Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 00-20 King Xeros of Old Azlant (tier 7-8)

Game Master Aerondor

Map
Buffs


101 to 150 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Paladin 8 | AC: 25/11/24 (22/11/21 without shield) | HP: 86/86 | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F +13, R +7, W +10 | Perc +4 | Init +1
Attack:
Gamin +13/+7 (1d8+12/19-20), +4 (+8) smite evil

Does the copper piece go through?

Silas frowns. "What do you think, Gamin?"

The sword in his hand ponders. "I think I have little idea what sort of door this is supposed to be, and less of how to use it. But let me try."

Silas stabs the flaming blade into the "door."
Going through?: 1d20 ⇒ 16

My idea is that if the sword can get through, it can tell us what's on the other side.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 8 - HP 59/59 (AB 40)|AC 32, T 23, FF 21, INC 27|F:+9,R:+10,W:+7 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 29 FCMD: 18|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +12|In hand: Wand of Shield Desmond HP 29/29
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (8/10)
Parry & Riposte:
[dice=Parry]1d20+14[/dice][dice=Riposte]1d20+14[/dice][dice=damage]1d8+1[/dice]

Favian attempts to analyze this portal.

Cast detect magic.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The (unattended) copper coin did't go thought. As Silas approaches the door, it again takes on a rippled appearance. As he does so Favian detects magic on the door. It is a combination of necromancy, enchantment and abjuration.

stuff: 1d20 ⇒ 3

The door flows open around Silias allowing him through.
Are you going in Silas?
As he teeters on the edge of the portal the team gets a glimpse of the room beyond.

A crystalline grill is inset into a bulkhead with an aperture in the overhead that is blocked by a seamless crystal plug. Side chambers appear empty but have meat hooks and hanging nets embedded in the overhead to provide storage for foodstuffs and other supplies.

Looking forward (towards the 5 on the map) Silias sees a strangely shaped cabin stretching forward, its dimensions being difficult to make out due to its alien features. Odd, man-sized cubicles seem to be stacked into the bulkheads themselves throughout the room, but whether sleeping berths, holding cells, or simply shelving is unclear. Their true purpose is further masked by the growths of ghostlike plant life that hang throughout the room. Like thick tendrils of ivy and great curling leaves, these colorless tangles and shoots mat the walls, twist upon the deck, and dangle in curtains from the overhead, eerily shifting in and out of phase as they protrude through solid surfaces and each other alike. It is as if sections of them are wholly present and other parts are mere ghost reflections of the strange plant life. The result is a wraithlike maze of otherworldly growths and tangles.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

Well, that's one (or two) of the stranger room descriptions I've run across in PFS.

Aeris's eyes widen in amazement as he catches a glimpse of the chambers beyond the rippling doorway and he mutters, "What manner of mad place is this?" He follows the others as they make their way through.

Roll if needed: 1d20 ⇒ 20 Door crit!

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 8 - HP 59/59 (AB 40)|AC 32, T 23, FF 21, INC 27|F:+9,R:+10,W:+7 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 29 FCMD: 18|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +12|In hand: Wand of Shield Desmond HP 29/29
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (8/10)
Parry & Riposte:
[dice=Parry]1d20+14[/dice][dice=Riposte]1d20+14[/dice][dice=damage]1d8+1[/dice]

Favian tries to push through with Desmond on his shoulder still.

Favian: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Desmond: 1d20 ⇒ 15 if needed

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 53/53 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+8(10)* R+8(10)* W+12(14)*| Init +13* | Perc +21(23) | Bane 7/13 | Liberation 8/8 |Freedom's Call 8/8 |Second Judgement 1/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:bless(4 min)heightened awareness/see invis/heroism/sacred bond(Caduceus)(80min)

Upon his own failure to pass through, Herrick backs off to let Silas and the others try. With Silas' success, Herrick casts his own detect magic and as he discovers the auras involved he gets a chill up his spine.

Once Silas or any other passes completely through Herrick slowly approaches the door once again.

