Back in Business (Alpha Run) [Shadowrun 4E]

Game Master CloakedInSmoke

This is the thread for the Alpha Run campaign of Back in Business (Shadowrun, 4th edition).


401 to 450 of 519 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm not sure about how movement is divided. I know you can split your movement between IPs, but I'm not sure if you have to. It wouldn't make sense for characters with only 1 IP to be able to move 10m in a pass while a character with higher reflexes would have a maximum of 3 or 5 m per pass (depending on how many passes they have). I'll rule that you can divide your movement between passes however you want. If you want to move all 10m/25m in 1 IP, that's fine, you just have lost the ability to move in future passes in the same CT.

Reality Hackers, 2nd IP
Call off the tiger! I'm warning you! the Hacker's voice is more than a little frantic, but he still has not killed the girl.

Fighter 5 wastes no time in rushing to cover in the opposite direction of the tiger.

Jack, you're up.


Given that they cannot see me, how difficult would it be to walk up to the ganger and shoot him in the hand with an Ares Predator so that the force of the bullet will snatch his hand away from the girls throat without hurting her more?


Fighter 3's hand is very close to the hostage (the spurs are described in the book as Wolverine-style claws), and I would say there is a 50% chance on a missed shot that you would hit the hostage instead. If you walked straight to him and practically pressed the barrel against his hand, you would have to make an Agility+Infiltration test opposed to his Intuition+Perception--at that range he would surely have a chance of hearing you. He'll suffer some heavy penalties for you being invisible and all. :)


Check out "called shots".

Quote:

Knock something out of the target’s grasp. The attacking character

receives a –4 dice pool modifier on the attack. If the modified
Damage Value of the attack exceeds the target’s Strength, the target
loses his grip on the object. The gamemaster determines whether
or not the object is damaged and how far away it is knocked.

This looks like the closest thing mechanically. Of course you should combine that with "take aim".


Jack communicates with the spirit, ::Try to pretend you are not about to tear his throat out. It will make little difference in the long run, but it may make him lower his guard just a little.::

He is not good enough with pistols for that crap, even with the smartlink. He will stay proactive and hop that droid can disable his spurs. Jack then turns his attention back to the RH thug, ready to loose a spell for for the previously stated reasons.

I Found Movement Per IP Explained:
By the way, I have found an example that I think clarifies the movement rules on page 148 of the 20th anniversary book. In the example, the amount of movement allowed per IP is dependent on the number of IPs that the combat turn has. I think this means that the person with the most IPs sets how many IPS the combat turn has. So in our case, the RH goons have three IPs, so everyone divides their appropriate movement by three and that is how much movement they can cover per IP. Since switching between movement speeds is a free action, then it is easy to figure out how far they can move. A human has 10/25 meter move, so in a 3 IP combat turn, they could walk 3.33333 or run 8.3333 meters per IP. They can also walk for two IPs, and run for the third for a total of 15 meters (or any such combo).


Thanks, Jack, that makes sense. I'm skipping ahead to the next Combat Turn, since everyone is clearly biding. Let's see the initiative rolls:

Initiative Dice Rolls:

NPCs
Reality Hackers: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 5, 2) = 15 (1 hit) +8=9
Skraacha: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 1, 4) = 16 (2 hits) +6=8
?????: 9d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 3, 5, 6, 5, 6, 2) = 36 (5 hits) +9=14
PCs
Droid: 8d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 5, 2, 3, 3, 5) = 25 (2 hits) +8=10
Jack Be Nimble: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 3) = 12 (1 hit) +4=5 [2 IPs]
Miyako: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 3, 4, 5, 3, 6, 3, 2) = 33 (2 hits) +10=12
Spirit of Beasts: 12d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6, 2, 1, 6, 5, 2, 6, 2, 2, 5) = 45 (6 hits) +12=18

Combat Turn 5
Initiative Order
Spirit, Miyako, Droid
Skraacha, Reality Hackers
Jack

The Spirit stops advancing toward the hostage taker and looks marginally less threatening.

