Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Dawn of Legends (A Legacy of Failure)

Game Master JamZilla

Combat Map


2,201 to 2,238 of 2,238 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

Trystt points out the cameras overhead before anyone walks too far in. "I'll block their sight temporarily. Just step to the side, don't walk directly under them." She concentrates for a moment, and some of the heat of the room is sucked out despite the warm summer night. A cool mist emanates outward, obscuring vision. Then she summons her crackling protective aura after directing people down the stairs. Finally, she makes her own way down, using what shadows and corners there are to scout.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast: Obscuring Mist
Cast: Mage Armor 1(Lesser Resistance Armor)

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Buff: Mage Armor 1(DR: 5/-)(40 min)
Witch 1: 7/8
Witch 2: 3/4


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

Napalm nods and gives a small smile as Trystt blocks the cameras. He enjoyed when they could use their brains to solve problems and not firepower. "Ok, let's look for this secret entrance. I imagine it will be farther down, near the tracks. Too many people are around this area for it not to have been noticed already."

The scientist touches a button on his kevlar vest and you see it expand slightly. He touches it gently at first and then hit it harder. He nods, satisfied. "Something new I'm trying. High impact foam, injected into cells underneath the kevlar. Fluid enough to allow movement, but becomes rigid with a sharp impact." He follows Trystt down to the far end of the corridor.

Cast Ablative Barrier


The mist billows up around Trystt, covering the sight lines of the cameras. Taking advantage of this, she moves forward cautiously.

A subway station after hours is an eerie place and she finds herself looking at the corners suspiciously as if something might jump out. But of course the station is quiet.

A corridor runs east to west, channelling passengers to the right platforms down below. A door sits in the west wall while the corridor runs further east and then turns.


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

"Seems like you all got upgrades." Looking at Napalm and then at Midnights new armor, then down to his sweatpants and shirt.

Ebon looks on and smiles as Trystt fills the stairs with mist covering them. Moving first down the stairs and onto the platform.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

"Head for the door?" He says taking a step out making sure he's clear of any cameras.


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

Spore snakes a vine back from the direction of the closer camera overhead, where he'd been planning to rip it down, and wondered if anyone had seen. Trystt's idea was better, he thought. The less trail they left behind, the better. Following in her footsteps, he prepares for the delve, hardening much of his own skin into wood, and growing a shield on one arm before heading down the stairs.

As Ebon reflects on the team's hardware upgrades, Spore thinks back some of the television he'd watched while Trystt had slept off her injuries over the last week:

"It's what's inside that counts, Ebon" the giant plant monster rumbles to Akio with a big, sincere grin.

Hardening my skin is just the armor I've purchased, and the shield is 100% fluff.

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

Trystt ignores the door for now, believing they are looking for a tunnel connected to the railway tunnels. "I'm going this way," she says, unsure as to why she is whispering. Seeing another camera, she re-uses her mist trick. "Turn right here, just hug the wall."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast: Obscuring Mist

Buff: Mage Armor 1(DR: 5/-)(40 min)
Witch 1: 6/8
Witch 2: 3/4


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

Sterne can feel the drop in temperature instantly and as the strange girl who calls herself Trysst conjours a mist around them he follows her lead and tries to avoid the cameras as best he can.
that is a very useful ability, it pays to be cautious he says quietly, mimicking her whisper as they move into the station


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

Napalm follows Trystt, hugging the wall like she said. He scans the area looking for any service hatches or maintenance doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


The door you passed looks like a maintenance door Lucas.

Trystt continues on, peeking around the corner and seeing exactly what she expected - further corridors running deeper underground. An escalator - now switched off - runs deeper toward the platforms and tracks.

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

Once everyone has moved up, Trystt will continue.


Trystt continues on but before she gets much further the misty tendrils of her spells drift slowly through the corridor, filling an enormous area.

They slowly rise on the hot air pushed from the tunnels below and pushes the mist upward toward the ceiling. Toward the embedded sprinklers.

