Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Hells Angels - Fox Force Five Hells Rebels

Game Master Dennis Harry

Sallix Salt Works

Kintargo Map

Fair Fortune Livery Basement vs. the Infernal Outsiders

Wasp Nest

Initiative:

Dramatis Personae
Hiranno[dice]1d20 + 4[/dice]
Zeldana[dice]1d20 + 3[/dice]
Sholti [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Irisa [dice]1d20 + 4[/dice]
Tiel [dice]1d20 + 4[/dice]

Perception:

Dramatis Personae
Hiranno[dice]1d20 + 4[/dice]
Zeldana[dice]1d20 + 3[/dice]
Sholti [dice]1d20 + 6[/dice]
Irisa [dice]1d20 + 5[/dice]
Tiel [dice]1d20 + 2[/dice]


951 to 1,000 of 1,071 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
Nope!

"I've actually never been to her house." Zeldana explained. "We met only a few days ago at the rally. She helped save and life and we met the few days after that to speak, but it was never where she lived." She explained. "She hadn't set a letter, or word of any kind so... I'm getting worried."


Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Morning

Stricia

Hiranno sighs, "Twelve days ago? Thirteen? That is how long it has been since the lord mayor Jilia Bainilus disappeared under mysterious circumstances, apparently leaving for Arcadia, and was immediately replaced by Barzillai Thrune, the newly appointed paracount of the archduchy of Ravounel.

Three days after mayor Bainilus disappearance, the Victocora's estate burned to the ground and the whole noble family went suddenly missing, in what is now called the "night of ashes".

At the same time important figures and common people alike started disappearing. Some were taken in for interrogation by the dottari guards and never came back home, while some others just disappeared, apparently without anyone able to confirm what happenend to them. The most unfortunate were those found guilty of some alleged crime and publicly exectued by order of Barzillai himself.

Martial law was then declared. Unrest seethes within the populace but with the exception of a protest broken up by the Thrune's thugs, no one has done much about it.

My friends and I intend to do just that. I was supposed to meet with them yesterday but I thought aiding you more important".


Kintargo - Vespam Artisans - Morning

Zeldana

She frowns and seems to consider how to respond, "Oh all right. I will show you but we have to wait until my lunch. OK?"


Kintargo - Long Roads Coffee House - Morning

Kadwyn

As you exit and begin to browse the shops you see, of all things, a Tiefling browsing silks. He turns to regard you and nods slightly. "A chance encounter for us it seems eh? Is it not fascinating that if our progenitors, as it were, to run into one another lie this it would presumably be a duel to the death. Instead, we shall merely nod and pretend to smile as we pass each other by eh?"


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

Zeldana gave a respectful nod as she said "That sounds fine. Would you prefer if I wait here or should I return at some time?"


Female Human Monk/2 HP 20/20 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 4 | Per 9 | Init 5

Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Morning

Stricia is silent for a moment. The hold of Cheliax is no longer light on Kintargo then. There must be a list of the ones who were publically executed somewhere


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

"Wait for me here" Sholti tells Sera. "I'll be right back."

She looks at the Dottari to figure out which of them is in command of the patrol, then walks circumspectly to within about 25' of the group. She points discreetly at the one in charge, and quietly pronounces a couple of arcane words.

After that, Sholti begins walking toward them, throwing up her arm and calling "मैं क्या कहने के साथ खेलते हैं।!" to the elf.

Translation from Elven:
"Play along with what I say!"

As she closes with them she switches to Taldane, smiling brightly and speaking in her most cheerful, oblivious way.

"There you are dear cousin! Where did you wander off to? I was only trying on hats for maybe fifteen minutes! And what have you gotten yourself into here?"

She then turns to the Dottari's leader, and with her widest eyes and best smile asks "Is there some problem here Sir? Please forgive my cousin if he has stepped out of line in some way. He has been visiting us from Absalom for only a couple of weeks and hasn't quite adjusted to local mores yet."

"Could you please see it in your heart to let me take him with me and we will be on our way?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 or K Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 whichever is more appropriate.

Casting Charm Person (DC 16) on the apparent Dottari leader. If more than 2 weeks have passed since travel into and out of Kintargo has become restricted, please adjust the time stated by Sholti to before the restrictions.