OK, Miyako, and Droid, you're up. :)


Init:7(10) IP:1 PDT: 0/10 SDT: 6/10 Composure:6 Judge:7 Memory:7 -1 Wound Modifier

Miyako has been holding her pistol in a relaxed but firm grip aimed at the hostage taker's forehead.

Seeing that the man was getting a little antsy by the magical tiger. she decides it may be time to end this little drama.

Sub-vocalizing over the comm "I'm taking him down."

(Agility) 5 +
(Hammerli 620S) 10 +
(Take Aim 1 round) 1 +
(Called Shot - forehead for 2 extra damange) -2
14d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 1, 6, 2, 5, 4, 6, 5, 3, 6, 2, 5) = 57 = 8 hits


Action Figure

Guess we're not hacking him anymore


Guess not. ;)


Miyako, unfortunately you also take a -1 penalty for range, so I have to take off the last die rolled, which was a hit. However, it's still a spectacular roll :)

Fighter 3 Reaction: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 3, 1) = 15 (1 hit; 6 net hits to Miyako)
4P+6 net hits+2 extra=12P vs. 9 Armor=>12P modified DV
DR Test: 14d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 1, 3, 5, 4, 5, 6, 4) = 55 (6 hits; 12-6=6P damage taken)

The hacker is knocked down from the force of Miyako's pistol shot, but he grips the girl to him on his way to the floor. Blood seeps from her neck...

GM Stuff:
Fighter 3 Attack: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 4, 2) = 19 (1 hit, +4 DV due to Called Shot)
Girl's Damage Resistance vs. 10P: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10 (2 hits; 10-2=8P taken)


I am just waiting for my turn to try to save the girl.


Me too! Kinda.


Poke.


knife


Action Figure

Fork?


SPOON!


Init:7(10) IP:1 PDT: 0/10 SDT: 6/10 Composure:6 Judge:7 Memory:7 -1 Wound Modifier

Spork!!!


Well if we're all still here, we could post in recruitment looking for a GM. It's a good team.


I would be down with that. It has been very long time with no GM.


I've harassed the recruitment boards enough lately, spamming to fill an empty role filled for my own campaign. Someone else should probably do it.


How is it done?


Just dotting the thread so I don't keep having to sift through my old posts to find it.


As blood pours from the hackers neck he begins to falter, the group can see that he isn't paying much attention to the world around let alone the party. The hacker is slurring his words as his consciousness slowly fades away, his grip still on the girl but you doubt he is long for this world. What is most important is this presents an opportunity to get the girl out of there.

Off in the distance the group can also hear the regimented movement of a far off force, someone else might soon be joining the fight. Whatever the group does they have to do it quick.


Let's not forget that I'm unconscious. So someone carry me or something.


I do not remember the actual initiative sequence, and Jack has been basically waiting for something like this, so feel free to place this in the correct order of things.

Having been ready for just this eventuality, Jack darts forward, and tries to prevent any additional damage to her by the ganger's spurs. He then lets his invisibility fade, and pushes the magic into the wound on her neck in an attempt to heal it.

Spellcasting (Force 5 Heal): 9d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6, 4, 5, 3, 4, 3, 3) = 39 = 4 successes; 4P healed.
Drain Resist (6S): 10d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 6, 6, 3, 2, 1, 5, 1) = 36 = 5 successes; 1S drain.


Crix Zelbourne wrote:
Let's not forget that I'm unconscious. So someone carry me or something.

We won't forget you. Just stopping the dead girl from happening first. Heals coming your way soon-ish.


.


Initiative is about to go out the window so I wouldn't worry about it.

Jack rushes forward and is able to push the hacker away from the girl, he heroic heals her wounds enough for her to stay alive despite the grievous wounds to her neck. She begins to open her eyes and is still terrified of the situation. She is more confused than thankful as she did not see this ork as one of her saviours.

