Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master stormcrow27

Go kill the evil queen of Korvosa and get fat lootz or get dead. test


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,056 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Io, take 8 pts of damage and please roll me a Fort save


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

Raging.

"Ugh! What is with this thing! Get lost!

Greataxe Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 Damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Greataxe Power Attack (Confirm Critical): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 Damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

As his axe finds some serious purchase, Headsman roars with laughter.

"Haha! How do you like me now, sewer pest!"


Headsman's axe slashes across the arrow and bullet pocked body of the first tentacle beast, splashing gore, sewage, and bodily fluids all over him as it drops to the ground dead.


HP 40/48, Martial Flexibility 5/5, Init +7, Per +9, AC 21/14/17, Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +6, 3 Harrow Points Avalanche, Demon's Lantern harrow draws

Oops. Thought I posted.

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Io also manages to resist the infection that spreads from the beast's bite.

The first beast is down, while the second one is in close combat with Io. It's round 2, so everyone but Headmsam gets to go before the 2nd beast.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3
"Headsman" wrote:

As his axe finds some serious purchase, Headsman roars with laughter.

"Haha! How do you like me now, sewer pest!"

Loving it, Machaera thinks. Of course, one doesn’t normally say so in so many words, so instead she nods in a grim salute as Headsman’s axe bites brutally home and she herself darts forward to try to help Io, thoughts racing over her options.

Even as she chooses her spell, ducking and weaving to avoid the beast’s flailing tentacles, calling up power and incantation, she thinks, Are you mad? A mage, and here you are playing with pellets and powder! Next time!

Not a spark, not something fancy like a dragon binding, just something faster and … bigger. She sweeps her free hand in an arc that blazes before her as she concentrates on summertime, dancing a bonfire higher, her own voice leaping, “Eges, eges del!” Move action to get close enough to hit the monster and no one else with burning hands, standard to cast. Concentration check to cast defensively vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8 (Reflex DC 16 for half)

A fan of flame sweeps over the monster...


Male Human Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 4 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 26/33 | F +3 R +9 W+4 | Mwk Pistol +9 (1d8 x4 20ft Misfire: 1) Ammo 16 pepperbox 6/6 | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

The Merlin takes aim and fires another shot at the tentacled creature.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

Io you will feel your muscles bugle here a bit." Yanis tells her telepathically.

Yanis turns his attention to Io, moving his hands in an intricate pattern as he transfers power to Io.

Animal Affinity, +4 Str basically Bull's Strength for 4 minutes


HP 40/48, Martial Flexibility 5/5, Init +7, Per +9, AC 21/14/17, Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +6, 3 Harrow Points Avalanche, Demon's Lantern harrow draws

I could get used to this. Io responds, spinning and delivering a pair of roundhouse kicks to the beast's hide.

Power Flurry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Power Flurry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


The beast crumples to the ground dead.
from a flurry of bullets, fire and kicks

All party members gain 600 xp, since Albatross is no longer with us.

Loot on the bodies

Tentacle Beast 1
Coins 58 gp, 260 sp, 800 cp
Masterwork Items
Masterwork Studded Leather Armor (175 gp)
Total value = 175 gp

Magic Items
Oil of Purify Food and Drink (25 gp)
Scroll of Cause Fear (25 gp)
Scroll of Spider Climb (150 gp)
Wand of Ray of Enfeeblement (750 gp)
Total value = 950 gp

Total value 1217 gp
Hoard #2
Coins 53 pp, 342 gp, 30 sp
Gems
Alabaster (7 gp)
Ivory (50 gp)
Lapis Lazuli (7 gp)
Total value = 64 gp

Total value 939 gp


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

Can we see what the beasts were?

"That was interesting, where did those come from?" Yanis asks while poking one of the beasts with his spear.


Male Human Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 4 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 26/33 | F +3 R +9 W+4 | Mwk Pistol +9 (1d8 x4 20ft Misfire: 1) Ammo 16 pepperbox 6/6 | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

'Looks like from somewhere underground. They burst up out of the street.' The Black Merlin calls down as he reloads his weapon.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

“Curious,” Machaera says, peering at the nearest monster’s body as she reloads and holsters her pistol. She still can’t place what sort of creature it might be, but she takes comfort in correctly – apparently, at least – guessing that it wouldn’t use magic. Not the sort of thing such monster lore as she’s studied would focus on. Although speaking of magic…

Amidst the tentacles and muck from burrowing – it looks like – up from underground, Machaera spots the tell-tale shape of a wand, which she spares a second glance before sliding it through one of the convenient loops tailored into her sleeves. Just for the time being, honest! She’s not one of those elves that won’t trust any other species with magic! Well, not entirely. And she’ll definitely have to take care of the scrolls… ;)

She looks down the street, her gaze tracking up to the skyline, as if in weary resignation to the possibility that another attack could come from that quarter.

