Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master stormcrow27

Go kill the evil queen of Korvosa and get fat lootz or get dead. test


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,056 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

K. Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Yanis tries to recall that name.


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

Headsman curses under his breath, as he immediately begins moving. Big chaos was bound to ensue back home at the Court, and he could only hope the kids would be fine.

Seeing as Miss Sabor is in his home neighborhood, any chance Headsman might have heard of her? Perhaps she's interacted with some of the kids in the past?

I'm going to check on the Court back at the Shingles too. I need to make sure they're staying safe.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Machaera’s relieved when the crowd largely disperses before things get as ugly as they could, but it’s still a mess, and she doesn’t like how little she knows what’s going on. Who were those actors? Their bad luck too, she thinks, to put on something so obviously subversive just when some bounty’s being bawled.

Some thinly veiled historical allegory would have been a better choice. The lamentable fate of the royal Antoninus, among our friends in Cheliax? Her thoughts turn to sarcasm as she reflects on what a strange place Korvosa is, not for the first time. Seeing the dust beginning to settle, Headsman restless, and the guard apparently not having decided that Machaera and the others are to be lumped together with the actors, the mage decides to try to find out what’s going on.

Glad not to have caught anyone’s eye so far, and shedding the shaky personae she used to try to get the crowd moving, Machaera resumes her own proper genteel demeanour and approaches the guards with her head high.

“That seems a bit unnecessary,” she says, referring to the brutal arrest with icy disdain. In for a copper, in for a platinum, she thinks, and glibly formalizes the adventurers’ position on the spot, “Special agent to the Crown Selanna. Report, Guardsman: what possible development in the Sabor situation could justify such a ham-fisted operation?”

It’s not all bluff: while these particular guards might not have heard about the group recently hired for delicate – or at least specialized – tasks, Machaera fishes out her copy of the pass Field Marshal Kroft gave them all, exempting them from the curfew and effectively deputizing them. (Perks of growing up in a wizard school: learning how to disguise uncertainty with pretentious bluster. :) )


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"Go we will make sure things stay calm here, I will lose you on this connection soon. Send a runner if you need us." Yanis says. Watching Macaera go to the Guards Yanis follows her.


Sorry,stupid panic attacks kept me down on Friday. Anyway, responses

At Yanis, you may have heard Trinia Sabor used to be some form of artist, performance and portraiture mostly, ensconced in the Shingles of Midlands. She's somewhat well known for her plays against the elite of Korvosa at the avant garde theater Exemeplary Excreables. They're aimed at pilloring the nobility and the rather tight budgets assigned to the Korovsan Guard who run operations in Old Korvosa and the docks.

@Headsman, Miss Sabor has run into the Court a time or two. She's even sat one or two down for a series of paintings called the Copper Court of Calamity, showing how the laws of Korvosa favor the wealthy and the well connected. She's a pretty, slight blonde woman who lives in Midland amongst the Shingles.

The guard looks at Machaera, and says "Trinia Sabor is wanted for assassination of King Eodred the Second, disturbing the piece, impugning the character of the Queen and the High Council, public indecency, incitement to rebellion, and operating a shop without a license. She's a menace to the lawful government and order in this city. Go check with the Marshal if you want the details. Me, I want her for the reward and a nice ride afterwards."


Male Human Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 4 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 26/33 | F +3 R +9 W+4 | Mwk Pistol +9 (1d8 x4 20ft Misfire: 1) Ammo 16 pepperbox 6/6 | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

The Merlin races along the edges of the rooftops for a few blocks, attempting to lead the guards away. When he's sure they're following him or not he moves further in to break line of sight to the street. After a few more blocks, the bird-masked man drops into an alleyway.


Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 3 | Init +5 | Perc +5 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 16/23 | F +3 R +7 W+3 | Club +2 (1d6) | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

After a short while, a familiar limping soldier of fortune makes his way out of the alleyway. He stops to squint up at the sky and rub his lower back before turning and walking towards Zellara's former residence.


