Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadowwalker's Eberron 3.5 Shackled City AP

Game Master Abel JUan Guzman

Looking for heroes in the darkness to bring the world back to the regal light


1,201 to 1,250 of 3,436 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"You can do what?!?" In response to Engineer #3's declaration. Shaking his head in bewilderment, he turns back to answer Daxur, "Turn it, hrm...
in the direction of descent I believe,"
half muttering to himself in continued contemplation, "Turn it to the right & if you can, stand behind the bend in the stairway." Beauregard then follows Daxur to wherever he posts himself to avoid the possible effects.


As Daxur's mage hand is commanded to turn the iron sconce (to the right)clock-wise, the sound of grinding and whining gears painfully opens the secret stone door. When you shine your lantern in the doorway you see a short hallway that dead ends.

updated map


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Daxur grins at #3 "We'll hold your ectoplasmic thingy in reserve for later, #3"


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"Yes, preferably after you are able to explain to me just what you mean by...
that."
"If you would give me a moment or two to assess this complication, we should be able to proceed.
Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10, for the two sections of new corridor. Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, in case I find any traps...


Beaurgard as you search the fisrt section you know nothing is there, your search 29 on first section as for the second section you find nothing as well your search 10 on second section


map update

hope this helps with movement


As Beaurgard examines this short corridor what is everyone else doing?


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Daxur is still where he was when he used Mage Hand At A1


Daxur wrote:
Daxur is still where he was when he used Mage Hand At A1

are you still holding your mage hand


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

If I can , then yes I am using the mage hand to hold the sconce in position.


Daxur wrote:
If I can , then yes I am using the mage hand to hold the sconce in position.

you can as long as you keep concentrating on it


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Shadowwalker:
What is in the room at the base of the stairs?


Korihor:
A slight draft blowsinto the room from a 5ft passage in the far wall, directly across from the stairs. Two four foot diameter circular doors are set into the middle of the south wall. Each door is made of wood and framed with a ring of mortared stones. The westernmost door is closed and inscribed with a strange glyph. The easternmost door bears a differnt glyph but rests half-open. The half-open door reveals an iron rim of gear-like teeth and dim light spills from the chamber beyond. Mounted on the walls of the room are twelve tarnished copper masks. The masks are two feet tall and cling four feet above the floor. Each one depicts a smiling gnome's visage. The soft giggling,chriping and ruslting noises seem to pour from the very walls.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 7/7)

Zevon looks into the empty room behind the secret door:
"Empty? & no other exit? Perhaps this was a secret storage or guard room - close to the exit? Let's continue then - or does someone else wish to examine the room, with some magical means perhaps?"

Zevon continues down the stairs & shines with his lantern in the chamber at the base of the stairs to have a look at the room before entering.


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor walks to the top of the stairs. "જાદુ શોધો." She peers around the room for half a minute.

Crunch:
Korihor casts Detect magic.


Korihor:
you detect no magic in the short corridor


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Nothing magical."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

When no one is still in the secret room and have all descended to the room with the masks, Daxur will follow and then allow the sconce to return to its original position.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 7/7)

"let's continue our exploration of Jzadirune then, starting with the room at the bottom of the stairs"


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"Yes, lets." That said, Beauregard slips once more to the head of the group to continue investigating safe routes.
Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26, D4; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22, D5;Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24, D6; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23, E6; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14, E5; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15, E4; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17, E3; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19, D3; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18, F3; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14, F4; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11, F5; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16, F6; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16, G6; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24, G5; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28, G4; Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22, G3.
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27, D4; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12, D5; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23, D6; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25, E6; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19, E5; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10, E4; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24, E3; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13, D3; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10, F3; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18, F4; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26, F5; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12, F6; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18, G6; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12, G5; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24, G4; Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21, G3. Disable Device Checks as needed.


As you search the chamber and slowly find nothing lethal,when you move to one mask (g6) and th mouth begins to move and speak saying in common.....

Welcome to Jzadirune- behold tyhe wonder! But beware, ye who seek to plunder. Traps abound and guardians peer
Beyond every portal,behind every gear.

then remains still.


What squares is everyone standing in?


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

As the last one down, Daxur would be on D4

Daxur waits until everyone has left the secret room. He then slowly descends the stairs , concentrating, then once past the scone and off the stairs he lets the mage hand dissapate, releasing the sconce.

Standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking at the masks on the walls, then the glyphs on the doors.

dm:

Does Daxure recognise the glyphs:
Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Daxur:
you notice the gylph is magical and you know its a gnomish letter of thier alphabet, but not sure what letter it is


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Shadowwalker:
E5

"A welcoming committee. Grand."