The group suddenly hears the crowds quiet for just one second. That second though seems to freeze time as the group can feel the two ganger groups start to quake in fear. When the moment is over a single gun shot rings out into the air, the group hears from either end of the corridor.

"This is the Knight Errant! Drop your weapons and come quietly or we will gladly use lethal force!"

On the edges of the battle tourists are beginning to flee away from the several dozen Knight Errant men who have surrounded the fight. The Knight Errant are armed to teeth as if ready to fight an all out war.

The two ganger groups have stopped fighting each other and are slowly backing away from the Knight Errant into the middle. Neither group wants to engage such highly trained men.

As they do so they reveal the obviously kitted out 'runners.

One of the Knight Errant who the group can easily tell is leading the squad in front of them by his more ornate body armour. Taking a book from times long since past the Knight Errant classify their rankings by how good looking or chivalrous their armour the higher rank they are. The rest of the men are clad in black with silver edges to their shoulderpads and red armbands. The man speaking up has more red on his shoulderpads and a different shaped helmet. The gold and black logo that makes up the KE is on his arm as opposed to his back.

He points to the 'runner group and says: "Them over there, they likely started this mess take them in for questioning. Pick up that unconscious man as well, I'm sure we can shock him for some answers too as payment for medbay."

Several of the Knight Errant point their guns towards the group and begin to close in.

How does the group react.


Just skimming back to see where you were... I'm amused that both threads had a tiger spirit joining the fight. Also, dot.


Would anyone like to react to the scene or will you go peacefully? (I know Crix is still unconscious so he can't react that will be remedied very shortly)


Shaman for the win! :)

If we go quietly, what is KE's likely course of action with us?

Knowledge (Security Companies): 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) = 6.


Jack doesn't know anything about Knight Errant beyond that they are a high class security company working for Ares Macrotechnologies. Then again everyone knows that so it doesn't get Jack anywhere.

opposed: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6, 2, 1, 2) = 13 1 hit to beat and a glitch.
Judge intentions(Jack): 7d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 6, 3, 6, 5) = 27 Jack gets 4 hits, net of 3.

Sometimes I'll just check your sheet for the roll I need you to make then roll it in my post, this will speed things up just a little :)

However Jack gets the general feeling that if these men really wanted to kill them or make aggressive actions against the group they'd do it now. No one can stop them furthermore doubtfully anyone would care about a few missing runners. So Jack hazards a guess that the guards are just quelling the situation and are taking you off the streets to protect the citizens. Likely they don't particularly care what the runners do, Jack does notice the KE have their sights squarely trained on the group any sudden moves or attacks might just give them an excuse.

Glitch: Jack can hear over his comm an unsecured channel that one of the guards left on by accident. <Come on, get those runners out of there. Tosh wants to talk business with them!>


Jack looks up at the Knights Errant briefly, and with a thought dismisses the Spirit of Beasts, thanking it for its service. He subvocals to the rest of the team, <<I think co-operation is the best course here.>>

Jack looks at the KE leader, "May I check this girl, she was injured near to death and I just healed her. I would like to ensure that she will be okay."

I imagine that this will be either Con, Etiquette, Leadership, or Negotiation. I have six dice in all of them. 6d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 5, 4, 6) = 21 = 2 successes.

Allowed to check the girl:
Then he returns his attention to the girl he had just healed checking to see that she is no longer in danger of dying, "Easy now, young miss. Be easy. You are safe." Another brief glance around, "Well, more safe. Be still, though. We do not want you to tear that wound open again, and it will take some few moments before the healing sets in."

Not allowed:
Jack laces his fingers on top of his head and speaks quietly to the injured girl, "Easy now, young miss. Be still. You were just healed and it will take some few moments before the healing sets in."


Init:7(10) IP:1 PDT: 0/10 SDT: 6/10 Composure:6 Judge:7 Memory:7 -1 Wound Modifier

Miyako lowers her smg as the thug falls backward, eye's rolling up into his head.

As Jack jumps to aid the hostage, she turns alertly to counter any new threat from the hackers. The sudden arrival of the Knight Errant doesnt' faze her.

