Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


1 to 50 of 10,889 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Cheliax

The sun rises on a warm spring day in the fallen capital of Westcrown, once the center of Chelaxian civilization, its golden façade now crumbling under lethargy and disrepair. Who dares stand against the Thrice Damned House of Thrune? Shadowbeasts stalk the streets at night preying on those seeking redemption for this once great empire. Will the light break through the darkness of these diabolic times? A revolution is brewing.

Semenya and Del

Spoiler:
The two of you have been working together quite a bit more as of late. The inquiries pour in about people missing or cargo not arriving at its destination. At least your last job wasn't a total waste. A wife and mother, Lorna, had charged you both with finding Ferguson, her husband. Long story short, he ran away to join Olek Keegan's theater to fulfill his dream of acting, but his wife wouldn't of allowed it, so he ran away. You both agreed to have breakfast together this morning to go over some notes for a couple cases. As you compare notes a rough looking man walks by your table and stops putting his hands on the tabletop. "Hope your meals are satisfactory." Giving each other a puzzled look, you notice as he walks away that he left a small piece of folded paper where his hand had been. The message reads:

You are not alone in your concerns for the people of Westcrown. Meet me at Vizio's Tavern in Rego Scripa this afternoon for dinner.

Janiven

Arodio

Spoiler:
Your days lately have been extremely boring. You think with the disappearance of so many people recently that your services would become necessity. It didn't take long for you to realize that the people were being forced to let things slide. People disappear without a trace and no one asks questions. As you sit against the wall in the market a young peasant girl runs up to you "I have a message for you." She then runs off into the maze of carts and baskets. The message reads:

You are not alone in your concerns for the people of Westcrown. Meet me at Vizio's Tavern in Rego Scripa this afternoon for dinner.

Janiven

Eklektos

Spoiler:
Since receiving the tarnished wayfinder you could not get the abandoned building out of your mind. Every time you pass by, questions race through your mind. What happened here? Where did they go? Are they all dead? As you walk the road with Theron, a small child runs up to you from a rundown building. As you peer down at the child, you realize it is the same one that gave you the package. He hands you a note and runs back into the building before you can speak. The message reads:

I would like you to meet a friend by the name of Janiven. Dinner this afternoon at Vizio's Tavern in Rego Scripa.

E.K.

Derek

Spoiler:
Apart from last night being the final showing of 'Sir Lawrence and the goat' and having an absolutely smashing after party, you don't feel much different than usual today. As you make your way around the temple/tavern following your normal routine, you notice an attractive woman admiring one of the many tankard bearing statues of the Drunken Hero. As you approach, she turns to you with a smile. "I enjoyed the show last night. My name is Janiven and I must ask you to join me and a few friends for dinner this afternoon at Vizio's tavern. It is located in Rego Scripa. It appears we have some common concerns. See you then." At that, she turns and walks out of the temple quickly never looking back.

If you have anything you would like to do during the day, let me know.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

Arodio , with no mind at all for the peasants working,buying,and doing market stuff shouts "Thanks lots girl"

Scratching his head, then looking at all the stuff hung from his large torso and back he thinks "Sooner or later i'll have to find a way to settle all of this, and even thought this sounds a bit too mysterious,maybe even illegal, i can always refuse, or break a head or two. And a job is job anyway"

He then heads for Vizio's.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Dm

Spoiler:
Why how absolutely fascinating! This almost sounds like a genuine damsel in distress, and how could a follower of the accidental god not rise to such a challenge?

Derek decides to walk over to Regio Scripa and see if he can find the tavern so he can be sure to not miss the appointment (no gentleman would keep a lady waiting after all), and while in the vicinity he might also see if he can learn a little about Janiven, maybe someone knows here there?

This sounds like a diplomacy check to gather information?

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

If he can learn anything he will then return to the temple and wait there for some time, heading for the meeting about one hour before afternoon so he can be there a little early. He'll bring one of his bottles of fine wine with him.

