Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


251 to 300 of 5,704 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

"Aye, he is talented considering the event happened mere hours ago."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar grunts a little, it is clear that he does not hold bards in the highest regard, but is still willing to make an exception for Camilo.

"Yes, he has a certain flair that I believe will go down well with the crowd." Vidar says with grudging respect.

Vidar then grabs the fresh tankard and drains a large portion of its content with one long gulp. "Ah, mead truly is the lifeblood of the Ulfen, I am glad there is mead of fine quality in these lands, almost makes me feel at home." Vidar says with a satisfied sigh.


The crowd quiets as Camilo begins strumming the lute. Ameiko sneaks a few peeks during the well-received performance, and at the end applauds with the crowd, nodding her head back and forth, as if to tease, "not bad".

As the late evening turns to night, a moment of drama unfolds to remind the patrons that not all the encounters with goblins that day offered comical or valourous endings. A guard entered and talked with Ameiko. She nodded to a table, where one man seemed to be expecting an interruption. The smiles of his friends at his table all disappeared as he rose and joined the guard at the bar. He and the guard left together. A few moments later, he returned. He talked to Ameiko, who nodded affirmatively, and handed him a glass she had ready. He returned to his table, and shared the news with his friends. The two next to him each put an arm around him and the other two also reacted sympathetically.

Ameiko made her way to the small stage in the dining room. The crowd grew quiet as they shushed each other. "We just got news that we lost Darrin Welk in the goblin ambush." Several of the regulars groaned in disappointment at the news. Some of those near the man who'd spoken with the guard gave him a sympathetic pat on the back or handshake. "His brother asked me to sing one of his favorite songs in his memory." She then began a popular, mournful Varisian song, "The End of the Journey". By the end of the song, Darrin's brother and the others at his table were weeping openly, and several others in the tavern had tears in their eyes, including Ameiko. Her performance was very moving. Her voice had a mature sound to it, much fuller and more developed than Camilo remembered it. The rest of the night was understandably more subdued.


DM:
Would Rullis know who Darrin Welk was?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar frowns a little at the news. "Hrm...This Darrin must have been a popular fellow to elicit this kind of response, but I am a little confused, did he die from wounds during the attack and lingered on til now? Or were he not present and was attacked on the road or something like this?" Having not known the man, Vidar still mourns his passing a bit, and quietly swears that a few more goblins will pay with blood for the pain they caused on these people.


Rullis Stillman wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Rullis:
Probably not personally. He was a bit older, and worked at the lumber mill. Not a well-known family, but he was a regular at the Rusty Dragon, hence the reception.

I may not have done a good job painting a picture of the attack. There were several goblin encounters throughout town. After they'd been defeated or driven off, the guards went through town, looking for straggler goblins or for casualties. So it's taken a while for them to notify relatives of the few who were killed in the attack.


After all the performances and tributes are completed, Rullis says to his new friends, "Excuse me for a second, I'll be right back." He gets up and walks over to the table where Darrin's brother is sitting. Placing a sympathetic hand on his back, Rullis leans over and says something to the man and those at the table before heading back and sitting down. He sits mournfully for a second before finishing off his first tankard of mead.

DM:
As a periodic patron of the bar, Darrin's brother and Rullis would have probably seen each other in the bar over the years, even if they didn't know each other. So Rullis goes up to the brother and says, "I'm sorry for your loss, my friend. I will be sure to keep Darrin in my prayers for you. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know." Rullis will listen to any response he receives before heading back to his own table.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks at the unfinished meal on his plate. His appetite has left him after the bad news and the sorrow-filled song. "When a community loses one if its own to the evil deeds of others, we all are less for it."

He stands placing coins on the table to cover his meal, the round he purchased and one more round for those still staying. "Gentleman, thank you for your company this evening and your bravery today. I will be at the cathedral tomorrow to see if there's anymore help needed. Hopefully they have learned more news about how and why this attack took place. But I'm tired now and I feel I will need a clear mind on the 'morrow."

Noone let me know how much everything cost and I'll subtract it from my GP total.


Male Human Court bard 1

Quite impressed with how Ameiko's Voice had devoloped, Camilo wants to speak to Ameiko more than ever. He waits for a moment when shes not busy, and approches her

DM:

"Your voice is more beautiful than I remember it.. I.um.. By the gods i sound like a bumbling fool. Where to start?.. How have you been?"


I'm calculating the mead @ 6cp, the ale at common 4cp, and the meal at common 3cp, so I'm adding it up to 55 cp. Also, a night's stay at either the Rusty Dragon or the White Deer Inn is the common 5 cp.