Does Herrick see anything different about the ghostly plants or in the room ahead with his see invisiblity spell up? It's easy to miss that he has a few long duration spells up.

know Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 +5 vs monster lore
know religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 +7 vs monster lore

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf Paladin 4 / Oracle 4 AC 23+2 {T:10+2/FF:23+2} HP 72/72 Init+0, Perception +2 / Fort +13, Reflex +7, Will +14

"The portal remains open for you brother, perhaps you should hold your position so we all may enter. I would rather not the team get separated."

Door: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Paladin 8 | AC: 25/11/24 (22/11/21 without shield) | HP: 86/86 | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F +13, R +7, W +10 | Perc +4 | Init +1
Attack:
Gamin +13/+7 (1d8+12/19-20), +4 (+8) smite evil

Gamin describes what it sees, and seeing no immediate danger himself, Silas steps through the portal. "Curious. You can get in, but apparently not everyone can. And I can get in, but other... inactive objects can't. Strange magic."

"I'll leave that to the spellcasters to figure out," Silas responds, unconcerned, as he steps through. "Let's go."

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 73/85 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +8; R +6; W +4 | CMB+13; CMD 26 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +18 (1d8+8/x3) | Perc +11

Clandelve frowns at the obviously-magical portal.

"Why did it have tae be magic?" he says, emphasizing magic as if it were a curse word.

He hefts his warhammer and prepares to hit something, but without a target, lowers it again.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

[ooc]I'm going to go into rounds for the moment, to keep things straight.

Silias goes through the portal, and it closes behind him. Aeris then approaches the portal and it opens for him allowing him through too.

What Favian approaches, the portal opens for him, however as he steps through it, something happens.

A spectral figure appears, looking irate.

Status, bold may post
(LL)Clandelve - 12 damage (12)
(LL)Herrick
(LL)Favian - standard action only, currently in portal.
Caduceus

Figure
-end round 1-
Figure
Silias - through portal
(LL)Aeris (sacred armor)

rolls:
stuff: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf Paladin 4 / Oracle 4 AC 23+2 {T:10+2/FF:23+2} HP 72/72 Init+0, Perception +2 / Fort +13, Reflex +7, Will +14

It IS a ghost ship!

The paladin raises his shield and invokes his goddess, "By The Inheritor, BE GONE FROM THIS PLACE! I banish your soul to the infinite afterlife beyond this mortal world."
Positive Channel for Damage, DC 18: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 5) = 17

I have no idea if it is a specter or not, but the paly is a bit undersmart, so we will see how this plays out. I really hope I am not attacking a hologram.

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 53/53 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+8(10)* R+8(10)* W+12(14)*| Init +13* | Perc +21(23) | Bane 7/13 | Liberation 8/8 |Freedom's Call 8/8 |Second Judgement 1/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:bless(4 min)heightened awareness/see invis/heroism/sacred bond(Caduceus)(80min)

Know Religion: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 7 = 39 +7 is from monster lore/schooled inquisitor. I forgot the bonuses from heightened awareness and heroism last time I rolled too. I sure hope this doesn't waste a 20.

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 73/85 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +8; R +6; W +4 | CMB+13; CMD 26 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +18 (1d8+8/x3) | Perc +11

Clandelve delays to see what happens as his companion tries to banish the creature.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 8 - HP 59/59 (AB 40)|AC 32, T 23, FF 21, INC 27|F:+9,R:+10,W:+7 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 29 FCMD: 18|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +12|In hand: Wand of Shield Desmond HP 29/29
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (8/10)
Parry & Riposte:
[dice=Parry]1d20+14[/dice][dice=Riposte]1d20+14[/dice][dice=damage]1d8+1[/dice]

Favian uses a charge from his wand of shield, guessing that it may help against the spectral figure.

Desmond:
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Added an incorporeal AC (INC) to my stat line. (+4 shield [force], +6 Dex, +5 dodge, +1 deflection, +1 insight)

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Herrick is pretty sure this is a ghost. From its appearance probably that of a Tiefling.

will: 1d20 ⇒ 19
The ghost wilts under Caduceus's holy power.

Favian uses a wand (really, you had a wand of shield in your hand as you went through the door?)