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"A nice ride afterwards? Does the reward include a horse of some sort?" Yanis asks out loud before realizing he should have been more quiet.

"We will see the Marshall yes, thank you for information my young lady." Yanis' smiles the dark skin pulling up as he does.


"Not a horse ride, citizen, but a good roll in the hay nevertheless. Have a good day."


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

haha I knew it, Yanis not so much but I thought that is what she was talking about.

Yanis nods at the woman.

K. Local her garb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


The guard is wearing armor from Korvosa, a surcoat with the guard symbol on it, and a beanie. Or at least what Yanis imagines is a beanie.


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

Moving back into the house Yanis waits for the others to join him.

"So we have to find this Trinia first."


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Whoa, wait, what?! Did that just go where I’m afraid it did? That just got awfully dark.

Machaera listens to the catalogue of charges calmly, unsure what to make of them. Given how high feelings are running in the city, she’s not surprised that rumours and accusations of assassination are flying around, but this hardly seems the most effective way to pursue a lead. The bumptious additional charges are just the sort of flourish she expects from Korvosa’s style, and even Machaera’s comparatively subdued rebellious streak is tempted to display the count cheekily, childishly, on her fingers.

The guard’s last words, though, banish all frivolousness from the mage’s thoughts. Her face grows pale, sternly livid.

“I don’t think that’s very likely,” she says, her voice clipped. “Try not to kill anyone as you’re running around. Or worse.”

She turns on her heel, a contemptuous gesture of dismissal flowing rapidly, if stiffly, into an urgent summons of everyone left, once they can get a bit of privacy.

Yanis Boulin wrote:

Moving back into the house Yanis waits for the others to join him.

"So we have to find this Trinia first."

“I agree,” Machaera nods, mouth tight with anger. “Do you recognize the name? Or should we stop by the Citadel for more information? Do we even have time?”

“I don’t like this: it’s a gods-damned stupid way of catching anyone clever enough to – supposedly – have assassinated even a backwater royal. And if that’s the sort of brute that fills out the ranks of the Guard…” … Korvosa deserves everything it gets. She keeps the last thought to herself as she rocks nervously on the balls of her feet, obviously ready to break into a run in whatever direction necessary to try to restore a measure of sanity to the situation.


The guard was referring to brothels after getting the reward, not assaulting anyone. They're licensed like gambling parlors with vice taxes, like everything else "illegal" in Korovsa. I'll make that more clear nex time so things aren't quite so dark.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for freaking out. I’ve been doing some unhappy reading lately.

On a lighter note, I guess the whole thing shows what Machaera can imagine gold is useful for. Umm… Reasonably-priced love, as Terry Pratchett would say, might be [some vague duration Machaera is too innocent to think] of bliss, but a full spellbook is a joy forever.


Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 3 | Init +5 | Perc +5 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 16/23 | F +3 R +7 W+3 | Club +2 (1d6) | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

Spelbar grumbles angrily as he maneuvers around guardsmen and citizenry through the crowd. He huffs crankily up to Machaera. 'What was that all about? Guard out rounding up the youth? About time if you ask me.' He practically shouts.


Machaera Selanna wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for freaking out. I’ve been doing some unhappy reading lately.

On a lighter note, I guess the whole thing shows what Machaera can imagine gold is useful for. Umm… Reasonably-priced love, as Terry Pratchett would say, might be [some vague duration Machaera is too innocent to think] of bliss, but a full spellbook is a joy forever.

Provided no one casts erase on it...


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"The name sounds familiar, I don't know if I could place her if I saw her. We could hit up the Citadel for a better description and last whereabouts then head out." Yanis says starting to put his items in his travel bag.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3
stormcrow27 wrote:
Machaera Selanna wrote:

... a full spellbook is a joy forever.

Provided no one casts erase on it...

