DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chapter 2: Racing to Ruin (Inactive)

Game Master terok

The adventurers have formed their alliance with the Sargavan government and are leading the way for them to find Saventh-Yhi, the legendary city! Many trials await them before they will have a chance to reach their final destination.


451 to 500 of 1,861 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Just waiting on team skull to decide their attack vector. It may be time for the even fairly silent types to step up and provide some input.


Male Human 6th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +12 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 59 Fort+7(+8 vs disease) Ref+3 Will+8 Spd 20' CMB +11 CMD 23 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Want to give me the ability to talk while in dino form? ;)


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 6

Mihai ventures "It would be better if the gate could be opened before the compound is able to be roused... I would suggest you seek to silence the guard... it would leave us better placed if it succeeds. If it does not, yell - and we will break down the gate."


Remember you can get into the compound pretty easily with Anton's rope. The only real concern is the guard on the wall who isn't really paying attention.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:14 | FF:11 | T:14 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

"Anton, can you do that? Can you take out the guard and open the gate quietly? That would be ideal. I am sorry, but after this morning's engagement, I don't have any spells that can help you with that."


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton tries to figure out how to take out the guard, open the gate, and lay down suppressive fire to keep Jask safe from execution, all at the same time. "Too many things to do at once. I can just picture them executing Jask while I'm opening the door. The more that can climb up the rope, the better."


ok, so who are you proposing goes up the rope and in what order? I will need stealth checks. He may not be paying attention but if you make a bunch of noise getting over the ledge he is sure to see you guys.


Male Human 6th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +12 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 59 Fort+7(+8 vs disease) Ref+3 Will+8 Spd 20' CMB +11 CMD 23 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Not Nim or Wic :)


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 6

Mihai remains aground "I will stay with Nim."


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

I will go over the wall with you Anton. You should go first and I will follow your lead.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Apparently I was wearing some sort of bell around my neck. Sorry:)


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Fortune: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Anton first, then Corb, then whoever else wants to come. (If we don't hear from them, assume Aedalis comes up to take a position prone on the roof where he can watch everything, and Tragershen sticks with Nim for safety.) Anton will put one arrow in the nearest guard with Deadly Aim -- AFAIK fortune is still being extended -- and then go to the edge of the roof facing the open-sided building where he heard Jask.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:14 | FF:11 | T:14 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen will stay back with Nim, not wanting to compromise the quiet aspect of the rescue mission.


Was out of town the last couple of dys, will post tonight to kick off the assault. Stay tuned.


Corbius Jank wrote:

I will go over the wall with you Anton. You should go first and I will follow your lead.

[dice=Stealth]1d20+3

Apparently I was wearing some sort of bell around my neck. Sorry:)

Aedalis would have extended the luck to you as well Corb, go ahead and give me one more roll.

The rest of the party moves to the front door to wait on Anton and Corbrius to open it. Anton moves back up the rope quietly and gets in position on the ledge, bow drawn.
Corbrius begins to climb the rope, as he gets over the crest of the wall his belt buckle catches the top and he is about to crash over the edge when...


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Stealth 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

I hate dice :) I guess I come crashing down.


Male Human 6th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +12 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 59 Fort+7(+8 vs disease) Ref+3 Will+8 Spd 20' CMB +11 CMD 23 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

I guess you should have asked Mihai for a bit o' luck as well... given the importance of your actions. ;)


Corbrius' buckle causes his sheathed sword to clatter and bang as he comes over the edge of the wall ruining his surprise. Anton still has a clear shot as the guard looks up from his sitting position.
The entire party cringes as they hear it as well.

Anton, you get to act in the surprise round, you still have Aedalis' Fortune on you, although the old man is starting to sweat from maintaining it as well as adding Corb. I will start combat after the surprise round.


After Round 0 and Anton acts:

DM Only:

initiative strings:
Nim 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Anton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Mihai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Tragershen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Corbrius 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Aedalis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Brotherhood 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Order of Combat Round 1:
Nim 21
Anton 14
Aedalis 12
Mihai 11
Tragershen 11
Corbrius 7
Brotherhood 6

Map:
Battle at the Whaling House Round 0


Jask's life is in too much immediate danger from these goons for Anton to hesitate now. He fires at the guard to clear the way for Corbius.

Darkwood composite longbow (Deadly Aim): 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 = 17
Fortune: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 = 8

I'm assuming that a single move action in the next round would be enough to give him a view further into the open-sided building? Preferably from the roof of the building on the left.


The man takes the arrow in the chest with a surprised look on his face, unfortunately it is not enough to take the man down.