Returning her smg to its harness beneath her jacket, she crosses her arms and leans against a magazine stand, waiting for the KE to explanin themselves.


Guards opposed: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) = 9 1 hit, net 1 hit to Jack

The leader nods sympathetically at Jack, concern in his voice about the wounded citizen. "Fine, make it quick."

The leader then turns to the other KE operatives "Charlie and Tango squads round up the gangs, Hotel squad keep your eyes trained on the runners. Keep this simple and clean." The group sees the leader get something on his comms that he looks at with some surprise.

He walks up to the unconscious Crix kneels down to take out a modern Medkit, quite a upmarket one at that. The leader begins to walk through the instructions the Medkit is retorting to him.

-1 for not being in a facility, -2 because Crix is an adept
healing: 8d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 1, 5, 1, 1, 4) = 24 2 hits.

Crix wakes up but is still worse for wear, the leader helps him to his feet. "Don't move anywhere runner." The leader then goes off to aid the rest of his crew.

Crix, on your next recovery in an hour you may make a Body + Will check with a further +2 to recover some of your stun damage. For now you are still on max and if you take any further damage you will fall unconscious.

The KE squads begin arresting the gangers some try to run and get beaten down by batons. The KE slowly get to grips with the situation clearing as much of the rabble as possible.

The young girl looks up at the orc that saved her. "Where.. where did you come from I didn't see you." She begins to cough up dregs of blood, Jack knows she isn't in danger of dying anymore but she has taken quite a severe cut that make take more time to heal. "Thanks.. don't think I'll be coming down this way again.. ha...ha..oh that hurts." She winces in pain and her weak attempt at making a joke.

As the last of the rabble is being carted off the group is carted off which has taken the KE about 20 minutes, one of the biggest trolls the group has ever seen comes stomping over. The Trolls is over 3 meters tall, he glares down at you for a minute, then snarls. "You're the Shadowrunners caught in this mess, right?"

He shakes his head without letting them reply to that "Of course you are runners, what tourist comes dressed like that to the Ork underground hmmmm?" He snarls again folding his arms across his chest. "I am Detective Tosh Athack of Knight Errant's Special Crimes Task Force. Now look here, I would rather drop you in a hole and forget about you but today might by your lucky day. My boss needs a special job done by some unassociated people, people just like you." Tosh smiles a big toothy grin at the group.

"Now you are either going to accept this, or I get these men to shoot you, or I lock you up... take your pick." He brings his arm forward and inputs a command on his commlink. Out of one of the corridors nearby a set of four KE leading out a pair of runners.

Seb and Maeyan. Describe your characters as you walk over to the others.

Jinx and Maeyan:

To make this simple I'll say you two know each other and have worked together in the past. You are after the same prize as the rest of the group oddly enough from the same person. (That being you have been sent by MacCallister and you are after a girl who went missing.) You may choose to reveal that you are doing this up to you.

You had a couple of other friends you were with on this job but they got gunned down by the KE as they thought you were doing something dodgy. However they didn't kill you as Tosh has given you an opportunity for a job which you accepted. You don't know what this job is yet but Tosh did say you would get an explanation shortly. You both guess that the time is now.

The KE operatives all but shove the other runners towards the group. These two fine specimens will be joining you, not that I trust your ilk, but the more bodies the more likely one of you will succeed in this mission no? Now play nice, the boss wants to speak with you now." The Troll presses another button on his commlink and the group of now 6 runners gets a call on their commlink. When they pick it up they are answered with the following:

Commcall:

<<“I’m not fond of working outside the law.”>> She tells you with no preamble. <<“But in this world, the law is, quite frankly, a mess. Criminals have a million ways to avoid the long arm of the law, as I’m sure you’re well aware of. However, I have a job to do, and one way or another I plan to get it done. That’s where you come in.”

