Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


1 to 50 of 5,748 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It's the first day of autumn in Sandpoint, and there's a good turnout for the welcoming speeches of the annual Swallowtail Festival. The festival takes place in the square in front of the impressive new stone and glass cathedral (#1 on the map) built on the site of the previous chapel.

Mayor Kendra Deverin is the first speaker. Her enthusiasm and good humor is infectious, as she welcomes new visitors to Sandpoint and expresses her pleasure with the large turnout. She even singles out the local tanner, Larz Rovanky, to thank for pulling himself from his work, much to the amusement of the locals and to Larz's obvious embarrassment. She keeps her speech short before turning the podium over to Sheriff Belor Hemlock.

Sheriff Hemlock wastes little time on niceties. His gruff demeanor shines through, as he reminds the audience to be cautious around the bonfire in the evening. He also asks the audience to observe a moment of silence to honor those who lost their lives when Sandpoint's previous chapel burned to the ground five years ago.

Next to the podium is Cyrdak Drokkus. He revives the crowd with some humorous anecdotes and then describes the long process the town undertook to finance and build the new cathedral. Only a gifted storyteller could keep the crowd riveted through such a tale, and you're not surprised to find out he's the owner of the Sandpoint Theater (#23 on the map). At the conclusion of his speech, he invites everyone to attend the theater the next night for it's new production of "The Harpy's Curse". The role of Avisera the harpy queen will be played by the famous Magnimarian diva, Allishandra!

The final speaker is Father Abstalar Zantus. As he takes the podium, a few of the church's acolytes begin rolling a large covered wagon to the stage. Zantus praises Mayor Deverin's initiative to build the grand cathedral, which incorporates shrines to six deities - Desna, Sarenrae, Erastil, Gozreh, Abadar, and Shelyn - under one roof. (The previous chapel consisted of six separate buildings [one for each deity], connected by open-air walkways.) He then turns to the occasion of the Swallowtail festival. He tells the parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child who she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid. At that, Father Zantus and the acolytes pull back the cover of the wagon, releasing a swarm of beautiful swallowtail butterflies - the thousand children of Desna - to the delight and cheers of the crowd. For the rest of the day, the colors of the butterflies liven the square as they flutter around, often chased by children who never quite manage to catch them.

After the release of the swallowtails, lunch is served. The local taverns provide their best dishes to the festival-goers free of charge. Some of the locals who just made it back on the boats from Magnimar or Riddleport, or with the caravan that arrived this morning, are grateful to enjoy a familiar lobster chowder from the Hagfish or peppercorn venison from the White Deer, but most of the locals enjoy the exotic curry-spiced salmon from the Rusty Dragon.

through the afternoon, festival-goers enjoy all kinds of entertainment in the square. Several merchants have set up tents to display their crafts; jugglers, dancers, and musicians and other entertainers have cleared out spaces for themselves; and stands that provide games of skill are scattered about through the square. It's a wonderful day to socialize or people-watch, as it seems the whole town has turned out.

What are you doing?


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec's interest is piqued by this cathederal. He will attempt at some point to make his way over to Father Zantus and any Abadaran acolytes to strike up conversation about how the shrine burnt down and how it was rebuilt.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

After returning from a stroll around the nearby countryside, Vidar will spend some time sampling the various dishes served during lunch, he will inquire about the recipe for anything that strikes his fancy, especially the peppercorn venison.
He will then talk generally with some of the town’s people in an attempt to document the festival. He will alternate between talking and taking notes.

After talking to a few people and making some notes, he will return to the food, get a generous helping of the chowder and retreat to a somewhat secluded table to start going over his notes, and start writing it down in his journal.


Aftering listening to the presentations, Rullis gets in line for some of that spiced salmon. He is always interested in the exotic ways that you can prepare fish. After savorying his meal, he would head over to the new cathedral and walk through the new Gozreh wing. I'm assuming this wing would have an open air roof and a pool of water on the ground, typical of places of worship for Gozreh. After looking around a bit, he would kneel down and start chanting softly, a prayer to Gozreh.

