Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carbide's Kingmaker IC

Game Master John Woodford

Kingmaker AP Part 1: Stolen Land (completed)
Kingmaker AP Part 2: Rivers Run Red

COMBAT MAP


1,601 to 1,650 of 2,982 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Female Human Paladin 4

Hope you don't mind me being a little liberal with the post order.
Laughing at Adam's comment, Bea adds, "Adam, I'm sure every human girl past eight seems like a woman to you. She's no more than a child - what in the world is she doing out here alone? I don't think she even speaks common." Still, she smiles warmly and helps the girl to her feet.

Sabrina wrote:
And then after a slight pause, she realizes that her vision had come to a completion, and excitedly yells "Bea!"

Bea stops for a moment, surprised. "My name's Beatrix...my friends call me Bea, but I don't think I know you."

Bea doesn't speak sylvan, so most of what you've been saying is gibberish.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3
Bea wrote:
Bea doesn't speak sylvan, so most of what you've been saying is gibberish.

That was the intended reception. :)

Bea wrote:

Bea stops for a moment, surprised. "My name's Beatrix...my friends call me Bea, but I don't think I know you."

"I know you! I know you! Sabrina repeats in the common tongue, leaving those listening to guess whether she understands the meaning or is just copying Bea's words.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Bea:
While you have never seen her before, she nevertheless looks vaguely familiar.


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

A look of shock covers Jacyn's face when the girl breaks the wagon and falls. While he would normally be concerned for any injury, the way she jumps up quickly makes it evident the biggest injury she might have now is to her pride. He sits back and watches, bemused, at the exchange between Bea, the girl, and Adam.

When Oleg moves closer he draws the shopkeep's attention, saying, "I hope Svetlana won't be too upset at her for breaking the axle. She worked awful hard on that yesterday."


Kingmaker Sheet

Welcome to the game Sabrina

Katya's eyes snap open with irritation as the sudden snap of the axle breaks her concentration of preparing a spell to help Havrin and Jacyn with their items. Standing from her seated position at the bench and snapping her spellbook closed, she stands up and slides the book into her robes. Her eyes turn towards the direction of the sound and she finds Bea standing over a young girl speaking in a strange tongue that she can't quite make out from her distance.

Stepping towards Bea, Katya looks down at the girl as she catches a short Sylvan phrase from the girls lips. Katya sees the confusion in Bea's face and guesses that language is a barrier, so she stares directly at Sabrina and asks in fluent Sylvan, "Who are you girl? A thief? What is your business here?"

Her tongue works around the under used syllables awkwardly at first but her lessons kick in quickly towards the end as she remembers the inflections of Sylvan trained into her.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3
Katya Volkv wrote:
"Who are you girl? A thief?"

On instinct, Sabrina moves to hide behind Beatrix. "I'm not a thief." she exclaims in Sylvan. "I hunt for my own food she continues."

After some back and forth with Katya, Sabrina comes to realize that in the civilized world theives steal more than just food. And then she takes on an ashamed face. "Sorry" she says in the common tongue. Then dropping into Sylvan again she explains, "I just wanted to see what was so shiny up there", pointing to the wagon. "I wasn't going to steal anything." Then she finishes in common with "I promise," as she looks around looking for a sign of forgiveness

Katya Volkv wrote:
"What is your business here?"

"Father told me to come here." Then looking up at Beatrix, she continues, "Bea is going to teach me how to be a part of a community."


Female Human Paladin 4

Just a suggestion - you may want to put speech in other languages in a spoiler just for clarification - makes it easier for the rest of us to filter out what our characters can and can't understand.

At first she's grateful that Katya's able to communicate, but Bea's confusion deepens as the two go back and forth in a tongue so foreign to her, especially since the girl has put her directly in the middle by hiding behind her.

Sabrina wrote:


"Father told me to come here." Then looking up at Beatrix, she continues, "Bea is going to teach me how to be a part of a community."

Beatrix does a double take at this. "I'm gonna what? Katya, what's going on here? Is this some kind of joke? Who is this girl?"


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam chuckles.