Status, bold may post
(LL)Clandelve - 12 damage (12)
(LL)Herrick

Ghost 8 damage
-end round 1-
Figure
Silias - through portal
(LL)Aeris (sacred armor)
Caduceus
(LL)Favian - standard action only, currently in portal.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 8 - HP 59/59 (AB 40)|AC 32, T 23, FF 21, INC 27|F:+9,R:+10,W:+7 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 29 FCMD: 18|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +12|In hand: Wand of Shield Desmond HP 29/29
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (8/10)
Parry & Riposte:
[dice=Parry]1d20+14[/dice][dice=Riposte]1d20+14[/dice][dice=damage]1d8+1[/dice]

Yes, I go around with my wand of shield in hand because it's pretty much always the first thing I do in combat.

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 73/85 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +8; R +6; W +4 | CMB+13; CMD 26 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +18 (1d8+8/x3) | Perc +11

I don't see it on the map. But I was wanting to delay until after it acts so I can see where it is and what it does (and hopefully get in a full attack rather than one attack).

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 53/53 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+8(10)* R+8(10)* W+12(14)*| Init +13* | Perc +21(23) | Bane 7/13 | Liberation 8/8 |Freedom's Call 8/8 |Second Judgement 1/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:bless(4 min)heightened awareness/see invis/heroism/sacred bond(Caduceus)(80min)

"GHOST! THERE!" Herrick shouts in agreement with Caduceus.

He swiftly enchants his bow to be a bane to undead and snaps of a quick volley of shots at the apparition with his special ghost salt treated arrows.

(lethal damage, see invis,rapid shot,heroism, point blank shot, bane, ghost salt arrows)
Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

damage+bane: 1d8 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + (5, 2) = 19
damage+bane: 1d8 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (3, 1) = 12 damage+bane: 1d8 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (1, 4) = 13
confirm Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
damage+bane: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 = 18

-Posted with Wayfinder

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Incorporeal creatures are immune to crits, but that it matters...

Herrick's prepared and blessed arrows send the ghost vanishing back into the ether. The door turns solid again, but open. Clandelve can sense movement from further back in the cabin.

Status, bold may post
(LL)Clandelve - 12 damage (12)

-end round 1-
Figure
Silias - through portal
(LL)Aeris (sacred armor)
Caduceus
(LL)Favian - standard action only, currently in portal.
(LL)Herrick

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 73/85 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +8; R +6; W +4 | CMB+13; CMD 26 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +18 (1d8+8/x3) | Perc +11

Clandelve directs his attention toward the movement in the back of the cabin. He advances, then prepares to strike any hostile enemy.

READIED +2 Warhammer (adamantine) (power attack): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 191d8 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

A horde of four armed creatures dashes forward into the hold to try and stop you coming through the door way.

Clandelve misses with his readied action, but he, Silias and Aeris can all make an AOO in addition to their normal attacks

rolls:
attacks: 3d20 ⇒ (13, 12, 13) = 38grab Silias: 1d20 ⇒ 11damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Status, bold may post
Silias - grappled; 7 damage;
(LL)Aeris (sacred armor)
Caduceus
(LL)Favian - (NB the door counts as a hard corner, so no AOO on red and it has cover from you.
(LL)Herrick
(LL)Clandelve - 12 damage (12)

Creatures
Red (grappling)
-end round 2-

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 8 - HP 59/59 (AB 40)|AC 32, T 23, FF 21, INC 27|F:+9,R:+10,W:+7 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 29 FCMD: 18|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +12|In hand: Wand of Shield Desmond HP 29/29
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (8/10)
Parry & Riposte:
[dice=Parry]1d20+14[/dice][dice=Riposte]1d20+14[/dice][dice=damage]1d8+1[/dice]

Using the cover of doorway to his advantage, Favian draws his blade and casts a spell, using his enchanted blade to attack the creature grapping Silas.

Draw sword as a move action .
Spend 1 point of arcana as a swift action to make it a +1 keen shock mimetic sword.
Cast Frostbite as a standard.
Attack as a free with Spellstrike.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Electricity: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Desmond:
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Identify Monster
Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 9 +14 arcana, dungeoneering; +15 planes

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

DM - I think it's been more than a minute since our last fight started, so Aeris no longer has Sacred Armor active. And I don't get an AoO with my bow.

Aeris calls on Milani to guide his arrows, then unleashes a volley of them at the multi-armed foes!

Use Fervor (3/8 used) to cast divine favor as a swift action, attack red until it's down, then switch to yellow. Only -2 cover penalty due to veering bow.