“The city really is restless, I suppose,” she muses quietly, her thoughts racing ahead. Damn! Where’s an urban druid when you need one? It’s only been a few moments, but the surprise has set her on edge, heightening her concern for the task at hand. “Let’s find our playwright before we find out what else Korvosa is chewing on.”


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"It is very restless indeed, denizens of the sewers coming up to attack. There is more to this than we know." Yanis nods at Machaera's assessment of the situation.


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

Headsman shakes off the gore and grime he has been more or less showered with as a result of his attack, winding down from his adrenalin rush.

"Great. Now I'm going to smell like sewer pests all day."

He helps gather the valuables and shoulders a good portion of the weight as the party begins moving on.


Yanis Boulin wrote:

Can we see what the beasts were?

"That was interesting, where did those come from?" Yanis asks while poking one of the beasts with his spear.

They came up from underground. If you like, you can make Knowledge local or History checks to see if there are rumors or instances of tentacled beasts roaming the sewers of Korvosa before this incident. Knowledge dungeoneering would also help.


"Headsman" wrote:

Headsman shakes off the gore and grime he has been more or less showered with as a result of his attack, winding down from his adrenalin rush.

"Great. Now I'm going to smell like sewer pests all day."

He helps gather the valuables and shoulders a good portion of the weight as the party begins moving on.

Prestidigitation is your friend.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

If this sort of thing happens again, I might have to start preparing it, for everyone's sake.

Hmm. Machaera isn't much for urban legends or the goopier sort of monsters, but random old stuff is one of her things! (Perks of an elvish lifespan, I guess? :) )

Even as she keeps an eye out for Moon Street, Machaera considers Yanis' words, trying to remember anything about accounts of monsters, sewer or otherwise, living underground in Korvosa. Know (history): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"Lets press on, who knows what else is roaming the streets other than the mob." Yanis says moving away from the beasts.

K. Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


In ages past and present, cities have made deals with offal and carrion eaters known as otyughs. They are intelligent predators who love eating garbage and dead things. They usually lair in sewers, disgusting dungeons, and up and coming boy band concerts. Korvosa has an agreement with several of them to patrol the sewers and help prevent the spread of disease from nasty things getting in the water, but these two apparently took their duties a little to far.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Machaera presses on for a bit with the others, but presently pulls up short for a moment as her subconscious finally digs up the fact she was looking for.

"Got it!" she says, holding up her hand. She would snap her fingers, if she were not in the habit of spending far too much time in too many libraries to be the sort of young lady to express herself so volubly. "So that's what an otyugh looks like!"

She looks back briefly over her shoulder. "One of the Leroungs had them ... imported, I suppose, to help deal with waste. That would have been, oh, two hundred years ago, or thereabouts? Before my time, anyway. They'll happily eat offal and ordure, and one can normally negotiate with them, but sometimes they get dangerously restive."

"It's difficult to say I blame them, really," her voice grows sombre at the direction of her thoughts as she starts walking again, and then hardens as she thinks about the maddening implications. "Being kept in the sewers... At all events, let's clean up one mess at a time."


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

"... wait. 'Negotiate'? You mean those things weren't beasts?"

Headsman appears troubled for a moment, before chuckling to himself.

"... and Chamberlain says I'm grumpy when I wake up."


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"They are beasts just I guess they can talk? or Negotiate like Machaera says." Yanis says as they move.


The party finally arrives at Moon Street, some smelling like roses and others smelling of what the dog uses to make the roses grow.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

I’m not even going to try to pretend that Machaera would purposely take one for the team next time. :) Then again, I’m sure there are enough ravenous monsters in our future that her turn will come sooner or later, just running the numbers.

“Hmm. What I know is only a historical footnote, really,” Machaera admits. “They certainly didn’t seem very talkative, but then, subterranean creatures aren’t really my specialty. Although anyone might go mad if they were quite confined to what they consider a pantry, no matter how well stocked.”

“Or a library,” she adds ruefully, poking gentle fun at herself, when she spots the sign for Moon Street. “Or a theatre, no matter how dearly one loves the arts. What do they say? ‘If music be the food…’? Something like that.”

Machaera maintains her brisk pace and her conversational tone as she starts looking for number 42, trying not to be too conspicuous, but painfully aware that in her armour she doesn’t look like someone whose immediate concern is artistic. Perhaps peddling recreational/entertainment alchemy would be a trifle more plausible? Worth a try, at least, if the wanted playwright balks at opening her door to just any heavily-armed strangers, depending on what the others might come up with. In the meantime, Machaera tries to remember what the least dangerous firework on her person might be, should a demonstration be called for. (Probably a starcandle, in case anyone's wondering. ;) )


The group arrives at Moon Street. Above them lies a complex filled with links to the Shingles. 42 appears to be an old tenement building, complete with lines of laundry hanging from clothes lines hanging from its three floors. Some people kill about, kids in hushed play, parents observing, a couple folding blankets after the dirt has been beaten out. All seems quiet, waiting for the beginning note of a composition not yet begun.


