Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP

Game Master Chris Marsh

COMBAT MAP

Respect Points: 1

Curse of the Crimson Throne Initiative:


  • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym*]d20+3[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+5[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+2[/dice]


Curse of the Crimson Throne Perception:


  • [dice=DeGrog]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Ferox]d20+18[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius*]d20+16[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym**]d20+12[/dice]
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+12[/dice]

*Does not include Trapspotter.
**Does not include Favored Enemy, Favored Terrain, or Bucho


101 to 150 of 7,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Dungeon Master: Is the Red Fish a known insignia of a company or individual?

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Thorgrym and Odric seem to be heading to the cabin. Gaius will hang back on the boardwalk and keep his weight off of the boat.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Kelish) Gunslinger/1

OOC: Keftan suddenly appears and goes, Hi guys, what's going on? Sorry I've been AFK

Keftan will follow the crew, gun drawn, with a special bullet ready to fire.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The Red Fish is a now defunct fishing company.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Odric and I keep going forward to the cabin and listen at the door before we open it.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Grym deftly climbs over the railing to advance to the door, Odric right on his heels. The ancient barge groans as if in pain. The groans instantly become pops and cracks as the wood gives way.

Grym: Reflex save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Andoran

Male Unknown All

You scramble for the ledge and it too gives way as you tumble into the rotted hold taking 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage from the fall.

What Grym and Odric see:
Dark and dank, the ship’s hold smells of mildew. Several barrels, crates, and other containers lie stacked here and there, and a shallow layer of river water has collected in puddles. A soft scratching sound comes from behind a few of the crates. Before you can even gain your bearings the source of the scratches becomes apparent as a quartet of scarlet spiders, each the size of house cat come forward.

Initiative:

Grym 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Odric 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Keftan 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Ferox 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Gaius 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Morkeleb 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Spiders 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Post your actions, and once everyone has posted, I'll resolve them in initiative order. You have 24 hours to post before reverting to an estimation of your default. The combat map has been updated.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

The quartet of spiders advance on Grym, each baring their fangs that drip with poison. As they are tiny, they're no longer shown on the map as they are in Grym's square. If they move away I'll add them back in. For now though, there are 4 spiders in Grym's square.

Bites:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 for 1 damage if a hit.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 for 1 damage if a hit.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 for 1 damage if a hit.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 for 1 damage if a hit.

For each hit Phil, include a fortitude save as the poison sprays its way into your wound(s).

The new battle map is here


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000
Odric the Stout wrote:
Initiative check if needed:1d20+4

Why did my initiative go to 11? Yesterday at 07:32 AM I posted a 22.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric, seeing Grym's tumble immediately tries to reach for his falling friend. As Grym's hand barely misses the railing and Odric's outstretched hand, Odric curses quietly. Heaving his bulk up and over the decrepit boats gunwale, the big man leaps after his companion, heavy pick in hand.

DEX check if needed: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

When he lands in the stinking, fetid water, he helps a visibly shaken Thorgrym to his feet. As Grym stands flexing his limbs and grimacing in pain, the two hear the scuttling of the spiders almost simultaneously.

Perhaps something about Thorgrym's scent attracted the four arachnids to him; more likely though Odric's musk registered to their tiny spider brains as 'less than tasty.'

The spiders rush towards Thorgrym's sodden calves, but he is able to stab at one with the point of his dripping sword as it closes with him.

Thorgrym takes AoO to one of the spiders as it enters his square: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 points of damage if he hits.

After Grym's AoO, Odric occupies the square directly east of Grym, hopefully that flanks at least one of the spiders.

Odric nearly roars, then remembering the need for stealth at the last second he chokes out a curse to the nasty little creatures instead, Filthy spawn of Norborger! Die!

Odric begins furiously smashing at the eight-legged monstrosities, sacrificing accuracy and precision for brute force in his revulsion. The red carapaces of the spiders' pulsating abdomens provide a tempting target in the near-blackness belowdecks.

1 point power attack to any spider Grym and Odric flank - 1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) - 1 + 2 = 7 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 points of damage if he hits.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Thorgrym is bit 3 times. [occ]if my armor class is 16 I'm hit 3 times right?[/occ]
Fortitude save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Fortitude save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Fortitude save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

I'm attacking the nearest one with my sword. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for the attack. If hit, then damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Initiative rolls all occur at once. It'll just be cut and paste in when it starts. Also remember, combat turns resolve in initiative order, not order of post. Once everyone states their actions they will go off. This is one of the drawbacks to play by post.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Upon seeing Thorgrym fall, Gaius moves down the dock and pushes past Odric, climbing over the side and dropping down into the bottom of the boat and landing adjacent to Thorgrym's square.