Longbow, Rapid Shot, PBS, Deadly Aim, Div Fav, Cover: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 28
Longbow damage, Manyshot: 2d8 + 20 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 20 + 4 = 34

Longbow, Rapid Shot, PBS, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 21
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19

Longbow, Rapid Shot, PBS, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 13
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Paladin 8 | AC: 25/11/24 (22/11/21 without shield) | HP: 86/86 | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F +13, R +7, W +10 | Perc +4 | Init +1
Attack:
Gamin +13/+7 (1d8+12/19-20), +4 (+8) smite evil

"Demons!"

I'm guessing the one that provoked from me isn't the one grappling me right now.
AoO, pre-grapple: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Preferring to destroy the thing that grabbed him instead of breaking free, Silas brings his sword to bear as best he can.

Attack 1, grappled: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Attack 2, grappled: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 53/53 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+8(10)* R+8(10)* W+12(14)*| Init +13* | Perc +21(23) | Bane 7/13 | Liberation 8/8 |Freedom's Call 8/8 |Second Judgement 1/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:bless(4 min)heightened awareness/see invis/heroism/sacred bond(Caduceus)(80min)

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 19 (with HS+Heroism)Arcana+20/Dungeon+18/Planes+20/Religion+19

Herrick calls out to his team with a brief warning on the abilities and weaknesses of the strange four armed assailants. Again he swiftly enchants his bow with bane versus his quarry.

Much like Aeris, he targets one and continues to shoot until it is down before targeting another.

Non-lethal+1d6(unless they are immune to it, then he will only do lethal),deadly aim-2/+4, rapid shot-2, bane+2/+2(+2d6), PBS+1/+1, Heroism+2/+2, Coordinated Shot+1,No cover from friends(friendly fire maneuvers)
Attack vs Blue: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Attack vs Blue: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Attack vs Blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Move to Green if Blue falls,
move to Yellow if Green falls(Yellow would be -1 to hit), can't really see red

Non-lethal Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (1, 3, 4) = 18
Non-lethal Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (4, 4, 6) = 24
Non-lethal Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3d6 ⇒ (7) + 9 + (3, 2, 4) = 25

Ok those were pretty underwhelming attack rolls. Nailed the knowledge check at least. ;)

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf Paladin 4 / Oracle 4 AC 23+2 {T:10+2/FF:23+2} HP 72/72 Init+0, Perception +2 / Fort +13, Reflex +7, Will +14

With a brief prayer, Caduceus bolsters his allies.

Cast Bless .

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Several members of the team recognise these as Xill. An all female race that dwells in the ethernal plane. Reproduction happens by implanting an egg in a sentient host and letting it grow..
As such they are good at grappling, and have a paralytic effect on those they bite.
They can also enter the etheral plane quite easily...

Favian hits it with his enchanted blade, huring it. And then Aeris drops a few arrows into it, finishing it off.

Silias I'm assuming those rolls would go against the next nearest creature, but could you confirm that is what you would be doing as you are not grappled any longer.

Herrick also launches a flurry of arrows, but none are able to find their targets.

Status, bold may post Bless
Silias - 7 damage; (action TBC)
(LL)Clandelve - 12 damage (12)

Creatures
-end round 2-
(LL)Aeris
(LL)Favian -
Caduceus
(LL)Herrick

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Paladin 8 | AC: 25/11/24 (22/11/21 without shield) | HP: 86/86 | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F +13, R +7, W +10 | Perc +4 | Init +1
Attack:
Gamin +13/+7 (1d8+12/19-20), +4 (+8) smite evil

If the grappling one dropped, then yes the attacks would target the next closest (and each would go up by 2)

-Posted with Wayfinder

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The grappling one did drop, Silias gives a light wound to one of the other Xill.

Status, bold may post Bless
(LL)Clandelve - 12 damage (12)

Creatures
Blue - 20 damage
-end round 2-
(LL)Aeris
(LL)Favian -
Caduceus
(LL)Herrick
Silias - 7 damage;

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 73/85 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +8; R +6; W +4 | CMB+13; CMD 26 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +18 (1d8+8/x3) | Perc +11

Clandelve tests the defenses of the blue-clad creature before him, then begins laying into it with both his warhammer and shield.