Male Human Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 4 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 26/33 | F +3 R +9 W+4 | Mwk Pistol +9 (1d8 x4 20ft Misfire: 1) Ammo 16 pepperbox 6/6 | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

The Black Merlin swiftly makes his way across the street and perches on the edge of the roof of 42's facing building. I can keep an eye on things out here. Hopefully getting her to come with us is quick. He thinks out to his companions.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

“Right,” Machaera thinks back to the group, taking a moment to tidy her hair, using the gesture to disguise her glance towards the rooftops and the approaches to and from the building the Merlin and Io will cover. “The best I can think of at the moment is a half-truth, the one I used when we got ourselves into this. I am an alchemist, and can enliven a show or gathering… Maybe some of her friends will have remembered that some characters tried to make sure no one got hurt this morning? Oh, and Headsman knows her, doesn’t he?”

With that, she heads for the door. She can feel a nervous smile twitching at the corners of her mouth, and she hopes she can turn it into the rakehell-y grin of a fascinating, artistic, and – most of all – harmless eccentric. She deliberately slows her movements, and keeps her hands obviously far from any of her weapons.

If no one stops her, she’ll go right on in, and hope there’s a directory, or a concierge to ask.


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

'Headsman you said you know this lady or know of her?" Yanis asks eyeing the building, taking a second to tidy his jacket and tie. "Headsman is not part of the communal thought so we need to talk to him outloud don't forget." Yanis says to the collective.

'Machaera thinks if we tell her we are here to help that we can get her to come out and have a chat/" Yanis fills their large friend in on the plan.


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

"I don't see why not. With all this ruckus, maybe we shouldn't have her come out in the open, though. Did you get an appartment number?"


So what is the party doing?


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. The plan is to just barge in / get a foot in the door, so that in case Trinia freaks out she'll have to get past us to get out the door, rather than starting with a street chase.

Now, we don't have an apartment number, I don't think, so if there's not a bunch of mailboxes or a superintendent on the ground floor, I guess we'll just start knocking on doors and get ready to talk fast. :)


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"We did not, so we just go door to door?" Yanis says knocking on the first door.


Korvosan tenements usually don't have apartment numbers, just tax records..

Yanis knocks on the door of the first room the group comes across. An elderly man, wearing a wine splotched green tunic, answers the door. He's still somewhat fit, though his arms have started to show the flap of gravity. Long strands of white hair are gathered in a top not, held by some sort of leather. He smells of lime, urine, and some random scent (roll Craft Alchemy to determine if you have the skill). "NO deliveries available today, chums! I'm still working on the last batch of rot hides for Lester over in Ridgefield. Besides, you crows never pay on time."


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

"Hate to trouble you, old man. We're looking for Miss Trinia Sabor, and it's really, really important. She lives somewhere around here, right?"


Male Human Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 4 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 26/33 | F +3 R +9 W+4 | Mwk Pistol +9 (1d8 x4 20ft Misfire: 1) Ammo 16 pepperbox 6/6 | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

The Merlin perches on the edge of the roof across from the tenement, watching for their quarry to pass or exit the building.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3
"Headsman" wrote:
"Hate to trouble you, old man. We're looking for Miss Trinia Sabor, and it's really, really important. She lives somewhere around here, right?"

“Please, we’re worried about her – the streets are something else. There are even things crawling out of the sewers!” Machaera chimes in, happy to follow Headsman’s lead. She’s been called worse than a crow in her time, so bandying words with this old – tanner? – when the person she actually needs to find is unaccounted for is not a temptation too difficult to resist, though Magpie! does flit across her thoughts. Her alchemist’s nose does almost twitch at the scent the old man’s wearing, even as she looks down the hall to see if anyone else might be about who could have seen Trinia this morning. Craft (alchemy): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Machaera detects the scent of tannin oil and charcoal coming from the man's clothes. The Black Merlins sees nothing but people going in and out of the tenement, birds flying around, etc.

"Trinia Sabor"The old man says. "Never heard of her. Is she your squeeze or pesh dispenser? What happened to you, guts boy? You smell like I do after a day's work, but with more crap on you. Did you fall down a sewer and encounter one of them things crawling out of them the pointy ear is talking about?

"As for you pointy ear, the streets are always something else when you get new pants on the seat of the throne. This Queen may have a finer looking seat to set on that throne then the old King did, but she's definitely got more issues then a sack of rabid kittens thrown at a dragon.. The old man wheezes, and then says to Yanis: Them crow masks always come with doctor types. You got any harlot sweets or brainburn to aid with a nite with the wasp walkers?