Female Half-Orc Alchemist 2 HP 21/21 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +6 Reflex +6 WIll +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

Aww I wanted to go with Sholti :(


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

You can always decide to come anyway. I just figured I'd try to keep the story as simple as possible. Besides I'll share my elf if you'll share your faerie dragon. :)


Female Half-Orc Alchemist 2 HP 21/21 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +6 Reflex +6 WIll +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

You can have him =] I don't consider him 'mine' as opposed to everyones so if someone wants to pick him up as a familiar etc thats all good with me :) Annoyingly though, I don't speak Elven, so maybe its better if you make the initial contact anyway, speaking to him in his native tongue was a good idea.


Aasimar Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 (T: 11, F: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Spells: 1st 3/3

"A wise man once said: The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."


Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Morning

Stricia

"My friends might know that answer. Are you here looking for someone?"


Kintargo - Vespam Artisans - Morning

Zeldana

Serila smiles, "Nowadays, inside is safer but it is up to you".


Kintargo - Vespam Artisans - Morning

Sholti & Sera

The Dottari scowls.

HA ONLY:
Will save 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

He looks at the elf and back at Sholti, "Move along then! Keep hi outta trouble ya hear?!"

The squad heads away and the elf turns to you, "Thank you. Why would you risk yourself for me so?"

Sera, you see that Sholti's gamble paid off and you become less tense immediately.


Kintargo - Newt Market - Morning

Kadwyn

The man bows, "Having never met before I am surprised to hear you quoting me". He smiles as he stands from his bow, "I am Hetamon Haace my dear".


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

"While I do agree, I shall await outside. I'd hate to take up space when I am not buying anything. I'll just be right outside." Zeldana said respectfully before exiting the shop.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

Sholti slips her arm through the elf's elbow and leads him quickly away, back toward Sera with an extra bounce in her step,

"You're welcome. It wasn't so terribly risky"

Sholti raises her free hand and wiggles her fingers. "I helped him decide what to do before I arrived."

"My name is Sholti, nice to meet you."

Sholti is feeling more than a little exuberant that her off the cuff plan went so well. She's also excited to be talking to an elf. She's met precious few, and is terribly curious to chat with him some.


Female Human Monk/2 HP 20/20 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 4 | Per 9 | Init 5

Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Morning

Stricia nods I was supposed to meet someone in this city. It was while I was searching for them that I was attacked. she replies to Hiranno. I hope dearly that they were not executed but it is the only clue that I have


Aasimar Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 (T: 11, F: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Spells: 1st 3/3

"Kadwyn Jenicca." She bows in response as she introduces herself. "Your quote? I suppose we have mutual acquaintances, then. I first heard it years ago, wise words to live by, especially in a place such as Kintargo where one's bloodline determines their status, be it noble or other-worldly. Though my divine heritage is less obvious than most, it doesn't surprise me that a Tiefling would recognize what I am. Really, we are not all that different you and I." Kadwyn shifts her glance away from Hetamon for a moment and sighs. "Both strangers in our own homes."


Kintargo - Vespam Artisans - Morning

Zel, Sholti & Sera

As Zel meets with the other Ladies she finds a male elf in their midst. He stays quiet and appears desirous to leave despite the danger of doing so. "I would speak with you Lady Sholti, perhaps there is a place we can meet to do so? I have somewhere to be and soon..."

I will assume Sholti will inform him of where to meet, feel free to include it in your next post Sholti.

Zel tells her allies that mid-day it will be to find Hiranno. The Ladies continue to browse nearby shops awaiting Serila's lunch break.

As Serila steps out Sholti and Sera shadow the two as they head to Hiranno's home.

Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Mid-Day

Zel, Sholti & Sera

Soon enough you all arrive as it is not far from the Artisan's shop. Serila knocks on the door, "Keta, are you home?"


Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Mid-Day

Stricia

"Whoever they are, my friends and I will aid you in finding them".

As the morning trails along you and Hiranno get to know one another a bit better but she reveals little while getting more out of you.

As lunchtime rolls around there is a knock at the door, a voice from the other side calls out, "Keta, are you home?"

Hiranno places a finger on her lips indicating you should remain quiet, "I am home Serila, I am having my time today and need the day off please apologize to Vespum for me..."