Each time attack hits a target, gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls against that target, which stacks with each hit against that target and lasts until the end of turn.

+2 Warhammer (adamantine) (power attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 241d8 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
+2 Warhammer (adamantine) (power attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d8 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
+2 Spiked Light Shield (power attack): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
+2 Spiked Light Shield (power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
[ooc]Opponents hit with Shield Bash also hit with free bull rush attack, using attack roll +15. If bull rush succeeds, may make trip combat maneuver at end of bull rush. If hit, total of 43 for first bull rush attack.If hit, total of 28 for second bull rush attack.[/ooc
trip combat maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
trip combat maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Clandelve smashes the blue Xill in front of him into the bulkhead. Remarkably the creature remains standing, but is obviously near the end of its limits.

They shuffle up, giving the ones behind room to join in.
The ragged looking blue one gets a couple of solid blows in on Silias before biting him. Fort save required vs paralysis

The others try to finish off Clandelve. One gets a good grid on him and he also starts to feel paralysis spread through his body.

Status, bold may post Bless
(LL)Clandelve - 28 damage (12) ; grappled by yellow; Fort DC 16 vs paralysis.
-end round 2-
(LL)Aeris
(LL)Favian -
Caduceus
(LL)Herrick
Silias - 19 damage; Grappled; Fort DC 16 required or paralysed

Creatures
Blue - 67 damage ; grappling Silias
yellow - grappling Clandelve

rolls:

blue attacks Silias: 5d20 ⇒ (5, 2, 18, 10, 15) = 50
grab: 1d20 ⇒ 9
damage: 3d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) + 9 = 12
green attacks Clan: 5d20 ⇒ (8, 3, 3, 17, 1) = 32
grab: 1d20 ⇒ 5
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
yellow attacks Clan: 5d20 ⇒ (17, 13, 5, 17, 15) = 67
grabs: 2d20 ⇒ (17, 16) = 33
damage: 3d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 9 = 16

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 53/53 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+8(10)* R+8(10)* W+12(14)*| Init +13* | Perc +21(23) | Bane 7/13 | Liberation 8/8 |Freedom's Call 8/8 |Second Judgement 1/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:bless(4 min)heightened awareness/see invis/heroism/sacred bond(Caduceus)(80min)

Seeing the difficult nature of the fight, Herrick swiftly calls to his deity, "Feronia, in your name I pass judgement of justice and destruction upon my foes!"

Non-lethal+1d6, deadly aim-2/+4, rapid shot-2, bane+2/+2(+2d6)(6 out of 13 used), PBS+1/+1, Heroism+2/+2(no stack with bless), Coordinated Shot+1,No cover from friends(friendly fire maneuvers), judgements(+2/+3)

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 yellow, till it's down then on to green/can't see blue
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

non-lethal: 1d8 + 12 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 12 + (4, 3, 5) = 25
non-lethal: 1d8 + 12 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 12 + (3, 4, 5) = 25
non-lethal: 1d8 + 12 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 12 + (2, 2, 4) = 23

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 8 - HP 59/59 (AB 40)|AC 32, T 23, FF 21, INC 27|F:+9,R:+10,W:+7 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 29 FCMD: 18|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +12|In hand: Wand of Shield Desmond HP 29/29
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (8/10)
Parry & Riposte:
[dice=Parry]1d20+14[/dice][dice=Riposte]1d20+14[/dice][dice=damage]1d8+1[/dice]

Favian attacks blue through the doorway.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Electricity: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Electricity: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Nonlethal Cold: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Desmond:
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Aid Defense: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Silver Crusade

Male Nagaji Paladin 8 | AC: 25/11/24 (22/11/21 without shield) | HP: 86/86 | CMB: +12, CMD: 23 | F +13, R +7, W +10 | Perc +4 | Init +1
Attack:
Gamin +13/+7 (1d8+12/19-20), +4 (+8) smite evil

Fort save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Will attack green if it's still up, or blue if not.

Silas's flaming blade whirls as he slashes at the creatures.
Longsword 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Longsword 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Confirm crit 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Extra damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 73/85 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +8; R +6; W +4 | CMB+13; CMD 26 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +18 (1d8+8/x3) | Perc +11

Clandelve feels the tempting pull of paralysis, but shrugs it off, his steely dwarven resolve harder to overcome than that.

