DM Beckett's "CITY OF STRANGERS" PFS PbP (1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Beckett

INIT:

[dice=Alastor]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Maldoc]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Variel]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Zedril]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=]1d20+[/dice
[dice=]1d20+[/dice

Venture Captain Dreng is convinced that someone is setting up an unauthorized, and potentially harmful Pathfinder Lodge within the city of Kaer Maga. A letter from an ally, one Horis Collgardie says as much, and Dreng has asked you to investigate, locate these Pathfinders, and order them to stop immediately, or risk having all Pathfinders banned from the city. Sending you from the Grand Lodge in Absolam across the Inner Sea to Varisia, you have made it to the Halflight Path, so near the city, when a horde of goblins breaks through the wall to attack!!!
Fighting your way through, you finally make your way to the city itself, only to find it is a massively crowded den of villainy and scoundrels. Locating your contacts house, you arrive to find him dead, and are immediately attacked by a group of thugs looking for his murderer.

MAP OF VARISIA
MAP OF KAER MAGA
CURRENT MAP
The Sanctuary


251 to 281 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Tilda casts bane and draws her weapon during her 40' movement. While she does not believe anything is in range of her right now, should anything enter 50' around her, a Will DC 13 saves against it.

Grand Lodge

Witch 6 [ HP 32/32 NL 0 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 R +6 W +6 | Init: +7 Per: +10 & bird+10]

Round two actions:

Variel draws, aim and fire his crossbow at the enemy caster but the shot misses.
Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus (Bladebound) [9.1] | HP 63/63 | AC 28 T 18 FF 22 | F +9 R +11 W +9 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | Init +8 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Acro/EA/Fly +8 | Climb/Swim/SM +3

Round Two

Map is down but I assume the beetles are within my range to move up to and strike?

Maldoc enhances his weapon with a magical arcane energy before striking at the fire beetle! Swift Action to use my Arcane Pool to enhance my rapier.

Rapier: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7 for Weapon: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6 Not this again...
Touch Attack with Rapier: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15 for Weapon: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8 and if hit Shocking Grasp: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

Grand Lodge

Spells:
Orison: Detect Magic, Guidance, Spark, Create Water | lvl 1: Cure Light Wounds,Keen Senses, Feather Step, True Strike(D)
Human Druid (Dragon Shaman) 3
Stats:
AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | HP 24/24 | F +6 R +3 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Umaro blinks as the world seems to get a little smaller, but a smile creeps onto his face as he seems the beetles appear within range.

With an almost bestial roar, Umaro stabs at the beetle that Maldoc is not in combat with.

Moving up behind Maldoc and activating Destructive Smite (+1 on damage)

Shortspear Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Taking into account the Enlarge person that Variel cast.
Enlarged Shortspear Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 12 Enlarged Weapon + Str + Enlarge + Destructive Smite

Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir, Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 | Saves: Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will: +1 | Perception: +7 (+8 Trapfinding) | Init: +6 | CMB: 0 | CMD: 14

Alastor moves forward and draws his short swords. He moves in behind the closest beetle and drives forward his blade.

Also, assuming I'm close enough.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

If flanking
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed steps next to Alastor shouting "Tack your sails, friends!" Then the cleric's hands twist and a blast of Gozreh's blessed wind pushes at the three pathfinders.
windblast: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 if that beats your CMD, move 5 feet up, if it beats your CMD by 5-10 move 10 forward, etc.
7/8 daily.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Holy crap this is pissing me off. I updated not long ago, (AGAIN!!!), right after Umaro's last post, and went back to make sure it went through, (and it did), and now it is not there. Now I understand why you where asking about the beetles. The issue has got to be on Paizo's end, because Wayfinder is not working for me either.

edit: attempt 3 just to post this. . .

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Tilda calls down a curse upon her enemies and advances for blood, while Alastor begins to shift into position nearer his enemies. Variel concludes his spell, causing Umaro to grow larger than life, then fires, but misses.

Evigail's spell likewise ends, causing an area of silence around the bard, who is very surprized by that little trick, and now not entirely sure what to do. <Evigail then calls upon his divine patron to push the party foreward>. Maldoc charges up and tries to lay low one of the demonic beetles, but his blade goes wide. Following up with a quick spell, it vanishes in a puff of brimstone, sent back to the hell it came from.