*Pales.* *Swoons.* Who – who would do such a thing? What kind of monster could even think of it? (A goblin, probably. :) )

Spelbar Chunt wrote:
Spelbar grumbles angrily as he maneuvers around guardsmen and citizenry through the crowd. He huffs crankily up to Machaera. 'What was that all about? Guard out rounding up the youth? About time if you ask me.' He practically shouts.

Machaera greets the old soldier with a small, weary, but heartfelt smile. “Terrible, isn’t it? Young people, these days…”

The young elf speaks in absolute deadpan, before going on to explain the situation as she understands it, “Still, some poor playwright seems to be in over her head. Accused of killing the king, but they’re throwing the book at her, and they don’t seem to be fussy about what they drag up – or kick down – as they bring her in.”

Nodding in agreement with Yanis, she swoops pointedly in a rapid arc to scoop up a fragment of one of the spheres the Guard’s odd crossbows launched, her curious warrior’s eye assessing the thing even as the group starts quickly in the direction of the Citadel. Magic? Or just alchemy? she considers inwardly, but aloud, “I don’t know. If we can find her first, we can at least put an end to the…”

Her lips curl in sardonic irony. “…witch-hunt.”


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

Meanwhile, in the Shingles...

Headsman makes his way into the Shingles, pushing his shoving his way past what is likely a gathering crowd.

This can't be good...

Any happenings here?


There is a crowd engaging in a protest against the guard and the Queen, and the guard is moving in on the Shingles in Midland to disrupt it.


So what are the party's next moves?


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

Headsman crashes through the front door of the old court, startling a few of the kids when he nearly slams the door off of its hinges.

"Alright! Listen up! You've probably heard the big mess outside. It's not safe outside right now, and I want you guys to stay in. If you absolutely have to go out for some reason, make sure you get one of us older kids and teenagers to accompany you. Shepherd, I'm putting you on door duty. I'm serious."

With the group's attention gathered on him, he continues.

"This is really important. You guys remember Ms. Sabor, who did paintings here a few times?"

Headsman chuckles back at the memory. The painter had brought them bread and cookies, that had certainly made her popular amongst the kids.

"Does anyone know where she lives? I need to talk to her, and fast."


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

Sorry thought I had posted

"Indeed we can, we need to find her and get her to leave the city before the guards find her and worse happens. We can set out at once, head by the Citadel first to collect what they know of her and her whereabouts." Yanis says drawing the strings closed on his pack.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

What he said. :)

As the group sets out, Machaera considers Yanis’ strange mental magic again. “Doctor,” she says over her shoulder, “How far does your … link extend, again? Keep a mind’s eye on Headsman, hmm? Let him know where we are, when you can.”

Under the circumstances, it’s good to be moving, and the mage sets a quick pace: nothing as conspicuous as a run, but quite a brisk trot. She keeps to the main thoroughfares, wide enough to navigate at speed, and not taxing the sense of direction of someone who’s not local.

* * *

A couple of minutes later, slowing down to slip by some overloaded carts slowing traffic in a curve of the road, another idea comes to the forefront of Machaera’s crowding thoughts. The whole situation is just too far from how she would handle things, and she has her own history of reasons to be leery of Korvosa’s overzealous guard and judiciary. “Does anyone recognize the name well enough to speculate if she could have done it?”

The unspoken question of what to do if the group does manage to find the accused playwright first hangs heavy in the air. It shouldn’t make a difference, but Machaera can’t help but get ready to calculate if it’s worth asking for another favour from her better-connected friends to secure the services of a good barrister. At this rate, I’ll be doing the fireworks for all Prasitis’ and her father’s parties for the next hundred years…

It’s a relief when the gate of the Citadel finally appears, and Machaera makes a beeline for it. As soon as she gets close enough to not make a huge fuss about it, she barks out questions to the guards on duty, asking for the Field Marshal, if she’s available, or, failing that, the ranking officer on dispatch.

