Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


7,551 to 7,600 of 10,990 << first < prev | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | next > last >>

Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Understood.

Maddok chants and calls on the spirits for aid again.

Shoanti wrote:
"Spirits of the night sky - where only stars and dreams dare tread. Maddok of the Hawk Clan calls upon you. Send your servants on dark wings to aid us in our time of need."

Summoning Monster 2/5 - two celestial dire bats

A pair of monstrous bats with shining silver eyes appear in the air above a few feet ahead of the party. ~the 19 and 20 columns.

Shoanti wrote:
"Sisters, a deadly foe stalks us from above. Point him or her out so that they can be revealed!"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario curses as he bleeds profusely.

"Damn campers."

Appario draws a potion of CSW and drinks it. 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 5 = 14 healing

Appario will 5' step in front of Yahirma.

Appario's Quick Stats:

AC 25, touch 16, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +2 shield, +2 deflection, +1 dodge)
hp 36/70
Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +9

Lay on Hands: 3d6 healing (0/5 used)
Smite Evil (+2 to hit, +2 AC, +7 damage) 3/day
Divine Bond 7/min day.

Spells:
lvl 1: Hero's Defiance, Bless Weapon
lvl 2: Suppress Charms & Compulsions

Bandolier:
Slot 1: Pot Gaseous Form
Slot 2: Pot Spirit Sight
Slot 3: Pot Tumbling
Slot 4: Pot CSW
Slot 5: Pot MCPfE10'
Slot 6: Pot Invisibility

Extras:
Potion of Invisibility
Potion of CMW
Potion of Gas Form
Potion of Lesser Restoration
Potion of CLW
Potion of CMW


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Oh! I have not seen Appario hit like that in some time!

Dropping prone, Yahirma reaches out and grabs Appario by the ankle to channel some of her healing power to restore his wounds.

Cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (5, 1) + 9 = 15


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"A camper? I would hope not, if an ordinary person out camping can shot like that, imagine what a determined foe could do."

Reducing the charges spent on Xerath to one would leave this wand at 11 remaining.

That was a fine shot...could it be Maglin?

"How do you feel Appario, the arrow wasn't poisoned was it?"


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Xerath readies a glitterdust for when the dire bats pinpoint where the sniper is.

Will Save DC is 17


The two large bats take a moment to gain their bearings, then both converge on one of the platforms (at AB22).

Will vs glitterdust (assailant): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Will vs glitterdust (bat #1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Will vs glitterdust (bat #2): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Both bats are rendered blind by the dust covering them, while the sparkling dust reveals the position of the previously unseen assailant.

***

Realizing its sniping tactics are over for the moment, it attempts to kill the two large bats quickly.

Manyshot attack (vs bat #1): 1d20 + 19 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 19 - 2 + 1 = 33 (-2: rapid shot; +1: point-blank shot; vs blinded target)
Manyshot damage: 2d6 + 14 + 2 + 7d6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 14 + 2 + (5, 2, 1, 1, 4, 6, 2) = 45 (+2: point-blank shot; +7d6: sneak attack)

The first shot absolutely destroys the first bat.

Shortbow attack #2 (vs bat #2): 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 2 + 1 = 18 (-2: rapid shot; +1: point-blank shot; vs blinded target)
Shortbow damage #2: 1d6 + 7 + 1 + 7d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + (5, 6, 5, 5, 2, 1, 6) = 44 (+1: point-blank shot; +7d6: sneak attack)

The second shot does likewise to the other bat, and the glittering sniper turns its bow towards the boat again.

Rapid shot attack (vs Appario): 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 19 - 2 = 27 (-2: rapid shot)
Rapid shot damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Appario is struck again, this time taking only 9 damage.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The glittering stalker is at a platform 20 ft up. Yahirma is prone.

Up next: The PCs.

In addition, the two bats could have attacked the stalker on their turn (vs concealment due to stealth), plus received AoOs against the stalker's attacks (vs concealment due to blindness).


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

True, it is a bad position we are in, we are sitting ducks it’s true...but a lone sniper can't hope to finish us all off can he? So that means...

Derek begins to scan around the boat, suspecting the sniper of being a delaying tactic while something nasty gets into position.

Shoanti:
"Careful big brother, the sniper might be trying to distract us so we miss a more dangerous attack...or a trap."

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Previous Round

Maddok pushes the boat onward as the bats close on their prey.

