DM-Camris' MUMMY'S MASK Part 1: The Half-Dead City

Game Master Camris

SECTION 3: The Sanctum of the Erudite Eye
The PCs explore an abandoned temple, but rival adventurers contest their claim to the secrets of the ancient tomb.
Map of the above ground explored areas so far.


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,566 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male Nagaji Slayer 3 || Init. +3 || (Sunrod lit) Hp: 17 / 24 || AC: 19/14F/15T || F3/R6/W0; (+2 vs. mind-affecting, poison, & fear) || CMD 19 || Studied Target +1 || Sneak Attack +1d6 || Percep. +7 || Low-light || 30 ft.

When able before heading out, Sirusk will pick up Sealing Wax, 2 vials of acid, and a second tonfa weapon.


HP 28/34 | AC:20 F:8 R:4 W:7 (+2 death) | Init: 1 (roll twice take better)| Speed: 20/30 Melee: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] [dice]2d6+4[/dice] | PA: -1/+2 1h; Smite(1): +2/+2

Think we're waiting on camris then.

Rose sleeps comfortably, dreams untroubled.


Cerastes wrote:
He gingerly places the bones of the guards and residents in front of the Pharasmans, "We collected these as one of the restless spirits said she would be unable to rest in peace unless they were properly buried. We discovered a desecrated household chapel, dedicated to Abadar, Pharasma, and Sarenrae. Perhaps you would like to send some priests to reconsecrate it."

Needless to say this causes a stir amongst the dour priesthood. As they huddle with High Priestess Sebti to discuss your findings, it is clear by their body language some among them want to censure you.

When they return, Sebti stood and formally thanked you and your Company for your courageous exploration of the House of Pentheru and vows that the family mausoleum would be sanctified and the remains interred with sacred honor.


Exhausted by your adventures you sleep very well that night.

The next day is busy as you go to the marketplace to sell the treasures you uncovered and buy/replenish new/old equipment.

During the day you notice more and more of the Companies that went into the Necropolis straggle back out; many of them looking the worse for wear.
That evening, as has become tradition before a Lottery, the surviving Companies return to the Tooth and Hookah to share stories, boast of their exploits, and show off the riches they found.


The Cryptfinders hold forth at the biggest table down front. The largest Company at twelve members, it doesn't look like they suffered any casualties. They chatter loudly and their leader Falto (he of the slick black hair and moustache) holds forth on the mummys they fought and the nonspecific funerary treasures they heroically tore from the hands of tomb ghouls.

Sense Motive DC15:
As you suspected, they are totally making that stuff up.


The Daughters of the Desert are sitting quietly at a table off to the side. This all-female Company looks battered and a little scorched, and the leader, Sigrun Firehair, looks unnaturally diseased. Nobody seems missing though.

Sense Motive DC17:
Despite the damage they still carry, they look quietly satisfied. And the equipment they carry looks new, and... magical.


The Dog Soldiers, the halfling Company and their pack of trained Katapeshi fighting dogs, are in a back corner. They are sadly diminished by their expedition again, this time by one of their barbarian/dog teams and are taking this opportunity to try to drink themselves into unconsciousness.


The Sand Scorpions are in an upper gallery, keeping to themselves as usual. There seems to be fewer of them this time, but you cannot tell if they were casualties or just taking an outhouse break.


And of course the Scorched Hand, the Nethys worshippers. They are also at a table down front and they seem mostly intact. Their leader, a Taldan Osirionologist named Velriana Hypaxes is still holding forth on the unfairness of the lottery system and is urging anyone who will listen to rebel and go explore where they will.
.


Male Human

Seeing you come in, Falto comes up to you like a long lost friend, throwing his arms around both Cerastes and Rosalind.
"Cerastes my brother!" He yelled in your ear drunkenly. "Who's the new dish?" he said, leering at Rosalind.


HP 28/34 | AC:20 F:8 R:4 W:7 (+2 death) | Init: 1 (roll twice take better)| Speed: 20/30 Melee: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] [dice]2d6+4[/dice] | PA: -1/+2 1h; Smite(1): +2/+2

Rose rolls her eyes good naturedly at cerastes, then calmly slides away from the drunk leaving the other man holding him.