He begins an assault against the green creature, hoping his companions will finish off the wounded blue one.

fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Each time attack hits a target, gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls against that target, which stacks with each hit against that target and lasts until the end of turn.

+2 Warhammer (adamantine) (power attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d8 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
+2 Warhammer (adamantine) (power attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d8 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
+2 Spiked Light Shield (power attack): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
+2 Spiked Light Shield (power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
[ooc]Opponents hit with Shield Bash also hit with free bull rush attack, using attack roll +15. If bull rush succeeds, may make trip combat maneuver at end of bull rush. If hit, total of 38 for first bull rush attack.If hit, total of 21 for second bull rush attack.[/ooc
trip combat maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
trip combat maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

Aeris unleashes another volley of arrows at the ferocious, four-armed foes!

Not sure which ones will still be up at this point, but will target wounded ones first, then whatever's left.

Longbow, Rapid Shot, PBS, Deadly Aim, Div Fav, Cover: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 21
Longbow damage, Manyshot: 2d8 + 20 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 20 + 4 = 32

Longbow, Rapid Shot, PBS, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 15
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13

Longbow, Rapid Shot, PBS, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 20
Longbow damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

You lot really are high damage dealers

Herrick sends another stream of arrows into the room, this time stunning the yellow and knocking it unconscious. Favian finishes off the badly injured blue Xill.

Between the Clandelve, Aeris and Silias, the last Xill had no chance.

[b]Status,
(LL)Clandelve - 28 damage (12) ;
-end round 2-
(LL)Aeris
(LL)Favian -
Caduceus
(LL)Herrick
Silias - 19 damage;

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf Paladin 4 / Oracle 4 AC 23+2 {T:10+2/FF:23+2} HP 72/72 Init+0, Perception +2 / Fort +13, Reflex +7, Will +14

Caduceus is once again reminded of the urgency this moment presents as the life bond he share flares up. With no room to get into the fight, the paladin tries to stem to flow of blood.

Selective paly channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) = 13

LL to heal Clan 5, then channel to heal all the good guys.

Healing Resources:

Oracle Channel 5/7 remaining
Paladin Channel 7/9 remaining
Lay on Hands 12/12 remaining

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Caduceus quickly heals the worst of the groups wounds

Status
(LL)Clandelve - 15 damage (12) ;
(LL)Aeris
(LL)Favian -
Caduceus
(LL)Herrick
Silias - 6 damage;

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 53/53 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+8(10)* R+8(10)* W+12(14)*| Init +13* | Perc +21(23) | Bane 7/13 | Liberation 8/8 |Freedom's Call 8/8 |Second Judgement 1/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:bless(4 min)heightened awareness/see invis/heroism/sacred bond(Caduceus)(80min)

As he steps over the bodies of the fallen xill, he makes sure to finish off the unconscious one with an arrow shot to the heart as he pulls up along side it. "It's better to make sure it is dead." he explains.

coup de grace w/deadly aim: 3d8 + 21 ⇒ (1, 1, 5) + 21 = 28 DC38 fort save or die, unless the damage kills it outright.

Quickly searching the room beyond the portal, Herrick also looks for other ethereal beings, such as more ghosts or other lurking xill.
See invis will help with that.

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26

The Exchange

Dwarf Fighter 9 | HP 73/85 | AC 30; Tch 15; FF 27 | F +8; R +6; W +4 | CMB+13; CMD 26 | Speed 30 ft | Init +3 | +2 Warhammer (adamantine): +18 (1d8+8/x3) | Perc +11

Clandelve hands his wand to Cadeceus to top him off on health.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Still feelin' th' effects a bit," he says, referring to the lingering wounds he still has.

The dwarf begins looking toward the fore of the ship.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 53/53 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+8(10)* R+8(10)* W+12(14)*| Init +13* | Perc +21(23) | Bane 7/13 | Liberation 8/8 |Freedom's Call 8/8 |Second Judgement 1/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:bless(4 min)heightened awareness/see invis/heroism/sacred bond(Caduceus)(80min)

Herrick gathers 10 arrows and begins the process of applying the extra ghost salt he purchased. The process is quick, but it does cause him to take a few moments, so he asks the group to hold up for less than a minute while he prepares.

