Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

est. 2011
PF6 Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport, around the Shackles, and Beyond
MAPS


17,301 to 17,318 of 17,318 << first < prev | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Richard slithers up a sickly looking tree to keep a lookout, but does nothing to diminish Dingus' unease as every driftwood log or vegetative mound appears vaguely threatening to the familiar.


Male Human Cleric 6+5 of Besmara | hp -43- 53/55 | AC 23, t 13, ff 20 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 2/3 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 3/6 | Insanity 3 (DC 10 Will) | Conditions: copycat

Corliss again rubs the bump on his noggin as he tries to come up with a decent plan. "It be too cold fer gators...methinks," he says to (possibly) calm Dingus's nerves a bit. Finally, he seems to come to a decision. "Can't help but think we oughtta be within shoutin' distance o' Jim; no tellin' if them thugs'll turn on him the moment he no longer serves a purpose. Can little Richard swim? Might be advisable to send him ahead a bit while we follow all slow an' stealthy at a safe distance. Us sloshin' through the swamp be loud an' gives away Kaulie's position iff'n our foes be smart or sharp-eyed."


Male Human Sorcerer 6/4, Cleric 1: HP 44/(44); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3: 5/5, 2:7/7, 1:7/7) IP-17

"Aye. He can swim... but first we got to either convince him that there are no gators here... or that they can climb trees".


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+5 | HP 70/70| AC 21/14/NA | F+5, R+9, W+2 | IP 1 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft. | Status: -

Inwardly cursing the water and its stymying of stealth Kaul presses closer... slower...

Sneaky Sloshing: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Corliss volunteers Little Richard to scout the swamp but the familiar wants nothing to do with that and just glares down at the sailor with an unblinking and quite venomous stare. Meanwhile, Kaul proceeds forward at a stealthy and very slow rate that would deceive even the sharpest lookout. The displaced water around his legs is barely differentiated from the other gaps in the algal mat floating on the still waters.

Kaul eventually makes his way to the first bottomed boat and sniffs to locate the mercenaries.
1d20 ⇒ 131d10 ⇒ 9

His nose is directed slightly to the east and south where the men must have gone into a pile of wreckage that rises above the water and muck about 50 yards off.


Jim:
Jim spots the second wave of mercs about the same time that he hears Svetesky's muttering. He doesn't seem happy about the locations of the meetup and seems less happy when he sees Jim. Jaravo chuckles good naturedly. "Cheer up, Svetesky. You got all afternoon to dry out and play cards and you're getting paid just the same for this little vacation." Svetesky and Crixus haul themselves up the rope ladder dangling over the rotted rail and join the others on the deck. Svetesky heads over to the cabin to look at the card game inside and then pries off his boots letting them drain. "Why didn't we at least have a raft to pole out here?" he gripes. Jaravo just smiles and shrugs and goes back to keeping a watch. Svetesky snorts and turns his annoyance toward Jim. "You don't play cards? I thought you were supposed to be the friendly pirate."


Male Human Cleric 6+5 of Besmara | hp -43- 53/55 | AC 23, t 13, ff 20 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 2/3 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 3/6 | Insanity 3 (DC 10 Will) | Conditions: copycat

Corliss continues to play Grandma Dingus's kindly guide, though he now moves forward more slowly.

"Have ye come up with a good excuse why we be out here?" he asks the wizard in a hushed whisper. "I was gonna go with 'Me Granny's lookin' fer a nice place to be buried once she passes,' but there be way too much groundwater hereabouts for that to have any hope o' flyin'."

Corliss Blackboots Stealth Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1+5 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 61/62 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +7

Cap'n:
Jim grins at the gladiator. "Why, a man of the world such as yourself should know that a stranger in a game can only lose--either coin or blood, and at the moment I'd prefer to keep both. Besides, if things go sideways in a hurry, at least a couple of us shouldn't be caught sitting down. Once all this is done, though, I'm buying."


Male Human Sorcerer 6/4, Cleric 1: HP 44/(44); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3: 5/5, 2:7/7, 1:7/7) IP-17

"Well you young Whippersnapper, of course we're out here looking for my poor pet snake who wandered off in this direction".


Richard drops onto Dingus and disappears into the old lady's shawl to hide. Her chaperone is definitely not hidden as he guides her through the marshes but he plays his role well. They eventually reach the first ruined boat still seeing no sign of either the pair of gladiators they were following or Kaul. Apparently Kaul is still nearby because they hear his low whisper directing them toward a pile of ruined ships and random flotsam about 50 yards ahead. By the time they reach it, Kaul's sniffer has been snuffed but he remains invisible for the moment and Dingus and Corliss maintain their disguises. How about some perception checks?


Jim:
Jim's good-natured response gets nothing but a sneer from Svetesky who heads into the ship's cabin to join the card game. Jaravo gives Jim a knowing grin as passes by on his rounds moving from bow to stern on his watch.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+5 | HP 70/70| AC 21/14/NA | F+5, R+9, W+2 | IP 1 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft. | Status: -

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

After whispering directions Kaul's mind drifts to what Lopper is up to right now...


Male Human Cleric 6+5 of Besmara | hp -43- 53/55 | AC 23, t 13, ff 20 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 2/3 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 3/6 | Insanity 3 (DC 10 Will) | Conditions: copycat

Sorry. I either had a post eaten by the board gremlins or forgot to click Submit. Was mostly just more sneakin' an' peekin.'

Corliss Blackboots Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Cleric 6+5 of Besmara | hp -43- 53/55 | AC 23, t 13, ff 20 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 2/3 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 3/6 | Insanity 3 (DC 10 Will) | Conditions: copycat

Just want to satisfy my own curiosity and memory: if I forgot to click Submit, the next roll might be a 9.

Corliss Blackboots Stealth Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 (Ha! Even worse than a 9!)


Male Human Sorcerer 6/4, Cleric 1: HP 44/(44); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3: 5/5, 2:7/7, 1:7/7) IP-17

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Dingus Perception

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Peeping Richard Perception


The old lady and her guide stumble into an unseen obstacle just before reaching the ruined ship pile up. Kaul's sniffer is about snuffed. A serpent's arrow-shaped head pops out from under the old woman's shawl and flicks its tongue. It hisses and Dingus hears, "I don't sssmell the humansss but maybe there are tasssty ratsss in the boatsss?" If Richard had shoulders, he'd shrug.


Male Human Sorcerer 6/4, Cleric 1: HP 44/(44); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3: 5/5, 2:7/7, 1:7/7) IP-17

"Richard thinks we should explore the boats... quietly..."


Male Human Cleric 6+5 of Besmara | hp -43- 53/55 | AC 23, t 13, ff 20 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 2/3 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 3/6 | Insanity 3 (DC 10 Will) | Conditions: copycat

"Well, it'd give us the chance to get out o' sight fer a bit," Corliss whispers to Dingus and his snake. "Might be good fer our excuse iff'n we're discovered out here...say we're lookin' to recover somethin' lost when the ol' ship sank."

17,301 to 17,318 of 17,318 << first < prev | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.