"I had no idea, Bea, that you were a queen of social graces. But, even if you are not the adept teacher that she hopes you would be, it shall certainly be entertaining to watch you try."

Grand Lodge

M Human Mage/Fighter/ 13/4
Adam Burlevogne wrote:

Adam chuckles.

"I had no idea, Bea, that you were a queen of social graces. But, even if you are not the adept teacher that she hopes you would be, it shall certainly be entertaining to watch you try."

dot!


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

Jacyn chuckles softly at Adam's joke before calling over to the group of women, "Perhaps one of you could reach up there and grab whatever it was she was reaching for, before she decides to go climbing again and breaks something else or actually hurts herself."


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

As if just remembering something important, Sabrina turns away from the converation and peals back part of the elk hide covering her left shin. She rubs two fingers in the opening and pulls them back out dripping with blood.

With a shrug she pull out her long bow and pulls the string as if shooting an arrow that's not there. As she releases the bow string, the area fills with a hint of warmth.

Channel Positive Energy
1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Human Paladin 4

Bea's eyes widen a bit as she sees Sabrina's wounds heal, then she reaches up and pulls the brass knob down, handing it to the girl. "Here, go sit over there and play with this for a minute." She lowers her voice as she continues. "Please someone tell me what's going on here. It seems she's taken some sort of liking to me, but we've got a job to do, and I hardly have the time to babysit some teenage girl. Where did she even come from?"


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

While Sabrina has long lost interest in the knob, she eagerly follows Bea's command, assuming it must be part of what she came here to learn. Although it's clear that now that she has it in her hands it's not near as interesting as she imagined.


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

"Perhaps you should ask her who her 'father' is. She said he told her to come here, right? Maybe he knows you."


Female Human Paladin 4

Bea shakes her head and sighs deeply. This is a nightmare! She looks over at the girl again. "Hey, you, uh...kid! What's your name? Who are your parents?"


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Sabrina looks visibly excited as she hops up off the bench she was sitting on and announces, "I'm Sabrina!"

Continuing under her breath you can hear her ask herself in the common tongue, "What are parents..?"

Then as if she remembered something long forgotten she responds,

Min far er den store Stag. Kjenner du ham?:
"My father's the Great Stag. Do you know him?"


Female Human Paladin 4

Sabrina the teenage witch?

Bea looks blankly at her for a moment, then turns to Katya expectantly.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3
Bea wrote:

Sabrina the teenage witch?

Bea looks blankly at her for a moment, then turns to Katya expectantly.

Haha I never thought of that...

Sabrina looks at Beatrix puzzled by her blank stare. Then she repeats herself in common, "The Great Stag. Do you know him?"


Weakly Godlike Entity

Sabrina:
You notice that Bea's cloak clasp is made from a piece of elk antler with the outline of a bow on it; the outline seems to be part of the antler itself, not just drawn on.

Dice rolls:
Sabrina Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Before Beatrix has a chance to respond, Sabrina tugs at the clasp on her cloak. "He guides you too, I see it now," Sabrina says in perfect common as all the side conversations sink in and bring her to the realization that she can and should speak with the same tongue.


Female Human Paladin 4

Bea's mouth hangs open for a moment as the realization sinks in. Oh, what have I done... Her legs lose their strength and she falls to her knees clumsily, as if she lost her balance. She swallows hard and manages a weak smile. "Well Sabrina, it appears you are to be my ward."


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam raises an eyebrow. "Well, at least we got all that sorted out. Don't think this will take you away from bodyguard duties."


Kingmaker Sheet

Katya opens her mouth to respond to Bea just as Sabrina jumps her voice forward and gives an explanation to Bea. She raises an eyebrow as Bea falls to her knees and agrees to be the girls ward, at which point Katya speaks up, "Wait... Just wait a moment, you mean to have this girl join in our exploration of the land?"

Looking up towards the rest of the group standing near, "No one else thinks this is a bad idea?"


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

"I agree with Katya. These wilds are no place for a young girl. Perhaps she should stay here whenever we go out."


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

As she listens to the others discuss what to do with her, Sabrina seems enchanted, the conversation memorizing her as a wild vista might awe a city dweller. And then she giggles as she realizes this was part of what been missing in her life.