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

"It's Zeldana. Your friend Serila was kind enough to show me where you live." Zeldana called softly. "We've been worried about you."


Kintargo - Newt Market - Morning

Kadwyn

Haace grins, "I have an eye for detail, I am a tailor by trade. Tell me, are you shopping for anything in particular? I can imagine you wrapped in clothing of my design would only enhance your already substantial beauty".


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

Sholti suggests to the elf that they meet at Clenchjaw's that evening or the next, as he finds most convenient. She is quite curious about the request and asks what the subject of the meeting might be, hoping to find out more.

In tracking doen Hiranno Sholti is content to remain well away and out of sight from Zeldana and the other woman. Things seem to be going smoothly enough as they are, and she sees no reason why all of them should converge on Hiranno's door.


Female Human Monk/2 HP 20/20 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 4 | Per 9 | Init 5

Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Mid-Day

Is this trouble? Stricia whispers to Hiranno.


Aasimar Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 (T: 11, F: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Spells: 1st 3/3

Kadwyn smiles and breaks eye contact shyly at Haace's comment. "Thank you. I'm not actually in the market for textiles, I'm looking for help. A friend of mine is in trouble and it's hard to find someone willing to stand up to injustice these days."


Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Mid-Day

Zel, Sholti, Stricia & Sera

Hiranno grins at Stricia, "It sems my friends have found me".

She heads to teh door and opens it, "Thank you Serila. This is my dear friend".

Serila frowns, "Oh. Oh alright then, are you coming to work tomorrow Keta?"

Hiranno reassures her that she will and Serila leaves, she appears a bit troubled but she leaves.

Hiranno looks at Zel, "Is it just you?"


Kintargo - Newt Market - Morning

Kadwyn

Haace shrugs, "I fear I would be not much help here. Tell me, what sort of trouble is your friend in? Perhaps I can help in other ways? I know we just met but I sense a Kindred spirit in you".


Aasimar Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 (T: 11, F: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Spells: 1st 3/3

"Her name is Zae. She, well, she got in a little trouble with the law and I think she's now in the Salt Works. I just want to make sure she's ok." As much as Kadwyn wants to find help, she's afraid of giving secrets to the wrong person, especially in the tumultuous political climate of Kintargo.


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

"Sholti and Sera are with me." Zeldana said as she hugged Hiranno. "Oh Sera is a new friend." She explained with a smile. "I'm so glad you're safe."


Female Human Monk/2 HP 20/20 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 4 | Per 9 | Init 5

Stricia will stay hidden if possible until Hiranno gives an all clear.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

I figure Sholti is out of conversational earshot so she'll wait until she hears from Zel.


Kintargo - Newt Market - Morning

Kadwyn

Haace frowns, "I am sorry to hear that. Your take is not an uncommon one in the city these recent weeks. I wish there was something to be done, perhaps an appeal to the Thrune for leniency?"


Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Mid-Day

Zel, Sholti, Stricia & Sera

Hiranno beckons you all to come forth and into her home, [b]"It's not much but its home. I have a new friend too. This is Stricia.

Well met Sera, I am Hiranno.

I rescued Stricia from the Dottari yesterday, I fear in the process they have at least identified what I look like. So as to not endanger our mission I think I should lay low for a while. I did want to bring Stricia to you though, she needs help I think only we can provide. That is why I was not able to show up at the meeting yesterday, sorry.

So Sera, what got you involved with my friends?"

Hiranno is an Asian woman, slight of build and dark of hair. Her body is clearly taut and trained for battle. The fine craftsmanship of the blade she has hanging on the wall is proof that her training is not just for show.


Aasimar Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 (T: 11, F: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Spells: 1st 3/3

Kadwyn shrugs, "Perhaps, though if my previous experiences with the Thrune are any indication, I don't expect much leniency."


Female Human Monk/2 HP 20/20 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 4 | Per 9 | Init 5

Stricia bows to the newcomers with her right fist grasped in her left palm. I am a newcomer to the city, the people who were supposed to meet me did not and I fear the worst considering what seems to be the state of things here


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

"Hellow Stricia. I am Zeldana, this is Sholti, and this is Sera!" Zeldana said with a smile as she bowed back. "So you had a run in with the Dottari huh?" She asked.