Cheliax

Derek and anyone else with a DC 10 Knowledge local or Diplomacy check

Spoiler:
She has worked for several guilds and mercantile interests, sometimes as a caravan guard but more often as a city guide and bodyguard for visiting merchants and business partners that the guilds want to keep out of trouble with local thugs or the shadow beasts that patrol the streets at night. Janiven has a reputation of being a bit rash (for example, she recently dragged her charge half-dressed out of a whorehouse when he refused to head back to a safer part of town before sundown) but quite trustworthy—everyone you talk to has nothing but praise for the woman.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Dm

Spoiler:
Hah! I like this woman already, what she may lack in refinment, she is certain to make up for in passion!
Derek will then head back to the tavern-chapel and wait til the apointed hour (one hour before the meeting so he can be early, and maybe talk to Janiven alone).


Male Human Rogue 1
DM CH-P wrote:
Derek and anyone else with a DC 10 Knowledge local or Diplomacy check ** spoiler omitted **

DM & Semenya

Spoiler:
(Knowledge: local) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 So I guess Del knows Janiven or knows of her.

For now, Del decides to treat the message with the discretion with which it was delivered. He indicates to Semenya (secret message DC 15, bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 that they shouldn't discuss it until they're in a more secluded spot:

"Ah, bugger! I seem to have left my coinpurse at home. Can you get this tab [handing the note across the table] and I'll pay you back when we swing by the office?"

When they get to a secluded spot, Del hands her coins for the breakfast, and says, "Sorry if I seem too cautious. I don't know why Janiven felt she needed to send this cryptic note, if it's really from her. I'd like to track her down this morning, if we can, see if she's making movements towards this meeting, or if someone's used her name as a lure to some kind of trap."

Does Del know where she stays? If he doesn't know her personally, he'll try to meet up with Arodio to ask him if he knows her, since it sounds like they're in the same line of work.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya picks up the tab without a quibble, chatters a little bit with a local contact, and then walks out, leaving in the opposite direction that Del did. Taking the usual "Two routes to the same shade tree by the well" routine, she meets up with him.

"Del, I've learned to respect that itch on the back of your neck. No need to apologize for caution. Do you want me to be your lookout when you head in, or should I dress up, and try to be charming while you watch the door?"

She gives him a smile that would almost be coy, if she didn't outweigh him by 30 lbs. "I need to know how to accessorize."


Male Human Rogue 1

DM & Semenya

Spoiler:

"Dress inconspicuous. We'll just be casing her place or tailing her before dinner. If she meant to be so subtle, she may feel she's being watched. I don't want to bring ourselves any unwanted attention by contacting her in the open. But while we keep an eye on her, we can see if anyone else is tailing her, too."

If Del finds out where she stays, he finds a spot to keep hidden (stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14) and keep an eye on her place (perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24). If he actually finds her, he'll follow at long distance, keeping hidden (stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12) or inconspicuous (bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16). In either case, he'll also be looking for suspicious characters who also seem to be watching her (perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27; sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23). Closer to the meeting time, he expects to see her heading towards the tavern (perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9), though he's prepared for her to take a roundabout way to get there (sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23), in case she's afraid she's being followed. (Just trying to anticipate any skill checks. Disregard any rolls you don't need. Or roll more if you need them.)

Of course, if Del finds out she's staying someplace real close to the tavern, he'll assume she wasn't trying to be as cautious as her messenger played it, and he'll visit her directly, to ask if they're "still on for dinner".

Cheliax

Del Vane wrote:

DM & Semenya

** spoiler omitted **

Del, Semenya and Arodio

Spoiler:
After a few hours of information gathering, you discover that the man really was playing up the secrecy a tad. You also learn that Janiven has been at the tavern all day prepping food and doing minor repairs in anticipation of your meeting.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya will talk to a few people about the district. Not asking any direct questions about the ownership, just listing it as one place among many she's investigating for a client recommendation.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12Diplomacy for gathering information.

If she gets very lucky, she hopes to find out what the legal authorities think of the tavern, albeit second or third hand.

