Arazni

Galatea Rayven's page

237 posts. Alias of Joynt Jezebel.


RSS

1 to 50 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Thanks for running, it was fun.

Good luck recovering from the burnout.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"What can be better than a fine meal and fine company?" says Galatea in reply to Colvin with absolute insincerity.

As the group enters the throne room Galatea attempts a use the force check for the same reason as Callum.

Use the Force (Sense Surroundings): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Good thinking Callum. But I am better at rolling dice. :P


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea nods approvingly at the others suggestions and actions, not having anything to add at that time. When Sebbik annouces he is going to look for a computer terminal, she replies "I will come with you, I might be able to help."


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea nods moodily in response to Sebbik's comment and then says "You handled that very well Colvin."

When the group is alone after reaching their quarters Galatea will translate what was said for anyone who does not speak Huttese.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea's body is pumping adrenaline as she believes this audience to descend into violence at any time. She is doing her level best to look and sound calm and replies quietly to Callum with "Hopefully a saga my friends. As long as it is not a funeral dirge..."


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Excellent Colvin.

We hadn't discussed it at all as a group and you had thought things out better than I.

Let us hope you convince the Hutt. Otherwise we may have to... slug it out.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Hello fellow players-

Where we are in game is we have reached Darga and need a response to-

.and a silver protocol droid steps up from behind the dais to stand at Darga's side. Darga says something else in Huttese, and the droid says, "The illustrious Darga demands to know why you have come to his palace, and how you have convinced Raden to escort here."

Galatea is the group's diplomancer and speaks Huttese, so should answer in game. I would welcome some input from others, this is complicated and important.

This mission started around post 801 11 months ago real time.

I had to re-read it. What happens when we meet Darga? Well from the game past around post 801-

Galatea listens to the briefing quietly and attentively. When the Admiral stops speaking she says "Cato Neimodia? I will be familiar with the local inhabitants, though I have not been there before. Admiral Varth, can you give us any details of the transfers of resources to and from Darga's organisation. As much detail as possible. We have to track this criminal down and uncover a secret project the Empire is anxious to conceal. Any clue or lead will be vital. And these casualty reports, did they give any details at all. Who was killed and injured, where, what race, what caused the injuries or deaths?"
The Admiral does his best to answer Galtea's questions. "I'm afraid I can't answer much of the questions you ask. My only involvement in the Sarlaac Project came in managing resources, and most of those were encoded. The casualty reports were not detailed - the numbers were only broken down by 'Imperial' and 'work force'. I suspect 'work force' referred to slaves, but don't have any evidence that it does. The work force numbers were always bigger, though."

Colvin Dashwind wrote:

"Alright then. Do we have an in with Darga or do we have to create one ourselves?"
"You'll have to create one yourselves. To make matters more complicated, Darga’s exact whereabouts are unknown. However, he has been seen in the Cato Neimoidian city of Zarra. Chances are that someone in the city knows where he is, and may be able to get you in to see him. You'll likely have to do something for that being in exchange, though."

And that is as far as we got. We haven't discussed this and if anyone has a good lie to tell the Hutt I welcome the help.

This is the lie Galatea came up with when we got to Cato Neimodia to tell customs-

"As to the reason for our visit, we are attempting to establish a business and come to Cato Neimoidia seeking finance, either in the form of a loan, an investor or investors with funds, or both. We Neimoidians are renowned as canny financiers and our plans should bear good profits in time so this is a natural destination."

that might help a bit.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"I am as good as my word Warrick."replies Galatea, hiding her relief as well as she can. She follows the Devaronian, calling to her companions "Come on boys."


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"Back out? Not at all. I have your thousand credits right here." replies Galatea as she walks forward. She has released her blaster carbine, which hangs at her right side not far from her right hand. Her left hand hold the 1,000 credits which she is offering to Warrick.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"Very well Warrick. Where do we go to find our way to Darga?" replies Galatea in a friendly voice, while slowly and enticingly withdrawing currency from her purse, suggesting a strip tease for misers.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

SCT-L3- I believe your character is represented by a figure in the map representing the current encounter.

You might have been absent from the thread for some time, but we have had a couple of lengthy delays. I don't believe you were ever thought to have left the campaign and probably missed a lot less than you think.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

These things happen. I guess interfering with our RPG isn't really one of the worst effects of COVID-19.

I had thought this campaign, the last of my online games, had died. And I am glad it hasn't.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea smiles appreciatively in Callum's direction, though she remains alert to the possibility of violence.

Persuasion, Galatea: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Plus force point.

1d6 ⇒ 3

That is a total of 27, I incorporated the +4 in my first roll.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Remaining where she is Galatea replies "You would be surprised who I am descended from Warrick. I am Galatea. What we want is to contact Draga the Hutt, who sells merchandise we are in need of. We will pay you 1,000 credits for his location and an introduction. What say you?"