Rullis:
The brother receives your condolences as he receives those from many others. He thanks you, and notices your holy symbol when you mention praying for your brother: "I appreciate it."

Camilo:
Ameiko laughs at Camilo's loss for words. "So I guess you'd like to meet your daughter."


After finally finishing off the second tankard that was bought for him, Rullis turns to the group. "Well, I should probably head out as well. It's been a rough day." he says as he rubs his chest again. "I'm going to head home and get some rest. I'll be back at the cathedral tomorrow as well if you wish to meet up again. If you intend to seek out whoever was responsible for this goblin mess, I'd be more than happy to tag along and help out in any way that I can."

After any further discussion, Rullis gets up and heads out of the bar.

DM:
Rullis will just head home and rest, grabbing a quick bite to eat on whatever he has at home. In the morning, he'll spend some time praying to Gozreh to replenish his spells. I'll update his character sheet with selected spells later tonight, assuming nothing else happens. Given the recent attack and the possibility of leaving to seek out these goblins, he'll bring his survival gear with him including his fishing spear. He'll store them near by in the cathedral while he helps out Father Zantus with whatever help is needed, but he'll keep the harpy musk on his person just in case.


Male Human Court bard 1

dm:

Camilo's jaw hits the ground. Along with mine, lol

"I.. We.. have a daughter!? yes..YES! I want to meet her! By the gods, I feel the fool for not comming back sooner! All these years, I've written, and never gotten a response.. I thought you where furious with me!"


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Aye, tis time enough for drink later, for now it is time to sleep."
Vidar casts a meaningfull glance at Camilo before smirking and heading towards the White deer inn to get some sleep.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian drinks another ale then houlders his pack and heads over to the White Deer to rest.


Camilo:
Ameiko laughs so hard she snorts. "Oh ho, you should have seen your face! No, Erastil was looking the other way when we had our fun, fortunately for me. Ah, Camilo, were you hoping you could just show up and we would start playing 'house'? I'm not the same spoiled noble's daughter you knew. Come on, we'll catch up."

She calls over to the waitress that wasn't serving your section: "Hey, Ember, take over the bar the rest of the night." She grabs a half-bottle of the mead and a couple of glasses and leads you to an empty table out of the way. "So tell me what you've been up to since you left."


Male Human Court bard 1

For Ameiko:

Camilo Blushes deeply, but follows Ameiko to a quiet area

"Play house? You know me better than that. I err, well you're Father wasn't very fond of me, I might even go as far as saying he lothed me. When he found out we where involved, he Threatened my life, in a rather nasty manner. And knowing your pops, I took him seriously. I've been in Riddleport, working as a Court Bard for Gaston Cromarcky. It was fun, and intresting, I picked up some useful abilities. But my mind always wandered back here. Finally feeling confident enough I could take care of myself, and you.. honestly, I returned, hoping we could maybe pick up where we left off. But... if you've moved on.. or aren't interested anymore... I err..This place is Really lovely.. Enough about me! Tell me what you've been up to!"


Camilo:
"I told you, my father's not really that violent! Well... actually, maybe he is. Hmmm..." Ameiko's smile twists in contemplation. She pours herself another glass of mead, then offers Camilo the last. "After you left, Tsuto and I had a big argument. He was never your biggest fan. And as much as my father condemned me for 'shaming' him, he was happy to share the details to anyone who'd listen. I got sick of the whispers pretty quick and left for Magnimar. I fell in with a group of adventurers led by a very ambitious fighter, and we made a good amount of money."

"About 5 years ago, Mom committed suicide, and I came back for the funeral. Tsuto accused Dad of killing her, and they got into a big fight. Dad nearly broke his jaw with his cane, so maybe you're right. Tsuto left then, and I haven't heard from him since. I decided to stick around and buy the Rusty Dragon and fix it up. the whole family shuns me now. I don't know if it's still because of our little dalliance, or my year as an adventurer, or for running this 'flophouse', as my father calls it. Doesn't matter. It's okay with me. But that's pretty much been it with me."

"Are you going to stick around Sandpoint for a while? I can set you up with room, and I've got some friends if you have any loot you need to sell." Basically, the benefits of your trait.


Male Human Court bard 1

Ameiko:

Camilo takes a long swig from the glass of Mead.

"Honestly, I don't plan on Leaving. I came back to see you. I cannot keep you out of my mind. So yes, a Room would be fantastic.. I want to catch up more.. tell me about your adventures..."