Bat #1 Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Bat #1 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Bat #1 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 93

Bat #2 Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Bat #2 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bat #2 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 76

Current Round

Bat #1 AoO Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Bat #1 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bat #1 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 12

Bat #2 AoO Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Bat #2 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Bat #2 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 51

Bat #2 Confirming: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Bat #2 Additional Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Maddok pushes the boat closer still.

How big is the platform? Could more creatures fit on that one?


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"No Derek, no poison that I can tell...I think I would have noticed."

Alcohol is a poison and that has great effect upon me...

On his next turn, Appario will draw and replace his Pot of CMW in his bandolier.

"Thank you, Yahirma. Your touch is appreciated."

Appario keeps look out for less high threats.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 Perception


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma raises an eyebrow as Appario calmly restocks his bandoleer and converses with her and Derek while sustaining ranged punishment. The courage of an Abadarn is strong, yes, but its adherents should have the sense to avoid being shot at, she thinks while the boat creeps toward the platform. With a sigh, she keeps an eye on the archer and prepares to reverse his advantage.

Readied action to cast pilfering hand if the archer tries to take another shot. It will be all the sadder for him if he declares Rapid Shot, as that would lock him into a full-attack. The range should be alright after Maddok moves the boat 20 feet.

Pilfering hand: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Let us see how you arch with all your bones broken."

Boneshatter!: 9d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 3, 5, 4, 3, 2, 3) = 33 DC 19 Fortitude Save. If he fails, full damage and exhausted. If he makes it, half damage and only fatigued.


The platform is small, suitable only for one; they've been designed to be hidden among the stalactites growing from the ceiling. Appario was lucky to notice them earlier :)

***

One bat succeeds at biting the glittering stalker above before succumbing to its onslaught of arrows.

Derek indeed notices something; a slow-moving stream of ripples on the water suggests that something has moved into position just ahead of where Maddok maneuvers the boat.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The stalker is on a platform 20 ft up.

Up next: Xerath.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok still has his standard. Beyond the bow, is the stalker equipped as the other stalkers we've seen? What sort of armor is he wearing?


Fortitude vs boneshatter: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

This seems like a decent choice for a misfortune:

Misfortune reroll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The snapping sound of bones breaking and splintering can be heard from above, and a feminine cry of pain howls out over the lake.

Despite the broken bones, the stalker above attempts to retaliate, but in its weakened state it's unable to resist the telekinetic force pulling the bow from its grasp. It stares in bewilderment as the bow flies down to Yahirma's hands.

***

Almost simultaneously, the source of the ripples Derek noticed reveals itself, as another chuul rises from the bottom to stretch out a claw towards Appario.

Claw attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Claw damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6) + 7 = 19

The chuul, however, misses with its attack.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The chuul is partially submerged (+8 to AC from cover), while the disarmed and exhausted stalker is 20 ft up.

Up next: The PCs.


Maddok wrote:
Maddok still has his standard. Beyond the bow, is the stalker equipped as the other stalkers we've seen? What sort of armor is he wearing?

I assumed Maddok used a full round to move the boat 20 ft, since he wanted to move it closer. If he didn't, then Yahirma couldn't have used misfortune for the boneshatter, meaning the pilfering hand would also have failed..

You can't tell if the stalker has other items equipped (but it would seem likely that it wouldn't be 100% dependent on a bow!), or what sort of armor it wears. As all stalkers, this one also wears black cloth on top of its armor.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

That works, last turn was a double-move then.

***

Maddok looks on in alarm as another chuul surfaces and attacks the party.

Holding out for Derek's actions and/or info from Appario.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Oh good, another Chuul. It has been moments since I was last rendered helpless."

Xerath sighs as he fires off 5 missiles of force at the stalker in an attempt to finish her off.

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 3, 1) + 5 = 15


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Damnit! I can't reach that Chuul with only a trident!

Heaving a deep sigh at once more seemingly brining a candlestick to a swordfight, Derek instead begins to chant a rather hard overture from the Cheliaxan anthem.
Few bards are very good at making it sound passable since Infernal is not a language made for lyrical singing.

Perform sing: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Inspire courage +2, 5/21 Rounds used.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

That's all the motivation I needed!

Ice is strong but rigid. No, this battle calls for water...

Shoanti wrote:
"Spirits of the waves and surf- whose unrelenting force smashes even the greatest mountains to dust across the span of time. Maddok of the Hawk Clan calls upon you! Send your swirling guardians to aid us in our time of need."

Summon Monster 3/5 - Small Water Elementals

Four elementals appear in the water surrounding the chuul. Their forms shift seamlessly between dolphins, angry whorls, and vaguely humanoid shapes. They slam into the elemental mercilessly.