"You are the first man to hit on me in armor, proving once again that cayden blesses ale with veiled eyes. Hi, friend. You should probably drink some water and then pass out. Come on Ibrahim, Inferis. Let's see about a table. Would you like us to get you anything cerastes?"

She looks over the room for a clear table, and settles near the daughters.
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

"A good venture, despite its perils?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Oracle 3 HP 26/26 | AC:19 F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +7 (Roll twice take better result) | Speed: 20 | Percep. +5 |

Sense motive on Falto and Cryptfinders 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Cerastes shakes his head, "I'm fine, I have faced worse." Before his words can register in the drunk man's mind he continues, "Falto, have a seat. With all your success it seems only right that drinks are on you this time around." Assuming the man sits down at the table, "What have you heard of the other groups? And anything yet about what the next exploration areas will be?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


female Human (keleshite) Wizard (Necromancer) 3 l AC 15 l hp 21/21 l F2R2W4 active spells: mage armor

sense motive:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

After Inferis secures the sale of their goods and the division of the assets, she wonders into the bar. Seeing Cerastes and Rose sitting together, Inferis orders a bottle of dark red wine and joins the at the table. Taking a long pull off the bottle before pouring a glass for herself, she sits down "Well, it looks like we lost a few but so did some others." Finishing her glass and pouring another she contiues, "How did you fare Falto?"


Male Nagaji Slayer 3 || Init. +3 || (Sunrod lit) Hp: 17 / 24 || AC: 19/14F/15T || F3/R6/W0; (+2 vs. mind-affecting, poison, & fear) || CMD 19 || Studied Target +1 || Sneak Attack +1d6 || Percep. +7 || Low-light || 30 ft.

Sense Motive on Cryptfinder: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
SM on Daughters: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

As the other troupes come in, Sirusk takes the opportunity to mingle around the inn a bit, listening to the grand tales told while eyeing those characters of seemingly lesser repute. He occasionally spots a friend, or perhaps a mark, and exchanges pleasantries.

Thosez Cryptfinders are scertainly fortunate to have so many return after fighting mummies.

And the Daughters scertainly earned their loot. Look at them sitting with satisfaction, not boasting as the others. Good feeling about them, yesz.

Oh, the halflings have lost more and have the faces to show for it. Perhapsz. Will they quit?

Sirusk returns to his friends from his purposed survey of the inn in time to catch sight of the inebriated Falto getting a little too cozy to Rose. Ahh, thisz one we shall keep an eye on, yesss. Sirusk sits near Rose, removing his hood and trying his best to look a little intimidating, though not hostile, to Falto.


Rosalind wrote:
"A good venture, despite its perils?"

”Hail sister!” Sigrun greeted Rosalind with a hearty grin. ”You could say that indeed. We were assigned the mansion of what turned out to be a wealthy pawnbroker. It was… successful. More traps than I like though.”

Her second, a dusky barbarian from Thuvia, nodded with emphasis, her mouth otherwise occupied by food. The two Osirion witches just sat there, their veiled faces giving nothing away. Until you hear them snoring gently.
”By the way, our condolences on the losses you incurred on the last venture. We understand, truly. If you need a position, you have one on our team. This I vow!” Sigrun thundered, raising her fist.
”Did you find anything unique?” She asked, seemingly genuinely curious.


Male Human
Cerastes wrote:
With all your success it seems only right that drinks are on you this time around."

”Yes! Drinks all around!” Falto said, sitting back down at his table. He may or may not have been aware of the free drinks with a meal policy the house had.

Cerastes wrote:
"What have you heard of the other groups?”

”Bah! They tell us nothing! They’re jealous! “ He complained. "Ain't that right boys!" he called out. The rest of the Cryptfinders, a more disreputable crew you would need to find a pirate ship on, gave him a various response from mumbled yes to hearty assent.

Cerastes wrote:
”And anything yet about what the next exploration areas will be?"

”Naw. You know those priests; they’re really proud about ‘playing fair’ and choosing by lottery.” Falco continued to grouse. ”Say, who was that dish with you earlier? She looked like she needs some comforting…” He leered.


HP 28/34 | AC:20 F:8 R:4 W:7 (+2 death) | Init: 1 (roll twice take better)| Speed: 20/30 Melee: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] [dice]2d6+4[/dice] | PA: -1/+2 1h; Smite(1): +2/+2

"Not that we recovered"

Rosalind grimaces.