Right after that, Maldoc, now a giant, sends a shortspear towards the other, and it likewise vanishes back to it's plane of origin.

With his finest toys now gone, "the bard" draws his rapier and than tactically falls back behind the piano for cover.

Round 3
Tilda, Alastor, Variel, Evigail, Maldoc, & Umaro
--------------------------
Bard

Grand Lodge

Witch 6 [ HP 32/32 NL 0 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 R +6 W +6 | Init: +7 Per: +10 & bird+10]

Variel runs forward to attack from a better position.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus (Bladebound) [9.1] | HP 63/63 | AC 28 T 18 FF 22 | F +9 R +11 W +9 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | Init +8 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Acro/EA/Fly +8 | Climb/Swim/SM +3

Maldoc spots the bard and moves up closer to the stage. It would do you well to surrender, friend.

Updated my position on the map. To clarify, Umaro is enlarged, not me. Also, can I climb up onto the stage next turn, if I can't I'd turn toward the stairs.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Winds be praised!" It worked. Well mostly.
I moved the icons of the two it affected.

Grand Lodge

Spells:
Orison: Detect Magic, Guidance, Spark, Create Water | lvl 1: Cure Light Wounds,Keen Senses, Feather Step, True Strike(D)
Human Druid (Dragon Shaman) 3
Stats:
AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | HP 24/24 | F +6 R +3 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Umaro lets out a laugh as the bettle vanishes after his attack. Then he moves to close in on the bard.

Sczarni

Tilda follows suit, trying to close in on the bard. After quickly scanning the stage, she notices that there is no flight of stairs that leads directly to the stage, so she gets as close as possible, attempting to hoist herself onto the podium.

She moves 55' to the edge of the stage, enters rage, and performs a maneuver to get up onto the stage.

getting to the stage: 1d20 ⇒ 16 Climb +1, acrobatics +1 Not sure how you want to rule that. Locally we use acrobatics; in an AP, climb was used. Obviously your call, but hence my inclusion of both skills. If I can continue my movement, I'll take up to my 25' remaining.

Rage: 1/8

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Either one is fine, and I'd say it's just a DC 5 check.

Tilda rushes forward and leaps atop the stage, suddenly without any sound at all, and feeling a little disconcerted. Alastor and Variel double move closer as well, followed shortly by Evigail, Maldoc, and Umaro.

Wymund Pratt, bereft of better options, slashes at Tilda.
Rapier: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Round 4
Tilda, Alastor, Variel, Evigail, Maldoc, & Umaro
--------------------------
Bard

I've updated the map a bit, and added Pratt.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus (Bladebound) [9.1] | HP 63/63 | AC 28 T 18 FF 22 | F +9 R +11 W +9 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | Init +8 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Acro/EA/Fly +8 | Climb/Swim/SM +3

Maldoc casts Chill Touch, activates his Arcane Bond and then moves into position to strike at the bard!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Melee: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21 for Weapon: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Touch: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11 for Weapon: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
Chill Touch if either hit is successful: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Also DC 13 Fort Save or losr 1 point of Strength

Guessing I hit for 4 and 2 points of damage there.

Grand Lodge

Spells:
Orison: Detect Magic, Guidance, Spark, Create Water | lvl 1: Cure Light Wounds,Keen Senses, Feather Step, True Strike(D)
Human Druid (Dragon Shaman) 3
Stats:
AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | HP 24/24 | F +6 R +3 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8

Umaro steps up behind Tilda, using his increased reach he stabs at the bard with his spear.

Spear attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Crit Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Sczarni

Tilda finishes her movement from last round, ending right on the edge of the stage.

Feeling some bard's rapier poke her, she rolls her eyes, making sure her head makes a similar motion in the silence, and takes a stab at him.

RPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 hoping to pierce him for damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Rage: 2/8; also should it matter, bane is still up.

Grand Lodge

Witch 6 [ HP 32/32 NL 0 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 R +6 W +6 | Init: +7 Per: +10 & bird+10]

Variel gives the bard the slumber hex.
Will DC 16 or free coup-de-graces for everyone.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed clambers over some chairs and slowly makes it to the stage edge.
R4: double move. FWIW bard is outside the silence (20 ft. radius).