Afterwords, he would rise and head back to the festival, taking in the sights and doing some people-watching. If he spots either Father Zantus or his religious mentor Ezakien Tobyn, he would approach them and thank them for their work on building this place of worship in Sandpoint. He would ask them about these rumors he has heard of magical protections against fire being placed on the building. More out of idle chit-chat than a true desire to know.

Those that see Rullis will see a rugged looking man walking around with long black hair that is bound together behind his shoulders with what looks like a piece of seaweed. A wooden carving of a leaf that is colored green hangs from his neck.


Male Human Court bard 1

Did I miss the link to the Map?

Camilo wanders about from entertainer to entertainer, enjoying the shows. However he is struggling with the decision on when to so see Ameiko. After a long battle, he decides to wait a bit long, and Heads somewhere he can aquire a mug of ale (besides the rusty dragon).


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian stand in the crowd and listens to the speakers, Theses town folk talk more than a shaman after “Entering the Spirit World”. I hope they shut up soon, my throat is dry and somewhere there is a cask of ale that is just asking to be drank.
After the ceremony, Kithian gets a large helping of venison and a mug of ale and sits down to ravage his plate.


Camilo wrote:
Did I miss the link to the Map?

Map is on page 2 of the Player's Guide.


Kerric:
Father Zantus wears a wooden butterfly idol on a roughly braided string necklace, indicating his devotion to Desna, and wears a silk traveling cap that is so popular with her followers. He greets you warmly, "Ah, it's so good to get visitors active in their church. I hope you will enjoy our Shrine to Abadar. Brother Farris had a lot of wonderful input, and indeed, he was instrumental in getting funding for the cathedral from the merchants of Sandpoint. He's a true asset to our church."

"The fire that consumed the chapel five years ago was a devastating loss. I was just an acolyte, then. We lost a wonderful church leader, Father Tobyn in the fire. It spread to the White Deer Inn and the old North Coast Stables, and even a few homes, but Father Tobyn and his daughter were the only casualties. The White Deer Inn has since been rebuilt, and the stables were finally converted into a map library recently, and the houses had been repaired long ago. When we consecrate the new cathedral tonight, Sandpoint will finally be able to close the chapter on such an awful blight on our history."

Father Zantus calls over Brother Farris. All the acolytes are dressed in similar robes, but details such as the color of the trim and the holy symbols worn around their neck distinguishes each. Brother Farris wears the same white robe, but with gold trim, and wears a gold key on a gold chain around his neck. He appears to be in his mid-to-late 20s. Brother Farris is excited to meet a fellow missionary, and leads you to see the Shrine of Abadar. The Shrine of Abadar shares the south wing of the cathedral with the Shrine of Erastil, the two shrines of civilization overlooking the community they serve. The focal point is a beautiful life-size marble statue of Abadar, gilded with a golded breastplate, boots, and crossbow. Another fine detail is a large brass plaque that names all of the businesses and merchants who donated (or "invested", as Brother Farris describes it) to the building of the cathedral.

Rullis:
Sorry. I thought it would have been in the player's guide that Father Tobyn and his daughter died in the fire that consumed the prior chapel.

The Shrine to Gozreh shares the West wing with the Shrine to Shelyn. It features a beautiful view of the sea to the west and has the open roof and a reflecting pool. There are also a pair of wood-carved murals depicting both aspects of Gozreh - the woman of the sea, and the old man of the storm.

Father Zantus wears a wooden butterfly idol on a roughly braided string necklace, indicating his devotion to Desna, and wears a silk traveling cap that is so popular with her followers. He sees you exit the cathedral. "Rullis! So good to see you! I hope the Shrine to Gozreh meets your expectations."

"I've heard that rumor, myself. No, we haven't included any magical protections against fire. The stone and glass construction should ensure that the cathedral is never as devastated as the chapel was, if the worst happens. Of course, the contents of the cathedral are vulnerable, but the acolytes know to be especially vigilant, and to extinguish all candles at the end of each day."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3
DM Noone wrote:
** spoiler omitted **...