In an instant the subway station is filled with a blaring, high-pitched alarm and a moment later the sprinkler systems trigger blasting water in a wide fan that drenches the heroes in scant seconds.


Map updated. The stairs down are switched-off escalators leading to the platforms


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

Spore, still on Trytt's heels, looks up at the sprinkler system, and as happy as he is about the refreshing drink, gets serious. He'd largely avoided getting in trouble with law enforcement officials on Earth, and running away to hide when alarms sounded had contributed to that effort greatly.
"Let's go!" he rumbles. "Left?" he yells to Trystt, eager to avoid the camera at the end of the hallway, and happy to take the closer stairs down.


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

Sterne jumps and curses loudly as the blaring fire alarm system suddenly activates.
we don’t have long! The authorities will be here in minutes he says as he is drenched with water
come on, we need to hurry he says following spore deeper into the subway.


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

Ebon flinches slightly as the sprinkler system pops, unsure of what it was for a second as the water hits down hard from above.

"We move now, no time to sneak. Cover up and let's get down there." He says sprints past covering up his face and running down the escalator.


The group charge down the stairs, the alarm ringing in their ears. Before long the escalator ends at a short corridor that turns sharply and then opens out onto the platform itself.

The electronic boards denoting the next train are currently switched off and the platform is devoid of any people. The only noise is the echoing blast of the alarm.

The train tracks run east to west into darkness on either side.

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

Trystt nods to Spore about heading left, and then shouts over the alarm, "No need to panic! Let's not make mistakes by rushing!" Lesson learned about the city's sprinklers, though.


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

Napalm pulls up his hood and races after the others. "We can't just run around! We need to find this entrance!"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

the entrance is going to be along the track somewhere I would have thought, we’ll need to follow the line and see if we can find anything Sterne says as they move deeper into the subway

j do we know where the prohibition tunnels are? As in which way along the tracks it should be. We know they are near this station but would we know which direction they used to run?


Not prohibition tunnels - you're looking for abandoned subway tunnels now. That being the case, this section would run parallel or above those old sections.

You know following the tracks west and looking out for off section areas that would indicate where the old tunnels adjoin.

Heading west along the tracks is likely to be your best chance of finding this.


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

Gesturing westward along the tunnel Sterne suggests they head in that direction.
the location of any old tunnels is likely to be westward along the line, at least that’s what our research indicates. Let’s try this way , be careful of the third rail.
There’s enough electricity in these lines to kill you
he says and then he pauses
well it would kill a normal person , just be careful he says as he jumps down from the platform.

we head west then j, is it pretty dark down here? Or are there service lights?


It is almost immediately near-enough pitch black. There are some minor maintenance lights but they do little more than stop you just bumping into walls.

The group head into the stifling darkness of the subway tunnel.

The air is hot and still, almost like it has been breathed in a hundred times and breathed out again and left to fester in these old tunnels. Occasionally you hear the scuttling of rats in the darkness and for those who can see, you notice the large numbers that thrive down here beneath the city.

The noise of the alarm echoes for a long time but eventually fades until the only noise is that persistent ringing that happens when things are truly still.

The tunnel is almost completely featureless. It is narrow, allowing possibly only 8 inches or so of clearance on either side of a subway train which means that most of you have to watch your footing as you walk directly over the tracks.

Quick pause here. You have no real idea how long you'll be down here or exactly what you are looking for. Anyone want to do or cast anything before I prep a map and move on?


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

Spore unleashes some small, floating, luminescent somethings, which dimly light the tunnel, and seem to follow him around. From somewhere, he pulls a odd looking puffball, ready to throw just in case.
"Ready when you are..."


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

Napalm walks back from his position in the front of the group. Whatever the goblin formula had done to his body had helped his eyes adjust to pitch blackness. "It keeps going. There's got to be an access hatch somewhere."

Trystt and I have darkvision. We can go first.