"I hope I won't need to use what I have left and these, but so far this place is not boding well for that. I have no doubt I will use them sometime in the future if not today."

I only need to hold them over a fire for a round, so it shouldn't take to long. Light a torch, pour the salt over the arrow heads, hold the arrows over the fire, presto chango, all done.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Herrick notices a hidden door at the end of the odd cabin.

Throughout the area there is a ghostly plant, which Herrick notes is mostly on the Etheral plane. It seems to be growing through the ship up from below somehow.

Status
(LL)Clandelve - 12 damage (12) ;
(LL)Aeris
(LL)Favian -
Caduceus
(LL)Herrick
Silias - 6 damage;

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12
GM Aerondor wrote:
You lot really are high damage dealers

Aeris hasn't fully buffed for a fight yet! Watch out for us divine archers.

"Strange place, this," Aeris comments, pondering the ghostly plant as Herrick prepares more arrows. "I wonder if that plant has always been part of it, or if it's getting overgrown from lack of care? Guess it'd be hard to keep your boat tidy and shipshape if it keeps flitting all over the planes when it feels like it."

He moves toward the strange door, waiting for the others to be ready.

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 53/53 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+8(10)* R+8(10)* W+12(14)*| Init +13* | Perc +21(23) | Bane 7/13 | Liberation 8/8 |Freedom's Call 8/8 |Second Judgement 1/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:bless(4 min)heightened awareness/see invis/heroism/sacred bond(Caduceus)(80min)

"There's a hidden door up there friends. Let's see were that leads." Herrick says, pointing out the irregular pattern of the door seam.

He then moves closer to the door, checking for traps and wishing he had a dedicated trap specialist with him.

perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33

-Posted with Wayfinder

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Herrick spends a few moments and quickly works out how to open the door. Within is a small triangular room.

This simple compartment ends where two angled walls come to a point. Lines engraved into the crystal along these walls give the chamber a sense of motion toward the terminus of the bulkheads.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 8 | HP 53/53 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 25 (26 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +10 | Will +12 | Init +6 | Perc +12

Aeris peers over Herrick's shoulder at the tiny compartment, wondering aloud, "That's it? Why a secret door to this little cubby? There must be something more to it." He studies the walls of the small, triangular room, sensing for the presence of magic while he's at it.

Cast detect magic, if that does any good on a magic boat.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The whole ship is entwined with magic.

Scarab Sages

LN Human Inquisitor | HP 53/53 | AC:20 T:15 FF:15 CMD: 22 | F+8(10)* R+8(10)* W+12(14)*| Init +13* | Perc +21(23) | Bane 7/13 | Liberation 8/8 |Freedom's Call 8/8 |Second Judgement 1/3 | Conditions: none| Effects:bless(4 min)heightened awareness/see invis/heroism/sacred bond(Caduceus)(80min)

perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38

Herrick looks over the room and the sense of motion gives him an uneasy feeling.

"We've found a very odd room up here. Anyone have any ideas they feel like sharing?"

We best keep moving through the ship, but I'll make note of these lines first. Maybe the academics​ will find use of the information. and he pulls out his journal and begins to make notes.

"I feel like this room leads somewhere. I'd be willing to try the rope again if one of you will hold the other end."

As soon as someone takes hold of the rope, Herrick steps into the room, unless someone stops him.

The party is pretty spread out on the map. I think we should get together before Herrick steps in.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male Human Magus 8 - HP 59/59 (AB 40)|AC 32, T 23, FF 21, INC 27|F:+9,R:+10,W:+7 (+1 vs fear)|CMD 29 FCMD: 18|Sp 30'|Perc. -1|Init. +12|In hand: Wand of Shield Desmond HP 29/29
Tracked Resources:
Arcane Pool (8/10)
Parry & Riposte:
[dice=Parry]1d20+14[/dice][dice=Riposte]1d20+14[/dice][dice=damage]1d8+1[/dice]

Favian joins Herrick and peers into the room.

Arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Planes: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

101 to 150 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 00-20 King Xeros of Old Azlant (7-11) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.