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea nods to Callum, thinks for a second, then gives a shrug and begins levelly "Am I talking to Warrick Raden or a member of his gang? If it's a gang member we will pay you and your friends 200 credits for an introduction to Mr Raden. If you are Mr Raden, well, we are talking much more. And we came here for information not a fight. We don't want to kill anyone, dead people can't provide information or get paid for it."

Persuasion, Galatea: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea turns to Callum and the droid and says quietly "It looks like we have to shoot things out, unless someone has a better idea."


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"Oh come on! Hiding behind cover with blasters pointed at each other is not the way to discuss business. Can't we put the weapons away and discuss matters face to face like sensible adults?" replies Galatea, smiling warmly.

Persuasion, Galatea: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"A major and potentially very profitable business opportunity. I am sure Rannik Raden would be interested in what we have to say. If you kind gentlemen could steer us in his direction I am sure Mr Raden would be most pleased."pronounces Galatea grandly, smiling warmly, her tongue dripping honey.

Persuasion, Galatea: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

If I get some sort of assist from Callum that has not been added to my roll.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Perception, Galatea: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Whatever it is I don't notice it. :(


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Trying not to be noticed Galatea moves to the wall of the warehouse and peeks inside.

Perception, Galatea: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Stealth, Galatea: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

I am not sure those rolls are needed, but I won't hold things up if they are. :)
Edit- Having seen the results I don't need rolls like that ever. :(
2nd edit- For some reason the computer re-rolled when I did the edit. The 1st result totals were 5 for per, 8 for stealth.
Apologies GM Phntm888, I should have checked the initial description before asking questions.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Some questions GM Phntm888-
1 The warehouse we are going to. Is it the largest building, that to the character's left, the whole area, another building or maybe we don't know.
2 Down the street on the PCs right, that looks like a landspeeder crashed into a building. Is that what it is and does the crash look recent.
3 That is 2 people next to the landspeeder? What do they look like and what are they doing?
Thanks.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Yep.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"Sadly, you are both correct I believe." says Galatea in response to Callum and Colvin. "We might as well head in as there does not seem to be a better alternative."

With that the Niemodian starts moving forward, blaster carbine ready in her hand despite being concealed under her clothing.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"That would be the warehouse. Can anyone see any sign of our Devaronian, or any possible threat?" asks Galatea.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"Excellent work Sebbik. Once everyone is fully healed I suggest we head for the warehouse and try to locate our Devaronian." says Galatea upon hearing the Duros' findings.

GM Phntm888- Do you want us to work out how long each person is going to be in a Force Trance and for how long and when. I am down 13 HPs. Or can we just say we all heal up and head for the warehouse? I kinda hope for the second.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

You have to be down to half or less of your HPs to take second wind. Seems a bit odd if you are on 21/ 41 HPs but thems the rules. I can put you into a force trance that will allow you to heal a number of HPs = your level, i.e. 3, per hour. I suggest we do that first. And if Sebbik hasn't located Darga by then you can try too.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"Indeed Colvin,I should remain with Callum to awake him from the trance when he has healed. I had intended to try to gather information in this city when I was interrupted by these Viper buffoons. If someone else has the skills to play detective I can stay with Callum. Otherwise I believe Sebbik is excellent at uncovering information from a computer network." replies Galatea.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"Callum will be fine with some rest. Let us make ourselves scarce before the Imperials show up." replies Galatea, looking around anxiously.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"I agree totally Sebbik. Let's get out of here. Can someone give me a hand getting Callum on the hoversled? And I can't pilot it I am afraid." replies Galatea as she looks around anxiously.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea goes over to Callum to see how badly he is hurt. Seeing he is unconscious but not dying she then attempts to put him in a Force trance.

Use the Force, with Exceptional Skill: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

"Callum lives but could use some medical attention."Galatea announces to her other friends, hoping there is someone with the medical skills she lacks.

Core p77 for Force Trance.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

I don't need any of them except maybe the staff.

I could use the belt but it is better on uriel or lonam I would think.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

I am less affected by the Xmas period due to being single. But the idea of a scheduled break seems very sensible and I hope everyone and their families has a fine time.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea fires at Kessra again, remaining readyto tke an attck of opportunity should it arise.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Damage: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 7, 2) + 1 = 16

AoO:
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Damage: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 7, 2) + 1 = 11


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Sympathies. Get well.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea fires at Kessra, remaining prepared to retaliate should the remaining gang member attack her again.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Damage: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 2, 8) + 1 = 18

Attack of Opportunity:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Damage: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 8) + 1 = 13

I lost the ability to post for a week and a half when my old computer died. I don't seem to have held things up though, by which I am relieved.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Oh I very much do.:)

Attack Of Opportunity:

Attack, Blaster Carbine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage, Blaster Carbine: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 2, 2) + 1 = 12


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea barely stops herself from saying something extremely unladylike when she gets the depleted power pack alarm from her blaster.

She then takes a spare power pack from her utility belt, reloads her blaster carbine and catches her second wind.