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"A clockwork dungeon? Fascinating."


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

This happens before Beauregard has searched G5, G4, or G3, correct? Beauregard will still be at G6 then.

"Well."
"Most Gnomes prefer their elemental bindings, but I suppose everyone has their own 'local flavor'."

Beauregard doesn't move from his current locale, but you notice he does manage to become even more reactive & springy in his movements.
"I definitely recommend not moving into a new location without making certain it's safe first..."


Beauregard Jorasco wrote:

This happens before Beauregard has searched G5, G4, or G3, correct? Beauregard will still be at G6 then.

"Well."
"Most Gnomes prefer their elemental bindings, but I suppose everyone has their own 'local flavor'."

Beauregard doesn't move from his current locale, but you notice he does manage to become even more reactive & springy in his movements.
"I definitely recommend not moving into a new location without making certain it's safe first..."

yes thats right


what are you all doing next?

give me spot checks


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

spot 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Daxur wrote:
spot 1d20+2

now a listen


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Listen 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Female Duskblade 4

Spot1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Listen1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Crunch:
Spot check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12.


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 spot
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 listen


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

untrained Spot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, Listen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
In the interests of not having to search the thread for the map link, Shadowwalker, would you be kind enough to place another in your next post?


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 7/7)

Zevon is standing in the middle of the room (F4), keeping the light up.
He looks at the masks and the doors, while thinking about going through the doors first or continuing down the corridor.

DM - can you describe the masks & the doors once again - I might have missed that

DM - are there any texts or inscriptions on the walls, doors, ... any hints about a direction? - Zevon knows Gnomish

spot 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (zevon clearly has looked directly in the lamp...)
listen 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Two four foot daimeter circular doors are set into the middle of the south wall. Each door is made of wood and framed with a ring of motored stones. The western door is closed and inscribed with a strange glyph. The eastern door bears a differnt glyph but rests half open. The half-open door reveals an iron rim of gear-like teeth and dim light spills from the chamber beyond. Mounted on the walls of the room are two feet tall and cling four feet above the floor. Each one depicts a smiling gnomish visage.

Map


DC1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26
DC2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
you all notice the eerie silence that echos in Jadzirene. With the lamp Zevon carrys make the shadowed areas seem to shift.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 7/7)

"look at the doors - they have teeth! Remember Jenna's clue: <beware the doors with teeth>. We are still on the right track. According to Jenna's clue we should probably go further down to something called "the malachite hold" and a "half-dwarf"


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Not a half-dwarf. Half a dwarf. It's what binds them."


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"We have reason to hope we are still on the correct path, Zevon."
"True, we have yet to encounter evidence otherwise, yet,"
"but we also need to not make assumptions. As Korihor mentioned, there may be profound differences between our conclusions regarding the..."
Beauregard grimaces in recollection, "hints, the good priestess' meditation provided and what actually is present."
"Reason and rationality will see us through far more reliably than passionate assumptions."

By the Blood, I sound just like Instructor Tremaine...
When did that happen?!?


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 7/7)

Zevon rolls his eyes:
"half-dwarf, half a dwarf: you say Tomato, I say Tomahto. And whether you call it reason or passionate assumptions: we are warned about the doors"

Zevon shrugs: "Anyway, I keep looking for things that match Jenna's hints"


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

"So far Jenna's clues haven't steered us wrong! " Daxur exclaims, he then look thoughtfully at the enticingly mechanical contraptions just visible beyond said toothy doors.

" Beauregard, do you think it safe for us to walk around in here?


As you discuss the clues the open door closes slightly.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

"Did you see that!!? Daxur cries "The door, it's closing..."

It is obvious that Daxur's curiosity is almost overcoming his sense of self-preservation, as he keeps himself from running over and looking at the door.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Beauregard flips & rolls across the floor, Tumble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25, taking one of the strong metal rods he keeps as part of his 'tool-kit' & jams it in between the closing doors. Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22, to stop the door closing.


Initiative please

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 initiative.

"Quite adroit, Beauregard."


Beauregard Jorasco wrote:
Beauregard flips & rolls across the floor, [dice=Tumble]1d20 + 8, taking one of the strong metal rods he keeps as part of his 'tool-kit' & jams it in between the closing doors. [dice=Disable Device]1d20 + 8, to stop the door closing.

you keep the door from shutting completly

1,201 to 1,250 of 3,436 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowwalker's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.