(Should put him against the wall of the boat in the square above the, "A11", marking on the map.)

Gaius is alarmed to see the spiders but is quick enough to draw his rapier and prepare to defend himself.


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Ferox dashes down the dock, bow in hand, ready to shoot anything threatening his compatriots in the boat.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

I'm a little unclear as to where I am relative to the boat, as I can't see the map from work. If I understand what's going on, and have line of effect, I'll cast Sleep. If not, I'll advance to where I *do* kwno what's going on and have line of effect.

Thorgrym:
you're typing occ in brackets, and it should be ooc (for "out of character"). :-)


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41
Morkeleb the Mighty wrote:

I'm a little unclear as to where I am relative to the boat, as I can't see the map from work. If I understand what's going on, and have line of effect, I'll cast Sleep. If not, I'll advance to where I *do* kwno what's going on and have line of effect.

** spoiler omitted **

OOC: Mike, you're way back towards the building front, just off the dock. You'll have to double move to see the boat.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Kelish) Gunslinger/1

Keftan seeing his comrades fall, holsters his gun, and draws his short sword on the run into the fray.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Thanks for the correction Mike, if my guy survives this and makes it to a high enough level to get another to get another favored enemy, its going to be giant spiders or vermin or something.

Thorgrym grits his teeth to avoid crying out from the terror of housecat sized spiders biting the crap out of him.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Eagerly the spiders clack their mandibles, anticipating a feast tonight. The party lokos to rob them of their dinner as they rally around Grym. The suddenness of the situation leaves Grym off balance. Though he plants his foot into a rotting floorboard for balance, there is little to the thrust of his blade. The spider is unharmed. Unfortunately one of their bites sinks into your hip and you feel the course of the poison. You take a point of strength damage.

In the blink of an eye both Odric and Gaius leap the rail and plummet into the hold with Grym. Gentlemen, both of you make Acrobatics check to avoid taking damage from the 10' drop. DC is 15.

New Round. Battle map is here. Post your actions.

The spiders, now surrounded by the stink of a meal and the threat of steel, scatter. From Grym's thrashing form two leap off, one towards Gaius, the other towards Odric. As they draw near you see the globs of venom oozing out of their mouthes like the spittle of a hungry animal. Include your AoOs in your post.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

His thorough preparation of warm-ups and calisthenics really paid off for Odric whilst he was tumbling through the air. He manages to deftly land on his feet, pick at the ready. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 acrobatics check. Unfortunately his perfect landing was slightly misjudged, and he jarred his knee painfully on an unseen crate below the brackish water's surface taking 1d6 ⇒ 3 from the fall

Odric's heavy pick arcs through the darkness towards the scarlet spider scuttling towards him. As the spider turns its attention from Grym to Odric, its attention is slightly divided between the two humans. Odric's heroic strength as he grips his eagle-headed pick causes his veins to stand out in stark contrast on his forearms. 1 point power attack to flanked spider 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 1 + 2 = 20 causing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 some horrible crunching sounds to the spider's carapace.

There is a strange, high pitched shriek heard by the few men belowdecks that could not be positively attributed to Odric, but the horrified, contorted expression on the big man's face may give some of his more observant companions evidence of his uttering of a Girly Noise as the ichor splashes up in an awful spray.

If possible AoO arises 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Grym does his best to focus through the pain of the spider's venom and viciously tries to slay the horrid arachnid w/ his sword.
to hit1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9, damage1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

possible AoO1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12damage1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius is a child of Korvosa. A ten foot fall is child's play...

Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage if failed: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Even a spider needs to keep his full attention on its prey. Gaius takes advantage of Grym's positioning and gets in a sneak attack with his rapier.

Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 EDIT: +2. I forgot the flank bonus. Attack Roll is 17
Damage on hit: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (5) = 10

He'll then step 5' back.

AoO Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Can you sneak attack more than once a round? I'll look that up. Just wondering if my AoOs against flanked critters would be sneak attacks.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Check the 'Discussion' thread for some mechanical stuff.