#1 Slam w/ Water Mastery, Power Attack, Flank, Inspire: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
#1 Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

#2 Slam w/ Water Mastery, Power Attack, Flank, Inspire: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
#2 Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

#3 Slam w/ Water Mastery, Power Attack, Flank, Inspire: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
#3 Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

#4 Slam w/ Water Mastery, Power Attack, Flank, Inspire: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
#4 Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Maddok prods the boat closer still, bringing Appario into melee range (probably provoking).


The stalker still seems very much alive even following Xerath's barrage of force missiles.

Three of the elementals slam into the chuul with inspired force.

***

There will be an AoO, but I'll hold off on that in case Appario wants to do something prior to the move.

Up next: Appario and Yahirma.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

No, nothing special from Appario. Just hoping the elementals provide cover (no AoO) or are better targets (they are actually doing damage). Appario plans on drawing Extortion and attacking. I think mobility should apply to AC as well.

On his turn (whether grappled or not), Appario will draw Extortion and attack.

1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 2 = 20 to hit; (+2 more if flanking with elemental)
1d10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16 damage; (+1d6 ⇒ 4 more if flank)

Less whatever grappled condition, if necessary.

If grappled, Appario will also Lay on Hands. 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) = 8 damage.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Derek, I reflected it in my post, but your Inspire Courage is currently +3 as Maddok is standing right next to you. If you could, on your next turn, mention that fact for parties less apt to paying attention *cough*Appario*cough*.


Let's just skip the AoO; I'm not entirely sure that would provoke at all.

***

While the bottom of the boat bumps into the chuul and allows Appario to attack, Extortion's force is diverted by the treacherous water and splashes ineffectually into the water next to the chuul.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The chuul is partially submerged (+8 AC from cover); the stalker is still 20 ft up at AB22 (I just moved her out of the way to make space for the elementals).

Up next: Yahirma.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Another stalker is it? I guess we didn't wipe them all out. Maybe they breed very fast? I hope not, if so, we'll soon be knee deep in...if a small one is a Creeper and a big on is a stalker, what is a child? A sneaker?


That's awesome! You just made me want to go and whip up stats for Dark Sneakers :)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I'm okay with this as long as they don't have Deeper Darkness at-will.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Oh my, what horror have my sick and twisted mind inspired now? It is like my own mind conspires to make things more difficult for us, heh.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Sigh...post eaten

Yahirma has to brace herself against the bottom of the boat when the chuul collides with it, but she makes an effort to watch the stalker as she rises to a standing position. Should the enemy deign to draw another weapon, Yahirma gives it a convenient...reduction to its range increment penalty by calling in a force effect to drag it off the platform.

Readied action to cast chain of perdition should the stalker find a new ranged toy. The aim is to Drag/Reposition her either into the water (let the elementals feast!) or onto the boat (doooooom!).

I'm not sure if Inspire Courage applies here.
Casting defensively: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Prospective CMB: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30

Watching the chuul for a Misfortune on an attack that might otherwise drag Appario to a watery grave.


The chuul lowers itself to a completely submerged position (5-ft step down), then attacks two of the elementals.

Claw attack #1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Claw damage #1: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 5) + 7 = 16

Claw attack #2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Claw damage #2: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15

Both of its chosen victims are snapped to death.

The stalker elects not to attack. Instead, a bank of fog suddenly billows out over the boat, obscuring all sight beyond 5 ft.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The chuul is submerged (total cover). The stalker might still be on the platform at AB22, but she currently can't be seen.

Appario can't see Maddok and Derek, and they can't see him.

Up next: The PCs.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok growls as the chuul dives.

"Focus your efforts on the stalker", the big Shoanti says as he pulls his dagger and dives into the water.

Leaping off the boat and swimming down at Y22 to give the elementals a flank. Provoking. The elementals 5-foot up or down as necessary to get said flank.

Once he and the watery spirits have the monster surrounded, all three attack, the elementals with powerful slams and Maddok with his spiritually charged knife.

#3 Slam w/ Water Mastery, Power Attack, Flank, Inspire: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
#3 Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
#4 Slam w/ Water Mastery, Power Attack, Flank, Inspire: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
#4 Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Dagger w/ Flank and Inspire: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

If Maddok gets grappled on the AoO that roll will be to reverse the grapple.


That's a pretty powerful dagger; 1d20 base damage!


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Big brother in the water! Does anybody have a wind spell to get rid of this mist?"

Stopping Inspire courage to speak, then restarting it again.
Inspire courage +2 (No longer next to Maddok) 6/21 Rounds used.