I feel like I'm holding up the game, we can skip to the next day with some discription from the GM if you'd like.. :-)


Camilo Duin wrote:
I feel like I'm holding up the game, we can skip to the next day with some discription from the GM if you'd like.. :-)

It's less the storyline slowing us down than me having less time as work's picking up for the next few weeks. I'll try to continue at least a post a day, though.

The rest of the night passes without incident. Let me know what you're each planning the next day.

Camilo:
"There really wasn't much to the adventure. We encountered a lot of undead, and we didn't find what we were looking for, but we had enough loot that I could get this place off the ground." Ameiko is happy to converse for a couple hours after closing. She's as facetious as ever on the surface, but there's a new compassion that tempers her humor from being as ascerbic as it had been (though the "daughter" joke makes it clear that she can still tap into that reserve when she wants to). She certainly isn't the same spoiled noble's daughter - this Ameiko is clearly more mature, confident, and even pragmatic. Let me know if there's anything Camilo would like to discuss, and we'll wrap it up.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Waking up bright and early, Vidar gets dressed and goes down for some breakfast. After a hearty meal he takes Enok and goes for a stroll through the area surrounding Sandpoint, familiarising himself with the local fauna and flora.

At abut lunchtime he will head back and dine at the White Deer inn, then finally he will head towards the old light and begin to study it, setting up a little base camp where he studies stones, writes down observations of the structure and such things. Unless disturbed he will stay there until sundown.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Prayers. Breakfast at the Inn. Then over to the cathedral and the temple devoted to Abadar to see if he can be of any use.


After breakfast and morning prayers, Rullis grabs his survival gear and fishing spear as he suspects that he may be heading out in search of goblins later and heads back to the cathedral. He stores his stuff in the cathedral where he can get to it if needed, but keeps the harpy musk on him. Then he finds Father Zantus to see how he can help out.


Male Human Court bard 1

Ameiko:

Camilo continues to talk with ehre un till they are both exausted and ready to retire

"Its been Great talking to you Ameiko, I really enjoyed it. When do I get to see you again? I..I want to keep seeing you... "

with that, Camilo will retire to his room, Get up the next day and have some breakfast at the rusty dragon, and head out into town to see whats new


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian awakes in the morning and goes down stairs for breakfast.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

If Vidar notices Kithian during breakfast he will nod politely but make no attempt to start a conversation at the moment, he will save that for later that evening, right now his mind is busy with processing yesterday’s events as well as what he might learn later during the day.


For those not actively monitoring discussion thread, please check it out!


For Camilo and Kerrec:
As you both head down to breakfast at the Rusty Dragon, you find that the tavern is packed and the entirety of the morning breakfast crowd is intently listening to a very loud man telling a story at the bar. As you reach the bottom of the stairs, you both recognize the man as the nobleman from outside the White Deer, Aldern Foxglove.

"And then the brave knight leveled his crossbow and let loose a volley of bolts," he shouts as he brings his arms up mimicing a man holding a crossbow and pantomimes firing off a rapid succession of shots, complete with sound effects, "And each one of the dozen goblins fell with a bolt right between the eyes!" He finishes with a flourish, pointing a finger between his eyes and looking about the crowd, who applaud and hoot loudly.

Before Foxglove can continue with his story, his attention is taken away as he sees the both of you descending the stairs. "And here are our heroes now! Barkeep! A round of drinks and your finest breakfast for our saviors!" At Foxglove's introduction and the realization that the Heroes of his tales are now with them, the crowd begins to cheer and before you have a chance to get your bearings, you're engulfed by a sea of people patting you on the backs and shaking your hands. Ameiko looks on from behind the bar with a smile on her lips, equal parts admiration and pity.

For Vidar and Kithian:
The White Deer is nearly empty as you come down for breakfast, but shortly after you take your seats at your tables a tall somber looking man of Shoanti descent walks up to a place between you and calls out to you both, "You two, you are the heroes from yesterday's battle. I am Garridan Viskalai, the owner of this inn. I remember seeing you dispatch many goblins yesterday. From now on, you both eat, drink, and sleep for free at the White Deer!" After giving his speech, Garridan walks up to each of you and gives you a firm handshake before taking your orders for breakfast.