Undoubtedly this is the most action this poor excuse for a ship has seen in decades. Still though, crimson spiders don't grow to this size without a steady diet.

Perhaps the Girly Noise was Odric, but nonetheless the red spider makes a shrieking noise as it launches itself at Odric. It's vermin mind too small to comprehend the danger, only the size of the meal. With a sickening crunch Odric's pick skewers it. Ichor and gore continue to fly, splashing the big man in his face. Nothing but arms and shell remain. Despite his bulk, Odric's views on warming up pay off. He's ready to take the attack to the remaining spiders.

At the same time the antithesis of Odric's form is the deft Gaius. With not a moment to spare he bring's his rapier to bear on the spider as it launches itself towards him 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage 1d6 ⇒ 2 If this AoO does not kill the spider, I'll assume your post attacks it. If it does, I'll assume you go after one still attacking Grym.

Still, Grym is hard pressed, the sickening hip wound is already turning green and purple. The spiders continue their relentless assault.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 1 damage on a hit.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 1 damage on a hit.

Grym, make a second Fortitude save to shake off the poison. Otherwise you'll take a second point of damage.

Odric, your AoO killed the spider that would have attacked you, so you are safe. Gaius, if your AoO does NOT kill the spider, you're subject to his bite attack:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 1 damage on a hit (and Fortitude save.)

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Gaius! The spider pands on your neck and sinks its mandibles home. confirming the crit 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 an extra damage if a hit.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

OOC: Looks like a crit. Is the damage affected?

Andoran

Male Unknown All
Gaius Lirsiiv wrote:
OOC: Looks like a crit. Is the damage affected?

I posted a crit confirmation post. You can make as many sneak attacks per round as you qualify for. I already noted the AoO as I posted it (good thing, yours missed.)

So as of the start of Ferox's initiative, Odric and Gaius have both kiled one spider each, and Grym is being eaten by the remaining two.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Fortitude save 1d20 ⇒ 3

Gaius is severely injured.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Thorgrym grunts as he is bit again.

fortitude save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 (for the new bite)

fortitude save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 (for the poison from last round)


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

SUGGESTION: We post round number at the beginning of each post in combat. That way we can keep track of what is happening when.

I also suggest that if you're injured, and/or have any AC altering effects in place, put that at the head of each combat post. For example, if Morkeleb had taken 2 hp damage and was under the effects of Haste (+1 AC), I'd post

ROUND #

HP 6/8 AC 12

then post actions for the round


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

good suggestion

HPs 4/13

-1 STR, (possibly more after this round)

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Round 2

Invoking the autopilot rule for Ferox, Morkeleb, and Keftan.

Ferox Round 2 HP: 9/9
From his vantage point, Ferox has a clear line to one of the spiders remaining on Grym. It's a risky shot, and a normal bowman would be taking a great risk shooting at two foes locked in melee, but Ferox is not normal. The inquisitor calmly draws his bow and lets fly, aiming at the thorax of the spider who just sank its mandibles into Grym.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Damage if hit 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2. If it's a miss, less than 50% means the arrow is ruined. 1d100 ⇒ 99

Keftan Round 2 HP: 12/12
While Ferox is trained to shoot into melee, Keftan isn't. With his bow it's an even greater risk. Still, he draws back his bow; his mind's eye balancing the risk between arrow and another bite felling his new companion. With the odds now favoring the Harrowed, he readies a shot. If the spider moves away from Grym, he will let fly.

Readied Action: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Damage if hit 1d8 ⇒ 2.

Morkeleb Round 2 HP:8/8
...Situation is currently now favoring us, the logical path is to hold back. No use wasting a bolt. Vermin likely immune to spells. Best to hold back. Net result, delay to take in more information as it comes.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

As the situation becomes increasingly dire the dull weight of panic begins to set into the heroes. An arrow from Ferox slices one of the spiders cleanly. Both the spider and the arrow hit the floor with a thunk. Out of its primitive survival instinct the remaining spider leaps away and moves to skitter across the deck into a hole of rotted wood. Keftan lets fly with his arrow and misses. (ruined on less than a 50: 1d100 ⇒ 29.)

Seeking final vengeance against the spider, Grym finally brings his sword down as the spider turns to flee. It never makes it to the hole, Grym sticks it, twisting his blade left and right to make sure that it's dead.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Morkeleb Knowledge (Engineering) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

With the vermin dead there is still no time to relax as poison continues to course through Grym's veins. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Second Fortitude save for Gaius: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Combat Summary

XP: 67 each.