She is also going to 'case' the joint, and when there's a suitable opportunity, stash a parcel inside the front door. (The parcel is going to be a change of clothes wrapped around a greataxe.)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Stealth to stash the parcel.

When it's closer to supper time, she's going to put on her explorer's outfit; the crossbow will be with her under the cloak. Hopefully, her stashed axe will still be there as well.

After that, she'll head home and change clothes to her explorer's outfit.

She'll meet with Del, and do her part of the usual routine when they work together - looking into the shadows from across the street for people tailing them, and relaying information via the Message spell.

(Unless there's ever a situation where casting it would be noticed, Semenya will be using the Message cantrip as a routine action, so that she and Del can remain in communication.)


Male Aasimar Druid 2

DM:
After finding out as much as he can about this Janiven character, Eklektos spends the day searching around the old Pathfinder Lodge, Delvehaven, looking for a way in that won't be noticed and get him beaten by the guards again. With some persuasion, Theron helps out, although he seems reluctant to try and find a way into the old Lodge.

Perception - Eklektos: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Perception - Theron: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

If successful, mark it and then leave so as not to draw attention. It will keep for another day. If not successful, leave another time.

As the sun sinks lower in the sky, Theron gives a growl. Eklektos looks at the big cat, then pulls the note out again. "Who is this EK person? And who is this Janiven he wants me to meet," he wonders to himself. He turns to the cat, shows him the note. Theron sniffs it, then gives a short grunt of a growl.

"You think so? Well, perhaps this will be interesting. Come. Let us see what we can find out from this Janiven." With that, Eklektos sets off to find Vizio's Tavern, and to find out what he can about this Janiven. With a low growl that Eklektos doesn't hear, Theron follows.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

I'm not sure i got what is going on, too many spoilers

For example, who is this Janiven ? And am i on my own or already grouped with Semenya and Del Vane ?

Only thing i got i need to roll a Knowledge Local check ( it is not a class skill for me and it is a trained only skill, but any knowledge skill check of DC 10 or lower can be attempted by anyone if i'm not wrong

DM C-HP:
Knowledge Local 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

OK got it all, haven't read the info about her yet


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

DM C-HP:
I'll assume Arodio asked for info to some of his friends of the same backgrounds, the same who taught him his skills as a scoundrel, so he isn't going to use much of a subtlety here

After asking around for some time himself Arodio fells like going to seat down a bit, eat and drink and talk of getting a job,better if in company of a woman he already like from what he heard.

He'll enter Vizio's Tavern and wait to see who comes to greet him, since he has no clue about who he has to address to.


Male Human Rogue 1
DM CH-P wrote:

Del, Semenya and Arodio

** spoiler omitted **

After rereading the message, I figured that was probably the case. But I'd already reacted to the messenger, so I felt I had to follow through. Plus, I was having fun with the dice roller! :)

So I'll assume Semenya and Del didn't meet up with Arodio. Do they still know each other?

DM & Semenya

Spoiler:
[upon learning that Janiven is staying at the tavern] "It sounds like the message is from her, so I feel better. But I know you always like to be prepared for trouble. I'll let you get ready, and I'll meet up with you at the dinner. I'd like to come a little better prepared myself." He shares what he knows of the tavern and Vizio (if there is a Vizio) (Knowledge: local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15), tips his hat to his partner of late, and heads back in the direction of his office/home.

Legitimate or not, the note sounded a little more... political than Del is usually concerned. He'd just been bothered by a larger number of unsolved missing persons cases lately. But maybe Janiven has info on them. He heads back to the office to refresh his memory of his most recent unsolved cases, and see if the missing persons have anything in common. (Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12)


Male Human Rogue 1

Everyone who arrives to the dinner on time

Spoiler:
Del arrives at Vizio's Tavern promptly at the traditionally accepted dinner time in Westcrown, early enough to chat before food is served. He's decided punctuality is a virtue that would be appreciated by the honest clients he tries to attract now. He wears neutral-tone clothes appropriate for his station among the working class, but nice enough to call on a noble client. It's not uncommon for people to keep arms in a dangerous city like Westcrown, but Del wears his discreetly.

