Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Alpha Team)

Game Master Fanguar

CURRENT MAP


151 to 200 of 2,049 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

I'll go, but when I do... No one touch the thing, just wait for one of us.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

What? I think you need us to bring the elevator back up.


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)

Ramos steps up to Markus as he prepares to enter the elevator. "Call me superstitious my friend, but allow me to say quick a blessing on you before you go." Ramos whispers a prayer that misfortune strike another, and then lays his hand on Markus's shoulder. Cast: Guidance


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

True enough, but give me some time to see what's what, Lucid. A minute, no more. Thank you, Ramos. Let's make sure this thing is on yellow. That was Pavo's color, right?


GM Fanguar:
Not hearing anything in the darkness, Pavo makes his way over to the wall where the button is and pushes it to see if it reacts now that the little moving niche has gone.


Pavo:

When you push the button, the rumbling begin again and a short while later the elevator reappears and the doors open.

Everyone else:

While you are making preparations, the rumbling begins, the doors snap shut, and the elevator sinks into the floor.


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Markus seems frustrated but keeping it under control.

Guess we wait... If it were a convenience and not a "trap" of some sort, perhaps there is a mechanism on the other end? I was hoping to find out.

Of more concern, is our ability to work as a team. We can't go off in random direction, well when we do... it should be together.


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

GM Fanguar:
Starting to work out how it is all put together, Pavo hops back into the elevator and waits to see what happens.


Pavo:

One round after it returns, the doors snap shut and the contraption begins to rise again, this time with you in it.

A short time after it goes down, the cylinder rises back out of the ground. This time, when the doors open Pavo is standing in the chamber.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

Seeing Pavo reappear the mage looks relieved and comments to his friend. You need to say that again Markus.


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

...Of more concern, is our ability to work as a team. We can't go off in random direction, well when we do... it should be together...


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)

Giving a relieved sigh Ramos claps Pavo on the shoulder. I agree with you Markus, but considering the situation, Pavo was the best to scout ahead. I know I wouldent trust him around my dice! Just kidding friend, but being serious for a moment, what did you find?


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

Grinning sheepishly, Pavo says, "Well, nothing dangerous in the immediate area down there. There is a giant block that is blocking the only hallway though. I don't think it completely touched the ceiling though, so I might be able ta squeeze through ta the other side. If we can move the block, there might be more ta explore."


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

I guess first thing's first. Let's clear yellow. Back down, Pavo... You're most familiar with area. And, was there a way to... 'call' this thing, down there?


Dwur Barbarian (Superstitious Drunken Brute) 4; AC: 20, Touch 12, FF 19; HP: 51; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Sverrir mulls the situation, caution etched on his weathered face;

"Could the block be sundered perhaps? So we all could explore..."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

Of the three elevators, I recommend we first explore the one that works without all the racket. Its smooth operation suggests it is in the best state of repair.


Hu (M) Clr 2; hp 17/17; F +5, R +1, W +7; AC 17, t 10, ff 17; Init +4; Per +5; CMD 13

"Not a bad idea, but we don't know how it operates. Damaging the block might cause the lift to malfunction, or cease working entirely."

Looking at Pavo, Khyrn asks, "And do you know how far down you traveled?"


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Let's go get some answers.


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)

Yes, but together this time.


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Together, but one at a time. The chamber only allows one. There is not enough space for two... Pavo, myself, Lucid, Ramos, etc...

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

The wizard nods, on board with the plan.


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

"If we take a closer look at it, I'm sure that we can figure out a way to move the giant block. If not, at the vary least, we can say that we tried," Pavo responds as he steps back into the elevator.


One by one you ferry yourselves down to the lower chamber, until all six of you are standing together.

You find yourselves in a ~20x15 ft room. The walls here are covered in bas-relief images similar to the slender figure upon the sarcophagus lid in the chamber above. Nearly a dozen androgynous, hairless humanoids stand in poses of deference, almost as if they are paying homage to the viewer. Many extend their hands in adoration, their faces awash in adulation. Several of the statues lack hands, arms, heads or anything else easily hacked off by long-absent tomb robbers. About 15ft to the south, a dark passage extends from an elaborately carved arch. Only a little of this hallway is visible, as a large stone slab mostly blocks the entrance.