“Seattle law doesn’t quite extend below the streets of Seattle. The government doesn’t recognize the Underground as a part of the city, and as such won’t contract Knight Errant to police it. The criminal scum who prey on my city know this, and seek refuge in that pit.”>> As she speaks, her voice raises slightly in pitch, and it’s clear this isn’t the first time she’s had this discussion, and it’s a sore spot with her.

<<“I’ve been tracking someone who’s holed up down there somewhere. I need him brought somewhere so that I can have him legally arrested. Your job is going to be to find this man, and deliver him to Detective Athack here. He’ll claim to have caught the guy inside his jurisdiction, and he will go to jail for a long, long time. You’ll keep silent about the matter, and get paid. How’s that sound?”>>


Mr. Johnson, The Revenge wrote:
The young girl looks up at the orc that saved her. "Where.. where did you come from I didn't see you." She begins to cough up dregs of blood, Jack knows she isn't in danger of dying anymore but she has taken quite a severe cut that make take more time to heal. "Thanks.. don't think I'll be coming down this way again.. ha...ha..oh that hurts." She winces in pain and her weak attempt at making a joke.

Jack smiles at the girl reassuringly, "I was hidden from sight, but I knew that you were likely to get injured by that waste of air. So I was ready to help. You are most welcome, and I am sorry that you got caught up in this fracas. Your wound is not yet completely healed, but as long as you are careful and take it easy until it is healed, you will be just fine. If you have access to a doctor, I would suggest you have one look you over. For now, just lie still for a little longer; sometimes magical healing takes a little while to .. mm .. set." Jack rests one hand on her shoulder, not really holding her down, but more as a reminder to lie still and to provide some small measure of comfort. "Are you down here alone?" Jack looks about for anyone seems to be with the girl. How old is she?

Mr. Johnson, The Revenge wrote:

As the last of the rabble is being carted off the group is carted off which has taken the KE about 20 minutes, one of the biggest trolls the group has ever seen comes stomping over. The Trolls is over 3 meters tall, he glares down at you for a minute, then snarls. "You're the Shadowrunners caught in this mess, right?"

He shakes his head without letting them reply to that "Of course you are runners, what tourist comes dressed like that to the Ork underground hmmmm?" He snarls again folding his arms across his chest. "I am Detective Tosh Athack of Knight Errant's Special Crimes Task Force. Now look here, I would rather drop you in a hole and forget about you but today might by your lucky day. My boss needs a special job done by some unassociated people, people just like you." Tosh smiles a big toothy grin at the group.

"Now you are either going to accept this, or I get these men to shoot you, or I lock you up... take your pick." He brings his arm forward and inputs a command on his commlink. Out of one of the corridors nearby a set of four KE leading out a pair of runners.

The KE operatives all but shove the other runners towards the group. "These two fine specimens will be joining you, not that I trust your ilk, but the more bodies the more likely one of you will succeed in this mission no? Now play nice, the boss wants to speak with you now." The Troll presses another button on his commlink and the group of now 6 runners gets a call on their commlink. When they pick it up they are answered with the following:

<<“I’m not fond of working outside the law.”>> She tells you with no preamble. <<“But in this world, the law is, quite frankly, a mess. Criminals have a million ways to avoid the long arm of the law, as I’m sure you’re well aware of. However, I have a job to do, and one way or another I plan to get it done. That’s where you come in.”

“Seattle law doesn’t quite extend below the streets of Seattle. The government doesn’t recognize the Underground as a part of the city, and as such won’t contract Knight Errant to police it. The criminal scum who prey on my city know this, and seek refuge in that pit.”>> As she speaks, her voice raises slightly in pitch, and it’s clear this isn’t the first time she’s had this discussion, and it’s a sore spot with her.