For Rullis:
Your breakfast is interuppted by a rapping on the door of your shack. Answering the door, you find Father Zanthus standing before you stroking his beard nervously. "Good morning Rullis! Sorry to call on you so early, but I was wondering if you might be able to help me out with something... I know you didn't know him well, but Darrin Welk who passed away in the raid was a follower of Gozreh and his brother asked me if you would be so kind as to say a few words at his service this afternoon. I know it's short notice, but can you help us?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Dm and Kithian:
Vidar shakes Garridans hand firmly with a nod before sitting down to eat breakfast. As he won't be needing to pay, he orders in a second tankard of winter drop mead right away, plus a little ale in a bowl for Enok.

"Well now, this is a fine development wouldn't you say master Darlock? Free food and lodging, and all you had to do to earn it were to play a childhood game, quite auspicious, I wonder if our fellows fare as well where ever they may be now."

Having said his peace, Vidar drains the first tankard and then begins to eat breakfast in earnest.


Also, here a couple of pictures of the NPCs you've encounted so far who aren't already pictured in the Player's Guide:

Ameiko Kaijitsu

Aldern Foxglove

Father Zanthus

Let me know if anyone isn't able to view any of these images as I'm probably going to be uploading all of my battle maps to imageshack. Thanks!


DM:
Rullis graciously invites Father Zanthus into his meager shack. "And good morning to you father. Please, come inside. Can I get you something to drink? I was just going to head over to the cathedral to see if you needed any help." Once inside, Rullis listens to Zanthus' request. "It is so unfortunate that lives were lost during such a pointless attack on our town. I would be happy to help out if I could. While I don't know much about him, I can relate to the pain that Darrin's family must surely be going through right now. Is there anything in particular that the family would like said? Anything related to his faith?" After a few seconds thought, "Where will this service be held? Inside the new cathedral? The wing for Gozreh would be a rather nice location."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Surprise, embarassment and a little bit of anger plays across Kerrec's face as he hears Foxglove's wild tale. Humbly accepting the crowd's apprecitaion Kerrec replies. "Mr. Foxglove embellishes my role in repelling the goblin raid I'm afraid. It was this whole community that came together to protect their loved ones, their homes and their businesses they have worked so hard to build. Abadar teaches us that when a community works together they prosper. There was no finer example of that than yesterday."


For Rullis:
Father Zanthus is very cordial and accepts your hospitality graciously.

"Darrin's brother didn't ask for any specific words and I'm not particularly familiar with Gozreh's teachings, but I'm sure you'll be able to find some appropriate passage. As for the service, the family wanted a small ceremony in the graveyard so we'll be holding it there today around noontime. I truly must be going to attend to the preparations, but if you'll meet me at the graveyard at 11 o clock or so, we can make ready." He moves as if to leave, but thinks twice about it and turns back to you, clasping a hand on your shoulder and looking you in the eyes as he speaks.

"Thank you Rullis; I know you've already attended more than your share of funerals in these past years, but this will mean a lot to the Welk family. To be honest if you and your companions hadn't acted as you did yesterday, I fear we would have lost a great many more... This town owes you a debt of gratitude, Rullis Stillman." With a weary smile and a final nod, Zanthus exits your hut.

For Kerrec and Camilo:
As the crowd begins to cheer at Kerrec's words, Foxglove stands from his barstool and makes his way towards you, "You are too modest Mighty Knight! Truly this town did rise up and strike down the goblin menace as one, but we could never have done so without such a brave leader! Even your little Bard here fought bravely! I simply must have you and your companions for dinner this very evening and I will not take no for an answer. I bid you to spread the word amongst your men that Aldern Foxglove will host them for a spectacular meal made by the beautiful Ameiko Kaijitsu," he pauses to give Ameiko a wink and a pearly white smile, "here at the Rusty Dragon Inn. I would like to see you at 6 o clock sharp!"


Though I'm spoilering the text for certain individuals as they're the only ones present, feel free to read other peoples' portions as it doesn't really matter at this point and these are things I'd be saying outloud at a table (just keep in mind what your character does and doesn't know). If something truly isn't meant for anyone else I'll post it like this:

For Rullis (Secret):
The high priest is an illusion!


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

"I will let them know about your offer if I happen to run into them. It will be up to them if they'd like to join us. I will be happy to accept your generous offer."


After watching Father Zanthus leave, Rullis stands there for a second in deep inner thought. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to say this afternoon. He returns to his breakfast, a meager bowl of oatmeal that he still had in his cabinets. When he is done eating, he heads down to the water's edge and sits in quiet prayer for about an hour before heading back home to figure out what he is going to say today at the Welk funeral. What an awful way to go, senselessly killed at the hands of those filthy little creatures.