Sterne is right and these tracks are electrified. Now that the tunnel is reasonably lit, that poses no danger as you can watch your footing.

Anyone else doing anything?

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

I'll keep a Dancing Lights spell up also. Also, Message on Spore.


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

I'd only want to cast light but with spores I'll just continue to follow - since we have no idea how far this goes on for.


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

nothing further I want to cast, I have placed a trick in myself -vanish arrow.
Ignore my previous post reg tricks - speaking to jz I can only cast it on one person at this level


The group press on into the darkness, now illuminated for those who need it by a series of small, drifting lights that spark occasionally above Trystt's head.

Eventually, the alarm silences, though it's nose was dim at this point anyway. The relief you feel at that is quickly replaced though.

At first you don't hear it, but feel it. There is a woosh! of warm air at your back that ruffles Trystt and Midnight's hair and the slightest vibration among the stones that sit between the tracks you walk upon.

Then the noise comes. It's like distant thunder that approaches at a breakneck pace, the light level in the tunnel begins to rise as the train rounds a corner and barrels toward you!

Perception check DC 20:

There is a maintenance door some 100 feet away. It has a warning sign daubed on it but you cannot read it and it secured with a heavy chain.

Round 1 - Heroes


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

Perception DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

"A door there!" Trystt points as she runs.

Per: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

Spore sees the door just before Trystt shouts to the group about it, and mentally commands his light-spores to move there, illuminating the path along the way as he starts to run.

Taking the 'Run' action and moving 3x my speed, 60'.


Oh wait! I forgot to mention something.

You have been in no danger of the tracks because you could take your time. Now, if you rush, you need to treat them as difficult terrain. You can make an acrobatics check of DC 10 to move at full speed. If you fail however, you take a shock. Alternatively, you can move at half speed without the need for an acrobatics check and negate the risk of being shocked.


Plant Creature Brawler/Sorcerer 4 | HP: 48/48; Fast Heal 3 | AC 19/19; | Fort:+9; Ref:+7; Will:+6 | Resist: Cold 5, Acid 5 | Vulnerable: Fire | Immune: Mind-Effecting, Paralysis, Poison, Polymorph, Sleep, Stun | Low-Light Vision; Perc.+9; Init +2

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Full speed for me!

Dark Archive

F Sylph Rogue/Magus/Witch | HP: 27 | KAC:20* | EAC:19 | F:4 R:8 W:7 | CMD: 18 | Init: 4 | Per: 15* | Speed: 35' | Darkvision: 60' | Fame: 3 | Arcane Pool: 6 | Magus Spells: | 1st: 5 | Witch Spells: | 1st: 8 | 2nd: 4 |

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Human aka Ebon - Human, Monk/Magus 4 | hp44 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | AC K 20 E 19 | Init +6 | Perc +11

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Ebon begins to sprint down the track, heading to the point Trystt pointed out.


aka Napalm, Mutant (half-orc) Alchemist/Rogue (hp 29/29; F+7, R+10*, W+6* | KAC 18/14/14; EAC 17/14/13 | Init +4 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +7)
Dex Mutagen:
F+7, R+12*, W+5* | KAC 20/14/16; EAC 19/14/15 | Init +6 | Perception +7*, SM +6

"Come on, Doc! I doubt you can fool a train!" Napalm grabs Sterne's hand and pulls him along as he races after the others.

Aid Sterne's acrobatics. Napalm can't fail the DC 10 for either purpose.


Male Human Mesmerist - Bard INIT +1, PPT+8, FORT +4, REF +6, WILL +13, CMB+3, CMD +14, BA +3,AC 16, EAC 15, T 11, FF 15 HP 35

acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
pretty spry for an old guy :)

get that door open quick! Sterne shouts as Napalm grabs him and they sprint after the others. Though outwardly he looks to be in his seventies underneath he was still himself he had played his fair share of football in college and had kept himself in shape.

2,201 to 2,238 of 2,238 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dawn of Legends (A PF Superhero Saga) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.