<<“I’ve been tracking someone who’s holed up down there somewhere. I need him brought somewhere so that I can have him legally arrested. Your job is going to be to find this man, and deliver him to Detective Athack here. He’ll claim to have caught the guy inside his jurisdiction, and he will go to jail for a long, long time. You’ll keep silent about the matter, and get paid. How’s that sound?”>>

Jack considers the massive troll for a moment, then responds to the Detective's superior, <<The delightful Detective Athack gives us little choice in the matter. I would be inclined to accept the job even without the Doom of Damocles hanging over me. As inclination and lack of acceptable choices both lead in the same direction, I will agree to your .. mm .. request.>>


Taking a few steps to slow the moment of the push, throwing out his hand to brace "Hellcat" in the process, Seb (only his mother called him Sebastian) takes a moment to remember the KE Operatives' faces. If ever he could return the favour of the treatment...

"Jinx" is not much to look at. Long dirty white hair cascades down narrow shoulders of a rail-thin frame, suggestive of the starvation associated with extreme poverty. Peering out from 'neath that mop of greasy hair are dead grey eyes, seemingly shards of cold chipped from a glacier. His entire appearance is unkempt: several days of stubble forcing its way free of his face, his person unclean and clothes threadbare. You deduce the truth of his appearance as he gets close enough for you to take in the waft of taéngelé on his breath.

The black eye, bruised cheek, and dried trickle of blood from his nostrils speaks to the truth of his sarcastic mouth. Such treatment was nothing new, he just didn't have the sense to keep his thoughts to himself, or his acidic mouth shut.

Strapped around his hips are twin Yamaha Sakura pistols, their handles turned forward for the underhand or twist draw. These pristine pistols, the tools of this gunslinger's trade, have been maintained with a devotion generally only found in the obsessives.

Looking bored, at least the face he presents to the battleship-sized trog and company, he moves with preternatural grace to finds a wall to put his back to protectively close to Maeyan. The elf magician was the one with the words, he just spoke with a liberal application of precision-channeled ordinance.

Nodding to each person in turn, and surprisingly flashing them a winning smile and wink, he reflexively takes their measure. Nicotine-stained fingertips toy with his pistols absentmindedly, like he might shoot something on a whim just to watch it die.

The Underground was a wonderful place to draw in information about missing girls: he was in. Not that it mattered much if he agreed, they didn't have a hell of a lot of choice in the matter.

<<"Who are we bringing in - and what are you paying?>>


I'm just going to give everyone the chance to check in and reply to the request in their own way. Then I'll continue the commcall.


Crix struggles to his feet, holding his chest and cursing. "I feel terrible." he mumbles as he approaches the rest of the group. "What happened? Did we win?" he asks sarcastically as he takes notice of the current situation.


GM:
I'm not sure how much of my damage from the other thread to carry over, if any. Until you say otherwise, I'll assume my current 7 boxes of Stun and 6 of Physical, that she's expended her beast spirit, and that she's currently under the effects of a Stim-6 patch.

Maeyan is casting Healthy Glow before meeting the new runners. All her spells are at Force 5 unless specified otherwise.
Spellcasting (11-2): 9d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 6) = 41 6 hits
Drain (vs 1 damage): 10d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 4, 2, 5, 2, 2, 4, 3) = 34 3 hits, no damage

She currently has Armor (Force 3) and Improved Reflexes (Force 3) up via sustaining foci, unless she would have been made to drop them.

In many ways, Maeyan is the total opposite of Jinx. Where he looks half-starved, she looks in the prime of health (discounting a number of cuts and bruises). Where he looks unkempt and poor, Maeyan has a natural elegance and is wearing a custom-tailored Mortimer of London business suit with a few pieces of understated jewelry. Where his eyes are dead grey ice, hers are dark liquid pools. And where he is quite obviously armed, she has no visible weapons on her person.

However, right now she is quite clearly pissed.

Stalking forward towards the new runners that are being forcibly added to her team, she opens her mouth to say something that would probably have been scathing, but gets interrupted by the commcall. With a glare in the general direction of the detective, she takes the call.

Afterwards, she says <<"Given the situation, it sounds like a win-win. Give us some details. Who? Where? How much?">>


Each step betrays a slight tackiness to the soles of the gunslinger's boots. Leukocytes, erythrocytes, plasma, and platelets coat the soles of his feet. While this is not an uncommon experience, considering the wetworks associated with his dark vocation, he is finding it difficult to ignore the reminder that his friends were dead.