With the rest of the group waiting by the front door, it is up to Corbrius and Anton to make the Brotherhood pay at this point.

Anton and Corbrius will get to act before him. By luck he rolled badly on initiative and can't speak until his turn.
Anton, the second section of building ahead of you which would allow you to see the inside of the warehouse is open and there is a large mechanical noice coming from that part of the building so you could go on that roof since there isn't one.

Order of Combat Round 1:

Nim 21
Anton 14
Aedalis 12
Mihai 11
Tragershen 11
Corbrius 7
Brotherhood 6


Male Human 6th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +12 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 59 Fort+7(+8 vs disease) Ref+3 Will+8 Spd 20' CMB +11 CMD 23 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Round 1 Init 21

Nim (and Wic) continues to wait with the others... (delays)

Current status and effects:
Wicewakan: AC 18 HP 31 of 32
Nim: AC 14 HP 41 of 41
wildshape expires 4- hours


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 6

Mihai waits patiently behind the others near to the main door. Without any reason to think otherwise, he assumes that the task within is proceeding to plan.

Delay until given reason to act.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton puts another arrow in the guard, then goes back toward his previous vantage point on the whale carcass.

Darkwood composite longbow (Deadly Aim): 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 = 16
Fortune: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 4 = 10


The man doesn't drop as the second shaft penetrates his armor. He turns to yell into the courtyard...

Corbrius to go, everyone else is delaying at this point, although there is a rope hanging over the edge.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Cursing his on clumsiness under his breath Corbius grabs his bow and lets another shaft fly. The arrow strikes true joining Antons 2 arrows in the growing pin cushion.

Bow attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Bow attack fortune: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Corbrius' bow shot renders the man unconscious, just as he as about to yell out.

Let's stay in rounds for now.

The other's wait, Anton is up then Corbrius again.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:14 | FF:11 | T:14 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen lets out a sigh of relief when no alarm is raised following Corbius's ascent. He remains poised, ready to act once Anton or Corb give a sign.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Round 2, Init 14

Anton sneaks over past the unconscious guard, toward the front office. He can use Stealth at full speed with no penalty.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 2

Corbius Seeing Anton move towards the gate will follow along behind him being as stealthy as he can his bow readied in case of another guard.

stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
stealth Fortune: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Anton and Corbrius move to the side door to the front of the Whaling company, stopping to listen at the door. Anton is able to pick out 2 voices talking beyond the door.

You move up in Round 2, listen in Round 3. Anton is up in round 4.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton holds up two fingers and points at the door, then waits for Corb to get into position. Gripping his bow tightly, he tries to open the door swiftly, hoping that it isn't locked.


Does Corb keep his bow out or change weapons? Map update and round setup to follow tonight.


Order of Combat Round 4:

Nim 21
Wic 21
Anton 14
Aedalis 12
Mihai 11
Tragershen 11
Corbrius 7
Brotherhood 6

Corbrius to go. Two men of the Brotherhood stand with their weapons out, apparently guarding the front door. You do catch them by Surprise.

As you moved up you could see Jask and two other men in the warehouse looking building. You also spotted Umagro and one other Guard in that building.

Round 4


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:14 | FF:11 | T:14 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen keeps his eyes darting back and forth from the rooftop to the doors in a silent vigil for any sign to act.

This is Anton and Corbius! Have faith! To keep the concern for his kidnapped friend at bay, Trag let's his mind wander to some of the accomplishments and competence they've shown in their time on the island.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius will change to his Rapier. While Anton listens at the door he will cast chill touch.

As Anton throws open the door Corbius steps forward and attempts to catch him flat footed striking with his rapier.

IA: Enhance Rapier
SA: 5' step to -r-3 and attempt to attack nearest guard.

1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 111d6 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + (5) = 13 DC 14 fort or -1 str
Not sure if fortune is still running?
fortune: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 171d6 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + (6) = 14 DC 14 fort or -1 str


Fortune is still running. Aedalis will probably release it once the door is open.

Both men look up to the door, probably wondering why their comrade would be coming to talk to them. When Corbrius leaps in and runs the first man through they are quite surprised. Corbrius' attack does not drop the man though, but it is fairly obvious that he is badly wounded as he clutches at his wound.

Order of Combat Round 5:

Nim 21
Wic 21
Anton 14
Aedalis 12
Mihai 11
Tragershen 11
Corbrius 7
Brotherhood 6

Last round was basically your surprise round on the two men. Anton then Corbrius to go then the Brotherhood.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Anton attempts to finish the injured man so that Corb can safely move on to the next, their actions silently coordinated in a familiar, deadly dance.