He picks out the hostess and greets her first: "Well met, Janiven. Your messenger has a flair for the dramatic. He had me suspicious of your invitation. Listen, I know an acting troupe I could introduce him to, if he'd like to try legitimate theater." He acknowledges the guests that have already arrived, singling out any if he recognizes them, including Semenya if she's already arrived (and Arodio, if they know each other) before finding a seat.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

DM

Spoiler:
About one hour before the arranged time Derek will head over to the Tavern, mindfull of not attracting too much attention he will tuck his Cayden Caelian stole and holy symbol inside his clothes for now.

Once at the tavern he will take a seat and look around, if Janiven is around he will greet her warmly, and probably flirt just a little with her. Then he will settle back and wait til' it's time for the meeting.
Being a man of action however he is likely to get bored quickly and instead start strumming his lute and singing, pretending to be a hired minstrel while he scans the tavern for any newcommers.

Derek is taking 10 on Perform sing and on Stringed instrument, so that's Perfrom sing 17 and perform Stringed instruments 19 (+2 for masterwork lute], according to the core rulebook that comes to "enjoyable performance" haha


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

I'ld add something, but not sure whether i know the others or not at this point,maybe some less spoilers would have helped in this regard :P ?

Waiting to know something from DM C-HP

Anyway Arodio is in Vizio's Tavern with all of his clothes,weapons, armor and anything else packed and dropped on the floor at his feet

Cheliax

Wow, these posts exploded. If I miss someone's question, please point it out. Sorry about all the spoilers, it does get confusing. That should be about to end though.
Arodio: I would say you know Del and Semenya just by trade. As for your belongings, you probably have a small place, at least to store your stuff.

Knowledge Local or Diplomacy about Vizio's DC 10

Spoiler:
Named for the family that once ran the establishment. Vizio’s was a place where merchant guards went to relax, gripe about their employers, and look for more work. Several months ago, however, the Vizio patriarch passed away, and the surviving family moved out of Westcrown to go live with kin in distant Corentyn. The tavern has stood empty since. The place's has new owners reputed to be a half-elf man and a human woman—although they seem to be taking their time getting the tavern off the ground and open for business.

Derek

Spoiler:
When you arrive an attractive woman answers the door. "Welcome Derek, I am Janiven. Please take a seat and I will bring you an ale. I have a few more preparations, but make yourself at home." You notice that the tavern is empty other than you two.

Del & Semenya

Spoiler:
As far as casing the joint, you see nothing suspicious and Semenya's package is securely stashed. When you arrive at the tavern separately, you are both treated with the same hospitality. Janiven lets you in and directs you to a seat and offers you an ale. "Yes, sorry for his odd behavior. He is quite the conspiracy theorist. We will begin dinner once everyone has arrived. Thank you for coming." The only other person in the tavern is a man sitting strumming his lute and singing. A few minutes later Arodio shows up at the door.

Eklektos

Spoiler:
You find a small window that looks promising just out of line of sight of the guards. After a nice walk, you arrive at the tavern and am greeted by a woman. "I am Janiven, welcome and make yourself at home. We will be serving dinner momentarily." The others are already there and will be describing and introducing themselves soon.

Arodio

Spoiler:
When you arrive you see some familiar faces and some not. An attractive woman greets you. "Welcome Arodio, I am Janiven. Please make yourself at home. We will be starting dinner momentarily." She then shows you to a seat and offers you an ale.

I think I got everyone covered. Please post a description and maybe something introducing yourselves to the others you do not know.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

As people begin to drop into the small Tavern Derek takes note of them all during his performance, as the song of "Lawrence the hooded king" dies down he stands and bows deeply to the other occupants, sweeping his broad brimmed hat of his head and at the very depth of his bow allowing the plumed feather to lightly brush the floor.