See Core p153, Manipulating an Item. Reloading in this fashion is 2 move actions, or here a move action and a standard action. Catching a Second Wind is a swift action, so that is Galatea's turn over. The good news is she gains 14 HPs, leaving her on a total of 17, and is ready to shoot next round.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

(Player rises from seat.) I stand corrected. Conscious and force gripping I am, well I hope so. But no.

Galatea attempts to maintain her Force Grip but her injury is too severe for her to concentrate.

Use the Force, Force Grip: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

GM Phntm888- Fair enough. I know that Jedi tend to gesture in the movies. Didn't know if they had to. But I will make stealth rolls in future. I was thinking of adding that Galatea concealed her hand in her clothing, but decided not to.
Colven- Where do you get me being on 3HP from? I like the idea, but I was tracking it and I was on 13 HP and took ... 13 HP damage.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1
Callum Vorn wrote:
"Killed" is such a strong word...

Indeed. I prefer "immobilised for the long term."

Galatea falls to the ground bleeding.

Galatea is at zero HPs, so I think is down and she can't maintain her force grip regardless of any use the force roll. I had not thought what I think are non force users would all know it was me using a force power.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

GM Phntm 888- How is fatherhood treating you. My guess, well deduction maybe, is you are getting used to a lot less sleep.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

The rider.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea cries out in distress seeing her friend fall, then addresses the swoop rider who felled him " Callum! Enough you!" The Neimodian then uses her Force Grip power on the "Red" swoop rider.

Use the Force, Force Grip: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Damage, Force Grip: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 3) = 11

Attack Of Opportunity:

Attack, Blaster Carbine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Damage, Blaster Carbine: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 8, 4) + 1 = 15

The person I force gripped only gets to use a single swift action next turn. Customarily the victim uses this action to suck on small round pebbles.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea again fires her blaster carbine at the yellow viper.

Attack, Blaster Carbine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Damage, Blaster Carbine: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5, 2) + 1 = 11

Attack of Opportunity:

Attack, Blaster Carbine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Damage, Blaster Carbine: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6, 6) + 1 = 16

Sorry about the delay posting. We re-started after a substantial delay and I didn't notice at first.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea levels the her blaster carbine at the yellow viper and fires.

Attack, Blaster Carbine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Damage, Blaster Carbine: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) + 1 = 13

AoO:

Attack, Blaster Carbine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Damage, Blaster Carbine: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6, 3) + 1 = 16


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"Vipers, hmmm. As my friends have said, we have already settled all fees associated with our landing. So I suggest our business with you Vipers is finished and we can go our separate ways. Have a nice day."says Galatea in an amiable but firm tone, while her hand seeks out her blaster carbine in case it is needed.

Persuasion, with Aid from Sebbik: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 = 25


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

"I can try and locate this Warrick 'Womp Rat' Raden in Zarra. It may take a while and it is probably best if you all come along as it is possible I could run into trouble. I may have to pay some bribes." replies Galatea. If nobody objects she will go into the city and commence detective work.

Persuasion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Gather Information: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

That is Gather Information to locate an individual as per Core rulebook and Persuasion to haggle over the amount of bribes, also as per Core rulebook.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea glances at her datapad, looks a little frustrated and then speaks to Sebbik once more "Grandfather Sebbik, I just checked my available funds, and there is not a lot, probably insufficient for the not so small gifts and emoluments usually and essential part of most detective work. I will see if I can locate a computer that the public can access and you can see what you can turn up on Darga. If that does not work out I will see if we can pool some funds so I have enough to bribe people. Sound like a plan?"

With that Galatea sets about locating a computer that the public can access upon which Sebbik can work his magic.

Gather Information, taking 10: 10 + 8 = 18

I checked the gather information rules and I would usually need 5,000 cr in bribes. I can try to use persuasion to halve that. Since I currently have a grand total of 3,010 Credits I am more than willing to let Sebbik try first. Galatea will be grateful if you can turn up some info on the citadel of Nute Gunray as well.


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Galatea glances around to make sure there are no people or survielance devices close enough to hear before replying "That sounds like a plan Sebbik. Let us make our way into Zarra, which is where we are and the capital of the planet. Then you can seek out an available computer and I can try to find Darga by more conventional detective work. Just make sure when you find a giant megalomaniac green intelligent slug it is actually Darga and not one of the similar creatures which inhabit Cato Neimodia in large swarms. While you are looking for the Hut, could you see if you can come up with any information on the citadel of Nute Gunray, the onetime head of the Trade federation. It is of historical interest to a Neimodian. Finally, thinking about the history of Cato Neimodia reminded me that my species eveolved from yours Sebbik. I think I should start addressing you in a way suitable to an elder patriach. How does Grandpa or Gramps sound?"


Female Niemoidian Noble 2/ Jedi 1

Mr GM- Can I ask where we are on Cato Neimodia? If we are in a city, the capital city of Zarra or another, presumably smaller city, we can proceed to spend long enough to make an investigation roll to look for Darga. I should probably take a back seat on where we should go as I came across where Darga is, or rather was not long ago, in looking up Cato Neimodia so I knew where we were. Also, fellow players, who is best at investigation? I have a +8.

1 to 50 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>