She may be enjoying playing the role of appointed agent to the crown a bit too much. :) And by all means let me know if any of my posts move the action further along than anyone wants.


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"I won't be able to keep him connected since he has gone so far and I changed my link to you." Yanis says. "It is about a mile or so." Yanis follows quickly behind Nachaera, keeping pace with her as best as he can.

"I do not, she is a play wright I think, I doubt she would have the stomach for murder like that."


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

Sorry if my splitting off like that is causing any trouble. With the trouble happening so close to home, I can't imagine Headsman would do anything else except rush there.


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

You acted as your character, we will get the info and swing by to grab you


Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 3 | Init +5 | Perc +5 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 16/23 | F +3 R +7 W+3 | Club +2 (1d6) | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

Spelbar falls in with his companions. 'Let me think on her a while' He wheezes and then falls silent for a bit as he ponders the name.

Anything any of my identities know about Sabor?

Know Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

fwoof, with that roll, probably not


@Spelbar, nope nothing comes up.


Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 3 | Init +5 | Perc +5 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 16/23 | F +3 R +7 W+3 | Club +2 (1d6) | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

Spelbar grunts as he returns from his thoughs. 'Never was one for the theater.'


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Machaera quickly paces the courtyard of the Citadel, trying to catch the eye of someone who looks like they’re important enough to know something useful. It’s either that, or finding out just how much trouble she could get into by trying to find the Field Marshal’s office on her own, or pressing a group of ordinary guards into providing backup. After all, with Yanis’ link and a bit of support on the ground, she and the other irregulars might be able to perform their own sweep of Midland a bit more productively than just bawling for the suspect.


Sorry for the delay, work and some medical stuff have slowed me down this week. Nothing life threatening or anything.

Machaera and the team manage to catch the attention of a guard, who leads you into Marshal Kroft's office. She motions for the group to sit down. Cressida looks harried, with bags under her eyes as she shifts in her seat.

"Thanks for coming. You've heard the rumors by now that king's killer has been named, but things seem very unusual about the way she was found. The queen could have had Trinia Sabor arrested at any time, yet the way she revealed the information to the city seems to keep she wants the riots to continue. I doubt this girl will receive a fair trial,since the mob will lynch her or bounty hunters will collect her alive or dead. Mob justice or the end of an assassin's knife aren't the way for even a murderer to go. If she's innocent, then the real killer goes free and we have executed an innocent woman for nothing."

"Before Trinia is captured and executed, I need to make sure she's guilty. And that means we need to catch her before someone else does. I've amanafed to determine her last known address at a flat in Midland at 42 Moon Street. The rest of the guard and the mob will find that out sooner or later. Plus, the local batch of Hellknights of the Order of the Nail are patrolling for her. On top of that, word is Queen Ileosa's not satisfied with what the Korvosan Guard been doing to address the situation. She's preparing to disband the Sable Company, and institute a new guard to bring order back to the city. Some of the Korvosan Guard are still loyal to me, but they're stretched thin to cover the riot situation. I need you to go to Midland, get Trinia, and bring her back here, safe and sound, so we can interrogate her with magic, and make absolutely sure she's the assassin. Can you do it?"


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

“We’ll do our very best,” Machaera says, “but in all honesty it seems like quite the race to see who’ll find her first.”

The mage hasn’t stopped pacing since the group’s arrived, and she looks about ready to bolt. Having narrowly avoided a miscarriage of justice herself, hearing that a mob is out, even for someone else’s blood, makes her even more skittish than usual. She tries to focus as irrelevancies tumble through her thoughts. Disband the Sable Company? Trained aerial cavalry? Whatever for?

With a glance at the others, she finally slows, obviously choosing her words carefully as she continues to address the Field Marshal, trying to be as diplomatic as possible, “Planning optimistically, if we do find her – and please forgive me if I’m overstepping bounds – could I be present at the interrogation? My magic stems from different roots, but I might be able to learn something that will allow me to serve the Queen and the Guard better.”