Greetings to you one and all, a truly auspicious meeting this may yet prove to be, for it is written in the placards of wisdom that any day you have a chance to make a new friend is a fine day indeed. After this Derek smiles and runs a finger over his trimmed mustache and goatee before continuing.

My name is Derek Keegan,a humble priest of the Drunken hero, Cayden Caleian and it is my very good honor to meet you all. He then pulls out a bottle of what appears to be a fine wine and smiles even broader.
In fact, it is tradition to share a toast when first meeting strangers, please, allow me to supply the drink for such a toast.

Derek is a bit of a dandy, dressed in tight blue pants; a white silk shirt with a red vest, around his neck is a red stole with a golden mug symbol on it and around his neck hangs a small silver tankard. On his hip is a rapier and in his hand is a lute of fine craftsmanship. His hair is black, shoulder length and pulled back in a ponytail.
His most striking feature is his clear purple eyes, hinting at a strong Azalanti heritage in the family.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

Knowledge Local1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

As his usual, Arodio doesn't make much attention to his surroundings, at least when he isn't swirling his flail at someone's skull.

He immediately tries the strength of Janiven with a firm and strong handshake :"Pleasure's all mine Janiven, i was eager to know you personally, and ale and meal is always welcome too"

"Sorry for taking all that stuff along with me, usually i stash it somewhere but something was under repair and just retired , something i bought just for the occasion,here he points at his side, where the grip and the chained ball of a flail is hanging, and to his back covered by a massive steel shield and something else ....well you never know when they may come handy"

This bulky young human male is very tall and muscular, but he is obviously not used to high ceremonies or important occasions.

He continues "And of course good to see the two of you, if i remember correctly, Del and Semenya ? How's going ? And for the rest of you, name is Arodio Ambusta, my job, simple may it appear, is smashing heads"

"HA!"


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

If your tastes run to malachite green, Semenya is striking and beautiful, with straight glossy black hair, and eyes that seem to have no whites, just a dark brown iris and a pupil.

She's a good inch taller than Del.

She's wearing dark brown trousers that are loose fitting, a bloused tunic of light green, and a charcoal grey vest with multiple pockets on it. At her feet is a bundle that could be nearly anything, though it looks like it's got a handle sticking out of it. If you look closely, there's a fine tracery of something metallic over the backs of her wrists, and peeking over her throat from her shirt.

"Ahh. Arodio, good to see you." She glances at the man with the lute, and then glances out the door. As the wine is passed around, she smiles at the follower of the Carouser, and makes a hand gesture similar to the flapping of wings of a butterfly. "Shelyn's blessings upon you; outward beauty is evidence of her intentions, inner beauty is a sign of her intervention." She sips the toast and passes the mug to Del.

"I'm Semenya Carbachon. Del and I often refer work to one another."


Male Human Rogue 1

Del thanks Keegan for the drink, and nods his acknowledgement to Arodio and Semenya. He looks at this diverse group and wonders what they have in common.

"I guess we're all introducing ourselves. My name is Del Vane. I'm native Westcrown, so I know the area fairly well. I guess you could call me a locator. I find people who've gone missing, or I reacquire lost items that the owner wants back. I'm here because lately I've hit dead ends on too many missing persons to blame on the shadow beasts. Janiven has a good reputation, so I'm glad to come and hear her out."

Del wears a suit typical of a working class Westcrown professional. His clothes are shades of dark grey, except for his belt, boots, and sheaths, which are unpolished black leather. He wears a short sword and dagger at his left hip. His short-brimmed hat is sitting on one of the empty tables nearby, since the coat rack that used to stand by the front door is now gone.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek smiles and nods his head towards Arodio. And a usefull talent it is at the right time indeed, and by the look of your arms I would say you have some real force behind your swings my boy!

He then turns to Semenya and offers a deep bow and a wink. Truly a pleasure to meet a worshiper of Shelyn, and I must say that as much as I like to think I mirror my lord in courage, you certainly mirror your lady in beuty.