The spiders are laid low. Morkeleb determines that the combat has pushed the barge beyond its breaking point, it's going to sink - and soon. The combat has taken a heavy toll on the party.

Current HP:
Ferox 9/9
Gaius 3/8 -1 STR
Keftan 12/12
Morkeleb 8/8
Ordric 9/12
Thorgyrm 4/13 -2 STR

Wow, that might have been the most wicked first combat I've ever seen in 20 years of D&D.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Does anyone have any healing skill?

Since he is already in the hold Thorgrym peers around in the hold for anything important or useful like a few random vials labeled "Potion of healing", or "spider anti-venom".
Perception roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

If nothing, he then climbs out, climb roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
If Thorgrym has trouble he will pull the rope out of his pack and toss an end up to his comrades on the dock.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

OOC: Chris, has the poison run it's course or will it continue?

Gaius climbs out of the boat.

"I suppose we should pick one of the doors and venture on. We are after bigger game than spiders, after all."

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41
Chris Marsh wrote:
Wow, that might have been the most wicked first combat I've ever seen in 20 years of D&D.

I bet once we all get a hang of the combat interface, we'll do much better. We're also a really lightly armored party. We have things to figure out.


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

sorry all, had to work today. Blarg.

I strongly suggest that you get off that boat, gentlemen. It's not seaworthy, to coin a phrase. Perhaps Gaius can search it, but everyone else should get off immediately.

I listen carefully to try to determine whether our little brouhaha attracted any attention.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric grimmaces and starts to rub his aching knee, then seeing Thorgrym's ashen face, bloody hip and putrefying wound thinks better of it. He roots around in his sodden belt pouch and produces a mud-covered vial. He hands it to Grym and nods gravely.

Odric hands Thorgrym a Potion of Cure Light Wounds, I assume he chugs it. Phil, roll your own please, I don't want to feel bad if I roll a 1

Thorgrym thanks Odric weakly and quaffs the pale blue potion. The two men clasp forearms, Grym, this means you buy the first round back at the tavern when all this is over!

Odric clambers out of the boat onto the dock and crouches next to the building quietly. His boots squish and bubble as he shifts his weight slightly. There is a swampy, mildewy odor emanating from the man. Odric fears that no matter how quiet he is or how stealthily he moves the clinging scent from the ship's hold will give him away. He risks a quick look into a window as he waits for his companions to join him.

Odric is crouching on the dock just north of the northernmost window on the building's east side, he looks into that window carefully.
Stealth check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Male Human Inquisitor 7 AC=20; T=15; FF=15; HP=52/52

Knowing that he's of little use in helping his new companions recover from the attack with the spiders, Ferox follows Odric's example and makes his way to the nearby door(A3).

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

He listens at the door to determine if any commotion has arisen from the recent fight.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

Gaius skulks otver to join Odric and Ferox at the A3 Door.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

He recognizes that Ferox is checking for movement or noise within and will await his signal. If clear, Gaius motions for Ferox to step away from the door and checks for traps and alarms before testing the lock. If the door is locked, Gaius produces his tools and begins to pick the lock.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Lockpick w/Masterwork Tools(Disable Device): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Calistria smile upon me.


Male Half-Elf Rogue 4/Cleric 3; Trapspotter 17; Init: 3; AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 22; HP: 41/41

That bit. If applicable, Gaius retries the lock.

DM: I'll include three rolls here. Use them as you will.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

Thorgrym looks in surprise as Odric hands him such a precious potion. However, he humbly accepts it and quickly drinks it.
this is a 1d8 roll right? 1d8 ⇒ 4

Thorgrym clasps forearms w/ Odric, Much more then a round of brew.

Grym moves over towards A3 w/ the rest of the group and watches their backs w/ a drawn sword while our Calistran Rogue works his magic.

New stealth roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Andoran

Male Unknown All

Three things. First, Phil it's 1d8+1, so you get an additional HP. Second, important announcement on the discussion tab. (And as an incentive, it includes a change to your XP total.) Third, Tony, yes the poison ran its course.