Since inspire is +2 rather than +3, the elementals should have +9 to attack and damage instead of +10. I'm taking that into account, plus rerolling Maddok's dagger damage as 1d4 instead of 1d20.

***

Dagger damage: 1d4 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

***

The elementals both miss, while the swimming Shoanti thrusts his dagger forcefully into the chuul's chitinous hide.

***

Map and information as above, except Maddok's move, which means noone else can see him due to the fog.

Up next: Appario, Xerath, Yahirma.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario answers Derek's question with one of his own.

"Why don't we just move the boat instead of the fog? Let's go forward or backwards Maddok!"

Appario looks around for Yahirma in the fog.

"Do you have a wand of healery that I can borrow?"

Appario readies to smack the chuul in its family jewels.

1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 2 = 29 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 damage.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Big brother was the one rowing, and since he is in the water moving the boat is a bit difficult.
Even then, I don't want to risk smashing the boat into his skull."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20
DM Are wrote:

That's a pretty powerful dagger; 1d20 base damage!

Best dagger ever!

That's what I get for posting from bed.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

The fog rolls over Yahirma just as do Appario's non-infernal words. She considers washing away the mist but reconsiders. A fog-hidden foe is as blind as we, she thinks. Instead, she reaches over and banishes a few more of Appario's ills.

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Let me know if the fog really needs to go.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

My big concern is the stalker waiting out the Glitterdust and then going back to sniping us but we should have a few turns before that's a serious danger.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Seeing that his target has hid herself, he will switch to melee as he holds his breath while leaping into the water to stab at the Chuul. (Now at Y20)

Power Attack + Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 22

1d8 + 3 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 + 2 + 2 = 17


Since Xerath doesn't have a swim speed, or automatically gets 10 on a Swim check, he has to make a swim check every round in order to not sink :)

Rolling that for you:

Swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

***

Xerath stabs the chuul's hide with his spear, dealing a significant amount of damage.

The chuul withdraws from the many opponents pestering it, ending at the bottom about 30 ft away.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

There's still fog surrounding the boat (from W17 to AD24).

The chuul is on the bottom (20 ft down); anyone close enough to attack it won't be able to hear Derek's song due to the water.

Up next: The PCs.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Both elementals charge after their prey.

#3 Slam w/ Water Mastery, Power Attack, Charge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
#3 Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
#4 Slam w/ Water Mastery, Power Attack, Charge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
#4 Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Depending on if it's still alive Maddok will charge too.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Xerath climbs back onto the boat declining to follow the Chuul. He then takes a defensive stance. Total Defense. AC is 24, CMD 30


You're giving them +1 too much on attack, Maddok. Base attack is +5, which becomes +7 with +1 water mastery, -1 power attack, +2 charge.

They also can't charge from their current position, since there's no possible straight lines from their position to the chuul's position. As the map shows, AB23, AB24, and AB25 are not water.

***

The two elementals move towards the chuul, but both miss with their attacks.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Oops, I didn't bother looking at the map. For some reason, I thought it had just moved straight down. In any event, Maddok won't send them off to fight the chuul alone like that. They'd just be picked off. Instead he'll leave them where they're at to warn the party if it comes back.

Maddok swims over to the wall below the ledge where the fog originated.

Climb: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

That probably doesn't make it but does Maddok get a sense for how difficult it would be to climb?


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek, unsure what is happening outside the mist, and equally unsure that his song is reaching the ears of those in need stops performing and instead helps Xerath back into the boat, hoping the proud spellcaster can accept a little help from a comrade.

"Up you go, we might not be able to see the sniper, but something tells me that he can't see us either at the moment."


The fog originated from a point at the center of the boat, but I understand what you meant :)

***

Maddok doesn't manage to climb up, but he figures the wall isn't more difficult to climb than he'd be able to do routinely outside of a combat situation.

***

Up next: Appario and Yahirma.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma leans slightly to her right, hoping to counterbalance Derek as he reaches over the side of the boat. She then calls upon spirits of mischief to pick apart the stalker's efforts at concealment.

Dispel magic caster level check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


The fog dissipates, and the glittering stalker can again be seen. She's currently in the process of climbing away towards the west, along the cavern walls near the ceiling.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The chuul is submerged at the pool's floor.

Up next: Appario.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Oh, I do so enjoy the rules for taking damage while climbing. Any volunteers?


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I think I see one.

If only we had someone with a bow...

7,551 to 7,600 of 10,990 << first < prev | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.