Gunned down in cool blood.

Jinx could not abide this, and was itching to carve a f&$~ing ashtray out of the closest KE operative's skull.

Closing his eyes he places everyone in the room, and sifts through scenarios for dropping all KE before they even can get off a shot.


Init:7(10) IP:1 PDT: 0/10 SDT: 6/10 Composure:6 Judge:7 Memory:7 -1 Wound Modifier

Nodding her head wearily, as the ache from those bullet impacts comes back to her "It would seem you have us at a disadvantage...however, we're currently on a 'run, you'll have us risk losing our other commission, are you going to cover that 10,000.....each?" Miyako says on the same comm channel, all the while recording the KE particulars through her eye ( faces, ranks , names...for future reference)


The commcall continues. <<I am glad some of you are compliant, I will be offering you each 3000 nuyen to each of you, the person I need you to hand over is Jack Turner. A smuggler who has been importing massive amounts of very unstable and dangerous BTLs. I want him captured and dropped off at the entrance of the underground. I need him ALIVE, you won't get a single nuyen otherwise. I shall only pay surviving members, don't expect to claim your dead friend's rewards.>>

There is pause in the communication <<I am sure you can work around your other commission if you work fast enough, though that is no real concern of mine.>>

You can negotiate for some more money off this deal if you want.


Is my commlink still down?

-Posted with Wayfinder


A crooked smile plays across Jinx's face, cracking the lines of dried blood 'neath his nares.

Athack's boss gave the impression of being loosely bound by laws, yet here she was bending the rules by employing this motley band of Runners, those held under duress by force, so that all could work together on a mutual lie.

Jinx cared not at all, for he had long ago lost any trust in the system.

As long as he was getting paid.

The gunslinger imagined that it was less a lack of moral flexibility that guided the KE to seek them out, but rather how the top-flight security contractors would be out of their element in the Underground.

The sooner he was out of the stench of this place the better.


@Crix: For the moment we'll say someone lent you a commlink for the duration of the call if yours is broken, if it was temporarily disabled it'll be back online now (I can't seem to find where it broke)

The commlink call continues <<Are these acceptable terms to find your target? I will leave you to figure out more about Jack Turner, I believe that lies in your expertise. Does it not?>>

Just in case people forgot as I know the post was a long time ago: Jack Turner, to the original groups' surprise is the smuggler they were after anyway. So this seems like a good opportunity to make some extra nuyen and not slow them down any. The group seems to remember he operates out of a warehouse called Pirate Cove. So they are well on their way to finding this man already.

Until you end the call the group can negotiate a better price if they wish.


Sounds like Miyako's department maybe...?

-Posted with Wayfinder


If this was a poker hand Jinx would be holding big slick and looking like he might muck.

To make more Nuyen to locate Jack Turner, for MacCallister, was something he would never turn down, especially if it got him away from the KE.

The gunslinger raises his eyebrow to Hellcat, wondering if she was going to attempt to broker a better deal out of this volatile situation.


Init:7(10) IP:1 PDT: 0/10 SDT: 6/10 Composure:6 Judge:7 Memory:7 -1 Wound Modifier

Ah, its been awhile, forgot that Turner was our original target. :)

<<Well, we're just down here looking to talk to the man, and we're getting more than 3000 for that....so, pony up some more creds and we might have a deal.">>

Charisma + Negotiation 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 5, 2) = 15 Two hits!


<<tch, 4000 nuyen a head and not more. I must stress again I need the man alive. Any other questions direct them to Tosh here. I do hope I'm paying you for good results >>

The commcall abruptly ends, Tosh is still glaring at the group. He grunts at them Well?

So I leave the opportunity for ou to prepare, talk amongst your new members or immediately depart. Up to you.

401 to 450 of 519 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Back to Business (Alpha Run) Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.