Kerrec::
"Aye Farris, The Master must be pleased having so many homes of worship to the Gods under one roof. Worshippers working closely together will only aid this community in its goals for prosperity."

Kerrec takes out five gold pieces from a small bag hanging from his waste. "A small investment to the further works of the temple. I feel fortunate that my travels brought me here for such an important occassion. I had just settled a land dispute a few days ride from here and longed to see a community again. I hope I can be of help to the Banker while I'm here. I am at your service whenever you feel the need. I came to Sandpoint in the hopes I can be of some use."


Noone:
Just re-read: "...and left the local priest dead." Of course, that would be Tobyn. Just doesn't call out his name explicitly. Just one more death of someone close to Rullis resting heavy on his heart, only a month after his sister was killed.

While in the shrine, Rullis' prayer includes remembrance of his lost mentor and his daughter.

Outside talking with Father Zantus, "The shrine is wonderful. I only wish that Father Tobyn could have been here today to see it. He will be sorely missed."

"Yes, the construction seems sound. It should hold up well. But alas, the building is just a building. It is the people inside that are important. As long as a fire cannot spread quickly, everyone should be able to get out with minimal harm. Speaking of which, did they ever figure out how the original fire was started in the first place? I've heard wild rumors down at the docks, but never anything official."


Rullis:
"I hadn't heard those rumors. To my knowledge, Sheriff Hemlock has never wavered from his determination that it was an accident."


After some more idle chit-chat about family and such with Father Zantus, Rullis thanks him for his time and heads back towards the festival to see what else is going on. Doing some people-watching and watching what is going on around him, he briefly takes in the some of the entertainment. Look at these people. Some of them are completely oblivious to their surrounding, as if they are captivated by these jugglers and musicians.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 -- He doesn't notice anything of interest.

The game can't just be a dialog between Rullis and the GM, so moving along...


Kerrec:
Brother Farris thanks you for your investment in the community, and walks with you back out to the square. "I'm glad that you'll be staying with us a few days. We must get together another time before you go!" He shakes your hand, and excuses himself to talk with a well-dressed merchant who was trying to catch his attention.

The sun is beginning to set. Father Zantus approaches the stage to begin the consecration of the cathedral. Where is everyone on this map?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian will be sitting at the table located at J8 facing the stage.
Kithian continues to eat his venison and watch the dedication.
Just great, more talk. I wonder if there will be dancing girls later?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

B-2 Seems like a nice out-of-the-way table where Vidar might sit in relative solitude to write in his journal

Having finished his meal and now proof reading his notes Vidar is not really paying much attention to what is going on, far too busy trying to put everything in perspective.


Male Human Court bard 1

I'll be at N9

Camilo Visits a Flower stand, attempting to get a gift before he prepares to head to the rusty Dragon


I would be interested in listening to what Father Zantus has to say and in the consecration of the cathedral. I would probably be standing off to the left side of the stage where I can see all the events going on but still be out of the main crowd and can see everyone.

Place Rullis at P1


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Unfortunately my work blocks Photobucket so I won't be able to see the map until this evening. I'd probably be just emerging from the cathedarl so anywhere a couple squares outside the cathedral door will suffice.


@Jim, I'm not married to photobucket, so if your work allows access to any other free pic-sharing site (flikr, picasa, etc) let me know. I'll see if I can post it there instead. At worst, would you be able to print it at home, and then update each round from our posts?

@all, I imagine the front door of the cathedral is facing north on the Sandpoint map, and the square is the open area to the west. My map is the square, minus the triangular part at the northeast corner that turns into the road towards the front of the cathedral. I'm going to place Kerrec at R1, since he's coming back from the front of the cathedral.

The new bells of the cathedral rings over the excited crowd, as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under the stage to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises—high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump.
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You be food!

Two goblins, with ugly knives made of junk metal, wade into the crowd at K1 & L1 swinging at anyone in reach.