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

Heading over to the stone slab, Pavo runs his hands over the stone's surface and looks along its sides and tops for any means of moving the object.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)

"These fresco's are interesting. The more I see of this place the more I feel like it was dedicted to the worship of something, though I am not sure what..."

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Know (religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Dwur Barbarian (Superstitious Drunken Brute) 4; AC: 20, Touch 12, FF 19; HP: 51; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Sverrir purses his lips and his hand stray once again to his flask as he scrutinizes the block and surrounding chamber with an expert eye;

”Come stein… give up your secrets…”

Perception (Stonecunning): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Oh fer ****'s sake... dicebots I hate thee!


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Kn Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

This vaguely reminds me of Osirian ritual... Not sure. Let's see if we can move this thing. Markus leans his weapon against the wall and sees if the slab will give, inviting others to help.


Checking the stone block, you see that it is 10ft wide, 8ft high and 2ft thick. There is a slot in the ceiling above it of the same dimensions. It is freestanding and it might be possible to topple it with enough force (DC25 STR check) There is a gap between the top of the block and the ceiling that it might be possible to squeeze through (DC25 Escape Artist check). Looking beyond the block, you see a long hallway with alcoves that appear to contain statues.

While trying to determine whether the room has any religious significance (it doesn't) Ramos discovers a number of small metal pipes hidden in the mouths of some of the bas-relief figures.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

Lucid will examine the room with both perception and detect magic before he recommends we go back up and down another shaft before we start toppling walls. LIkely another elevator will lead to the other side of that wall anyway. If not we can come back.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


@Lucid, you don't find anything other than what's previously been described

@all:Up to 5 people can push on the stone together, using aid another if need be. As there is no penalty for failure, you guys can essentially take 20 if you want.


Dwur Barbarian (Superstitious Drunken Brute) 4; AC: 20, Touch 12, FF 19; HP: 51; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Sverrir shoulders his pickaxe and spits on his palms, before getting a purchase on the block.

"Feh!"

The Dwur's back and arms bulge as he seeks to bull the stone block;

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"Some helpen lads!?" he grunts through gritted teeth

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

The halfing wizard, unsure of the plan, but on board once its decided, jumps in to help push. Assist: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

The little guy has heart, if not brawn, and does indeed help. (=2 to check)


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

Putting as much of his back into it as he can, Pavo attempts to assist.

Assist:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Take 20+4 or +6 for 2 hands? With any assist should be good. You guys rolled sweet. I don't trust the dang thing.


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)

Hold my friends! There's tubes comming out of the mouths of some of the statues. Pavo could this be some sort of trap? [


A trap indeed wise Ramos. A trap most foul.

Before Ramos can put voice to his warning, the others, with a great show of force, topple the stone slab forward. It crashes to the ground with a deafening boom that echos in the subterranean halls for a long time.

Beyond the stone, the hallway extends ~70 feet ending in a T junction. Curious carvings that seem to represent a stirring tempest cover the walls of the ten-foot-wide passage. At measured intervals, small alcoves flank the passage, and, based on the closest pair, each alcove contains an androgynous humanoid figure with cupped hands. The figures stand roughly seven feet tall.

As the noise dies a little, another sound can be heard, the softer sound of stone against stone, as a pressure plate, held down through the ages by the great weight of the stone, slides out of the floor. In an instant, the room is flooded with noxious green fumes that pour out of the mouths of some of the bas-reliefs.

Fort saves everyone, and you may take a round of actions.


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Markus manages to bring a scarf up over his the lower half of his face, quickly. He stands watch over the others as they deal with the fumes.

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Lucid begins to cough and moves to the elevator, trying to cover his mouth with his cloak. The look in his eyes flash "I told you so." as he pushes the button to ascent one level. [ooc] he is getting out of the gas if he can.


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

Cursing, Pavo has the opposite idea, moving over to the opposite side of the toppled stone and attempting to push the rock onto the pressurized plate. "Give me a hand!" he shouts as he does so.