Darkwood composite longbow (Deadly Aim, Precise Shot): 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 = 20
Fortune: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 4 = 9


The man drops silently to the ground from Anton's deadly shot.


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Round 5

Corbius watches as the arrow races past his shoulder dropping the guard in a silent pile. Turning quickly, Corbius dashes towards the other still shocked guard. Knocking aside the mans feeble defense aside he drives his rapier through the mans throat as negative energy blackens his flesh adding to the wound.

Spellstrike Chill Touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 291d6 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + (6) = 11
Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d6 + 3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + (4) = 14 Total=25


Corbrius' strike takes the man in the throat silencing him before he can call out any warning...

You find that you can open the front door with ease now that you are on the inside.

Any other preparations or actions before you storm the main area?


Male Human Magus 4(Bladebound)
Attacks:
Asilande +9(1d6+4/18-20x2), Dagger +6 (1d4+2/19-20x2), Longbw +7 (1d6/20x3)
Spellcasting:
CL 4 +6 melee, +6 ranged, Conc +9
Stats:
Init+3, Perc+2,AC19/14/15 HP 37,Frt+5,Will+4,Ref+4,Spd 30',CMB+5,CMD 19,Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Corbius will cast cats grace and blur just prior.


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 6

Mihai reacts with pent up relief when the gate is opened, and looks over both Corbius and Anton, noting that the only blood upon either is not their own. Nodding, he readies to follow them... but not until he has placed hand upon Nim's scaled form and bolstered it with the will of the Walker.

Aid: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 and Bull's Strength on the Nim-o-saur.


Male Human 6th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +12 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 59 Fort+7(+8 vs disease) Ref+3 Will+8 Spd 20' CMB +11 CMD 23 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Nim is ready to go...


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Nothing special for Anton.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:14 | FF:11 | T:14 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen will use a wand to cast Bear's Endurance on Nim. "I suspect there may be an effort to assault you in particular given your intimidating appearance. This will help cope with that should it be the case." With most of his spells expended from the earlier engagement, Trag draws his rapier so he has it ready.


Male Halfling (Molthuni) Barbarian 1 Ranger (Trapper) 3

Looks like Aedalis would still have dancing lantern, false life (9 hp) and mage armor active. He might cast unseen servant as prep in order to snatch dropped or disarmed items? He wanted to use the Misfortune hex on Umagro before, but couldn't because of the range, so that might be something to do later. Also, he already used Healing and Fortune on Nim in the earlier battle, but I think he still has enlarge person left.


Male Human 6th level Druid
Stats:
Init +1 Perception +12 AC 20 Tch 13 FF 19 HP 59 Fort+7(+8 vs disease) Ref+3 Will+8 Spd 20' CMB +11 CMD 23 Acro-2*Climb+6*Esc Art-2*Spellcraft+5 Stealth-2*Swim +6 ACP -2 (shield)

Bump?


Sorry, other than a couple of quick posts been really busy. Since you stopped to get everyone in the building and cast a spell or two we have reset init.

DM Only:

initiative strings:
Nim 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Anton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Mihai 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Tragershen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Corbrius 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Aedalis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Umagro 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Brotherhood lacky1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Wic 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Order of Combat Round 1-Showdown with Umagro:
Mihai 20
Wic 12
Corbrius 12
Brotherhood Lacky 10
Aedalis 9
Anton 7
Umagro 9
Tragershen 5
Nim 3

Showdown with Umagro Rnd 1

As you swing the door open and prepare to rush into the courtyard, Umagro seems to be waiting for you...he is over 12 feet tall, with clawed hands.
You see Jask and two men tied up behind him and two other brotherhood lacky's next to the large Umagro.

Yes, come out and try to save your comrade...invading filth!


Male Human (Varisian) Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim archetype) 6

Round 1:

Mihai extends the grace of the Walker unto Nim.

Bit o luck for Nimosaur


Male Ape(animal)
Stats:
Init+3 Per+7 (Low-Light, Scent) AC23 Tch12 FF20 HP55 For+7 Ref+8 Wil+3* Spd 20/30' Bite+8(1d6+6) Claw(x2)+8(1d6+6) CMB+12 CMD 25/22 Acrobatic +7 Climb +12 Escape +1 Stealth +1 Survival +1 Swim +4

Wic awaits command from his master... (delay)

451 to 500 of 1,861 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Stephens Serpents Skull Campaign - Chapter 2: Racing to Ruin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.