Rullis & Kerrec Perception DC 12:
You saw the small figure of a third goblin run through the legs of the crowd and under the stage. After dispatching the dog, he licks the blood from his blade - a sharp piece of scrap metal tied to a piece of wood - and scans the panicking crowd for his next target. He's beneath the stage at T4. The stage is 4 ft off the ground, so crawling under it for a medium sized creature is possible, but you'd take a -4 penalty to both attack rolls and to AC.

If either Rullis or Kerric make their perception check, they can act in the surprise round. The crowd is panicked and scattering. In the surprise round and round 1, moving is at half speed to get through the crowd. Round 2 is regular movement, but it's still too crowded to use a ranged weapon (well, you could, but the goblins would have degrees of cover, and a miss could potentially hit an innocent festival-goer, and you probably wouldn't want that :) Round 3, the crowd has dispersed enough that they don't restrict melee or ranged combat.

Surprise round map

Everyone, roll initiative.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Initiative= 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Male Human Court bard 1

Camilo is caught by suprise by the sudden movement of the crowd..

"Goblins!? What has this town come to..."

Initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Perception: 1d20+5 &#8594; [11,5] = (16)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2761017/

Initiative: 1d20+2 &#8594; [4,2] = (6) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2761018/

Seeing that his crossbow would be of limited use, Kerrec takes his dagger out and moves towards the stage without saying a word.


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Close, but no go.


Surprise round initiative:
G2: 18
G3: 16
G1: 13
Kerrec: 6

As the crowd scatters, one of the goblins (G2) picks out a garishly dressed dancer and chases him down. He leaps up to swing at the retreating man, stabbing him in the back. He crashes to the ground limp. G2 is now at M3.

The goblin hiding under the stage (G3) rushes out at a well-dressed woman with her daughter. The mother pulls her daughter back and squares herself to the goblin. Clearly no fighter, the mother simply tries to make herself the target. The goblin obliges, swinging his bloody dogslicer at the mother, but the woman jumps back just in time. G3 is now at Q4.

Another goblin (G1) jumps up on a table in front of a couple that was slow to react. As he draws back his knife to strike the man, he notices the turkey leg that the diner dropped on the table. The turkey leg proves too tempting, and the couple run off while the goblin picks up a snack. G1 is now on top of the table at J2.

Kerrec is up next. The closest goblin to Kerrec is G3, close enough that Kerrec can move to him and attack in the surprise round.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

"Striking at a woman holding her child!"

Calling on the divine energies of Abadar (activating Smite Evil), Kerrec stabs at G3 with his dagger.

Attack: 1d20+4 &#8594; [16,4] = (20) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2761221/

Damage: 1d4+1 &#8594; [3,1] = (4) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2761223/


The goblin turns to see Kerrec bearing down on him, dagger in hand. Kerrec drives the blade into the goblin's shoulder, eliciting a pained shriek from the monster. But he fixes his eyes at the paladin and growls.

The woman wastes no time. She grabs her daughter and runs.

We just need Vidar's initiative, and we'll start round 1 tomorrow. I'd like to post in order of initiative, to keep it simple.

Map for round 1


Suddenly finding himself standing in the center of all the chaos and seeing one of the critters towards his right stab one of the entertainers in back and another towards his left swinging a blade at a mother and child, Rullis says to himself Please Gozreh, no more death! There has been enough death here already!

His slight pause of self-pity is interrupted by a man off to his left drawing a blade of his own and charging at one of the creatures, sinking his blade into the beast. This shakes him out of his inaction and he draws his own blade, his trusty fishing knife. I must save that man!

Rullis pushes his way through the crowd to get to the fallen man. Move 10 feet to N2. He lunges for the goblin with his blade.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

EDIT: Possible Crit:
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Oh, what now? Goblins...this is unexpected..."

Deciding to hold of with the questions until the chaos is dealt with Vidar stands up and prepears for battle.