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Str: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Human Cleric of Ralishaz 3 AC 18 / HP 17/27 / F +5 R +3 W +7 / Init. +2 / Perc. +11)

Lord, it's times like this when I catch a bad turn, well I know your hand is in it, and im your man, but dammit if it woulden strike someone else.

Fort Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Hacking and coughing in the noxious green fumes, Ramos stumbles towards Pavo. Shoving his shoulder against the stone block he begins to thow his weight against the cube trying to force it back onto the pressure pad.

Str Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Marcus helps folks over and then helps move the slab back.


Hu (M) Clr 2; hp 17/17; F +5, R +1, W +7; AC 17, t 10, ff 17; Init +4; Per +5; CMD 13

Khyrn covers his mouth, but not quickly enough, and his eyes begin watering as he breathes in some of the noxious fumes. Despite his, Khyrn hurries over and attempts to help push the stone.

Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

As lucid moves he see's what Pavo has in mind and calls out Maybe stand on the plate?


Dwur Barbarian (Superstitious Drunken Brute) 4; AC: 20, Touch 12, FF 19; HP: 51; Init: +1; Perception +8, Darkvision 90ft.; Fort +9 Ref +3 Will +3

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 (presuming that the gas is poisonous in nature - otherwise save bonus reduced somewhat

As the gas is released Sverrir takes in a slow, steady gulp of air, almost as if the noxious fumes were a sweet mead to be supped…

Seeing the others once again grapple with stone he sets his jaw and lends his brawn to their endeavours;

STR Check – Aid Another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Well since that stone slab weighs in the neighbourhood of 25 000lbs, you're not going to have much success lifting it up.

While you're struggling to move the stone back into position, the flow of gas slows down and then stops all together. Then tomb is well ventilated, and soon the gas begins to clear. While you all initially feel fine, as your hearts stop pounding you all begin to feel a little weak and tired.

Lucid takes 1d6 ⇒ 1 Str damage and everyone else takes 1 pt Str damage.


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

His heartbeat slowing down, Pavo's gear suddenly feels heavier as the poisonous gas takes effect. Resting against the stone for a bit, he comments, "Strange way to set up a trap," before he pushes himself up and looks to the others, letting them know that he was ready to advance.


Male Human Lore Warden 3 - Knife Master 1 | AC 19 | HP 39/39 | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

We sure this is worth it? Feeling a little weak.


Male Human Rogue 4 AC:18 T:14 FF:14 / HP:16 / Init:+4 / F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 / CMD:19

"If you are saying that now, then you should rethink if this whole expedition is worth it." The look in Pavo's eyes shows the young man's determination, though a hint of fear is still evident. However, a smile crosses his face as he continues, "Besides, how does that saying go? True glory only comes to those who pay for it...something like that."

Silver Crusade

Male Halfling Wizard 4 AC 18/14, Touch 14, FF 11/15 / HP 26/26 / F +4 R +5 W +7; +2 vs. fear / Init. +7 / Perc. +9

Lucid comes back and adds Lets just not push over any more big stones when we have other choices unexplored. We still might find a way around this stone from one of the other lifts.


Hu (M) Clr 2; hp 17/17; F +5, R +1, W +7; AC 17, t 10, ff 17; Init +4; Per +5; CMD 13

Str -1; CMD 11

Khyrn relaxes as the gas stops and begins to dissipate. Clenching his fists, he grimaces slightly as the lingering effects cause his body to ache. He shakes his hands out, rolls his arms around a couple of times, and violently throws his head to one side, popping his neck with a loud "crack!"

"Better." he says to nobody in particular. Nodding at the halfling, "You're right to suggest caution, Lucid. Point well made."

Khryn pulls his shield off his back and readies his battleaxe. Resting the weapon on his shoulder, he turns to look down the unexplored hallway, "Now, I suggest we follow Pavo's idea and go find ourselves some glory."

He starts walking down the hallway.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Memorized Spells:

0th level: create water, guidance, stabilize
1st level: magic weapon (D), X-bless, remove fear

151 to 200 of 2,049 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heralding the Coming of the Age of Worms (Alpha Team) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.