate too much with Jen.


Still here.

1 to 50 of 54 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Doom of the Daleks: Recruitment for a Doctor Who PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.