Female Human Paladin 4

Bea considered a moment looking back and forth between Sabrina and the other party members. "Normally I'd think the same thing.". With a swift move, she draws her dagger and slices a large gash across the palm of her left hand. She holds out her bloody hand to the girl.

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Weakly Godlike Entity

It'll be after Sabrina reacts to Bea that Oleg and Svetlana will appear. He looks a bit askance at the spectacle in the yard, while Svetlana bustles over to check--first on the girl ("Where did you come from? Who are you traveling with?"), then on the cart. "What happened here? Good thing it was too dark last night for me to put in the new axle--" She glares at Sabrina, but her heart clearly isn't in it. "--or I'd be really angry."


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3
Bea wrote:

Bea considered a moment looking back and forth between Sabrina and the other party members. "Normally I'd think the same thing.". With a swift move, she draws her dagger and slices a large gash across the palm of her left hand. She holds out her bloody hand to the girl.

1d4+3

Sabrina watches as Bea cuts herself...

Is this part of being in a community too... I don't think I like having to cut myself.

Just as everyone is about to lose interest in Beatrix's experiment, Sabrina speaks, "Father says, you know better than to test him like this. But he understands its purpose."

Then Sabrina grasps her longbow as if using it to focus and lays a hand on Bea's cut, washing it away with positive energy.

Spontaneous Cure Light Wounds (Murderous Command)
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Human Paladin 4

"From the looks of things, this girl's been raised in the wild, and ain't exactly helpless. I 'spect she's some kind of druid, given she's a healer. She's got no idea about the ways of men - what do you think happens when the only lady that ain't married to Oleg gets left here alone with all the soldiers and workers? No offense to you men present but I've lived enough years in a soldiers' barracks to know how it works. No, she comes with us. And don't worry Adam, I wouldn't dream of forgetting about my duties to you." She gives Adam a wry smile and a wink, "just like I'd never forget about my unpaid wages."

She turns and speaks quietly to Sabrina. "Thank you - I'm sorry for making you do that."


Weakly Godlike Entity

Sabrina:
Even though you've been living in this area for most of your life, you don't really have an internal map of the Stolen Lands. You know locations in terms of the path(s) you'd follow to get there from other locations, but the concept of a map is as yet foreign to you. On the other hand, there's a 50% chance per hex that your knowledge of the area will be enough to take a day off of the time to explore it. Does that sound reasonable to you?


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3
DM Carbide wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Sounds good.


Male Human Ranger 3

Holy cow! Where did the week go? Welcome, Sabrina!

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

From his perch on the trading post's watchtower near the gate, Havrin silently watches the scene in the yard unfold between his companions and the newcomer. His eyes widen in surprise when he hears the young woman announce that her father is the Great Stag, Erastil. The stoic ranger makes his way down the ladder and joins the group in time to see Sabrina heal Bea's hand and to hear the paladin insist that the girl will be joining the group's explorations.

"I agree with Bea," Havrin's deep voice rumbles. "If Ol' Deadeye has sent His daughter to aid us, we would be foolish indeed to turn her away," the ranger says, bowing deeply to Sabrina.


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

Jacyn does not appear to be happy with the turn of events, but says with a reisnged sigh, "Well, I guess we coule use someone with some kind of healing ability now that Simn has left."

We might need to figure outa new riding order, depending on if Sabrina can/does ride her own horse.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Sabrina stares blankly at Havrin as he introduces himself as she's having an internal debate on how to respond....

Then after an awkward moment of stillness, Sabrina bows back to Havrin, trying her best to exactly match his form.

"I hope I did that right."

Sabrina has never rode a mount, but the concept is not foreign to her. With that said, she's poor at it and her armor doesn't help.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Svetlana nods knowingly at Bea. "Those three that came with Captain Garess are good boys, but even good boys get...lonely. Best you not stay around here too long."


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

Jacyn looks about, trying to see if any of the guards, Garress' men or otherwise, have been leering at Sabrina. While Sabrina is all but a stranger to the half-elf, he isn't above making an example of any man who may try to act on his loneliness.