She dips into a slight curtsey, hoping the Field Marshal remembers the relatively bloodless Vancaskerkin sting. What Machaera very desperately hopes is not obvious is that observing would also let her worry less about the possibility that this ever-so-wanted agitator very conveniently confess or disappear. From bitter experience, she knows it's not difficult to find a Korvosan jury eager to convict, even in cases with much lower stakes.

“Paranoid and deferential? You’ll go far in Mini-Cheliax, Miss Selanna.” At least, I hope so. :)


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"As Machaera said we will do our best to find her and return her here in one piece." Yanis tells the commander.

"There is more to this than we know, who would the queen put in place of the Guard? The Palace guard is not large enough to protect the city."

"Have the riots been quelled any?" Yanis says watching his surface elf companion pace the room.


Male Human Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 4 | Init +8 | Perc +7 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 26/33 | F +3 R +9 W+4 | Mwk Pistol +9 (1d8 x4 20ft Misfire: 1) Ammo 16 pepperbox 6/6 | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

This whole thing stinks. I'd like to talk to Ms Sabor ourselves before we turn her over to anyone.


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"I agree, we can do that if we move quickly and find her first."

"Have they put out wanted posters? If we are only competing in this against the guard we might get there first. If we are competing against the whole city and the under world we may be to late." Yanis says


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Machaera gives a slight twitch as she registers the unfamiliar perception of the others’ mental conversation. I had forgotten that Yanis had switched to include her in the link.

Tentatively, she focuses on projecting her thoughts, grateful that she has to do so, and that her every notion isn’t flickering through her allies’ heads. “Certainly. If it comes to it, I could try to get help from the embassy – for legal counsel – but it won’t be easy.”

How does the song go? Lawyers, guns, and money? Well, we have the second, and a bit of the third. Now to find someone with the right Profession trained. :) And we'll see what Kroft says about observing the official interrogation.


The Marshal responds,"I can make arrangements for you to be at the interrogation,ar least the initial one. As for the wanted posters, the reward has been cried out to various places in the city. Sabor's image hasn't been released to the public at large, but it's safe to assume the Cerulean Guild and other sources are hunting for her, including the Hellknights.

The riots have spiked again. They have only become worse since this news dropped, and the Acadame as well as the Temple of Abadar have been loath to aid us. If this new guard detachment the queen is proposing comes to fruition, then I shudder to think what type of order it will impose on the city. The queen is young, wealthy, and has resources beyond my reach.


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"I understand Captain, we will do our best to bring her in before it gets to out of control. We have a member of our party to pick up first and some resources in the city to talk with about helpings us." Yanis smiles, :If that is all we will be on our way."


"That is all I have for you my friends. Thanks for your service to Korvosa, and watch out on the streets. They are not safe for even those that run them.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3

Machaera nods her acknowledgment of the salutations Yanis and the Field Marshal exchange, even as she sends her thoughts buzzing through the link she shares with the group. “Well, it’s a start, at least. If the throne gets secretive after the ‘initial’ interrogation, though… Honestly, I’ll see what I can think of, but anything as useful as true invisibility is still beyond my skill.”

She’s not sure if Yanis’ link works this way, or how intelligible the result will be to non-mages, but she visualizes some of her spell calculations and tries to pass them along to show what would be involved in the sort of magical espionage that she imagines would be required.

The young mage pauses at the door as everyone files out. She doesn’t envy Kroft her job, and while she’s frustrated with how quickly Korvosans seem to escalate everything, she can’t help feeling a bit sorry for the new queen. Just how young is she, again – humans are all so ephemeral – and unexpectedly thrust onto the throne? Machaera offers an apologetic smile of her own and what she hopes is a suitably tactful framing of the situation, “I’m sure her majesty means well. Under the circumstances, various improbable suggestions are likely getting more attention than they warrant. New regiment or no, I’m sure the Sable Company will still emerge ready to help the Guard and all Korvosa. In the meantime – we’ll find Ms. Sabor.”