He then turns to Del and gives him a nod. To be a succesfull locater as you dub yourself in a place like Westcrown you need wit, guile, a soft step and a strong arm, all qualities that makes for a usefull and appreciated ally indeed.

As he pours a cup of the wine for each person he grins widely.
Why I do believe that the occasion might call for a song!

Who has good wine should not be mean,
but pour the bad stuff down the latrine!
So come, my lord, flagon it out!
And let your merry companions shout...!

THIS SONG WANTS DRINK!

When I see wine into the gobblet slip,
how I yearn to drown in it!
My heart sings best at the thought of booze,
then this contest I'll never loose!
I thirst for a sup, come circle the cup!

THIS SONG WANTS DRINK!

After the performance he turns to Eklektos and waits for an introduction there as well.

Taking 10 for a total of 17 in performance, what the book refers to as an "enjoyable" performance


Male Aasimar Druid 2

When Eklektos walked in, it was immediately apparent that there was something very different about him. His survey of the room greeted each person with glowing amethyst eyes that had no whites and only the suggestion of pupils. After Janiven's greeting, he says, "Thank you. I assume you are the Janiven I was asked to meet?" After her response, he looks around again, then makes his way across the room.

As he walks, it emphasizes that he is likely the tallest, and skinniest, person in the room. His clothing is rustic and simple, practical as opposed to fashionable. It is brown, dirt-stained and travel worn. Halfway across the room, he stops and turns back to the door. He clicks his tongue, and in walks a cat that stands to Eklektos's hip. The cat is just over five feet long and is the mottled black of shadows on a moonless night. The panther stops, looks up at Eklektos, then paces past him to a booth on the far side of the room. It hops up and lies down on one seat, facing outward. Eklektos joins the cat in the booth, facing outward on the other seat. He leans his spear against the wall next to him.

As each person introduces him-/her-self, Eklektos watches them in turn. He doesn't stare exactly, but his eyes do appear to be looking through their words into their minds. His gaze in intense, and could be unnerving to those who don't know what to expect.

When Derek turns to him, he stays silent for a minute, then speaks. "I am Eklektos Apofysi, a simple man from the Barrowoods. This is Theron, my friend and companion." At the sound of his name, the panther lifts his head and gives a half-growl, half-snort. Despite his claims of being a simple man, there is something very different about Eklektos. The glowing eyes are part of it, but his emphasized height and leanness are also unnatural. His bronze hair seems to rustle occasionally in a breeze that isn't there, and it shimmers like a metal curtain from time to time. His features are delicately shaped, but formed hard.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek nods to Eklektos and grins. The barrowwoods you say, that is the birthplace to many stories, perhaps one day your story shall be added to the pile and sung by ne like me, who can know? Anyone who has lived there alone...well almost alone and prospered, not to mentioned made a companion and friend of an animal like you Theron certainly has skills. He nods and passes Eklektos a cup of wine as well.

He then bows his head, clasps his hands together and mutters a short benediction over the meal and the meeting in general. While certainly curious about the rest of the people there, he was confident that before the day was over he would have answers to some of the questions.

Seeing as that the time has nearly come and nobody else seems inclined to join us dear Janiven, can I assume this means we are all here? If so I am most eager to know what this rag-tag band of individuals could possibly have in common?


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

Arodio listened to the other's introduction, while waiting for the serving girls to bring the first plates on the table.

"Derek, you hit the point, your song surely whet my appetite and thirst"

He got rid of the shield, that was somewhat making moving the arms awkward,at least at a dinner.It hit the floor with a loud CLANG

"The minstrel his right, i'm curious myself about this reunion"


Male Aasimar Druid 2

"Hardly a reunion for myself and Theron, given that we've never met any of you," Eklektos muses out loud. Theron just puts his head on his paws and looks like he's napping. Eklektos takes a sip of the wine, swirls it around his mouth, then swallows and takes another sip.