Responding to Svetlana, he says, "I would certainly hope none of these fine men would resort to that sort of thing." He closes the distance between himself and the woman and continues in a hushed tone, "But if you hear of anything of the sort even being discussed, please let me know."


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Again, Sabrina takes on a blank stare as she listens to the conversations about lonely boys.

"What's wrong with lonely boys? I don't mind being their friend. Being lonely, I would think that they could use some friendship most of all. And father said to listen to Bea and she never said it was a bad idea to be their friend."


Female Human Paladin 4

Bea nods solemnly. "I'm glad you understand. Sabrina, these are my friends, Jacyn, Havrin, Adam, and Katya. You can trust them. Oleg and Svetlana over there live here in this fort, and will treat you kindly. Havrin also knows...your father - probably better than I do. We probably shouldn't linger here much longer, and should depart in the marrow or following day at the latest. Katya, why don't you talk to Adam and decide on a destination?" She approaches Svetlana and hands her a pile of 10 gold coins. "Do you have any clothes that would be more suitable for the girl? That should at least cover a few outfits." Turning to Oleg, she continues, "Have you found anyone to head to the abandoned temple? How much will you need for building supplies for a simple cabin?"


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

"Does the girl at least have her own mount? I know I don't have one, but I'm making do without a smaller mount. The girl will need one if she's to travel with us."

Adam says, keeping a wary eye on Sabrina as he looks over the map he's drawn so far.


Female Human Paladin 4

"I doubt it, but we can get another from Oleg. She looks at least big enough to handle her own horse - Jacyn, could you spend tomorrow teaching her how to ride? Please, as a favor for me?"


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Somebody is taking ride next level...

Sabrina eagerly follows Beatrix around soaking in the knowledge the Paladin of Erastil shares, intentionally or not.

Inner monologue
"Why did she use that box? It's hot a smelly in there. I'm sure she would be more comfortable going under a shady tree..."


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

"Yea, that shouldn't be a problem. We can get started whenever you are ready, Sabrina." Jacyn says with a smile. Turning to address Adam's concerns, he suggests, "If there is no spare mount for her now, then perhaps she can ride second saddle with someone. Simn was riding with me, but since Sabrina is much taller than Simn was, she might weigh too much to ride with me. My armor adds a good amount of weight after all. Besides, it would probably be better if no one rode with me unless it's unavoidable. I do go charging headlong into messy situations at times."


Weakly Godlike Entity

Oleg and Svetlana do, indeed, have a horse that Sabrina can use.


Female Human Paladin 4

Carbide, can Oleg and Svetlana answer my previous questions?


Weakly Godlike Entity

Bea, Svetlana shakes her head at the offer. "Don't you worry--I have some clothes that she can use." The older woman takes Sabrina into the house, away from prying male eyes.

Oleg replies, "How about thirty gold for tools and fittings? They'll use wood from the forest around the shrine, so at least you won't have to pay for lumber."


Female Human Paladin 4

Bea nods at Oleg. "Done. And here's something to cover the clothes for the girl - just don't tell Svetlana I gave it to you."

She hands over 40 gold to Oleg.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Oleg takes it with a grimace. "She'll figure it out, you know. She keeps the books. But thank you."


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

While everyone is getting their last purchases, Adam senses another foray into the wilderness soon, so he makes the best of his situation and pulls out his lute for another impromptu performance. This time of "The Stag Lord's Hunt", in a gesture of either irony or respect for the evening's events.

Perform
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Assuming that the patrons are attracted to the song, and have either an appreciation of the arts or a kindness to forebear:

1d6 ⇒ 1 gp.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Perform:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sabrina gets wrapped up in Adam's song and begins whistling along with more joy than talent.

Noticing that others are dropping coins in a hat nearby, Sabrina does the same. Putting in a gold piece without a clear understand why.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Adam, you're able to get that amount of coin, plus what Sabrina puts in.

Sabrina apparently learned music appreciation from grigs, without having their natural musical abilities.

The next day, Jacyn spends some time showing Sabrina how to sit a horse. At least the mount that the Levetons had on hand is well-behaved.

1,601 to 1,650 of 2,982 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Kingmaker IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.