With that, she slips through.

And, now that I think of it… Seconds too late, a last thought occurs to her. The Field Marshal mentioned it, so she must know, but so might Machaera’s fellow deputies, who are actually local. She pitches her thoughts to be ‘heard’, “Wait a moment. The Cerulean Guild? I thought Korvosa didn’t go in for … voluntary associations?” Hmm. Or whatever other euphemism for “union” is appropriate in Free-Market-land. :/


Free market land does go for unions when they're the thieves' union. Legal thievery is safer when it's regulated, or so Korvosan logic goes. TLDR; The Cerulean Guild is the local and legal Korvosan Thieves' Guuld.


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

Once outside and on the Road Yanis turns to his companions.

"We must get Headsman and then find this young lady. We could disguise her, that may assist us in bringing her back safely."


Vigilante(Wildsoul/Gunmaster) 3 | Init +5 | Perc +5 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 CMB +2 CMD 16 | HP 16/23 | F +3 R +7 W+3 | Club +2 (1d6) | Harrow Points 4 | Harrow Card The Dance

'I could take a pass at a get up for her. I had a bit of a hand with make up and costumes when I guarded an acting troupe. Their costuner couldn't hold his drink and I was usually in the wagon with him when it got the better of him. Director blamed me for it every time.' Spelbar speaks wistfully about his time with the troupe.


Harrow points 4 HP 26 l AC 16 (T 12, FF 14) l F +5 R +3 W +7 l Ini +2 Perc +14 PP 17/17 l HP 26/26 (15 NL) l Transfer Wound 7/7 l Steal Health (7 dmg/Healing)

"You will have more experience than myself, I could make her look like a patient or plague victim." Yanis offers.


Female Elf Magus (hexcrafter) 3 / Wizard (Primalist, transmuter) 1| AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 28/28 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Init +8| Perc +3
stormcrow27 wrote:
Free market land does go for unions when they're the thieves' union. Legal thievery is safer when it's regulated, or so Korvosan logic goes. TLDR; The Cerulean Guild is the local and legal Korvosan Thieves' Guuld.

*Facepalm.* Remind me again why we’re not doing the Nero thing and, I don’t know, joining the Queen to fiddle away while Korvosa burns? Huh. Which crazy mage had the idea to put “Chaotic Good” on her character sheet? Serves me right. :)

As the discussion turns to disguises as the group approaches the Cooper Street Court, Machaera mainly keeps quiet. She’s never cared all that much for illusions, and a proper transmutation to completely change a person’s appearance is still, embarrassingly, beyond her. Primal magic can occasionally have broadly similar effects, but it’s not something to count on. It’s bad enough when only one’s hair turns blue for a day, she remembers, with a shudder.

She is careful not to broadcast that last thought. Aloud, she says instead, speaking from another past experience, “That reminds me that I do need to acquire some more woad. Hardly inconspicuous, but unless she’s already the type, it would be quite a difference.”

Headsman, I think you can decide that we’re about to knock on your door. :) Quick edit: So we can all regroup, of course. That’s not Machaera assuming that any Shoanti person would know where to get good warpaint in town. *Dodges bullet of unfortunate implications and unfair assumptions.*


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

Show up when ready. I was waiting for the party to catch up. Also please. Headsman knows where to get the best war paint in town. Not because he's Shoan-ti. Because he's a street urchin.


Never underestimate the value of street urchins. As for Shoanti war paint, the magical versions are awesome, since they last for 24 hours per application. Shoanti War Paint


HP 40/49, Rage 11/11, Init +4, Per +10, AC 19/15/15 (U-D, +1 dodge with 2 adj. allies, +1 danger sense), Fort +6, Ref +5 (+1 w/ 2 adj. allies), Will +5, 3 Harrow Points (Peacock/Rabbit Prince)

Yikes, thems some pricy pigments.

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,056 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / First post for gameplay thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.