"Sir and I let the wizard carry it, and he ran straight into the deadfall like a babe to his mother. Arrogant to the end. If you feel like shoveling him out, there's a lovely tablet full of ancient osiriani, but the whole tunnel collapsed. We made it out by backtracking the way we came, when we got to the street you could just see the rubble where the cenotaph was, it fell over on top of the place like the stroke of kurgess's arm, flattened the other features."

She giggles a moment, completely out of character.

"Tom always said that the pen was mightier than the sword, but he never mentioned half a ton of sand, debris, and a right large rock. Maybe his father's contingency got them out. I can hope so at least. If not, they'll have their next turn at the wheel or a debt to the priests of pharasma I'm sure. Perhaps then they'll listen to the expert no matter the race."

She grins ruefully, then turns serious again.

"The offer is kind, and if things were different I might take you up on it. Still, Sirusk saved my life when he found that trap, and I saved his. That's no small thing, it builds a bond. I think we'll stay together and find a group with room for two. Still, friends."

Rose toasts Sigurn.

"We can boast of each other's prowess, at least. Well after we eat, wouldn't want Thuvia to get everything!"


Male Human
Inferis wrote:
Finishing her glass and pouring another she continued, "How did you fare Falto?"

Falto spread his arms. ”Oh well, you know, we found plenty of unique stuff. But if you want to see them, I COULD take you up to my suite?” He leered at Inferis.

His Nexian Summoner snorted and choked on his beer.
”Quiet you!” commanded Falto, slapping the back of his head.


female Human (keleshite) Wizard (Necromancer) 3 l AC 15 l hp 21/21 l F2R2W4 active spells: mage armor

Inferis laughs and takes a sip of wine while winking, "Doesn't sound like anything unique to me.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Oracle 3 HP 26/26 | AC:19 F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +7 (Roll twice take better result) | Speed: 20 | Percep. +5 |

Cerastes shrugs, "You now know her about as well as I..." The various mugs of ale at the table each take a turn frothing and bubbling for no apparent reason. "...perhaps you might have some luck with the Daughters of the Desert, that is who she seems to be conversing with at the moment. Besides, if not her than there are plenty of other...opportunities, over there."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Reincarnated Druid 3 l AC 17 l hp 23/23 l F4, R3, W8 l Init +2 | Perception +9

Sense motive on Crypt-finders: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Sense motive on Daughters: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"Indeed the Daughters of the Desert have all the "qualities" that you are looking for Falto." Ibrahim stumbles and nearly falls as he attempts to sit. The odors of sweet Katapesh Rum and other hard liquors prevail about his person and it is obvious that he has been hitting the bottle far too hard for one who rarely imbibes spirits.

He snorts "I'm in my cup so much the world is tilted against me. I think one or two more and I shall be impaired enough to not remember the haunting I experienced. To die so young, so young and so horribly that, that, cannot be..." his voice trails off as he examines the empty interior of his mug.

"I don't like haunted places. You, you know? You get haunted Falto? It's verrrry bad. Maybe three more cups." Ibrahim slurs as the binge drinking takes full effect.


HP 28/34 | AC:20 F:8 R:4 W:7 (+2 death) | Init: 1 (roll twice take better)| Speed: 20/30 Melee: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] [dice]2d6+4[/dice] | PA: -1/+2 1h; Smite(1): +2/+2

"Ah. Fine food, good company, and a warm suite to look forward to. Did your friends fall asleep at the table? I don't blame them."

Rosalind looks curiously at the witches, then back at Sigurn and Thuvia.

"I think I'll take their example to heart. Bed time, and in the morning more lotteries"

She grimaces.

"Kurgess's blessing to you all, and best of luck in the lottery."

Rosalind heads toward bed.

Lottery us


You all wake up next day at the crack of noon to feast some more, then dress at least somewhat respectably for the next lottery.


At the pavillion of the Grand Mausoleum of Pharasma, your team leader (Cerastes) stepped forward to reach into a wicker basket that had been filled with numbered plaques and mixed.
Pulling back his hand, he revealed the number 20 to the priestess. She took the plaque and gave him a folder with your assigned site. As you read, you hear the other teams alternately cheer or groan at what they were assigned.
Your folder explained that you are to explore a site known as the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye. It is supposed to be a Temple of Isis, goddess of Magic (modern day Nethys). There is a sketched map included, but nothing else.
You have the rest of the day to ready yourselves. The gates to the Necropolis of Wati will open to you when the sky lightens tomorrow at dawn.