Cheliax

”Ah yes Derek. It seems you all have met our ecclesiastic showman.” Janiven answers, heading back into the kitchen. As she reappears from the kitchen with trays of various meats, cheeses and vegetables, she gestures to all of you. ”Please come over and have a seat. This table has been prepared for our meal.” Janiven then sits at the head of the table watching you all as you approach and take your seats, as if evaluating you again.

Sense Motive DC 15

Spoiler:
You notice that Janiven is worried about something, but seems forthright in general, although she glances at the front window every few minutes.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

I'll roll just for the fun of it,with no ranks in the skill and no Wisdom bonus :/

Sense Motive check: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Giving a wide smile self-deprecating smile Derek bows and winks to Janiven before taking his seat finally, then he begins to tuck into the meal with hearty appetite whilst watching the others with curiosity.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

As usual Arodio cares for nothing but food and drinks, and now that he is on them, he barely listens to his surroundings.

Just like me during lunch and dinner time....especially when there is a pizza in the plate


Male Human Rogue 1

Sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Del picks up his hat and moves to the indicated table. He takes a seat facing the front window and steers Semenya to do the same.

"We expecting another, Jan? It's just that you keep stealing glances at that front window."


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya follows Del's lead, and keeps her bundled kit by her feet. She's sitting with a good view of the door, but not quite a direct line of sight from someone barging in.

She completes Del's sentence. "Or are you expecting trouble?"

Cheliax

Seeming a bit agitated at Del's question, Janiven shifts in her seat. "Those damned shadow beasts. I know the House of Thrune brought them here to oppress the citizens. They leave only key streets lit, letting the beasts roam free through the city. Their power increases every minute. I assure you, we will not be here past nightfall, but if you would like to stay we can make arrangements as appropriate." Janiven then resumes eating and listening to the conversations around her.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"This i heard, if we want to stay i just need a hole to put some bag in, what i need is already all on me;i never pull back from a good slashing and smashing. Otherwise i have to go few minutes to my place"


Male Human Rogue 1

"You think the Shadow Beasts have been more active lately? I've wondered that myself."

Didn't I read somewhere that the city leaves lit torches on staffs at the corners of streets for people caught out after dark? Not sure how effective they are, if they're even present in the AP (I might've read that in the Pathfinder Companion to Cheliax).

Cheliax

Del Vane wrote:

"You think the Shadow Beasts have been more active lately? I've wondered that myself."

Didn't I read somewhere that the city leaves lit torches on staffs at the corners of streets for people caught out after dark? Not sure how effective they are, if they're even present in the AP (I might've read that in the Pathfinder Companion to Cheliax).

I did find something in the companion about that. I do believe they reference a future time compared to the AP though. It says the dottari light man sized fires for patrolling certain streets and they have halorans, 7-foot-tall hooked staves hung with bright lanterns, made publicly available along the city’s most traveled avenues. Emphasis on most traveled avenues.


Male Human Rogue 1
DM CH-P wrote:
I did find something in the companion about that. I do believe they reference a future time compared to the AP though. It says the dottari light man sized fires for patrolling certain streets and they have halorans, 7-foot-tall hooked staves hung with bright lanterns, made publicly available along the city’s most traveled avenues. Emphasis on most traveled avenues.

Yeah, I think the halorans are what I had in mind. Good to know for the future that they're not in the AP, but it doesn't change anything presently for Del. He's conscious of the time, and would rather finish dinner and get home before dark, but he doesn't say so aloud.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

It is certainly true that this city is one particularly oppressed in a country seen by outsiders as oppressed in general, and having fallen so far is something that has inspired more than a few tragedies, I myself have played in more than one of them previously. Yet...surely you do not mean that our meeting here has something to do with them my dear Janiven? Derek frowns, hoping that his custom of playing the protagonist is spilling over too much in the conversation, after all, he is more interested in the others than in himself at this point.


Male Human Rogue 1

"Keegan... is that any relation to Olek Keegan of the theater? We met one of your actors - Ferguson - the other day. How would you rate him?