With the sudden change in plans, Rullis will leave his gear at home for the time being. He digs out his best cleric robes and puts them on. But he does pull his harpy musk out of his bag and places it in his robe pocket, just in case those things show up again.

Once he is ready, he heads out to the town's graveyard where the funeral is supposed to be held and seeks out Father Zanthus.


As the funeral commences, Rullis stands patiently waits until it is time to move up and address those who have shown up today to honor Darrin. When Father Zanthus gestures to him, Rullis moves next to him and faces the guests. After a brief pause in mental preparedness, he looks up at the group that has gathered and begins his quickly prepared speech.

While I am not a relative or a close friend of Darrin, I was asked to speak to you today by the Welk family because Darrin and I did share at least one aspect of our lives. We both followed the winds and the waves. With this I am referring to our mutual respect for the mighty Gozreh, who watches over the weather and all living things. He who races the wind, tearing the clouds apart and sculpting them into islands and palaces for his pleasure. She who hides under the waves, plummeting to the crushing depths of the ocean, chasing whales and building grottoes only visible by the light of the glowing creatures that live there. He who is known to watch over the whole world through the eyes of beasts, whether on the wing or under the earth, flitting from the body of a solitary bear to the countless beating hearts of a flock of starlings. And she who senses the day and night through green plants and pale fungi, drinking deeply through the roots of the mighty oak or cling to a stone as the tiniest moss or lichen.

Many of you may have known my father, Drandon Stillman. He migrated here to Sandpoint before I was born and dedicated his life to the sea, providing Sandpoint with many of the local fish found in the markets. It was from my father that I learned to respect Gozreh and the sea. He prayed every morning, asking for calm seas and plentiful bounty. But like nature itself, Gozreh can be indifferent to the desires of mortals. One day when I was still a boy, the seas were not calm, the bounty was not plentiful, and life was not generous. A creature from the deep rammed our vessel, grabbing on to it with its tentacles. When the boat finally recovered, my father was gone. I have not seen my father since and can only presume that he has moved on to a better life. Five years ago, blackness overcame Sandpoint and my sister Bethe was brutally taken from my family. Then whether from grief or illness, most likely both, my mother passed away just 4 years later.

Standing before you today, I come to you with the deepest understanding of the pain that now sits within you. A deep pain that won't feel any relief for quite some time. Darrin was a good man, an honest hard-working man who still had many good years ahead of him. All he asked for was a good living and a strong wind to power the mill. And what he leaves behind is you, his loving family and friends who must pick up the pieces and move on. Therefore I say to you, Drink Deep, Think Fast! This phrase from the Gozreh church stems back to a day before civilization when we were simply hunters and gatherers. The presence of water and the ability to react to unexpected predators were both vital for survival. To the Gozreh faithful, this aphorism essentially means, gather your wits, be ready, and make the best of what you have. As hard as it seems now to do, this is my advise to you. You must gather your wits and make the best of what you still have. You still have each other and should lean on each other to regain the strength necessary to continue on. Darrin has moved on to his next life. He would not want to you grieve for long over his untimely passing.

Many of you are rightfully angry at the creatures who stormed this peaceful town and robbed you of your loved one. When the attack happened, I was there in the cathedral square fighting off these beasts who attacked our great town and saved at least one man's life. I wish I would have been able to save Darrin's life as well. When I joined the clergy, I had to take an oath. I swore to obey the Wind and Waves, come storm and salt, drought and flood, feather and scale, until the sky or sea claims my dead flesh. And now I will swear to you today. I have been looking for my life's calling since I gave up my father's fishing business and joined the church, and now I believe I have found that calling. I swear to you on all thing good, on the sea and on the sky, that I will seek out those responsible for the attack on Sandpoint. And to the best of my abilities, I will bring down those who ordered such an attack on this town that resulted in the unnecessary deaths of many of its residents, including the death of Darrin Welk. I will do this even if it means that my own flesh must be returned to the sea. For this, you have my promise.

After pausing again, Rullis turns to nod in a slight bow to Father Zanthus and returns to the location he was before, confident that he has made the right decision.


First of all, that sermon was seriously awesome.

Secondly, the events at the funeral are probably going to take place after the events at the Rusty Dragon and I know at least Ameiko and probably a few other of the regulars will be attending. Since we're paused on the Rusty Dragon's events until Camilo gets back I'm going to suggest we pause the funeral as well. We'll pick up after your sermon as soon as we figure everything else out. Thanks!