Male Nagaji Slayer 3 || Init. +3 || (Sunrod lit) Hp: 17 / 24 || AC: 19/14F/15T || F3/R6/W0; (+2 vs. mind-affecting, poison, & fear) || CMD 19 || Studied Target +1 || Sneak Attack +1d6 || Percep. +7 || Low-light || 30 ft.

"Hmm, Godesss of Magic huh. Soundsz like lotss of trapss in store. Should be fun," Sirusk causally chimes in. "What do we know about this Isis that could help usz?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Oracle 3 HP 26/26 | AC:19 F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +7 (Roll twice take better result) | Speed: 20 | Percep. +5 |

Cerastes smiles broadly and gives the Nagaji slayer a friendly clasp on the shoulder and rumbles out, "It's settled then? You will be joining the Silver Serpents? We would be glad to have your help and it sounds as if you and Rose are not unseasoned yourselves. Welcome." He holds up the folder with their assignment, "Perhaps we can find out a bit more about this "Erudite Eye" and Isis before morning. Ready yourselves today and we'll convene this evening to share our plans and our discoveries of a few mugs." He chuckles, "Don't forget to bring a shovel!"

Here are knowledge checks to see what Cerastes may already know:

Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


HP 28/34 | AC:20 F:8 R:4 W:7 (+2 death) | Init: 1 (roll twice take better)| Speed: 20/30 Melee: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] [dice]2d6+4[/dice] | PA: -1/+2 1h; Smite(1): +2/+2

Having reread the thread recently, Sanctum of the Erudite Eye should ring bells for Cerastes et al. Here's the quote from upthread

Spoiler:

Here's the post, quoted below
GM Sigma wrote:

"That would be tonight since you all have been so kind as to join us," A woman states as she approaches the bar. She has olive skin and wears violet clothes more commonly found on nobles than tomb raiders. Standing beside her is a dark skinned half-elf standing a few inches taller than the first woman. She is dressed more to the job of explorer and even carries a khopesh on her belt.

"Allow me to introduce you to Velriana. Leader of the Scorched Hands and the first team too-" Falto begins to explain.

"Falto. Shut up." Velriana says and he does.

"I have a simple question for you... serpents. Were you given a location called the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye to explore?" Velriana asks.

Rose looks curiously at the folder, then nods as Cerastes talks, and grins at the mention of shovels.

"Once more into the shadow, eh? Hopefully less disastrously this time."


female Human (keleshite) Wizard (Necromancer) 3 l AC 15 l hp 21/21 l F2R2W4 active spells: mage armor

Nice catch Rose.
Inferis pounders the assignment for a minute. Nudging Cerastes and Ibrahim, "Didn't Velriana and the Scorched Hands want something to do with that location? Perhaps we should be prepared for them as well.


Male Nagaji Slayer 3 || Init. +3 || (Sunrod lit) Hp: 17 / 24 || AC: 19/14F/15T || F3/R6/W0; (+2 vs. mind-affecting, poison, & fear) || CMD 19 || Studied Target +1 || Sneak Attack +1d6 || Percep. +7 || Low-light || 30 ft.

"Ahh, ssso the Scorched hands asked you about this Eye place asz well. Curiouss. Yesz, we should be prepared for them too."

Siruk will draw upon his "professional" knowledge of the area to further see if he can recall anything specific about "Velriana" or the "Scorched Hands"

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 (Velriana)
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 (Scorched Hands)


Cerastes:
You have only heard traces of the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye in your historical researches, but it was very highly regarded amongst the nobility of the era. Even the Pharaoh was said to have attended ceremonies there.

Inferis and Sirusk:

You have never heard of this 'Sanctum of the Erudite Eye', but you know that Velariana is very pushy about getting what she wants. She and her team, the Scorched Hands, have had some bad luck with the sites they were assigned, but they also seem to be VERY well funded.

Perception DC21:
At various times during the celebrations, you saw in passing Velariana being attended to by people dressed inconspicuously, and somehow you never saw their faces. They were always turned away, veiled, obscured by news sheets, mugs... Just a series of odd coincidences no doubt.


The next morning, after the gates to the Necropolis of Wati are opened, you begin your travels through the dead city to the site o the Sanctum.