Sorry about the delay, I had a few things I had to do today or I would have posted earlier. Well, I'll be ready for round 1 when it begins


Initiative order:
Rullis: 20
G2: 18
Kithian: 17
G3: 16
Camilo: 14
G1: 13
Vidar: 9
Kerrec: 6

Round 1

Rullis breaks free of the crowd. The goblin, looking for another target, sees him coming and smiles, confident after his kill. But Rullis lunges for him and before he could even move, Rullis's fishing knife lodges in his throat and everything goes black.

G2 is dead from the crit. Kithian is up (by the way, can you put Kithian's speed in his profile?)


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47
DM Noone wrote:
Kithian is up (by the way, can you put Kithian's speed in his profile?)

It is under the offense tab. 30 in Medium Armor.

If still under movement restrictions:
Kithian pulls his Falchion from its sheath and advances on the nearest goblin.

Move to M5 (to far away with the double movement penalty to attack)


Kithian Darlok wrote:
It is under the offense tab. 30 in Medium Armor.

Sorry, I guess I just missed it.

DM rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The goblin facing Kerrec swings with his dogslicer but Kerrec dodges the ugly blade.

Camilo is up.


Kithian Darlok wrote:
It is under the offense tab. 30 in Medium Armor.

Sorry, I guess I just missed it. Thanks.

DM rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The goblin facing Kerric slices at him, finding a weakness in his armor.
Kerrec takes 3 points of damage.

Camilo is up.


Male Human Court bard 1

"Vile little things, the Stories ARE true about them..."Camilo thinks to Himself as he Draws his bow and Fires

Round 1 actions:

Move action to Draw bow, Attacking Closest goblin, I think g3 is still alive?

atk(with point blank shot)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
dmg
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Camilo Duin wrote:

"Vile little things, the Stories ARE true about them..."Camilo thinks to Himself as he Draws his bow and Fires

The crowd is still pretty thick with panicked festival-goers. The goblins pretty much have 100% cover from the crowd. I'll repost the activity of the crowd, as it was several posts ago, now: The crowd is panicked and scattering. In the surprise round and round 1, moving is at half speed to get through the crowd. Round 2 is regular movement, but it's still too crowded to use a ranged weapon (well, you could, but the goblins would have degrees of cover, and a miss could potentially hit an innocent festival-goer, and you probably wouldn't want that :) Round 3, the crowd has dispersed enough that they don't restrict melee or ranged combat.


Male Human Court bard 1

Sorry, I read that yesterday, must have still been half asleep this morning. I'll update

Vile little things, the Stories ARE true about them..."Camilo thinks to Himself as he Draws Sword and Advances on the Goblin

Roudn one updated:

I'll draw my Long sword as a Move action, then take a 2nd move action to flank the Goblin with Kerrec


Camilo Duin wrote:
I'll draw my Long sword as a Move action, then take a 2nd move action to flank the Goblin with Kerrec

You'd be able to move 15' (each square is 5') through the crowd in this round. Can I put you at O5 - the closest you can get? Let me know if you have another move in mind. I don't think it'd affect the last goblin or Vidar, so I'll go ahead and let them move.

The goblin on the table finishes his turkey leg and hops down. He seems to appreciate the vast selection of food left behind on the tables, and he begins to leisurely look them over, taking selective bites here and there. He makes his way to G3. Vidar is up.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Wretched little brutes..."
Vidar moves over to stand near the Goblin, moving to F-2


All Goblins before him have moved, so when Rullis is up...

Withdrawing his knife from the creature's throat, he gives it a quick wipe against the side of the goblin before pushing the thing aside. His attention is now completely focused on the entertainer that fell at that hands of that foul critter.

While sheathing his fishing knife, he kneels down before the man who is lying on his stomach with a knife wound in his back. He places one hand near the injury site while the other hand grasps a hold of the wooden leaf hanging from his neck. Rullis begins chanting softly.

Convert "Summon Monster I" spell to "Cure Light Wounds".