Sczarni

Well then since it's not silent, Tilda snickers while she rolls her eyes. "Did you grab that from your mother's mending basket?" she chides, eying the rapier.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dhampir, Rogue 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 FF: 12 Touch: 14 | Saves: Fort: +2 Ref: +6 Will: +1 | Perception: +7 (+8 Trapfinding) | Init: +6 | CMB: 0 | CMD: 14

Alastor breaks into a run to catch up to the others.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

"Good job Pathfinders! We have you surrounded and if you try anything we will be forced to smash you. Surrender now and tell us what is happening with this Shadowlodge to give the Pathfinders such a bad name in Caer Magna."

so close I can feel it...

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus (Bladebound) [9.1] | HP 63/63 | AC 28 T 18 FF 22 | F +9 R +11 W +9 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | Init +8 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Acro/EA/Fly +8 | Climb/Swim/SM +3

Maldoc awaits the bard's reaction to the ultimatum that Seaweed has given. He would be wise to surrender now rather than die later.

Shadow Lodge

||CORE Rotating DM ||Fingerprints||King Xeros ||Serpent's Skull||

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The bard falls, but in your flurry of strikes are not certain if it is from the wounds or the spell.

On the stage you find a small chest that is easily cracked open. Inside are supply lists and a list of code names and dates. There is also a list of cities on one sheet: Absalom, Sothis, Kaer Maga, Oppara, Whitethrone, and Almas, leaving you to realize that Pratt, and whoever else he is working with or for has been very, very busy.

On the executed Pratt himself, you find a few scrolls, and a large purse of coin (890), as well as a potion that looks identical to the one you found on the goblins at the start of this trek.

I'll try to have Chronicle Sheets up soon, and talk about part 2.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus (Bladebound) [9.1] | HP 63/63 | AC 28 T 18 FF 22 | F +9 R +11 W +9 | CMB +7 CMD 25 | Init +8 | Perc +14 (low-light vision) | Acro/EA/Fly +8 | Climb/Swim/SM +3

It seems we have defeated the leader of this city's "Shadow Lodge" but there may be more where he came from, perhaps. Maldoc looks at the list and hands it to whoever wishes to examine it. We should probably report our findings and see what else must be done.

Grand Lodge

Witch 6 [ HP 32/32 NL 0 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 R +6 W +6 | Init: +7 Per: +10 & bird+10]

Yes indeed.

Sczarni

Tilda refrains from delivering a coup de grace, but she does drop out of rage. "Maldoc, we should let our VCs know about this as soon as possible. If the Shadow Lodge tries to do elsewhere what it tried to do here, the Society has a lot of damage control it needs to do."

Barring anyone's coup de grace action, Tilda bends down to see if the bard is still alive heal: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 and if so, will attempt to stabilize him heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8. "Maybe the Society has questions for him?"

Wait, what am I thinking?If the bard's alive, she casts CLW on him to stabilize him. clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Hopefully that won't put him above 0 hp, but Tilda will find herself with a trident against his neck should he get up. I have no rope, and tying him up may take longer than he has remaining HP.

Grand Lodge

Witch 6 [ HP 32/32 NL 0 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 R +6 W +6 | Init: +7 Per: +10 & bird+10]

You can cast zero lvl stabilize insted.

Grand Lodge

Spells:
Orison: Detect Magic, Guidance, Spark, Create Water | lvl 1: Cure Light Wounds,Keen Senses, Feather Step, True Strike(D)
Human Druid (Dragon Shaman) 3
Stats:
AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | HP 24/24 | F +6 R +3 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8

"It seems that the Shadowlodge has their eyes set on many prizes. We need to get word back to our Vc so they can take appropriate actions."

Umaro sits down crosslegged next to the bard, in case he awakes.

Sczarni

No, no I cannot. I can detect and read magic and create water and light. I cannot stabilize.

Grand Lodge

Mostly Male! Ini +0 PERC: +9 LN Human Cleric 7: AC: 22 t10 CMD: 14 F: 6, R: 4, W: 12 HP 59

Seaweed dips the holy symbol and a small drop of water lands on the murderous bard. "Let's tie him up friends, and see what else we can learn of the Shadowlodge. And take this thug to the appropriate authorities when we are don."
Stabilize, assuming it is not too late for the man.
"Anyone else that would like the Blessing of the Waves?"

251 to 281 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Beckett's "CITY OF STRANGERS" PFS PbP (1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.