The sun beats down on the lonely, silent streets of the necropolis.
Dust and sand now cover the once-bustling streets, and buildings that were once homes and shops are gradually disintegrating into rubble after centuries of neglect.
Scattered throughout the ruins is the occasional palm tree or shrub, kept alive by the broken remnants of a long-abandoned irrigation system.
Cerastes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Ibrahim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Inferis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Rosalind: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Sirusk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Cerastes and Ibrahim spot movement before the attack, and can act in the surprise round. No other player can act during the surprise round.


Abruptly, screams and shouts break out all around you as figures move in to attack!
Someone on a rooftop hurls a net at Inferis!
Net attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8 to possibly entangle. Utter miss.
Another person on a rooftom hurls a net at Ibrahim!
Net attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15 to possibly entangle. Hit! Ibrahim is Entangled.
Red 1, 2 and 3 have to stumble through difficult rubble strewn terrain, so cannot charge attack.
Red 4 attacks Cerastes.
Khopesh charge attack vs Cerastes: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 slashing damage.
Red 5 attacks Rosalind.
Khopesh charge attack vs Rosalind: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 slashing damage.
Red 6 attacks Rosalind.
Khopesh charge attack vs Rosalind: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 slashing damage.
Red 7 attacks Rosalind.
Khopesh charge attack vs Rosalind: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 slashing damage.
Red 8 attacks Sirusk.
Khopesh charge attack vs Sirusk: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 slashing damage.


...Rest of Surprise.

Cerastes and Ibrahim only may act at this point.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Five foot squares.
Remember, a single Standard Action.


HP 28/34 | AC:20 F:8 R:4 W:7 (+2 death) | Init: 1 (roll twice take better)| Speed: 20/30 Melee: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] [dice]2d6+4[/dice] | PA: -1/+2 1h; Smite(1): +2/+2

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Noticed Vel, Flat-Footed AC is 19, so take 4 damage. 30/34.

The blows startle the paladin, but mostly shift her armor about. She takes a moment to glance back at her companions, the sand seeming to shimmer and stop a moment in the heat.

Gotta enjoy not acting in the surprise round while it lasts. Mostly posting to update HP and get the perception roll in for Vel. (Reminder if you're going to roll init, Ros has Temporal Celerity (Su): Whenever you roll for initiative, you can roll twice and take either result. At 7th level, you can always act in the surprise round...) Get those mooks Cerastes/Ibrahim

Scarab Sages

Male Human Oracle 3 HP 26/26 | AC:19 F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +7 (Roll twice take better result) | Speed: 20 | Percep. +5 |

I have also have an ability similar to Rose's, War Sight (Su): Whenever you roll for initiative, you can roll twice and take either result.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 If this was high enough for him to go forst before they closed he will have cast Shield of Faith and then followed up with the below attack on the first normal round of combat before they go.

I see him having his spear out because he is outside and thinking he'll be able to throw it before closing with foes, not having them instantly in his face! :)

MW spear attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The charging man's well placed blow puts a slash across' Cerastes' forearm but the big man gathers himself quickly and strikes out with his spear.

Hitpoints: 20/26


Male Nagaji Slayer 3 || Init. +3 || (Sunrod lit) Hp: 17 / 24 || AC: 19/14F/15T || F3/R6/W0; (+2 vs. mind-affecting, poison, & fear) || CMD 19 || Studied Target +1 || Sneak Attack +1d6 || Percep. +7 || Low-light || 30 ft.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 vs. Post #1180 Perception check -- Not Successful

----

"Stang! How stupid to not be prepared for an attack out here."


...Rest of Surprise.

Cerastes and Ibrahim only may act at this point.

Cerastes_____
The charging man's well placed blow puts a slash across' Cerastes' forearm but the big man gathers himself quickly and strikes out with his spear.
He hits for a great deal of damage. These thugs don’t seem to have much in the way of armor.

Ibrahim_____
Draw scimitar and shield.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Reincarnated Druid 3 l AC 17 l hp 23/23 l F4, R3, W8 l Init +2 | Perception +9

Ibrahim saw the motion that was precursor to the attack but could not will his body out of the path of the entangling nets. Fury at being caught off guard fills the Druid and his hand grips his scimitar and yanks it free of the sheath.