It's as if the brush with death has produced a cohesion in the group. As if this was a comfortable routine they converge on the door. Gaius gives it the lookover. None of the windows lead into this room, as the door is west of the wall in the large room remember East is up

As Odric and Grym reconnoiter the window, Ferox glides past and listens intently at the door. You can here a man's voice. It sounds like Taldane, but it's hard to tell what he's saying. The fact that there's only one voice leads to to think he's alone...

Gaius approaches the door, tools at the ready. The door isn't locked, and truth be known a lock on such a decrepid door would be like bolting an envelope shut. A swift kick would end this door. The timing is perfect. Your analysis completes as you hear Grym's feet torque into the wood, ready to skewer an enemy on the other side with a swift bolestra.


Male Human Ranger 7, AC 21, HPs 88/88, Int +3, (Bucho AC 22 HPs 62/62)

9/13 hps

Thorgrym nods to the others that he is ready for the door to be opened so they can pour into the room like a rushing wave.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Chris emailed this to me (were you all BCC'ed?) today, just to get it into the storyline thread:
Grym: Your quick scan of the area provides no succor. It's an empty hold. You paid a high price for exploring this ship and it's a shame that Desna laughs. you climb out of the hold without a problem, eager to put this barge behind you.

Morkeleb: When you spend as much energy trying to keep your base of operations looking abandoned and keeping people out, you find that your ability to notice things outside suffers accordingly. Nothing seems to have changed. Your foray into the barge hasn't attacked so much as a dock rat.

Odric: The map is oriented with East to the North You slide your back up to the side of the building, trying to ignore the fetid stench wafting up from your legs. Taking a moment to catch your breath you turn and peer through the louvers of the window. Inside is a single room at sea level, taking up the whole half of the building. The floor inside is slick with seawater, bits of seaweed, and fish blood - the air is thick and does a competant job competing with the stench you've acquired. Wooden catwalks to the North and South allow access to the western part of the fishery (facing the street). An open bay to the South (your side) allows open access to the muddy waters below. While to the Northwest, stands a ten foot tall wooden vat, its sides caked and waterproofed with tar. What's inside is a mystery as your angle doesn't allow you to look deeper than a few inches. Nearly two dozen children labor in here, gutting and chopping fish. Watching it all is a half-orc taskmaster, his size equal to your own.

I will reveal more of the map, but can't do so til I get home this afternoon.

Andoran

Male Unknown All

As I have a feeling you'll be entering through this door, I'll reveal more map once it's opened.


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Do I recognize Kip among the fish gutting kids?
perception check 1d20 ⇒ 1


Male Human, Savior of Korvosa, Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
The Kegerator:
Power Attack (Furious Focus) with MW Keen Falchion +1: [dice]1d20+14[/dice] for [dice]2d4+10+6[/dice] damage.
Murder Hobo/7 Initiative:+4 - AC:26, T:15, FF:24 - HP:92/92 - THAC0:13 -
Crunch:
Fort: +9, Ref: +5, Will +3/+5 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +0 - FAME:29/37 - XP:27,166/34,000

Odric feels morally certain his old Brewmaster's son Kip is not among the children gutting fish. He is absolutely positive.

In a whisper, he asks Morkeleb Could you cast a spell on the half-orc, putting him to sleep? It is the middle of the night so the children inside might not think anything strange is afoot as long as he doesn't collapse in a heap.

Once the guard is snoring, we could simply walk in with a sense of purpose and head upstairs. I'm sure if Lamm is here these kids are used to unsavory characters coming and going at all hours.

Looking down at himself and his friends, Odric thinks the term 'unsavory' could definitely apply here, given the roughing up the group took, and the various stages of dishevelment and malodorousness represented here.

Peering into the darkness to judge his companions' reactions to his idea, Odric asks, What do you guys think?


Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 7 Init +5; AC=11; T=11; FF=10; HP 46/46

A good plan, Odric. Depending on the layout of the room and where the half-orc is, some of the children may be caught in the area of the spell, but it won't harm them.
.
Keep in mind, friends, that while Enchantment is powerful, many of the dweomers can be fought off by a strong mind. There's a chance that this half-orc may resist my spell. ON the other hand, I have trained extensively to fight that kind of willpower, so I'm reasonably confident this should work. If this fails, I suggest taking the guard down as quicklky and quietly as possible. I can still assist in that regard.

I take my staff in a practiced grip. I bring forth a few rose petals from a pouch and gently rub them together between one thumb and forefinger, mentally preparing the components. Ready when you are, gentlemen.

101 to 150 of 7,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.