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"I don't on me no but I could get you some sure." Yanis "Are there many young women here who live alone?"


The old man nods. "There are some here and there in this section of the Shingles. Some are workers, others mothers, or others killers. You never know which is which these days, especially with that nonsense about the queen being in charge. It's a devilish cult that's behind the king's death. Probably Serpent people or reptilloids. I encountered some near Garund one time, back in my youth. Scary humanoid snakes with teeth that eat rats and speak like men...


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

Yanis stifles a smile as the man talk about conspiracy, "Thank you ser for your kind direction, hopefully our knocking will not disturb you to much." Yanis moves to the next door and knocks.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Sorry, folks. The past week has been rather hair-raising with tying up various loose ends at work as we get ready for what passes for spring break at my home institution, and the uncooperative weather is only making things worse.

Anywho, with the tannin and charcoal, as a callow millennial, the best guess I’ve got is to double down on the tanner hypothesis.

Old gamer crone flashback, spoilers for old computer games:
Which reminds me alarmingly of Baldur’s Gate II!

Machaera colours faintly at the strange old man’s question. She’s a professional, so she tries not to be too fazed by the requests she hears, but she does wish that of all the things people could ask an alchemist, there might be more – well, almost anything else, really. Air crystals? Insight leaves? Blasting jelly? Advice on the proper uses of a whimsy star?

I suppose it’s good to know they’re still calling them ‘wasp walkers’ in this part of the world, she muses, though ‘brainburn’s’ something new, to me, at least.

She shudders to think what one would want it for, given the context, and the next turn of the conversation leads her to conclude that the man’s brains are quite burned enough already. I think they’ll resign themselves to ‘lizardfolk,’ if forced by circumstances to converse in Taldane…

Aloud, as Yanis moves on, Machaera half-whispers, “Until you can get the sweets, you could try just soaking the skins, find a better buyer than that cheapskate Lester. Just a tip. Lady bless us all, right?”

Before she joins the others, she casually floats a last question on the off chance that something will have come back to the old weirdo. Holding a hand at an average human woman’s height, she says, “Anyway, about Trinia. She would be about so tall, on the small side, blonde, pretty… You might have seen her with a sheaf of parchment, or paints and such? Thanks for your time.”


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

I could find Harlot sweets, not Brain Burn or wasp walkers

Yanis continues on down the row of doors while Machaera questions the man a bit more about Trinia.


"Nope, don't know nothing about any blond parchment woman. Sounds like one of those protesting artsy types who live upstairs. Make all sort of racket and praise about leading the charge to destroy the barricades with the sound of angry men and women. Young people, always wanting to change the world without any sense of how to do it. That reminds me of the time King Eodred decided to start a bank anyone could invest in without balance limits. It lasted a week before someone burned it down in the name of the workers. They found a group of young anarchists hiding near the University, and the Hellknights plus the gold crossbowmen put them down quick enough.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Machaera’s ears almost twitch at the lead, and she passes it down through Yanis’ link in case anyone missed it. “It’s a start, at least – artsy young things upstairs!”

She makes her excuses to the talkative tenant, trying to be marginally less pretentious than usual, “Isn’t that the way of it? But we’ve taken enough of your time as it is. Thanks again, and I hope you have better luck with your gold – and the yellowjackets!” Extrapolating from ‘wasp walkers.’ ;)

Father and mother would be horrified, she thinks, even as the words leave her mouth. She quickly rejoins the others, “Let’s go.”

She makes sure to let the Black Merlin, watching from his vantage point, know that they’re on the move. “Heading upstairs. Anyone in the windows? Or any closed, that look out onto the street?”


The Black Merlin sees little traffic coming out of the tenement, but there does seem to bee some people in the second and third floor windows. Yanis knocks on the next door, but there is no response.


Male Human Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 4 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 26/33 | F +3 R +9 W+4 | Mwk Pistol +9 (1d8 x4 20ft Misfire: 1) Ammo 16 pepperbox 6/6 | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

Marlin takes his eyes of the entrance for a moment and does a quick sweep of the windows at the mental message. There looks to be a few people in there. Hang on, let me see if I can get a count.

Watching the windows for 30 seconds to a minute can I get a rough count of how many people are inside?


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"No one here, I will keep going down till we get a respone." Yanis says.

I guess if she isn't on this floor and unless you want to do some fun RP stuff we could move to the next floor.


The Black Merlin is able to count about 15 people or so based on his observations.


Male Human Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 4 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 26/33 | F +3 R +9 W+4 | Mwk Pistol +9 (1d8 x4 20ft Misfire: 1) Ammo 16 pepperbox 6/6 | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

I think there may be 15 or more people in there. I'm going to come over to that roof. Be careful. The Black Merlin had already begun making his way towards the ground before finishing the though.

1,951 to 2,000 of 2,056 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / First post for gameplay thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.