Your nets will not hold me for long! Not in this life or any other!"

Surprise round move action:draw scimitar and shield.


Round 1_______________

Players act in order of posting, enemies will go last.

No change in tactical situation.


Male Nagaji Slayer 3 || Init. +3 || (Sunrod lit) Hp: 17 / 24 || AC: 19/14F/15T || F3/R6/W0; (+2 vs. mind-affecting, poison, & fear) || CMD 19 || Studied Target +1 || Sneak Attack +1d6 || Percep. +7 || Low-light || 30 ft.

Sirusk seeing a number of his allies are in unfavorable tactical situations pauses a moement before deciding to help Rose out of her situation first.

He attempts to nimbly tumble to establish a flank with Rose and attacks #7, drawing his saber and kukri in the process.

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 vs. #7 & #8 CMD to avoid AoO

Move Action: Tumble to I-13 - flank with Rose

Attack #1: mwk sawtooh sabre, flanking, defensive fighting
sabre: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 - 4 = 5
dmg+sneak: 1d8 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + (3) + 2 = 11

Sirusk gets +2 AC for this round (defensive fighting): Current AC: 21/14F/17T

Scarab Sages

Male Human Oracle 3 HP 26/26 | AC:19 F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +7 (Roll twice take better result) | Speed: 20 | Percep. +5 |

Had to do some research but am now clear on how my natural attack works with my weapon. My primary weapon is normal and the natural attack is BAB-5.

As the oracle pulls his spear free from his foe, his face distorts as his jaw widens and elongates into a serpents maw. Lunging forward in a viper strike, Cerastes' sinks his fangs into his victims neck...

Viper strike: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Requires DC 12 save versus poison. (frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1 Con damage; cure 1 save)

Leaving his victim to the ravages of his venom, Cerastes turns and thrusts his spear into one of the thugs around Rose. Diagonal 5'step and hit Thug #5

Spear thrust on second foe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Scarab Sages

Male Human Reincarnated Druid 3 l AC 17 l hp 23/23 l F4, R3, W8 l Init +2 | Perception +9

Ibrahim swipes at the adjacent enemy.

attack vs foe #1: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 2 = 2 for 1d6 ⇒ 1 damage

But his scimitar catches in the net and his swing is less than effective.


female Human (keleshite) Wizard (Necromancer) 3 l AC 15 l hp 21/21 l F2R2W4 active spells: mage armor

Inferis steps back and enchants, "Kree'nar!"
5' step to K10
stand: cast flaming sphere on #3. fire damage, reflex negate dc 16; damage:
2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7


HP 28/34 | AC:20 F:8 R:4 W:7 (+2 death) | Init: 1 (roll twice take better)| Speed: 20/30 Melee: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] [dice]2d6+4[/dice] | PA: -1/+2 1h; Smite(1): +2/+2

Rosalind's greatsword grinds against the stone as she drags it around from behind her, and her swing is less apt than it might otherwise be. She grimaces, but moves smoothly into the dance she is most familiar with.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 = 14

"An ambush, how unsporting. We'll be sure to give you an equivalent burial, dogs."


Round 1_______________

Sirusk_____
He attempts to nimbly tumble to establish a flank with Rose and attacks #7, drawing his saber and kukri in the process. And he succeeds.
Move Action: Tumble to I-13 - flank with Rose
Attack #1: mwk sawtooh sabre, flanking, defensive fighting
But missed the swing.
Sirusk gets +2 AC for this round (defensive fighting): Current AC: 21/14F/17T

Cerastes_____
As the oracle pulls his spear free from his foe, his face distorts as his jaw widens and elongates into a serpents maw. Lunging forward in a viper strike, Cerastes' sinks his fangs into his victims neck...
He hit, dealing venomous damage but no con damage.
Leaving his victim to the ravages of his venom, Cerastes turns and thrusts his spear into one of the thugs around Rose. Diagonal 5'step and hit Thug #5
He hit for major damage, but he’s still up.

Ibrahim the Sand Sage_____
Ibrahim swipes at the adjacent enemy.
But his scimitar catches in the net and his swing is less than effective. Miss.

Inferis 'al Marris_____
5' step to K10
stand: cast flaming sphere on #3. fire damage, reflex negate dc 16; damage:2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Ref save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Fail. He got burned.