Female Half-Orc Alchemist 2 HP 21/21 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | Fort +6 Reflex +6 WIll +0 | Init +3 | Per +5

Sera flashes a polite smile in the direction of Hiranno, before adopting a more serious expression at the womans question.

"Well, I stepping on a couple of members of a Dottari patrol hassling them - after that, I guess I just tagged along. Its good to be involved in something like this though, makes me feel as if I'm making a change or improvement - small though it might be"


Female Human Monk/2 HP 20/20 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 4 | Per 9 | Init 5

Yes Zeldana. It was not a pleasant experience. I could leave and go back home. But it does not feel right to abandon the people of this city to whatever is happening Stricia says seriously Perhaps if I aid you I could learn more about what happened to the ones I was supposed to meet? Is that acceptable to you? I can defend myself as well as others. I do not think I am as good with my sword as Hiranno Stricia nods towards the swordswoman But I am capable unarmed as well


Kintargo - Hiranno's Home - Mid-Day

Zel, Sholti, Stricia & Sera

Hiranno takes Sera's hand, "As long as people like you start to join us that small change will become a big one.

Ladies, please take Stricia with you and give her shelter. I am afraid the Dottari have seen me and my blade enough now that my presence with you may be suspicious".

I am going to shuffle us forward.


Kintargo - Newt Market - Morning

Kadwyn

Haace shrugs, "Consider it but do so publicly so that you cannot simply be clasped in chains.

Good luck to you, should you need anything, feel free to come by my shop".

Moving us forward.


Kintargo - Long Roads Coffee House - Afternoon

Kadwyn, Zel, Sholti, Stricia & Sera

The four ladies head in through the back of Long Roads bringing their new companion with them.

Kadwyn heads through the front. The crowd here is light as most people are at work at this time of day, despite the terrible conditions lately people mus still eat! Laria smiles at you warmly, "My dear. Head in the back Rexus is there and he can sit with you for a little while until my other allies arrive".

As Zel, Sholti, Stricia and Sera sit down in the back room, Kadwyn enters!

All together now!


Aasimar Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 (T: 11, F: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Spells: 1st 3/3

Kadwyn eyes the room nervously, "Is this the Rose of Kintargo? My name is Kadwyn. A friend of mine is in trouble and I've been told you are my best, maybe only, chance to rescue her."


Female Human Monk/2 HP 20/20 | AC 16 T 16 FF 10 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 4 | Per 9 | Init 5

Stricia bows towards Kadwn I am new to this group also and in much the same situation. These women helped me avoid capture by a Dottari patrol.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

Sholti greets and welcomes Kadwyn.

"I'm afraid I'm not familiar with any "Rose of Kintargo"" she says, briefly looking toward Rexus in a questioning way.

"But then all of us are very new to this. What is the nature of your friend's trouble?"


Aasimar Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 (T: 11, F: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Spells: 1st 3/3

Kadwyn shrugs, "Well, you see, Zae's been taken prisoner by the Thrune. I'm certain she's in the Salt Works, but I haven't been able figure out a way in by myself."


Female Half-elf Witch (Cartomancer) 2

"So another we must look for when we hit the Salt Works." Zeldana said as she looked to Kadwyn. "What did your friend do?" She asked.


Female Half-Elf Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +9 | Speed 30'

Sholti nods affirmatively. "Yes, that sort of trouble has been going around. I hope we will be able to help. We're working on something now to get those who are being held there out."


Aasimar Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 (T: 11, F: 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Spells: 1st 3/3

Kadwyn turns, responding to Zeldana. "I don't know. I've tried to get answers from the Dottari, but haven't been able to make any sense of it." Facing Sholti, she nods. "Thank you, I am in your debt."


Kintargo - Long Roads Coffee House - Afternoon

Kadwyn, Zel, Sholti, Stricia & Sera

Rexus heads down the stairs looking bleary eyed, "New recruits for the cause?" He asks rhetorically.

"So, I take it the next objective is the Salt Works?"

Before anyone can answer a tiny sounding, squeaky voice from nowhere responds, "I can help. I want to help, can I can I?"

Sera you recognize the voice as VENDALFEK

951 to 1,000 of 1,071 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hells Angels - Fox Force Five Hells Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.