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human Court bard 1
DM Noone wrote:
Camilo Duin wrote:
I'll draw my Long sword as a Move action, then take a 2nd move action to flank the Goblin with Kerrec

You'd be able to move 15' (each square is 5') through the crowd in this round. Can I put you at O5 - the closest you can get? Let me know if you have another move in mind. I don't think it'd affect the last goblin or Vidar, so I'll go ahead and let them move.

The goblin on the table finishes his turkey leg and hops down. He seems to appreciate the vast selection of food left behind on the tables, and he begins to leisurely look them over, taking selective bites here and there. He makes his way to G3. Vidar is up.

That works :-)


Kerrec is up.

@all: I'm probably going to be sparse today and tomorrow (work today, home babysitting tomorrow).


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec sees a man with a sword coming towards him and the goblin, hoping the stranger is not with the bad guys.

With Smite still on he'll stab at G3 again.

Attack: 1d20+4 [12,4] = (16) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2765903/

Damage: 1d4+1 [4,1] = (5)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2765904/


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

With Rullis healing the downed man and G2 dead already I guess it's Kithian is up?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian advances on the remaining goblin and swings his falchion. "Fight me!
Power attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3) + 9 = 13


Kerrec stabs again at the goblin. The wound spurts blood as Kerrec withdraws his dagger. The goblin falls.

Map for round 2

Round 2 Normal movement, but still too many people to fire ranged weapons

Rullis channels the power of Gozreh into the dying dancer. He awakens with a start and pulls himself onto his knees, gasping and choking. "What? How? Ugh!" He wipes blood from his mouth with his sleeve. He then remembers his surroundings and looks quickly to and fro for another threat. He sees Rullis instead: "Did you do this, sir?" He bows, still on the ground. "Thank you! Thank you, sir!" He rises and stands in one motion, then scans for threats again. With a last nod of the head to Rullis, he turns and runs off.

Kithian also scans the square for threats. He sees a final goblin among the tables, and rushes through the aisle to cut him off. I have you moving to F4. He rounds the double long table, swinging his falchion in a wide arc, but he swings over the head of the surprised goblin, cutting into the table.

Camilo is up.


Male Human Court bard 1

well, thats 2 down, one to go.thinks Camilo.

Keeping his blade brawn, he looks around for an other signs of Goblins.. There has got to be more than 3..

Perception check
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Holding my action.


Goblin rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The goblin among the tables (G1) looks at the massive blade that just whizzed over his head. He then narrows his eyes, comes around the corner to face the barbarian and slices through the air with his own misshapen blade.

G1 takes a 5-ft step to F3. Vidar is up.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Well now, walking into a flanking? Not the greatest tacticians are they these golbins?" Vidar Remarks to the massive man on the other side of the goblin before thrusting with his dagger.

Attacking G1
Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


With Kerrec far away and no ranged attacks in Round 2, here's my move for Round 3...(assuming no new goblins stampede in)

As the man begins to regain consciousness, Rullis speaks softly to him, "You are going to be okay." Seeing the man start to get up under his own power, he immediately scans the area around him for additional threats. His first glance is towards the one he saw earlier by the stage. That guy got him! Good! He then scans the rest of the square and easily spots the other one. With everyone running from them, they should be easy to find. He spots the goblin jumping off a table between that tall mostly-human looking strong man wielding a sword and another tall man with a long beard holding a dagger. Why haven't these two fled with the rest of them? I must not let those things hurt anyone else. He stands and immediately moves to where he can be effective. Move towards H3.

Seeing the creature still alive, he draws upon Gozreh to deliver an arc of electricity at the creature from his outstretched hand.

Lightning Arc, Ranged Touch Attack with Precise Shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Electricity Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Grunting in frustration, Kithian swings his sword at the goblin.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 3) + 9 = 16


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks down at the fallen goblin in disgust and then tries to catch the eye of the swordsman (Camilo) who was making his way towards him and the goblin. He'll motion with his head toward the final goblin surrounded by two other men, signalling his plans to aid them. He'll then quietly make his way there.

Kerrec will double move towards G1.

1 to 50 of 5,748 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.