Rosalind Almati Thornbright_____
Rosalind's greatsword grinds against the stone as she drags it around from behind her, and her swing is less apt than it might otherwise be.
She missed.

Enemies_______________
Orange A, who tried to net Inferis, shoots at her with a longbow from the rooftop.
Longbow attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for a possible 1d8 ⇒ 1 piercing damage.
...Crit confirm?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 for a possible extra 2d8 ⇒ (6, 7) = 13 piercing damage.
Orange B, who tried to net Ibrahim, shoots at him with a longbow from the rooftop.
Longbow attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 for a possible 1d8 ⇒ 1 piercing damage.
Red 1 attacked Ibrahim.
Khopesh attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 slashing damage.
Red 2 attacked Ibrahim.
Khopesh attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 slashing damage.
Red 3 dodged around the flaming sphere and attacked Inferis.
Khopesh attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 slashing damage.
Red 4 staggered, but steps to attack Cerastes.
Khopesh attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 slashing damage.
Red 5 flank attacked Rosalind.
Khopesh attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 slashing damage.
Red 6 attacked Rosalind.
Khopesh attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 slashing damage.
Red 7 flank attacked Rosalind.
Khopesh attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 slashing damage.
Red 8 attacked Sirrusk.
Khopesh attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 slashing damage.

DM only:

1:13
2:13
3:6
4:5
5:2
6:13
7:13
8:13
A:11
B:11


Round 2________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Male Nagaji Slayer 3 || Init. +3 || (Sunrod lit) Hp: 17 / 24 || AC: 19/14F/15T || F3/R6/W0; (+2 vs. mind-affecting, poison, & fear) || CMD 19 || Studied Target +1 || Sneak Attack +1d6 || Percep. +7 || Low-light || 30 ft.

Longbows on the roof. That complicatess mattersz.

Camris, how high is the rooftop area that Yellow-B is on, at least as best Sirusk can tell? Also, same question for the crumbling building that Yellow-A is on.

ROUND 2 ___

Sirusk easily dodges the attack from the khopesh wielding bandit.
He lowers his defensive stance and sets out to put an end to the one he is flanking with Rosalind. FRA on #7; AC is back to normal

Attack #1: mwk sawtooh sabre, +sneak, flanking
sabre: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26 hit, threatens crit
S dmg+sneak: 1d8 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (6) + 2 = 10

Crit confirm, Attack #1: mwk sawtooh sabre, flanking
sabre: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
S dmg+sneak: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 crit damage if confirmed

Immediate action: #7 is now a studied target.

studied target:
+1 attack / dmg with weapon. +1 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival. Can study a target as move action, or as an immediate action upon dealing sneak attack damage. Can have only one studied target at a time.
---

Attack #2 (twf): mwk kukri, +sneak, flanking, studied
kukri: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 26 threatens crit
S dmg+sneak: 1d4 + 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (4) + 2 + 1 = 8

Crit confirm, Attack #2 (twf): mwk kukri, flanking, studied
kukri: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 10
S dmg+sneak: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 crit damage if confirmed


HP 28/34 | AC:20 F:8 R:4 W:7 (+2 death) | Init: 1 (roll twice take better)| Speed: 20/30 Melee: [dice]1d20+5[/dice] [dice]2d6+4[/dice] | PA: -1/+2 1h; Smite(1): +2/+2

Attack the flanked target if sirusk didn't end it. If he did, attack 6 instead.1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 6 = 16

Rosalind's sword glances off the stones once more as she deflects kopesh after kopesh, grunting as one makes it through her guard. She strikes out lazily as sirusk attacks, and the bandit turns to block her sword, taking kukris for his trouble.

"Do something about the bowmen's line of sight or we are pincushions."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Oracle 3 HP 26/26 | AC:19 F:+1 R:+2 W:+3 | Init: +7 (Roll twice take better result) | Speed: 20 | Percep. +5 |

Camris: Is #4 disabled at zero hitpoints? Thus gaining the staggered condition? If so, he might take a point of damage for taking a standard action.

Cerastes easily bats the khopesh aside from the staggered enemy. The oracle continues his assault on the thug flanking Rosalind so that she can focus without worry on her remaining foes, "We can't do much about them while these sand-eaters are trying to cut our throats."

Viper Strike thug #5: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Spear thrust on thug #5: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,566 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Raiders of the Lost Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.