The sermon complete, the gravediggers begin to fill in the earth above Darrin's grave. Father Zanthus approaches you, Rullis, and gives you his heartfelt thanks for your words. After he moves away, you are approached by Darrin's brother, Kevik. He clasps your hand tightly, looks you in the eyes, and says, "Get those little monsters, Rullis. Make them pay."

Secret Rolls:
Rullis Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

As the proceedings continue, Rullis' eyes are drawn to a nearby grave that has also been recently filled in. Your first instinct is to pass it off as another victim of the goblin attack, but you also note that the tombstone for the grave is weathered and worn.


Taking Kevik's hand, Rullis responds, "I'll do everything I can." As his eyes are drawn to the other grave, he walks over and looks at the gravestone to see if he recognizes the name. Looking around, he locates Father Zanthus and approaches him. "Father, if I may have a moment of your time." Once they are alone, he asks, "Have any graves here been dug up recently?"


For Rullis:
As you draw near the recently covered grave, you realize that not only do you recognize the name of the man buried here, but that you attended his funeral five years ago - the inscription reads:

Quote:


EZAKIEN TOBYN
4654 - 4702

When you ask Father Zanthus about the grave, he gives you a grave look and replies, "Yes, actually... perhaps given your pledge to take care of these little monsters, you should know what we may be dealing with. I have a meeting with Sheriff Hemlock tomorrow morning. Perhaps you and your companions should join me and we will brief you on what we know. Until then, I can't speak on the matter; this is simply not the time or the place."


Having no reason to mistrust Father Zanthus, Rullis simply nods and says, "I understand. I will come find you tomorrow morning and join you." With the mention of companions, Rullis looks around to see if any of those fine folks he fought these monsters with yesterday are here. "And I'll see if I can find these companions to bring along." They seemed like fine and capable men. I could use their skills if I'm going to succeed in what I have promised.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

After finishing his meal and sharing a little small talk with Kithian, Vidar gets up and calls for Enok, once Enok has assumed his normal position on Vidars left shoulder he walks over to Garridan.

"Master Viskalai, if anyone comes seeking me during the day, please inform them that I shall be outside the town until noon, and then I shall encamp at old light for studies and they may find me there."

After that, Vidar grabs a notebook and heads out into the lands surrounding Sandpoint through the north gate, exploring the lands, making notes of nature, and generally just familiarising himself with the local flora and fauna.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec will go to the cathedral after the excitement at the Rusty Dragon that morning and then attend the funeral. If he sees any of the men he fought with the day before he'll inform them of the dinner invitation for that night.


Secret Rolls:
Kerrec Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

For Kerric:
Kerric also notices the recently covered grave and is privy to everything that Rullis was if he chooses to investigate. (just check his spoilers)


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Noticing the recently filled in grave, Kerrec quietly concentrates his Detect Evil on the area.


Closing your eyes and muttering a few holy words, you focusing your energy. When you open them again, you see the world around you has dimmed and all of nearby figures are emitting dull white and grey auras. Bright white light shines forth around Rullis and Father Zanthus, but the grave emits no aura.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47
Vidar Ekstrand wrote:
"Well now, this is a fine development wouldn't you say master Darlock? Free food and lodging, and all you had to do to earn it were to play a childhood game, quite auspicious, I wonder if our fellows fare as well where ever they may be now."

"Aye Vidar, if my clan knew of Sandpoint's generosity for killing goblins, the goblin race would be extinct and there would be a lot of drunken and fat clansmen lounging everywhere!"


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Finding no hint of evil in the area, Kerrec approaches Rullis after he is done speaking with Father Zantus. "You spoke well Rullis."

Nodding towards the old grave that had been recently filled. "Did you know that man? Would he have been buried with valuables that grave robbers woukld covet? It is dangerous to disturb the dead. Towns have been raised to the ground by such actions."


Turning to Kerrec as he approaches, "Thank you sir knight." Looking back at the grave, "Yes, I knew him. He was buried here just five years old. I pray that his soul is still at peace. When I was at his funeral, I didn't see any kind of valuables being added to his grave or coffin. Though I wasn't really looking for that. Father Zanthus indicated he knows more but is being quiet about it. We have a meeting with the sheriff tomorrow morning where he indicated he'd tell me more. You should join us. Whatever this is, we could probably use your knowledge and expertise."

When the conversation eventually turns to the dinner offer, "Sure, I'll be there and take him up on the offer. I could a good meal. Plus, I'd be interested in hearing what he knows about this goblin attack. The more I can learn, the better prepared I can be to strike back against those critters."

251 to 300 of 5,704 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.