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Looks up in surprise at Del. "Why yes, that name belongs to none other than my grandfather, a man of such acting talents that he had no peers during his heyday". Derek stops to scratch his beard thoughtfully. "Ah yes, my grandfathers new "protégée'", he has a lot of heart, but I am not yet convinced he has ANY talent, I suspect my grandfather might have taken him in more out of pity than anything else...then again, he does see further into the future than I do..."


Male Human Rogue 1

"Well, so far, Ferguson's wife and kids still want him to come home. So if he can't cut it, your grandfather might do him a favor by letting him go now, while he still has a life to go home to."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Hmmm, did not know he had children, suspected he might have a woman, but not a wife...tsk, there are enough orphans in the world without men running of in that fashion. I'll tell my grandfather about it and we will see what happens".


Male Human Rogue 1

"That's awfully decent of you. I appreciate it.

Eklektos, what brings you into town from the Barrowoods? Surely Jan's messenger didn't find you out there?"

Cheliax

"Well Derek, not directly no." As everyone finishes their meal and talk amongst themselves, Janiven rises slowly from her chair and walks over to the windows securing the shutters tightly and locks the door. She arrives back at the head of the table, takes a deep breath and clears her throat waiting for your conversations to finish. As the last words are spoken, she looks at each of you.

Cheliax

Sorry, not trying to cut anyone off. Go ahead and finish your conversations how you like. I will post more whenever you guys are ready.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Haha, very polite of you, In fact, I felt like it was ME doing the cutting of a bit, I'll stop yapping now and wait for the story to progress


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Eklektos comes over and sits, preferably with his back to a wall, but doesn't eat much. He nibbles on one or two of the vegetables, listening and continues to sip on his glass of wine. He listens more intently at the talk of the shadow beasts, glancing almost unconsciously at Theron, still feigning sleep in the other booth. When addressed by Del, he starts.

"I was not in the Barrowoods when I received the message, actually. I was in the town on...personal business. And it didn't come from Janiven, although it did mention her." At this, he reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out the note. "I would like you to meet a friend by the name of Janiven. Dinner this afternoon at Vizio's Tavern in Rego Scripa. E.K." After reading it, he looks around. "Would EK happen to be one of you?"


Male Human Rogue 1

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 knowledge: local to try and think of anyone with the initials E.K.

"Perhaps Janiven knows someone with those initials? Jan, the food's been good, and I've enjoyed the company, but if there's something in particular you want to talk about, we'd better get to it so we can get home before dark."

I'm okay with progressing.

Cheliax

Jlighter, check OOC thread please.

Del

Spoiler:
The initials sound vaguely familiar, but you can't put your finger on it.

"Again, thank you for agreeing to meet with me here and I assure you we will be done before nightfall so you may get home safely. As for E.K., they are a friend from when I was younger. We can talk later Eklektos. I have chosen each of you for a singular reason—everyone here, myself included, has suffered, whether we realize it or not. I have lived in Westcrown my whole life, and although I love this city, I must admit, as must you, that despite our peace and prosperity, we continue to suffer. Fear should not be an expected part of life, and yet each night brings fear to our doorsteps. Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war and famine for nearly seventy years, and yes, our businesses has prospered—but this safety and prosperity has been bought in the coinage of fear and prayers to Hell. Other lands live free from tyranny. Other cities do not fear the night. Other governments do not cede the streets to monsters of the infernal shadows. Westcrown was once such a place, and she wants to be such a place again. Westcrown is not only her buildings and canals and docks and history—she is also her people. Westcrown is our friends and neighbors, our mothers and fathers, our siblings and cousins, our sons and daughters! With but a small group of supporters and dedicated brothers and sisters, we can earn the trust and admiration of those people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts that stalk our streets is one step closer to a Westcrown free of the devil that is the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune!”

Janiven's speech is given with an intense passion, after which she sits and drinks from her glass of wine, waiting for any responses and questions.

1 to 50 of 10,889 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.